[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel doesn't care about anything but movies. How do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: XMEN-FACTS-INTRO.jpg (76KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
XMEN-FACTS-INTRO.jpg
76KB, 660x350px
Marvel doesn't care about anything but movies. How do I know this? Because they are effectively killing the X-men franchise out of spite for the fact that only Fox can make movies of them. No new X-men cartoons of video games, and just like Fantastic 4 I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug on the comic books too.

For a supposed "comic book company," Marvel seems to have the mindset of a petulant child if they are going to boycott their own franchise just because they can't roll it into their cinematic universe, which let's face it, if Marvel got what they wanted they'd suffocate the
already crowded MCU (not that anyone would care, because Marvel movies always make at least a half billion dollars and get Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, even when they're bad).

Basically, fuck Marvel for destroying the X-men franchise because of some movies. The world doesn't revolve around movies even if that's where Marvel is making a lot of money right now. There is nothing stopping them from making quality X-men cartoons, toys, and video games, and ultimately it's the fans who they are punishing since Fox was hardly getting a dime from tie-in merchandise anyway.
>>
>>92782712
Everyone knows this already.

Marvel made more money from the first Avengers movie than they've ever made from comic books, they're a movie company first and a comic company second now.

Why would they waste their main effort on a dying market worth pennies?
>>
>>92782712
It's all Ike Perlmutter.
>>
>>92782765
The video game industry is bigger than the movie industry, but Marvel won't let Capcom put X-Men characters in the new Marvel vs. Capcom.
>>
>>92782854
I should mention that the first game in what is now known as the Marvel Vs. Capcom series was X-Men: Children of the Atom. Marvel won't let Capcom use X-Men characters in a game series that started with an X-Men game.
>>
>>92782712
There are too many Xfans to cancel their comics.
I think the X-Men more and more are going to be cornered into their own bubble with a handful of books with little crossover to the rest of the MU.
>>
>>92783052
X-Men being in its own universe where anything can happen without attracting the attention of other Marvel superheroes would be great. Being cornered into an irrelevant isolated space of the Marvel universe where nothing too interesting and ground-shaking can happen would be lame though and the fans don't want that.

It's aggravating because X-Men is a huge franchise, with a rich and storied history, but Marvel wants to pretty much kill it off aside from some comics (which won't sell well if they're not good) and movies (which Marvel is offended by and wishes didn't exist).
>>
>>92782712
>out of spite

It's a company anon. If it was spite than they wouldn't even bother with continued series. It's financially retarded to keep making xmen comics that're good
>>
>>92782712
>No new X-men cartoons of video games
The only non-mobile Marvel games of the past 5 years are LEGO, Deadpool, and the Telltale GotG. It isn't that they're not making X-Men games, they simply aren't making games. Also, remember X-Men Destiny?

>>92782854
>>92782890
>Marvel won't let Capcom put X-Men characters in the new Marvel vs. Capcom
This was never stated anywhere in any interview. It's purely something somebody said in a /co/ thread that keeps being reposted, like that asshole who insisted it was going to be a Switch exclusive.
>>
>>92782712
>>92782765
>killing off the comics
They wish. The comics are somewhat separated from the movies and need to make some money on their own, which hasn't been so much the case lately. It's not just sales money, either, a lot of comics money comes from advertisement space.

Besides, even if they somehow sabotage themselves out of spite (yes, that's the case), they still try to cash in on synergy. I'm kinda surprised they didn't start a new Legion comic while the show was on, not even a one-shot?

>>92783052
>I think the X-Men more and more are going to be cornered into their own bubble with a handful of books with little crossover to the rest of the MU.
Some mutants like Rogue are stuck in Avengers books, so guess they're not trying that hard yet to isolate them. Probably because of how badly the Inhumans thing backfired so far.
>>
>>92783976
>This was never stated anywhere in any interview.
This will never be stated in any interview. Do you honestly expect them to say "why yes, true believers, they will not be anywhere other than their shitty containment comics from now on, fuck X-men and fuck you for liking them"?
Infinity might as well be called MCU vs Capcom.
>>
>>92785363
So in other words you have no legit sauce. Just some /x/ tier theory
>>
>>92783976
We're getting a Lego Marvel 2 which so far has no X or FF characters.

>>92783837
I'm pretty sure there's some spite from the part of Marvel Entertainment, considering how Wanda and Pietro get almost as shafted as actual X characters just because Fox can potentially use them, in spite of them having appeared in Marvel's movies themselves. The sillitiest thing about this is that it seems like the grudge actually doesn't come from the movie division but from Marvel itself.
>>
>>92785440
The fact that the X-men aren't in the game should be proof enough you cancerous Disney shill
>>
>>92782854
Does marvel have in house talent to to develop anything more than mobile shit? Because capcom requires sharing profits and mobile shit is a meh return unless you got a hit on your hands.

They on the movie studio for MCU and stick to the same formula that pumps them out millions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.