[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wouldn't a more interesting Injustice story be with Batman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1404081677285.jpg (370KB, 1200x1854px) Image search: [Google]
1404081677285.jpg
370KB, 1200x1854px
Wouldn't a more interesting Injustice story be with Batman being the villain?
>>
>>92779551
You have my curiosity. Continue your pitch kind sir.
>>
>>92779722
The entire Injustice series proved that Superman wasn't the one that would be hard to take down. In fact, Batman had him beat several times, and the only reason he kept surviving was because of plot asspulls or Batman being occupied by his morals. But I feel like a world under the rule of Batman would be 100% more engaging and lethal.
>>
>>92779551
We had a movie about that last year.
>>
>>92779551
i don't know if we want to go down the "Nemesis" route.
>>
Batman being the bad guy?

Straight up going all Ozymandias on everyone? That would be cool, and logical.

I imagine that he recruits street levelers and low tier metahumans at first.

Then he works his way up...
>>
>>92779846
>Ozymandias
But Batman isnt gay.
>>
>>92779863
>dresses children up in bright green tights
You might be wrong anon
>>
>>92779551
Yea, it's called Kingdom Come
>>
File: 1387010691014.jpg (26KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1387010691014.jpg
26KB, 429x410px
>dick dying didn't turn bats to killing
>zsasz killing alfred didn't turn bats to killing

I think the problem is trying to find something that would actually push him over the edge.
>>
>>92779551
Wouldn't that be pretty much Lex Luthor?
>>
>>92779981
It all depends on the story.
Any AU could make whatever send him over the edge. Hell some just straight up have him naturally transition into Batfascist because he's a dick like that.
>>
>>92779981
The comparison to Ozymandias above is a pretty good one, I think. Bruce is very smart, thinks strategically, and has a savior complex. It's not out of the question that he'd eventually conclude that he has to conquer the world, or worse, in order to save it from itself.

He and Superman are opposites in this regard. Superman's an actual alien with all that power, but he's much more down-to-Earth. It's actually much more far fetched, to me, that Superman would turn tyrant than Batman, despite the fact that it would be far easier for Superman.
>>
>>92779981
I think it's dependent on how it's set up. If you have Batman lose all his robins and alfred in one fell swoop you could probably frame it around batman reacting to losing his family for a second time and going off the deep end. He's smart enough that he could probably convince most of the league to go along with him and those that disagree with him, this time probably being led by superman, would be slow to go against him due to there being levels of trust in him. And it's not like we don't know bats has plans to take down all his friends so you could even make it so supes is attacked preemptively and has to lay low to recover while batman sets up his regime.

Honestly now that I'm thinking about it reversing the positions does actually sound more interesting to me.
>>
>>92781590
Superman recovering would sort of be like One Punch Man where eventually, everything seems lost until he comes in and just fixes everything just like he did in the Injustice 1 game.
>>
>>92779551
Yes but you know DC won't do it.
>>
>>92779551
I think it could be cool. Batman using shit like Brother Eye and the OMACs to turn the world into one big police state makes a lot of sense. I'd have the big switch come from Clark not being there to stop Bruce from killing Joker like what happened after Death in the Family.
>>
>>92780014
Injustice Supes is pretty much Darkseid but that never stopped anyone. Bruce is much less petty than Lex, and seeing the one trusted to keep the JL in check go rogue could be pretty damn fun. Like Captain Hydra.
>>
>>92779551
The funny part is, that's pretty much the plot of Injustice 2 when viewed objectively, only the narrative won't allow Batman's to be portrayed in a fully negative light.
>>
>>92781610
If I was writing it, I'd have Bats use Gold Kryptonite on Supes. Take out all the key members of the League slowly Captain Hydra style. Or do what Steve did to Sam and make them believe they're inadequate heroes causing them to quit by manipulating events.
>>
Again, evil Batman is just an uninteresting Luthor story. Just use Lex if you want to do that.
>>
>>92779981
Dude are you aware of Kingdom Come? Joker kills Lois in that one and Superman turns over to the courts. AUs can do whatever they want, you could write a Bruce that was on the edge of being All-Star Batman tier insane, that finally got pushed over the edge.
>>
>>92781784
>Muh sacred Batgod who cannot be touched
Grow up. Bruce is not Lex. Having the one man trusted with keeping the League from losing touch, be the one to snap is ripe for potential. Especially since everyone both in comics and out acts like Bruce is incorruptible. Captain Hydra is a fantastic story Spencer's Twitter faggotry aside. This could be great too.
>>
>>92779979

KC Bruce was a resoanable guy that told everyone to fucking chill.
>>
>>92781871
it's the opposite of Batgod though, he sucks and there's nothing interesting in that sort of plot
>>
>>92781610

Or Kingdom Come.
>>
File: IMG_2589.jpg (25KB, 244x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2589.jpg
25KB, 244x292px
Really when you look at all the unethical things Batman has access too him going evil could cause far more damage and destruction than Lex.
>The League Member trusted with keeping watch for corruption in the League
>Mentor and advisor to the Batkids who act as the leaders for most superteams
>Has access to technology like Brother Eye and OMACs that allow him to go toe to toe with metas
>Has access to the Fortress of Solitude
>Trusted friend and confidant to Superman and WW two of the most powerful superheroes that everyone looks up to
>Knows everyone's secrets and has plans to exploit weaknesses
Evil Batman would be a fucking amazing story in the hands of a writer who can plot long term like Priest. Batman is in the position to seriously fuck up the entire superhero community.
>>
>>92781896
I disagree. Bruce has pretty much usurped Clark as the unbreakable paragon of morals in the DCU. He's rarely if ever shown sub coming to mind control and if he does he breaks it through his own will. He sets the example for his protégés who run most of the younger super teams. Lex is not like that at all. An evil Batman would be like Captain Hydra, meticulously plotting out the fall of his opponents whereas Lex just builds bigger death rays when the first one fails.
>>
I feel that even if Batman was the villain of Injustice he'd never kill. He'd torture and lock up his friends, probably in situations that are worse than death, but he'd still not kill.
>>
>>92782070
He's tried to kill before. Tried to kill Joker many times over the years, usually Gordon or Supes stop him. It's not that far fetched that he'd finally just say fuck it.
>>
>>92782211
Batman really is just the punisher with stricter morals.

captcha: bruce drive
>>
>>92779551
That's basically what happened on Earth-51 in Countdown.

>>92779981
Nuke Gotham
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.