[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Selina let me help you!" >"Harvey let

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

>"Selina let me help you!"
>"Harvey let me help you!"
>"Victor let me help you!"
>"Pamela let me help you!"
>"Talia let me help you!"
>"Jason let me help you!"
>"Joker...."

Why doesn't Batman care about rehabilitating the Joker?
>>
>>92706301
Have you not read The Killing Joke?
>>
because he's tried and it's failed so badly
>>
Depending on the writer, Batman believes the Joker isn't really crazy and is just a mastermind who has everyone else fooled.

He's completely in control of his actions and knows what he's doing, and still has no remorse whatsoever for his crimes. He's the ultimate edgelord, everything he does is just to get a reaction out of people. It's all a big show.

Therefore there's nothing to rehabilitate.
>>
>>92706846
God I fucking hate edgelord Joker. I miss him being dapper and doing joke based crimes rather than elaborate joke based murders.
>>
>>92706301
>Joker, I...
>>
>>92706909
But he was originally a murderer.

He was "dapper" for less than 20 years.
>>
>>92706922
Doesn't mean that's not a better interpretation. Writers who have no restraint and just want some violence fetish so they stroll out the Joker and have everyone so scared of him because he's CRAAAAZZYYYYYY is just lazy at this point.
>>
>>92706301
Why doesn't Batman ever just fucking kill Joker? All Bats is doing is enabling him, giving Joker greater and greater reasons and ideas for all his murderous rampages designed to bring a smile to his face by stopping and locking him in a psyche ward over and over again. Why doesn't he just say "Oops, it slipped" and let his exploding Batarang embed itself into Jokers' forehead, and KEEP letting his totally-not sex toys kill off Joker until he finally runs out of Jokers?

Or was the multi-Joker thing retconned?
>>
>>92706972
I always thought dixon did a great middle ground joker. He did edgy over the top murder stuff but he also would paint the getaway chopper purple and dump the hiest money into the projects.
Why can't we have our cake and eat it too?
>>
File: .....jpg (73KB, 510x430px) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
73KB, 510x430px
>>92706301
Nigger, come on. What is The Killing Joke?
>>
File: 1323416696535.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1323416696535.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>92706301
>Dick, get out I don't care about you!...please dick come back...You're back? No, I didn't miss you! I'm Batman!...dick, i'm sorry. Dick watch over my Robins, and my son. Family photo time! OK everyone, but alfred, get out of my cave! Don't you understand?! I don't need anyone! My parents are dead!
Bruce, get help.
>>
>>92707053
In-universe there is absolutely no reason not to think "this time the Joker won't get out".

He's in a prison cell designed by both Batman and fucking Mr. Miracle.

He gets out purely through the power of plot. That's it. Reasonably he would not get out.

You could put him in a sealed chamber at the center of the sun and he would get out.

Just the same he could kill Joker and he would STILL come back. In fact I'm pretty sure that happened one time.
>>
>>92707101
I'm not even against the murder. I'm just tired of the borderline slasher villain he's turned into in a lot of stories where he's just knife, gasoline, horror, boo! Especially when it leaks into other things and other heroes are like " We need Batman for this"
>>
>>92706909
After Alan Moore "crazy" became Joker's "thing" and it was all downhill from there as shitty writers just started using that as a crutch to just have a contest with one another as to who can drag Joker through the mud the deepest in doing the edgiest thing to prove they're the "coolest" Joker writer.

There's nothing creative or interesting about a character wearing a skin mask going around killing people, that's just Texas Chainsaw Massacre. They finally degenerated Joker into just being a slasher villain. Before that Morrison has him talking like Hannibal Lector while cutting his tongue in half with a straight razor. And because of Ledger's Joker now apparently Joker loves knives, he's all about knives. Why? There's nothing comedic about that, again that's just slasher villain territory.

Best point made in older Simpsons was that a clown getting hit in the face with a pie isn't funny, it's funny when a clown hits someone with poise and class in the face with a pie and then that person gets angry. It's why comedy routines exist as funny guy and straight man to play off of. Joker should be the funny man to Batman's straight man, but then when Batman foils him the roles reverse, and Joker is the classy gentleman with pie on his face while Batman gets the last laugh. Instead Joker's lost off in this realm of being a guy who likes to stab people and wear straight jackets.
>>
>>92707053
THE JOKER HAS PLOT ARMOR THAT IS LITERALLY THE ONLY REASON BATMAN LET ALONE GORDON DOESN'T KILL HIM

It's not a good excuse but it's the only one except it and move on
>>92707101
yeah, best joker makes the murder funny or at least you can see why he'd find it funny. like Joker kills a guy with a hammer ok why? joker kills a hardware store owner with his hammer and grabs the register that's some classic shlock like 80's horror stuff. also they don't need to show it, less is more sometimes
>>
>>92707053
Whoever kills the Joker must become the Joker.
>>
>>92706301
>"Harleen let me- oh... are you sure your fine?"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.