[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>COMING SOON TO OWN ON VIDEO AND DVD https://www.youtube.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

File: soon to own.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
soon to own.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>COMING SOON TO OWN ON VIDEO AND DVD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBHhzfcLlRk
>>
That honestly sounds like a good title for a vaporwave album
>>
File: 123168489461.png (152KB, 354x364px) Image search: [Google]
123168489461.png
152KB, 354x364px
>>92741825
Do they still do this shit?
>>
>>92741904
Considering fucking no one uses DVD's anymore I doubt it, the last time I saw that screen a decade ago
>>
>>92741825
I remember this being on a VHS of Fantasia I used to watch all the time.
>>
File: blown away.jpg (226KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
blown away.jpg
226KB, 600x900px
>>92741825
>mfw getting ready for some comfy dino kino with my dino nuggies
>volume on 32 on mummies huge zenimax
>COMING SOON TO OWN ON VIDEO AND DVVVDDDHGHGHGHGHGHGHG
>>
>>92741825
AND NOW OUR FEATURE PRESENTATION
>>
File: 1494111245900.jpg (160KB, 600x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1494111245900.jpg
160KB, 600x1467px
>yfw disney vhs tapes are going for thousands of dollars on ebay
>>
>>92741825
THIS DVD IS ENHANCED WITH DISNYS FAST PLAY
>>
File: AUUUGH.png (393KB, 549x505px) Image search: [Google]
AUUUGH.png
393KB, 549x505px
>>92742048
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""fast play"""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>hours of unskippable disney commericals
>>
>>92742048
>THIS DVD IS ENHANCED WITH DISNEY'S GET YOUR KIDS TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WATCH TV WHILE YOU SLOWLY CONTEMPLATE SUICIDE POSTING ON 2005 /b/ PLAY
>>
The run of previews for other didney movies before the main were comfy as all fuck
>>
>>92741956
They do it for blu-rays too.
>>
>>92742034
> Disney puts their most popular franchises into the "Disney Vault" to drive up rarity and to be secure in the knowledge that when they re-release it sales will be concurrent with a newly released film
> Because of this scalper prices are out of control with scalpers claiming $400 for discs
Couple that with
> Disney does shit transfer on anything they think won't sell millions day 1
> Small complaints to medium complaints about Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Mulan etc...
> No complaints when they just slap a film reel onto a Blu-ray like Rescuers Down Under
> Some transfers like Robin Hood or Sword in the Stone should be held accountable for at least the lower tier of war crimes

Mate VHS is making a come back as a collector's platform because of this garbage. This surprised no one more than the Laserdisc people who are suddenly caught in this surge of new friendship.
>>
>>92742011
>this all happened last week
>>
>>92742532
>using optical media in 2017
>>
>>92744264
>renting your movies
>>
HI WE'RE THE SPICE GIRLS, AND WELCOME TO OUR SPICE ADVENTURE!
>>
>>92744894
Renting? Are you a time traveller?
>>
>>92743412
>Mate VHS is making a come back
Nice. I still remember the whirring sound they made when you rewound the thing, as well as the innate fear of it fucking up and being unspoiled out of the VHS tape.
>>
>>92742034
Some anons put me on the possibility someone's probably shipping cocaine in cassette cases.
The numbers add up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSEJ2Pfuyqk

I can never forget this one from the old Nickelodeon VHS tapes
>>
File: djpe.png (29KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
djpe.png
29KB, 354x286px
>>92741825
>the old Walt Disney Pictures opening logo that you would get on VHS tapes
>>
That sounded like Metal Machine Music
>>
File: 10.gif (2MB, 352x199px) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
2MB, 352x199px
>>92745534
Was about to post this.
>>
This is now a thread for comfy VHS bumpers/ads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdPTgaTFLs
>>
File: 6545678.png (142KB, 255x278px) Image search: [Google]
6545678.png
142KB, 255x278px
>>92745534
Pure nostalgia.
>>
>>92745496
Shit.i had that fear to as a little kids. When you put it in that rewind thing and it would go at like a 100 mph, the thought of the tape just snapping would put me on edge. It never happened but still made he hesitant to use it.
>>
>>92748244
same here mate
>>
>>92745534
never saw this one but I think there was a shorter one on my rugrats movie tape that used the same song
>>
File: 1437434341168.png (127KB, 257x250px) Image search: [Google]
1437434341168.png
127KB, 257x250px
saving comfy thread
>>
File: Balus.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Balus.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
>>92741825
This is really comfy and nostalgic.
I love this thread.
>>
>>92742034
Check sold auctions and you'll see nobody's buying them at that price. It's dumb people who watch dumb shows about people finding old shit in warehouses and they misinform and trick ordinary viewers into thinking their worthless crap is super valuable.
>>
>>92748244
>have boring old ordinary VCR
>takes forever to rewind
>get one that rewinds in like 30 seconds
>but it sounds like a fucking jet engine and you're terrified that if anything ever went wrong the tape would shatter or blow up or someting
>>
>>92741825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnWS9EpD54U
>AWWWWWW KIDS' WB YOURSELF
>>
>>92741825
I loved this.
I had it on a DVD of Finding Nemo and some other Disney/Miramax/Touchstone DVDs.

I think the last Disney DVD I had which used it was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I loved that movie in my teenage years but I am not sure if the classic filmreel bumpers appeared in any movies later than that.
And speaking of H2G2, it was also the movie which finally convinced me to upgrade to Blu-ray, I upgraded over 10 years ago.
I bought it not only because I loved the movie and because of the top-notch visual effects, but also because seeing Zooey Deschannel's fine skin and pretty face in 1080p HD was well worth the upgrade to Blu-ray, and she was really hot in this movie.

I loved seeing this on almost every Studio Ghibli DVD I had.
I always saw this when I watch Hero (the movie with Jet Li), one of my favorite movies as a teenager.

I always loved these, I wish they didn't drop them.
I wish they kept using them, only improving the visuals for widescreen and adding in Blu-ray and Digital HD for the openings.

>>92742048
I hated this Disney's FastPlay meme which they kept forcing in their later DVDs.
I wish they just had those old Coming Soon to Theaters bumpers since they allow you to press the Menu button to skip to the main menu.
Good thing Pixar DVDs (for some weird reason), Studio Ghibli DVDs (again, for some weird reason), Touchstone DVDs, Marvel DVDs and Miramax DVDs didn't have this Disney's FastPlay thing.

And seeing those Coming Soon to Theaters-type bumpers before the trailers was a really comfy feeling.
>>
File: rupan.gif (558KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
rupan.gif
558KB, 500x375px
>>92744264
>using digital services for movies
>compressed as fuck video quality
>not going for physical media instead while digital exclusives go digital
>not being an idort in terms of physical media and digital media
>>
Nostalgic VHS/DVD stuff thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ykpKN805hA
>>
>>92754048
As a 4 year old hearing this meant Ninja Turtles was on.
>>
>>92753979
I really don't get people who actually root for physical to die.

That's the primary source pirates go to for the free shit you want. If physical goes away and everything is streaming, quality and reliability for pirated content goes down.
>>
>tfw dad will never take you into a blockbuster on a Friday afternoon after school to pick up 2-3 movies and a game ever again
>>
>>92754048

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Dz_FngKCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG3QRWkf2bQ
>>
>>92754440
I derive far more satisfaction from a steadily growing physical library than a digital one. I've probably spent over $20k over the years on games, blu ray, DVDs, books, and vinyl because I get a large amount of pleasure from that collection growing. It gives me a way to decorate my home in a sense with my personal taste in a more cohesive way than just decoration. The convenience of a portable HDD for vidya or movies doesn't even remotely come close to the niceness of a physical collection.
>>
File: Paramount_Home_Video_(1993).png (169KB, 388x291px) Image search: [Google]
Paramount_Home_Video_(1993).png
169KB, 388x291px
>PARAMOUNT HOME VIDEO INTRODUCES "PARAMOUNT FAMILY FAVORITES", A COLLECTION OF MEMORABLE FEATURE FILMS PERFECT FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY
>*Happy Days intensifies*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSOHNwVnOc0
>>
>>92754501
>not going to civic video on a Wednesday when weekly rentals are 50c each, getting ten, and getting seafood pizza from the dominoes in the adjacent lot
>>
>>92754583
>I derive far more satisfaction from a steadily growing physical library

Anon, you're still accumulating a digital library, just one locked within a plastic container dependent on aging proprietary hardware.

An MKV is identical to your DVD copy if you want it to be, but it won't crack or scratch or stop working when your DVD player dies. You can play and share it infinitely, and even put it on external or cloud storage to protect it.

Your books are the only semi-future-proof media you have, assuming you store them properly - the only way you'll lose access to them if you forget the language they're written in. Everything else is dependent on precarious hardware.
>>
>>92745575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAlkPHb5mLo
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.