[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /co/ hate his backstory? Exactly what did he retcon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (8KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 202x250px
Why does /co/ hate his backstory? Exactly what did he retcon from the original show?
>>
who cares, korra is fanfiction
>>
>>92792043
1- they explained shit that didn't need to be explained

2- the story doesnt even make sense; people were literally living in turtles Because no one ever thought to ask the turtle If they could keep their powers. Wan was literally just the first Guy to ask.

3- in the end Wan was the worst avatar, considering how he fucked the planet. Korra second, kyoshi "not gonna help the earth nation" in third.
>>
The Avatar's nature changed. Raava/Vaatu were some Yin/Yang deal, but the Avatar isn't even the balanced fusion. Instead it is only one half of the harmonious whole. And it loses the authority it had to step in when balance is threatened because "balance" becomes what Raava wants, rather than some external balance.

The spirit portals that no one ever knew about. How the oasis Aang was in during season 1 of ATLA was the most spiritual place at the North Pole according to Yue.
Also the spirits never needed any physical portals to move between the worlds before, but now the majority of them do.

Humans being able to walk to the spirit world physically goes against the whole spirit part of the spirit world.

Bending is mutant powers bereft of cultural/environmental context since it stems from where the lion turtle touched you a long time ago.

The Avatar's contact with their past lives is a function of the spirit grafted to them.

However, a lot of /co/ loves Wan because he is not Korra.
>>
>>92792043

Who the hell hates his backstory? Those were the only two well-received episodes in the season.
>>
>>92792043
It was a bunch of anime cliches, even by Avatar standards.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
>>
>>92792518
/co/ apparently but I personally loved it. I thought it was beautiful.
>>
>>92792175
>Korra second
Nah. Wan brought order. Man wanted nothing to do with spirits and vice cersa. korra refucked the planet.
>tfw "thanks korra" threads after season 2.
>>
>>92792730
>Man wanted nothing to do with spirits and vice cersa.
Moon and ocean up and leaving, I wonder what would happen to their planet. And the Mother of Faces gives everything its distinct look apparently.
>>
>>92792043
I didn't think it was bad, I actually kind of liked it.

Loking back though, I can't see what the point of it was. Sure it was cool and all, but it didn't advance the plot and hardly related to what was going on in the series. I may be wrong, it's been a while, but it feels like a random sidetrack to what was going on.
>>
>>92792043
>Exactly what did he retcon from the original show?
Nothing except headcanons and fanfictions.
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (48KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
48KB, 900x900px
FUCKING EVERYTHING
>>
>>92792450
10/10 post.
/thread
Y'all can go home now.
>>
>>92792730
>Wan brought order
He also liberated Satan the first time.

>>92792838
>Moon and ocean up and leaving
he is clearly talking about animal spirits, and not the spirits that are just a part of nature (these spirits don't really want anything to do with humanity; they literally just exist and that's it).

I should also point out that it is unlikely that the mother of faces gives faces to Everyone, considering the birth rate. Most likely when she said that she gave people face she was talking about giving people NEW faces.
>>
File: 5227907485270016.jpg (9KB, 248x231px) Image search: [Google]
5227907485270016.jpg
9KB, 248x231px
>>92793505
>>92792593

Friendly reminder E;R is /ourguy/ and is always right. Always.
>>
File: 5077514079961088.jpg (5KB, 148x137px) Image search: [Google]
5077514079961088.jpg
5KB, 148x137px
>>92793505
>>92793579
"Did somebody say "badly written lesbians"?"
>>
>>92792450
Pretty much this.

>>92792518
I wouldn't mind the episodes if they were self contained, but as the other guy pointed out it changed a whole lot of things about the lore of Avatar, and fairly important things aswell.
>>
>>92794070
>I wouldn't mind the episodes if they were self contained
I would. The writing was ridiculously childish.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.