[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooo... currently reading the Ultimate universe, mostly Spidey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: spidey_by_philliecheesie-d6u8ggh.jpg (174KB, 788x1015px) Image search: [Google]
spidey_by_philliecheesie-d6u8ggh.jpg
174KB, 788x1015px
Sooo... currently reading the Ultimate universe, mostly Spidey as I have just got into comics and I thought "Let's read the series that sweet GameCube game is based on."

So far it's pretty dope. Just finished Hollywood but I've decided to go back and ready the rest of the Ultimate universe up until that point

But Spidey is my boy. So what series would you recommend to read? Which series has a few series that you find to be the best?
>>
Hate to break it to you, but that run doesn't have a particularly happy resolution.
>>
>>92797260
Read until Peter retires indefinitely
It's a great send-off to the whole run and what comes next only shits on his memory. You really don't want to go there.
>>
Bump.

Don't really want to talk about the Ultimate series. Just want to know what are the best Spidey series to read.
>>
>>92798533
Spider-Man: Blue is good.
Superior Spider-Man has serious problems, but is still a great read.
Maximum Carnage is a delightful trainwreck.
Any of the "Foes of Spider-Man" stories, either Deadly or Superior are fantastic... but those are more spider-adjacent than actually Spider-Man storylines.

Honestly, go back and read the classic Amazing Spider-Man comics. They've actually aged pretty well for the most part, and are hilarious when they haven't.
>>
>>92797260
Original Spidey 60s to 90s (skip the 90s, except for 2099)

JMS is also amazing. Just read it all until Mephisto tricks Peter into thinking he sacrificed his marriage and future for a senile hag just to torture him.

Everything that happens afterwards is the Mephistoverse and it's all wrong. Peter is still trapped there and at some point he'll get out. Also in "Sins Past", Mary Jane got Gwen Stacy's story wrong. She was dosed.
>>
>>92798533
I'd recommend Spider-man Noir. It's nontraditional but it was entertaining.
>>
ultimate line is garbage. Benis and Bagley are garbage. ultimate spider-man is certified trash.

SHOUT OUT TO the JMS run
>>
>>92798533
Really, most of ASM up to the late 80s/early 90s is pretty solid.

Kraven's Last Hunt is probably my favorite story arc.

>>92798786
>Maximum Carnage is a delightful trainwreck

I don't even care that Maximum Carnage is objectively stupid as fuck, I love it.
>>
File: 1483547124405.png (2MB, 597x1018px)
1483547124405.png
2MB, 597x1018px
>>92798796
>Everything that happens afterwards is the Mephistoverse and it's all wrong.

You. I like you.
>>
File: RCO001_1469440348.jpg (2MB, 2013x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO001_1469440348.jpg
2MB, 2013x3056px
Is this the most overrated Spider-Man story of all time?
>>
Read the JMS run and also read the underrated Marvel Knights/Sensational Spider-Man and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man from that era.

Some other underrated arcs:

Spider-Man vs Wolverine
What if: Spider-Man vs Wolverine
What if: House of M Spider-Man
Spider-Man Noir
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man (53-60 are where the plot starts then move on to vol 2)
>>
>>92797411
I disagree. It's bittersweet but not necessarily unhappy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.