[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is Glob Herman? Where is Magik? reee Also X-Men Gold/Blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16

File: RCO004_1493820118.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO004_1493820118.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Where is Glob Herman? Where is Magik? reee
Also X-Men Gold/Blue thread. Are you guys enjoying the books?
>>
shameless bump
>>
BUMP
is Guggie fucking everything up as usual?
>>
>>92698588
No. The book is not great but at least it feels like X-Men.
>>
>>92697682
>reading modern X-Men
>still letting it get to you
You're got nobody to blame but yourself.

Also, Glob Herman is terrible and Magik hasn't been good since Zeb Wells was around.
>>
>>92697682
Nobody wants to write Magik. She was Lemire's waifu which is why she did so much in the last run. She is mostly just a bus and forgets how to do anything but swing a sword.
she did just pop up secret warriors
>>
Glob Herman is in Generation X
>>
>>92697682
Give me the other New X-Men Kids and stop using the two worst generations Guggie you fucking pussy
>>
>>92697682
I'm more interested in where Sage and Pixie are.
I am actually enjoying X-Men Blue and Gold for the most part.(Blue more than Gold though.)

I'm also enjoying Weapon X and Jean Grey

I'm easily entertained.
>>
>>92697682

yes, but I like Blue and Weapon X more. Gold is my least favorite one so far.
I thought Kitty Pryde was written better in Generation X than Gold.

Also, Jean Grey has been good so far.
Gold is the only one I am kind of indifferent too, and I like Blue ins spite of the 05, not because of them. Bunn has been good with the X Men since his Magneto run.

I wish we had Emma as an XMen again but I cant see a way to rehabilitate her after she killed innocent people with Sentinels in the last issue of IvX (completely ruined all her character development since the first Generation X in the 90s) and she wouldnt even have done that in the 80s as a villain.
>>
>>92697682
Magik had an appearance in Jean Grey #2 this week.
>>
>>92699810
>I wish we had Emma as an XMen again but I cant see a way to rehabilitate her after she killed innocent people with Sentinels in the last issue of IvX (completely ruined all her character development since the first Generation X in the 90s) and she wouldnt even have done that in the 80s as a villain.
I have a feeling Emma will be the next big X-Death.
>>
>>92699708
I think a comicbook only have to make you want to read the next issue. The problem with being "easily entertained" is that you will end up reading everything that is been put out, and nobody has time for that.

>>92699810
The Generation X book look awful, dont know about story though.
And about Emma: was a fuck up. I really like her too, way way more than Jean.

And the triplets also disappeared.
>>
>>92699999
>I think a comicbook only have to make you want to read the next issue. The problem with being "easily entertained" is that you will end up reading everything that is been put out, and nobody has time for that.
I kinda have read everything related to X-Men at this point, except for Cable and Deadpool related stuff, or any of Wolverine's solo series.
>>
>>92697682
Modern mutants are so fucking lame, they're worse than Maggot. They need to come up with interesting mutants.
>>
>>92700128
I like Glob, the triplets, Armor, Quentin, Magik and they aren't modern. And the problem is not the mutants, the problem is the writer.
>>
>>92697682

I like blue more than gold so far, gold has been very irritating with it's political messaging and it's just not as fun as blue is.
>>
>>92700401
>gold has been very irritating with it's political messaging and it's just not as fun as blue is.
Meh, I just ignore stuff like that and look at it in the context of the story/comic universe.
>>
>>92697682
>Where is Glob Herman?
Does anyone actually give a shit about Glob Herman?
>Where is Magik?
She just showed up in Jean Grey

As for enjoyment, yes I'm enjoying it. The X-books haven't been this good in years with nothing happening I the Bendis years and them just spinning their wheels in the Terrigen year
>>
>>92700561

Yeah but it doesn't even make sense in it's own universe, you can't deport natural born american citizens, they only do that to make a shot at drumpf.
>>
>>92700128
>They need to come up with interesting mutants
they can't because fuck Fox.
>>
>>92697682
Did Anole's arm get unfucked? Who is that girl on the top right in the bottom panel?
>>
I hate how they were working on making Hellion the new generation Magneto for a bit and then just completely downgraded him into a bully rather than devote some time to addressing he's one of the 300 some mutants that survived the war on utopia. I mean they did a bit. He saved somebody after Rogue threatened to kill him by separating somethijng from her molecule by molecule until she was ok. But everytho ng after that was just "nah he's the jerk of the school" and that's why i stopped reading X-Men. New cast of character in five years or less and no one gets any resolution. Damn near most of that cast I liked doesn't get any panels anymore. No surge or mercury or anole...nobody.
>>
>>92701606
Yeah that's the problem with being a fan of the new young x-teams in general buddy.
>>
>>92701441
It's more that all of him is equally fucked

Armor
>>
>>92697682
Where's Strong Guy? I know he isn't in hell anymore.
>>
>>92703400
He was on the last page of Secret Warriors #2, along with Archangel, Beast, Magik, and two other characters I didn't recognize.(Maybe one was Boom-Boom?)
>>
>>92701606
>>92701712
The x-books need action and drama. The writers should use the new/non-classical mutants for drama.
Also, when they take young mutants out of the books/teams without any explanation it become an issue to continuityfags. Even if you hate some character, like Magik, it makes no sense not having her on the Gold team: she has been commited to the mutant cause for a long time.

>>92703400
WHO?
>>
>>92703400
>>92703512

he appeared here in the last page, stopping Karnak's car with his hand (there were more inhumans in the car like Kamala or Moon Girl)
thhose Inhumans escaped from the Steve Rogers concentration camp into mutant territory (northern california)
Steve Rogers is allowing a separatist mutant state to exist inside the border of his country because he isnt strong enough to go to war against mutants. Magneto agreed with this.
Also, the leader is Xorn.
It is called New Tian.

Strong Guy was drawn very hot even if he had no dialogue
>>
>>92699708
Remember...
>>
>>92703559
Im not arguing that. It's much more that Marvel refuses to let people age. Hellion's class should basically be college freshman even on a sliding timescale. They're still 16ish though.
>>
File: The_Prime_of_Miss_Emma_Frost.jpg (251KB, 643x1000px) Image search: [Google]
The_Prime_of_Miss_Emma_Frost.jpg
251KB, 643x1000px
>>92704299
Emma should be in her 50s or 60s.

Still love you Emma! I never get tired of Morrison's Emma Frost.

Also, Emma was lying about her age in that issue, which ties into the reference he was making in this particular issue.
>>
>>92704299
Well, if the young/new mutants should age I think everyone would have to age too.
>>
>>92697682
>Anole and Rockslide
They live!
>>
>>92704410
In an ideal world, yes. I would support aging out characters. After awhile, you can only do so much with a character before you simply retread old character arcs.
>>
>>92698785
>She is mostly just a bus
Do you have an aneurysm every time you try to come up with a term that doesn't come from playing video games
>>
File: 1246848469333.jpg (536KB, 659x873px) Image search: [Google]
1246848469333.jpg
536KB, 659x873px
>>92704228
>>
>>92704380
What reference was that?
>>
>>92704515
Bus is a video game term?
I thought it was because she's the Magick School Bus.
>>
File: jokememe.jpg (106KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
jokememe.jpg
106KB, 700x1147px
>>92704515
>not knowing about the magik school bus thing
Anon have you not been in an X-thread in the last twelve years?
>>
>>92704794
Underused as fuck, even more after she started studying magic with Dr Strange.
>>
File: Brody_Caught.jpg (103KB, 750x577px) Image search: [Google]
Brody_Caught.jpg
103KB, 750x577px
>>92704649
The Maggie Smith movie: The Prime of Miss Jean Brody.

That issue is almost verging on plagiarism, if I am being critical of Morrison's meta narrative.

It was the Cuckoos who outed Emma and Cyclops' affair to Jean.
>>
>>92704515
Wow, you're a special kind of stupid, huh?
>>
>>92704656
Some X-Men fans have taken to calling Illyana "Magicbus" because she essentially the X-Men's Magical School Bus.
>>
File: Miss_Brody.png (300KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
Miss_Brody.png
300KB, 640x352px
>>92705057
For the Millennial generation out there, Maggie Smith is known for playing that Professor MacGonnagle from Harry Potter.

Back in the day, she was quite the looker and fiery actress.
>>
>>92705235
>back in the day
>>
>>92705235
And who's the qt wearing glasses?
>>
>>92705057
Ah, I see.
I'm not much of a movie buff, outside of some John Wayne, Cary Grant, Clint Eastwood, and Dean Martin films, I haven't watched many "older" movies.(Older being 70's and later)
>>
>>92705341
I'm unsure about /co/'s policy on aging actresses.

Maggie Smith is still the looker and fiery actress. Too bad Hollywood doesn't have any real parts befitting an actress of her legendary caliber.
>>
File: Sandy_Esme.jpg (127KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
Sandy_Esme.jpg
127KB, 680x850px
>>92705383
That is actress Pamela Franklin. She played the manipulative mastermind, Sandy. She is the Esme analog. Emma Frost is the analog for Maggie Smith's titular character: Miss Jean Brody.
>>
>>92703512
>Best boy on worst book
Fuck you Marvel
>>
>>92703734
Please let someone kill moon girl I hate her so much.
>>
>>92703559
>Who?
Strong Guy. A handsome mutant who is really huge. He's a big guy.
>>
Isn't the green dude supposed to have an arm that looked like he called a thousand times a day.
>>
>>92701441
His entire body got as bulky as his arm was, ruining his look.

With zero explanation, he's suddenly back to his original design, which also looks lame.
>>
>>92703734
>thhose Inhumans escaped from the Steve Rogers concentration camp into mutant territory (northern california)
>Steve Rogers is allowing a separatist mutant state to exist inside the border of his country because he isnt strong enough to go to war against mutants. Magneto agreed with this.
>Also, the leader is Xorn.
>It is called New Tian.
What the fuck did I miss?
Is there another event going on or something?
Is this Xorn the one from Battle of the Atom? Or is the future brotherhood still MIA?
>>
>>92705401
There's not a physical attraction to her, but as a person I like her quite a bit. Sigourney Weaver is definitely on the list though. And Julie Andrews. And Jamie Lee Curtis.
>>
File: Beast&Iso.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Beast&Iso.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>92705612
He started out as Lila Cheney's personal bouncer. Then graduated to X-Factor and recently King of Hell.

Fucking Peter David ruins characters as thoroughly as Bendis.

That Beast looks so dopey it hurts.

The design was actually pretty well done in that one issue of IvX. Too bad Charles Soule gave him literally the most nonsensical and inept dialogue.

Stop writing Beast, Charles Soule, you clearly understand as much about Beast as Bendis did. Which is to say not at fucking all.
>>
File: sigourney_weaver_alien.jpg (172KB, 1231x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sigourney_weaver_alien.jpg
172KB, 1231x1600px
>>92705716
Agreed in full on all accounts.

Damn, do I love Sigourney Weaver. Tell you what, it's a crime against humanity that Sigourney Weaver hasn't won a single Oscar.

Pic is Weaver fan service.
>>
>>92703559
>she has been commited to the mutant cause for a long time
Which has always bugged me.
When she (or rather her demonic clone) came back, her only goal was Limbo shit. Getting the missing pieces of her soul back.
She gave a shit about her brother and childhood friends, but "the mutant cause" was no concern of hers.
Even Kitty, her old best friend, was all "fuck you for being a copy of Illyana."
Then Gillen makes her crazy and Bendis just tosses fucking EVERYTHING out the window, with Illyana being a total team player and Kitty's BFF who acts like a teenager half the time.

And THAT is the version that got popular.
Is this what fans of classic Harley Quinn feel?
>>
>>92705794
PAD had clearly stopped caring in the last few years of X-Factor.

Also, fuck him, Kyle, and Yost for keeping Wolfsbane out of the New Mutants revival.
>>
File: growing stronger.jpg (2MB, 1278x1175px) Image search: [Google]
growing stronger.jpg
2MB, 1278x1175px
>>92705635
there's an arc in which he goes to the future or some parallel world and some time pass and when the x-men find him and some other kids they are all grown up

>>92705699
Secret Empire is going on.
Not this Xorn.
The future brotherhood was teased in the end of the first issue of X-Men Blue among other things.

>>92705794
>that beast
jesus christ
>>
>>92705848
Judi Dench?
>>
File: HelenMirren_Georgina.jpg (87KB, 580x883px) Image search: [Google]
HelenMirren_Georgina.jpg
87KB, 580x883px
>>92706046
I love me some Judi Dench. Special shout out to Helen Mirren. She was great in RED and RED 2, but damn, does /co/ need to watch Helen Mirren in Caligula and The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and her Lover.

Will warn /co/ that both movies are rated NC-17 and contain pervasive nudity, sex, violence, and graphic content.
>>
>>92705972
>there's an arc in which he goes to the future or some parallel world and some time pass and when the x-men find him and some other kids they are all grown up
It was the distant future

But he was only there for a year. He got swole because he got flamed by a dragon and his regeneration powers grew everything back really big and spikey
>>
>>92706182
Is it on netflix?
>>
>>92706252
In which book did it happened?
>>
>>92706342
Extraordinary X-Men

Don't bother. Seriously.
>>
>>92706253
It was. That's how I watched it.

Check again, it may be on Netflix. I actually have it kept on my favorites list.

Great cinematography and the use of color is exceptional.
>>
>>92705878
>And THAT is the version that got popular.
It was the redesign anon, the tits got her popular. She didn't really do much, she just happened to be in the room more.
>>
>>92706440
Right, forgot to bring up the hideous costume people love so much.
>>
>>92706468
Bachelo has admitted he is terrible at costume designs.
>>
>>92706440
>>92706468
>>92706559

Fuck. My eyes are open and I cannot unsee this truth.
>>
>>92706440
>>92706468
I don't like when people draw her like a all grown woman with big breasts. Her sinister nature works better when she's like a teenage girl. So many people drawn her just like Emma, the only thing that could be used to tell them apart was the costume.
>>
>>92706619
But if she still is only a teenage girl it ruins her relationship with Kitty. She can grow up, I just want to see the sorceress queen I know she can be, a right and proper hell lord. Not a schoolbus with a sword.
>>
>>92706619
also these people have 13-14 years old? this triggers my autism.
The artist working on the Champions book knows how to draw kids who looks like kids.
When the old cyclops was still around and in the same panel as the O5's Cyclops they were almost always draw with the same height too.

>>92706743
I'm not saying she has to be a teenager forever, just saying that not every woman has to be super athletic and have big boobs.
All that aside, I want to see her becoming a great sorceress too.
>>
>>92706850
forget pic
>>
>>92706850
>>92706870
I would think the O5 X-Men are around 17 or 18 by now, right? There was that 8 month skip after all.

Campbell has the worse style, why does he get so many variants?
>>
>>92707037
>There was that 8 month skip after all.
Two, actually.
One leading into Secret Wars and the one following Secret Wars.
>>
>>92700698
>Does anyone actually give a shit about Glob Herman?
I do, he is a character with potential, did you read spider-man and the x-men? They could explore how Herman accepted the fact that he is a pink candle and explain why he is a bully.
>>
I like all of them so far but Generation X. I guess they decided to put all the Tumblr pandering in one book, which is fine by me. Didn't read Jean Grey though, solos for team characters are dumb.
>>
>>92707095
I was going to say that, but I thought the first 8 month gap didn't happen once all the universes got remade.
But if both skips did happen the O5 are at least all 17 now, I think? With Beast being 18 or 19, since he's supposed to be oldest, unless that was retconned.
>>
>>92707141
How is generation X tumblr like?
>>
>>92707160

Jean was in college in Extrordinary X-Men, so she has to be at least 18, yea?
>>
>>92707212
>Jean was in college in Extrordinary X-Men
>even though she never finished high school
>and it was a fake mutant high school at that
This always kills me when they try to play the Institute as an actual school.
What college would ever accept these students?
A majority of the fucking faculty never finished high school/college.
>>
>>92707377
A degree from Xavier's/Jean Grey's pretty much allows you to join superhuman paramilitary groups:
SHIELD, HAMMER, AIM, SWORD, Avengers, USAvengers, etc.
It probably also looks good on a resume if you plan on working for a superhero like Tony Stark, Jennifer Walters, Peter Parker, etc.
>>
>>92707560
Also it can give you connections and contact to other mutants and maybe even Superheroes. Recommendations from the staff can also be very beneficial.
Imagine! A letter of recommendation from Avengers like Wolverine. Or even SPIDERMAN!
>>
>>92705972
>Martha

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME
>>
>>92697682
>Where is Glob Herman?

In Generation X, needing glasses and being boring as fuck now that he's no longer an obnoxious dweeb character.
>>
>Weapon X already has a crossover with Cholk three issues into its first arc.

FFS, really?
>>
>>92699999
>The Generation X book look awful, dont know about story though.

There's basically no story so far. A new character is introduced, Shogo apparently can walk now (why is Jubilee being a single vampire mother still a thing?!), the cast fight each other for a stupid reason, and then the Purifiers arrive to their front lawn to exterminate everyone as the cliffhanger.
>>
>>92700312

Cuckoos became shit the moment they stopped being a creepy hivemind and became individuals with dyed hair to differentiate them from one another. I mean, at least you could ignore the retcon that they were Emma's clones because it never came up but their current state, fuck that.
>>
File: surge 43.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
surge 43.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
I miss Surge

but maybe this is for the best
>>
>>92697682
was Gen X even any good?
>>
>>92698785
>Nobody wants to write Magik. She was Lemire's waifu which is why she did so much in the last run.

She was literally an X-Men flagship character from Schism onwards until this run finally dropped her.
>>
>>92700561
You are part of the problem.
>>
>>92709406
What problem?
>>
>>92700770
>Yeah but it doesn't even make sense in it's own universe, you can't deport natural born american citizens

That doesn't stop racist asshole demanding muslims who were born in America to get out. Why would it stop mutie haters?
>>
>>92709368

And she was basically just a magic bus. We traded a malicious borderline evil Illyana with plenty of story potential for this "it's just like my Kitty x MagiK shipping in the 1980s!" shit.
>>
>>92709431
If you have to ask, you're already too far gone.
>>
>>92709566
Yes, because comic books are a major problem.
They've always been left leaning and always will be.
>>
>>92699810
>Also, Jean Grey has been good so far.

That's a bit of a stretch. I might be overtly harsh on the book, but so far it's teen Jean being as obnoxious as ever and recycling the Pheonix again doesn't make it particularly interesting read.

Gold might be very mediocre, but at least it's just due to an uninspired return to an old status quo with an okay storyline.
>>
>>92709339
Is stupid as fuck (dealing with the whole "let's place our school in Central Park because that's not dangerous" and introducing even more disposable x-teens) and kind of boring...
>>
>>92709910
There was a whole one new character

Personally I just didn't really like the art
>>
>>92709925
IIRC there will be at least one more and they are still pushing that useless antler freak from a while ago.
>>
>>92709936

I have a bigger issue with them still trying to push Quintin Quire as a good guy or maybe the dumbest new X-character a in a little while, Eye-boy.
>>
>>92709964
Eye Boy has at least proven to be somewhat useful and interesting despite having sucky powers, unlike Antler Chick and a few others who don't even have a personality or any kind of appeal.

I have no idea why they haven't given up on Quentin yet though.
>>
Is Hellion dead?
>>
>>92705878
>"Next time I see you I will kill you for making me a monster Illyana"
>"AH SNOWFLAKE HOW I HAVE MISSED MY WONDERFUL SISTER"
I just wish writers would read prior rums, its not fucking hard
>>
>>92709996
Last time he showed up he was losing control of his powers in New Attilan due to the Terrigen Cloud, and hasn't been seen since
>>
>>92705878
>Is this what fans of classic Harley Quinn feel?

No, because what Bendis did was just pandering hard to the 80s era fanboys by reverting her entire character. Current Harley Quinn is annoying to fans who think she should be like the BTAS version and mostly harmless eye candy. I don't read her solo book because the writing isn't my cup of tea but for the most part I have no problem with her being in Suicide Squad, apart from shipping her with team mates like Floyd and Rick.
>>
>>92710052
>I just wish writers would read prior rums, its not fucking hard

You should take your own advice.

There was a long time between those two encounters, Magik had significantly changed, Colossus had gotten rid of his angst thanks to Domino, and Kitty ran peacemaker between them to make it happen.
>>
>>92710168
If I was writing for Marvel then sure, but fuck me if I'm gonna read Bendis willingly
>>
>>92710074
Oh man, the Inhumans are keeping him as a slave, aren't they?
>>
>>92710168
>Magik had significantly changed

Out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>92711089

Nope. Try actually reading comics some time.
>>
>>92705057
The whole Emma/Cuckoos relationship throughout the run was clearly influenced by the movie. One student die, one student betray her...
>>
File: whiplash1-1024x576.jpg (84KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
whiplash1-1024x576.jpg
84KB, 1024x576px
>>92697682

not really.

Maybe those writers aren't just quite my tempo but no.
>>
>>92697682
I will always have a weakness for x-books, but I'm not saying it loudly.
Also, not buying marvel products.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.