[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets settle this /co/ which of the three truly deserves the title

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

Lets settle this /co/
which of the three truly deserves the title ''Spider-man's Arch Nemesis''
>>
Hapenis.
>>
>>92765479
poverty
>>
I don't really see how it could be anyone other than Osborne.
>>
>>92765479
Life.
>>
Norman killed his girl
Otto took his life
Eddie....made MJ really upset?
>>
Used to be Green Goblin, more recently it's Dan Slott.
>>
Peter Parker is Spider-Man's arch nemesis
>>
File: gonna frank a goblin.jpg (84KB, 523x799px) Image search: [Google]
gonna frank a goblin.jpg
84KB, 523x799px
Osborn
>>
Shocker.
>>
SO ARE YOU IN, OR OUT?
>>
>>92765527
The man will forever ruin the Spider-Man mythos.
>>
>>92765479
Green Goblin
>>
>>92765479
Peter Parker.
>>
I prefer Doc Ock. He's more interesting than the Goblin
>>
File: 4565.png (182KB, 270x311px) Image search: [Google]
4565.png
182KB, 270x311px
Osborne's been coasting off of a decades-old victory that barely puts him above the guy who shot Uncle Ben. He hasn't succeeded in doing anything to top it, except towards his own son.

Meanwhile, thanks to Slott, Doc Ock is working every day to chip away at Peter's accomplishments.

And thanks to One More Day, only one of them knows Spider-man's secret identity
>>
>>92765479
Goblin.

Not Ock nor (any) Venom hates him as much as Stormin' Norman and has consistently fucked with him as much.
>>
>>92765693
Dock Ock's definitely going to become a villain sue eventually as long as Slott writes spiderman
>>
>>92765479
Kingpin.
>>
Joe Quesada
>>
>>92765479
At one point, Venom. Originally he was a terrifying mirror to him. It may not seem like much that he scared MJ, but it was a huge deal back when it happened, leading MJ to be severely traumatized for a while
>>
File: image.jpg (619KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
619KB, 988x1500px
Venom looks the part but I can't see him as an arch enemie he's a threat but he's negotiable and the two have worked together way too often to be full arch enemy
>>
>>92765671
Fuck off Slott, Ock was only interesting in the Ditko era because he kicked Pete's ass so often.
>>
Gotta be Goblin.

Doc Ock has been closing the gap, but that's like saying the girl that burned all your clothes and family pictures is almost as bad as the girl that shot your dog and gave you the clap.

And Venom is a bitch who has been rebounding with every dick it can for 20 plus years to show Peter how over him it is.
>>
Sorry goblinfags. It was always Otto. ALWAYS.

"Muh Slott" doesn't invalidate it.
>>
>>92765884
>Saves entire New York from neutron bomb
>Be brutal as fuck tearing Octopus' limbs off
>Fucks the shit off Felicia afterwards

That was a good day to be Spidey.
>>
>>92765479
It´s really a toss up between the Venom and Green Goblin. With Venom, I really enjoy the creepy stalker angle in Spectacular Spiderman, outing his secret identity, trying to fuck with him in a very personal level. Venom is power without responsibility.
The Green Goblin is the classic match, red and blue hero versus purple and green villain, the Green Goblin could be part of Spiderman´s guilt complex with the dead of Gwen Stacy and the fact that he´s the father of his best friend.
>>
>>92765479
Emotionally it's Osborne
Mentally it's Ock
Physically it's Brock.
>>
File: image.jpg (690KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
690KB, 988x1500px
>>92766026
The symbiotic and Brock just too nice for me to really consider it peters greatest enemy,it's weird how how whenever it got the chance to harm peters day job,wife or "parents" it let them go.Otto and Osborne have never and would never show that much restraint
>>
>>92765918
>Fucks the shit off Felicia afterwards
She gets shot by a bunch of dudes 15 minutes later
>>
>>92765517
>>92765545
You guys get it.
>>
>>92765743
If he isn't already there, he's damn close.

>I put my mind in Parker's body and stole his life!
>Crap, I doomed the city. Guess I'll kill myself so Parker can clean my mess.
>Just kidding! I actually have a back-up of my mind hidden in my gauntlet because of an adventure through time and space in which I totally made Parker look like a useless ass.
>Hey, the Jackal made a clone of me. I can put my mind in it, kick a copy of Parker's mind's ass, and go back to being a villain.
>No one insults my waifu and gets away with it! I'll doom the world to a zombie apocalypse. I could just kill the Jackal, but fuck you.
>Well, I guess I'm dying for real this time.
>Fooled you again! Now I have an awesome body made with both Parker's DNA and my own. Get ready for Superior Spider-Man: Hydra Edition!
>This is all happening in less than five years, by the way.
>>
>>92766310
Jesus Fucking Christ, Slott, what have you done, you fanfic-tier trash hack?
>>
>>92765545
Fuck off, Slott.
>>
>>92766243
>Implying they didn't do it before getting shot
>>
>>92766026
>>92766048

Not really,

Eddie's personal code of ethics prevents him from doing any actual damage to Peter that isn't physical. Even when he knew his identity, he never considered outing it until just before he got hit in the head and conveniently got selective amnesia.

Also, he's too single-minded to just fuck with Peter outside of threats and physical contact.

And even then, he hasn't done anything Kraven hadn't already done better.
>>
>>92766310
Would Ock even join Hydra? I don't see him working well in a team that doesn't have him as numero uno.
>>
>>92766814
He was pissed when he found out they'd taken over one of his backup labs, but after he beat up Arnim Zola's men and learned they were planning to take down Parker Industries, he accepted Zola's offer for an alliance. He's currently one of Hydra Cap's Avengers.
>>
>>92766855
I guess that's okay?
>>
File: 1483081328275.jpg (36KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1483081328275.jpg
36KB, 357x368px
>>92765479
Doc Ock
the octopus is the only natural predator of the spider so it makes the most sense
>>
>>92765479
I'd say Venom is the Bane of Spider-Man's rogues. He's certainly a physical challenge for him, knows his identity, and manages to be a pretty formidable enemy. But there are other rogues that have a closer enemy relationship to the hero in question. Venom and Bane are even willing to work alongside Spidey and Batman at times.

So, I'd probably have to say this:
>>92765527
>>
>>92766888
You idiot, the Mysterio is the Spider's only natural predator.
>>
>>92765573
>"If I were this young lady's boyfriend, I'd never forgive that masked maniac for what he did."

What an asshole.
>>
>>92765799
>>92766226
This.
>>
>>92765479
>Green Goblin
>Venom
>Kraven
>
>
>Slyde
>Doctor Octopus
>>
>>92765479
Joe Quesada.
>>
File: image.jpg (643KB, 1000x1538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
643KB, 1000x1538px
>>92767161
Ottos too low,his obsession with Peter rivals Kraven and Norman
>>
>>92765479
Quesada. And the whole Marvel.

Oh, you mean in universe? Nowadays, is kinda dificult tell. Eddie was that in the 1990's, and the Osborns in the mid 1990's to early 2000's. Slott keep pushing Ock as his current nemesis, but this is more about grudge than Eddie. And spider-man/deadpool have Mephisto.

Guess what? It's probably MJ.
>>
>>92765479
Green Goblin, even before his resurrection.
1) Green Goblin
2) Dr. Octopus
3) Venom
4) Hobgoblin
5) Green Goblin 2
>>
>>92766933
which is eaten by chameleons
retard
>>
File: sOnwwd0.jpg (120KB, 723x295px) Image search: [Google]
sOnwwd0.jpg
120KB, 723x295px
>>92766939
>>
Osborn, without a doubt.

Venom is obviously a threat, but one that Peter knows how to reason with (most of the time).

Doc Ock has, within the past few years, been more jealous of Peter than anything since the Superior arc.

In the end, however, it always comes down to Norma fucking with Peter more than anyone else, and a villain that thinks outside the traditional world domination box. Ock is more concerned with conquering (or destroying during the 'Ends of the Earth' arc) the world, but Norman is content leading his own version of the Avengers or finding safety within the sovereignty of his own, weapons-building nation of Sokovia.
>>
>>92767373
Great list, I agree totally thought I would not put Harry as number 5.
>>
File: osborn.png (1MB, 672x1024px) Image search: [Google]
osborn.png
1MB, 672x1024px
there is nothing to settle
it is norman fucking osborn
it was always osborn
it will always be osborn
it will never not be osborn

kill yourselves slottfags
>>
>>92765479
The concept of youth.

But from an in-universe perspective, yeah, Stormin Norman.
>>
>>92765479
Venom is more a rival in many ways, Green Goblin has always been a nemesis.
As bizarre as this is to say think of it like how someone like Ra's is Batman's rival, but Joker is his nemesis.
To be clear it's not just the similar powers, but the similarish goals. Of course with Brock and Ra's it will vary what with their borderline psychosis but still. Eddie had his lethal protector thing and Ra's sometimes is explained away as an extremist ecoterrorist. I'm not calling them heroes, I'm not calling what they want heroic, I'm just saying it's closer to what the hero is trying to achieve than their nemesis who wants the opposite or just to fuck with the hero however possible.
>>
File: did nothing wrong.jpg (1MB, 944x2900px) Image search: [Google]
did nothing wrong.jpg
1MB, 944x2900px
>>92765573
>But wait there's more
>>
Could the Green Goblin/Norman Osborn ever be unseated from his position as Spider-man's arch nemesis.

Most of what's got him there are as much due to the long-term ramifications of his actions in the story.
He killed Gwen off for real, he set off a line of Green Goblins including Harry which ended in Spec #200, inspired the Hobgoblin line, he got the responsibility for the Clone Saga etc.

Yes killing Peter and taking over his body is pretty major but is it even going to matter once Slott's gone?
>>
File: smells like blondes.jpg (73KB, 386x447px) Image search: [Google]
smells like blondes.jpg
73KB, 386x447px
>>92767666
Witnessed, Satan
>>
>>92767644
>calls others retards
>doesn't know that green goblins commonly prey on chameleons
>>
>>92765479
Shocker of course.

That or Parker luck.
>>
File: spiderman-villains.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman-villains.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>92765479
Spider-Man has at least a dozen villains better than the shit-tastic Symbiotes.
>>
>>92765479
Peter Parker.
>>
>>92765479
Marvel
>>
Norman is his nemesis in all aspects of his life

Doc Ock is his arch enemy in super heroics, EVEN with the body swap thing, it was still more of a super villain plot than a personal attack.

Venom is the bane of his life. Eddie did most of the damage when injecting himself in Pete's personal life.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161115-134944.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161115-134944.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Torch
>>
>>92770833
I really like the symbiotes.
>>
>>92765884
Goblin Nation pretty much erased any doubt that Norman was the better arch.
>>
File: docVSpid.jpg (95KB, 442x600px) Image search: [Google]
docVSpid.jpg
95KB, 442x600px
can we stop acting like retcon goblin is taken seriously by anyone? This two will be fighting for years and no amount of back-pedalling will change how iconic it is.
>>
The Scorpion!

I mean, JJJ sends him after Spider-Man! What better ranking villain is there?
>>
>>92771756
>Venom is the bane of his life. Eddie did most of the damage when injecting himself in Pete's personal life.

What damage?
>>
>>92765479
himself.
>>
It's Green Goblin.

He was the first villain who found out who he was, was the father of one of his best friends, killed his first love (after knocking her up), possibly stole his baby, put Flash in a coma, and also was behind the entire clone saga.

Otto is a good villain and has the victory of Superior, but he still lost in the end, and he's just not as personal as Norman.

Plus, Otto has worked with Spidey a few times. Has Green Goblin EVER worked with Peter?
>>92765884
He was only his "greatest enemy" because Norman was "dead" during that time.
>>
>>92765479
Stormin' Norman
>>
>>92765693
>Osborne's been coasting off of a decades-old victory that barely puts him above the guy who shot Uncle Ben. He hasn't succeeded in doing anything to top it, except towards his own son.

He killed his daughter.
>>
>>92765479
Otto is more fitting thematically, he serves as a better foil.

Norman has been coasting on past achievements.
>>
>>92765784
underrated
>>
>>92765479
SpOck on a Spider-Glider wearing a symbiote
>>
>>92774206
Doc Ock will likely fade into obscurity before goblin. It's Venom and Carnage that are going to be Spidey's go to enemies.
>>
>>92765479
It's a tossup between Osborn and Otto. Otto works better as a mirror to Peter if he took a different path but Slott made it overplayed. Osborn has done way more to mess with Peter's life. Personally, I think Osborn should've stayed dead after the first time he died. Since he came back he's been part of a lot of shitty stories and developments (Clone Saga, Aunt May being an actress, Secret Invasion to Siege, SINS PAST), and none of the Green Goblin vs Spider-Man since have mostly been derivative.
Venom through the 90s seemed more like Peter's edgy rival rather than ultimate enemy.
>>
>>92774523
Pretty sure that that's been bonged out of canon.
>>
>>92775086
I don't count Mephistoverse.
>>
>>92765479
Green Goblin, stop trying to push the Ock meme

Venom is more to Spidey like Doomsday is to Superman or maybe Darkseid
>>
>>92775113
I don't think you should be arguing about who's the best villain if you're just going to cheery pick what you personally count as canon
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.