[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember everyone, the moral of the story is >However hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 40

File: 1494463371798.gif (452KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494463371798.gif
452KB, 540x500px
Remember everyone, the moral of the story is
>However hard it may be, if you can find hope in the darkest of corners and risk yourself to cause that hope to flourish, you can see a glimpse of happiness before being deleted from time.
>>
Ashi Faggs get BTFO
>>
>>92644804
Literally everyone in the Future That Is Aku knows this lesson. Thanks, Jack. And Ashi who forced him in the portal.
>>
>>92645279
I don't blame Ashi or Jack, I blame the narrative choices made by Genndy
>>
File: laughing aku.gif (895KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughing aku.gif
895KB, 640x480px
>BWAHAHAHA
>FOOLISH SAMURAI
>BY UNDOING THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU YOU HAVE UNDONE THE FUTURE THAT IS YOUR FRIENDS
>THEY MAY HAVE SUFFERED UNDER MY TYRANNY BUT AT LEAST IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LIFE LIVED
>EVEN AFTER THEIR DEATHS THEY WOULD HAVE GONE TO A PLACE WHERE MY EVIL CANNOT FOLLOW
>BUT THANKS TO YOU THEY NO LONGER EXIST
>THEIR STRUGGLES
>THEIR TRIUMPHS
>THEIR HAPPINESS
>ALL OF IT... GONE
>YOU ARE CRUELER THAN I COULD HAVE POSSIBLY IMAGINED FOOLISH SAMURAI
>>
>Ashifags got BTFO
>We got a disappointing ending to a disappointing season

Both good and bad things happened that night
>>
File: goodbye scotsman.gif (354KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye scotsman.gif
354KB, 470x353px
>>92645641
>Jack laddie... why'dya do it?
>Me bonnie lasses... me wee daughters... they're all gone now
>Me beloved wife, purtiest gurl that ever did grace this Aku-ridden earth... erased
>Who're even talkin' too laddie?
>I no longer exist
>None of us do
>I hope it was worth it... ya sandal-loving pajama wearin' daughter erasin' future undoin' ...
>>
>>92644804
What I learned from this season is that I really need to get a gf and stop obsessing over fictional girls
>>
>>92645641
>>92645827
Vocaroo when?
>>
>>92645827
>you've never erased a real human before... FLESH AND BLOOD
>>
They really should have had Jack manage to beat/seal Aku in the future, then returning to the past simply causes an alternate timeline, instead of the bullshit "delayed" vanishing act which never made any sense in any time travel story.
>>
File: sudoku jack.jpg (89KB, 432x368px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku jack.jpg
89KB, 432x368px
>>92646027
>Why didn't you just do it?
>Why didn't you just end it all?
>Sure, Aku would have won, but at least they'd be... somewhere.
>Anything's got to be better than this.
>Better than not existing at all.
>Even you will continue to exist, even though you probably don't deserve to.
>Them... they're nothing now. Nowhere.
>They helped you and this is how you repaid them?
>>
>>92645995
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0imv3K7owdE
hurts my fucking throat and my mic sucks.
>>
File: 1493832277292.png (322KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
1493832277292.png
322KB, 505x505px
>>92646170
>THEY TRUSTED YOU
>THEY TRUSTED YOU AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY THEIR KINDNESS
>WITH OBLIVION
>WITH NONEXISTENCE
>EVEN AKU WOULDN'T DO THIS TO THEM
>DID YOU EVEN KNOW
>OR WERE YOU JUST TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES
>>
>>92646185
>hurts my fucking throat
I can hear that, but not a bad attempt.
>>
File: Ffta-marche.jpg (93KB, 902x985px) Image search: [Google]
Ffta-marche.jpg
93KB, 902x985px
>>92646170
>>92645827
Aku is Evil Incarnate, Can't you see? It's unhealthy to let him have a history of Tyranny.
>>
>>92646277
Fuck you and your glass pizza cutter.
>>
>>92646258
I don't know how Dimaggio does that shit with every role. I also noticed the more damaged my throat felt, the more accurate the voice sounded
>>
>>92645279
The entire point was to get back to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
>>
>>92646070
>which never made any sense in any time travel story
Well... there was the Langoliers.
>>
>>92646446
And he undid it, alright. He undid the fuck out of it. Do you think any of his friends knew? Do you think they would have helped him if they knew what waited in store for them when he succeeded?

Do you think Jack even knew what he was doing?
>>
>>92646489
> Do you think they would have helped him if they knew what waited in store for them when he succeeded?

Yes, it is very in character actualy. Aku literaly told them what the deal was.
>>
>>92646489
Yes to all of it.

Even if you pretend Aku showing the original opening is somehow non-canon just because it's fanservice, Jack never really tried to keep his objective secret.

Any and all of his bros would gladly sacrifice themselves to undo hundreds (thousands?) of years of global suffering.
>>
>>92646489
all of his friends watched the aku presentation where he literally said "the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is aku" im pretty sure they knew what they were in for.
>>
File: future.png (697KB, 1276x776px) Image search: [Google]
future.png
697KB, 1276x776px
>>92645641
>>92645827
>>92646170
>>92646231
>Jack remains immortal
>wanders the earth alone, unable to share his experiences of any of the 50+ year hell he just endured to anyone around him
>can no longer relate to anyone in his kingdom, not even his parents
>can't adjust to regular life now that he's spent more than half a lifetime fighting for it
>often hallucinates his old friends, only to inevitably face reality and realize that they never existed and never will, and that he's the only person in the entire world who has memories of them
>can't even kill himself because it brings back memories of Ashi and he knows she wouldn't want this
>through his eternal life, he comes to witness the cruelty of mankind, and the atrocities they unleash upon one another, in spite of Aku's absence
>after two world wars he watches as his homeland becomes a corrupt imperialistic empire resembling Aku's future
>he can do nothing as it is consumed in nuclear hellfire and the world continues down its own path of destruction, spitting in the face of everything he suffered through and fought for
>Jack becomes hopelessly jaded upon seeing the darkness in humanity's heart and accepts that this cruel world has no place for the honorable and just
>takes up a new sword, one forged not of his courage, but of his hate
>dons new but familiar armor, vowing to exterminate what he sees as even worse than Aku's evil

>the future of Aku knew a kindhearted and noble warrior
>the future of mankind will know nothing but the harbinger of death

Do you feel like a hero yet?
>>
>>92646489
>Do you think any of his friends knew? Do you think they would have helped him if they knew what waited in store for them when he succeeded?
Oh my god, do you really think the people of the future would be dumb enough not to understand what would happen if Aku never existed?

Some of them sacrificed their lives to fight Aku at the end. And it's not like Jack was hiding his intentions from people. Everyone knew of his quest.

You sacrifice your life in order to make the world a better place.
>>
>>92646681
>>92646685
Except all the portals in the world had been erased, they were just going to pay back a debt.
>>
>>92646823
How would they know?

And actually, this was something that bothered me a little bit about the whole season.
Aku sure as hell didn't make of of those magical time portals, right? Someone else must have.
You'd think Jack would just go from "I need to find a portal" to "I need to find someone who can make a portal."
Shit, that's what ended up happening.
>>
>>92646489
>Do you think Jack even knew what he was doing?

No, since Ashi disappearing surprised him.
>>
>>92646942
Aku probably bragged about it before going into depression.
Besides, one thing they DO know is that Jack has the only weapon that can harm aku, regardless of time travel.
>>
>>92646961
That was dumb, but to be fair a period of at least months must have gone by for people to travel all over the world for the wedding.
>>
>>92646231
>>THEY TRUSTED YOU
>>THEY TRUSTED YOU AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY THEIR KINDNESS
>>WITH OBLIVION
>>WITH NONEXISTENCE
>>EVEN AKU WOULDN'T DO THIS TO THEM
>>DID YOU EVEN KNOW
>>OR WERE YOU JUST TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

wouldn't this apply to the original timeline that jack left though

if he stayed in the future he would have abandoned billions to be tortured by aku for hundreds of years and abandoned the original timeline
>>
Remember everyone, the moral of the story is
>DUDE WOMEN LMAO
>>
>>92647220
The people from the original timeline died conventionally, and a good number of people in the show were shown in the afterlife
People from the future timeline got their existences erased, and you can't go to heaven/valhalla if you never lived.
>>
>>92646489
>>Do you think Jack even knew what he was doing?

It was Ashi who did it in the first place. If you remember She talked with him just before about his past and how he was still bitter about the fact he can never go back home in addition to knowing 50 years of other friends made have seen more deaths. As soon as she found out she had Aku's powers she just decided to throw him back since it was the only chance he'd get his wish, staying with him because it was the last chance she'd get to see him.

She had to explain it to Jack so she knew it right away.
>>
>>92647303
>The people from the original timeline died conventionally

"conventionally"? They didn't fucking die of old age, man.

Aku killed countless people and destroyed the planet beyond repair. The original lives people had, that original timeline that existed before Aku threw Jack into the future, why do those BILLIONS OF PEOPLE deserve to remain dead when they can be undone?

Like, Aku fucked up the timeline first by throwing Jack into the future. AKU KILLED THE FIRST TIMELINE. All Jack is doing is correcting that, and if you have to choose between timelines, it's only logical to pick the one with billions more people alive.
>>
>>92647440
Conventionally as in "hourglass of life ran out".
Future timeline got their "hourglasses" recalled
>>
>>92647514
btw yes I am using that one billy and mandy episode as a metaphor
>>
>>92647303
>The people from the original timeline died conventionally

And eons of destruction and Death that have been left unchecked by the brief 50 years Jack was there.

Jack was aiming to rid the world of all of Aku's influence that caused innocent lives to be lost not just his Family. Don't forget before she met Jack Ashi spent childhood to adulthood hidden from the world, beaten and tortured to train her to become an assassin.
>>
>>92647604
>Don't forget before she met Jack Ashi spent childhood to adulthood hidden from the world, beaten and tortured to train her to become an assassin.
Even more reason why she deserves to reap the rewards of her efforts. before the finale I truthfully did not care what time the show ended up in, or how it ended there, as long as she and Jack were alive and happy together.
>>
>>92647303
You're making an awful lot of assumptions about how the afterlife works and the nature of souls in the series.

This is literally your headcanon.
>>
>>92647440
>Aku killed countless people and destroyed the planet beyond repair.
>even in the bowels of the darkest of creatures, there is beautiful light
Guess that whole lesson of "you can't destroy goodness" was another load of bullshit
Thanks Genndy
>>
>>92647735
Why do they need to be together? They have no chemistry.
>>
>>92647440
How would you feel if you were suddenly wiped from existence right now because some fucking Algerian traveled back in time to prevent the Algerian genocide?
>>
I like how NOW this is the bandwagon /co/ hopped on.

This was always gonna be a thing. If Samurai Jack beat Aku, the future he went to would never have existed. You always knew that.

But suddenly now it's a problem? That's just desperate, /co/.
>>
>>92647761
Genndy opened up the can for shock value, people shouldn't be surprised that the worms are cascading out
>>
>>92647735
>I truthfully did not care what time the show ended up in, or how it ended there, as long as she and Jack were alive and happy together.

Same here. After all that bullshit they both went through, together and not, they deserved some a tiny shred of happiness.
>>
>>92647847
They assumed he would have to settle for defeating Aku in the future.
>>
>>92647847
>If Samurai Jack beat Aku, the future he went to would never have existed.
He could (and should) have defeated Aku in the future.
>>
>>92647933
>should
Why?
>>
>>92647847
This complaint isn't new, people have been saying the series was a metaphor for letting go of the past for over a decade. They were always going to be disappointed by this kind of ending, and it's only exacerbated by how rushed it all was. Those people are just expressing their discontent now, while those that have no issues are not saying anything. this makes it look like all of /co/ is bandwagoning, but it's just the same people it always was.
>>
>>92647960
Killing millions/billions (trillions if we include all of the aliens) of innocent people to bring back the dead is immoral.
>>
>>92648083
And now millions/billions (trillions if we include all the aliens) will live in a universe free of Aku.
>>
>>92647960
Because for him to not save them from the ultimate evil that plagues their lives makes all the other times he abandoned returning to the past to save them from momentary strife seem pointless.
>>
>>92648152
>And now millions/billions (trillions if we include all the aliens) will live in a universe free of Aku.
So... the same thing that would happen if Jack simply killed Aku in the future, just without the unfortunate side-effect of universal genocide?
>>
Hahaha fuck you guys I always wanted him to get back to the past

All this because you want cheap pottery
>>
this whole discussion about erasing people's lives would have been solved if they showed how the aku-free future is doing. a lot of people want to believe it wouls have been exactly like in ego trip, with everyone living exactly the same but in a better future, but since a scene like that couldn't have lasted more than 15 seconds and they decided not to show anything like that, i'm going to assume genndy wanted it to be ambiguous.
>>
>>92647847
>establish at the very beginning that all time portals are destroyed
>Jack is feeling hopeless because he cannot go back, and feels as if he hasn't made a difference
>almost commits suicide from it
>Ashi informs him of the positive changes he has brought to the world
>she shows the audience all of the beautiful communities and positive changes that are due to his work
>Ashi shows she is a living example of the influence his hope can have on a seemingly doomed time
>Jack finds a good enough reason to make the best of the future
>when he gets his sword doesn't express a goal of going to the past, but simply to take down Aku.

All of this and more seemingly implied that he was going to realize that no matter how bleak the earth is, he could still rebuild(further shown by ashi's leaf/ash symbolism).

Outside of the opening theme(which people mainly took as a dark shout out to the original), him actually going back to the past wasn't brought up until episode 9, and even then, only served to hammer home that Ashi was a reason for him to stay.
>>
>>92645641
Shit in the end Aku did won something
>>
>>92645641
>"he will never hurt anyone ever again"
>>
>>92645641
I feel like this is something Aku would actually say.
>>
>>92646802
>You sacrifice your life in order to make the world a better place
No, you sacrifice the fact you existed at all. I wouldn't make that sacrifice. No sane human being would.
>>
>>92646793
In hindsight that subplot was completely pointless, wasn't it?
>>
Her spirit is with him, even Jack smiled. They'll reunite and dance to Dean Martin in the afterlife
>>
File: jack_hopeless.jpg (152KB, 690x682px) Image search: [Google]
jack_hopeless.jpg
152KB, 690x682px
>>92646961
>wait Ashi disappeared because Aku never existed
>does that mean other people might have disappeared too
>oh no
>>
>>92648875
The only way I can fathom that is if Genndy himself says that souls/the afterlife/heaven are independent from time fuckery.
>>
>>92647440
>why do those BILLIONS OF PEOPLE deserve to remain dead when they can be undone?
Because by the time the future comes they'd all be long dead anyway?
>>
>>92648896
>does that mean other people might have disappeared too
They're all pretty explicitly banished to non-existence. Aku would have just let Jack travel back to the past in the first place if it didn't let him erase his timeline.
>>
>>92647440
>AKU KILLED THE FIRST TIMELINE
You can't kill something that was never allowed to exist in the first place. That timeline is a hypothetical. The Scotsman was real. Jack's friends were real. They existed, and now they don't.

Jack's corrected something that should never have been corrected.
>>
File: 1494808976483.png (80KB, 1273x503px) Image search: [Google]
1494808976483.png
80KB, 1273x503px
>>92644804
Reminder Ashi and her sisters were clones of the priestess infused with Aku's essence. Jack didn't even fall in a love with a real human bean.
>>
>>92647792
You can't destroy it. But you can erase it from existence so that it never happens.
>>
>>92647735
Then you deserve to be disappointed like the rest of us.

>>92647761
Well gee, maybe Genndy should have used his time better and made it so these assumptions couldn't be made.
>>
>>92648988
Well it's already been established Jack has an innate attraction to Aku
>>
>>92647847
>You always knew that
I didn't know anything. For all I knew all the beloved characters we spent the last four seasons with would be living happy lives in the new future, not rendered nonexistent.
>>
>>92648178
This. Jack would never sacrifice another to accomplish his goal. And then he did, by accomplishing his goal.
>>
File: 1490909379206.jpg (139KB, 1500x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1490909379206.jpg
139KB, 1500x1091px
>>92648988
>Human bean
Pic related
>>
>>92648275
All of it, lost. Like tears in the rain.
>>
>>92648428
He ruined the finale and killed Ashi at the moment she would have made Jack happiest (well, second moment).
>>
>>92648988
>once again, Jack almost fucks Aku
>>
>>92645641
>You go back in time and save your family and everyone that lived on the time from a Demon Lord

>retroactively ALSO undo countless suffering, slaughter and slavery across THOUSAND YEARS that literaly destroyed entire planets

>Not only that, you create a brighter future, you are RESPONSABLE for thousand years of a world much more peaceful and hopeful

>You are somehow the bad guy for it

>for giving peace and a better world to countless generations on multiple planets

>If PPG and Dexter are on the same world as it seems, they just exist because Jack saved their timeline.

>Other characters go back in time and change timelines all the time (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Justice League, PPG, Dexter) but it is only an issue when Jack does it.

>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW that would have jumped over Jack and protected Aku, letting him kill billions on the following years.
>>
>>92648875
You mean the spirit that no longer exists?
>>
>>92646489
>Do you think any of his friends knew?
>Do you think they would have helped him if they knew what waited in store for them when he succeeded?

Why are you so autistic?

>>92648835
Boo...hoo....
>>
>>92649260
If it meant I don't get to exist, I'd kick Jack square in his riceballs.
>>
>>92649308

He's developed an immunity. He and Ashi liked it rough.
>>
>>92649260
Fucking this
How can /co/ possibly be so against jack going back to the past?
>>
File: ashibye.png (389KB, 824x628px) Image search: [Google]
ashibye.png
389KB, 824x628px
>>92649374
Because the price was too great. If he went back to the past without paying that specific price, a good number of people would totally accept it.
>>
>>92649308
Fuck you, and your existence. That's what I have to say.
>>
>>92644804
It's magic dude. When the year that Jack met Ashi rolls around in the world without Aku some reincarnation of Jack will meet a reincarnation of Ashi under more pleasant circumstances.
>>
>>92649431
>Because the price was too great

The price of everyone living happily not under the rule of an evil demon wizard for eternity?

Yea, fuck you.
>>
>>92649431
Ashi a shit, scots family are the true casualties of this
>>
>>92649481
I'm not saying going back was wrong, I'm saying that in a show where literal deus ex machina is an almost everyday occurrence, Ashi should not have been lost in the process.
>>
>>92649481
Thanks for deciding on behalf of literally trillions of people that their lives weren't worth living, "hero"
>>
>>92649582
Sure, or I could just fuck off and not save any of you and let you all rot for eternity with Aku taking over countless planets/realms.

Or does selfish-little-baby wanna not make a fuss?
>>
Yes, the ending was fucked up. It was going to be fucked up even if split timelines were a thing, but they made the best of what they could.

Realistically a butterfly effect would probably cause Scotsman and everyone to never exist, but it's a cartoon where amazing shit happens so who knows.
>>
File: samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg (2MB, 4850x1940px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg
2MB, 4850x1940px
>>92644804
It seems like /co/ is the only place where the final episode was not well received. Outside of here, the last episode was in the middle of the pack amongst the other episodes, and was well liked.

/co/ rated it 6.62 while IMDB rated it 9.50.
>>
>>92646489
Everyone who came to help Jack were prepared to die and most did, and if the fight between them and Aku had gone on much longer they'd all have died to help Jack. They believed in him.

Or do you think that the Scotsman would have turned his back on Jack and gone back on his word just because there might be some danger involved? Is that how you read his character?
>>
>>92649793
People liked the episode but a ton of people hated the ending
>>
>>92649481
The price of billions of people never existing, you intentionally daft cunt.
>>
>>92648922
WHY HASNT HE SAID SHIT YET

ANSWER US YOU FUCKING STALIN RAPE BABY REEEE
>>
>>92649374
Because all the people we grew up watching no longer exist. It's not the ending I didn't realize I wanted, Genndy, but rather the one I didn't realize I didn't want.
>>
>>92650027
It's only been like three days, I'd be surprised if he responded to criticism that quickly.
>>
>>92649489
see
>>92645827
Even CELTIC MAGIC won't fix this shit.
>>
>>92649481
Considering the equivalent of heaven canonically exists in this universe, I would GLADLY choose a life of pure torture followed by eternal afterlife than sheer nonexistence.
>>
>>92649629
Or he could just kill Aku in the future and let the timeline go on as is.

>>92649695
>but they made the best of what they could.
If they did they would have showed lives of the future people without Aku. Like you said, it's a cartoon where amazing shit happens. But instead we got this nonsense.
>>
>>92649878
>Everyone who came to help Jack were prepared to die and most did
But were they prepared to never exist at all? Death isn't even what we're talking about here. We're talking about never getting the chance to die because you were never born.
>>
File: Genndy is a hack.jpg (83KB, 892x375px) Image search: [Google]
Genndy is a hack.jpg
83KB, 892x375px
>>92648275
I wouldn't be surprised if Genndy decided to shoehorn his "bittersweet ending" at the last minute. All evidence suggested Jack was staying so I would imagine all of this was a last minute storyboard change.
>>
>>92648857
Basically yeah. the Omen was a waste of time, Jack's inner conflict was good enough, we did not need a literal ghost telling him to go kill himself too.

The episode was really more of an excuse to have Ashi alone looking for him
>>
>>92651794
>an spirit following jack trying to convince him that suicide is the honorable thing to do
>jack using the weapons of defeated enemies
>scaramouche, apotential threat for jack due to his ties to aku
>aku's depression
>scotsman last stand
>bringing back every side character
>a cult devoted to aku that raised 7 girls to kill jack
>jack being unable to age during 50 years
>losing the sword and trying to get it back
>a love interest for jack
>final battle in aku's castle
>final battle with aku in the past

i feel like any writer would look at the 10 episodes limit and say "you know what, these are too many ideas, we'll scrap some so that we can use our time properly" and leave the unused ideas for tiny bits of trivia and "what could have been".

but genndy instead said "let's put it all". tartakovsky without limits, indeed.
>>
>>92644804
>Genndy went with the power of love instead of something bushido related
FUCKING WHY
>>
>>92652300
>goes with the corny power of love ex machina
>doesn't even see it through to a happy ending.
PICK A FUCKING TONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>92647832
I wouldn't feel anything because I wouldn't exist.
>>
>>92647933
>>92648083
>He could (and should) have defeated Aku in the future.
Yes and then he should have gone back to the past anyway to undo all the suffering Aku previously caused. That would have been the MORAL thing to do.

>Killing millions/billions (trillions if we include all of the aliens) of innocent people to bring back the dead is immoral.
He didn't kill anyone else besides Aku, by changing the future they never existed in the first place. You can only be killed if you exist.
>>
File: 261f0e23e8193e004dee236800e18462.png (339KB, 962x1251px) Image search: [Google]
261f0e23e8193e004dee236800e18462.png
339KB, 962x1251px
>>92644804
>Remember everyone, the moral of the story is
Fuck the blue fortune cookie.
>>
File: pizza.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>92646313
>>92646277
>ywn live in a fantasy world overrun with pizza monsters
>>
>>92649489

It's weird that Scotsman is tied to the future.

When he's first introduced, it seems like he was gonna be another time portal victim.

>From a culture on old earth
>has a magic infused weapon
>apart from aforementioned magic, is essentially a regular, though strong human.
>>
File: 1493074868035.png (1MB, 1266x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1493074868035.png
1MB, 1266x1263px
>>92645641
>>92645827
>>92646170
>>92646185

These post are pure fucking KINO.
Keep'em coming, I love the fact it triggers the fuck out of retards who defend this shitty writing
>>
>>92651794
Frankly it was worse than a waste of time because this kikesucker only had 10 episodes to finish this off, and practically wasted one on a subplot that went nowhere and served the same purpose as another, better subplot.
>>
>>92654542

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A76F4OeGCPE
>>
>>92645827
There's nothing to say that the Scotsman won't exist, or his daughters. They'll just exist in a future without Aku.
>>
>>92656400
Fortune cookie is probably the best euphemism for Asian pussy I've ever heard.
>>
>>92656423
>There's nothing to say that the Scotsman won't exist, or his daughters
There's nothing to say they will, either. That's the problem. Nobody knows.
>>
>Jack continues to not age, even in the past.
>Hundreds of years pass and Jack has faded to but a legend of "The samurai that smote the greatest evil."
>Jack has become a hermit
>Every so often, people come in search of the legendary samurai.
>"I have no idea, i'm just a lowly goat herder"
>One day, 7 masked girls arrive.
>"We are the Daughters of the Samurai. Are you he?"
>Jack walks to one and tells her to remove her mask.
>"I am Ashi, first daughter of The Samurai"
>She looks slightly different, having a human father.
>Jack gets a harem of 7 sisters
>supermegahappyending.gif
>>
>>92656555
happy trips of truth
>>
Flaws aside, I think this was the best ending. I'm sorry, but I would rather not exist then have suffered through decades, nay, centuries of horrific unending oppression. Watching family suffer and die under the crual tyranny of a demon wizard. Knowing that he can't be beaten because the one weapon that was supposed to beat him disappeared. I would willingly choose nonexistence over such a horrific fate.

also, Ashi dying at the end was a necessity. I didn't like how she became sort of a mary sue near the end, being able to fight Aku almost 1v1 with a cliche love and friendship speech. Her fate ultimately made her more human and meant that she wasn't exempt from the consequences of altering history.

If she just got magically better because Jack cried and wished it, it would've made the ending too sappy while removing any tension or emotion from it. This way Jack moves on, realizing that this world is what Ashi wanted. And it didn't need words to do it. just a small ladybug.
>>
>>92656639
B-but muh kino...
>>
>>92656639
>excusing one piece of contrived writing (Aku-Ashi fight) with another piece (Ashi death)
Really? I know it's subjective, but for me this is the case where minus and minus combine in even bigger one.
>>
>>92656639
>Ashi dying at the end was a necessity
Except it was forced, illogical and poorly timed among other events, ergo unnecessary.
>>
>>92656639
Gurren Lagann did the same exact ending better a decade ago
>>
>>92645641
Aku existence is an evil pure to the point that its destruction is guaranteed only through a loss. Jack could have killed Aku staying in the future with Ashi but with him forgetting his purpose and beliefs.The use of one of the portals found before he met Ashi mean there would be a good chance of a loss of his values leaving others to die (Jack didn't know what the fuck was gonna happen to them when he went back). The ending we got had him losing Ashi. This loss he was able to handle. His growth and preservation of those values along with the knowledge that Ashi was fine with her death knowing this meant Aku's future never happened made this loss bearable. There was never a chance at a fulfilling conclusion but we got something close to it.
>>
>>92657063
I think people are putting more thought into it than Genndy did. The man slapped some storyboards together and called it a day.
>>
>>92648265
>this whole discussion about erasing people's lives would have been solved if they showed how the aku-free future is doing.

That would cut into Ashi time.
>>
File: 1495555520701.png (3MB, 960x6480px) Image search: [Google]
1495555520701.png
3MB, 960x6480px
>>92645827
FUCK YOU FOR MAKING THE SCOTSMAN OOC
THIS IS HIS REAL CHARACTER
>>
>>92657151
>That would cut into Ashi time.

It wouldn't if the ending was shorter and played straight.
>>
>>92657219
*wedding was shorter and played straight
>>
>>92646793
>after two world wars he watches as his homeland becomes a corrupt imperialistic empire resembling Aku's future

Or alternatively
>Jack single handedly wins WW2 and becomes immortal god emperor of an Imperial Japan spanning three continents
>>
>>92657267
The wedding seemed like a decent way to show the state of the past after Aku's death. Brought everyone together you got to see they were alright and doing well enough to attend ceremonial events.
>>
>>92646793
It would've been better if that omen had actually been the sword like everyone originally thought
>>
>>92656555
Was good 'till you ruined it with shallow haremshit.
>>
>>92644804
The moral of the story is that your waifu will never be real and you should just kys.
>>
>>92658980
If she used to be and i deleted her, maybe i should
>>
File: Daughter_of_Aku_watching.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Daughter_of_Aku_watching.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>92644804
If Aku had been a good dad and raised his daughters they would have murdered the shit out of Jack.
>>
>>92659986
No because jack wouldnt be attached to ashi, and would sword her and her sisters like nothing
>>
File: CII.jpg (848KB, 1553x3831px) Image search: [Google]
CII.jpg
848KB, 1553x3831px
>>92646170
>>92646231
>>
>>92660020
Except even without Aku powers they almost killed Jack while he thought they were robots.
>>
>If you have the choice between a good future and a bad future, pick the bad one.

Really makes you think.
>>
Christ are you future fags still anally raped about this?
>>
>>92660093
Because he didnt had the sword. And if that is the case, aku could have killed him for years, but didnt know.
>>
>>92660100
But the future was healing.

Hell, a good chunk of this season was devoted to communicating how Jack's influence had a positive impact on the world and its inhabitants. The world would have been fine without Aku but noone would know of the battles that were fought to achieve such peace. Might as well have never happened.
>>
>ending is literally the same thing as TTGL
>people bitch again

Color me surprised.

I guess some of you cannot appreciate art.
>>
>>92660100
You have to chose between fixing a crap future, or playing god, undoing countless lives and quite possibly destroying their otherwise eternal souls so you dont actually have to work to fix it.
>>
>>92656639
>>92660212
>>92660100

A line from zero escape about time traveling corrections:

"The survivors overcame their own misery and loss, and made the best they could of the hand they'd been dealt with. Isn't that worth something? Isn't that the best thing that humans can aspire to? Is there really any point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness even in a world that hates it."
>>
>>92660188
>The future was healing

Almost everyone Jack helped in the future died in the fight against Aku.

Even if Jack killed Aku, he still had a galactic empire.

Going back to the past was the only way to stop him.
>>
File: Unamused.jpg (47KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Unamused.jpg
47KB, 720x480px
>>92660188
So what you're saying is... shitty fucking writer.

Just let it go. We all know this season was a diarrhea-stain. And it was all completely salvageable without the lol misery and holocaust ending. I'd give you a damned hug if you'd shut up about it. I don't mind if you discuss the series but let the shitting ending be forgotten!
>>
>>92660165

If Jack took on seven Akus simultaneously he would get killed.
>>
>>92660283
Amen also I'll take that hug only if you have a benis
>>
>>92654833
Apparently, shitty writing is now nitpicks.
>>
>>92647832
Well I'd either be in a totally better reality or not exist to feel anything.
So okay I guess.
>>
>>92647931
So did Jack until Ashi gained control.
>>
>>92644804

Yup, no blue ghost afterlife for Ashi either, because she never even existed.
>>
>>92660260
Thats pretty nice.
One of the important thing about time travel is the thematic of the work. No one cares about back to the future philosophical implications because its a comedy. But in a drama, you expect this kind of stuff to be discussed.

All this shitshow would be avoided if genndy gave us a happy ending, just like the entire series was lighthearted.

But he chose to open up this massive can of worms in the last moment possible.
>>
>>92660260
I faill to see what relevance that has here. Especially when the goal from the start of Jack was to fix the timeline and put it back on track.
>>
File: 1494798189349.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494798189349.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>92661004
>>
>>92660554
The issue there is that it's mega hypocritical. Jack "corrected" the Aku flow of events, and instead picked one without Aku. But that makes the people that were living in that time feel like idiots! They should have just committed suicide, or something.

If you correct the wrongdoings of AKu, why not correct every other tragedy? If time travel is possible, following this reasoning, you should just go timeline to timeline erasing them along with all people, thoughts and relationships, until you land in an ideal one.

It's insulting because it means they didn't matter at all. Bad things that happen to you make you who you are, so those people that struggled to survive and learned things from it are carelessly erased to be replaced by "happy people", as if they had no value.
>>
>>92661004
It's that by accepting that "the future isn't on track" you're spitting on everyone that lived there. Should they just resign to non-existence because they were born in world where bad things happened?

He could correct the future of that world. They could have accepted loss and moved on. Like this, it means the only way to deal with tragedy is to time travel and erase it.

Oh? You overcame it, learned to deal with it, and grew from it? Fuck that. Never happened.
>>
>>92661085
>But that makes the people that were living in that time feel like idiots!
Why? Because they suddenly now live better lives without memories of Aku's atrocities?
>>
>>92661168
They're not themselves! You have no guarantee that they even exist. This was a buttload of years into the future, with massive interference by Aku. There's no way everyone's there, exactly like they were minus Aku.

Say someone's wife got murdered by Aku, and then they remarried. They had kids. You erase Aku, you erase the life they had, the people he loved. You think you're fixing things, but you're really just fucking up something that's already established.
>>
>>92661148
>You overcame it, learned to deal with it, and grew from it? Fuck that. Never happened.
It never happened to in that future anyway.
Either you were a slave, fugitive, a guy who made it to the top through underhanded and sleazy means or living hidden away in secret societies.

Until Jack showed up the only lesson to learn was that hope is meaningless nothing will change and that's one that even Jack learned
>>
>>92644804
I'd rather have the ending where Jack impregnates her before he dies and she becomes the new Samurai.
>>
>>92661315
The slaves, fugitives, and everyone else were still doing their best. Their lives had value to themselves, obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be suffering for them. And things were even getting better through jack!

It's seems cruel to say that they were so shit they weren't even worth trying to improve the world they were from. Even Aku didn't retcon reality.
>>
>>92661004
The only real goal was to kill aku.

The first person who had the idea was jack himself, a young optimistic boy who have no real idea how the laws of reality work. It wasnt his father nor the gods that stabilished that goal. He could have dropped it at any given moment, specially as he grows smarter of the consequences.

We seen the emperor ghost twice assuring jack that the future being fucked isnt his fault over the series.

Saying it was the goal from start is like saying "Indiana should have risked every thing to get the grail at the end of the crusade".
>>
>>92649793
>Site known for having bloated scores based on hype give a unreasonable high score for a thematically inconsistent, paradoxical and poorly executed ending of a otherwise good but overhyped season of a loved series.
>Site known for being endlessly nitpicky and analyzing works on multiple levels just for sake of discussion and that has put more collective effort reviewing stuff than any other reviewer (person or site) on this fucking Earth dont buy it and give a lower, yet above average, score.

Well, color me fucking surprised
>>
>>92652300
Not like this happened before in The Aku Infection or something.
>>
>>92661493
>The only real goal was to kill aku.
Yeah.
In the past. Which is why he wasn't actively trying to kill Aku in the future and instead opted to search for a means to go back home. Why is it that you people always disregard this?

>a young optimistic boy who have no real idea how the laws of reality work
Of course he knew, his goal was to return home, prevent Aku's tyranny and save his people.

>He could have dropped it at any given moment
And he did up until Ashi jumped in and forcibly took him to the past.
Look at what that got him, 50 years of despair and failure, suicidal tendencies and insanity. Even after he regained his sword he still felt the shame and regret of being unable to save his friends and family.

>We seen the emperor ghost twice assuring jack that the future being fucked isnt his fault over the series.
We've also seen how he appears to insane Jack too. Hung up and burning berating Jack for losing his purpose and failing.

>Saying it was the goal from start is like saying "Indiana should have risked every thing to get the grail at the end of the crusade".
Not even remotely the same situation.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 680x383px
>>92648896
>it hits jack
>>
>>92662321
>We've also seen how he appears to insane Jack too. Hung up and burning berating Jack for losing his purpose and failing.
That was jack vision caused his insanity. The emperor is canonicaly chilling in heaven, as shown several times.

>Look at what that got him, 50 years of despair and failure, suicidal tendencies and insanity. Even after he regained his sword he still felt the shame and regret of being unable to save his friends and family.
That was caused by the fact he failed to kill aku over the years. Simply slaying aku in the future would have been enough. Plus people die, it wasnt even his fault. Learning to accept it is one of the most common themes in any fiction because its relatable.
>>
>>92662321
>Which is why he wasn't actively trying to kill Aku in the future

You're wrong here. In S5, he isn't doing this because the sword is gone and it's impossible.

In 1-4, Jack goes to try and assassinate Aku SEVERAL times, prioritizing it when it's on the table. In the gangster episode, he literally drops everything to manipulate them to get him close. In the Chronos ep, he baits Aku so he can get a chance to fight and kill him while he thinks he has the advantage. In Jack vs. Aku he does the same thing, playing along with Aku's game to angle for an opening. In the one with the moth aliens, he was in the middle of trying to assassinate Aku when he grudgingly stopped to help them. There are probably more, but killing Aku has always been the prime mission.
>>
>>92661315
>Until Jack showed up the only lesson to learn was that hope is meaningless nothing will change and that's one that even Jack learned

Except that lesson was explicitly wrong and deliberately contrasted against Ashi's determined, driven personality - one Jack used to share, and gains back when he comes to terms with himself.
>>
>>92662545
>prioritizing it when it's on the table
Key words there son.
If there's an opportunity to take him between time portal runs he'll do it because it ultimately makes his journey easier.
Otherwise he's hunting for a means to return home.

Do yourself a favor and compare the times he's searched for a means to go back home and actively hunted aku.
>>
>>92662717
This. Hell, most of the time he attacks Aku BECAUSE he's in the way of getting to a time portal. Like the Kronos episode.
>>
>>92662717
>If there's an opportunity to take him between time portal runs he'll do it because it ultimately makes his journey easier.

Like when when he decided to not take a portal home to save the monks?

Gotcha.
>>
>>92662545
>In the Chronos ep, he baits Aku so he can get a chance to fight and kill him
You mean the episode that originally started as Jack hunting for a means to go home until he met up with The Hermit who he realised was Aku and led into a trap from then on?
How the fuck did he plan that from the start when he didn't know that Aku was going to be the Hermit until he met him?
>>
>>92662717
"On the table" has nothing to do with portal runs, it has to do with knowing where Aku is.

Portals aren't very common, and Jack is always searching for either them or Aku. From his perspective getting back is better because it saves more lives, but killing Aku is top priority.
>>
>>92662916
>but killing Aku is top priority.
You're half right.
Killing Aku in the past was a top priority while killing Aku in the future was tertiary at best.

Even the examples you gave were "hey there's a chance to make things easier".
He declined the offer from the mobsters until he heard they had connections to Aku.
The Cronus episode had him search for a means to go home initially but then go and kill Aku because he was literally right there.
Jack vs Aku was instigated by Aku himself who for once wanted to actively go after Jack in person.

>Portals aren't very common
I say "portals" but what I should have said is "a means to go home" remember he wasn't just hunting for portals specifically but creatures who could also grant wishes, ancient relics and the like that could achieve the same result.
>>
Imagine how much pants-shitting there would be here if the only difference was he didn't go back to the past.

Someone would eventually realize "Ashi should be able to do time travel since she has Aku power" and then we'd argue about that
>>
>>92663212
I say that there would be less, at least here.
In that case there would be no big time paradox / existential crisis, just the ending going the way osne people didnt want.
>>
>>92663212
If it did a time skip showing Jacks friends at his wedding at the scotsmans castle, and his spiritual parents looking on in happiness from the afterlife, I don't think people would've be too pissed.
>Someone would eventually realize "Ashi should be able to do time travel since she has Aku power" and then we'd argue about that
As long as they didn't say "you have aku's powers! then it would just be conjecture.
>>
File: file.png (380KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
380KB, 1280x720px
>>92649260

So instead of making the Earth a hub for all races and technology abound, Jack kills Aku.

Thereby, instead of Earth advancing in the way it should have, Japan gets slaughtered by Nobunaga and Mitsuhide, then nuked twice some years and enslaved by Americans.

The Spartans die to the Persians, the Africans are sold by their own people to be slaves, the Vikings get cucked out of existence, Scotland is never free. Basically instead of the world being united in its rebellion against Aku, it's instead enslaved by smaller, less evil but more petty fists, aliens never visit Earth, and we're stuck with THIS timeline.

All the while Jack is immortal, watches his family die, his country burn, watches the petty squabbles, fails to stop the nukes, even as he goes to try and samurai the fuck out of the bomb, only to be the only survivor of the explosion. He gets to watch his country become a vassal for a petty democracy as Spirit Jack whispers into his ear.

>You just HAD to go back, didn't you?
>You HAD to change the past, because that was your purpose, wasn't it?
>Or maybe, your real purpose was to accept that somethings, even if you can change them, should be left untouched.
>Oh sure, Aku is gone now, but look at Earth, at humanity.
>All these people squabbling over their precious oil and religion.
>All the despair and horror, it's sickening isn't it.
>And the best part is, its all. Your. Fault.
>But you know what you have to do, don't you Jack?
>You have to go find the Guardian.
>You have to go back. Back to the Past.
>>
>>92662545
In season one the only episode he goes after Aku is the first episode in the past and the Gangster episode and he wasn't searching for him.
In that season there are two episodes where he's hunting for a means home. The one with Ikra and The Blind Archers. I'd count the space one but that was coincidental.

Season 2 has no direct confrontations with Aku aside from the Imakandi episode where it was the opposite situation with Aku hiring hunters to go after him.
On the other hand there are four "portal" stories, Jump Good, two of the Jack Tales stories with the Serpents and Fairy, and Three Monks.
It's worth noting that he ends the monk episode with a vow to RETURN TO THE PAST and destroy Aku.
Anyway it's 0:6 for portals now.

For 3 the only Aku confrontation is the Cronus episode which was coincidental for Jack.
Portal stories we have Cronus, The Guardian, Shaolin Monks and the Labyrinth.
0:10 for portals so far.

4 now. Believe it or not Jack infiltrating in the moth-people episode was a coincidence after he was investigating their crashed ship. Then we have Jack Vs Aku where Aku came after Jack once again instead of the other way around.
Portal stories. None according to the synopsis I'm reading
0:10 no change.

Season 5. The only instance in the series where he's actively going after Aku of his own volition. No crashed aliens, no gangsters just him and his resolve.
Portals? None exist in 5 but we do see him going after a time portal in a flash back.
1:11 to portals

Do you even watch Samurai Jack?
>>
>>92663949
>Thereby, instead of Earth advancing in the way it should have, Japan gets slaughtered by Nobunaga and Mitsuhide, then nuked twice some years and enslaved by Americans.
>The Spartans die to the Persians, the Africans are sold by their own people to be slaves, the Vikings get cucked out of existence, Scotland is never free. Basically instead of the world being united in its rebellion against Aku, it's instead enslaved by smaller, less evil but more petty fists, aliens never visit Earth, and we're stuck with THIS timeline.
>All the while Jack is immortal, watches his family die, his country burn, watches the petty squabbles, fails to stop the nukes, even as he goes to try and samurai the fuck out of the bomb, only to be the only survivor of the explosion. He gets to watch his country become a vassal for a petty democracy as Spirit Jack whispers into his ear.
Aside from the immortality which may or may not be true seeing as we have nothing to go on that's how history was to play out before Aku tampered with time.

How is Aku's future the earth advancing as it should?
>>
>>92663963
>It's worth noting that he ends the monk episode with a vow to RETURN TO THE PAST and destroy Aku.

I'm going to have to stop you there.
The Monks asked him why he didn't go back home and Jack said he wasn't willing to sacrifice their life's and is getting used to finding another way home.
>>
>>92664055
Wrong monks dumbass.
>>
Lmao Aku destroyed all other life on planets thats why all those aliens live on earth (which has been schorched and destroyed). Them not existing is worth that tragedy never happening.
>>
>>92664008
>How is Aku's future the earth advancing as it should?
Because aku's future is what happened, it's the status quo, and Jack wiped out everyone in that future, happy or not.
>>
>>92664130
>Because aku's future is what happened
Due to him tampering with time.
Any way you spin it that's not a natural progression of things.
>>
l>>92664129
Im cracking up at how I mispelled scorched
>>
l>>92664129
Also not existing and dying are two different things. If you dont exist you cant live to die fool.
>>
>>92664153
Your actions in the present impacting the future is not the same as changing the present via actions in the past.
Aku throwing Jack into the future did not genocide a "good future" timeline, just like Jack undoing Aku's future did not genocide people yet to be born/conceived there.
Whatever the present is, it should be.
>>
>>92644804
What is up with that headcanon that everybody is dead? Jack's world involves heavy determinism, always have. I'm pretty sure all of them would be born under different circumstances anyway.
>>
>>92664278
Ashi's death was the spark. Had she continued to live, it was conceivable that everyone else lived as well, but since she faded away that more or less confirmed that everything that happened in the future was undone and that those people are all completely dead.
>>
>>92664278
You see, I could have accepted that idea, but wiping out Ashi without addressing others in the future leaves it too open to horrific interpretation.
>>
>>92656423
>Hey look guys Im a retard
No they wont ever exist I dont think you realize how impossible you fucking existing right now is.
>>
>>92664008

Jack has to be immortal to some extent, he went through a time portal twice and is a living paradox since if he kills Aku, his memories and experiences should be erased and the moment Aku dies, we would get Season One Jack, but we don't.

But ideally, people should be united. If the world is to see itself to its proper form, it can't be a segregated ragtag group of people arguing over petty shit, because then nothing gets done. Humans have always been at their best when they are united against a common enemy. Aku was that enemy, that's why he existed. To give humanity a reason to band together.

Aku and Jack are Yin and Yang. Darkness without light is all-consuming, but light without darkness is blinding. Aku and Jack should have been in an eternal stalemate.
>>
>>92664376
In the eyes of an Ashifag every species is Aku.
>>
>>92646277
Aku is more like the mentally retarded spawn of evil incarnate hes just a little babby compared to his daddy the Darkness Entity that the gods were fighting.
>>
>>92664361
I don't think you realize how impossible A WORLD WHERE MAGIC IS LITERALLY ON RANDOM STREET CORNERS is.
>>
>>92646277
Remember Marche was right.
>>
>>92664416
Yh so what? Your a retard who cant understand basic cause and effect.
>>
>>92664107
There were a couple of Monk episodes, your fault for not being specific.
>>
>>92664437
He says thinking rewriting means everyone dies a death they can't have.
>>
>>92664452
>your fault for not being specific.
The post literally makes the distinction between the Shaolin Monks and the Three Monks.

So not only have you not watched Jack, you can't even read.
>>
File: 1394678148880.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1394678148880.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
brainlets say things like:

"B-BUT THEY HAD TO HAVE KNOWN"
"B-BUT THE THEME SONG SAYS HE HAS TO GO BACK"
"B-BUT THEY C-COULD STILL BE ALIVE!!"
>>
>>92664528
>"B-BUT THEY C-COULD STILL BE ALIVE!!"
>not being able to comprehend basic cause and effect
>not knowing the different between being rewritten and dying
>still thinking you can die when you never existed
You're right, you brainlets do say some ridiculous things.
>>
>>92664499
I admit I messed up there, only because I'm sick and tired of people trying to defend this garbage writing and its all looking the same.

Not even the same anon you were replying to
>>
>>92664707
>Not even the same anon you were replying to
Does it really matter when the both of you made the same mistake?
>>
>>92664528
>implying frogposters aren't brainlets by definition
>>
>>92651068
You know what would've been bittersweet? Jack staying in the future, killing Aku, and giving up changing the past.
>>
>>92664839
Yes it would be bittersweet, but seeing the people he cares about supporting him and welcoming him to lead them with ashi into a bright new future would emphasize the "sweet" a bit more.
>>
>>92664749
It does you idiot, you Genndyfags are all repeating the same shit at this point. Regardless of all that has happened, the main point of this is that the ending was complete garbage.

Whether Jack was looking for a portal or not, this was the season to give a conclusion on whether Jack will forgo the future and return to the past or not. Instead that decision was taken away from him, from a Oc donut steel character. It's been shown Jack was looking for a portal, but at the same time, not willing to make the sacrifice. It ws Genndy's time to show what happens when you throw Ashi into the mix.

The execution was shit.
>>
>>92664970
>the main point of this is that the ending was complete garbage.
Anon, this part of the reply chain wasn't even about the ending.
>>
>>92647220
>wouldn't this apply to the original timeline that jack left though

It would. It applies to both. That's why when Universe gives you a choice of two shitty variants you shove your first so hard down its throat your hand comes out of its ass and you take a third option.

Before last season Jack at least always tried to do it. But in the end he gave up.
>>
>>92665156
>Before last season Jack at least always tried to do it.
What?
No he didn't something always cockblocked him.
>>
>>92665217
>No he didn't something always cockblocked him.
And? He tried that's what matters. Universe (and even Aku) is not someone who you could easily overpower. But until last season Jack tried time and again to do everything just right. That's why he always helped people even when it meant to fuck up a chance of going to the past.
>>
>>92665648
>He tried that's what matters.
Except he didn't.
He just didn't want to have someone die in order to achieve his goal. He was always searching for new ways to get back to his time.
>>
>>92664886
Most, not all but most, of his friends died in the fight against aku.
>>
>>92667445
The archers, woolies, dogs etc. Didn't bring their entire lineage. And the only people who he actually had kinship with were still there.
>>
File: tumblr_oqcik0QxSd1qhuuuko2_540.png (177KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqcik0QxSd1qhuuuko2_540.png
177KB, 538x810px
>>
File: tumblr_oqcik0QxSd1qhuuuko3_540.png (146KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqcik0QxSd1qhuuuko3_540.png
146KB, 538x810px
>>92667905
>>
File: tumblr_oqcik0QxSd1qhuuuko4_540.png (172KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqcik0QxSd1qhuuuko4_540.png
172KB, 538x810px
>>92667926
>>
File: 1494431470313.png (146KB, 595x379px) Image search: [Google]
1494431470313.png
146KB, 595x379px
>>92667905
>>92667926
>>92667953
Stop spamming this shit
>>
File: tumblr_oqcik0QxSd1qhuuuko5_540.png (147KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqcik0QxSd1qhuuuko5_540.png
147KB, 538x810px
>>92667953
>>
>>92667982
It's cute, fuck off
>>
>>92667984
>>
>>92644804
If Aku was dead and Ashi was never born, then how did Ashi send Jack into the past? Shouldn't everything have Zero-Summed when Jack killed Past Aku, which would transport him back to the future. The only way to avoid that is with a pre-existing time portal, or by the gods sending him back.
>>
File: 1495399247451.png (50KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
1495399247451.png
50KB, 459x459px
>>92667996
>>
>>92668056
I want to
>>
File: 1489331411880.png (609KB, 1433x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1489331411880.png
609KB, 1433x1079px
>>92667982
>>
>>92664321
>>92664318
Ashi was born from Aku in the future, that's why she's a special case. No future aku = no ashi.

Everyone else may well have lived just the same, except in different conditions.
>>
>>92669395
Butterfly effect and rules of probability say no.

It'd be a lot easier to think the future of Aku still exists as a split timeline, and Ashi was simply returned there because this universe couldn't make sense of her. Past Jack goes to the Aku timeline and no paradox.
>>
>>92670074

But isn't aku still alive and well in that timeline?
>>
File: 1488675837693.gif (581KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488675837693.gif
581KB, 500x375px
>>92670114
Yep.
>>
>>92648835
>Aku fucking broadcast the line "Now he seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku"
Everyone fucking knew.
>>
>>92670074
>>92670114
>>92670145
Didn't Genndy confirm alt timelines are a thing? My head hurts.
>>
>>92670167

"everyone fucking knew" that all the time portals were destroyed

everyone who showed up to the final battle thought they were fighting to finally help jack kill aku and create a future they and their children could live in

the second jack and ashi vanished anyone still alive was just as horrified as aku
>>
>>92670145
>Jack kills Aku in the past
>Aishi teleports back to the future because she can't stay in the past
>aishi and Aku duke it out in the future
there, this one extra scene fixes everything
>>
>>92670457
This whole debacle is evidence that if you want to do bittersweet ending via non simple solutions, you cannot shove all of the justification/explanation into a characters last words and hope people just take it at face value.
>>
>>92663949
Could a writefag make a fanfic out of this idea? I'd read the hell out of it.
>>
>>92672267
This. Comedies and happy endings have the benefit of having extra suspension of disbelief.
Sad, bittersweet stories need to closer to reality or no one will bother about the death of that character caused by a nonsensical event.

And yet genndy pulled an illogical overly dramatic bittersweet ending in a otherwise happy lighthearted series and expect us to feel sad about it, not mad or disappointed at him.
>>
File: 1494402235425.png (2MB, 1286x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1494402235425.png
2MB, 1286x1875px
>>92672804
>Heart of the show corrupted by creator's futile desire to make it more poignant and dramatic than it ever was
>>
>>92672804
Fixing the ending would've been really simple, too.

1. Address what the fuck happened to all the people Jack met in the future now that Aku got killed off.
2. Either have Ashi vanish immediately after Aku dies or go through with the wedding with no last minute twists.
>>
I'm really hoping we get an official answer from Genndy about this within a foreseebale future, because these discussions are getting pretty stale.
>>
File: ashii.png (349KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ashii.png
349KB, 1366x768px
>>92672910
Maybe Genndy still has regrets over the real-life Ashi?
>>
>>92673468
I mean the point is that he found his "crush" in a land he eventually left(russia), she made a positive influence on his life(taught him to draw) and presumably didn't see her again, because he got married to someone else. and you could see that as a parallel to Jack and Ashi's relationship, but Jack and Ashi weren't just a "crush", so it comes off as WAY crueler than he intended.
>>
>>92673196
Writers like him usually dont acknowledge logical criticism and are silent about it for years if ever.
>>
>>92673649
>>92673468
I wouldnt put if past him if his current wife was involved in getting rid of her in some way
>>
Just going into the nearest Jack thread

anyone see that [as] fuck up where they just showed a samurai jack promo a minute ago? It was a season promo, not a specific episode or the upcoming marathon.

It was with "NEW EPISODES EVERY SATURDAY, REAIRING ON WEDNESDAYS" at the end, talk about being behind. I don't think I even saw this one air during the run, it was with the head cultist saying her kill the samurai line, with them running out of the cave, then machine gun jack again, with ashi's voice over of "come out so you can die"

It was like the first 3 episodes in the preview
>>
>>92673671
He speaks at conferences though, and he was saying that he hopes people come out of season 5 wanting to support his next work. personally, After getting manipulated by that poorly last second gut punch of an ending, I'm not entirely sure I am up for getting invested in another work by him.
>>
>>92673931
>with ashi's voice over of "come out so you can die"
forgot to mention at this time it was showing jack fall into the river with the temple exploding
>>
>>92673945
I'm left hoping Sym-Biotic Titan stays buried in dust
>>
>>92674006
It's not coming back, you don't have to worry about that
>>
>>92673671
i don't expect him to even acknowledge criticism but rather "hey what happened to x and y, are they ok?"
>>
>>92674190
Elaborate por favor
>>
>>92674190
since he goes to conventions and such i expect him to be more open to answer stuff from the audience like "hey genndy, what happened to the scotsman and the others after jack went back, are they ok in the new future?" or "can jack and ashi reunite in the afterlife?"

instead of someone saying "hey i think the finale was badly paced and according to the themes of the show yadda yadda" which i don't think he would answer
>>
>>92674674
>>92674333
>>
>>92657183
He has no real character. He no longer exists.
>>
File: aku check em.jpg (20KB, 625x476px) Image search: [Google]
aku check em.jpg
20KB, 625x476px
So Aku won in the end? He was defeated but at the cost of ruining the finale to Samurai Jack and ensuring that it'll go down as a good cartoon with an underwhelming conclusion that'll ultimately result in it being forgotten?

FOOOOOOOLISH SAMURAIIIIIII
>>
File: Akus_Lament.png (620KB, 1344x2690px) Image search: [Google]
Akus_Lament.png
620KB, 1344x2690px
ONLY ONE CAN HOPE OF UNDOING THE FUTURE THAT IS GENNDY.
>>
>>92663949
Japan gets slaughtered by Aku anyways.
And Japan the what, second largest economy in the world? Seems they got a pretty good deal for getting nuked
>>
>>92675495
Honestly, it's what the fans deserve.
>>
>the whole season is about jack putting his selfish emotions to the side and learning to act with a code again
>when he's faced with the choice to undo centuries of torment or to let it stand so he could have his tortured and dead friends still exist, he chose the nobler path

I don't see the problem here guys, good=/=right
>>
>>92676896
Actually he didn't choose anything. Ashi pulled him through the portal and that was it. The final decision wasn't even his to make. Bravo Genndy
>>
>>92664364
Balance ftw
>>
>>92657063
I'd rather live in Aku's world than not exist.
>>
>>92675223
>this will be the response to every SJ discussion till the end time.
Fuck you Genndy
>>
>>92664528
>frogposter
Opinion discarded
>>
>>92656927
The animu waifu vanished because...??????? I Still having no single idea even ten years later.
>>
>>92676268
It's what the Ashifags deserve and the ones saying BASED GENNDY SAVING WESTERN ANIMATION, but those were mostly the same people

fuck this new season, it brought in so many obnoxious waifu fags being over dramatic and shit
>>
>>92679852
I haven't even watched it and I know that her existence is sustained by the main villains life force, and that it's brought up early in her character arc
>>
>>92670457
If that's the case and Samurai Jack operates on multiverse theory, then why did Ashi vanish? Oh, I forgot, we needed a way to sucker punch the audience in the last 2 min of the series.
>>
File: 5743734788.png (405KB, 529x376px) Image search: [Google]
5743734788.png
405KB, 529x376px
>>92644804
moral of the story is a girl will save you if you tell her "I love you"
>>
File: prometheus and atropos.png (6KB, 256x211px) Image search: [Google]
prometheus and atropos.png
6KB, 256x211px
>>92645641
>>92645827
>>92646170
>>92646231
>>92656423
>>92646489

I would have enjoyed a wink to the audience that
future characters are still alive
>>
>>92681920
Genndy really needed to pick a tone and stick with it
>>
>>92680073
Ashi was poorly made character, but i was all for the shipping because jack deserved to be happy.

He deserved it...
>>
>>92682758
No, he didn't.
Achieving balance of spirit and mind, ascending to a monk-like emotional peace is better than marrying the girl you love and whom you have discovered through a grueling journey to be a kindred spirit, one that has grown by you as much as you have grown by her.

Damn, it seems the moral of this story is that people shouldn't want to have sex and meaningful relationships.
Thank you Genndy for validating my quest to become a wizard.
>>
I am still mad
I will always be mad.
On my death bed I will be mad.
When the seas heat up and the world falls into global catastrophe I will still be fucking mad.
In the afterlife, when I get to the gates of Heaven, St. Peter and his angels will ask me "Are you still mad about Episode CI?" My answer will be yes.
When the race of man is no more and the ruins of man's cities have crumbled into dust, I will still be mad.
Ancient alien civilizations will find the smoldering, volcanic corpse of planet Earth and decode the secrets of the ancient "internet" and they will find this post and so my eternal anger will be brought forth into the far-flung reaches of outer space.
When the last tiny flash of heat in the universe dies and all descends into entropy, my hatred will remain.

I'm still so fucking mad I took the time to write this stupid fucking post and I'm not the slightest bit less mad. I fucking hate you Genndy.
>>
>>92682898
>And thus he became The Black Mass, from which spawned the Master of Masters, the Deliverer of Darkness, the Shogun of Sorrow, Aku.
>>
>>92648835
Why not?

Consider this in original timeline (A) you got your life.
In the new one (B) you never existed (at least not (A) you) it's not like the you lost anything you'd still have experienced everything you did. Then you'd just disappear.
>>
>>92682965
It's still nothingness.
>>
>>92682983
Yeah which you wouldn't experience.
It's not like you slowly crumble away or you suddenly age down and lose memory. You just kinda disappear.
>>
>>92683084
That's horrifying as a concept to me though. It's kept me up at night many times (I'm not religious so I don't believe in an afterlife and all I can imagine is oblivion after death). In a show where a "heaven" for many different cultures exists, it is especially horrifying to think someone could be denied that.
>>
>>92683123
The heaven this is as horrible as someone coming up and saying I'm going to flip a coin. Heads you get 1million dollars tax free, and Tails I leave and you forget I ever offered you the million dollars.

Like sure you might have lost a chance at money but not like the loss affected you (cause you never existed).

Also dude like no offense it's kinda foolish to be afraid of nothingness. If that's all death is then that's it you're just gone. You won't even feel bad or depressed cause you won't feel anything. It's just done it's like a dreamless sleep that lasts forever.
Hell people who believe in hell should have it worse they have a chance of dying then immediately getting demon ass raped.
>>
>>92683240
theres really no point in debating this when we simply have differing ways of viewing a concept that cannot be affected in anyway by either of us.
And I'm not offended, most fears are irrational or foolish to dwell on.
>>
>>92682953
>genndy's attempt at a bittersweet entity created Aku
>>
>>92684036
*ending
fuck
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.