[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>show went to shit when it started going back to its roots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

>show went to shit when it started going back to its roots

face it, the original series was terrible.
>>
>show went to shit when it started having to juggle a romance plot, finding Jacks sword, Aku, the robot getting to Aku, etc.

Last season just tried to do too much with too little.
>>
>>92758747

Yep, needed about twice as many episodes than we got.

The first three episodes were still some of the finest animated television you will ever see though.
>>
>>92758704
As someone who watched the show for the first time this year, as a whole it's very mediocre. It was worth watching once, but I have no desire to go back to it ever again.
>>
2 seasons would be sufficient to finish the story without rushing it and leaving many uncompleted subplots. I don't understand why did he reanimate SJ after 13 years and in such a hurry.
>>
>>92758704
Stop spamming these fucking threads. You talk about this show more than those who like it.
>>
>>92758747
>Last season just tried to do too much with too little.

This.
>>
>>92758704
yes, but be glad we got a conclusion at all, especially after all this time.
>>
File: IMG_1569.png (273KB, 561x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1569.png
273KB, 561x401px
>>92758978
>be happy with what you got!
Half of /co/ wrote a better season by speculation alone, let alone retroactively after the finale.
I wasnt even a real fan of the show yet the season was still disappointing, especially when Genndy bothered to only use the [as] big boy allowances for only 3 episodes before springing back to the same old boring shit.
I really want to know who did the first three episodes. Sure as fuck couldnt have been genndy.
>>
>>92759073
And after 13 years of nothing and a cancelation you think you are owed more.
No offense but it's something not might number 9 better than nothing but a conclusion with tight budget and only 10 episodes something. Frankly he could have done better, but did I have expectations for better on a kids cartoon show? no, I live in reality and the slightest effort after 13 years truly is better than nothing.
>>
>>92758704
The original series wasn't terrible. It just wasn't suited for the sort of storytelling the fifth season tried to do. SamJack has always been about the journey, not the destination, and each episode was a standalone affair that wanted to do its own thing, whether it was show a slave caste uprising or light and dark ninjas fighting as the sun sets or an android be sent on a hopeless mission against the title character.

Season 5 tried to do a continuous story across 10 episodes, and--while it started strong--it failed about the time it began to return to the tone and style of the original series. I imagine the original series, if it had a proper ending, would have ended like the series did, with a one or two episode bit where Jack just fights Aku, all the people he helped show up for cameos, and then he goes back to the past and kills Aku, and it would've been fine because the series wasn't designed to be heavily serialized. Season 5 tried to put nine episodes of build-up behind it it both didn't need and wasn't good at, and attempted to maintain a sense of gravity while it was bleeding off the pathos it established in the first few episodes and refusing to address the sort of complexity those episodes were begging people to look at.
>>
>>92758704
>started going back to its roots
I hate to say this, and I did like the last season, but, they turned Aku into a very goofy character, when the first season or two he was pretty menacing and serious.
>>
File: Fashion Ikra.jpg (260KB, 700x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Fashion Ikra.jpg
260KB, 700x1103px
>>92759240
I mean, one of his earliest schemes was a convoluted ploy to destroy a time portal and break Jack's heart by pretending to be a woman.
>>
File: angrybugs.png (235KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
angrybugs.png
235KB, 500x458px
>>92758704
It didn't go back to its roots because Ashi was there you fucking dunce
>>
>>92759240

Aku was always pretty goofy. The second episode has him eating a fucking Sub on tv
>>
>>92759286
There were moments of seriousness I mean, and more often than not he was, I dunno, menacing? At least trying to be evil.

Season 5 he really seemed to lose a lot of that gravity and even when he's fighting the armies, he gets serious a couple moments and that's it.

It just felt like they took him in a more comedic direction rather than earlier seasons where he's actually not a very "happy" or "nice" guy in any particular context. He's evil through and through.
>>
File: 1476165346954.jpg (55KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1476165346954.jpg
55KB, 416x416px
>>92759280

>yfw Ashi appeared in more episodes of the entire series than the Scotsman
>>
>>92758704
>Show went to shit when they added a girl
Really makes you think
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.