[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>interview a 40-something comics writer or tv writer >all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: kill six billion demons.jpg (430KB, 750x1120px) Image search: [Google]
kill six billion demons.jpg
430KB, 750x1120px
>interview a 40-something comics writer or tv writer
>all their influences are comics from the late 80s and 90s

>interview a 20-30 something writer
>all their influences are anime and manga

Is the generation gap that big between Gen Xers and Millenials? I feel like we're on the verge of a massive number of comics and tv shows inspired by anime, and we're just waiting for all the gen-xers to get fired as they look for younger talent.
>>
>>92637312
The verge? Its already started
>>
>>92637348
Steven Universe and Star vs. is the vanguard, but I listen to the Nerdist Writers Panel on a weekly basis and they never mention anime or manga ever. And they think the concept of an animated drama series is absurd and were genuinely shocked by the success of Bojack Horseman
>>
>>92637312
Is this a good comic by the way? The moonster design looks awesome.
>>
>>92637412
>Is this a good comic by the way?

I love it to death, but its style definitely takes getting used to
>>
>>92637449
Kinnda reminds me of James Stokoe, only maybe a tad bit less crazier. Might pick it up
>>
>>92637412
Imagine if Barlowe, Stokoe and an Hindu scholar had a child together.
>>
File: lost all hope.png (271KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
lost all hope.png
271KB, 500x627px
>>92637312
>Future writers will say that their influences are webcomics and Steven Universe
Outlook not so good.
>>
>>92637312
Have you seen Jorge Jimenez and Renae De Liz art?
>>
>>92637412
I would absolutely recommend it.
The main character may take a bit to grow on you, but the world in general has more than enough character to make up for it.
>>
>>92637312
Wait, you manipulated it for your goal.
Ask a 30-40, he will list end 80s and 90 animation with anime like sailor moon, dragon ball, pokemon.
>>
I would prefer if they were influenced from actual writers and not just wide generalizations of whole mediums, it's how we had people assume all anime is like speed racer
>>
>>92637312
>interview a 40-something comics writer or tv writer
>all their influences are comics from the late 80s and 90s
Genndy Tartakovsky, George Krstic, Adam Warren and Alex Ross are just exceptions I guess.
>>
>>92637532
Gotta say, I love this concept.
>>
>>92637312
you think 20-30's had good comics to pull inspiration from?

your whole THREAD is fucking a waste
>>
>>92637400
>concept of an animated drama series is absurd
This is the braindead thinking that killed Moral Orel.
>>
>>92637917
fucking alt-right with their damn anime avatars
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.