[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Didn't do anything with his life after meeting Jack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 29

>Didn't do anything with his life after meeting Jack because his existence would get poofed anyway
wow, was Da Samurai the smartest Samurai Jack character?
>>
why didn't jack just kill every single person he meets because apparently non existence is equivalent to death to you retards
>>
>>92666086
It might as well be.
>>
He owns the bar and humbled himself, seems like he grew a lot of wisdom from his past days were he thought he was the hottest shit.
>>
>>92666086
many of them got killed in the battle with Aku, but yeah why feel sad for them they got deleted two minutes afterwards
>>
>>92666086
>They actually risked their lifes fighting Aku in the last episode to be erased from existance
Holy shit...
>>
>>92666086
It's worse, because they don't even get to go to the afterlife.
>>
>>92667016
Maybe they got to go to their own timelines afterlife. What if there's more than one time line in their universe now due to all the time fuckery going on.
>>
Only Ashi is erased from existence. For all you know the rest of the people live in happiness in the future without Aku
>>
>>92667016
It isnt "worse". Ejaculating doesnt kill a million babies, you prevent them from existing. You didnt murder a million babies.

Like, anyone that brings up the afterlife in this discussion is a retard because nobody died at all. Non existence isnt death
>>
>>92667092
This
Ashi was erased from existence because her father was literally Aku, who paradoxically didn't exist long enough to be able to inseminate the leader of the cult.
The rest of the characters may one day exist, just in a world without Aku or Jack
>>
>>92667076
Ashi fading away established that Aku's form of time travel was the most powerful - one capable of actual time travel and not timeline splitting like DBZ
>>
>>92667016
You're right. They get to live
>>
>>92667131
then why does the time portal SHE made exist?
>>
File: fidget spinners.png (130KB, 500x606px) Image search: [Google]
fidget spinners.png
130KB, 500x606px
>>92667076
>>92667131

>>The rest of the characters may one day exist, just in a world without Aku or Jack
>muh alternate timeline
>>
>>92666086
That's actually what he did though
>>
>>92667228
Yes?
You're thinking of it as death rather than a reboot you retard.
>>
>>92667228
Aku's future never happened. So what is the problem here exactly?
>>
>>92667131
>>92667092

Nice Fanfiction. Are you the same people who bitch at others who make up better endings than what Genndy gave us?
>>
File: 3477755334.jpg (51KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
3477755334.jpg
51KB, 1131x707px
>>92666963
>by going back to the past and erasing their existence Jack completely invalidated both their bravery and their sacrifices
Samurai Jack was the true SHOGUN OF SORROW all along.
>>
>>92667116
You actually do kill a million babies depending on what you consider life to be. If you consider it to be any living organism/cells with human DNA, then yes you killed them. Same thing when you pick at a scab.
>>
>>92667204
Because the truth is that the timeline branched every time time travel was used in the show, many timelines were doomed to """nonexistence"""
>>
>>92667116
Sperm is not a baby you fucking idiot, it's a potential baby at best. Those people already exisited.
>>
>"Gotta get back...back to the past...Samurai Jack."
>Wow Samurai Jack went back to the past, I can't believe this, Genndy is a hack

Where were you when you started to support euthanasia?
>>
>>92666086

would you rather be killed right now, or have never existed in the first place.
>>
>>92667283
>Jack completely invalidated both their bravery and their sacrifices
Except it was through their bravery and sacrifice that Jack could save both the past and future from Aku.
Without them Ashi would have killed Jack and everyone would either live in despair, get cursed or turn into an Akuling.

>>92667446
>would you rather have a slow painful death or just bloop out of existence possibly being rebooted in another
That's not a tough choice.
>>
>>92667116
The problem with this argument is that all those people in the future did exist prior to Jack defeating Aku. Jack effectively wiped them from existence.

This isn't time that has yet to be written, as is the case with your analogy, but rather time that was written, erased, and then rewritten differently.
>>
>>92667492
>possibly being rebooted in another

No one cares for your fanfiction
>>
>>92667430
At a YMCA in China feeding starving children.
>>
>>92667518
Nobody cares for your "Jack is a murderer!" alternate headcanon, either.

I bet you're the kinda guy who thinks Mario is the villain.
>>
>>92667518
And no one cares for your changing the past = death one either but "dying" painlessly sounds a lot better than a slow agonizing death.
>>
>>92667275
It's left ambiguous, but the future itself is saved from Aku's evil. Either they don't exist in the future, or they exist but slightly different personality as they never endured Aku's evils.
>>
>>92667518
SJ has a lot of determinism.
>>
>>92667446
Depends on what "not existed" means. Because Jack still has the scars from that experience and Ashi literally faded away at the wedding in his timeline. If "not existing" means I experience life and then watch as my existence and universe is removed from the grand scheme of things like writing being erased from a piece of notebook paper, I'd pick the alternate option because it'd probably be less severe and other people in my world would have to suffer that fate. I wouldn't want to be a story hidden in eraser dust and overwritten.
>>
>>92667430
>the real past was the friends we made along the way
>>
>>92667568
Mario always breaks and enters into Bowser's properties, assaults his workers, and kidnaps his girlfriend before Bowser takes her back offscreen. Mario is a fucking douche.
>>
>>92667676
*wouldn't have to suffer that fate.
>>
Jack is an asshole for not letting go of the past, and rebuilding the future.
>>
>>92667568
> WAAAHH STOP SAYING JACK IS A MURDERER, THOSE PEOPLE STILL EXIST BUT JUST WITHOUT AKU

How retarded do you have to be to actually believe this shit? It's more of the fact people are shitting on this garbage writing and the lack of closure. For god sake, jack's last words to scotsman was "I'm seeing someone".

This is some SHITTY FAN-FIC writing. Genndy literally wrote this entire season about a "beautiful" half-demon girl who gets along with animals and is the main characters love interest who has the same powers has the main villain. This is the garbage writing you are defending. You think Genndy gives a shit about those other characters? He just wanted to force a bittersweet ending, and what does he care? he has a ton of brain dead fans like yourselves who are willing to defend anything he does because "MUH KINO" and are unwilling to criticize this garbage. Unless he comes out himself and says "well yeah those characters are still there, everything you mention is pure speculation, because there's already proof that they DON'T EXIST in the future that is AKU.
>>
>>92667711
BUT THAT'S JUST A THEROY
>>
>>92667711
>kidnaps the mother of his children
Ftfy
>>
>>92667704

I think this is the thing. Half the audience didn't expect Jack to go to the past for that very reason. He'd save his mentors but doom his friends. A big assumption I think people made with that insane "YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR PURPOSE" was that the big rejection of that would be the people he helped on the way and the meaning that comes from that.

For a bunch of Samurai ghosts to troll him into Sudoku when he could have just gone into a portal and undid it makes the entire idea of those children living or dying irrelevant. They were gone two weeks later regardless.
>>
>>92666963
> some people actually believe they all wanted to sacrifice themselves for a better future
>>
File: 1494129841605.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494129841605.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>92667885
>A better Future that won't exist anymore
>>
>>92667818
>because there's already proof that they DON'T EXIST in the future that is AKU.
You mean the future without Aku.
And no, there is no evidence of them not existing and Ashi doesn't count because her very genetics are tied to Aku.
>>
>>92665373
The fact that the ending renders every characters actions meaningless is why it is a shitty ending.
>>
>>92667919
> there is no evidence of them not existing

Wrong.
Jump-good guy came to be because his village was destroyed by Aku's drones. In fact many of the aliens who came to earth are because of Aku's meddling. The list goes on, but basically these people existed in AKU"S FUTURE.

Guess what anon? There's no more Aku.
How would these things even happen in a future without Aku? They would be different and the circumstances would change. We are talkign about thousands of years here.

>B-b-but they could still exist but just be different
Look
>>92667518
>>
>>92665373
I guess this one of those situations where the black guy really dindu nuffin.
>>
>>92667919
I don't think a lot of them would exist if it weren't for Aku. Changing something that big in the timeline leads to a lot of the characters not needing to travel or meet each other. All the aliens are likely gone for sure. Someone like the Scotsman wouldn't have been born in the same tough times and become the same person. I don't know much about his family, but if Aku was actually reigning terror and genociding people as many posters imply he did due to him being "evil" that means there's going to be a lot more human genetic diversity at the root for many communities and the odds of any family tree panning out the same way it did in Aku's world over the course of thousands of years is asinine.
>>
>>92668006
>Jump-good guy came to be because his village was destroyed by Aku's drones. In fact many of the aliens who came to earth are because of Aku's meddling. The list goes on, but basically these people existed in AKU"S FUTURE.
So Jump Good guy now lives in a town has a job and now lives the good life.
The aliens like the moth people now crash land on earth and actually receive help.
>The list goes on
You have no evidence anon. All you can prove is that their experiences didn't happen not that they won't exist.

Hell the Lava Monster was probably sealed around Jack's time so he's free to live it up.
>>
>>92668126
Is a person still the same person if they have a completely different life?
I'd say no, your experiences make you
>>
The people who care about this are autists who deserve to be shot

>how can we enjoy things when there's stupid shit to complain about?
>>
>>92668176
Same soul same person fuck you fuck off
>>
>>92668176
>I'd say no, your experiences make you
It forges your personality but it doesn't forge you. Needless to say they would exist but they would have the same personalities like Trunks in Dragonball
>>
>>92668126
>So Jump Good guy now lives in a town has a job and now lives the good life.
>The aliens like the moth people now crash land on earth and actually receive help.
>Hell the Lava Monster was probably sealed around Jack's time so he's free to live it up.

LITERALLY Fan fiction, Holy shit you're not even trying to hide it anymore. You're implying all these events in the 4 seasons are going to happen again just without Aku is possibly one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

>You have no evidence anon.
There's evidence, it was talked about and shown but you choose to ignore it. Your fan-fiction is shit.

You S5 Apologist are fucking pathetic.
>>
>people defending this shit ending
Why are you like this
>>
You still think all these people were robots who would never be created without Aku? Didn't you notice that only Ashi was his creation?
>>
>>92667885
Then why did Scotsman offer Jack to marry one of his daughters?
>a "beautiful" half-demon girl who gets along with animals
wut?
>who has the same powers has the main villain.
and doesn't ever use them for her personal gain
how is that a Mary Sue?
>>
>>92667509
No, they didnt exist until jack got cast into the future.

Jack being cast into the future changed time, aku's future took the place of the future that would have happened if jack killed aku.

Like, if I ejaculated and a time traveler appeared and said NO STOP I'M ONE OF THOSE it wouldnt make the act of ejaculation murder. I would just be changing the timeline.
>>
>>92668234
>LITERALLY Fan fiction
As is your
>EVERYONE IS DEAD IT'S AUTOMATICALLY THE BAD END FUCK YOU
headcanon even though it doesn't abide by any reasonable logic.

>it was talked about and shown but you choose to ignore it.
Then prove it.
>>
>>92667430
It's how you differentiate the newfags from people who actually watched the old show

Like people who spout the "first three episodes" meme
>>
>>92668288
>>a "beautiful" half-demon girl who gets along with animals
>wut?
>>who has the same powers has the main villain.
>and doesn't ever use them for her personal gain
>how is that a Mary Sue?
This was meant for >>92667818
>>
>>92668257
SJfans have Sanic-tier devotion to their show. Everyone was blinded to it by the nostalgia rush, but the autistic devotion we should have seen in the threads, art, and offsite material from places like tumblr is making itself clear and it's only going to get worse in the coming months as the fanfiction gets jacked up to 11 over what happens when people get erased, and love stories about Jack and Ashi. Brace your anus.
>>
File: 1493166235501.jpg (8KB, 258x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493166235501.jpg
8KB, 258x200px
Have you guys ever considered that it was just ONE timeline that might not exist anymore? What about the infinite amount of timelines that didn't get to exist as a result of Aku's reign? Is it fair for them to not exist because you're playing favorites? For all you know, the Scotsman could've had thousands of daughters instead of the hundred that he had, and Aku was preventing him from doing that. Perhaps the moth people form a peace alliance with earth. Maybe even Ashi and her sisters get born to a not crazy bitch of a mother, and they live a happy life of togetherness and all that jazz. We may never know, but preventing one timeline from happening is always worth stopping a timeless, immortal evil. If you agree or not, I don't fancy it too much. I'm just offering a different side of the argument.

look, the ending had plenty of flaws. I'm not implying otherwise. But this "muh existential crises" nonsense is the stupidest nitpick you could choose about this ending.
>>
>>92668307
he went back to the past in the most shittiest way possible, that's the problem most people have

-Can't say goodbye to his friends in the future
-Literally gets forced by Ashi to go back
-Loses love interest because muh sad ending
>>
>>92667092
Do you not know what the Butterfly effect is, anon?
>>
>>92668354
As an addendum to this: when aku made a portal to the future, it was to the future of the timeline as it was then (because jack hadn't yet been cast into it). When jack went into the portal, it genocided that timeline and replaced it with THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU.

Timelines are destroyed every time somebody used time travel. It's a non event, and what all time travel fiction is based off of unless its a 100% closed loop predestination thing.
>>
>>92668305
Not that guy, but it's pretty logical. We saw Ashi actually get erased and Jack still has memories of his trip. It's akin to erasing a drawing from a piece of paper (although this drawing has feelings and a family) and then claiming you now have a clear piece of paper and the drawing never existed because you only decide to determine existence by what currently exists on the piece of paper.
>>
>>92668288
Well he didn't think his friend would fuck him and his daughters over so badly and not even feel slightly remorsful
>>
>>92668395
The butterfly effect doesn't work the way you think it does.
>>
>>92667092
>>92667131

Okay, but consider this:

The Woolies, for example never had too much to do with Aku. Their whole thing was that they were enslaved by an alien race. Without Jack there, They would never have been liberated.

In addition, the jungle tribe of monkeys who taught Jack how to jump will have never learned how to defend themselves from predators without Jack's direct influence.

In addition, there was the Spartans, the rescue of Scotsman's wife, etc. that all occurred without Aku's influence, but for the sake of argument we'll just say that anything involving robots didn't happen because Aku guided the world's technology to amass his own robot armies.

Aku has been directly responsible for some things as well, aside from his daughters.

If we are going with the assumption that robotics never advanced far enough to make those other things a problem, then it must follow that the peaceful robots who enlisted Jack's help fighting the Mondo-bot also never existed.

On top of that, it is shown numerous times that Aku employs slave labor, and without that happening, there are entire networks of human trafficking that never come to be, so you can bet that there are entire generations of people who never exist because of Aku.

So, either everyone has to live in a future with Aku and no jack because the time lines split, or the future changes and no one exists anyway. There is no happy ending where Ashi is the only casualty.
>>
>>92668439
fucking back up your statement
>>
File: Emmet Hitler.png (202KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
Emmet Hitler.png
202KB, 379x364px
>time travel is now equivalent to murder

Great scott.
>>
>>92668450
>Their whole thing was that they were enslaved by an alien race. Without Jack there, They would never have been liberated.
They would have never been on earth to be captured either.
>>
>>92668450
>casualty

Time travel doesnt cause casualties.

If you think that, than the biggest casualty would be the original timeline before Aku changed the future by getting rid of Jack.
>>
>>92668490
I just realized that this logic means Marty McFly is a time genociding monster
>>
>>92668395
Why kind of an excuse is that? It's a cartoon and for the purpose of the story we can assume they still exist without overthinking it with actual philosophical concepts.
>>
>>92668414
>says it's logical
>proceeds to say why it isn't
>>
>>92668305
>>EVERYONE IS DEAD IT'S AUTOMATICALLY THE BAD END FUCK YOU

Yep, this just confirms you're a another retarded SJfan.

How can they be dead if they never existed? I already explained to you why but I'll do it one more time and dumb it down for you.

-Jack was thrown into the Future, where Aku rules the world.
-According to the dogs, Aku has been ruling for thousands of years
-Aliens, monsters from all around the universe is now comes to earth as Aku wants to rule over them and have them worship him
-Many people throughout the years have cultures and still manage to survive in the hellhole, though they still live in fear
-Jack comes and inspires hope into the people in the future
-They begin to fight back
-Series shows their still beauty in the world worth saving even in this world of Aku
-Aku is about kill Jack, Everyone goes to save jack's life
-Ashi literally throws Jack(without any choice) into to the past and kills Aku
-Undo the Future that is Aku therefore that Future no longer exist
-Therefore All those people who may have been born int the events of Aku ruling the world no longer exist.

Lets say A bounty hunter from earth went and got married with an alien girl and had children and one of those kids grew up and befriended Jack. Because Aku no longer exist, That kid would no longer exist because the circumstances for their parents to meet have drastically changed.

Do you understand now you idiot? this is why no one cares about your fan-fiction.
>>
>>92668567
I was referring to how it's logical to state that Jack effectively killed those people by killing Aku.
>>92668551
I think that's different since McFly doesn't travel thousands of years into the future/past and undo or change drastic events that define a timeline without correcting his original mistake of making a change.
>>
>>92668573
Congrats, your counter argument and "proof" is literally as much headcanon as everyone else.
Can you prove aliens wouldn't visit the planet? After all the bug people landed on earth completely independent of Aku
Can you prove those people would then crossbreed with said aliens?
What about the dogs? Can you provide an evolutionary background to show where specifically Aku intervened.
>>
>>92668658
just fucking stop posting
>>
>>92668637
>I think that's different since McFly doesn't travel thousands of years into the future/past and undo or change drastic events that define a timeline without correcting his original mistake of making a change.
Marty doesn't correct things he changes history for himself and the people in his town. Possibly more but we don't exactly see much more.
>>
>>92668484
I can't
>>
>>92668696
Well marty got rid of those instant pizza hut pizzas so fuck him, I wanted those.
>>
>>92668688
I thought you could prove they were gone completely or do you admit that your post is as much headcanon as everything else in this thread?
>>
File: 1495382271958.jpg (17KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
1495382271958.jpg
17KB, 400x327px
>>92668658
>Literally reference things that happened in the show
>Explain why these particular circumstances came to be because of the World, Aku rules over
>"WELL UH HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS WOULDN'T HAPPEN ANYWAY"

SJfans Everyone.
>>
>>92668731
So what you're saying is that you can't prove it.
Also about the aliens, we only know that the criminals were invited by Aku and absolutely nothing of the more peaceful races.

You can't claim you have proof when what you provide has so many unexplained holes.
>>
>>92668573
>>92668731
>AKU MADE THAT FUTURE EVERYTHING IT WAS
>well how?
>NO YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE MY WORD FOR IT YOU NIGGER!
Ashifags everybody.
>>
File: 1492335293491.png (84KB, 245x316px) Image search: [Google]
1492335293491.png
84KB, 245x316px
>>92668765
>we only know that the criminals were invited by Aku and absolutely nothing of the more peaceful races.

Did you even watch the show?

Aku welcomed criminals but there we other races that came were expected to completely worship him (or thrown into the mines) Jack met plenty of people who weren't even criminals, what are you even trying to say here?

>So what you're saying is that you can't prove it.
Am I being trolled right now?

>>92668817
>AKU MADE THAT FUTURE EVERYTHING IT WAS

JACK LITERALLY says this in the show, infact that's the whole fucking premise of the show! THATS why Jack is trying to go back to the back to the past to UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU.
>>
>wah muh existence
their memory still lives on in jack, just as if they died rather than stopped existing. plus it's not like they could exist to be butthurt about not existing anyway. negating a shitty future is worth creating hope for a better past.
>>
>>92668980
Until we get confirmation from Genndy that Aku's presence was the reason all of Jack's human friends existed these people are just outraged about their headcanon of what happened in the last episode.
>>
File: 1492967912348.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492967912348.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>92669016
>Bitches about other people's headcanon and while making up his own
>>
>>92668891
>Aku welcomed criminals but there we other races that came were expected to completely worship him
Yes, as in, when they reached earth and were greeted by his machines. Can you prove that they came solely because of Aku?
Because it looks like your entire argument is based on your personal headcanon and the fact that you want them to all die.

>Am I being trolled right now?
Typical 4chan argument
>backed into a corner
>better call them a troll, ignore what they said and post the same thing again!
>>
I'm kinda surprised that people are only now thinking up theories about what would happen if Jack went back to the past and killed aku. Surely you guys should have know it could have happened just from the intro.
>>
File: 1493571327828.png (78KB, 464x470px) Image search: [Google]
1493571327828.png
78KB, 464x470px
>>92669095
>personal headcanon

Everything I wrote was DIRECTLY from the show. They even show that Butterfly effect exists in the show because Ashi vanished. Not to mention the fact Aku shit the bed when he realizes he was going to be destroyed when Jack made it into the past.

So since we established the fact the butterfly effect exist to a degree in the show, and the fact the whole premise of the show was to show how Jack wanted to undo the future Aku messed up, and I already explained numerous times. The Drones attacking, the aliens that lived on earth and was affected by Aku, the fact that Aku's future was made up of many races, relationships of all sorts were made, WITH the fact we are talking about thousands of years here.

A future without Aku and these things simply would not be, because he was destroyed in the past and therefore things are going to be completely different because of his destruction in the past.

>Backed into a corner

Right, This is coming from the same guy who has ignored everything in favor for his headcanon >>92668126 and then keeps repeating everything like the typical retard you are.

Lemme guess, next you're gonna say "U MAD?!"
>>
>>92668817
>All powerful godlike entity that no one can touch
>"I'm sure he didn't affect the universe that much"
>>
File: samuari nox.jpg (114KB, 900x798px) Image search: [Google]
samuari nox.jpg
114KB, 900x798px
>>92666086
Nox did nothing wrong.
>>
>>92669370
>not YOU DENSE FOOOOL.png
missed opportunity
>>
>>92669370
Ashi vanished because there was an essence of Aku inside her so her existence is directly linked to him being present in the future. Everything else is just headcanon idiots screaming "HE DELETED THE SCOTSMAN REEEEEE"
>>
>jack didn't kill aku before going into the past
>aku still exists, terrorizing the future after slaughtering the last remnants of anyone who would oppose him

fact: aku still existed after jack went into the past. if he would have been destroyed there would be no "whoopsie" moment, the future would have instantly vanished.
>>
>>92669431
Not only was she half Aku but she was born solely to kill Jack too.
>>
>>92668980
I feel like that makes it more fucked up. It'd be different if they literally popped out of existence and there were no memories, and they never actually existed, but the show establishes they didn't simply pop out of existence since Aku spoke after the portal closed, Ashi vanished, and Jack still has memories. What Jack did is like resetting the memory on a computer with an actual AI on it, or erasing a living drawing from a book, or if Rudy put a hose connected a fire hydrant into Chalkzone and let it rip.
While you can argue they "never existed" because the remnants of their existence are literally all gone in the medium which constitutes their existence, it's still a fucked up thing to do, especially if you have memories of the fact and know you did it.
>>
Why do people only bring up the times Jack decided not to go back (which most people hated)? There was also a number of times he tried to go back, but some bullshit prevented him.
>>
>>92669431
We know why Ashi vanished.
But there's literally no proof that everyone else survived because so many have been affected by Aku.

You don't have to made from him, to be affected by his actions. Jack literally shows Ashi the things Aku has done to fuck up with world.

How can he fuck up the world if he as destroyed in the past? If an Alien came to earth because AKu destroyed their home, why would they come to earth if their home was never destroyed?
>>
>>92669456
But it took some time for Jack to actually get back and defeat Aku.
And that's not even counting the whole ripple effect thing, based on what happened to Ashi.
>>
>>92669628
>You don't have to made from him, to be affected by his actions.
His actions don't affect the genes that make up the people anon nor does it affect their purpose in life.

Which is the problem with using Ashi as an example. We also have no idea what occurred naturally and what didn't beyond robots for obvious reasons.
>>
I agree, John Connor is also almost as bad as Skynet. Think about those poor people who grew up on a rat diet never existing.
>>
>>92667131
No Ashi would have just dropped dead if her Aku genetics meant shit, but you saw her vanishing meaning seh was erased from existence you fucking retard.
>>
>>92669621
Because the times he chose not to go back directly conflict with the ending and the overall premise of the show. Jack has every reason to go back, and he has no reason to hesitate helping or random people in a timeline he's already planned on erasing from the start.

Just saying, Jack has never had a legitimate reason to help out ANYBODY in the show if they aren't directly connected to a portal, as he was going to alter their existence at the end of the story no matter what.
>>
>>92667116
Just so you know a human is the sperm and ovum fused together. Your sperm are half of a potential person so jerking off is not killing millions of people./
>>
>>92666086
I really wish this was answered with OVA or some shit. Idk i get the whole series was about Jacks Journey, but be nice to have a complete clousure.
>>
>>92669712
>His actions don't affect the genes that make up the people anon nor does it affect their purpose in life.
They do though. Aku's actions destroyed countless civilizations and erased numerous families. Aku influenced in the end who went where, who fucked whom, and ultimately what children were born out of it. Without him the gene pool is DRASTICALLY altered.
>>
>>92669763
>and he has no reason to hesitate helping or random people in a timeline he's already planned on erasing from the start.
He's still human. The thought of someone dying for his goal is something he doesn't want to deal with which is why he's always looking for alternate methods home that don't place people in danger.
>>
>>92669818
>destroyed countless civilizations
Shit tier civilizations, any advanced society would eradicate Aku's jobbot army in seconds.
>>
>>92669712
>His actions don't affect the genes that make up the people anon nor does it affect their purpose in life.

?????

His actions affect the Future, the Future he ruled for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. We saw alll the things he did, and made earth a Refugee hellhole made up of all sorts of races. Aku was killed in the past, therefore that hell hole doesn't exist anymore.

How can a person have a purpose if they don't even exist? You're implying everyone is exactly the same just without Aku, which is complete nonsense, unless Genndy comes out and says they are then that opens a whole new can of worms.
>>
How do the entities that create souls feel about Jack changing history?
>>
>>92667275
aren't both sides fanfiction then? the "omg everyone born thanks to aku are now not born!" is just an made up excuse to be mad. knock yourself out though.
>>
>>92667446
If the choice was 'exist in a universe filled with monsters and an all-powerful evil that enslaves and tortures everyone because he's bored' or 'have a chance not to exist in the future, but everyone's significantly happier' I'd choose the latter.
>>
>>92669873
Souls don't exist
>>
>>92665373
Seriously, what was the point of dedicating so much of an episode to Da Samurai if he wasn't going to help in the final battle?

so

fucking

BAD
>>
>>92669891
They do in samurai jack for organic beings though.
>>92669881
Cause and effect dictactes the earthlings in Aku's world would not exist at all without him influencing the events that lead to them existing.

Butterfly boy and girl on the otherhand still exist due Aku having nothing to do with their existence at all.
>>
>>92668383
This entire thread is about the complaint of going back to the past at all.
Also he was "forced" back after all of his allies in the battle other than the scottswomen were dead.
>>
>>92667492
id rather have a slow painful death then chill in Valhalla for eternity rather than some asshole invalidating my life ande death, yeah.
>>
>>92668354
those timelines theoretically do not exist, jack was never thrown into them.

if jack was thrown into those theoretical timelines, then they would matter, but since that never happened, they don't. Future aku timeline was the "right" timeline before Jack invalidated everything by going back to the past.

Going to the future is a lot less complicated than going to the past.
>>
People claim that future AKU is bad.
Shows throughout the show people living peacefully.
Ravers have eternal party with free electricity.
The Archers have a nice idealistic home.
The Wolly live free and without fear.
At most people have one bad encounter with AKU influence then live the rest of their lives free and happy.
>>
>>92669922
>4 minutes
>To closure for ex-villains
>Which empathizes the good Jack has done for the world
>This triggers the 4chan sperg

Mysteries of life
>>
>>92669431
if this was true at all then she would've died when they killed aku.
>>
>>92669941
I guarantee you'd be begging for death after the first week in the torture dungeon.
>>
>>92668383
>Can't say goodbye to his friends because they were all fucking dead
>Brought to the past by Ashi before Aku could interfere
>Sad ending otherwise more autists would sperg over the "forced" romance, so lose-lose
>>
>>92669891
hey you're retarded my guy
>>92669992
>4 minutes
So 20% of an episode.
>empathizes the good Jack has done for the world
You mean as if that wasn't obvious enough already? His story doesn't emphasize shit, hes just there for fanservice.
>>
>>92670015
Dramatic reasons m8. This is why we shouldn't think too hard about butterfly effect without any evidence.
>>
>>92669881
>made up excuse
If you went back in time and made sure the comet that killed the dinosaurs didn't hit the earth and cause an ice age we couldn't even be sure that humans would exist.
If you went back in time and killed Ghengis Khan, you can be sure all members of the current European and Asian population carrying his genes wouldn't exist, and people carrying the genes of the men that traveled with him wouldn't exist.
If you went back in time and prevented the Black Plague, you seriously couldn't be sure that most European people would exist today because their ancestors may have linked up with someone else instead of the few people who didn't get killed.
If you went back in time and stopped the slaughter of the native americans, we wouldn't have the US or any of the people born here as a result of the unions of people from different cultures or backgrounds meeting here.

Some things you seriously can't change (unless you don't care about the lives existing in the present) because they are too important to the timeline, no matter how evil you may think what happened in the past is. In the world of Samurai Jack, Aku is one of those things.
>>
>>92669992
It would've been neat if some of them were from past episodes, like the bounty hunters or the pig sheriff
>>
>>92669941
>id rather have a slow painful death then chill in Valhalla for eternity
You're in Aku's future. You'd be burning in hell for all eternity because you're forced to do depraved acts.
>>
>>92670042
Of course I would, whatever lets me chill and fuck Valkyries forever quicker would be cool :)
>>
>>92670089
>hell
Doesnt exist in Jack's world.
>>
>>92669628
Even without Aku Scotsman is probably a badass with celtic magic and runes on his sides
>>
>>92670070
>dramatic reasons

you can be dramatic without wiping the script with your ass gendy
>>92670089
>forced to do depraved acts

uh no, there are plenty of normal functioning beings in Aku's universe. Most of the "evil" things were robots, remember?

OH you only watched season 5.. gotcha..
>>
>>92670073
This.

But here's going to be your response from the Genndy Defense Force.

"NAAAAH ALL THOSE THINGS WOULD STILL EXIST BUT STILL BE DIFFERENT AND AT LEAST ALL THOSE PEOPLE WOULDN'T DIE"
>>
>>92670100
>demon's exist
>but hell can't

>>92670125
>there are plenty of normal functioning beings in Aku's universe.
Not really no, you only really get somewhere if you're a merc otherwise you're struggling to survive in a mud hut or some kind of hidden slum.
>>
>>92670094
You'd get there after 50 years of torture during which you'll wish Jack erased you from existence. You'll be a broken husk in the afterlife, enjoy.
>>
File: Three_Blind_Archers_home.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Three_Blind_Archers_home.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>92670176
> you're struggling to survive in a mud hut or some kind of hidden slum.
>>
File: 1472530837156.png (370KB, 778x756px) Image search: [Google]
1472530837156.png
370KB, 778x756px
>>92669991
>Ravers have eternal party with free electricity.

after being saved from a servent of aku..by jack

>The Archers have a nice idealistic home.
after being freed from aku..by jack

The Wolly live free and without fear.

after being freed from a race that aku brought ..by jack

did you even watch the fucking show
>>
>>92670234
>literally just domes on the side of a mountain
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>92670176
>demon is a christian only thing
Hang yourself.
>>
File: 1495414445983.jpg (14KB, 291x291px) Image search: [Google]
1495414445983.jpg
14KB, 291x291px
>>92670258
>>92670258
>Say the only way to survive is in a mud hut struggling to survive
>Show them living in open view on a fucking mountain, episode shows even more living in peace
>"Well UH its just domes in the side of a mountain"

I guess Indigenous people who live in tents for hundreds of years is just struggling to survive right?
>>
>>92670284
>thinking hell is a christian only concept
>>
>>92669888
>have a chance to not exist
It's not "a chance." A major change in world events like that would result in an ENTIRELY different future and literally everyone you ever knew, loved, or hated would be dead.
>>
>>92669991
Have you considered that the reason these guys are happy is because of Aku being occupied with Jack? Do you remember that directly or indirectly, their lives were shit and were going to be shit for life until Jack came.

Have you also considered that there were plenty who didn't get saved by Jack due to him not being around or arriving too late? Aku's future was absolutely shit unless you were an evil bastard or Jack crossed your path.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-25-01-06-06.png (291KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-25-01-06-06.png
291KB, 960x540px
>>92665373
You know that Jack's culture believed in reincarnation right?

By this logic, their souls are eternal and even if you didn't ignored butterfly effect ( that Genndy and most writters ignore anyway ) their souls would still exist in the future.

Hell, the finale might even point to that because LADYBUGS in Japanese culture are the symbols of lovers that will meet AGAIN.
>>
>>92670350
What about the village scatbot wiped out? Boy, a future where that happens regularly sure is nice.
>>
>>92669991
>this entire post
You literally didn't even watch the show, why are you arguing at all?
>>
>>92670479
Fuck your butterfly shit. With Samurai Jack being a universe of faith and magic, there is very real chance that in spite of Aku's influence being lost, everyone not spawned from Aku's loins will exist again. They may not be the exact same people personality wise, but they will still be those people. And they will happily in a world not fucked by Aku and his flunkies. And on top of that, all those people over a thousand years who lived and died miserably under Aku can live proper lives.
>>
File: 1492642680726.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492642680726.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>92670509
>even if you didn't ignored butterfly effect ( that Genndy and most writters ignore anyway )

FUCKING THIS.

MOST TV SHOWS IGNORE AND CHERRY PICK BUTTERFLY EFFECT. WHY PEOPLE ONLY CARE WHEN SAMURAI JACK DOES THIS?

Jackie Chan for example had Sheedy rewritting the future and the past 2 times, and all characters still existed on them.

Mystery Inc did the same.

Dexter's Laboratory from GENNDY did the same.

The ONLY THING that you need to negate and abuse butterfly effect is just ignoring it, which most cartoon writters do.
>>
>>92670479
Would that really be worse than say, preventing a nuclear apocalypse from happening?
>>
>>92670176
show me proof in the show of hell existing
>>
>>92670621
Arguably yes, especially if you travelled to a future where you see people living fulfilled lives thousands of years in the future in a post apocalyptic world. It'd be different if you didn't see those people, and you were traveling back, say 5 years to prevent the nuclear holocaust and you knew for certain everyone was suffering, but it's a fucked up thing to do well after the fact when you know people are relatively content and willing to work with what they've got. It's sort of like the ignorance is bliss saying. There's no harm if you didn't actually see that far ahead in the future.
>>
>>92670514
it didn't have to regularly happen if jack stayed though :)
>>92670602
we wouldn't ignore it if one of the characters literally disappeared because of butterfly effect you.. you... DOUBLE KING
>>
>>92670245
why did jack save everyone if he was just going to erase them
>>
>>92670844
Because he's good to a fault.
>>
>>92670549
but anon that doesn't make any sense.

"A universe of faith and magic." So what would be happening, here? Every relationship between every ancestor would still be formed, they would for some reason diddle at the same time with the same genetic material despite completely different diets, and then each baby wins the same 1/1,000,000,000 dice roll that it's their sperm that pierces the zygote? Across every person in the universe?

We're not even talking about the butterfly effect here. This isn't a fucking butterfly, it's a fucking DARK OVERLORD WHO SHAPES THE ENTIRE WORLD TO HIS EVIL WILL. Everything is affected. If these people aren't free to live their lives in a way that's going to result in changes to the future then what was even the point of stopping Aku? You're literally just saying "yeah but what if it happened anyway" when there's literally no sane path of reasoning, magic or otherwise, that would lead to that happening.
>>
>>92670810
>we wouldn't ignore it if one of the characters literally disappeared because of butterfly effect you.. you... DOUBLE KING

Even if all the other characters stayed, Ashi would desapear anyway because she is Aku's daughter.

You can't just make "her parents meet again on other ways" like you could do with any other character. When we weren't sure yet that she was literally his daughter, plenty of people believed that she would be on the future with some random dad once the time line changed.
>>
File: AKU WINS.png (101KB, 748x704px) Image search: [Google]
AKU WINS.png
101KB, 748x704px
>>92666086
Fighting against Aku in the hopes that your children could one day live in a better world.

Only to have everything, including yourself, your children, your ancestors, your culture, traditions and society to never exist.

One day Jack will realize what he has done, and he will either continue on, proving that nothing he experience whilst in the future ever mattered. Or he will break down due to the horrific realization that everything he experience has been exterminated due to his own actions.

The series should have ended with Jack and his friends rebuilding the world, not with jack destroying it.
>>
>>92670916
Not him, but you know that most shows ignore butterfly effect right?

Jack Chan literally remade the universe with demons being kings for thousand years...and all the named characters were still there.
>>
>>92670975
And then he'll laugh to himself after realizing he also saved trillions of people killed by Aku over the years.
>>
>>92670975
Nah, Jack will be happy seeing the bright future that he created.

Kind of the point of the cherry tree scene, instead of only one to remember the beauty of the world (he), the hills were full of them (the lives of all the people from the past and their good legacy for the better future for trillions lifes).
>>
>>92670985
That's retarded. But this is even worse.

Aku supposedly took countless lives. So what about those people?

You're telling me those millions of dead and enslaved people aren't going to enter the love mix and result in new relationships?

Are the people who died and were enslaved in the other timeline just doomed to either never find love or mingle with the other people who died/were enslaved because everyone else was already taken by some magic cosmic force that intentionally tries to keep things consistent with a timeline that never happened?
>>
>>92671144
This is a cartoon with silly talking dogs and Hannah Barbera cameos.
>>
>>92671144
Are you really an autist like that? This is the part where people just say "who fucking cares"?
>>
>>92671144
The instinctive thing to say is that it just didn't influenced the other relationships to the point of eliminating any other people (even if it added other people).

Just do what every other cartoon and comic does and ignore it. If you take time travel to its conclusions, nothing makes sense anyway, and Genndy showed on Ego Trip that he doesn't give a fuck for autistic reasonings for impossible things.

And neither do most people that work on cartoons.
>>
>It's another "autists bitch about the erased time line in a time travel show" episode
>>
>>92671286
Yeah, time travel is an inherently broken idea mainly because we have no idea how it would function.
>>
>>92671216
I'll stop being autistic when people stop trying to suck Genndy's dick by trying to make up for his shitty nightmare-tier ending with implausible-deniability. It wasn't a "bittersweet" ending - those people fucking died. None of them are going to exist.

And if you're saying they will because "it's magic I ain't gotta explain shit" then you're a retard. Assuming that any of those people ever are going to exist, then it's an entirely new universe with millions of people who suddenly weren't killed by Aku. And then what fucking happens?

Jack murdered more people than Aku. People that fought with Jack because they thought he was going to save them. Awful show.
>>
>>92671466
>I've never experienced a time travel plot in my life
It ALWAYS ends with something like that anon.
>>
>>92670896
right then he shouldnt have erased everyone.
>>
File: 1492112677582.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492112677582.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>92671466
>I'll stop being autistic
You wouldn't, because you wee born autistic.

I'm not insulting you, I'm literally saying that you act like an autistic person.

Because normal people can understand one of the most common tropes of time travel plots, and not go insane with anger because of it.

It is MORE COMMON to cherry pick butterfly effect in fiction than the opposite. I'm starting to think that you are baiting because this is dumb as fuck.
>>
>looperstraws.mkv
>>
>>92670938
are you seriously implying that after centuries of aku rule, some of these characters could still be birthed by people who would literally not meet eachother otherwise?

nice improbable headcanon. All the characters in the future are bound to Aku just like Ashi.
>>
>>92671630
Everyone was dead and they expected him to right the wrong of Aku in the past.
In other words they gave him their blessing.
>>
File: 1493073374722.gif (3MB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
1493073374722.gif
3MB, 300x228px
>>92671679
It's not Headcanon, I'm not even saying that it happened.

I'm just explaining to you what MOST shows do. The only thing that people need to do to avoid all of this confusion that is driven you mad is saying "whatever I will do this way", because when you are a writter you are in charge of what happens or not. If you don't like? Eat a bullet, because this is the most common trope on time travel stories and most people don't give a fuck.
>>
>>92671685
>everyone was dead
wrong
>they expected him to right the wrong of aku

How? All the time portals are destroyed. Were they expecting a time portal to magically show up in Aku's lair via Girlfriend ex Machina?

If they gave them his blessing, why was the Scotsman talking about plans for the future if he supposedly knew he wasnt going to exist anyway?

You're just wrong dude, sorry.
>>
In another time line, there's anger over Jack not going back instead.
>>
>>92671778
>you dont like shitty cliche writing? lol then u should kill urself

great insight
>>
>>92671778
It's even dumber because Samurai Jack universe work on extremely idealistic tropes.

>>92671679
Just change things a little. Instead of Scotman meeting his wife after slaying a dragon, he met her in a bar after getting an Olympic medal. Done, just gave you an alternate explanation that is even close to the tone of the show.

>>92671808
This too.
>>
>>92671798
You do realise your entire post relies on a fact they had no way of knowing right?
>>
>>92671656
5 genndy points have been deposited into your paypal account
>>
>>92671843
>cliche

The show is FULL of cliches. To begin with, the MC is a righteous warrior fighting a pure evil sorcerer with a magical sword.
>>
>>92667430
>"Uncharted: drakes fortune"
>Wow he doesn't get a fortune at the end, what a shit game
>>
>>92671843
If you act like a triggered fag literally shaking because of standart time travel plot...yes, the problem is with you.
>>
File: 1495594247619.jpg (68KB, 258x302px) Image search: [Google]
1495594247619.jpg
68KB, 258x302px
>>92671928
Not an argument.

Pic related.
>>
>>92671938
You forgot the part where he was the chosen one.
>>
>>92671887
How?
>>92672007
>muh unfunny comedy kids action show is similar to samurai jack bc they go back in time
>>
>>92668529
>original timeline before Aku changed the future
there was no other timeline besides the future that is Aku.
Aku took over, and ruled the world for thousands of years, that is what happened. The potential "non aku" future that was on it's way was no more a casualty than the potential "Jashi-spawn" filled future that was on it's way.
However, changing the past to affect the present led to a casualty of all the people living in the present.
>>
>>92672007
That episode had a time travel plot that adhered to the butterfly affect. Every future timeline character introduced in that episode, including all the main character's children, were never seen again.
>>
>>92671938
Yes, and season 5 promised to subvert some of that.

It stop caring about not being cliche past the first 2-3 episodes.
>>
>every time Jack encounters a portal and no one is in need of help near it, he tries to use it
>does this even in this season
Going back sure is out of character for Jack. Remember muh monks?
>>
>>92672056
>there was no other timeline besides the future that is Aku.
Except, you know, the original timeline before Aku tampered with it by sending jack into the future.
>>
>>92672051
This is bait right?

>>92672064
I'm talking about the argument that woild inply that Numbuh 4 would have been making a "genocide" and was in the wrong for going back in time.
>>
>>92672127
Yeah, but the lives in Aku's future are more important because reasons.
>>
>>92672084
But they didn't? If anything, Genndy said the opposite and said that it would keep the same spirit: literal classic epic story.
>>
>>92672223
If you hadn't noticed already the people complaining only watched season 5.
>>
>>92667016
Well presumably if there was an afterlife, assuming gods and such, wouldn't they be able to pull souls out of a fading timeline?
>>
>>92672175
KND was much more serious than Samurai Jack, though. Those kids had fucking honor. They knew full and well that they were sacrificing themselves for the greater good. Not like in Samurai Jack, where ol' Scottsman thought he was going to hook Jackiboy up with one of his daughters right before he deleted all of them from existence.
>>
>>92672292
The sad thing is, you're absolutely right.
>>
>>92672127
There was no other timeline. whether or not it was on it's way, It was a potential future, and Aku's actions in the present impacted how said future turned out. It simply didn't happen yet, and you can't undo something that has not happened.
>>
File: consider_the_following.gif (458KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.gif
458KB, 500x281px
For everyone that seriously doesn't get how Jack fucked up by killing Aku please ponder the following question:

In Chalkzone, if there were an episode where Rudy went on vacation for a whole summer and came back and found that the Bully got a hold of the magic chalk and drew demented evil shit all summer all over Chalkzone, would it be OK for Rudy to come in with a hose, spray all of Chalkzone down to ground zero, erase all people in Chalkzone from existence, and then try to redraw where things left off at the beginning of the summer?
Even if there were still people in Chalkzone living happy lives in the face of the demented add-ons, and willing to fight to reclaim their land? Would it really be morally OK for Rudy to kill all of his friends and bring Chalkzone back to the pre-Summer state by hitting the reset button like that? Especially if he knows everyone faded from existence and has memories of it?
>>
>>92672292
Okay, this is bait.
>>
>>92672555
So you are saying that EVERY TIME that a character get back in time to save the future he is "worse than Hitler" and should never had done that?
>>
>>92672528
>and you can't undo something that has not happened.
So then why are you lot complaining about Jack "erasing" one timeline?
By your same logic that timeline didn't happen
>>
>>92672605
Depending on number of lives knowingly being erased and the known quality of those lives, yes.
>>
>>92672555
>In Chalkzone, if there were an episode where Rudy went on vacation for a whole summer and came back and found that the Bully got a hold of the magic chalk and drew demented evil shit all summer all over Chalkzone, would it be OK for Rudy to come in with a hose, spray all of Chalkzone down to ground zero, erase all people in Chalkzone from existence, and then try to redraw where things left off at the beginning of the summer?
That's not even remotely the same situation dumbass.
>>
>>92672646
How isn't it? This is effectively what Jack does, especially since he literally still has memories of the future that is Aku.
>>
>>92672616
He is retarded and is baiting.

>>92672641
So what is important is the NUMBER?
>>
>>92672555
>Even if there were still people in Chalkzone living happy lives
People in Samurai Jack were predominantly homeless street rats and living in poverty in the countryside ready and waiting to get fucked up by some assigned space criminal.
That's not happy living, that's waiting for the inevitable.
>>
>>92672661
It isn't because you are on the present.

I is no different than saying that by not getting back on time you are letting Aku rape somebody in front of you.
>>
>>92665373
Ashi getting SAMORAI'D art when?
>>
>>92672605
It really depends, If it is something like preventing a nuclear apocalypse that leaves the earth a barren radioactive mad max esque wasteland, then it is worth undoing.
Aku's future, however dystopian, was a functioning society with many communities that had many places that were beautiful and shown to either have already been built up despite aku, or possible to repair.
Many of these locations were shown in this season as a "nostalgia wank"
>>
>>92672616
Its all linear, there are no coexisting timelines, as evidenced by Ashi disappearing. And once something happens, it should stay that way and serve as a lesson to future generations in some way. Erase the event, and you erase the lesson.
>>
>>92672723
>was a functioning society
I don't know what your definition of a functioning society is but it certainly isn't the society created by Aku where Wizards can turn you into chickens on a whim and just about everything of worth has been cursed by Aku.

In fact it only started getting better when Jack appeared and it was still too far gone.
>>
>>92672561
https://youtu.be/xEO3RzH9Ht4?t=1283

No, it isn't. If SJ S05E10 was this real we wouldn't be bitching.
>>
>>92672712
/aco/ has basically abandoned samurai jack threads out of depression over the ending.
The people who draw good art of Ashi don't tend to be the ones who wished for her death.
>>
File: mike teevee.png (41KB, 186x156px) Image search: [Google]
mike teevee.png
41KB, 186x156px
>they think the show's over.
>>
>>92672664
I'd say if the number of lives lost are in the same ballpark for changing vs not changing and if you see happy people at all, it's really not worth it to try and change the past.

>>92672697
Being in the "present" really doesn't make it different, considering time is just the perceived change of the state of the Universe. Ergo nuking the reality that is Chalkzone as mentioned and rebooting from a different statr literally is the same scenario. Not to mention Jack presently has memories of his past in the Future that was Aku. It all still happens on some level, and Jack deleted those people.
>>
>>92667446
Think of it this way: if Jack hadn't killed Aku in the past, would you exist now?
>>
>>92672670
There were plenty of episodes which showed people living fulfilling lives, what are you going on about?
>>
>>92666086
Well.....yeah.
Why bother saving them or interacting with them at all? Just kill Aku, go home, kill Aku again. They end up the same way no matter what.
>>
everything was so rushed.
there's no way this show is over.
right?
>>
>>92672901
>There were plenty of episodes which showed people living fulfilling lives
No, no there wasn't. Not until Jack came along.
>>
>>92672782
>Archers village
>woolies repaired community after being freed
>the desert village with a trade square and public transport system
>the rave castle
>the scottish castle
in the original series
>City of aku, while corrupt had a public school system where kids were clearly able to enjoy their childhood innocence
>Triseraquin society
>Ape village
I really don't feel like listing every single one but my point is that even with Aku, these places were holding together, and without aku+plus the leadership of Jack and Ashi, the world could unite into a golden age.
>>
>>92666086
It is a pretty dick move for Jack.
>>
>>92669712
Monkey man is guaranteed a different person without Aku there to enslave his original family. He'd have no reason to be adopted by apes.
>>
>>92670101
Wishful thinking.
He's probably Groundskeeper Willie or just really into soccer.
>>
>>92673015
>while corrupt
You see this?
This is the problem with the majority of the future. There were life altering or even ending dangers on every turn as well mind you. And you were always under the watchful eye of Aku himself.
>Triseraquin society
You mean the people who lived above the sea until Aku sunk them and made them his bitch?
That society?
>Ape village
You might want to look at that "village" again
>>
File: Rick.png (154KB, 243x439px) Image search: [Google]
Rick.png
154KB, 243x439px
WHAT ABOUT THE TIMELINE WHERE AKU CURED CANCER, JACK?

THE ANSWER IS DON'T THINK ABOUT IT

AND GIVE ME YOUR SATURDAY TIMESLOT
>>
>>92666086
Well why not? It won't matter who he kills once he resets the future. He would have already gotten to the past 50 years earlier if he had just jumped into that one portal instead of turning back to save those monks
>>
>>92673192
>There were life altering or even ending dangers on every turn as well mind you.
Speaking of did everyone forget that because of Aku's influence there was monster that could devour a mountain roaming about in the world?
>>
>>92672084
>Yes, and season 5 promised to subvert some of that.
...Dude I loathe the ending but season 5 doubled down on the cliches. Time Skip into Beard of Sadness into Important Haircut and Defusing the Tykebomb.

Genndy just opened up a few random TV tropes pages and that was it. Season five was so devoid of originality that it's finale ends with ripping off Lord of the Rings and Gurren Lagaan.
>>
>>92672605
Let me answer your question with another question.
How many time travel stories go "Stop fucking with the time stream and just accept your life for what it is"?
Because most of the ones that come to mind are that and it's probably for a good reason.
>>
>>92666086
Why did Jack waste his time saving so many people like a retard when he was going to erase them anyway?
>>
File: 1284443150709.jpg (20KB, 213x211px) Image search: [Google]
1284443150709.jpg
20KB, 213x211px
>>92673382
because they needed more seasons
>>
>>92673346
>How many time travel stories go "Stop fucking with the time stream and just accept your life for what it is"?
About zero.
>>
>>92673192
> There were life altering or even ending dangers on every turn as well mind you.
only being propagated by Aku's allowance of it, take out Aku and send a message that Jack will not tolerate it, and the dangers will drop immensely. EVERYONE in the world knows how dangerous of a combatant jack is and how vigilant he is to defend the innocent.
>And you were always under the watchful eye of Aku himself.
Kill aku and this danger is no longer an issue
>You mean the people who lived above the sea until Aku sunk them and made them his bitch?
With aku dead they could come back to the surface(if they don't have the technology, someone does)
>You might want to look at that "village" again
you're gonna have to be more specific if you want me to provide a fair counterpoint
>>
>>92670975
He will literally forget everything since it never happened. So he will never regret anything.
>>
>>92673516
>only being propagated by Aku's allowance of it
Aku is the only thing keeping things stable out of fear you idiot. What do you think is going to happen once he's taken out?
There's going to be wars erupting all over the place trying to fill the power gap because unlike Aku Jack can't be everywhere at once.
>>
File: E7V3L4ml.jpg (12KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
E7V3L4ml.jpg
12KB, 289x289px
>>92666086
I know this is a shitpost, but he might as well have killed them, in the end it didn't matter

he did kill everyone because they came to save him kek
>>
>>92673427
Steins;Gate 0 explores doing just that for a while. Though in this case it's the wrong decision.
>>
>>92673658
People all over the planet respect Jack, even people to whom he has literally ripped a new asshole. Absolutely no one had a Grudge against Jack himself, and those who went after him were promised practically limitless fortunes.
The infrastructure under Aku was also fairly self sustaining, but guided by Aku's general will. And if people only work for him out of fear, I'm sure nobody will be against transferring executive power to Jack.
>>
>>92667092
>headcanon
If it's not shown in the show, it doesn't count.
>>
>>92666086
And Jack saved the world from thousands of year of death and terror. You ever notice how few humans live in the Samurai Jack universe?
>>
>>92673919
it's not that there aren't many humans, it's just there are a lot of other species and it would be boring to focus on humans.
>>
>>92668519
Okay, so what, an entire community of woolies evolves somewhere else instead? you cant displace a whole society and not expect that to have an effect on the development, including which mating pairs form.

OR, they never exist, in which case, yeah, not the happiest thing either
>>
File: In-the-Name-of-Humanity.jpg (396KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
In-the-Name-of-Humanity.jpg
396KB, 750x600px
Are you people really, actually triggered over Jack changing the Future? Are you this mad the show threw you a curveball?
>>
>>92676108
I'm just mad that they built up an interesting character for the entire season just to give her the most half assed and cruel "death" that has ever occurred in the show.
>>
>>92676744
>an interesting character
Who?
>>
File: cousin skeeter ponders.jpg (43KB, 433x501px) Image search: [Google]
cousin skeeter ponders.jpg
43KB, 433x501px
>>92673218
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.