[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stories need to be more grounded in reality to remind us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1325275339780.png (179KB, 638x358px) Image search: [Google]
1325275339780.png
179KB, 638x358px
>Stories need to be more grounded in reality to remind us how horrible life is
>If the main character isn't suffering , then his victory means nothing
>Happy endings are for children and are completely unrealistic

Why do contrarians think this way? I hope you don't think this way.
>>
>>92678257
I don't think this way, luckily.
>>
>>92678257
there is a time and place for everything
sad endings and horrible suffering have their place, but they arent an all-solving hammer that you can liberally apply like magic spice over every story
>>
Who fed Ratigan's cat after he died?
>>
File: rat with screw on head.jpg (74KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
rat with screw on head.jpg
74KB, 720x540px
In the book it's revealed that Ratian was a lab rat that was tested and experiment, he was made into a monster.

This isn't true itd be an interesting story imo
>>
File: Dug-Man2.jpg (53KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
Dug-Man2.jpg
53KB, 500x343px
>>92678257
>Stories need to be more grounded in reality to remind us how horrible life is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gxg5HWTIAY
>>
>>92678793
It's shame when authors hamfist endings into stories that don't match the rest of the tone.

I know endings are hard to do, if you don't plan them accordingly
>>
>>92678829
So that's how they make screws.
>>
>>92678799
Himself?
>>
>>92678257
Is this a thinly veiled Samurai Jack season 5 thread?
>>
>>92678838
>It's shame when authors hamfist endings into stories that don't match the rest of the tone.
Yeah, especially when the writing has to bend over backwards and runs completely against the rules the narrative had established up til then, like a certain French development studio somewhat infamously pulled in 2012.

Yes, I am still bitter about Life is Strange. This sad ending was not earned cause it doesn't make any fucking sense, shove that Butterfly Effect whoreshit up your ass you retarded hack. Fuck that. Bae over Bay.
>>
>It's a "ditch the supernatural and go back to your life of mundanity" ending

I'm still made about the Gravity Falls ending
>>
>>92679300
worse endings.
Why the fuck would you want to have a mudane life.
>>
>>92679097
No, in general a character must go through some suffering to make them a bit more human and relatable as it helps the immersion.
>>
>>92678799
She was chased by Toby and end up mauled by the royal dogs even before Ratigan dies.
>>
>>92679418
Unfortunately not enough people understand this.
>>
>>92678257
GrimDerp fags are the fucking worst.
>>
>>92679418
This.
>>
>>92679418
So, it's a thinly veiled anti-Mabel thread, then?
>>
>>92681055
Either that or they just discovered Hanzuki or something
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.