[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's waste 20 seconds on a rudimentary joke in a finale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: dumbjoke.jpg (75KB, 634x408px) Image search: [Google]
dumbjoke.jpg
75KB, 634x408px
>let's waste 20 seconds on a rudimentary joke in a finale episode we only have 20 minutes in to tie up all the loose ends
>>
File: 1492429063195.png (303KB, 457x693px) Image search: [Google]
1492429063195.png
303KB, 457x693px
>>92642546
She's mine
>>
So how long until /co/ realizes how terrible of a season it is and hate Genndy forever?
>>
>>92642577
That happened 3 weeks ago
>>
>>92642577
It was great until literally the last 5 minutes of episode 10.

Still can't figure out why Genndy decided to kill off Ashi.

And although that ending scene was beautiful, it was kind of dumb
>>
File: 1493393740872.gif (583KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1493393740872.gif
583KB, 480x270px
>>92642577
The honeymoon period ended for me with Episode 8, but I still think the season is good despite its horrible pacing and Mary Sue love interest.
Jack went back to the past, that's what I wanted, and the first three episodes were amazing.
>>
>>92642640
I can't figure out why Ashi was given any more time than one episode. Her entire character arc could have taken place in one 22 minute segment and other characters could have filled her other roles better.
>>
>>92642640
>Still can't figure out why Genndy decided to kill off Ashi.
Are you really this dense? How can Ashi exist without Aku?
>>
>>92642710
I feel exactly this way - first 3 episodes amazing, and the finale was amazing for the Aku parts (that one little "oh no" moment STILL gives me chills).
>>
>>92642546
Basically sums up the entire season.
>>
>>92642759
Exactly.
If they decided to undo her at the very end her whole plot is just fucking meaningless and waste of time.
>>92642821
Someone's a little cranky.
>>
File: 1495432384605.png (71KB, 394x283px)
1495432384605.png
71KB, 394x283px
>>92642577
The season was great the only problem is the final episode the ending would be ok if they had takenn the time to also defeat future aku, just killing the weak aku from the past is not as satisfying as finally defeating future aku
>>
>>92643218
But that would ruin one of the biggest reasons for Jack going back to the past in the first place - he can't be sure he can even defeat future Aku, and if Aku kills Ashi his last chance to get back is gone.
>>
>>92642577

lolwhat

Some of us know how to enjoy things, and aren't obstinate nerds when not everything goes our way. Get over it.
>>
What was the point of Scotsman saving his daughters with his bagpipes if they were all just going to cease existing in the grand scheme of things?

Why couldn't they just all die and be on the brink of losing again so that Jack could view going home as sparing them a worse fate? It would be cruel but make more sense than Scotsman and Jack having no closure, and cruelty is what the ending is anyway.
>>
>>92642546
What I don't understand is that the ending really writes itself, it was the one episode that really out of all of them Genndy should have known what people wanted to see and it was a real actual fight with Aku that felt satisfying and less fanservice power of friendship crap.
>>
>>92643267
Dude, you're arguing likelihoods and possibilities for an ending which unavoidably breaks the time continuity no matter what. "He can't be sure to defeat the future Aku" is a fucking stupid reason to introduce a plethora of paradoxes and plot-breaking holes.
>>
>>92643444
By itself, maybe. But when that coincides with the main goal of the series, as stated every single ep?
>>
>>92643478
It's what Jack wanted, it wasn't stated outright that it makes sense or is a possibility until the last episode. Just because that was the "original" goal doesn't mean it should be fulfilled in the end of a series which has established so many characters. Even from an emotional message standpoint it doesn't make sense. Jack's character arc should have been that he learned to evolve, not go back in the past.
>>
>>92643714
But evolve for what? For a destroyed future?
(No, the occasional tiny ray of hope doesn't change that fundamentally.)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.