[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bring back a series after 13 years >Only ten episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: It's over.png (957KB, 1279x676px) Image search: [Google]
It's over.png
957KB, 1279x676px
>Bring back a series after 13 years
>Only ten episodes
>Dedicate half of them to a donut steel side character that fades away in the end anyway
>Finale feels rushed and unsatisfying
why?
>>
Season 5 was perfect. Stop whining.
>>
File: Jack_tired.png (923KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_tired.png
923KB, 1920x1080px
>>92617160
>All of Jacks personal struggles built up in the first three episodes, reduced to a cringey, forced, cliche romance in the end.

Ashi was a mistake.
>>
>>92617160
why didn't you like it you mean? Not my place to tell you

I liked it
>>
>>92618412
Genndy was a mistake.
I will never forgive him for this.
>>
>>92618412
>the first three episodes are considered kino by /co/
>BvS is also considered kino
Really fires up the neurons.
>>
>>92618412
The fact that /co/ can make a fifth season better than a veteran animator is sad.
>>
>>92618412
How was it forced? Jack was on the verge of impaling Ikra if she didnt spill she was Aku.
>>
>>92617160
i'm not surprised that 4chan doesn't like ashi, but calling a character made by the exact same guy who made samurai jack a "donut steel" kind of removes any meaning from the term
>>
File: 0a1.png (221KB, 680x378px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.png
221KB, 680x378px
>>92617160
My honest theory.
I think Genndy had this great story that would have worked out in a full season but the higher ups at Adult Swim saw the backlash that the new PPG got and got gun shy about a continuation and cut it down to 10 episodes to minimise losses if it didn't work out.
>>
>>92617435
Great? Yes. Perfect? Hell no.
>>
>>92618652
Exactly.
>>
>>92618412
First three episodes? Try the entire show from over thirteen years ago

>Jack numerous times could choose between going back to the past or helping people in the future
>never abandons the future despite going to the past literally erasing the moral problem of abandoning them in the first place vanishing with it
>>
>>92617160
Had I known it was only going to be 10 episodes I would have known it was going to be a disappointment after the 6th episode.
>>
>>92618652
That's still Genndy's fault.
If you're told that you don't have as much time as you wished you had, you change the story.
>>
>>92619169
There's nothing wrong with the story. It just has less impact because it's rushes to tell it all in 10 short episodes.
>>
>>92619169
It really depends on how late into development you are.
If my theory is correct then it would have happened too late into development for them to change anything without taking much longer to do, and considering they were already late i dont think the higher ups were willing to let development go on for much longer.

If a network wants you finished by a certain time you have to finish by a certain time, look at what happened with Legend of Korra. They had planned for season 1 to be the end, but they were practically packing up when they were told they needed a second season within a year and that season is universally seen as the worst, but its hard to blame the shows crew.
>>
>>92617160

It felt like there was no closure because we never see any real effect of Aku dying in the future, which makes the entire journey on the same level as "lol it was all a dream" almost. And Jack gains nothing, he just suffers and suffers and in the end, he suffers some more. Very bleak
>>
>>92620202
>we never see any real effect of Aku dying in the future
Ashi disappearing makes any future scenes of celebration and happiness meaningless.
>>
>>92620459
>Ladybugs have a heavy association with lovers in Japanese culture, being visited by one is a sign you will meet your soulmate soon
>Souls are permanent and not tied to a time or place

She and everyone else might still live on in the afterlife. Shame we had no fucking closure regarding what happened to everyone from the future timeline.
>>
>>92620733
>Shame we had no fucking closure regarding what happened to everyone from the future timeline.
Why do westerners need everything spoon fed to them?
>>
>>92621979
You're a westerner fuckface
>>
>>92621979
Please elaborate on the covert symbolism that alludes to what happened to them, fuckstick.
>>
>>92619054
>>never abandons the future despite going to the past literally erasing the moral problem of abandoning them in the first place vanishing with it
Yes, but at least those times were FUN. The journey was supposed to be fun, with the final fight against Aku and eventual return to the past being the most fun adventure of all.

I feel like Genndy's idea of "darker and more mature" left out the idea that an adult adventure can be fun as well. There's a reason people love Scaramouche, after all.
>>
You would bitch if it was perfect, it was a great season and more than we deserved
>>
>>92619927
Being "rushed" counts as something wrong
>>
>>92617435
Ah yeah, now I remember why I stopped coming here.
Bye!
>>
>>92618525
>/co/ can make a fifth season better
>fanfiction garbage
No thanks.
>>
>>92619054
This is my main problem with finale. We had 4 seasons of Jack staying in future, because he couldn't leave his friends. And when he gets ported, he just stops giving a shit about them without any explanation.
>>
>>92617160
You want me to tell you why? Fine.
10 years. For 10 Fucking years, as I move from project to project, I get bombarded with "When you are going to finish Samurai Jack?" and "Samurai Jack Season 5 When?".

10 Years

10 Fucking Years

It happens at conventions, it happens through emails and fucking physical letters. Hell it even happened at the goddamn Grocery store by the damn cashier.

So there, there's your series finale. Now fuck off.
>>
>>92624603
Well too bad for you, because I liked it
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.