[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Super Girl and Galatea not as powerful as Superman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

Why are Super Girl and Galatea not as powerful as Superman?

Superman can beat Doomsday time and time again yet these 2 have trouble with run of the mill villains and get their shit pushed in by Brainiac
>>
I mean, Superman can pretty much only fuck Brainiac up single handed because of the power of love and Brainiac's inherent ability to be a little bitch/mysophobic.
>>
>>92762834
same reason you could manhandle your mom when you was 15, genetics.
>>
>>92762974
But aren't they just pretty much solar powered batteries?

I mean superman is almost never fully charged and the other 2 get just as much of a charge as he does
>>
>>92762834
probably because superman has been absorbing yellow sun radiation for 40 years compared to kara's eleven minutes
>>
>>92762834
They are as powerful as Superman. Your logic is flawed because even despite fighting Doomsday all the time, Superman can get his shit pushed in by Brainiac and many others.

>>92762974
We don't know that. We don't know anything about Kryptonian biology.
>>
>Galatea
Fuck off, toonfag.
>>
>>92763057
we know that they have a gland in their head that causes heat beams when conditions are met and that they can survive extremely traumatic brain injury
>>
>>92763057
>They are as powerful as Superman
They're half his size
>>
>>92763284
I don't think muscle mass matters anymore at the point that you're lifting skyscrapers.
>>
>>92763387
If they store the energy in their muscles it does greatly.

Given how they are drawn superman would be numerous time stronger than Super girl and probably 3x stronger than Power Girl
>>
>>92763000
Yes superman is genetically a better battery than them so hes stronger dumb faggot.
>>
>>92763407
>implying Peej doesn't store the energy in her tits
Kara's smaller in both regards, so, y'know, it works out.
>>
>>92763445
But they're never at 100% so on an average day they should all have the same charge
>>
>>92762834
They're girls.
>>
>>92763407
>If they store the energy in their muscles
Which is never stated anywhere in the show or comics.
>>
>>92763789
Yeah, it is. They store energy in their cells.

One has more developed muscle mass, more cells to store energy.

Superman > Powergirl > Supergirl
>>
>>92763626
This.
>>
didn't supes say at one point supergirl is stronger than him because she didn't spent a lifetime restricting her power ?
>>
>>92764273
No
>>
>>92762834
Superman is larger so his body can absorb more yellow sunlight
>>
>>92764287
So why did Lex clone Superman instead of making a 50ft tall Kryptonian from Supes cells?
>>
>>92764310
Thats not how cloning works?
>>
>>92763832
>more developed muscle mass, more cells to store energy.

education should be privatized
>>
>>92764310
Square cube law.
>>
>>92764342
Private schools are already a thing.
>>
>tfw shitty fanfics made me love RavenJinx
>>
>>92763465
That doesn't make sense. His solar cells developed under different circumstances than Kara's. Being raised under a yellow sun makes his more efficient. You're not actually thinking this through.
>>
>>92764400
fuck me
wrong thread
>>
>>92764273
That's a common misconception. What he was saying is that she uses Thunderbolt in situations where he would use Thundershock, but he could still use Thunderbolt if he wanted without any trouble.
>>
>>92763626
I don't know why it took so many posts before someone pointed out the obvious
>>
>>92762834
>Supergirl
Physically she's like 16 whereas Supes is in his 20s-30s
Sometimes solar radiation is only part of the equation (Earth's chemical composition matters)

>Galatea
A three-year old speed-grown clone is less powerful that the people who have been charging up for a decade. 2deep4u?

>Superman can beat Doomsday time and time again
He usually has help though.
>>
I thought New52 Kara was stronger because her pod was orbiting the sun and sucking up more solar energy directly, as opposed to superman who was getting it filtered through the earth's atmosphere. That's why she could use the solar flare power before Clark could and why she wooped him when they first met. Clark wins out though because he's smarter and has more experience and control over his abilities, so he ultimately has an edge over Kara when dealing with baddies
>>
>>92764460

Why would having more solar energy available make him more efficient at processing and storing it?

Athletes train in high altitude environments on the theory that the lower oxygen will make them more efficient.
>>
>>92762834
>>92763000

It's proportional.

As much stronger a man is than a woman that how much stronger kryptonian males are to women.

Like twice.
>>
>>92764582
The solar cells that developed under a red sun would obviously be stunted. It's like how people who are paralyzed lose mass in those limbs. Use it or lose it.
>>
>>92762834
They're skinny girls, Superman is a man. He simply has more muscle mass to amplify with his powers, and more mass means his body retains more sunlight, and has more surface area to absorb sunlight.
>>
>>92764680
>more mass means his body retains more sunlight, and has more surface area to absorb sunlight.
It would be hilarious if this was the reasoning behind Power Girl's boob window. That she took advantage of her giant tits by exposing the tops of them so that they would absorb and hold tons of sunlight for her, making her a better hero.
>>
>>92765265
But they can absorb sunlight through their clothes, that doesn't make sense.

The idea that the boob window needs an explanation is retarded though. It's just for style and it's not that uncommon in fashion. This is like feeling Black Canary's fishnets need an explanation besides her thinking it's cool.
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (4KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
4KB, 256x192px
>>92762834
>Why are Super Girl and Galatea not as powerful as Superman?

Same reason that you're not as powerful as The Rock.
>>
>>92765408
Bitch I am an Island
>>
Superman's been doing this shit since he was a little kid. He's just way more experienced than Kara and Galatea.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 194x259px
>>92764287
Actually, that would make you less efficient.

If his surface area increases (measured in meters squared) his volume increases even more (measured in meters cubed). His cell count would be relatively higher than their's, outpacing his relatively higher surface area.

Because each of his cells requires solar energy (as all of his muscles, organs, nerves... everything is "super" so it all needs energy he gets from the sun) he'd be dividing it up across a larger pool. Overall he might absorb more energy, but each of his cells would be relatively weaker (he'd have lower energy density). His total storage capacity would be higher, but his individual output would be lower if they both had charged for the same amount of time under the sun.

It's like the inverse of surface area cooling. It's hard for a land based animal to be much larger than an elephant (unless they evolved a new way to cool themselves) because the surface area they have can't handle the volume of cells they deal with producing heat.
>>
>>92765336
I said hilarious. Not sensible.
>>
Can the Green beat a kryptonian?
>>
>>92764576
> That's why she could use the solar flare power before Clark could and why she wooped him when they first met.

But...he won that fight...
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.