[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you've never killed a real person before! FLESH AND

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 436
Thread images: 51

File: image.png (171KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171KB, 640x360px
>you've never killed a real person before! FLESH AND BLOOD!
>oh no! I killed some kids! Now I'm gonna kill myself!
Man it's good that Jack went through multiple crisises about futurepeoples deaths, like the sisters and the kids, just to erase them later without literally a single god damned thought.

Thanks gendy!
>>
>>92645760
https://youtu.be/87ZJp_mILAI?t=1m20s

>Every fucking one of these fuckers never existed
>"Fuck them, fuck the lot of them, only Ashi gets to go through the portal, I only care about Ashi"
Ashi was a fucking mistake and always was.
>>
File: Sechan1.jpg (8KB, 162x192px) Image search: [Google]
Sechan1.jpg
8KB, 162x192px
>Cares about """""""""killing"""""""""" kids
>Doesn't care about erasing them from having ever existed
>>
That's actually a pretty good point I never thought about.

Him caring about anyone in the future was completely pointless especially if it got in the way of his goal since they would all get erased as a result of completing it.
>>
>>92645760
I swear, this must be everyone's first time travel story.
>>
>should I go back in time and stop Aku from ever creating this horrible future, giving the smallest chance that these kids could grow up to have a good life?
>or should I let Aku continue ruling, guaranteeing that they'll be tortured and killed along the line?
>>
>>92646197
Logically yes but character-wise there's no way Jack would've gone down that road
>>
Other kids Jack erased from existence

>the baby
>that street urchin girl who took his clothes
>the purple haired girl whose family was eaten by a demon
>those children from the fairy tales episode

Probably a lot more
>>
>>92646241
If he ever actually contemplated this he wouldn't immediately go suicidal the second the kids died.

Jack or the other characters never experience existential dread at all.
>>
>>92646385
>Samurai "Spike the Tykes" Jack
>>
>>92645760
>Jack goes to the past and undoes the future that is Aku
>This has been his stated goal for 13 years
>REEEEEEEE WHYS JACK HAVE TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL, WHYS JACK HAVE TO WIN REEEEEEE
Fucking bandwaganers
>>
File: Guess which kind of magic.png (77KB, 584x764px) Image search: [Google]
Guess which kind of magic.png
77KB, 584x764px
>You go back in time and save your family and everyone that lived on the time from a Demon Lord

>retroactively ALSO undo countless suffering, slaughter and slavery across THOUSAND YEARS that literaly destroyed entire planets

>Not only that, you create a brighter future, you are RESPONSABLE for thousand years of a world much more peaceful and hopeful

>You are somehow the bad guy for it

>for giving peace and a better world to countless generations on multiple planets

>If PPG and Dexter are on the same world as it seems, they just exist because Jack saved their timeline.

>Other characters go back in time and change timelines all the time (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Justice League, PPG, Dexter) but it is only an issue when Jack does it.

>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW that would have jumped over Jack and protected Aku, letting him kill billions on the following years.
>>
They never existed, doesn't count. Keep crying.
>>
>>92646228

i dont understand, everyone watching this before the series got restarted must of had theories about this very scenario playing out. it's literally time travel 101
>>
>>92646385
Kids that Jack saved

>literally every single child that would not come to be in the future that is Aku
>>
File: laughing aku.gif (895KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughing aku.gif
895KB, 640x480px
>BWAHAHAHA
>FOOLISH SAMURAI
>BY UNDOING THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU YOU HAVE UNDONE THE FUTURE THAT IS YOUR FRIENDS
>THEY MAY HAVE SUFFERED UNDER MY TYRANNY BUT AT LEAST IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LIFE LIVED
>EVEN AFTER THEIR DEATHS THEY WOULD HAVE GONE TO A PLACE WHERE MY EVIL CANNOT FOLLOW
>BUT THANKS TO YOU THEY NO LONGER EXIST
>THEIR STRUGGLES
>THEIR TRIUMPHS
>THEIR HAPPINESS
>ALL OF IT... GONE
>YOU ARE CRUELER THAN I COULD HAVE POSSIBLY IMAGINED FOOLISH SAMURAI
>>
>>92646008
Ashi dragged Jack through the portal so all of this is technically her fault.

>>92646329
But he did. He erased everyone. Maybe he just didn't know what "undoing the future that is Aku" really meant.
>>
>>92646442
Jack could have accomplished his goal multiple times in the original series, but he always put protecting and saving people first. It never made any sense since he would end up deleting them if he ever did go back, but he still did it anyway.
>>
>>92646442
>REEE I DONT LIKE IT WHEN THINGS ARENT CUT AND DRY DONT PUT JACK THROUGH A STORY ARC NO REEE

Jacks sole purpose was to defeat aku, not decide the existential worthiness of people.
>>
>>92646241
>giving the smallest chance that these kids could grow up to have a good life?
You mean the ones that no longer exist, thanks to him? Because Aku never decimated their home planet, meaning they never had to take shelter on earth, meaning they never would have met and had those kids who would later be enslaved and saved by Jack and Ashi, only to be erased from existence?

>>92646228
There were better ways for Genndy to do this.
>>
>>92646445
This copypasta bait is stale
>>
>>92646385
I guess the lesson here is that if you steal Jack's clothes he will erase you from having ever existed.

Don't fuck with Jack, it would seem
>>
>>92645760
>kills baby goats which are called kids
>loses sword and his way
>kills kids
>tries to kill self

it all makes sense to me
>>
>>92646445
>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW that would have jumped over Jack and protected Aku, letting him kill billions on the following years.
I would have, because having a shitty life is preferable to having no life at all.
>>
>>92646512
>they never existed

Oh we know, Jack made sure of that. What a hero.
>>92646565
It's a good thing he sacrificed those kids on their behalf, since he fucked up his chance to do that initially.
>>
>People mad that a show ended by following through with the premise of said show from day one.

Seriously "Gotta get Back, back to the Past" is the ENTIRE original theme song, the S5 intro... also ends with Jack proclaiming "Gotta Get Back, Back to the Past".

Jack's goal has ALWAYS been "Get Back to past, Undo the Future that is Aku".
>>
>>92646712
So is the OP
>>
>>92646565
You mean the kids who got to hear fairy tales from Aku? Wait, no, they no longer exist either.
>>
>>92646768
There should've been a character like this on the show.
>>
>>92646786
Give me one good reason they couldn't have shown the better lives of all the characters in the new, Aku-less future.
>>
>>92645760
The problem with using a transactional model of morality is that by travelling back in time Jack comes out ahead morally due to all the suffering he prevented.
>>
>>92646228
>>92646537
>>92646445
>Other characters go back in time and change timelines all the time (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Justice League, PPG, Dexter) but it is only an issue when Jack does it
This, it baffles me that /co/ (of all boards) seem so confused about time travel when is one of the most used plots in comics and cartoons. I bet that /tg/ or /a/ could have solved the issue the same day the episode aired.
>>
>>92646786
His goal has always been kill aku you fucking twat. Just because a theme song reiterates his current objective it doesn't mean that can't change.
>>
>>92646847
There really should have, and season 5 would have been the perfect time to explore such a concept. Hell, it could have been Ashi since her existence is directly tied to Aku's. But nope, here's your disappearing waifu.
>>
>>92646095
Right now, you could go create a kid, or work toward it. But you're not. Are you erasing that kid from ever having existed?
>>
>>92646861
Because spending the entire epilogue on Jack and Ashi was more important than showing a healthy, alive, two-legged Scotsman and his horde of loving daughters in the new future.
>>
>>92646871
"He" prevented? Surely you mean all the lives who helped him, who were erased from existence, a fate worse than death in a world where there's an afterlife, who aren't even acknowledged after the fact.
>>
>>92646775
The only character we know for sure that would cease to exist is Ashi, who did so because she had a direct connection to Aku still being in that reality.

There is an equal chance that the events that would transpire in a future that is Aku-less would result in the same people. Scotsman may be the lord of a castle who never had to be on the run, maybe had like 50 daughters. Maybe even a son.

But hey, that doesn't make people upset on /co/. Gotta imply that Jack is a monster for killing the EMBODIMENT OF EVIL.
>>
>>92646786
I'll take the Future that is Aku over No Future At All
>>
>>92646576
>aku will never say this mockingly as he dies
>>
>>92646008
>>92646095
They exist. They just don't have to deal with Aku or Jack.
When will this meme end?
>>
>>92647032
*self described* master of evil.

Also there's no way those characters would exist at all without akus meddling.
>>
Season 6 where King Jack has gotta get back to the future to undo the past that is Samurai Jack when?
>>
>>92645760
Can we talk about how there's two Jacks in the timeline. Jack essentially replaced another Jack, Rick style. Are we ever going to see Jack 2 in the new Future without Aku.
>>
>>92647104
Nice impossible headcanon.
>>
>>92647121
So if Aku's future was prevented, does that mean he never destroyed all the time portals, including the guardian's? Wouldn't that mean the prophecy is back up again? Time travel is confusing.
>>
>>92646926
>Are you erasing that kid from ever having existed?
If there's a future where I have that kid because of circumstances that otherwise would not have happened? Yes.

Let's say a war breaks out and I'm drafted to fight and I fall in love with a girl I never would have met because she's in another country near the front lines, and we marry and have kids. Then let's say someone goes back in time and stops the war from happening, so I never meet that girl, and no longer have that kid. You would have erased that child from ever having existed.
>>
>>92645760
Steins;Gate 0 features a protagonist w/ a moral crisis regarding erasing timelines. Of course it's a time-loli side character, but still, rare.
>>
>>92647146
Samurai jack could theoretically go back to a time before aku sent him back usisng the guardians time portal to undo his fuckup..

Then again he'd have to wait 50 years.. And do everything the same again..

Yeah no that timeline is FUCKED
>>
Well at least the Viking guy wasn't imprisoned in lava for thousands of years
>>
>>92646974
This. So not only are all the people he knew erased, but all the people in the preceding thousand or so years of Aku's reign, and all the dead people in the various afterlives like the lava monster viking. They're gone too.
>>
>>92647032
>There is an equal chance that the events that would transpire in a future that is Aku-less would result in the same people
Would have been great to show that then, huh?
>>
>>92647047

There will always be a future, what that future is now is what is unknown.
>>
>>92647108
>*self described* master of evil.
I am holding myself back because I know you just watched Season 5 and never bothered with the first four seasons and just want to troll.

Aku is birthed from a cosmic entity that was literally evil incarnate.

His goddamn name means "evil".

>Also there's no way those characters would exist at all without akus meddling.
Unless Aku was literally forcing people to breed, you have no basis on saying this.
>>
>>92646576

honestly I would have shit myself if these were Aku's last words
>>
>>92647247
Yeah, now he gets to not exist at all.
>>
>>92647270
Well, wouldn't the lava warrior never have been inprisoned in lava in the first place?
>>
>>92647108

No, Aku is LITERALLY a piece of the primordial mass from which all evil came from in the SJ universe after the Gods basically blew it up.

He's literally MADE of evil. Some of his stranger actions even make a lot more sense once you realize that because of this he's literally predisposed to make the most evil choice possible.
>>
>>92647309
There's no future for them.

>>92647312
>you have no basis on saying this
Really? What about all those ancient stagnated cultures and alien refugees stranded on earth? What about all the Diasporas, migrations and exoduses?
>>
>>92647192
So to you, "erasing someone from existence" requires that they would have "actually existed"? Surely someone who never was created in the first place can't be said to have existed.

There's no difference between what Jack did at the end of Season 5 and if he had killed Aku in the first place and was never sent forward in time. Either way irrevocably alters history. You could make the same argument about him "erasing from existence" all the people that would have been born in the age of (relative) peace that follows Aku's defeat in the past.
>>
>>92647032
>>92647104
The probability of a person being born is incomprehensibly low and is entirely based on happenstance. To think that everyone in the future would still exist after changing a major event in the past is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>92647148
Time continues with out Jack there, you fuck. Just because a single person dies doesn't mean the whole world stops, does it? Just because the dinosaurs died out didn't mean life on Earth stopped, did it? You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>92647308
Yes, it would have. I don't deny that.

However, "not showing us this better future" does not mean "everyone in the future ceased to exist".
>>
>>92646974
>a fate worse than death in a world where there's an afterlife,
>implying afterlives function based on existitude
>implying fate is even a thing what with time travel
>implying that changing the past somehow sends people to their respective afterlives rather than changing the circumstances to where they were never born

I swear, you fucking guys don't seem to understand MAGIC TIME PORTAL logic. Nobody was purged from the earth, the only casualty from killing Aku was Ashi.
>>
>>92646861
Give me one good reason why we should care?
>>
>>92647312
He's not the cosmic entity he was born from though. He's a seperate entity, and this is proven by how goofy he acts throughout the series. He's more like a jerk than a manifestation of real evil.

Fuck there are even more evil demons than him, like the ghost dragon demon in the haunted house episode.

Names don't count for shit, Jacks name could've been named "good" and the series would've still ended with him erasing a timeline of people.

He wasnt forcing anything, but he causes the events leading up to people's births to transpire.
>>
File: 1457457533880.gif (491KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1457457533880.gif
491KB, 500x375px
>>92647148
Genndy literaly did this on Dexter. Plenty of works ignore most of Butterfly effect anyway.

>>92646974
>Jack finaly goes back in time to kill Aku, when he is ready to give the final blow, finaly, after ALL of these years he will avenge his family, free the world of Aku and his reign and prevent the atrocities that he saw in the future!

>Them a at NEET quickly get up from his chair and rolls in his direction

>Putting his big fatty body between Jack and Aku he says "Jack you cant do this! This is wrong!"

>Surprised, Jack can't react quickly enough, and Aku get up again taking the form of a flying creature

>"HAHAHAHA" Laughts Aku, as he flies away while Jack can only screams in desperation

>Aku them procedes to continue his conquest on other places, killing billions on multiple planets, enslaving generations and destroying an insane number of lives for thousand years

>Anon gets personaly the oportunity to see he destroying a viking village and impriesoning its king in crystal for thousand years on agony

>Jack faces anon directly and ask: "Why? Why you let this monster do all of this atrocity?"

>Anon says "I couldn't let you kill people! Killing people is wrong!"

>>92647355
He is from the same time period as Jack.
>>
>>92647382
>he always makes the most evil choice
Then there wouldn't be life, idiot.
>>
>>92647433
Learn the difference between dying and being wiped from reality.
>>
>>92646686
>It's bad that Aku never decimated their home planet

Do you futurefags even listen to yourselves?
>>
>>92647557
Dr. Who was wiped out from history MULTIPLE TIMES. Guess what? Daleks still existed, even though he was responsible for them becoming a thing. Fuck you. Stop this meme.
>>
>>92647461
Prove it.
>>
>>92647516
>Then there wouldn't be life, idiot.
>implying death is more evil than suffering
Who's the real idiot?
>>
>>92647461
Actually, according to the Alt. Ending, even Ashi was spared.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOP4fa0tLmo
So the only two that died were Aku and Fuccbot.
>>
>>92647499
>killing is wrong!

Learn the difference between death and being wiped from reality.
>>
>>92647104
Don't be stupid. Time travel mechanics need to be established. With no indication in the show that the future Jack just left continued to exist after he defeated Aku (and actually quite the opposite, what with Ashi evaporating) there's no reason to think this is true.
>>
>>92645760
eh, I'd blame Ashi for suddenly taking them straight back to the beginning instead of a few hours or a few days back and maybe talking over this with Jack.

Ashi's a stupid bitch, but that's okay, because they wasted 22 minutes on episode 8's pile of shit and needed to wrap up the series with a terrifically tragic ending for Jack.
>>
>Genndy killed off Ashi before tackling the issue of what her feet smell like

Fuck off you hack
>>
>>92647655
How many times has Marvel wiped a character from reality and nothing has changed? DC? Doctor Who? Godzilla?
Godzilla was literally torn from time, replaced with a dieing dinosaur, which then proceeded to get bigger and meaner then the one transported away. But the people during this time period still knew what a Godzilla was.The events of the first Godzilla attack still took place.
>>
>>92647403
>era of peace after akus defeat

That timeline only started to exist when he went back in time. It did not exist when he was flung into the future, thus there's no argument.
>>
>>92647666
See
>>92647653
Ashi was going to come back again.
>>
>>92647609
>muh other tv show with different travel logic proves you wrong!

Haha holy shit
>>
>>92646095
Well without Aku, their species are probably chilling on their home planet, as it was Aku who attacked and forced them to immigrate.

All for the better
>>
>>92647716
Point me to the part of the show where the multiple timeline bullshit you're talking about is established.

Extra bonus points if you can rectify whatever your unfounded theory is with Ashi disappearing.
>>
File: aku face 1.jpg (44KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
aku face 1.jpg
44KB, 680x510px
>>92647655
>"Wiping people from reality is wrong" says the fat as he tries to hold Jack down"

>But Aku is killing that woman! Oh my god, he just put fire on her!"

>"Sorry Jacko" anon says "At least they have the afterlife to be happy"

>"Let me kill Aku!" says Jack in desperation, "leave me! I am doing it for my father, for my mother, for all the people that will suffer under him!"

>"Uhh..no"

>"HE is sodomizing those children!" Jack screams in horror " Let me kill Aku!" he says to the fat NEET.

>"Uuuh, no, they doesnt even have names. Who cares?"
>>
>>92647363
No Viking dude is from Jacks time probably a couple months after Aku's chimpout reaching the Noridic lands.
>>
>>92647618
He's doing a shitty job of making everyone on a single planet suffer, then.
>>
>>92647765
>we're talking about a fucking show where portals can be physically grasped and lifted out of a person's fucking reach
And your point is? Time travel is time travel, you fuckwit.
>>
>>92647786
Comic timeline and Cartoon timeline. And the proposed timeline where Ashi reappears thanks to the gods.
>>
>>92646385
Not really seeming like a big loss there
>>
>>92647666
Ashi was part Aku. Aku was destroyed, so she died as well. The rest of the world wasn't Aku, just affected by him.

>Time travel mechanics need to be established
Only if they're integral to the decisions of the plot. You can very well have a shock ending with time travel reveals. It's convenient only for the bittersweet ending, but not the plot itself. Time paradoxes didn't kill Aku, a magic sword did.
>>
>>92647852
Ashi didnt die she ceased to exist.
>>
>>92647788
Jack had his chance to kill aku and he failed. You're making up circumstances that literally are nothing close to what happened in the show.

Aku should've died, but Jack deciding that his timeline was more important than everyone else's was completely out of character or at tthe very least unearned.
>>
>>92647698
Those are other mediums with their own set of shitter rules.
>>
>>92647403
The point is that the timeline they existed in is erased, therefore they have been erased from existence. To ask "WELL HOW COULD THEY BE ERASED FROM EXISTENCE IF THEY NEVER EXISTED" is a pointless and pedantic argument, because all does is further prove that time travel is inherently paradoxical.
>>
>>92647852
>Aku was destroyed, so she died as well.

The part of her that was Aku left her, that didn't kill her. The show subtly hints this by having her outright state almost immediately that she felt him leaving her, and then having her live.

She didn't "die", she stopped existing.
>>
>>92647875
>jack deciding that his timeline was more important then everyone elses
Ashi fucking sent him back.
And of course, the whole intro from season 1 to 4 declares Jack 'UNDOING THE EVIL THAT IS AKU'
Unless you're fucking retarded like everyone else in this thread.
>>
I would bet you the nature of the time travel in samurai jack ignores the butterfly effect and everyone in the future will still be born anyway, with exceptions for direct consequences like if aku was your dad or something.

Gendy will almost certainly address this in an interview at some point.
>>
>>92647786
Multiple timeline theory is never established, that's what I'm saying.

You were talking about a theoretical timeline existing if Jack defeated aku the first time which did not exist until he went back to the past and finished him off.

The only lives worth contemplating about are from the timeline that he was flung into.
>>
>>92647852
>Only if they're integral to the decisions of the plot. You can very well have a shock ending with time travel reveals.

I agree, that's all well and good, but you can't start making assumptions about things the show never states, like "They exist. They just don't have to deal with Aku or Jack."
>>
>>92647904
Well gee, it's ALMOST LIKE GENNDY, NOT WANTING TO SHOW HOW HIS TIME TRAVEL WORKS, DECIDED TO BASE IT OFF THESE THINGS.
REALLY FUCKING CLONKS YOUR COCONUTS, HUH!?
>>
>>92646576
>No "YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!"
>>
>>92647944
Yeah, and their lives could be a lot better than they were in Aku's rule

Well, except for that one family who was devoured by the demonic wolf, who didn't seem to be related to Aku. Without Jack to save them, those guys are fucked.
>>
File: 1494733549385.gif (967KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
1494733549385.gif
967KB, 288x162px
>>92647482
>He's not the cosmic entity he was born from though. He's a seperate entity, and this is proven by how goofy he acts throughout the series. He's more like a jerk than a manifestation of real evil.
How can you watch the show and not get Aku?

A "jerk"? He subjugated humanity for ages, created demonic minions to terrorize the planet, made Earth into a space port for alien worlds, and told those worlds that criminals and monsters from other worlds are more than welcome on Earth.

Aku is goofy, yes, but he's goofy because he knows there's nothing to stop him. Any show of opposition to him is immediately incinerated. Everyone on earth despises him but can do nothing to stop him.

If you're going to try and delve into the topic of "Maybe Aku wasn't such a bad guy. I mean JACK ERASED EVERYONE!", there is visible proof about what Aku caused with the future that Jack landed in, while every argument both for and against Jack is based on conjecture.
>>
Prove they don't exist anymore.
The whole 'butterfly effect' is stupid anyways. Example: Kermit the frog wishes he was never born, there's a WORLD WHERE KERMIT WAS NEVER BORN, where Scooter is a cage dancer, Miss Piggy's an insane cat lady and phone psychic, Kermit's Newphew Robin is a busboy in a bar, Fozzie's a Pick Pocket.

These are characters that Kermit has somehow impacted in life. With out him, they're messed up, BUT STILL THERE.
>>
>>92647938
Aw where did the long winded greentexts go? You're really going to default back on typical pastfag nonarguments like "IT SAYS IT IN LE INTRO" and "IT WAS ASHI"

The intro doesn't mean shit, it's not some divine prophecy, and jacks goals can chance. Ashi sent him back but he knew what was going on, he's seen it before and he's been inside multiple time portals. Then he just smiles, implying complete consent.
>>
>>92646873
Because Jack is was literally going to kill himself for thinking he killed a bunch of kids.
But he has no problem literally wiping out billions of lives lived.
>>
>>92647956
>Multiple timeline theory is never established, that's what I'm saying.

Did you never see Back to the Future? Kids these days.

But it isn't established in Samurai Jack at all. You're talking about timelines "existing" or "not existing" when for all you know, in the fictional universe of Samurai Jack, there's only one "timeline" (which is an explanation that better fits the narrative of the show anyway). You can't fill the gaps in with whatever you want to believe, you have to work with what you're given.
>>
>>92647969
Maybe he should've stayed away from the more time travel focused, paradox inducing shitter ending then?
>>
>>92648030
All of you are fucking retarded these people exist within 2000 years in the future meaning they dont nor will ever exist again.
>>
>>92648066
>Jacks goals can change
>Told Ashi the fucking episode before he missed his time.
>Ashi, gaining Aku's powers, screeched a time portal and sent Jack back.
Well gee, it must have been Jack's fault. You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>92648094
There's two timelines. The comic timeline where Jack doesn't go back, and the cartoon's.
>>
>>92648040
>aku is goofy, yes

I'm glad we can agree the true manifestation of evil would never be a source of laughter.

>but
No buts. If things in the series are more evil than aku, then aku surely isn't the manifestation of evil.
>>
>>92648164
We know there's literal demons and ghost. Aku's first encounter with something of this type was Scottsman's ghost.
>>
>>92648050
Ashi disappearing is literally proof of the butterfly effect you stupid troglodyte
>>
>>92648163
Until that's actually established as two timelines in the same fictional universe you could just as easily say the one's not canon and the other is.
>>
File: aku face 5.jpg (63KB, 599x405px) Image search: [Google]
aku face 5.jpg
63KB, 599x405px
>>92647875
>"Look at Aku destroying that village! He is killing hundreds! Let me help them! Let me end this suffering!" Jack pleads to the fat NEET sitting above him.

>"Uhohohoh" laughts the NEET while he eats cheetos whatching the flames. "You had your cahnce"

>Jack is not over yet, he says "But I am here now, I got back to the past for this, I spent FIVE DECADES in a relentless journey to finaly free this world of all of this destruction! LET ME KILL AKU AND SAVE THIS WORLD"

>"Uhohohoh" laughts the fat NEET, "That would be cheating!"
>>92648066
>Aw where did the long winded greentexts go?

Different anon.
>>
>>92648197
Yet in the proposed Ending, she was brought back by the gods. Really. Clonks. Your. Coconuts.
>>
>>92647944
If souls exist before birth in SJ and every soul is predestined to inhabit a body at the "right time", one could argue that Ashi soul still exist, as it was independent from aku, and is waiting "the right time" to inhabit a body, even if its biologically a little different from her original one.
>>
>>92648110
Google "the butterfly effect", which was explicitly mentioned in the thread several times to most likely to be ignored in this case.
>>
File: 1491289855035.jpg (131KB, 384x470px) Image search: [Google]
1491289855035.jpg
131KB, 384x470px
>a SAMURAI WARRIOR goes around the world fighting evil
>we're supposed to believe he never killed someone for half a century
>>
>>92648130
Man, I'm sure Jack missed lots of things. He's allowed to. But if he knew that he would be erasing everybody, including his gf, he wouldn't have done it. He would've jumped out of the portal ashi was erecting around him.
>>
>>92648214
A lot of non-canon things make it into 'that's an alternate timeline' shit. Just depends on when it will be confirmed.
>>
>>92648233
Genndy ignored butterfly effect before tho.
>>
>>92648233
Why?
>>
>>92648110
His theory is that people are fated to be born and it overrides butterfly effect completely.
>>
>>92648215
I don't get this. I never said aku shouldn't be killed. If you're going to put this much effort in your replies, maybe you should base them in reality a little.
>>
>>92648264
>Knew he was erasing everybody
How do you know everyone didn't already know they'd be erased, even if they aren't, and went in balls to the walls to fight Aku? Even then, if Jack failed, these people, who Jack taught to be stronger then what they were, came to rescue his fucking ass, and most of them were killed and turned evil by Aku.

>He would have jumped out of the portal
LIKE HE DID WHEN AKU DID IT THE FIRST TIME!? I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT
>>
>>92648260
I can actually kind of believe Jack figured they were doing what they thought necessary in an Aku-future and don't deserve to die because of it. Of course that involves supposing Jack understands causality to such a degree that he'd foresee the amazing vanishing waifu coming, so eh.
>>
>>92648267
Sure, if that happens, then fine. But until then you'd just be pulling things out of your ass saying there's multiple timelines, or that the people in the future somehow continued to exist in the future that doesn't.
>>
The characters in the future that Jack "erased" spent their entire lives suffering under Aku. They sacrificed their existence to remove Aku from their world, even if it meant removing themselves.

Plus, all of this time travel stuff is bullshit anyway. If future Jack defeats Aku in the past, then Ashi never exist, therefore Jack never goes back to the past as Ashi was his only means of going to the past in the first place. It's impossible, so you might as well believe the characters in the future somehow exist anyway, as that is probably what the show intended to send the audience off believing.
>>
>>92648040

Yeah we've seen what Aku can do when he actually fights seriously against any thing NOT Jack, he can literally wipe out armies in like 30 seconds. He can AFFORD to be silly.
>>
>>92648330
Well, we have a semi confirmed alternate timeline where the Gods bring back Ashi for what ever fucking reason.

But /co/ would still find a way to complain.
>>
>>92648215
>save the world!

He could have saved the world in the future though. But no, he just kinda runs away during the final battle so he can selfishly save his own timeline over the futures.
>>
>>92648164
Can I ask you something? What can I call you that properly displays how stupid you are while doing so in a way that actually emotionally hurts you?

Please be honest, this is really important to me, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>92646861
>Give me one good reason they couldn't have shown the better lives of all the characters in the new, Aku-less future.

Because that would then open up for multi-verse theory bullshit. On top of that, Aku was the reason for most of the organisms and aliens being on Earth in the first place.
>>
>>92648226
>>92648357
No one cares about your fake ending from some Argentinian art student you faggot.
>>
>>92648365
>save his own timeline rather then the futures
Ah yes, the timeline where intergalactic criminals are running rampant, destroying towns and villages, demons running rampant, almost all natural beauty is gone save for like, two trees, factories clog the sky with smoke.
What a beautiful future to fucking save.
>>
>>92648336
The people chilling in heaven for ALL ETERNITY dont seen really bothered by aku in the grand scale of things anymore. A few decades of suffering for eons seems like a pretty nice deal, and should be taken in consideration when arguing for if you should stop existing at all
>>
>>92648395
>it's from genndy himself
Calm down, faggot.
>>
>>92647436
But it means we can say that and there's no evidence to the contrary.
>>
Even if the timeline was split and Jack's future friends still existed, that would still mean there's a timeline where Jack's parents suffered under Aku.

I can't think of any ending that could cover everything. What's the ending that would have come the closest to covering all bases? The one we got, but with Ashi living and everyone from the future reincarnating?
>>
File: FOOooolish samurai.jpg (37KB, 476x358px) Image search: [Google]
FOOooolish samurai.jpg
37KB, 476x358px
>>92648316
>Aku is raping a little japanese girl in front of Jack and the fat NEET

>Jack pleads "Dont let this atrocity happen! Let me kill Aku! He will do this with countless people across all of these thousand years! Why you LET this happen!?"

>Fat NEET full of himself snorts " don't get this. I never said aku shouldn't be killed. You can only kill Aku when I allow you, after him doing all this shit for thousand years." he smiles "THEM you can kill him, the little girl will have to endure, but its okay, she will go to heaven".

This is you.
>>
>>92648324
>how did you know they weren't ready to be erased
Nothing implies that they did, and the Scotsmans attachment/future plans like marriage for his daughters are proof that they don't.

>He didn't jump out of the portal the first time though!!

"What trickery is this?!" -Jack before falling through a time portal

He's wiser now.
>>
>>92648448
(You)
>>
>>92648088
>But he has no problem literally wiping out billions of lives lived.

Billions of lives lived in suffering. He has no problem erasing/rebooting billions of lives lived in suffering.

Every person who wasn't a huge evil asshole in Aku's world was suffering. There was no moral ambiguity with this.
>>
>>92645760
Innocents, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>92645760
Is nonexistence preferable to life under Aku?
>>
>>92648476
>"What trickery is this!?"
He could have easily shouted this while jumping to the side.
>Scotsmans attachment future plants like marriage
Guess what? He's probably alive and well, with out Aku, and still kicking ass. But no, you instantly want him erased from the universe.
>>
>>92648365
>>92648472
>>
>>92648372
>no rebuttal

I accept your (salty) concession of defeat. Mmm.
>>
>>92648453
And I can still call you dumb for talking about it with such certainty.

It was a bad ending in that regard because both sides can't confirm why their side is correct.
>>
>>92648479
>>92648479
He is right. My dad is genndy and he told me about the secret ending only the creators have access because it is too awesome.
>>
>>92648088
>wiping out billions of lives lived

This is retarded. Not killing Aku in the past "wipes out" the billions of lives that would exist as a direct result of killing him, and vice versa. Both of those options "wipe out" the billions of lives that would exist as a direct result of Jack somehow going full edgelord and joining Aku.
>>
>>92647944
>Gendy will almost certainly address this in an interview at some point
lmao

>Uhhh... yeah, they're totally fine and stuff.
>Then why didn't you show it in the epilogue to avoid confusion?
>muh 10 episodes
>>
>>92648417
It ain't pretty but it's salvageable. The true beauty is the goodness and the life that persevered on earth despite akus attempts otherwise, and instead of fostering that growth Jack just snuffs it out. What a hero.
>>
>>92648488
Really? Those ravers were suffering? With there free electricity and eternal party?
At most these people had one bad encounter with AKU then got to lead the rest of their lives in peace.
>>
>>92648226
>she was brought back by the gods
What a fucking cop out. Holy shit.
>>
>>92648589
>snuffout
If Jack died, the world would go on. What makes you think, since Jack altered time, the world ceases to fucking exist?
>>
>>92648538
>no answer
Come on, I really want to give you a rebuttal but I really need to know what to call you to drive home how stupid you are.
>>
>>92648472
Why should Jack help the little girl at all if his intention is to just erase her later anyway?

Your strawmans make less and less sense the more you go on.
>>
>>92648472
>Someone getting raped means her entire life wasn't worth existing, so she should fade out of existence and take everyone else with her

Nice meme.
>>
>>92648560
One "would have existed"
Other outright "did exist".

You cant see that one takes precedence over the other?
>>
>>92648635
>probably hunted by the Aku police men for noise complaints.
S'probably why they didn't have a building or something to rave in. Kicked out of every city over fifty years.
>>
/co/ is making the radical pro life/westboro baptist church type seem tame in comparison with their reaching and ilogical moralizing.
>>
>>92648542
So much this, over this two days I participated in SJ threads, I'm starting to hate words like "probably", "possibly", because that's all we have. Why bother answering hard questions? Just ignore them, LOL. This is the real hackery in ending.
>>
>>92648525
>he could've been jumping to the side
He clearly wasn't tho. Again gendy is supposed to be the master visual storyteller so if he was trying to do this its not conveyed.
>>
>>92648384
>Because that would then open up for multi-verse theory bullshit
Eh, not really. And those people could still exist, just on their own planets instead. Hell, they could have just showed a few of the old cast doing their thing happily in the new future and that'd take care of almost all the complaints.

Instead we have this.
>>
>>92648702
It happens twice. Jack doesn't move. There for, it's plausible that you can't move when the screech rings encircle you.
>>
>>92648667
Your tears are saltier than these here crisps, my dear boy
>>
>>92648164
>the true manifestation of evil would never be a source of laughter.

Why not? He can have a good time while slaughtering thousands.
>>
>>92648465
>What's the ending that would have come the closest to covering all bases?
Single timeline where the future is rewritten so that everyone is alive but living better, Aku-free lives. Except Ashi, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>92648669
>>92648673
Niggas, this is happening right after Jack got back. She wont be erased, you are the one imagining that this is happening on the future.
>>
>>92648677
>Other outright "did exist".

They "did exist" in a future that never happened? That's the opposite of existing.

In the past, they people of the bad future are just as "would have existed" as any other alternative. The only difference is that we, the audience, saw them.
>>
>>92648649
The future world ceases to exist just like how ashi ceases to exist. Is this too hard to wrap your peewee brain around? Are you retarded
>>
>>92647803
>He's doing a shitty job of making everyone on a single planet suffer, then.

Well actually its outright stated that aku has severely damaged or destroyed multiple planets, which is why their populations fled to earth.

I think its implied that Earth is relatively more well off than a lot of other planets so that it can function as a base of operations for Aku's minions. Still shitty though, and Aku goes out of his way to make things really shitty for specific groups that can't give him things.
>>
>>92648728
He got bored of it though. You see when the Scottsman came with the Tundro army? Aku is CLEARLY passed the point of caring by that time.
>>
>>92648523
Fuck no.

>>92648542
It will ensure that the shitposting will go on forever. Nobody's questions have been answered. It's like season 5 never happened, because it didn't. Bravo Genndy
>>
>>92648673
How the hell do you got it from that?
>>
>>92648755
Yes. THAT FUTURE THAT AKU WAS IN ceases to exist. Now they have an AKU FREE FUTURE WHICH THEY DON'T SUFFER AND HAVE ACTUAL FOREST AND CRIME IS ON AN ALLTIME LOW

BUT NO, LET'S MAKE JACK GO BACK TO THE FUTURE AND WATCH AS THE PLANET FUCKING CHOKES ITSELF OUT WITH ALL THE MACHINES, SMOG, AND CRIMINALS THAT ESCAPED INTERGALACTIC JAILS AND INVADERS FROM OTHER PLANETS, CAUSE THAT'S WHAT /co/ DEMANDS GENNDY DO AND /co/ KNOWS BEST!

I'm glad /co/ didn't fucking exist when shit like Beast Wars was airing.
>>
>>92648749
Ah, so suffering only matters when it happens in jacks original timeline. If this was happening in the future Jack shouldn't care because after they've all suffered they get the luxury of no longer existing.
>>
>>92648754
It did exist till a certain hack butchered the setting
>>
>>92647421
Is there a name for the idea that going back in time and doing good ends existence for many people? Like "the Fry effect"?

Like stopping Ghengis Khan from raping his way across the world. It sounds good, but like 1/3 of modern humans are products of those rapes.
>>
Yes, by going back, back to the past. Samurai Jack saved countless lives and stop countless horrors.
In the very same stroke he wiped out countless people from ever living.

You can't say killing is badong but wiping someone from existence is ganobab
>>
>>92646873
/a/ had a shitstorm when Steins;Gate finalr aired. The MC got to save his waifu, but at the price of her friends happiness. He also erased everyone in the bad future and replaced them with other versions of themselves with his time travel fuckery.
>>
>>92648523
If one doesn't exist, does the question even matter?
>>
Put it this way /co/. I go back in time and kill moot before he makes 4chan, right? Some other form of 4chan would exist and get created by someone else.
>>
>>92648719
He didn't move the second time because the Jack we got in this season is selfish and places himself over others. We see this Jack so this in other instances too, when he immediately jumps into the time portal, etc,

He's not the heroic Jack that went through sacrifice of other time portals for the greater good.
>>
>>92648927
Are you planing something?
>>
>>92647653
>>92647729
That's literally a fan made storyboard. Don't get me wrong, I love it and prefer it, but don't delude yourselves
>>
>>92648927
Why would you think that? Something similar might fill its weird niche but it wouldn't be 4chan.
>>
>>92648964
OR, he was shocked that his fucking waifu just vomited a fucking time portal. He thought they were all gone. But his girlfriend fucking burps one up, while he's incapacitated by Aku.
>>
>>92648865

Read >>92648560
>>
>>92649001
Gotta get Moot
Gotta get moot
Gotta give him the boot.
>>
File: aku face 2.png (185KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aku face 2.png
185KB, 500x375px
>>92648669
>"Hohoho" laughts the fat NEET. "I don't care that he is raping this girl that you met when you were a child. It is necessary for her to suffer, just so Aku can continue existing!"

>"Why?! Why you want Aku to keep existing tormenting the good people of this time and for eons?" Jack ask surprised

>"I like the people of the future." says the fat NEET. "They provided me some entertainment, there is no problem if Aku kills and turn everybody else into an slave, as long as he manages to conquer the world and things get like I want them, on the third episode!"

>"This is insane....why you think that so many people suffering is worth of it?"

>"Ohohohoh. You only care about yourself Jack! Now let me sit here above you, while we whatch Aku kill billions of people across thousand years!

> Why? Why you allow them to suffer? I could have created a future and a present of happiness, of hope, of freedom. Why you force them to live in such a horrible existence?

>"Geez, you care only about yourself!"
>>
File: 1489897497311.jpg (39KB, 438x431px) Image search: [Google]
1489897497311.jpg
39KB, 438x431px
>>92648766
He wasn't bored. He was depressed. He had years of no opposition to his rule. But now Jack was back with the means to end him. And every single thing he's thrown at him failed.

So he takes out every time portal so Jack can't go back in time with the intent of letting Jack die of old age. But that doesn't happen. And now there's rebellion but he can't go out to deal with it personally because he fears the samurai would be there, despite not knowing Jack had no sword.

And you know he would have LOVED to squash the rebellion. Did you see the smirk that he had when he killed the Scotsman? How his mood perked immediately when he thought Jack had no sword?
>>
>>92648825
Yeah despite good people existing everywhere and Jack literally has an army behind his back (filled with just a fraction of people he's saved) the future is completely unsalvagable.

Jk, Jack is immortal, he could've killed aku and restored the future like any hero would.
>>
>>92649084
>no opposition
I think he got raided like, every other day, man. And any time he wasn't, he had to deal with offerings and stupid bounty hunter bullshit.
>>
>>92648927
>Some other form of 4chan would exist and get created by someone else.
And how are you so sure of this?
>>
>>92649098
>immortal
>almost died four times in season 5 due to injuries.
>>
File: disappearingscotsman.gif (354KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
disappearingscotsman.gif
354KB, 470x353px
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0imv3K7owdE
>>
>>92646413
It should also be pointed out that there was no way back, as far as Jack knew.
>>
I do kinda wish there was a short montage at or near the end of the various characters living a better future
>>
>>92649018
Hmm. Guess gendy isn't good at visual storytelling after all.

Jacks smile inside the portal implied that he was okay with being selfish.
>>
>>92649117
Think about it. People would get banned from other sites like Funnyjunk, Somethingawful, Youtube, NewGrounds, and they would all come together under some site and just shit post endlessly.
>>
>>92649070
Jack could've made a future for everyone without deleting them from existence. You're still ignoring this.
>>
>>92649110
>I think he got raided like, every other day, man
There's a difference between "opposition" and little gnats trying to nip at you.

He was under no real threat until Jack came into play. Any sort of raid against him is crushed within seconds.
>>
>>92649165
OR, he smiled cause he was going back in time to defeat a weakened Aku with his fucking Aku powered up waifu and didn't know the fucking future would be erased.

And if we go by this, the whole fucking show from season 1 episode 2 would not exist. Because Jack came back so fast Aku was like 'BACK ALREADY!?' thus saving billions of people from dying. But no. You're the selfish one who wants Jack to be in a fucking dying planet, just cause he was friends with a scottish ghost and a dapper dog.
>>
>>92649110
He seemed surprised about attack on his tower. Who knows, but offerings and bounty hunter stuff isn't really a sign of opposition.
>>92649151
Oh fuck you, that's cruel.
>>
>>92649208
>JACK KILLS FUTURE AKU
>AKU STILL KILLED ALL OF JACKS FRIENDS
>PEOPLE STILL GETTING KILLED BY ALIEN INVADERS, CRIMINALS AND BOUNTY HUNTERS
>AKU FOLLOWERS STILL ROAMING THE LAND SEEKING REVENGE, KILLING INNOCENT LIVES
>JACK WATCHES ALL HIS FRIENDS WHO DID SURVIVE DIE OF FUCKING OLD AGE SINCE HE'S IMMORTAL.

Yes, better end. Send it to Genndy.
>>
>>92649144
He's can't die from age is what I'm saying, and there's literally nothing that can kill him

He had all the time in the world to make things right.
>>
>>92649276
You know, unless someone fucking stabs him in the heart. He almost died when the 7 daughters you know, almost killed him.
>>
>>92646768
Is it though? If you don't exist, what does anything matter?
>>
>>92649222
why are the people's lives worth so less than those in the past that they deserve a fate worse than death?

>he din kno lol
Bad writing.
>>
File: aku face ikra.png (197KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aku face ikra.png
197KB, 500x375px
>>92649208
>Fat NEET says "You can just make a future that I like, just forget all the people that Aku killed"

>Jack answer him by saying "But I AM on the past, I CAN save the past, I CAN ensure that thw world will know thousand years of peace instead of suffering under Aku, I can save the people of my time, I can save their children, their grandkids, and all of theur descendants!"

>"Naaaaaah I dont want you to do this" says the fat NEET
>>
File: ashi.png (944KB, 1675x941px) Image search: [Google]
ashi.png
944KB, 1675x941px
>>92649222
Alot of us don't really care what time period it was, we just wanted a happy ending for /ourgirl/
>>
>>92648825
>Now they have an AKU FREE FUTURE WHICH THEY DON'T SUFFER AND HAVE ACTUAL FOREST AND CRIME IS ON AN ALLTIME LOW
Some people do, but they don't. They don't even exist.
>>
>>92648754
>They "did exist" in a future that never happened?
Then what the fuck were we watching for the first four seasons? Static?
>>
>>92649331
>Fate worse than death
Fucking lol

Everytime that you jack off you are making your future hypotethical children have fate worse than death!
>>
>>92649263
All of jacks friends survived even when aku was alive. Why would they suddenly be killed by criminals? With the master of evil gone, why would criminals still come to the planet when there's no incentive anymore? There would be no more evil scientists since they worked directly for aku.

You really think it's that impossible for a success story about taking back your fucking planet?

Why am I even responding to you? It's obvious from your ALL CAPS STYLE that you're a brainlet summerfag
>>
>>92649416
They dont exist in the past.
>>
File: Ruh Roh.png (322KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
Ruh Roh.png
322KB, 540x407px
>>92649385
>>92649331
>fate worse then death
>Existing in a time where Aku has robot machines ruining villages for fucking fun by this point, bounty hunters, intergalactic aliens and criminals come to the planet just to fucking wreck shit. Monsters live around every corner, demons wander the land looking for souls, no safety, no shelter, no food, vegetation is dying out for machines, have to watch over your shoulder for beast or bounty hunters just because you know Jack's name.

Mmm, they sure lived a happy life, huh?
>>
>>92645760
>For 15 years the plot was about a samurai whose ultimate goal was to get back to the past
>people are assblasted and surprised that he gets back to the past
>>
>>92649299
You're right he almost died when the greatest threat to him EVER tried to take him out at his weakest and most vulnerable time. And one of those threats became his gf who may or may not of still had aku powers.

U r retarded sorry
>>
>>92649416
I don't know what you're complaining about. The first four seasons of the show were almost entirely episodic.
>>
>>92649222
>>92649361
Says the ashifag, but yeah, it was possible to make ending work in any time period. IF THEY ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING. What we got was the minimal amount possible. Aku? Simply dead. Future? Nothing. Jack? Well, he's in the past, that's something. Ashi? Wait, that's too much, cut her out.
>>
>>92649418
Literally not the same thing at all.
>>
File: Soon.png (491KB, 659x612px) Image search: [Google]
Soon.png
491KB, 659x612px
>>92649427
>all of Jack's friends survived
The ravers knocked off their birds and falling god knows how many feet to the ground.

The dogs killed in their flying airships by Aku's rain of needles.
The ones squashed by Aku turned into his minions.
The fish people and the fish they flew in on fucking getting skewered from the rain of needles.
The robots in Samurai Robo getting fucking destroyed.

Yes. They all survived.
>>92649483
Oh, and the leeches. And the other times in the first four seasons where he almost died. But you're right. I'm the retarded one.
>>
>>92649468
I bet they enjoyed a cool afterlife in fucking Valhalla before Jack ripped that away from them so he could see mom and dad again.
>>
>>92649161
Well there's not. So now we get to hypothesize about the possibilities of existential genocide. All thanks to Jack.
>>
File: Scub.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Scub.png
1MB, 1280x960px
>>92649557
And I bet those billions that Aku killed, probably more then what Jack erased, suffered a nice death before hand.
>>
>>92649239
>that's cruel
That's reality.
>>
>>92649352
>I CAN save the past!
By sacrificing all of your non consenting friends and any goodness that was sprouting in akus world.

If Jack was so committed to getting back to the past like your greentexts imply he shouldn't of given a single fuck about the existence of any future people since they were going to be erased anyway, meaning he should've went into the first portal he sees. But he doesn't, because he's selfless. He's not that way in the finale.
>>
>>92649352
Do you think that changing the past would not profoundly change the future? The people Jack has met and befriended existed because of the world Aku had made, just as you and I exist because of the world made by people long dead. Do you think everything would be the same? The Scotsman would still exist without evil to vanquish and a need to protect his homeland? That dogs would be driven to uncover their past? That any of the thousands of aliens driven to Earth would have bothered if not for Aku destroying their homes?

You'd have to be foolish to think any of the people Jack has met or helped out would exist if Aku were killed in the past.
>>
>>92649301
That's what's so scary about it. Existence is all we have. Take that away and we're... nothing.
>>
File: YOU WERE A DOG ONCE.gif (2MB, 556x418px) Image search: [Google]
YOU WERE A DOG ONCE.gif
2MB, 556x418px
>>92649427
>come to a planet where rape, murder and kidnapping is perfectly OK.
>Destroy any buildings you want, there's no cops to stop you
Yes, why do they keep coming to the planet? It's a fucking mystery.
>>92649618
>JACKS THE SELFISH ONE BECAUSE HE WANTED TO STOP ALL THE SUFFERING OF THE PEOPLE LIVING UNDER THE REIN OF AKU BY GOING BACK TO THE PAST AND KILLING AKU BEFORE HE COULD BECOME THE THREAT HE BECAME.
>>
>>92649468
>have a shitty life in the future that is Aku
>die
>whew it's a good thing there's this nice cozy afterlife waiting for me where I can see all my friends and family and don't have to worry about that asshole Aku
>oh wait what some faggot samurai just retconned my soul so not only am I not alive I don't even exist anymore?
>thanks jack
>>
>>92645760
Is there going to be a "Samurai 'Child-killing nickname' Jack" style greentext for all the characters who's erasure he apparently caused?
>>
File: He has seen things.png (2MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
He has seen things.png
2MB, 1280x853px
>>92649672
>cozy afterlife
We only know there's a fucking afterlife thanks to the Celtic Runes on the Scottsman's sword. Everyone else fucking probably didn't have a cozy afterlife. Notice how not once, the afterlife is brought up in any of the fucking episodes. Or ghost besides the Scottsman.
>>
>>92649418
If they existed and then de-aged back until they were sperm, then I nutted them into a fapkin which I then flushed down the toilet.

It's okay though. These things require some level of intelligence and extrapolation so I'm not surprised that some of you are simply too stupid to comprehend these complex philosophical questions.
>>
>>92649549
The people who sacrificed their life weren't even a fraction of everyone who Jack has met his entire life, and they all didn't even get wiped out.

You are retarded if you think now that Jack has any real opposition that could kill him after aku is dead and he has his overpowered girlfriend and overpowered ghost Scot by his side, yes.
>>
File: [your favorite game].png (3MB, 1280x2202px) Image search: [Google]
[your favorite game].png
3MB, 1280x2202px
>people being this mad when the entire premise of the show was to return to the past and UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU
What the fuck did you expect to happen?
>>
>>92649585
Excruciating deaths are tolerable under the pretense you get to fuck hot Valkyries for the rest of your existence.
>>
>>92649663
I mean, they could have spent like 5 minutes of him at least considering the sacrifice. Instead he doesn't care, despite living longer in the future than in the past. Who was he to decide who should live or die? He should have at least finished off Aku in the future so you could at least say there are alternate timelines, one where Aku was defeated in the future and one in the past. Instead we see Jack not caring about anyone he helped in his 50 year crusade, banishing them to oblivion without a second thought. Is that concept beyond you?
>>
>>92649585
They did. And they're in the afterlife chilling. So yay, they get to enjoy a few decades on earth before dying also and then going back to where they already were, but everyone else in the future, when all the past faggots would already be long dead, no longer exist.
>>
>>92649744
Honestly? Him to realize that there was still good in the future despite Aku's dickery and that while he couldn't save the past, he could have saved the future. Much better storyline and lesson overall than what we got.
>>
>>92649663
>there's no cops to stop you
But there is an immortal samurai and his fucking army to, and that's just people we know about.
>>
File: 20 min.jpg (76KB, 310x265px) Image search: [Google]
20 min.jpg
76KB, 310x265px
>>92649614
So Jack turned into an even worse version of Nox? Because Nox just wanted to save his own family, and all those who would have died would have lived and not much else would have changed.
>>
>>92645760
This is one of my biggest problems with Season 5. All of Jacks character growth built up in the first three episodes is rendered irrelevant later on. Episodes 5-10 almost feel like a different series.
>>
File: samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg (2MB, 4850x1940px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg
2MB, 4850x1940px
>>92645760
It seems like /co/ is the only place where the final episode was not well received. Outside of here, the last episode was in the middle of the pack amongst the other episodes, and was well liked.

/co/ rated it 6.62 while IMDB rated it 9.50.
>>
>>92649707
There's Valhalla, the Celtic Runes, Jack's ancestors. So that's three cultures with their own afterlife. There are probably many, many more.
>>
File: SCOBBY DEW.png (105KB, 250x265px) Image search: [Google]
SCOBBY DEW.png
105KB, 250x265px
>>92649762
You mean like those fucking valkyries that came and helped Jack fight Aku? Oh wait. Aku probably wiped them out 50 fucking years ago.
>>92649762
Wait for the DVD/BluRay set, man. We may get better pacing in that. Also, we may get a BluRay/DVD set.
>we see Jack not caring about anyone
Almost all of them, save the Spartans and some of the Scottsmans daughters, fucking died in the needle rain. It wasn't until Scottsman did a bagpipe force-field did we know half of his daughters were wiped out.

>B-b-b-but my thicc scottish waifu
They all got skewered, rather easily, by Aku's needle rain.
>>
>>92649707
>scoobyfag confirmed only watched season 5

There are multiple afterlives shown if you watched the series you shitposting faggot.
>>
>>92649707
>valhalla for the lava monster/presence of Odin
>reincarnation for Vishnu
>Ra indicates an egyptian afterlife
>cronus implies olympus
>Jacks parents in an unnamed afterlife.
>>
>>92646095
>Years of suffering, destruction, and death by the hand of Aku a whole different time were you didn't wake up to hear aku laughing at your misery.
>>
>>92649699
As soon as people have calmed down enough to start writing. I'll start
>Samurai "End Your Friends" Jack
>>
File: Hello Ladies.png (434KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Ladies.png
434KB, 540x407px
>>92649833
Please, tell me the afterlife of the Woolies or the Archers. Or that one penis headed guy. Or that Popeye robot.
>>92649802
>Army
>most of the army was killed by the rain of needles by Aku or turned into his minions.
>an 'immortal' samurai that can be stabbed to death by anyone willing to use a meatshield

Now tell me again, Jack's Wolf bro would be his crime fighting dog, right?
>>
>>92649835
No, I mean the Valkyries that came from the afterlife in Valhalla in the series you didn't watch because you're a faggot and now you're making shit up to cover.
>>
>>92649824
Movies/shows don't generally get terrible reviews because of a heavily divisive/contrived ending.
>>
>>92649744
They could have just showed the people Jack met living happy Aku-less lives in the new future instead of the butterfly effect bullshit they implied through Ashi's disappearance.
>>
>>92646095
>thinks murder is bad
>but mass time travel induced abortions are ok

This is the future liberals want
>>
File: Scabby.png (174KB, 319x407px) Image search: [Google]
Scabby.png
174KB, 319x407px
>>92649843
Physical evidence. We only see one guy get killed and return mere seconds later as a ghost.
>>
>>92649835
Scoobyfag is even dumber than Shaggyfag and I hope he gets banned for avatarfagging.
>>
>>92649895
You mean the Valkeries, all three in total, from that episode in season 1, that didn't even bother to show up to help Jack when the fucking sea monkeys and herd of Mr. Snuffleupaguses did? The ones that sat in Valhalla and let Aku do this shit? Those ones?
>>
>>92649890
The robots might be fucked since they're soulless machines, but I'm sure the Woolies and all the other races had their own afterlife. Hell, apparently they were living peacefully before the blue fuckers, even in Aku's mess.

Now they don't exist at all.
>>
>>92648050
Because their very birth wasn't directly influenced by circumstances Kermit created, dummy.

Aku has been fucking shit up for thousands of years. All the people in the future Jack experiences were born as a result of his actions, be it directly or indirectly. Getting rid of Aku gets rid of the circumstances hat led to their births, so they aren't even created to begin with.
>>
File: 1410812177326.gif (463KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1410812177326.gif
463KB, 300x188px
>>92646576
>Why didn't Aku say this?
>Why didn't they bring the Guardian back?
>>
>>92649902
I mean, if you gave liberals the power to delete anyone with wrongthink from existence, they'd abuse the shit out of it.
>>
File: 1456265326834.gif (358KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1456265326834.gif
358KB, 500x357px
I have the feeling that some anons here would indeed do the best that they can to not let Jack kill Aku, and LET Aku fuck the planet for thousand years.

Are they retarded?
>>
>>92649971
If I recall, only the Scottsmans daughters were direct results of Aku being Aku. Others like the Woolies and the undersea kingdom were existing before Aku's wrath, or came to this planet to Escape Aku's grasp reaching their homeplanet, only to find out, that 'LOL I'M ACTUALLY FROM EARTH' and had to deal with Aku's shit.

At least before they all died, they showed Jack made them stronger in spirit.
>>
>>92649869
>Samurai "Blot out the Scot" Jack
>Samurai "Don't Save the Rave" Jack
>Samurai "Gutter-stomp the guttersnipe" Jack
>Samurai "Get rid of the kids" Jack
>Samurai "Monks get dunked" Jack
>Samurai "Who's Lulu?" Jack
>>
File: SCOOBY NO.gif (2MB, 495x372px) Image search: [Google]
SCOOBY NO.gif
2MB, 495x372px
>>92649992
>>92650016
>>92649928
You think this Scoobyfagging is bad? People from Youtube are making petitions to harass Genndy to make their 'perfect ending' a thing.
>>
>>92649744
For him to kill future aku, saving the future, and then travel back and kill past aku. Thus creating a split imeline where both are free of Aku, and justifying why he always sacrificed his chance to go home for the sake of protecting people who ended being erased under this time travel ruleset.
>>
>>92648677
>One "would have existed"

No, it did exist until Aku threw Jack into the future, genociding that timeline and replacing it with a timeline where HIS EVIL IS LAW. All Jack doing was attempting to return to the past and restore the original timeline.
>>
>>92648050
Those people still exist in your example, but the descendants of a couple who met through kermit as a mutual friend wouldn't exist, which would snowball into more and more nonexistence as the generations went by.
Kermit isn't even the ruler of the world and directly influential on people, so imagine the effect Aku's disappearance had.
>>
You faggots seem to forget something as well. Past Aku sent Past Jack into the time portal no problem. This means Past Jack will go through these events again and become Future Jack, meet all his friends, and then fight Aku with Ashi, only for the cycle to be repeated again. But no. Jack's selfish. He's caught in an eternal loop with Aku.
>>
>>92649955
>WHY ARENT GODS INTERVENING IN THIS STRUGGLE?
Brainlet
>>
File: fuck you.png (68KB, 222x219px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
68KB, 222x219px
>>92650097
>kermit isn't even the ruler of the world
>>
>>92649824
I know this saying gets tossed around like a tennis ball in a country club, but i'm pretty sure it defines the reason why so much of /co/ is against jack defeating aku in the past
/co/ is full of contrarians
>>
>>92649620
I can understand the existential dread that this particular conundrum brings up, but consider all of the suffering that Jack prevents by killing Aku. The people in the timeline where the future is Aku, don't exist, but there are many more people who couldn't have existed in the future that is Aku who now exist and don't have to suffer the things that happen in the other timeline.

In this scenario where Aku demonstrably causes a level of suffering that none of us could even dream of, does existence or lack thereof for the happier people not matter? Or is it somehow more moral to ensure that suffering perpetuates and doom the happier people to not existing at all? It cuts both ways.
>>
File: RELP ME.png (2MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
RELP ME.png
2MB, 1280x853px
>>92650127
Oh you mean the gods who let a droplet of the ultimate evil fall onto the planet and cause this whole thing to begin with? Yeah, why didn't those gods send down demi gods to try and defeat Aku from fucking shit up?
>>
>>92650091
The fact that it's a linear timeline means that the bad timeline was the "de facto" or status quo.
A choice was made in the present that impacted the future, whereas Jack and Ashi travelled to the past and made a choice that changed the present. Get what I mean?
>>
>>92650018
>Samurai "Retcon the Robot" Jack
>>
>>92650115
It would be a loop if he never came back to his past (like go back to the past, find out you have to go back to future time (S1E1) and live it through)
>>
>>92650097
This. Going back in time and killing Hitler back during WWI would drastically change the outcomes of the countless families that were born/died out from his influence....

... which would then go on to alter the history of families their descendants interacted with/fucked/etc... Add into that the families that fled to America, and how the Second World War impacted all of its participants across the globe, and you'll start to realize how many families were born and came together as a result of the circumstances of wartime.

Now imagine that on a galactic scale. Killing somebody as influential as Aku would drastically alter the future to the point of it being completely unrecognizable, especially in regards to the people living in it. Nobody in the future seasons 1-5 took place in could exist without Aku.
>>
>>92650174
Not like it mattered, Past Jack has to deal with all the shit Aku does until Future Jack shows up to kill Past Aku.
>>
>>92650170
What does it have to do with anything? Gods are typically selfish. Jack is not selfish, but he becomes selfish in the finale.
>>
>>92650188
But Past Jack did come back, as Future Aku. Those mere seconds between each portal was probably over millennia. Past Jack went on those crazy adventures and becomes future Jack.
>>
File: GENE SIMONS.png (331KB, 537x302px) Image search: [Google]
GENE SIMONS.png
331KB, 537x302px
>>92650213
>An ageless Samurai with a gi that appears when he wills it, hat crafting skills, and a magic sword that can kill Aku because he's godlike.
>is selfish.
>>
>>92650174
I get what you mean, but Aku also made a choice to throw Jack into the future and genocide the timeline that existed up until that point.

Like, you're saying that it's completely fine to go forward in time but going back in time creates a massive moral dilemma, and that both means Aku wins no matter what and that somehow the original timeline that existed prior to Jack being thrown into the future is somehow less important than whatever you define as "the present", which is ridiculous. Aku's future is a shithole where billions have died and it's a far better choice to genocide that timeline than to allow Aku to genocide the peaceful Japan timeline.
>>
>>92650213
It's Ashi he was worried about. Ashi was the one who decided to open the damn portal when she heard what Aku did to him.
>>
>>92650228
From Jack's viewpoint it's a line, not a loop. He's raised by parents, all those trainers, gets sent to future, fucks around, goes back to past, kills Aku and lives his life. (>>92650115)
>caught in eternal loop
>>
>>92649916
We literally see someone get carried into the afterlife by Valkyries you unbelievable avatarfagging cunt
>>
>>92650204
But just as many OTHER people will come to exist instead
By holding the choice in your hand of Hitler existing and not existing, are you not choosing to blink one timeline's entire people out of existence? A decision must be made.
(deleted this post cos I linked to the wrong post and im anal)
>>
File: Jack timeline.png (8KB, 789x406px) Image search: [Google]
Jack timeline.png
8KB, 789x406px
>>92650313
Of course Jack doesn't know it's a loop, until after the first time round, cause, age doesn't happen to him if he's still effected by it.
>>
File: Dingus.png (133KB, 354x273px) Image search: [Google]
Dingus.png
133KB, 354x273px
>>92650322
Then why did you bring it up?
>>
>>92650247
Yes.

Too hard for brainlet to comprehend?
>>
>>92650017
>At least before they all died
You mean before they ceased to be.
>>
>>92650362
That's not a loop because Aku is dead, preventing the events of seasons 1-5. It's a new branch.
>>
>>92650362
A loop fucking loops. He's not stuck in the loop, he lived through future and never came back to it.
>>
>>92650340
If a person In the "present" before world war 2 chooses to kill hitler, they are not genociding a timeline, nor are they creating a different future. that is simply what was meant to happen. The dillema occurs when you attempt to change what already has occured.
>>
>>92650403
>Past Aku managed to send past Jack to the future through a portal
>Past Jack goes through the events of season 1-5 and becomes Future Jack
>Jack still meets those people he 'erases'

They're all in a fucking timeloop.
>>
>>92650410
>Past Aku sends him into a time portal
>who knows how long has past from Past Jack getting portal'd to future jack arriving to Past Aku

That moments of time could be fucking EONS between them, you fucking what m8?
>>
Rev up those headcannons, we're going into time travel.
>>92650428
>The dillema occurs when you attempt to change what already has occured.
But if Jack is in future, then Aku's rule already happened.
>>
>>92650384
Because you claimed the afterlife was never depicted
>>
>>92650152
The problem is that we as an audience know the future people, whereas the people in the past are hypothetical. You're substituting those who had existed for those who never got the chance to exist. As a result retconning the future seems more evil than saving the past because we know the future and the people who inhabit it.
>>
>>92650204
This. This is why you don't kill Hitler. Or Aku. Butterfly Effect is a bitch.
>>
>>92650490
Oh sorry, that was an alternate timeline.
>>
It's not like Jack wanted to go to the future in the first place, guys.
>>
>>92650270
>and that both means Aku wins no matter what
As the best character naturally should.
>>
>>92650428
If that person decides to kill Hitler, and Hitler throws them into the future, then Hitler just genocided the timeline where Hitler died. Those events were going to occur until time travel was used.

And yes, "going to occur" is perfectly valid. The future is going to happen, and if you use time travel to change that future, then you have altered the timeline and genocided a timeline.
>>
>>92650362
No, it doesn't loop because Jack kills Aku. It's a linear timeline with a big fucking detour.
>>
File: Shagger.gif (2MB, 550x414px) Image search: [Google]
Shagger.gif
2MB, 550x414px
>>92650583
People only complain about this shit because Jack. Almost everyone else on CN when Jack was around has altered time to some point or another, even more that weren't owned by CN.
>>
>>92650614
But Future Jack is Past Jack. Past Jack gets back to the past and Kills Past Aku, only because he fights with Future Aku who's daughter makes the portal and wouldn't exist if Future Aku is dead, see where I'm getting?
>>
>>92650637
Right, but then future Jack who's come back to the past continues living and the timeline changes.
>>
>>92650583
It doesn't matter if it was going to occur, what matters is if it DID occur. You cannot undo something that has not happened, whether it was on it's way or not.
>>
>>92650517
I feel that this argument is born less from a moral perspective than it is from the perspective of being attached to the people on the show. Because we also know that countless more people than the ones we see are guaranteed to have suffered. That was a part of the mental strain that Jack underwent. For every person he saved, scores of other people were dying horribly or living such awful lives. Given that and the surety that at least this version of the future does not come to pass, it seems like the best thing to do is kill Aku, even if it retcons the people born into that timeline, because just about any hypothetical timeline is better than what Aku brings.
>>
File: F.U.T.U.R.E.-1.jpg (68KB, 258x302px) Image search: [Google]
F.U.T.U.R.E.-1.jpg
68KB, 258x302px
>>92650583
Numbuh 4 is a MONSTER! And so is The Flash! And Danny Phanton! And the X-men for stopping Sentinels and Apocalipse!
>>
>>92650577
He didn't win. Winning is living for Aku. Why do you think he ditched the rest of his shadow brethren in Birth of Evil?
>>
>>92650185
>Samurai "Girl-Be-Gone" Jack
>Samurai The doggone dogs are gone" Jack
>>
>>92650658
But Past Jack, who was just sent mere seconds before Future Jack shows up, has to live through what Future Jack went through, correct? Aku's still alive in the time where Past Jack is flung off to, until the events of Future Jack meeting Ashi and coming back to the past to fight Aku.
>>
>>92650662
>You cannot undo something that has not happened, whether it was on it's way or not.

I think this is where you aren't comprehending:

It did happen. In the future.

The future exists even while you are in the present. That is why Aku could throw Jack into the future in the first place, because the future is something that exists and is defined by the events that occured in the past and present.
>>
>>92650689
It's complicated, but it's all part of a single timeline. The "past" just happens twice: once when Jack is sent to the future, and again when he returns and kills Aku.
>>
>>92650663
It's both. And all Genndy had to do to fix it is show the people in the future living happy lives free of Aku.
>>
>>92650668
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>92650679
>Winning is living for Aku
If Aku corrupted the samurai then I'd consider that a victory for him.
>>
>>92650687
>Samurai "No True Scotsman" Jack
>Samurai "Daughter Eraser" Jack
>>
>>92650799
Also, it goes against Jack's character to never sacrifice an innocent for his goals when by completing his goal he sacrifices all of the innocents he met along the way.
>>
>>92650799
Well, you got me there. It definitely would've been worth it to show what becomes of a future without Aku. I mean, we do have a Jack through which we'd be able to view this. But I digress. Personally, I think it's just fine that those people got wiped. If you don't exist then, yeah, you can't enjoy the things that make life special, but you also can't suffer the way they did. I'd call this a morally neutral action at worst.
>>
>>92650741
True, the future exists while you are in the future, but it hasn't happened yet. The main difference between the actions is that while Aku changed the future by his actions in the present, Jack changed the present by tampering with the past.
Aku changing the future did not genocide a timeline, just like Jack changing the future(relative to the present) did not genocide a timeline of Jashi decendents.
>>
>>92650620
yeah and we were all probably 12 and didnt comprehend the moral consequences of this (just like there all the pastfags here rn are 12)

if you like, suddenly bring back your series and say that you're going to subvert tropes and ask the harder hitting questions, maybe you should actually put the money where your mouth is.
>>
>>92650884
By not completing his goals, he perpetuates and absolutely ensures their suffering and that many more people don't get a chance to exist because a ton of people don't live long enough to have kids.
>>
File: ThisGuyOverHere!.png (175KB, 412x264px) Image search: [Google]
ThisGuyOverHere!.png
175KB, 412x264px
>>92650858
>No True Scotsman
>>
>>92650939
>dont get a chance to exist

Like who?
>>
>>92649824
all of these strawpolls were posted immediately after the episode aired

fuck even the finale needed time to sink in before people truly realized what the fuck just happened
>>
This entire discussion is just the fucking trolley problem

Aku put five people down on the train tracks
Jack diverted the train to hit one person instead of five

the only people that disagree with that course of action are fucking retards that think it's more important to be free of blame than to save the most lives
>>
>>92649468
The eternal ravers say other wise.
>>
>>92650889
>>92650939
>but you also can't suffer the way they did
But you can die and go to the afterlife where your soul exists peacefully for eternity.

It's not morally neutral. It's actually pretty bad. And it's bad because Genndy unintentionally made it a no-win scenario. Somebody's getting erased, whether it's the future or the past. But the future's existed, we've seen it, and therefore it carries more weight for us.

So we're just stuck here discussing a shitty ending which in its current state paints Jack as an omnicidal monster.
>>
File: 1479272227277.png (151KB, 341x314px) Image search: [Google]
1479272227277.png
151KB, 341x314px
>>92650811
>women uses time travel to turn boys into girls and dominate the world
>Numbuh 4 manages to run away for years, creates a resistence and fights until he is the last male of the world
>goes back in time
>avoids the vilain taking over the world, starts to desapear because of this
>acording to you, he is EVIL and a MURDERER because he saved the future
>>
>>92650892
This. It's what is versus what could be. The future where Aku doesn't exist never got a chance to happen because Aku changed it in the present. Jack is going back to the past and erasing the lives of people who've already existed.
>>
>>92650897
This.

>>92651051
Nah, Jack diverted it so that it doesn't hit anyone but those 5 people no longer exist.
>>
>>92651085
What does some other cartoon have to do with anything? Why the fuck should I care?

Are you legitimately autistic? Take a hike.
>>
>>92651063
>But you can die and go to the afterlife where your soul exists peacefully for eternity.

When Aku sent Jack to the future he denied that to the people that would exist (and do exist) when Jack beats Aku.

Aku commited time genocide when he used time travel.
Jack commited time genocide when he used time travel to undo the original.

Since both Aku and Jack have to damn a timeline, it all comes down to whether or not you think Aku's future or Jack's future is more important in preserving.

And if you say Aku's, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>92651111
>What does some other cartoon have to do with anything?

Its the same issue, happening in the same way.

This is actualy an extremelly common thing that happen on MULTIPLE cartoons and comics. Why you bitch only about Samurai Jack is the rue mystery.
>>
File: IMG_1617.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1617.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>the portal is right before me
>oh but my monk friends who are sacrificing themselves so I can return to the past and defeat Aku and undo the future which includes themselves are in trouble.
>wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them, I want them to continue living, I'll forget about this portal and go and rescue them
>I'm sure it won't take that long to find another one
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5MYbzLwKo
>>
>>92651149
Other cartoons are tonally different, have different themes, and different ways where time travel works, along with rules.

Trying to compare time travel between mediums is so autistic I can't believe how autistic you are.
>>
>>92651106
>Nah, Jack diverted it so that it doesn't hit anyone but those 5 people no longer exist.

Remember, Aku tied the five people down. Those five people are Jack's future that were fucked up when Aku threw him in the future. Jack decided he would rather save them than the one person (Aku's future)

Jack's timeline is five people and Aku's is one in this scenario because only a moron would argue that a timeline where Aku rules the world is better than a timeline with a peaceful Japan.
>>
>>92651111
>Why the fuck should I care?
You are basicaly defending any kind of future dystopia on any cartoon. Like the time where the Justice League saved the present, by going to the past and destroying nazis. According to you, they should have let them in peace.
>>
>>92651146
>you are a fucking retard if you think that character development and personal demons should take a backseat to finding a mcguffen to literally solve all your problems for you

Pastfags, everyone.
>>
>>92650998
All of the children that would've existed had the children in Aku's world not died. And this isn't much of a stretch, we've seen entire villages decimated. Hell, Scaramouche killed a whole village just to get to Jack. There's no reason to assume he didn't kill kids too. And that's just one guy over thousands of years

>>92651063
Claiming that Jack is an omnicidal maniac is a really big stretch to make. He didn't go into this with the hope of killing a ton of people. While we've seen the people whose lives Jack has improved, what about the people Jack couldn't get to?

And while there is demonstrably an afterlife, I believe the only Afterlife we get to see is Valhalla which is reserved for those who died bravely in battle. Most people wouldn't be able to get there.

I get that we are attached to the characters we saw, in the timeline we saw, but saying that Jack did something that is outright evil because Genndy didn't quite handle the time we got. I mean, stripped of the rage, I think >>92651146
makes a good point.
>>
>>92651200
What the fuck does the Justice League have to do with Samurai Jack?

Jesus Christ I can't keep up with this autism
>>
>>92651063
But we also have seen plenty of times the past, yes, they were flash-backs, but we could see how things were and how life was before and during Aku's attack.

Yes, it's a no-win situation, but I think Genndy showing what the whole intro of "50 years have passed yet it seems thibgs haven't truly changed" showcase how shitty the future really was now, even if Jack had gotten his sword back, maybe stuff would still go badlyn

Now, I agree the one true beef of everyone who doesn't agree with the finale was that there should have been a bigger epilogue showing how life changed for good for everyone who were supported by, and then supporting Jack, but I feel it was very well implied with the ending pic, what with the forest being more alive.

That, and it's also obvious there's some faggots who only want to keep complaining and act retarded, but at least they can get banned so yeah theres that.
>>
>>92651209
>character development and personal demons
>personal demons

hey remember in the first episode when jack saw all the people from the past screaming YOU ABANDONED US

yeah
>>
>>92651188
>have different themes
The theme of this one was getting to the past

>and different ways where time travel works
This one worled the same, plenty of them work in a similar way to Samurai Jack, to be honest. Do you want more examples?

The Flash, Wonder Woman, Dexter, Power Puff Girls, Danny Phanton, Teen Titans, the Xmen.
>>
>>92651233
because you're being a retard and saying that going back to the past is evil and time genocide even when you're fighting cartoon supervillains

"time genocide" is fucking retarded
>>
>>92651233
>What the fuck does the Justice League have to do with Samurai Jack?

>Character does the same thing as the other, in a similar manner, and has the same results

>Most people are okay with one case, but on the other case, dumb anon gets triggered.

Even when they are pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>92651235
hey remember when nothing like that happened for literally the rest of the series
>>92651243
I haven't watched any of that shit or remember any of it because I am not a manchild. Why you can't keep the discussion contained to one fucking medium is beyond me.
>>
>>92651209
>>92651209
>finding a mcguffen to literally solve all your problems for you
THAT SURE SOUNDS LIKE THE ENTIRE PREMISE OF THE GODDAMN SERIES TO ME, YOU MORON
>>
In my head cannon there are three endings.

A. The past ending with Jack being alone
B. The past ending with Jack having Ashi because the god's allowed it
C. The future ending/King jack ending where ashi dies but the world crowns him a king
D. The future ending where King Jack and Queen Ashi reign supreme

Ending D is cannon IN MY HEAD ONLY FUCK YOU JANENNDY
>>
>>92651266
>time genocide is retarded

So was Jack going back to the past.
>>
>>92651337
I think that it is getting pretty obvious that you are baiting.
>>
>>92651315
Every time he found a mcguffen it wasn't meant to be.

And no, the entire premise of the goddamn series is defeating Aku.
>>
>>92651146
>to undo the original
Which never happened. The "original" timeline is actually the alternate.
>>
>>92651360
Well seeing how Jack did go to the past, and it left the ending a paradoxical mess, I'd say the only one baiting is you. Faggot.
>>
>>92651198
Then it's 5 for 5 at the very least.
>>
>>92651200
>According to you, they should have let them in peace
Yes. Holy fuck yes.
>>
>>92651218
Nah, there's definitely more than one afterlife. Jack even asks his ancestors for strength to defeat those basket bots.

The only point worth taking away from this is that the ending we got sucks.
>>
>>92651365
Why do you say it never happened? Of course it happened. It existed as Jack was slaying Aku, because the future exists just as much as the present does. By opening a portal and throwing jack into the future, Aku genocided the timeline where he died to Jack and created one where Jack went missing and he was able to win.

Like, here's a thought experiment for you: Where did the portal to the future that Aku threw Jack into actually go to before Jack was cast into it? A portal was made, and Jack was thrown inside. And it just went to "the future". The future, as in the consequences to the events of the present, had already happened. That is how the future works.

>>92651401
No, of course not. Aku's timeline is worse than Jack's. By a lot.

Do you honestly think that Aku's future is just as good as Jack's future? Where countless people die as Aku unleashes a horrifying reign of darkness for hundreds of years?
>>
>>92651538
I'm saying Jack throwing Aku into the future is the actual timeline. That's what's supposed to happen. There was no past, as Jack remembers it, until Jack made it so by returning to the past to kill Aku.

Aku is Hitler, and Jack went back in time to kill Hitler.
>>
>>92651538
>Do you honestly think that Aku's future is just as good as Jack's future?
Is Jack's future just our present?
>>
>>92651456
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that.

But yeah, I think that our common ground here is absolutely that the ending could've definitely been better.
>>
>>92651690
Its likely Dexter Lab and PPG present.
>>
>>92651665
No, you imbecile, because 1, Aku is WORSE than Hitler (fuck, Aku has stated he's the encarnation of Evil) plenty of times. And 2, we really don't know either how time travelling actually works, and unless we've suffered actual changes to our timelines and remember each change, then we don't even know for sure if time travel can exist at all.

Stop acting like your headcannon is superior to what Genndy, AS, CN and everyone who are ok with the ending agree with, fucking autist
>>
>>92651665
>I'm saying Jack throwing Aku into the future is the actual timeline.

I brought up the thought experiment for a reason. Before Jack was cast into it, a time portal was opened to the future.

At that moment in time, where did that portal go?

It certaintly didn't go to THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU, because Jack had not been cast into it yet and that future did not yet exist. Obviously, then, it went to the future of that moment, and that future was CHANGED when Jack was cast inside.

If you believe that Jack was "destined" to go the future, and that the portal always went to THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU, then Jack was always destined to go back in time and kill Aku in the past anyway at the conclusion of season 5, which should have stopped the future from existing.

Therefore, Aku CHANGED the future. It was not all predestined.
>>
>>92651787
>Aku is WORSE than Hitler
Well that's not hard, on account of Hitler doing nothing wrong.
>>
File: Scotsman_2.png (221KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Scotsman_2.png
221KB, 720x540px
>>92646576
>At least we won't hafta hear anymore o' yer blatherin'! Ye brow-flamin', pit-dwellin', haggis-smellin'...[poof]
>>
>>92651787
>the ending is good because CN and gendy said so

this is advanced autism
>>
File: vlcsnap-error050.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error050.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>just finished episode ten
>honestly feel worse for having watched it than if my headcanon was just that he had kept searching eternally
>mfw
>>
>>92651880
>then Jack was always destined to go back in time and kill Aku in the past anyway at the conclusion of season 5
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
So did all the characters Jack met on his journey and the ones that came to save him know exactly what Jack's goal was? Did they know he intended to go back in time and kill Aku, retroactively causing them in their current time to stop existing? Or did they think he just wanted to kill Aku right then and there, in that time.
>>
>>92651156
Proof that this cartoon didn't really have half the amount of thought put into it as we fill these threads with
>>
>>92651934
Should there have even been a season 5?
>>
>>92651996
Or then again maybe Jack himself just didn't put as much thought into it as we did
>>
>>92651991
>Or did they think he just wanted to kill Aku right then and there, in that time.
Probably this, except for the few people who helped Jack try and locate time portals.

When Jack's friends came to rescue him, I doubt they did so with the knowledge that upon his success they'd be removed from existence.
>>
>>92651996
honestly even though the original series was often mediocre, season 5 retroactively made it all that much worse.

Good job on your quest Jack! Nobody fucking cares!
>>
>>92651996
Or that they planned something different 13 years ago.
>>
>>92652057
>When Jack's friends came to rescue him, I doubt they did so with the knowledge that upon his success they'd be removed from existence.

1. Jack's motive was broadcast to the world on the same transmission where they saw Jack was captive. If anybody didn't want Jack to time travel they would have known.

2. Jack told very many of those same allies about his wish to go back to the past. Just off the top of my head, I know he told the Beatles-speaking Atlantis people about how he needed to find a method of time travel.

Jack was very upfront about his motives in the original series. He told tons of people if he thought they could help him find a method of time travel. Nobody minded, people always helped.
>>
>>92651934
Aku getting bitched out like that was probably the worst thing.
>>
>>92645760

At the last battle every goddamn person he knew got aced by Aku. Their deaths are meaningless if he doesn't right the past.
>>
>>92652105
So they didn't know they'd be erased.
>>
>>92652105
the fucking intro broadcast wasn't telling everyone that they wouldn't exist if jack went back to the past, and everyone came so jack wasnt killed.

Truth is that not a single character ponders the outcome of their existence if Jack goes back, including Jack.
>>
>>92652180
>he knew got aced by Aku
Except they didn't. What, a few robots, some ravers, a woolie or two. For Chrissakes, not one of the Scotsman's daughters died.
>>
>>92652180
thats what SHOULD have happened, but its not what happened.
>>
>>92646974
Excuse me, did Aku personally give birth to all the people in the future? Becuase I find it hard to see how killing the evil wizard who enslaved them means they never existed.
>>
>>92652282
>Becuase I find it hard to see how killing the evil wizard who enslaved them means they never existed.
That's because you're stupid.
>>
>>92652187
The intro broadcast told everyone that Jack was going back to undo Aku's future. That's as much information as you need.

And goddammit, of course nobody pondered the outcome of their existence, because it's a dumb question that doesn't mean anything in the end. Who gives a shit if somebody changes the past? The world was full of time travel methods, and many had already been used. Time travelers have fucked with shit, are currently fucking with shit, and will always fuck with shit.
>>
>>92652282
The world was radically changed by his rule. Peoples lives were changed, and its nigh impossible that every couple who had children in a world without him would still have met and copulated with the same results if their societies were dramatically altered.
>>
>>92652206

The needle storm killed everyone. Yeah the celtic magic holds out for a bit but it's only for a little while. It's a strong but imperfect defence. It's why the scotsman's sword broke. I'm sorry you don't get that they aren't going to show every death on screen but it was enough to show the fight there was Aku's.
>>
So, here's a question, do you think any of the future characters would rather not exist?
>>
>>92652340
>>92652105
You mongoloids. Why Scottsman talk to Jack about his daughters if he knows they're going to make sacrifice?
That intro was pure fanservice.
>>
>>92651022
>it's bad because it isn't posted 10 years after the episode aired
>>
>>92652410
>Why Scottsman talk to Jack about his daughters if he knows they're going to make sacrifice?
Because he thinks Jack is single and has a poor understanding of temporal mechanics.
>>
>>92652441
THAT'S EXACTLY IT. He does not know that his life and all others might as well not exist (a possibility), he can't sacrifice his life for brighter future if he doesn't know it.
>>
File: 1495327353029.jpg (35KB, 557x524px) Image search: [Google]
1495327353029.jpg
35KB, 557x524px
>all the aliens and his friends get to live their own lives and futures/or on their own homeworlds once again without knowing Aku

>BUT THEY'RE ERASED

And from what we saw, all of his friends except the Scott's daughters died to give him this shot. They're dead anyways, even if nothing changed but Aku dying in the future, there is no one there who has a attachment to Jack still alive.
>>
>>92652474
>sacrifice

this is an extremely stupid way to think about it. If a change to a timeline meant that they were sacrificing their potential selves, then everyone is sacrificing their others constantly and "sacrifice" doesn't really mean anything.

It's about as accurate as saying you commited murder when you stepped on a micro organism. It happens so frequently it's a non-event.
>>
>>92652295
Nice argument.
>>92652385
Most people in the original series are aliens or robots, so they would have been born peacefully at home. Most humans live in isolated villages. I highly doubt Aku determined the birth of every single person on the planet, like the Scotsman or Spartans. I'd rather a few million people be born in different circumstances than have Earth suffer under Aku for a millennium.
>>
>>92652632
>If a change to a timeline meant that they were sacrificing their potential selves, then everyone is sacrificing their others constantly and "sacrifice" doesn't really mean anything.
You don't constantly find time portals to change stuff, this point is invalid.
>>
>>92649824
Reddit hates ut too
>>
>>92652632
And the scale. Changing future by living in different town is one thing. Defeating interplanetary tyrant is another.
>>
>>92652632
The time portals were so rare and convoluted even Jack, probably the only one trying to find them mind you, couldn't use them.

and it WAS a sacrifice.
>>
>>92652415
point to where I implied anything like that.

watching the episodes with a group of people is fun. then you think back and say "oh, well this sucked, that sucked, that didnt make any sense" etc and the honeymoon period is over.

fucking summerfags
>>
>>92652550
you're forgetting the afterlife moron
>>
>>92646197
>Him caring about anyone in the future was completely pointless especially if it got in the way of his goal since they would all get erased as a result of completing it.
It is exactly because he cared so much about them that he wanted to save them from ever having to exist in such an awful world.
>>
>>92646768
>>92649620
>having a shitty life is preferable to having no life at all
>Existence is all we have. Take that away and we're... nothing.
Then I guess you should strive to have as many children with as many women you possibly can and promote others to do the same. You wouldn't want all those hypothetical potential people NOT to exist, now would you?
>>
>>92650858
>Samurai "Purple-haired girls don't belong in this world" Jack
>Samurai "Archer? I hardly know her!" Jack
>Samurai "Too fat to exist" Jack
>Samurai "Gone baby, gone" Jack
>>
File: 1488939506182.gif (380KB, 650x660px) Image search: [Google]
1488939506182.gif
380KB, 650x660px
>>92645760
Goddamn, everyone on this board is an idiot. Not everybody got retconed out of existence, the only reason Ashi disappeared is because she is half Aku. Everyone from the future will still exist only more happy. It's just that the universe can't reconcile keeping a person that is halfway made out of a being that was destroyed thousands of years ago.
>>
>>92654011
>Goddamn, everyone on this board is an idiot.
Everyone on this board realized this a long time ago. We just don't go around reminding each other and live the lie.

But at least we are living unlike all those sperm that were killed to make us. All those lives that could have lived.
>>
>>92649717
>If they existed and then de-aged back until they were sperm
That's not what happened, they just never existed because the future changed.

>These things require some level of intelligence and extrapolation so I'm not surprised that some of you are simply too stupid to comprehend these complex philosophical questions.
Stop talking about yourself.
>>
>>92646768
>I would have, because having a shitty life is preferable to having no life at all.
>That's what's so scary about it. Existence is all we have. Take that away and we're... nothing
Why is oblivion so scary? Were you terrified out of your mind before you were born?
>>
>>92645760
Yeah, there were way too many things that needed to be addressed in Season 5.

>Jack losing his way back home
>Jack losing himself and driving past a village of people in need of rescuing
>Jack's multiple hallucinations
>Jack's first time killing a human
>Mad Jack coming back
>The Ghost of Sudoku Past
>Ashi's mother and the Cult

All of these things just felt so abruptly concluded. The season would have been better if they had only a handful of issues that they could devote more time to rather than multiple that they conclude poorly.
>>
>>92647421
Its only true for materialistic universe.
If we assume that spirit of the person exists before their birth so it is possible that now for example, Scotsman's spirit resides in another person.
>>
>>92646228
this

but I'll tell you a secret. /co/ started hating SJ somewhere around episode 5 already, and are just looking for more excuses to hate it

>Borg go back in time and fuck up Earth
>Picard goes back in time and saves it
>REEEE PICARD DESTROYED THE BORG TIMELINE AND ALL THE PEOPLE IN IT REEE

I mean, I get it, and it could be applied to tons of stories (BttF too), but why is this only a problem with Jack?
>>
>>92656271
>started hating SJ somewhere around episode 5 already, and are just looking for more excuses to hate it
I'm just pissed that they felt the need to end Ashi's story with oblivion. If they had used one of the many alternative options, I wouldn't be so pissed
>>
>>92656317
be real honest now anon
were you posting
>I wish Ashi would die
before that episode?
>>
File: Doitforashikissversion.png (863KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Doitforashikissversion.png
863KB, 1400x1000px
>>92656348
Quite the opposite. I made pic related after episode C and spammed it everywhere with copypastas about how great she is and ending them with "please don't take her from us genndy"
>>
>>92656271
Simply because people care about characters they know, and not the implied people in past. Most of estabilishment was about future, unlike in most "fix mistake in the past" plots.
>>
>>92652394
>It's why the scotsman's sword broke
It was already broken wasn't it?

>>92652403
Well it's too late to ask them now isn't it?
>>
>>92653991
I totally would but every time I explain this to a woman at the bar she slaps me and pours her drink on my face.
>>
>>92656401
good point

I'm thinking people would've taken it better had "50 years have passed" been used to also say "and everyone I saved has died", but lots of those one-off character were ALSO brought back this season. so yeah, kinda messy.
>>
>>92652959
This.

>>92654002
>Samurai "Temporal Judas" Jack
>>
>>92654011
>Everyone from the future will still exist only more happy
Prove it.
>>
>>92656397
oh woah, OK, nevermind me then

it's just that I read tons of
>shit character
posts during the season, but once she died, she's suddenly fan favourite and everyone is sad

I liked her
>>
>>92656397
New version where all of those are blank when?

>>92656401
This. And the decision to not show those characters in the new future without Aku is a colossal mistake.
>>
>>92656534
>"shit character" posts
Vocal minority or people shitposting.
I also made this survey to spite an anon who was saying she was the "most hated cartoon character in decades"
http://www.strawpoll.me/12982841/r
I always loved her, and I hated seeing people wish her harm, and I really hated seeing their wish come true
>>
>>92656537
>decision to not show those characters

I kinda think this whole thing never even crossed Genndy's mind.

Like it wasn't even part of the narrative. It was never a question, never a dilemma, never a plot point. Not a single side-character ever pointed this out, nor Aku (to save his ass) brought it up, nor Jack ever contemplated it.

what's more, once Jack got back, he never worried about it either. He only became sad when Ashi died.
>>
>>92656537
Someone already made gifs of them disappearing, but it breaks my heart too much to see my picture defiled so I don't dare post them.
Thread posts: 436
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.