[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sacrificed himself all to teach a lesson to Clark. >Died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: tornado.gif (3MB, 360x152px) Image search: [Google]
tornado.gif
3MB, 360x152px
>Sacrificed himself all to teach a lesson to Clark.

>Died for a FUCKING DOG.

I burst out fucking laughing when I watched this in theaters. Despite all of the moral gymnastics you have to do, none of it made any damn sense.
>>
Can we stop pretending that MoS was anything but mediocre, maybe bad?
>>
The only part I don't understand is why he spent half of the fucking movie making us feel bad about the death of his birth father and krypton if he was just going to kill Pa Kent later in the movie.
>>
>Stop, my invincible son.
>>
Who is the viewpoint character supposed to be in Man of Steel? Like, whose perspective are we the audience supposed to share? Because the only one that makes sense is maybe Lois.
>>
>>92766130
>Anon never had a family dog
Forget about whether or not the movie is good. What the fuck is wrong with you? I think you're kind of heartless man.
>>
File: hank_twister.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
hank_twister.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>>92766130
>tfw it could have played out the way Hank Hill survived a tornado
Costner would have been butt-naked, but at least he would have survived
>>
>>92766380
>>wasn't even there dog
>>
>>92766130
Because this is Bait, you obviously know that he didn't die JUST for a dog, but to protect Clark's secret.

There were witnesses, so if young Clark ran out there and used his superpowers, there were going to be a lot of awkward questions the Kents weren't yet prepared to answer.
>>
>>92766819
Clark's super fucking fast. He has superspeed. He could have zipped in, gotten the dog, and zipped back away from the crowd without anyone noticing.

I swear the Snyderfags forget Superman has superspeed. He can do this shit without getting seen.

And even if he can't, if the choice is a) a the safety of a human being or b) a fucking dog, only idiots and PETA would choose b.

I had a dog, I loved him, but if I had to choose between my dog and my brother I'd shoot the dog myself.

Do you people actively hate your family?
>>
>>92766358
>>Nay,Invulnerable spawn
>>
>>92767165
I can't think of a time in MoS when superman was shown to be that level of fast, first sign of that we get is at the start of BvS. I think it's fair to assume that he couldn't do that when he was a teenager.
>>
>>92766358
>NAWW, INVINCIBLE BOI
>>
>>92767226
Faora managed that kind of super speed despite only having powers for like 12 hours. Clark got nineteen years of soaking in yellow sun before the tornado came along.

So can we at least agree they didn't bother with internal consistency when it came to power manifestation because otherwise the action would be weaker?
>>
>>92767165
>Clark's super fucking fast. He has superspeed.
The only time Clark was shown super fast was when he flies for the first time. If Clark always had superspeed he could have stopped the bus from falling into the river as soon as he heard the tire go out. So no he's not.
>>92767316
>Faora managed that kind of super speed despite only having powers for like 12 hours
That's the suit you dumb dumb. Faora had no powers, because expose to the earth Atmosphere fucked her up.
>>
>>92767365
>That's the suit you dumb dumb
That is literally the first time I've ever heard this. What have you got to back that claim up other than a tautological argument?
>>
>>92766234
Literally this.
>>
>>92766819
This
>>
>>92766234
This is the occam's razor answer so naturally it can't be the correct one.
>>
>>92767529
>>92767566
Literally, this.
>>
>>92766130

>Pa Kent's death is supposed to represent that not even Superman can save everyone
>instead Pa Kent's death is caused because he's crazy and worried that people will think Clark is weird for having powers

Clark saved that bus load of kids and everybody saw him do it, but nobody ever came to their house with pitch forks.
>>
>>92766380
>anon never had a family dad
>>
>>92766819
Every fucking knows he's Superman anyway. Those fuckers saw him lift the bus, and they know what Clark looks like, so they know he's Superman. Just admit Pa Kent died for nothing
>>
Let's be honest, the way Goyer wrote Jonathan Kent makes no fucking sense, Jon Kent is the exact opposite of who Superman will become. His critical important, last thing before he dies lesson, is that Clarke's identity is more important then the people around him. That he is more important.

Why does Superman need to learn this "lesson", who the fuck knows because the Superman that I know is all about self sacrifice for the good of the people, constantly putting himself in harms way to protect people. It's just a unnecessary plot point and writing of the character, especially since the audience knows who superman is, he's a established character of the public. Why try to change him?

Constantly throughout the film the writers write themselves in a corner, a keystone of a badly written movie. Where the main character would be forced to put himself in a situation that is contradictory to his character.
Besides, there was no reason to write yourself a "unique take on Superman", he's a archetype hero. There was no reason to reinvent the wheel, unless you are one of those types that think that Superman is lame because he's "too perfect" in which case why are you writing/directing the fucking superman movie.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.