[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jack sent everyone he knew into nonexistence. Jack created

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

File: 6e8.png (608KB, 1122x1061px) Image search: [Google]
6e8.png
608KB, 1122x1061px
Jack sent everyone he knew into nonexistence. Jack created a death cult.
>>
>death cult
How does something that never existed die?
That's like saying every load you blow into a rag is a life murdered
>>
>>92658020
It is genocide though
>>
File: The Real Scotsman.png (3MB, 960x6480px) Image search: [Google]
The Real Scotsman.png
3MB, 960x6480px
>>92656618
>>
>>92656618

Counterpoint: He also CREATED every life that would ever be born into the new timeline who would otherwise never have had a chance to enjoy their lives since under Aku's rule, their parents, grandparents etc would have never met.
>>
>>92658020
>That's like saying every load you blow into a rag is a life murdered
Say this to a conservative Christian, I want to see their veins pop out of their skull.
>>
>>92656618
>Jack created a death cult.

I'd love to know who the members of this supposed cult are.
>>
>Go back in time
>Prevent genocide from occurring
>Somehow become responsible for genocide instead???
I don't understand your guys logic.

Undoing the future that is Aku has literally been the point of the entire series. Are you supposed to seriously allow a dystopia to arise just cause you liked its resistance?
>>
>>92658055
I don't think you guys get it. It wasn't just the people that helped Jack that will no longer exist, it's LITERALLY EVERYBODY.
>>
>>92658227

Presumably in a world without Aku at the helm, there will be less strife. Fewer people dying from a capricious and tyrannical rule. That means more births.

Which means that he's created vastly more life than has been lost. And most likely happier, better lives at that.
>>
>>92658227
I don't. Explain please.
>>
>>92656618
>you will never have blue doggo family
>or feel blue loli doggo's vulva on the back of your neck
>>
>>92656618
Who cares? Only Scaramouche and the emoji doggos were worth anything.
>>
They didn't die, they live their lives on their home planet, without being space refugees
>>
>>92658250
>Fewer people dying from a capricious and tyrannical rule.
more people dying from dumb accidents and stupidity since they're less concerned with their survival in times of peace
>>
>>92658055

This is the proper attitude to take. Who would be so selfish that they would value their own existence so highly that they would argue against preventing the hellish dystopia into which they were born just to preserve their own miserable existence? Who would say that their life of misery and suffering was worth more than a world where such misery never occurred?
>>
File: CtvEy1GWAAAIJ93.jpg (38KB, 409x513px) Image search: [Google]
CtvEy1GWAAAIJ93.jpg
38KB, 409x513px
>>92658020
Are you seriously implying that masturbation isn't murder?
>>
>>92656618
He didn't kill anyone, he made a better future. They'll still exist, somewhere, just not under aku.
>>
>>92658263

Presumably any alien who is a second-generation immigrant or later is never born either since the specific circumstances which caused their parents to meet on Earth never took place either.
>>
>>92658104
> all the Hitlers of the future never came to be because Aku kept them in check
>>
>>92658123
> Aku was the spiral king of Jack's universe
>>
>>92658314
All the hitlers of the future worked for aku, to make the world more twisted, and make giant metal bugs to kill jack
>>
>>92658290
>They'll still exist, somewhere, just not under aku.

It seems that after the first generation or two past Jack's time, history would be changed so dramatically due to the absence of Aku's oppressive rule that the circumstances under which specific couples meet would also be altered. Different people would meet one another and fall in love. Have different children. Different grandchildren. Over the course of centuries the changes ripple further and further out across the globe as the fates of nations are altered in large, meaningful ways. Soldiers who died fighting Aku get to live long enough to have children who would never otherwise be born. They go on to woo women who would otherwise have fallen in love with other men and had different children. Communities otherwise destroyed instead thrive for centuries and thus people who might otherwise meet and fall in love as refugees from destroyed communities never meet and their children are never born.

After a couple of hundred years, I'd wager that not one person born in Aku's timeline would exist in Jack's new timeline.
>>
>>92658314

Most of them would never be born. Other hitlers would be born in their place, because humanity has a remarkable capacity for producing barbarians and psychopaths, but they would be born into a world of greater peace and prosperity where their cruelty and violence would find less-fertile soil to take root in. They would thrive less because this would be a world which would reject such barbarism to a greater degree.

And even those who found a way to take advantage of the hate in the average man's heart would at least be merely human and thus could be dealt with in common human ways rather than being towering, immortal demons.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 852x480px
>>92658353
There's no pleasing you.

Just because the same timeline doesn't exist doesn't mean its not a better future. For earth at least, but who cares about alien scum
>>
>>92658288
>Christ-tan
BACK TO /trash/ YOU GO, YOU PURITAN WHORE
>>
File: ?.gif (34KB, 181x222px) Image search: [Google]
?.gif
34KB, 181x222px
>>92658020
>implying that having a wet dream isn't manslaughter
>>
>>92658397
Butterufry effectu, young grasshopperu!
>>
Even if the world I lived in was a hellish dystopia, it would be my world. It would be the place I was born and raised. The place where I fell in love, the place where I watched children grow.

I wouldn't want that undone. What I'd yearn for is hope for a better tomorrow - not a yesterday I'll never know. "Correcting" history as one pleases, effectively erasing everything I'd ever known, ever would know, is simply tyrannical.
>>
>>92658397

Oh don't get me wrong; I'm not arguing that what Jack did was wrong. Far from it. I'm just saying that even if it is a better future, it's a future which none of the people we met in the future will ever get to see.

It's definitely an overall good, just one born of significant sacrifice.
>>
>>92658353
Why people ignore that Genndy usually always ignore Butterfly Effect?
>>
>>92658531

Then you're saying that your happiness is of greater value and importance than preventing a hundred generations of suffering.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to that opinion, but I am saying it's a selfish one.
>>
>>92656618
>Gotta get back, back to past

Were you fucks just seething through every episode of Samurai Jack as he's trying to find a way back to the past?

>WHAT IS HE DOING HES GOING TO ERASE EVERYONE REEEEE
>>
>>92658577

I don't think there's anything wrong with being "selfish" if it's a selfishness born of the love for the people you cherish.

If anything, that's exactly why I can't begrudge Jack. His real goal wasn't ever really saving the future. What haunted him over the last half century were visions of his home, of his family. What Jack really wanted to save was the past. What he really wanted to do was return to the people he cherished. With that at the base of his heart, I find his selfishness agreeable. If he was playing God, choosing one history over the other on a whim or some misplaced sense of Justice, I'd find it entirely reprehensible - but there's nothing wrong with a lost child wanting to go home.
>>
File: 4fc.png (144KB, 539x941px) Image search: [Google]
4fc.png
144KB, 539x941px
>>92658299
But now instead of being driven to extinction there is probably a healthy population of emojis out in space.
>>
>>92658055
PLOT TWIST
It works like Rick and Morty, Ashi and Jack just got sent into a different dimension.
>>
>>92661425
That makes less sense than her ceasing to exist.
>>
>>92658227
I don't think YOU realize Aku didn't just ruin Earth, he literally destroyed other planets and forced the alien inhabitants to come to Earth. Ten thousand Jane and Joes not being born any more doesn't matter in the face of a billion Narnarks and Xenoprobes.
>>
>>92658283
EVERYONE
Shit happens, people move on. That's how the world works.

The people that were born into that world had the right to exist. The people that died to Aku, died to Aku! Jack's actions were remarkably selfish. Why not go back in time and solve any and every tragedy that has ever happened?
>>
>>92658055
now post the part where he turns around and sees all of his daughters getting evaporated in front of his eyes crying and screaming that they don't want to die and begging for their dad to help them.
>>
>>92661665
>I will let Aku kill billions and make a WORSE timeline because muh future, when I have all the means to fix that

You are a sociopath.
>>
>>92658283
I thought the whole point of this season was that Jack was the selfish one for being so obsessed with going back to the past that it nearly cost him his chance to stop aku at all.
>>
>>92661729
OOC as fuck.
>>
>>92658577
Not anymore selfish than believing that the natural order of things should be reversed for your sake alone. Tragedy shapes people, and it obviously shaped Jack's world. Saying "Oh, but this specific tragedy needs to be undone" is hypocritical, and is valuing a bunch of dead people over an infinity of future people.
>>
>>92661757
>You are selfish for wanting to help way more people than any other person on the world ever could, while going throuth endless suffering to achieve that.
>>
>>92658283
Someone who's thinking about the mass of lives that currently exist and those lives that existed in a world where they did find some happiness even though it was ruled by Aku. Akus future seriously was not the hellscape they try to make it out to be, and undoing suffering for people who are already dead is dumb as hell. You could simply defeat Aku and fix the future for the people who exist instead of making them far more gruesome end of the universe style death.
>>
>>92661784
Man, I can picture how hilarious it would be you, in front of Aku, shielding him from Jack after he got into the past, and saying this bulshit.
>>
>>92661665
If nuclear war destroyed the planet, most of its resources, and whatever was left of humanity was struggling to cling on while the only hint of civilization were mini law-less societies around the world, would you actually not sacrifice your own existence for the chance of a time traveler going back and undoing it all?
>>
>>92661763
For who? We don't know the Scotsman's daughters too well so I wouldn't call that OOC at all if they were literally screaming in agony as they got fucking evaporated from the fabric of the universe.
>>
>>92661804
So you are saying that Flash should have left the world like on Flashpoint? That Terminator should have let assassins kill the hope for the future? That any time that a hero goes back in the past to prevent a dystopia world and create a BETTER timeline, he is in the wrong?
>>
>>92658055
>people so mad at the ending they actually drew up their own alt ending

that's some dedicated fan fiction.
>>
>>92661665
Aku took over the world, killing billions, and you just give up and say "shit happens" because you're too much of a coward to make the train car change tracks in the trolley dilemma?

You faggots are ridiculous. Oh no i'll let billions die because even though i'm the only person with the means to undo that because i dont want to be responsible for anything
>>
>>92661746
Aku murdered people, I wouldn't have.

But I also wouldn't have decided to literally erase thousands of years of history to alter things that were already set. The timeline of the future that's post tragedy isn't worth less than the one where tragedy doesn't exist.

Basically everything good that happened in those years, or would happen in the future, was taken away, literally destroyed because Jack felt like his world deserved it more.
>>
>>92661665
Yeah but that's because they don't have the power to actually change the past. This posits a world that can work with altering the past. Billions of people would go back in time to avert tragedies if they had the ability to.
And Jack did nothing wrong. There are no ethical ramifications to what he did in a world where reincarnation definitely exists.
>>
>>92661866
Technically, yeah. Samurai Jack just makes it worse because we actually SEE people living happy and fulfilled lives in this future. In movies like Terminator, it's not as bad because the situation isn't as far in the future so less of the overall timeline is being changed and everyone is clearly in pain.
>>
>>92661882
>Aku murdered people
Stop with this nonsense.
>>
>>92661784
But they arent dead people. Jack goes back and it looks like they're still alive, so he saved them.

Since the future people and the past people are both alive, you have to make a choice to either keep aku or jack's future, and you chose aku, moron.
>>
>>92661873
But this works with the canon ending just fine.
It just makes the future seem less like an after thought.
>>92661882
Figuratively destroyed. You can't destroy what doesn't exist.
>>92661901
But most the people not in pain are the ones who fought to undo Aku.
>>
>>92661828
Jack's just retarded. Why did he give a shit about the people in the future if he was going to do this? Why did he give up that portal to save some monks? Erasing them all because you feel your timeline is worth more is already saying they're worthless. The bi-products of a shitty timelines shouldn't have any weight. You guys aren't spotting the obvious contradiction.

He should have just, not traveled back.
>>
>>92661882
>But I also wouldn't have decided to literally erase thousands of years of history to alter things that were already set.

Time travel exists. By definition they werent "set" because they can be changed. Jack had the opportunity to change things.
>>
>>92661978
Because he is a good person.
>>
>>92661978
>He should have just, not traveled back.

And allow Aku to genocide the timeline that jack came from?

Theres a reason those ghosts shouted YOU ABANDONED US. They could be saved.
>>
>>92661729
Why would that happen? Why would it be some kind of torture? They wouldnt even be able to percieve it. They wouldnt marty mcfly out of there, the stop button would just get hit on their timeline, it wouldnt be perceptible.
>>
>>92661851
I don't know. Would I?
In those law-less societies, there'd still be people, new people, and good things would still happen. Those people didn't chose to be born there but they still tried their best to have a life.

The people that died in disaster are at least remember and grieved, but erasing that future means that the shit the survivors went through isn't even known.

If you erase all the bad things that ever happen, that means that any timeline where something wrong happened should just be corrected, and the people that were shaped and transformed by that event are worthless compared to the "ideal" timeline.
>>
File: 1489949913163.png (519KB, 719x699px) Image search: [Google]
1489949913163.png
519KB, 719x699px
>>92662087
>It wouldn't be perceptible
>>
>>92662120
>saving people and making the world a better place is wrong
>I will let evil and horrible things happen, when I have all the power to stop it.
>>
>>92661874
But SHIT DOES HAPPEN. People died before Aku, jack didn't time travel there to fix it. There's an infinity of people that could come out of that timeline that now won't.

You're the lazy fuck that'd prefer to resurrect a bunch of established dead people, sacrificing the future. You're not picking which people in the tracks the train runs over, you're murdering innocents to resurrect dead people.
>>
>>92662120
Not everyone needs a memorial in order for their sacrifice to mean something.

To me, this is really a case of "needs of the many vs the few". Just because there's a couple of shops out there still dedicated to helping out in a shit future doesn't justify the apocalypse.
>>
>>92661994
They were set in a linear sense. The world of the future was built unto the past, and people had already experienced that. That's how things naturally happen. I assume everyone's not time travelling over and over to erase every single possible bad things that's ever happened.
>>
>>92658108
You mean a catholic? Also please tell me your secrets to success and intelligence since you are clearly superior to these people while discussing cartoons on 4chan mid day
>>
>>92662224
The world could bounce back. Things could improve. That's how people handle bad things in reality, and the resilience of people trumps breaking the established order of things to create an immaculate universe.

Nothing about this tragedy made it special compared to any other, in that sense. Timelines are never perfect, and if we're sacrificing flawed ones for the perfect one, then jack should just keep time traveling until nothing bad has ever happened and the concept of sadness makes no sense to begin with.
>>
>jack is directly responsible for hitler, mao, stalin and ghengis khan
he has dethroned karl marx as the biggest indirect genocider
>>
>>92662368
If they ever exist that is.
Besides Aku's genocide probably trumps theirs.
>>
>>92662399
>Aku's genocide
What genocide?
>>
>>92661994
Furthermore the bad future only occurred because Aku tampered with the timeline by sending Jack into the future, thus erasing the generations that would have existed had he been defeated there and then. It's not like this is just any tragedy we're trying to solve with time travel; Jack was fixing a problem that started because of time travel.
>>
>>92662414
The billions of people he definitely killed over thousands of years/
>>
>>92662329
>Nothing about this tragedy made it special compared to any other, in that sense.
There were hundreds of other species from different worlds trying to share a place with humans. That makes it different enough and not comparable to real-world history. Humans could've possibly been wiped out by another, stronger species once Aku was gone and they would've been the ones to rebuild.
>>
>>92656618
>Everyone defending him going back to the past
>Not understanding that every single sacrifice Jack made previously (example being the monk episode) has been made pointless, that all potential for an interesting arc where Jack actually gives up the past and moves on to making the future a better place is gone.
Fuck, you could've even kept Ashi to appease the waifufags. Even if it is cliche, it would've been better than just dropping the fucking ball like Genndy did.
>>
>>92662477
Aku wasn't shown to have genocided anyone though. He built cities, technology, and improved transportation.
>>
>>92658299
From the thumbnail I thought it was an ovum
>>
File: WHAT.png (313KB, 495x560px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.png
313KB, 495x560px
>Tell people Ashi was going to ruin the season
>This entire Season was written just so to kill her at the end for some cheap emotional impact
>People are realizing the writing for this season has been complete shit
>S5 Apologist are defending it, no matter what
>S5 Apologist bitch at people who make up their own endings for the show but then use their own >>92658055 to defend this garbage writing
>Even sane people are realizing that no matter what the ending was or how contrived it was, S5 apologist would defend it no matter what
>Call them out on it
>"WELL UH UR JUST FUTUREFAG WHO CAN'T APPRECIATE ART!!"
ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE !!
>>
>itt: why timetravel plots will never work.
bttf and samurai jack were doomed to begin with.
such a nonexistant concept of time travel and people think they know how it works, even worse, trying to apply logic and science to a cartoon.
no wonder people are trying to ban cartoons, it bring out the autism in everyone that takes part in it
>>
>>92658258
She wasn't even the show's best loli.
>>
>>92662520
this,this so much! if that future doesn`t exist,if no one there exist,them it was all meangless,all the sufering all the heroism,all the pain and all the courage,all meanignless
>>
>>92661863
They're warriors like their father, they knew going into this battle the odds were against coming out alive.
>>
File: 1495458130076.png (7KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
1495458130076.png
7KB, 235x215px
Non-retarded version of season 5:

Take out the romance and replace Ashi with Scotsman.
Have it be a buddy adventure where Jack is conflicted about erasing all his friends from existence.
Scotsman dies in a penultimate battle with Aku but comes back Obi Wan style later to tell Jack he needs to go back and get it done.

No need for any Mary Sue bullshit nonsense and plenty of opportunity for fanservice, there you go.
They'd still need to fix the awful writing but it's at least not some dumbass romance story.
>>
>>92661873
It's almost as if one of the key points of entertainment is to foster emotion and thought from people.
>>
File: Jack03.jpg (266KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jack03.jpg
266KB, 1600x900px
>>92662540
All built on the backs of slavery and treachery to propagate more evil.
I'm sure those destroyed cities we saw constantly were all completely vacant and Jack was just being a drama queen
>>
>>92662783
This idea is pure shit but I keep seeing it everywhere
>>
Is everyone really just debating from their own abstract point wether a new timeline is created for the future or if it destroys it?

Nothing in the series can say one or the other and it's clearly not internally consistent either.
>>
>>92662809
To be honest they probably were. We have abandoned cities irl where we know nothing bad on the part of humanity happened. There could have been a natural disaster.
>>
File: 1493608853412.jpg (61KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
1493608853412.jpg
61KB, 550x413px
>>92662931
>UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU
>Jack undoes the Future
>WELL THOSE PEOPLE ARE COULD STILL BE THERE JUST WITHOUT AKU
>>
>>92663123
If we're talking infinite parallel universes, sure. If not, very unlikely but possible. Any miniscule change could lead to another sperm reaching the egg which birthed the person which existed in Aku's future.
>>
File: 1492653983459.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492653983459.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>92663123
>>92663183

GENNDY DID IT ON OTHER SHOWS.

MULTIPLE SHOWS DID IT, LIKE MYSTERY INC.

This is a cartoon, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>92662931
>Nothing in the series can say one or the other
He seeks to undo the future, not make a better one. If he was supposed to save the future, they'd have said save it.
>>
>>92663641
You know that this is semantics. Undo has multiple meanings, and he speciphic that he wants to undo the future that is AKU.
>>
>>92658020
Because it did exist, and was undone. people aren't bitching about the "death" of Ashi and Jacks potential children, because while that was what there future would have been, it never ended up happening.
If you choose to wear a condom, those sperm were just not supposed to become people. but if you go back in time and poke a hole in the condom, you are tampering with time in a dangerous way.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.