[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, I am a comic brainlet so i want to ask what is magic-centred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: wew.jpg (110KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
110KB, 1600x900px
hey guys,
I am a comic brainlet so i want to ask what is magic-centred equivalent of Dr Strange in DC?
Zatanna?
I would like to read some comics about mages/magic users in DC universe.
Recommend pls
>>
>>92759488
Dr Fate, I think.
I don't know for sure either, but thats who he was merged with in Amalgam.
He seems more properly mystic than Zatanna's backwards words and less of a "stubborn cunt in over his head" than John.
>>
>>92759488
Dr Fate

but DC does magic better imo. Dr Strange is magic Walmart. DC has much more magic heroes than Marvel.

Dr Fate
Zatanna
Swamp Thing
Constantine
Black Alice
Nightshade
Deadman
Etrigan/Jason Blood
the Specter
Blue Demon
Captain Marvel/SHAZAM
Phantom Stranger
>>
>>92759488
Read The Books of Magic and Shadow Pact.
>>
>>92759488
Is that Constantine? (sorry Im not a strong comic guy), also from where that is?
>>
>>92759633
Justice League Dark animated movie

kinda bleh but better than most ofwhat other DC animated movies they've cranked out recently
>>
>>92759633
ye that's Constantine,
Here you go anon.
>http://123moviesfree.com/watch/justice-league-dark-2017-i.2-online-free-123movies.html
>>
>Primal Force
>Night Force
>Sentinels of Magic
>Shadowpact
>Justice League Dark
For a Magic Superhero Team book DC really needs to PICK A NAME AND STICK WITH IT! FUCKING CHRIST! No synergy. And I'm probably forgetting at least one name.

>>92759604
Walmart? Are you fucking kidding me? Strange stories actually deal with the world of magic. Fate just fights criminal Germans and Japanese in most of his stories.
>>
>>92759561
>I don't know for sure either, but thats who he was merged with in Amalgam.
Incorrect. The cover and the title imply this but the reveal on the last page shows he's merged with Xavier.
>>
>>92759666
K thanks mate, the last DC animated movie that I saw was the Killing Joke and the read the somewhat shitstorm that stirred up, agreed that version of the Joker was one of the worst ones
>>
>>92759666
satan is that you?
>>
>>92759823
no... maybe
>>
bamp
>>
File: non-binary.jpg (1MB, 1742x1002px) Image search: [Google]
non-binary.jpg
1MB, 1742x1002px
>>92759604
>mfw DC has all these great magic characters and they're barely using them
>mfw when they do use them we get this
>>
>>92760309
Jesus Christ
>>
File: DrFate.jpg (82KB, 334x512px) Image search: [Google]
DrFate.jpg
82KB, 334x512px
For about two years they changed Dr. Fate around and made him awesome, then DC decided to bring back that asshole Kent Nelson again.
>>
>>92760309
>implying that little panel is enough to ruin a comic
Now, the fact that the non binary and the chubby girl are perfect little snowflakes that can do no wrong, the villain in the story is the only straight white guy to appear and the fact that DEADMAN IS A SUPPORTING CHARACTER IN HIS OWN FUCKING COMIC surely do ruin the comic.
And of course in this era of complete mediocrity that Geoffrey Johns has spawned we don't get any niche titles with their amazing magic characters. Just meat and potatoes.
>>
>>92760371
People seem to like the meat and potatoes though. /co/ goes absolutely nuts over the most ordinary stuff, as long as it says "REBIRTH' on the cover.
>>
>>92759722
The Trenchcoat Brigade of GTFO
>>
File: insert rod.jpg (233KB, 960x545px) Image search: [Google]
insert rod.jpg
233KB, 960x545px
>>92760309
Zatanna is getting a good push these days
>>
>>92759722
>Primal Force

They were called the Leymen, you imbecile
>>
>>92761035
If she's not in a magicians outfit, it's not Zatanna
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.