[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... Are Sony's Spidey Spinoffs in the Same Universe as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1uDBtwBT3_Vwx8fK0ur1tYg.jpg (77KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1uDBtwBT3_Vwx8fK0ur1tYg.jpg
77KB, 1024x576px
I mean, are they going to do a Black Cat and Silver Sable movie in a world where Spider-Man doesn't exist? Why? Sounds like some Hale Berry Catwoman shit.

And Venom without Spider-Man? His entire thing is being a foil to Spider-Man. I mean, you can do a movie that focuses on him and maybe doesn't even have Spider-Man in it, but you have to set up the context of his relationship to Spider-Man for that to make any sense.

I'm not understanding what legal obstacles there are to putting them in the same universe... isn't the deal that Sony lets Marvel use Spider-Man in their movies, and Marvel co-produces the Sony Spider-Man solo films, but when it comes to the solo films, Sony is still the one that profits off of them? And Marvel is still the one that profits off of Avengers or Civil War or whatever other films they make with him?

Since Sony can presumably use Spider-Man just as freely as Marvel can, why couldn't they just stick him in their spin-off films? I mean, sure, they wouldn't be able to have other MCU characters in them like Iron Man or whatever, but why would you need them? They can just imply that they take place in the MCU without ever having to put in any properties they don't have the rights to, can't they?

Somebody explain the situation to me.
>>
>>92705558
bumping for interest
>>
Sony said that Spider-Man will be out of the MCU after 3 movies.
They seriously think they can fuck with the mouse
>>
>>92705688
I assumed they were bluffing and seeing if they could get a better deal out of Marvel, but I didn't really look into it that closely.
>>
>>92705558
Can you not fucking read you absolute retard?
>>
>>92705558
Oh boy, this shit is going to start the tangled comic continuity bullshit

Normies already think Hugh Jackman is running around with the Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>92705558
No, Venom and Black & Silver will be in there own universe.
They didn't say Spider-man wouldn't exist in this universe more so that he might not be showing up but referenced.
Basically expect this universe to have some established history where these character have already had interactions with the Spider or maybe even that he's dead
>>
>>92706113
>Normies already think Hugh Jackman is running around with the Guardians of the Galaxy
Literally not a thing
Now Deadpool on the other hand, I have heard normies thinking he is with in the MCU
>>
>>92706221
I've had a normie ask me "when is Batman going to be in the Avengers?" (this was before DCEU and during the Nolan stuff, so I don't know if anybody would still make that mistake today).

Normies don't pore over these films like we do. They don't follow every news tidbit about upcoming cape films and make threads about them online years before they are released. They just go "oh, another superhero movie, this one looks cool." They go, they enjoy their movie (or maybe they don't, it depends), they talk about it to friends who saw it the next day, and they forget about it.

And then there's us, debating about whether "Man of Steel" was any good in 2017.
>>
>>92706398
It wasn't good tho.
>>
>>92706806
I agree, but everybody but us came to that conclusion five years ago and never thought about the movie again.
>>
If Sony wants to build a franchise of spin-offs, why not just do Spider-Verse?

>Make movie where Spider-Man teams up with Spider-Men of different universes
>Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Girl, Spider-Ham, etc
>After meeting Earth-199999 Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and Ultimate Spider-Man (Morales) get spin-offs that take place in their own respective universes

There. They've got their female-centric film that focuses on a character with wide appeal (normies would love her like they love Harley Quinn now), they've got a black Spider-Man for Donald Glover to play, and there is a valid reason for these not taking place in the Homecoming universe (because they are alternate-universe stories).
>>
>>92705688
You wanna know the funny thing about that? They can. They have a trump card against them.
>>
>>92707254
>why not just do Spider-Verse?

Because the spider verse is dog shit and only normies like it.

>Spider-Gwen and Ultimate Spider-Man (Morales)

Not helping your case.

Black Cat and Silver Sable movies are fine, but you /have/ to have it connected to Spider-Man in some way.

Prowler movie could be fun too. Frog-Man deserves some time in the limelight.
>>
>>92707355
>Because the spider verse is dog shit and only normies like it.

And they are their main audience.

Plus, it's not like it has to follow Slott's story. Just the premise of "different Spider-Men have to team up." Even a video game did that before Slott did.

Oh yeah, it's gotta have SP//dr, too.
>>
>>92707452
>Oh yeah, it's gotta have SP//dr, too.

All one story of her? You're over selling how much story potential the other spiders have. Scarlet Spider, 2099, Mayday, and (sadly) Miles are the only other spiders viable for a spin off. The in continuity spin off characters from Spider-Man, like Punisher or Morbius, have /far/ more stories to work off of. And in the case of Spider-Gwen and Miles they are /far/ more interesting characters.
>>
>>92707542
I mean, I wouldn't give SP//dr their own movie. I just mean put them in the Spider-Verse movie. They would be "that mecha Spider-Man" and would be a nod to that weird Japanese Spider-Man show

But yeah, sure, maybe they could do Spider-Girl instead of Spider-Gwen for the solo movie, and just have Spider-Gwen another character in Spider-Verse. 2099 is also good for a movie.

Morbius would be cool, too. Especially because his character making sense doesn't seem to rely on his relationship to Spider-Man as much as Venom's does.
>>
>>92705688
They never said that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.