[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with all the hype over the new game coming out, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: seems legit.jpg (252KB, 1022x502px) Image search: [Google]
seems legit.jpg
252KB, 1022x502px
So with all the hype over the new game coming out, I've finally gotten around to reading the Injustice comics. Up to the Lantern War part so far.

Is Superman supposed to be a bad guy? Because I'm having a hard time seeing the problem here. He declares a world-wide cease fire and end to all wars. This saves countless innocent lives.

To balance against all those saved lives, what exactly are we losing that's so important? The illusion of freedom? Because we never had freedom to begin with. We're always restricted by laws and rulers. The ruler just changed, and he's one with very good intentions compared to most rulers.

Really this seems like the most morally correct thing a person can do if they had Superman's power. Most people would probably use his power for selfish reasons, to get rich or settle personal vendettas, but Clark just wants to protect everyone.

Most of the casualties in this comic so far seem to stem from Batman's rebellion, and Superman just winds up killing people who are attacking him first. And if you're going to attack someone it's hard to sympathize with you when they end up defending themselves.
>>
The comic was trying to show how Superman went from a nice guy trying to do some good to a evil despot. That's why initially he doesn't do many bad things outside of some shit that he refuses to admit which are the small cracks to show how things will get bad lately.
>>
>>92718264
>>
>>92718264
Some of his reactions are harder to justify than others. I think him killing Green Arrow was supposed to be the turning point in terms of "he seems to be doing good so far."
>>
It was originally intended to display Clark descending down the slope into being evil. Unfortunately they got the pacing wrong and at rthe start of year 5 he suddenly just goes batshit insane in his reasoning.
>>
>>92718264
>To balance against all those saved lives, what exactly are we losing that's so important? The illusion of freedom? Because we never had freedom to begin with. We're always restricted by laws and rulers. The ruler just changed, and he's one with very good intentions compared to most rulers.

That's an interesting way to defend a fascist rule.
>>
>>92718264
Found the libshit.
>>
Because you're not at the part where shit goes south yet.
>>
>>92718542
He's one of yours, don't blame that on us.
>>
File: Momotaros Reading.gif (405KB, 180x160px) Image search: [Google]
Momotaros Reading.gif
405KB, 180x160px
>>92718264
That's the thing, everything eventually snowballs out of control to the point where you can't reasonably defend him any more
If you finish all 5 years and still think he's not the bad guy, you might need to think about your world view a little more
>>
>>92718499
meme words aside, what exactly about life under Superman's rule is so horrible for the average person?
>>
Well at the start it seemed like he wasn't doing anything that bad. The Goverment and Batman going full retard ruined everything.
>>
File: Multiple Deployments.jpg (91KB, 1616x239px) Image search: [Google]
Multiple Deployments.jpg
91KB, 1616x239px
>>92718906
What's so bad about living in China or Russia, I suppose. It's the same ol' argument of "what if Rapture didn't go to shit" or whatever imaginary scenario we can come up with
>>
File: greenlexluthor.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
greenlexluthor.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>being ruled by an alien
>>
>Superman is Cyclops and Batman is Cap
>>
>Is ending all war a bad thing
No.
>Is killing people who disagree with you a bad thing
Yes.

Superfags are so superdumb
>>
>>92718264
>defending a dictatorship
jesus christ

>>92720189
Cyclops didn't want to rule the world though, he just wanted mutants to stop getting shit on
>>
>>92718906
Choice elmenation.

Superman isn't robot (invincible) who systematically takes over the world and then makes subtle changes for the better. All supes did was become the biggest stick on the block and smash anyone that disagreed with him.

The fundamental problems were still there. His jackboots were every bit as susceptable to corruption as police were before, only now there was no one to complain to.

On the other hand he did solve world hunger and war so I guess what you think of him will depend on what you value.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.