[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of the two Spongebob movies is superior, /co/? Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Which of the two Spongebob movies is superior, /co/? Because honestly I think pic related is much better.
>>
The first one was more structurally put together and served as a great send-off to the series.
The second one was still good and felt kinda like a reunion film (since it managed to get some of the feeling that the first 3 seasons did), but the first movie's climax alone puts it ahead.
>>
>story was all over the place and random, felt like three-part episodes rather than a movie
>lots of jokes are missed
>not god-tier moment like Goofy Goober Rock or Hasselhoff
>no memorable musical sequence
>shitty out of place rap battle
>2D animation felt less spectacular than the first movie
>3D live action sequence with low-brow type of humour just to appeal normie audience
Hell no
>>
>>92633614
The second one wasn't bad but I'm kinda disappointed. It tricked me into believing Plankton was going to be developed as a character, and then his entire arc was undone at the end when he decided 'i should just be evil again lol'. I mean I do get that they can't do anything with the status quo but then why make pointless character arcs at all?
Also the rap battle was cringe.
>>
>>92633768
>low-brow type of humour
THIS IS SPONGEBOB
>>
>>92633614
First one would have been the perfect ending to a good show

Now this show will never have a ending as good as the first movie
>>
if anyone says the 2nd one is better they clearly suffer from autism.
>>
>>92633811
no man, the first movie had more subliminal humour that went over kids head. For example:
>Mindy: I guess I have to just turn you into men!
>Spongebob: How?
>Mindy: First, close your eyes...
>>
>>92633768
>>92633870

The second movie has much more character development, and is more artistically unique and visually interesting, with a lot of experimental unexpected shit that even classic Spongebob wouldn't have considered incorporating.

The original Spongebob movie literally just pushed all the main cast to the side as well, mainly just focusing on Spongebob and Patrick, who don't work off each other much at all. The ending half of the movie was undeniably great, but as a send-off to the show, this movie did a fucking awful job of saying goodbye to all the characters. Sandy, a major side character since season 1, has literally one single line. They sort of tease this cool side story of Squidward catching on to Patrick's scheme only for it to end as soon as it starts.

I honestly feel that if Sponge out of Water had debuted back in 2004 instead people wouldn't be giving it the cold shoulder.
>>
>>92633614
the one that has the Hoff
>>
>>92635061
This. The fact that only Spongebob and Patrick get 90% of the screen time in the first movie is what makes the second one better in my eyes.
Also, anyone that disliked the 3D is full of shit because it looked great.
The rap made me cringe though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.