[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a recommended reading list for Doctor Fate? I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1041530-docfate[1].jpg (828KB, 1280x1973px) Image search: [Google]
1041530-docfate[1].jpg
828KB, 1280x1973px
Is there a recommended reading list for Doctor Fate? I mean, are there any good Doctor Fate stories? Like at all?
>>
File: Doctor_Fate_Kent_V_Nelson_0010.jpg (251KB, 768x942px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Fate_Kent_V_Nelson_0010.jpg
251KB, 768x942px
>>92740087
Read the Countdown to Mystery compilation book. Best Fate book I've read and the current ongoing is just a Egyptian Med school teen with a blue hoodie and the Helmet of Fate.
>>
>>92740163
I heard that Kent Nelson is back in the DCU with the new series though
>>
>>92740087
Depends on which one, really. Almost anyone who wears the helmet can become Fate.
pasting an old comment from a Fate storytimer:

>JMD Fate is very metaphysical and trippy: as anon said, there's a mini and then an ongoing, with Giffen on the mini and then McManus' wonderfully grotesque art. This is Eric and Linda.
>The JMD ongoing doesn't renumber but is taken over by Messner-Loebs, and stars Inza Nelson as Dr. Fate, and Kent along for the ride. It goes less spiritual and more into an interesting blend of slice-of-life and street level, while still treating the mystic side of things.
>Then Zero Hour happens, and you get the surface-edge reboot of FATE, with Jared. Counter-intuitive, but give it a few issues and you realize he's a huge dork and it has its charms despite looking to be peak 90s.
>The Johns JSA run then brings back a more classic Doctor Fate in Hector Hall, as part of the ensemble.
Hope that helps.
>>
he often isn't star of show.

That said just avoid the most recent NU52 version, and hope we get a rebirth series with kent soon
>>
>>92740224
He is, but from what I've read of the new ongoing series is that Kent is just background mentor noise who only shows up when the new kid needs advice through the Helmet of Fate.

The new series wouldn't actually bother me that much if he JUST WORE THE FULL FUCKING COSTUME. I swear, 12 issues in and he still just wears the same goddamned blue hoodie and pants
>>
>>92740309
Seems weird. If Marvel can make Dr. Strange work, DC can find something cool to do with Fate
>>
>>92740087
The DeMatteis mini
The DeMatteis/Messner-Loebs run
Fate and The Book of Fate are a bit edgy, but surprisingly well written
>>
>>92740309
new 52 is not bad just very slow
>>
>>92741020
I would add the 80s miniseries by Pasko and Simonson and the late 90s/early 2000s JSA series by Robinson/Johns/Goyer, where Fate plays a very important role
>>
>>92740309
the levitz and liew book was very good what are you talking about
>>
>>92742439
>the 80s miniseries by Pasko and Simonson
Didn't know this one. Thanks for the info.
>the late 90s/early 2000s JSA series by Robinson/Johns/Goyer, where Fate plays a very important role
Oops, and forgot this one.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.