[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you still make it in the animation industry even if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 12 oz mouse.jpg (41KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
12 oz mouse.jpg
41KB, 267x200px
Can you still make it in the animation industry even if your drawing is shit?
>>
Sure. Just look at Rebecca Sugar.
>>
>>92718339
>>
>>92718311
You can. But you have to make a very specific type of product. 1
2 oz. Mouse used the shitty art style and the primitive plot of the first episodes to surprise you with how dark it would become as it progressed. Plus, the final episode was drawn in a decent way.
I'm pretty sure that whatever you want to make, you want it to look good to begin with, so this option is not for you.
>>
Life and Times of Tim existed and that got 3 seasons on HBO
>>
It's all about
>connections
>>
>>92718809
Well what do you do if you don't have connections?
>>
>>92718311

Depends on what type of show you're trying to make

but even then there's a possibility, just look at South Park
>>
>>92718892
you go to calarts and make them
>>
>>92718892
Make mediocre animations on Youtube. From there you can either
>Stop animating, and live off of your brain dead fans support forever
or
>Continue making cartoons, but at a lethargic slug's pace, posting at the very best once per year
>>
>>92719068
That was my thought as well. I'm considering an online animation certificate program in the future.

At this rate, the best I can hope for right now is for some internet animator to start asking for script submissions. At the very least I can try to fall back on my writing skills.
>>
>>92718892
Start up a studio with only yourself as an employee
Make youtube animations
Eventually actually hire people
Get Netflix show
Profit
>>
>>92718311
depends how drunk you are
>>
>>92718892
Collaborations, start off working for millennial shit like buzzfeed or vice, pitch ideas you can schedule shit if you have a rough pilot to Time Warner or even Netflix

The Hardest part is Motivation and willing to risk Time and Money on a Gamble
>>
>>92719484
Not drunk enough
>>
>>92718311
One Punch Man is pretty successfull yet his inventor can't draw for shit. You just need the right idea and a bit of luck.
>>
>>92719849
>and a bit of luck.
Yeah, you see, that's where most people fail.
>>
>>92718311
Yes, but you have to be able to tell a really good story or really good jokes.
>>
>>92718311
You can literally get away with stick figures if your writing, charisma, and humor is strong enough for whatever the network is looking for (adult/kids comedies).

The only time you ever need to draw is when you're doing a pitch bible. After you get bought out and picked up, you hire people to do the drawing and all you ever have to so then is direct and sometimes write.

Roiland can't draw for shit, he got a show. Seth MacFarlane is a crappy artist, got a show. Same thing for Matt Groening, Christy Hui, Brendon Small, Matt Stone and Trey Parker. The creators of Kim Possible were writers, not artists. The creators of Phineas and Ferb could barely draw past a high school level. Hell, back when Tim Burton was working at Disney before Nightmare Before Christmas, all the other artists wondered what the hell that guy was doing there because he wasn't nearly as skilled as the other artists. But some higher up really liked the way he told stories and his ideas, so that's how he got noticed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.