[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Jack was able to find a portal and go back almost immediately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: SamuraiJack[1].png (169KB, 430x245px) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiJack[1].png
169KB, 430x245px
What if Jack was able to find a portal and go back almost immediately after landing in the future? Would you still be shrieking about him erasing the people in the future then?
>>
Yes.

The only good time-travel plot is one where you can't change the past.
>>
>>92682542
Probably not, but we had sixty episodes and fifty in-universe years to grow attached to the future's cast of characters.
>>
>>92682542
No, because Jack successfully did what the townie episodes of SU keep trying to do but fall short; they made us care about the characters that Jack was protecting, and really let's you know what's at stake with his quest to fight Aku. Because of this, we felt sad that the fate of everyone we've grown attached to over the years is left ambiguous. I actually like SU by the way, I'm not hating on it, only using it as an example.
>>
>>92682542
unless it's multiverse, or to prevent an unrecoverable apocalypse, you should not change the past. PERIOD
>>
>>92682556
That was never going to happen in this show.
>>
>>92682845
>unrecoverable apocalypse
Considering all the planets and races Aku enslaved/destroyed, Jack made the right choice based on what you're saying.
>>
>>92682944
Which worlds did he destroy?
>>
>>92682967
Sssh, let him have his half assed contrarian narrative
>>
>>92682542
>What if Jack was able to find a portal and go back almost immediately after landing in the future?
The show would have literally been 2 minutes long if that was the case.
What a fucking shit thread.
>>
>>92682986
I've actually seen the comment a few times, but I don't remember hearing of a world being actually destroyed by aku in the show.
In fact, Aku, who is the most petty entity to ever live, wasn't shown/mentioned destroying the imakandi for refusing to hand jack over after doing their job
>>
File: sucker.gif (959KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
sucker.gif
959KB, 450x300px
>>92682542
People are not disappointed about Jack erasing an entire timeline worth of people, in by itself. The problem is once he *realized* that he had done so, he still only cared about his stupid girlfriend. That is, about himself.

Ashi was an OK device to give Jack a way home, but the fact is, Jack shouldn't have gone back home at all, period.

There were seeds in the first few episodes about understanding that death and defeat are not "unfair" fates; or no more unfair than any other fate anyway. Jack was haunted by his ghost dad telling him he had failed at his purpose, but the proper arc shouldn't have been NEVER MIND I DIDNT FAIL LMAO, but acknowledging the fact that, after a first defeat -agains a hugely powerful force of evil to boot- he had been given a new purpose: to protect and eventually free the world his enemy had actually created, one every bit as real as the one he had destroyed.
>>
>>92683290
I disagree with your opinions on ashi but I completely agree with your final paragraph.
except for
>Jack was haunted by his ghost dad
That wasn't his dad, it was a hallucination caused by Mad Jack, his parents haven't been suffering since they died after Jack left.
>>
>>92683290

I think the lose of Ashi was fitting, but it should have happened in the time portal.
>>
>>92682944
Unrecoverable apocalypse would be something like Aku killed all the Gods, has breached into heaven and is literally devouring the souls there, while the physical universe is about as corrupted as the Warp from 40k.

Aku hasnt caused damage even remotely close from what is truly the end of times.
>>
>>92683290
The emperor was chilling in heaven. We see him a few times during season 1-4.

If i remember correctly, there is one scene he outright tells jack to stop blaming himself about what happened in the past, as he still doing the best to save the future.
>>
>>92683405
>"Aku's victories are not your failures. The struggle against Aku is arduous and none have fought more bravely than you, my son."
>>
File: hereafter.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hereafter.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>92682542
If the audience never had the chance to see much of the future except that Aku rules over it, it would have been acceptable to see it erased and replaced with a different future. But since we did get to see that there were a lot of good people still living in the future that was Aku, we were kinda hoping that Jack can find a way to save them too.

If we look at something like Trunks in DBZ, the act of time-travel split the timeline into two parallel paths, and the characters worked hard to fix not just Goku's time but also the bad future where Trunks came from. In Terminator 2, the future is so full of suffering and death that Dyson agrees to sacrifice his career and life to avert that future. In Justice League, Vandal Savage once took over the world only to realize it wasn't what he truly wanted, and he helped Superman change the past even if it meant that version of him would vanish from existence. Even the pony show once addressed how the tiniest changes in the past can cause a massive ripple effect in the future.

These story elements provide material for tons of interesting scenarios, and a lot of stories have utilized their potential well. Changing the past in order to rewrite the future has its implications, and I was hoping they would be explored a little more in-depth than "without Aku, I would've never existed *poof*". Since the first few episodes showed Jack being tormented by guilt, depression and suicidal feelings, I thought the rest of the season would be able to handle the uncomfortable parts around time-travel too.
>>
>>92683614
>the pony show
Cmon anon it's not like the feds are gonna break down your door if you type "my littly po-
>>
>>92682542
It's not strictly even that he made everyone in the future not exist, it's the fact that making everyone in the future not exist also undoes so much of his actions throughout the series. Every time he sacrificed a chance to go back to the past in order to save lives in the future, is rendered pointless. If he was ultimately still planning to go back to the past, then he shouldn't have even bothered giving up the chance to save them, because he was going to make them not exist anyway. Same goes for him nearly killing himself because the thought he'd failed to save one more group of innocent children was enough to push him over the edge. Those same children don't even exist now, because of his actions. Not just dead, erased from existence.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.