[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ in /co/ thread What are your favorite examples of "real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: chupacabra dexter's lab.jpg (139KB, 1600x1302px) Image search: [Google]
chupacabra dexter's lab.jpg
139KB, 1600x1302px
/x/ in /co/ thread

What are your favorite examples of "real life" cryptids/paranormal phenomena/unexplained mysteries in comics and cartoons?

And what examples would like to see show up more?
>>
>>92764733

I hated that episode because I was angry they went straight to Mexico to get him instead of going to the place the myth originated.

I'd like it if they made refs of other local fantastic creatures, like the Jackalope gets mentioned from time to time, sure, but there are some other obscure stuff no one touches, I'm guessing due to just not knowing them.

In my country, there are many tales of banshees, they are kinda cool.
>>
>>92764733
Secret Saturdays
Most of them were cryptids that were known in real life
A few of them were made up for plot
>>
File: Tw3.png (89KB, 298x330px) Image search: [Google]
Tw3.png
89KB, 298x330px
>>92764733
>>
Let me just set the record straight and say that the ONLY reason Oklahoma's state cryptid is an octopus is because it starts with an "O". That's it. That's the only reason. Some ASSHOLE was making a list if state cryptids,saw Oklahoma and thought " HURR DURR WAT TO PUT HERE? OH AN O CAUSE OKAHOMA OCTOPUSSY HAHAHAH!" Fuck that I'm mad. It's bad enough here without that shit.
>>
>>92764733
Roswell Conspiracies was really great.
Turns out every myth is real because they're based on aliens that a more sinister MIB works to keep under wraps.
It's very "X-Files as a Saturday morning cartoon," with plot progression, character development, and a big finale.
>>
File: blue-ringed octopus.jpg (142KB, 1080x979px) Image search: [Google]
blue-ringed octopus.jpg
142KB, 1080x979px
>>92765133
>octopussies
>a cryptid
>in a landlocked state
There's not even a land-dwelling octopus they could make up as an excuse? Just, regular fucking octopi?
>>
>>92765274
Yes. It supposedly lives in grand lake,the biggest lake in the state. We have so many native myths and they choose a damn SEA CREATURE.
>>
File: superintendent-chalmers.jpg (12KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
superintendent-chalmers.jpg
12KB, 363x363px
>>92765274
>>92765309

>octopussies
>a cryptid
>in a landlocked state
>localized entirely in grand lake
>>
>>92765457
LOL it starts with an O,get it!
>>
>>92765133
Dude, it's just a made up creature
>>
>>92765597
I just wish it were a little more imaginative than a fucking octopus.
>>
These guys need to show up more.

Other than being the basis of a Pokemon, I honestly can't think of a single time they've been used in media
>>
>>92765192
>every myth, legend and cryptid was actually from the same source the whole time

i can understand the trope but i remember many cartoons doing it and left sort of burned out of the concept. i totally expected to be a foster's mansion episode with bigfoot being revealed to be an imaginary friend
>>
File: flatwoods.jpg (515KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
flatwoods.jpg
515KB, 1024x736px
>>
Anything with lake monsters. Plesiosaur style, preferably.
>>
>>92766659
In what comics or cartoons has it appeared?
>>
>>92767010

Dunno, but Japan is obsessed with it.
>>
>>92767010
None. But it should be. And that's why I posted it
>>
File: GF.png (1MB, 1040x612px) Image search: [Google]
GF.png
1MB, 1040x612px
The Hide Behind was a cool legend to learn about that I'd never heard of before this show.
>>
>>92766659
What's the deal with this thing?

It looks like a female ayylmao chess piece reject, that must smell terrible according to that one kid's reaction.
>>
>>92768838

Its a monster. People saw it like, two times. To this day we still don't know if it was an alien or not.

But its look made it really popular.
>>
>>92767034
Japan is obsessed with some very specific parts of UFO lore that are fairly obscure to westerners, while we are all about Greys and the Roswell incident, they obsess over the Flatwoods incident and the Adamski flying saucer.
>>
File: 5251551.png (191KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
5251551.png
191KB, 500x278px
>>92766659
>>92765960
>>
>>92765025
This I actually looked up some of those this GS and found out they were from other cultures...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.