[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Wonder Woman offer as a superhero in terms of variety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
What does Wonder Woman offer as a superhero in terms of variety and archetype that's different from the rest of the Justice League?

Is it just "Muh vagina"?
>>
>>92767504
>>
>>92767504
>Muh

Disregard thread. There is no intelligent discussion to be found here.
>>
>>92767504
If Superman is the paternal figure of the Justice League, then Wonder Woman is the maternal figure.
>>
>>92767504
I like her cause i like greek myth and muscele girls are my fetish
>>
She's stern, Supes is the heart, Bats is the brain, Flash is funny
>>
>>92767667
Batman is the stern one
>>
>>92767504
>Is it just "Muh vagina"?
How is that not literally every female superhero? They're all essentially distaff counterparts, with no real original character of their own.
>>
I think she's SUPPOSED to be the mythological side of the DCU, the way Thor is THE mythological-themed hero of Marvel. She's supposed to fight stuff from Greek myths and protect us from that stuff invading Earth.

The thing is, she started out as basically Feminism: the superhero. I'm gonna be actually contrarian and say that her representing equality, or standing up for some sort of minority, or fighting villains themed on some sort of prejudice or conflict (Dr. Cyber flipping out on beauty, Dr. Psycho the woman-hater, etc.) isn't honestly bad at all, it FEELS like it ought be flexible in fact for lots of stories and villain themes, but it can and will clash with the Greek stuff above in terms of focus. You focus on the Greek, you lose out on her original theme, you focus on some sort of equality superhero, you lose out on a major source of the mythological in the DCU as well as her becoming "female Superman".

BTW, I should think she ought be much more regal, calm, and serene in contrast to the easygoing and outwardly friendly Superman in terms of personality contrast. In terms of the Trinity, Superman ought be the easiest one for a normal person to just plain speak to on an even basis, and the same within the main Justice League except MAYBE Flash (who might lose out only because "friendly yet socially awkward nerd" seems to be what DC's aiming as Barry's personality).
>>
>>92768079
The problem is that when comic writers think about "regal" in the context of her they go fully detached from humanity and miss the point. Perhaps because Aquaman already bridges that gap between two worlds so they want to make her more unique in a group setting, but it's just retarded.
>>
>>92767504
Temperance, balance, and since J'onn isn't on the team anymore an outsiders perspective (no that they've ever thought to use that).
>>
>>92768168
I always liked that J'onn was so serene and stoic and never wallowing in angst despite having way more emotional baggage than any of the others. They shouldn't have kicked him off the team.

Wonder Woman tends to fall slightly flat as a character because the writers are too busy trying to make her represent something to give her a consistent personality across multiple incarnations of the character. Every version of her is so different from the others that she is more of an archetype than a character in her own right the way Superman and Batman are.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.