[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/co/ hates this excellent ending that wraps up the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 529
Thread images: 81

>/co/ hates this excellent ending that wraps up the series in a satisfying bittersweet manner while staying true to the series themes and successfully wrapping up the Samurai Jack character arc and also pays homage to another great series with a excellent ending

Then what fucking endings does /co/ even like then?
>>
File: the state of co.png (84KB, 378x320px) Image search: [Google]
the state of co.png
84KB, 378x320px
>>92614828
>>
File: EEE.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EEE.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>92614828
-Great show
-Never forgot it roots
-Had a completely satisfying ending wrapped up in a well paced movie
-Is universally loved by /co/

Samurai Jack did not do this.
>>
>>92614828
I agree
>>
>>92614828
>an ending where Jack leaves all of his friends behind
>doesn't even acknowledge the people who died to Future Aku
>barely interacts with any of the characters who died for him
>all so he can have his newly introduced waifu
>and then she's killed off, too, just for a forced bittersweet ending that would otherwise be happy since he got back to the past and saved his family
>true to the show's themes

Explain.
>>
>>92614993
Neither did that show there. But keeping deluding yourself, anon.
>>
>>92614828

>horrible ending

they could have went with "you can't change past but you have the power to change the future"
>>
>>92614828
>while staying true to the series themes

>spends the first 4 seasons travelling earth searching for a way to return to the past and befriends all sorts of people
>risks his life and sacrifices opportunities to travel back to the past just to help them
>feels awful when he kills the sheep that helped him find a portal
>Final battle they all come to risk their lives to rescue him after he's captured by aku
>pretty much ignores them all as hes too focused on ashi and then suddenly travels back to to the past with no explanation to anyone, not even the scotsman, leaving them alone with no hope to defeat aku and then completely erases them from existence once he undoes the future

what was the point of the whole series? Why waste episodes showing jack and his regret over killing ashis sisters as well those sheep when its all going to be undone once kills aku in the pat. Why bother helping or befriending anyone? why didnt he just focus on his goal and have the series in the first season?
>>
>>92614828
>Then what fucking endings does /co/ even like then?

Actual good endings
>>
File: really stretches the cerebellum.png (419KB, 472x331px) Image search: [Google]
really stretches the cerebellum.png
419KB, 472x331px
>>92614828
>"lol Aku doesn't exist anymore"
>*poof*
>ASHI!!!!
>*crying*

Yeah, no, this ending was literally the entire opposite of what you claim it to be. Get your head out of your ass, it's clear that not enough oxygen is going to your brain, you inbred faggot.
>>
>>92614828
The way I feel, the show was set up for a bad ending no matter what. Literally so much happens condensed into 10 episodes. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess I would have rather had more Samurai Jack then no Samurai Jack. But I would have preferred like 26 episodes with some more character development for Aku, Ashi and Jack. Like wtf happened for 50 years? Notice the only people who helped Jack in the end were from the earlier seasons which were just the first few years he was stuck in the future? Somehow Jack goes from almost committing suicide, to being able to face his inner demons and magically get his sword back, to falling in love in THREE FUCKING EPISODES! I just feel like Genndy was like fuck it I only got 10 episodes so I'll invent Ashi and just make it so she has Aku's powers in the last episode so I can easily transition to the show ending.
>>
>>92615942
>Episode literally opens with Aku explaining the time travel plot to everyone on a TV
>Jack goes back in time like he always said
>Creates future people would want to live in
>Hurr somehow he's the badguy
>>
>>92615942
This is why I'm convinced they'll make a 6th season where Jack somehow brings all the groups and Ashi back to life. Even if Genndy currently has no intention of it happening.
>>
File: jack4083925.jpg (868KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jack4083925.jpg
868KB, 1920x1080px
I loved the ending.
SJ excels at visual storytelling rather than dialogue.

The ending is something that, the more I sat with it, the more I liked it.

I felt that it was conveyed that Ashi suspected that she would die when killing Aku. Knowing this, she still went through with the plan, and in dying, she restored the world to the beauty and wonder that Jack once knew and felt he had lost forever, as her last gift to him. In that sense, I found it to be unbelievably romantic.

The scene at the end under the tree was really beautiful and captured the sentiment well.

>>92616229
I thought they did it well, personally. There's a difference between rushing something, and cutting out unnecessary filler. Again, this is Samurai Jack. Rather than analyze a relationship based on dialogue, I feel like we were supposed to soak it in and feel it. Just my two cents.
>>
File: 1495412269671.png (659KB, 680x575px) Image search: [Google]
1495412269671.png
659KB, 680x575px
>>92614828
>Shot for shot rip off of Gurren Lagann ending
>Homage
I hate how homage apparently means completely copy.
>>
File: IMG_0938.jpg (2MB, 901x3736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0938.jpg
2MB, 901x3736px
>>92617120
Was Genddy to blame for this?
>>
File: 1495417284774.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495417284774.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>92617272
I want you to know I appreciate the chuckle that gave me.
>>
>>92617120
Whats the show on the left? I recognize the redhead as the team rocket chick from Pokemon, but the artstyle doesn't look as pretty.
>>
>>92616408
Yeah, I don't get why everyone assumes the worst when Jack travels back to the past. Maybe Aku disappears, and everyone is better off in an Aku-less future? What about the millions, if not billions, of people killed because Aku invited monsters and barbarians to kills civilians? People seem to believe the worst case of time travel law, when even that varies depending on the series. Jack's friends can still be born in this new future--the butterfly effect of whatever doesn't promise they stop existing.
>>
>>92617448
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
>>
>>92617272
Holy fuck my sides
>>
I very much got a Link's Awakening vibe from the ending.

https://youtu.be/xBqkLx4AMrg?t=92

Basic backstory: Link from Link's awakening sets out on a journey on the sea. He hits a lightning storm and 'wakes up' on an island. He's told he has to awaken the wind fish to leave the island. Turns out it's all a dream.

By waking the wind fish, Link wakes himself up and destroy the island and all the people on it that he made friends with sort of deal.
>>
>>92615614
The comic ended on that kind of bittersweet end and I find that they were all the better for it. It's essentially a lesson in not trying to recapture the memories past but keep moving forward to build a better future
>>
>>92614867
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons
>>
File: genndy.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
genndy.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>92618090
I'm the fag that posted >>92617027

And yeah, I liked that too--I originally thought that was the route they might go in, because it seemed more poetic.

I feel that /co/ would find that ending similarly polarizing though, with how many people wanted him back in the past for the ending.
>>
>>92617510
Actually it kinda does. Every life is forged in a specific second by specific events. Throw that off by even a second and you have someone completely different standing there in their place. The circumstances by which a lot of the people Jack met in the future were born was that Aku ruled the world. Take that away and you could have very well prevented entire family trees from existing due to different circumstances. That's the true horror of the butterfly effect when it comes to quantum causality.
>>
>>92618267
Adding to this, if Ashi hadn't faded away, the implications could be left alone and people could assume "oh look good future was made! Strange time laws just made alt-versions of everybody, and time travel shenanigans let ashi and jack keep their memory".
However, doing what was done to Ashi opened the door to all of the horrific implications.
>>
>>92614828
>Ashi's last line is literally exposition and fades out fast enough to make the scene hilariously bad
>OP will defend this
>>
>>92614828
Give /co/ time. They'll accept the ending was actually good faster than was with Gravity Falls.
>>
>>92614828
ones that arent shit you fucking faggot
>>
>>92617272
fuck popeye wouldve been great
>>
>>92620084
point out some positives with the ending.
>inb4 HIS QUEST IS FINALLY OVER YAYY LEEDLE LEEDLE LEE
>>
>>92615538
I really wish they gave us a glimpse of Ashi + future friends in the afterlife or something. We know it canonically exists in the SJ universe and it would've made the ending much less bleak.
>>
>>92618437
I want to know if the grimshit ending was Genndy's sole decision or if every other writer on the team was cool with it. It really doesn't fit the feel of the show at all. Jack spent his entire life suffering, he deserved some happiness in the end. Instead he ends up sitting under a tree, alone once again and alone forever.
>>
>>92614828
Its a shit ending with an unsatisfying theme you fuckhead
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ARO37vOmA

>That ladybug showing that Ashi is with him

I don't know about you guys, but that ending made me more hopeful than anything

Jack's smile helped take me out of the bad mood I've been in for months
>>
>>92621099
This is what pissed me off. Is she in the afterlife or isn't she?
>>
>>92621099
Except that it's completely retarded that Jack made that connection. When they were trapped on the island Jack never saw Ashi drop her weapon over a bug, he was just sitting there playing with a bug.
>>
>>92614828
One that isn't a rushed pile of shit.

Ashi was a poorly written and poorly used character. The final meeting between Aku and Jack (episode 9 and 10) were rushed. Jack being rescued and even rescuing Ashi to an extent were pretty good, and the call backs to the show worked well (except for them all getting there so quick, that was weird). Going back to the past, Aku leaving Ashi, and the apparent time skip to the wedding and then Ashi just disappearing we all poorly done. They either need more time to stretch out the ideas they wanted, or they needed more time to properly plan the episodes.

I honestly think they could have used all the same plot points of they had just spent more time on the planning/writing.
>>
>>92615434
I don't care
>>
>>92621239

They spent a few nights together, they probably talked.
>>
>>92621222
This, since it was too rushed to establish the "rules" of time travel erasure among other things, Genndy really needs to address a few things.
>>
>>92620084
I still think GF's ending was shit, so do most people with taste.
>>
File: samurai jack timeline.png (21KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack timeline.png
21KB, 800x600px
>>92614828
The only way I can enjoy the ending is if I don't think about it.
>>
File: IMG_0457.jpg (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.jpg
40KB, 1024x768px
>tfw your parents had greater triumph and a much happier love story than you.

Why?
>>
>>92621433
>>92621422
I really want to know why Genndy made the ending the way he did. It felt like it was forced to be bittersweet when a happier ending would've been a more natural conclusion. There were so many different ways things could have gone down that wouldn't have resulted in Jack getting shafted in the end.

It also bothers me that Jack is just ok with shit in the end. I was half expecting an after credits scene of him climbing up a mountain or something to kick the shit out of the Gods for being such useless assholes.
>>
>>92620984
His Aku-timeline friends are still alive in their own timeline. Jack just ditched them and was hopefully able to kill Aku in their world by killing Aku in his.
>>
>>92620984
Future ashi won't exist, she's literally half aku
>>
>>92621099
Nope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euo98i4vuaU
>>
Can we talk about how brilliant this scene is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mcDmXqo3w
>>
>>92621519
This.

What I said in another thread, Season 5 was excellent except for that ending.

Killing off Ashi at the very end during the wedding scene was completely unnecessary. The creators did that solely for edgy bittersweet bullshit that doesn't even make any sense. And it's not even that bittersweet, it's tragic.

It would have made more sense to end the series at the wedding or killing off Ashi much sooner
>>
>>92614828
I thought the ending was fine, but it (and the last couple episodes entirely) could have been done better.
>>
>>92621662
>The creators did that solely for edgy bittersweet bullshit that doesn't even make any sense.

Exactly.
I don't even like Ashi, but holy shit that was hilariously bad.
>>
Even if Jack made it back to the past in Season 4 everyone would have died. Ashi or not.
>>
>>92616148
sauce on that pic ?
>>
>>92614993

>Never forgot it roots

Wrong. The later seasons are ass
>>
File: Chel Facepalm.jpg (32KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chel Facepalm.jpg
32KB, 720x480px
>>92621662
>And it's not even that bittersweet, it's tragic.
Finally, someone else gets it.

The ending was almost literally
>and by the way fuck you
with a completely unnecessary death that was ridiculously timed.
>>
>>92621691
Oh, and Ashi's last line being exposition was immensely retarded.
>>
>The sound of Ashi riding Jack animalistically and shouting "Samurai scum!" echoed throughout the palace and the village surrounding
>>
>>92621581
>still alive in their own timeline

But then why did Ashi vanish?

>>92621662
>Killing off Ashi at the very end during the wedding scene was completely unnecessary. The creators did that solely for edgy bittersweet bullshit that doesn't even make any sense. And it's not even that bittersweet, it's tragic.

To quote a friend I was watching it with at the time:

>thats fucking bullshit, fuck you, theres no reason to do that at all
>>
>>92621831
...it just occurred to me that Jack literally died a virgin. Nothing went right for him at all.
>>
>>92621846
Never before has character assassination been literal.
>>
>>92621894

They totally fucked before the wedding. It took a while for all of Jack's old mentors to arrive and for his parents to get back to good health.
>>
>>92621831
>>92621894
You physically cannot reconstruct a palace, send out invitations, have people trek the world via sails, and accustom a person from a different time to your marriage customs and completely recover a slave from malnourishment in a short period of time.
My guess is they had at least a year or two to go at it like animals.
>>
>>92621662
>>92621703
Let's just say that destroying Aku affects linear timeline and Ashi does disappear. Wouldn't it made much more sense to kill her off right after Jack killed Aku? From the looks of it it took some years after Aku was defeated seeing the kingdom was restored. Why specifically at the wedding?

And why does """"proper""" real life physics takes place all of a sudden at the end? Genndy came up with all these meme shit like the Celtic magic and god power. Why does rea life logic suddenly come into effect?

Honestly, I'm just triggered very hard at the ending. It just sucks.
>>
>>92621978
>>92621974

Depends on how strictly Jack adhered to his bushido code. Samurai are supposed to remain celibate until marriage.

>Ashi died the night Jack was planning on slipping her his one eyed sea serpent

Also I think you might be forgetting Genndy is a hack fraud who forgot Jack's parents were elderly in the first episode before he went to fight Aku.

>>92621995
>triggered very hard at the ending
Welcome to the club.
>>
>>92614828
Considering the previous timeline still exists since jack still holds his memories and younger jack was flung into the future. Ashi should've had a happy ending with jack and it should've ended fading out on the marriage scene and before it turns black you hear "WACHA"
>>
>>92621995
>Why does rea life logic suddenly come into effect?

This is the one thing that really bothers me. Scotsman gets straight-up vaporized and comes back because "celtic runes", Hell there's so much deus ex shit in the original series as well! Like Jack vs the Ultrabots, Jack is about to get killed and he literally gets a asspull power boost to win.

Why is it that all of the sudden, Ashi who is HALF-human fucking vanishes when , she even said she felt Aku leave her AND it's been shown pieces of "Aku" can become their own being?

The ending was just fucking bad, it was so forced holy shit.
>>
>>92622094
>"Dad, I just went through 50 years in the future and my new girlfriend helped me save all of your lives, does the code account for that?"
>>
File: See You Foolish Samurai (2).png (61KB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
See You Foolish Samurai (2).png
61KB, 1924x1080px
>>
>>92622094
>Depends on how strictly Jack adhered to his bushido code. Samurai are supposed to remain celibate until marriage.

The palace was probably practically humming with sexual tension.
>>
>>92617027
Agreed, ultimately. Also

>the tree is shaped like half a heart
>>
File: 1488150873112.png (363KB, 717x692px) Image search: [Google]
1488150873112.png
363KB, 717x692px
>Jack returns to the past
>defeats Aku
>undoes the future that is Aku
>/co/ is mad
ya'll are newfags and it's really fuckin obvious
>>
>>92622168

Oh god, all those women jealous of this girl that Jack brought home. She's an outsider, mysterious, hot, /fit/, and could kick anyone's ass. Everyone wondering why Jack still has all these scars down his back and why has small traces of some black substance on his robe or body.
>>
>>92621099
This.

>>92621222
Yes. A single ladybug under THAT specific tree JUST as Jack passed? With the symbolism involved in ladybugs? She's fine.

>>92621239
Ashi technically never told Jack her name either, but it obviously happened, since he definitely knew it. I'm guessing this happened some time after E6, when they had time to talk after the attempted suicide.
>>
>ashi is disappearing
>no last second proclamations to the love of her life
>no meaningful statements
>"oh shit im going ghos-"
>poof
garbage
>>
>>92622214
I've watched SJ since it came out in 2001ish? And I believe "rebuilding the future that was Aku" is much powerful than "undoing the future that is Aku."
>>
>Ashi covered in black after realizing she had his powers
>Pulling Jack into the springs to have him wash it off for her
>>
>>92622253
>I have defeated the evil that plagued our lands, but I'm marrying his daughter.
Every conversation resulting in the time-travel shenanigans would be priceless.
>>
>>92622313
It blows my mind.

I actually liked the ending, but that right there was fucking dumb enough to almost ruin it for me.
>>
File: JACKED.gif (163KB, 513x302px) Image search: [Google]
JACKED.gif
163KB, 513x302px
>>92622253
Do you suppose they roleplay the 'lecherous samurai and brave assassin' scenario?
>>
LONG AGO ON A DISTANT NETWORK, I, GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY, something something BUT BEFORE THE FINAL SEASON WAS AIRED, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL, AND FLUNG IT INTO THE FUTURE
>>
>>92614828
WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST LET JACK WIN. FIFTY YEARS, THIRTEEN YEARS OF A SERIES. HE SACRIFICED SO MUCH, AND THEY COULDN'T LET HIM WIN, ONE THING, ONE TINY THING.
>>
>>92622214
Nobody is really mad he went back to the past you stupid faggot. Every is mad at that absurdly unnecessary grimdark ending they forced into the final 2 minutes.
>>
>>92616148
Why is there a delayed reaction, days at least, between "I feel aku leaving me" and "without aku I don't exist oops"?
>>
>>92622511
>days at least
It was years at least.
>>
>>92622478
because muh bittersweet ending

It was bitter, not sweet at all.

>>92622538
>years
Probably months. Fuck, we don't even know THAT.
>>
>>92622511
Maybe some divine intervention. Maybe it takes time for the ripples in the timeline to get back to the past.
>>
>>92622478
You may be forgetting the part where he was able to finally return to the past and undo the future that was Aku.

He lost his waifu, but he finished his quest.

And hey, he's still a young man (physically). He's got plenty of time to move on and find a new lady.
>>
>>92621831
>DECEIVER!
>WORM!
>SCUM!
>LECHEROUS SNAKE!
>NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO I SHALL NEVER GIVE IN!
>>
>>92622447
>f-f-foolish *unf* samurai, I will *ah!* undo the eeeeEVIL that is *uh* you!
>>
>>92621831
>samurai scum
>samurai's cum
>>
>>92622447

>Jack sitting outside, far away from everyone, just taking in the summer air
>Suddenly senses Ashi's presence
>"Oh, I was wondering wh-
>She suddenly attacks him
>Jack is confused and more than a little worried
>Refusing to harm her, she easily overpowers and pins him down
>She exclaims that she's finally captured and defeated the foolish Samurai and will now use him for whatever she pleases
>"Ashi, what is this madn-?
>And then she grabs his dick
>"....oh"

And that's how Jack lost his virginity

Nobody knows if there was any Dean Martin music
>>
>>92621831
>>92622572
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHo-XLjGn0

needs a SJ parody
>>
File: Jack embarrassed.png (293KB, 585x627px) Image search: [Google]
Jack embarrassed.png
293KB, 585x627px
>>92622598
>>92622579
>>
>>92622559
He also lost all of his friends and his comrades, and many others who were inspired by his greatness to try and build a better future.

And knowing how grimdark genndy tried making this ending, Jack will probably never move on and Just become old jack again. But now there will be no one to help him out of his depression.
>>
>>92621753
Wrong.
>>
File: wojak.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
34KB, 633x758px
>>92622478
You want happy endings? Fuck you, life has no happy endings, the world doesn't care you exist, and it will fuck you into the dirt no matter how noble or hardworking you might be

That's the moral of Samurai Jack
>>
better ending inc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOP4fa0tLmo
someone animate this then we gotta figure out how to pay phil lamarr and tara strong, get a literally who to voice the gods since who cares
>>
>>92621846
>But then why did Ashi vanish?

Because she's directly related to aku perhaps?

Again did she vanish because time stuff? Or did she vanish because similar "The source of my evil half is gone so I gotta go poof" like ttgl?

I think jack's various friends from the future might be around, some may be unkilled due to aku not existing to kill them. They'll just be living peacefully on their homeplanets homelands and wherever else, with a faint memory of the time that may have been.

that's what I'm going with to justify the ending. Aku disappeared on the future folks,
and they all suddenly found themselves not fighting aku anymore, the world restored.
>>
>>92622732

I want someone to just edit this into the episode and I can fully ignore that shitshow genndy tried to pull.

https://streamable.com/3jsad
>>
>>92622632

>Ashi embarrassing Jack by showing him how much of his cum is leaking out of her
>>
>>92622714
Thats only from Jacks point of view.
from ashi's perspective it is
You were born into the shittiest upbringing imaginable? well if you really work to overcome your evil nature and be good, you can get a glimpse of happiness before it is torn from you and your very being is erased from ever having existed.
>>
>>92622559
>He's got plenty of time to move on and find a new lady
>implying you can meet woman like Ashi every dynasty.
Naw With an ending like that, I feel like he went celibate and travelled around Japan like a hermit until he died.

>>92621846
>>92622116
The thing is, I don't mind having a bittersweet ending, but it depends on which characters they portray it on.

I feel like having a bittersweet moment between Jack and his parents would have been much more powerful and tearful than an obvious sad couple trope.

For example:
>In the future, Aku is defeated
>still no way back to past
>Jack has another PTSD episode, but in a much brighter mood
>in a dream like state, he sees his parents and Jack turns into a child
>Jack rushes in and hugs his parents. They tell him how proud they are and how much they love him, even in afterlife
>parents bid farewell and wishes his son to finally have a happy life.
>both the parents and child jack are in tears as his parents vanishes into memories.
>>
File: ashi hurr.jpg (7KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
ashi hurr.jpg
7KB, 160x160px
>>92622794
>You made a mess, samurai...
>>
>>92620084
if its anything like gravity falls all future threads about samurai jack will just devolve into people complaining ashi was shit and that genndy should have given more screentime to josephine clench
>>
File: 1476395591294.jpg (17KB, 372x290px) Image search: [Google]
1476395591294.jpg
17KB, 372x290px
>poorly paced
>Jack went back to the past because of an asspull of gigantic proportions
>Jack doesn't even really fight Aku, every else does though
>cheesy power of love garbage
>Ashi vanished later because of stupid reasons (AKA no reasons)
>Jack's father and mother are not old, proving that Genndy didn't even bother to watch the first fucking episode
>straight up ripped off TTGL

Futurefags are retards with no taste, the finale in papers is OK, but in execution is so fucking horrid I do not understand how could anyone like it. At least Ashi died and Jack went back so all the no-taste retards got BTFO.
>>
>>92622666
>He also lost all of his friends and his comrades, and many others who were inspired by his greatness to try and build a better future.
He also ensured that the nightmare world they came from would never come to be.
They even made it clear that all of his allies knew his goal was to unmake Aku's entire reign.

>And knowing how grimdark genndy tried making this ending, Jack will probably never move on and Just become old jack again. But now there will be no one to help him out of his depression.
Did you maybe not watch the final scene?
The one that makes it clear Jack still has hope for the future?
>>
>>92622732
>figure out how to pay

Given how many people are shitting fire over the ending, crowdfunding would probably handle it easily.

>Again did she vanish because time stuff? Or did she vanish because similar "The source of my evil half is gone so I gotta go poof" like ttgl?

EXPLAIN THIS GENNDY YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE
>>
>>92618209
I did. I wanted him to get back to the past. Though that said I expected him to kill aku in the future and in the past.

That way future people become free, and an alternate timeline happens when aku didn't take over at all.

And again, maybe ashi still disappears and its because Nia style reasons instead of time paradox reasons.
>>
>>92622809
Jack's parents were barely even acknowledged in the ending despite what happened to them being his biggest motivation to GET BACK TO THE PAST originally. I'm fucking mad.

>>92622853
>vaginas make me mad, I hate vaginas, reeee
>>
>>92622853
A big final fight between Jack and Aku wouldn't have much weight.

Jack's been capable of kicking his shit in since literally the beginning of the show.
>>
>>92622873
It's time stuff.
She said "without Aku, I would never have existed"
which is simply that her father was killed before he could provide a chalice of his dark nut.
>>
File: ashi simon sez.png (586KB, 1274x722px) Image search: [Google]
ashi simon sez.png
586KB, 1274x722px
>>92622598
Joking aside, I actually could see Ashi taking the lead, since she seems to be much more assertive and to the point than Jack. And she doesn't give a fig about propriety.
>>
>>92614828
Oh man, don't ask.
>>
>>92622925
>what is the graveyard fight

>>92622938
But then why doesn't Jack vanish as well? No Ashi, no portal back to the past.

>>92622945
Her personality fits it but she also has literally zero concept of sex at all. The sight of Jack's dick would probably confuse the living shit out of her.
>>
>>92622870
>He also ensured that the nightmare world they came from would never come to be.

They don't even exist anymore. You're looking way too deep into this; that whole scene showing the original intro was clearly fan service(good one I might add) and it was to rally all of Jack's friends to save him before he was killed. It had nothing to do with "Well if I save him, my friends and family will cease to exist better tell them that's whats gonna happen". And last time I checked wiping out entire civilizations from existing was the villans job.

>The one that makes it clear Jack still has hope for the future?

Yeah I also saw the episodes when Jack regained his hope and even found love, and look how that turned out.
>>
File: 1492670883169.jpg (260KB, 736x916px) Image search: [Google]
1492670883169.jpg
260KB, 736x916px
>>92622923
>pulling the gendercard already
pic
>>92622925
See: Birth of Evil episode 2

The Emperor vs Aku fight was amazing, good action, good art, good animation, everything was great, the fact that you think it couldn't been good just goes to show how little you cared about the original run, faggot.
>>
>>92622945

>I actually could see Ashi taking the lead,

Jack wouldn't be able to see her take the lead when she surprise blindfolds him
>>
>>92623004
So if Ashi was a dude and Jack sucked cock, you'd be totally cool with it?
>>
>>92622978
Eh, this shit is mostly instinctive. Hell, even kissing has a strong instinct tie. She might not know the actual mechanics, but then neither would Jack, so they'd be on equal footing there.
>>
>>92622978
>why doesn't jack disappear
Because Genndy cherrypicked when he wanted Time travel rules to have consequences and the extent of said consequences. This is why Ashi-fags are so butthurt, because it feels like it was written in last second as a sucker punch in the solar plexis as you were sighing in relief when she said "I'm okay, I felt him leave me."
>>
File: sjmad.png (280KB, 623x288px) Image search: [Google]
sjmad.png
280KB, 623x288px
>>92622503
This. Everyone wants it to be bittersweet, but it was actually just bitter.
>>
>>92623032
>Now let's get this robe off, samurai scum!
>Actually, it's a gi.
>>
>>92623036
>STILL pulling out the gendercard
Are you retarded? No, retard, I wouldn't be okay with it because
1) It was shitty, the writing, the pace went to shit, the ""development"", the romance and of course the plot devices. It was all bad in the first place and it doesn't have to do with Ashi having a vagina
2) Samurai Jack was never about romance, you are basically asking me
>uhhh would have you been okay with romance in the last season of Samurai Jack?
No, faggot, I wouldn't.
>>
Does anyone know the theme that played during the last few seconds of the episode?
>>
>>92622978

>The sight of Jack's dick would probably confuse the living shit out of her.

>Ashi sees Jack's boner
>"I don't get it. The other girls called it his sword, but it doesn't look like one. Maybe I should kiss it first?"

>Jack sees Ashi's vagina
>"V-very well then. No more time to hesitate. But, how am I to start? Maybe I should kiss it first?"

Then they accidentally headbutt when going in for the kiss
>>
>>92623051
They knew what they were doing when they kissed in episode 8. And I would bet money that she asked someone at the palace "any thoughts on what I could do to show Jack my love for him? It was fun and he seemed to like it when I rubbed faces with him!"
>>
>>92623051
>Jack and Ashi screw
>she gets pregnant
>he never tells about about pregnancy
>several weeks later she feels something kick and starts freaking the fuck out thinking Aku is trying to bust out of her or something
>>
>>92622503
>>92623071
What's grimdark about it? Jack just saved millions of people and you can tell he's happy nature is again after seeing everything Aku destroyed.

It's more sweet than bitter, if anything.
>>
>>92623124
>women frighten me: the post
Grow up.
>>
>>92614828
You fucks really need a damn sticky. Or at least have the decency to stick your whining at each other to one fucking thread.
>>
>>92622313
>hmm what should her final words be to her loved one gennedy
>ok how about this "oh no jack this is it i am disappearing right now currently you are watching me disappear this is because aku is no longer alive because you killed him somehow with your katana thats only supposed to seal him oh no there goes my arm ow without aku i am nothing goofy.... gooofy.. gooobers... yeaaaaahhhhh-"
>>
>>92623171
>FUCK SOMEONE IS SAYING SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE IN THIS THREAD?
>REEEEEE GOTTA MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE TOPIC THAT BENEFITS IN MY FAVOR
And so on.
>>
>>92623084

>Actually it's a gi

Canon
>>
>>92622714
>You want happy endings? Fuck you, life has no happy endings, the world doesn't care you exist, and it will fuck you into the dirt no matter how noble or hardworking you might be

You don't think we already know that shit?
I don't know about you but I watch cartoons as an escape so I don't have to feel or think about how shitty the real world is.

But if I am reminded of that even in my fav childhood cartoon might as well commit sudoku.
>>
>>92622598
yeah id imagine repeating the mantras of her dead siblings that jack slaughtered would be such a turn on
>>
>>92614828
we liked the comic ending faggot,is simple as that,no one gives a fuck about ashi death,no ones gives a fuck about ashi period,we just didn`t wanted jack to go back to the past
>>
File: 597120605_e61a4ec005.jpg (201KB, 493x500px) Image search: [Google]
597120605_e61a4ec005.jpg
201KB, 493x500px
>>92622598
God, imagine Jack trying to attempt dirty talk.

>"You...uh...wicked woman!"
>"Sorry, Ashi! Was that too mean!"
>>
>>92614828
The moment he killed Aku in the past was when the episode ended for me. That's all I wanted to see.
>You're back already?
I like that he expected him to return this whole time.
>>
>>92623258

>Leglocks Jack
>"Fool! You cannot escape my grip!"
>"A-Ashi, someone might hear!"
>>
File: never-forget-me-jack.gif (3MB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
never-forget-me-jack.gif
3MB, 700x500px
nevr 4git
>>
>>92623148
>saved the past of people by sacrificing his future
>even if Aku is gone his influence still fucked him up
>he can never enjoy the beauty of nature and victory with the only person he has loved, or will ever love
It's pretty tragic, desu. It's only sweet for people jack has saved but he basically got nothing out of it.
>>
>>92623320
>"a-ashi why are you calling me a lecherous snake again?"
>"this time it's a compliment!"
>>
File: it all comes tumbling down.gif (1000KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
it all comes tumbling down.gif
1000KB, 490x367px
>>92623230
We can share the pain, anon
>>
>>92623148
>saved millions of people
oh yeah he did that by sacrificing the billions that lived in future earth, including his waifu and best friend. Oh, and for what? a society that he barely fucking lived in.
>>
>>92623345
can someone edit this gif so it just stays on the blank pictures forever? please? no loop
>>
>>92617120
why did left girl disappear? did MC go back in time too?
>>
File: rf ashi lip ite.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
rf ashi lip ite.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>92622978
>The sight of Jack's dick would probably confuse the living shit out of her.

>"Is it supposed to look like that?"
>>
>>92623434
Nah, she was an antispiral.
>>
>>92623347
>I see what I want to see
stop being a retarded fanboy
>.00000001% of the people that were happy in Aku's reign ceased to exist so the remaining 99.9999999% didn't suffer
Jack is not a failure, he completed his mission.
>Jack
>troubled
He'll be fine, he has suffered enough and now he can relax and maybe even become the Emperor of Japan, maybe he'll get a new wife that isn't shit.
>muh person he loved
Jack knew her for like a week, they kissed once and that's it, Jack didn't really lost anything but time.
>>
File: 136616430892.jpg (472KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
136616430892.jpg
472KB, 900x900px
>>92623230
>>
>>92623171
oh sorry i didn't realize other shows from 12 year hiatuses just had their own (shitty) finale, let me apologize

just kidding fuck off faggot
>>
>>92621519
>>92621662
completely agree with your sentiments. It is baffling why Genndy had to make such an edgy bittersweet ending for the sake of being all artsy-fag. No, fuck you genndy. A happy ending is not inherently less poignant or satisfying than a sad ending. A happy ending is not necessarily cheesy and for children. Fuck this contrived bullshit.
>>
>>92623386
Are you retarded

Suffering Jack prevented > People that stopped existing

Don't be stupid, he didn't "sacrifice", he prevented.
>>
>>92623310
thats the thing that never was explored in this season, how aku is like the joker to jack's batman

the comics explore it a little better i think
>>
>>92622559
>And hey, he's still a young man (physically).

Thanks for reminding me that "time portals made me stop aging" bullshit that never got resolved. Is Jack inmortal now or what?

That would have been a better bittersweet ending:

-Ashi sends Jack back in time
-Jack finishes Aku and waits and builds up the world so that the in the future born Ashi can witness it, he waits and searches an eternity for her
-She founds her but alas, time aids has gotten her.
-She says goodbye being happy that he made it
-sad watcha plays
>>
Making this happen without introducing the moral delema to Jack is pointless. If they were going to go this route, Jack should have had to make a choice: save his past or his present. Also, there's a far more interesting potential moral delema in that Ashi would be the last surviving piece of Aku, making her also immortal, and always at risk of growing back into her father.

Instead, Jack just gets fucked for no reason other than coming out of his shell. If he made some kind of moral breach of character like Oedipus that leads to a cascade of events and a tragic end, that's one thing, but the closest choice to that he makes is choosing to spare Ashi in the first place. I guess I just don't understand what they were going for. There's no point to be made beyond an emotional gut punch.
>>
>>92623511
you're right he prevented the lives of all his good friends from ever existing just because he wanted to see mommy and daddy again, when he could've just seen them in the afterlife

meanwhile the people who he's prevented from being born dont get a life, nor an afterlife. good writing! what a hero!
>>
>>92623525
>Is Jack inmortal now or what?

Jack was always immortal because he wasn't "supposed" to be in the future, so time didn't notice him. He'll age now. They'll have to wait a bit to be reunited.
>>
>>92623461
we see a good portion of people living in relative peace during all 5 seasons of the show

all of jack's friends were living happy lives.
>>
You can't have anything whole and complete. You don't get an epilogue saying everything is okay. You don't get the heroic end with a happily ever after.

You get this.

His purpose is fulfilled.

Aku never took over the world. The journey of fifty years of constant battle is over. Aku had a minute of relief before he got killed. And if he'd not been getting off on a moment of cruelty and killed Jack himself, then he might have won.

It was never going to end in Aku's world because Aku's world never came to be. All because of Aku.
>>
File: never-forget-me-jack2.gif (3MB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
never-forget-me-jack2.gif
3MB, 700x500px
>>92623414
Anon who made the gif here.
here's an attempt to do so
>>
>>92623446
>Ashi has a flashback to the leech monster and immediately attacks Jack's dick

>>92623511
>everyone single person alive in the future + all their potential offspring > people who died under Aku's limited reign
>>
>>92614828
>Jack undoes the Aku future
>His decendents get nuked by murrica
>>
>>92623461
This post is just some random angry shitposting.

Have a (you) and fuck off.
>>
>>92623567
>you're right he prevented the lives of all his good friends
Yes, their suffering included.
> just because he wanted to see mommy and daddy again
And you know, because he needed to prevent the billions upon billions that have died and suffered under Aku's reign.
>meanwhile the people who he's prevented from being born don't get a life
I don't understand what's wrong about this, Jack was supposed to do that from the very beginning. Are you mad now Mr. Town rapist doesn't get to exist? Damn, what the fuck, Jack.
>>
File: 1480142365220.png (309KB, 504x398px) Image search: [Google]
1480142365220.png
309KB, 504x398px
>>92623461
>.00000001% of the people that were happy in Aku's reign ceased to exist so the remaining 99.9999999% didn't suffer

This is retarded logic. It's not like there won't be countless years of endless suffering in Jack's world either and even in the future there were more than 0.1% of people living in peace and surviving in Aku's future. That message is gone now because they don't exist anymore, no one is mad Jack went into the past, but there was many ways this could've been handled better.

>He'll be fine, he has suffered enough and now he can relax and maybe even become the Emperor of Japan, maybe he'll get a new wife that isn't shit.

Nice headcanon. But we get it, you hate ashi.

>Jack knew her for like a week, they kissed once and that's it, Jack didn't really lost anything but time.

Now you're just being retarded.

>stop being a retarded fanboy
Take your own advice
>>
File: you (2).png (502KB, 855x377px) Image search: [Google]
you (2).png
502KB, 855x377px
>>92623565
this post pretty much sums up what people think when they write "genndy is a fucking HACK"
>>
File: rf jack pissed.png (282KB, 451x417px) Image search: [Google]
rf jack pissed.png
282KB, 451x417px
>>92623623
Delete this.
>>
>>92623459
I got another question:

a what?
>>
>>92614828

If I wanted to watch Gurren Lagann, I would have just watched Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>92622809
Wow your ending is infinitely better than this shitshow of a finale we got. That's actually an excellent way to get that bittersweet ending and also wrap up Jack's quest and his internal psychological conflict by having his parents forgive him and allowing him to move on.
>>
>>92623565
>There's no point to be made beyond an emotional gut punch.

There is no point. That's why it feels shitty. Jack stayed true to the code and did what he needed to do, and he got shit on for it.

>>92623623
I appreciate the effort you put into this but you are a fucking monster for doing it in the first place.
>>
Would a Dark Tower Ending be satisfying enough?
>>
File: Well Fuck You.gif (977KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Well Fuck You.gif
977KB, 500x281px
>>92623632
>His decendents get nuked by murrica
I love how much people fixate on that shit. Let's forget all the people everyone killed with indiscriminate firebombing. Or conventional bombing. Nukes scary.
>>
>>92623595
Being corrupted like the Ravers, being overtaken like the archers, living an endless war of attrition like the Spartans, being encroached on like he Atlanteans, and generally being slaughtered by robots and monsters is not a happy life.
>>
>>92623635
(You)
>>92623649
So you think humanity's own suffering it's better than the evil reign of Aku?
>people living in peace
Yes like that one village that the space terrorist was going to destroy and make his, geez Jack, what about him?
>you hate Ashi
Correct, doesn't make my argument any less true.
>Now you are just being retarded
But it's true, Jack and Ashi barely knew each other, just because they glare at each other while walking around a dessert it doesn't mean they are "in love". If Genndy wanted people to care maybe he should learn to write first.
>>
you think they'll ever make another season? the creator not being interested has never stopped a network before
>>
File: ci09ah0uwaar-gj.png (30KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
ci09ah0uwaar-gj.png
30KB, 600x458px
>>92623698
I would've tried to fade it to the original message, but there wasn't any for the template available
>>
>>92623446
>>92622978

>Jack's mother attempts to give Ashi advice on what to do in the bedroom
>Jack's mother ends up blushing when Ashi talks about all the stuff she does
>>
>>92623567
They should have replaced the marriage ceremony with a final scene years into the future.
>Scotsman walking with some of his daughters by a statue
>one of his daughters runs up
>"Who are these people papa?"
>"Oh wee one, these two ar' the graet warrior's who defeated the great evil. One day you'll grow up to be a strong, little one just like 'them! But not as strong as you'r ol' paps!"
>they laugh and walk away
>pans up the statue of Ashi and Jack like the one the Archers made
>pans up to the sky, fades to black
>>
>>92623749
No. He seemed confident that no one would try to do anything but maybe a mid-quel.

You'd need to get Phil back on-board too.
>>
>>92623623
:(
>>
>>92623646
Let them cling to a world that never was ever going to exist except as a theoretical hellscape for the samurai to fight through to get back to the moment of the villain's death.
>>
>>92623628
> just because he wanted to see mommy and daddy again
That's a stupid argument though, if care about muh future offspring then I can pull out the same shit and say that Jack going to the past gives humanity even more time to create kids and build better civilizations because they aren't under Aku's reign.

No matter where you see it from Jack saved and prevented more than what he destroyed, the fact that he did it despite of how much he suffered and the fact that he is still able to be hopeful for the future speaks more than anything else Genndy could've done, literally the only thing the finale got right.
>>
>>92623748
>So you think humanity's own suffering it's better than the evil reign of Aku?

Try reading a history book.

>Correct, doesn't make my argument any less true.

What argument? you're just sperging

>But it's true, Jack and Ashi barely knew each other, just because they glare at each other while walking around a dessert it doesn't mean they are "in love". If Genndy wanted people to care maybe he should learn to write first.

They clearly spend more time together off screen, but I do agree with you 100% that Genndy should learn how to write more if he wanted people to care. I don't give a shit about Ashi, but her explaining to jack why she going to go poof was flat out retarded and served no purpose at all except to be "muh sadness".
>>
>>92623749
No. Show's done. No one's getting a do-over.

Symbiotic Titan hopefully gets a revival on AS.
>>
>>92623848
>Try reading a history book
Yeah I don't know if history applies to Jack, the Empire of Japan exist at the same time that Robin Hood. And either way I would prefer it to some asshole demon tree that sends your entire civilization to the bottom of the Ocean because.
>MUH OFFSCREEN DEVELOPMENT
Shut the fuck up already, this doesn't fucking count, many of the reasons people liked the original run was because it was show, don't tell. If they want a fucking relationship then do it right. Looking at each other, eating together and walking together doesn't mean you are in love with anyone, normal people do that all the fucking time.
>>
>>92623646
their suffering could have ended if Jack stayed though. you know, the heroic thing to do, since everyone who aku killed is in the afterlife anyway?

billions upon billions died literally because jack lost his first fight with aku. that ship should have sailed.

>mr town rapist doesnt get to exist
yeah because aku's world was just filled with rapists. everyone was a rapist. especially those dog characters, and the spartans, and the scots, etc etc etc.
>>
>>92623768
>Jack awkwardly trying to explain why his neck and back are scratched to hell and back to his dad one morning
>>
>>92623977
>you know, the heroic thing to do
Saving people from potential horrible future isn't heroic?
>>
>>92623679
a large...
>>
>>92623984

>"I understand son, you must have taken many blows in your quest. I will have a statue built of your scars commemorating your self-sacrifice."

>Ashi suggests she give him a backrub to feel better
>>
RIP Aku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UMhKEP7DcI
>>
>>92623745
those were little instances where jack intervened. afterwards all those people were living great, great lives.

its not like everywhere jack looked there was endless suffering in the series. society still existed, albeit dystopian, but functional, and would be considered "normal" to anyone living there.
>>
File: IMG_0980.png (314KB, 718x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0980.png
314KB, 718x540px
At least Jack's parents had their own happy ending.
>>
File: rf ashi sneer.png (83KB, 276x275px) Image search: [Google]
rf ashi sneer.png
83KB, 276x275px
>>92624053
>Just let me rub some ointment on those, Jack. Whereever did you get them?
>>
it was poorly realized
>aku never existed in the future
>ashi never existed
>which means jack never got sent back to the past
>>
File: 2017-05-22_22-08-06.png (39KB, 243x184px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-22_22-08-06.png
39KB, 243x184px
>>92623977
>lol they are dead anyway
'no'
>billions upon billions died literally because jack lost his first fight with aku. that ship should have sailed.
Yes, that's why he was trying to go back to the past instead of killing Aku in the future, to prevent.
>just because these people that live under shitty conditions like you know fucking war, death and slavery are good it means the future was worth keeping alive despite of people like pic related exist
WOW jack wtf don't you see the dogs that died mining for crystals don't matter because they are dead??? only the people after you showed up matterr!!!
>>
File: IMG_0979.png (982KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0979.png
982KB, 2048x1536px
>>92623345
>ASHI! I LOVE YOU!
That really tore me up.
>>
>>92624155

>Handmaidens being jealous, gossipy bitches
>>
>>92624198
>Ashi being the alpha bitch and staring them down when she finds out about them gossiping
>>
File: zila-ghaziabad-46_011313055020.jpg (29KB, 650x436px) Image search: [Google]
zila-ghaziabad-46_011313055020.jpg
29KB, 650x436px
>>92623623

Delete this.
>>
>>92623833
>jack saved and prevented more than what he destroyed

except thats not true at all, because afterlife is canon and those who were wiped dont even get to go to it.

people who died during aku's reign would have a shitty to mediocre or even peaceful life and then would just chill in the afterlife. people killed or were living in the future would have a shitty life plus they wouldn't get to enjoy the afterlife, plus they now dont get to exist.
>>
>>92614828
the ending was fine its just that the 10th episode should have just been split up into 2 episodes at the least.

episodes 1-3 are great and move at a fast pace
episodes 4 through the first half of 9 have 3 episodes of content at most with shitloads of filler and downright unnecessary plot points.
because of this episode 10 is rushed to shit and unsatisfying.

when you think back and realize how they literally spent more time inside the creature in episode 4 or the spaceship hunt/fight in episode 8 than BOTH aku fights, marriage, and epilogue combined you have to think that there was some sort of storyboard error along the way.

For example there didnt need to be 3 entire episodes dedicated to convincing aishi that jack was actually a good guy. These along with the spaceship episode where they decide that they love each other could have been shortened to 2 episodes without losing anything much of consequence. This could have given another episode to jack regaining his sword and another for the finale making the ending to the series feel much more fleshed out and would give the obvious reveal of aishi dying more of an emotional impact because how things stand now it happens so fast that you dont even have time to feel sad.
>>
File: goodbye-jack-2.gif (3MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye-jack-2.gif
3MB, 1400x1000px
>>92623670
>>92624284
but I did delete it.
her that is
>>
File: tumblr_oq5mnidpzE1tv8pe0o1_1280.png (476KB, 848x1148px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq5mnidpzE1tv8pe0o1_1280.png
476KB, 848x1148px
dont worry guys. We'll see more of Ashi when Zone finishes it
>>
>>92624295
I'm pretty sure Genndy forgot Heaven and souls are a thing in his own show
>>
>>92624368
>Someone eventually had to explain to Ashi that yes, she needs to wear underwear
>>
>>92624030
he had his chance to do it and he fucked it up, literally seeking out dumb plot devices to get a magic second chance at that is dumb and immature. a mature hero would fix the future that he made without sacrificing the lives of literally everyone in it.
>>92624180
>lol they are dead anyway
what
>Yes, that's why he was trying to go back to the past instead of killing Aku in the future, to prevent.
too late, you now are dealing with a new universe. sorry bub, you're the hero character, you don't get to decide now who's life is worth preserving just so you can live in peace.
>evil people exist so the universe should be wiped
OR since Jack could just destroy the root of all evil in the future and rebuild society since you know, hes immortal..
>>
>>92624392
>Why? It just gets in the way when Jack and I fool around!
>Jack scoots out of the room as fast as possible
>>
>>92623963
>this doesn't fucking count

Better deal with it.
Jack learned Ashi's name off screen, and Genndy is a fucking hack and doesn't know how to write a romance.

Take your own advice or learn to accept this fact
>>
>>92624392

>Underwear

She refers to it as "Jack's blindfold"
>>
>>92624421
>that he made
But he didn't make the future what?
>sacrificing the lives of literally everyone in it.
He hasn't killed anything stop crying because Genndy didn't read your fanfiction
>>
>>92624481
Explain why Ashi vanished then.
>>
>>92624421
>you don't get to decide now who's life is worth preserving just so you can live in peace.
Funny because he actually got to decide, huh. Also stop making this about Jack's selfishness, if anything going back is the selfless thing to do, giving away your friends and lover so everyone can live again.
>evil people exist so the universe should be wiped
Is not the same as
>Evil rules the world and it is not only encouraged but at the cost of innocent lives
>for thousands of years
>to entire civilizations and even planets
>>
File: IMG_0981.jpg (314KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0981.jpg
314KB, 1024x1448px
>>92624336
>>92624368
It still stings
>>
>>92624501
Because Aku died who has morph her DNA with his magic.
>>
>>92624501
Because she ceased to exist
Just because I masturbate it doesn't mean I killed any "potential" children, they were never meant to exist in the first place so they don't count.
>>
File: jack ashi tree.jpg (573KB, 1280x870px) Image search: [Google]
jack ashi tree.jpg
573KB, 1280x870px
>>92624514
They'll be reunited.
>>
>>92624514
>that pic
WHY
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 342x93px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 342x93px
>>92624514
>>
>>92624501
Because Genndy wanted to force a bittersweet ending.
>>
>>92624481
>he didnt make the future

no, but he failed to stop aku, he lost the fight. its his fault for underestimating aku. its his fault the future is where it was.

>he hasnt killed anything

prove it.
>>
Me and Jack finally have something in common, that our waifus don't exist anywhere in our respective universes
>>
>>92624527
why didnt she die right away then
>>
>>92623698
I entirely agree. We feel wholly dissatisfied because Jack, thru no fault of his own and for entirely noble reasons, went through decades of suffering. He did so for the benefit of OTHERS. And what has he got to show for it? Just maintaining the status quo of pre-Aku!

Genndy are you shitting me you ass. There is no good reason to shaft Jack like this all for your cheap "bittersweet" ending.
>>
>>92624588
Anon you blaming the guy who tried to stop it instead of the entity who trick him. By going back into the past he is fixing his mistake.
>>
File: 1467854300571.gif (1MB, 270x180px) Image search: [Google]
1467854300571.gif
1MB, 270x180px
>>92624544
>>92624514
>>92624368
>>92624336
delicious tears
>>
>>92624619
>>92624619
It's like medicine, she needed constant does of Aku's magic because her own is to weak to sustain itself
>>
>>92624647
Hell, he and Ashi both did everything they did for other people.
>>
>>92624507
> if anything going back is the selfless thing to do, giving away your friends and lover so everyone can live again.
>evil people exist so the universe should be wiped so everyone can live again

nobody is going to live again except jack's people and jack himself. everyone who hes met is not going to live again.

>he actually got to decide

This makes Jack a character with a god complex, not a hero character.

>Evil rules the world and it is not only encouraged but at the cost of innocent lives

We clearly see tons of innocents living during this time throughout the entire series. Oftentimes they fight and suffer against Aku with Jack but only Jack gets the happy ending (minus waifu)
>>
>>92624668
You know the writing is shit when you have people trying to make up shit to explain why things happen when the creator is too incompetent to write these things himself.
>>
>>92624649
he is fixing a mistake for his own people, at the costs of the lives of billions, who won't even be given an afterlife.

selfish.
>>
>>92624736
He is giving people who died prematurely by Aku's hand a chance to live their lives peacefully.

Heroic.
>>
>>92624725
It's pretty obvious it didn't need to be said.
>>
>>92624259

Bet she's into public exhibition
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>Do you think there will be a reception?
>>
File: harvey-birdman.jpg (95KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
harvey-birdman.jpg
95KB, 1024x768px
You Samurai Jack fags have no idea what true suffering is
>>
>>92624768
The people who died prematurely are just chilling in the afterlife.

The people who were erased don't even get that. Meaning that they would have suffered, and then just not existed. Meaning that their sacrifice would be GREATER than the ultimate sacrifice of death.

That's heroism.
What Jack did was selfishness. He turned everyone's lives into a magic eraser just so he could see his people again.
>>
File: megasxlrbutton.jpg (69KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
megasxlrbutton.jpg
69KB, 350x263px
All the lives Jack has saved an influences, inspired and helped blossum
The friendship he has made and enemies he has defeated
Fuck all of that, none of that happened. Everyone's lives is a lie and has been completely erased.
Unless you believe in some multi-timeline.. In which case everyone of Jack's friends simply die at the hand of Aku and now there is no hope for anyone. No Jack, no sword, no one to stand up to Aku..
Oh, but regardless, Ashii dies at the alter because plot.

Jack didn't even fight the Aku that has been haunting and tormenting him for half a century, they just in a Deus Ex time portal and bail on everything and then Jack just throws a few slashes at the Aku who barely knows who he is and doesn't even fight back.. and somehow this time he is destroyed forever.

This sure as hell wasn't the climax I wanted.
No proper fight. All the characters we've gotten to know over the years just get slaughtered or erased and Jack doesn't even get a happy ending.
Shitty, unsatisfying, rushed ending.
There are countless ways they could have made it better
>>
File: 1489193546315.jpg (84KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
1489193546315.jpg
84KB, 441x441px
>>92624784
>It's pretty obvious it didn't need to be said.

Is that why Genndy thought it was need for Ashi for her final words to explain why she's disappearing?

Come on Anon.
>>
File: 14929422621182.jpg (17KB, 432x408px) Image search: [Google]
14929422621182.jpg
17KB, 432x408px
>>92617120
lol as soon as the wedding scene started i was thinking awww shiiiiet they gonna gurren lagann this bitch.
>>
>>92624692
>everyone who hes met is not going to live again
Correct, this is a good thing because it means all the people that he didn't met and suffered are not living again either, nice save, Jacko.
>god complex
Perhaps, but that's not necessarily a good thing, he's a merciful god, if you will.
>We clearly see tons of innocents living during this time throughout the entire series
Minority, correct. Also you are missing the fact that they suffer, not just live.
>>
File: 1341993142074.png (129KB, 409x308px) Image search: [Google]
1341993142074.png
129KB, 409x308px
>>92624544
>>92624514
>>92624368
>>92624336
Poor shipperfags.
>>
>>92624832

Jack isn't the one who opened a time portal back to the past, and several times in the old seasons, he gave up his chance to go back to help someone else who needed him. Jack might believe in split timelines for all we fucking know

Watch the fucking show
>>
File: 1491507101676.jpg (82KB, 525x567px) Image search: [Google]
1491507101676.jpg
82KB, 525x567px
>>92624833
This. 100%
>>
>>92624833
>>92624885
>watch show about a character trying to go back to prevent evil
>literally says it every episode in the intro
>get mad when he goes back and all the implications such an action mean

You deserve being mad for being so stupid.
>>
>>92624867
suffering is fine if theres an afterlife. really who cares? and many of the people in aku's world are living in peace, including literally everyone who jack has saved.
>>92624880
True, Ashi is the one that dragged him into the past, but Jack really doesn't struggle or give a fuck.

In fact its almost cathartic when Ashi dies because he actually thinks of the consequences of his quest for once in the entire damn show.

If Jack believed in split timelines he would've made sure Aku was dead in the future instead of bailing like a bitch.
>>
>>92624919
You're a god damn retard if you think anyone is actually mad he went back into the past.
>>
>>92624919
>you are stupid for expecting a character to stop being a fool and go through a worthwhile character arc
>>
>>92624939

>True, Ashi is the one that dragged him into the past-

>If Jack believed in split timelines he would've made sure Aku was dead in the future instead of bailing like a bitch.

>>True, Ashi is the one that dragged him into the past-

Nigga
>>
>>92624971
Jack knew that he was being dragged into the past tho. It's happened to him before, and if he really cared at all about his friends he would've stopped it from happening.
>>
>>92624956
>>92624966
>and the implications such an action mean

It would take being retarded to not know "going back = no future", Jack's friends were always supposed to stop existing and even he knew that.
>>
>>92624966
Why did you assume at any point in the series that Jack ever stop believing in going back to the past. Especially now that he was immortal it's more important for him more than ever because he had no future.
>>
>>92625009
then why was he surprised at losing ashi?
>>
>>92625009
>jacks friends were always supposed to stop existing and he knew that

yeah thats why the scotsman still feels attachment to his daughters instead of existentialism, and even offers one of them for jack to marry

yeah jack totally knew they were supposed to stop existing, thats why he was shocked when ashi was erased

ease off the retardation, nobody in the series understood the implications of this shit because they were poorly written.
>>
>>92625036
Because Genndy is a shit writter and he needed to rip off TTGL before finishing the series, even if that meant having a nonsensical ending.
>>
>>92624919
We're mad because Genndy used an asspull to force Jack back into the past when there's no portal remaining. Let's be honest it was a deus ex for Ashi to instantly know how to use a portal. Pretty much everything leading up to the bullshit ending was forced by Genndy to achieve that euphoric "bittersweet" ending. Fuck this.
>>
File: Jack's Friends.webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Jack's Friends.webm
3MB, 512x384px
>>92624833
That's the worst part. Jack had no reverence for leaving the future and the audience was supposed to be gleeful seeing him only share gleeful glare with Ashi in the time portal.

>>92624919
Do you lack reading comprehension, or are you just one of those people who ignores the dislike for how the conclusion was handled and not what it actually was.
>>
>>92625024
because the new series claimed to subvert the old series, and jack has now spent way more time in the future than he ever did in the past. its literally impossible for him not to feel any attachment- well its possible, but only through bad writing.
>>
>>92625059
>>92625065
Don't get me wrong, I think the Ashi thing was an asspull, I just don't think Jack made a mistake by going back to the past. In a perfect world the Guardian didn't die, but even then the act of going back to the past remains a noble and self-sacrificing thing to do.
>>
>>92622094
i actually remembered that right away and was questioning it,

His mother was old as fuck and gave him the sword once his training was done, his father was a mess from being a hard working slave literally ready to die any moment.

Lets not forget the ENTIRE TOWN AND PEOPLE IN IT WHERE DESTROYED BY AKU ,sure some prob survived but you cant be a king or whatever without anyone to back you up and then suddenly he has all these servants and health back when their family prob had nothing after the Aku attack. Silly end.
>>
File: 1492965727626.png (261KB, 622x534px) Image search: [Google]
1492965727626.png
261KB, 622x534px
>>92625009
>Jack's friends were always supposed to stop existing and even he knew that.

There was absolutely 0 implication of this. stop trying to defend this garbage writing, holy shit it pathetic. Jack would not take the life of an innocent and has even passed on the opportunity to go back to the past to help his friends in the future. Are you so idiotic to believe jack would go back to the past if he knew it would completely wipe everyone he knew away from existence?
>>
>>92625009
>even he knew that
So that's why he always held needs of others above his quest!
Or I guess he simply forgot about it, just like the writers did.
>>
File: 1495222283445.png (78KB, 416x163px) Image search: [Google]
1495222283445.png
78KB, 416x163px
>>92624544
Jack is gonna die someday, yeah, but she didn't die. She just, what, erased? Got undid?

No death. No peaceful afterlife. No reunion.
>>
>>92625088
>jack has now spent way more time in the future
By being fucking miserable. You don't people don't seem to realize how long he has been on his journey and how few the time he spent with the victims are.
>>
>>92625140
>preventing existence = taking away lives

Man I love this meme
>>
>>92625065
Jack doesn't seem to understand that erasing Aku might erase everyone.

I still think it won't. Ashi is the only one who absolutely can't exist, since Aku is dead, but if we go by Genndy's other foray into a 'fix the future' ending with Ego Trip, it seems likely that all the future peoples were still born and lived, but happier lives.

And millions or billions of others did not suffer, slave, and die for the amusement of a tree ogre.
>>
Why was we cheated from a proper satisfying final battle between the Aku of the Future VS Jack and Ashi and all his friends who came to his aid?

Jack has already been able to beat Aku in both the past and future to a point where he just needed to land the final blow. So why not do it here. It would be the best shot he'd ever have and it would be so satisfying to see him finally kill Aku in front of everyone we've known thoughout the series.

Jack didn't even "fight" The Aku of his own time. He just delivered a few strikes like it was nothing and then boom.

And don't give me the excuse that they didn't have time and had to rush it.
They've wasted SO much time this season with stuff that really wasn't that important to the plot. They could have easily gotten to the big Aku fight in like episode 7 or so.
But nope, out of those 3+ hours of airtime, lets just use it for filler and then wrap things up in the last 5 minutes.
>>
>>92625165
you're right, wiping existence is even worse than taking away a life.
>>
>>92625140
>>92625154
Also how the fuck are you implying he didn't know that, why the fuck would he want to go to the past but to PREVENT Aku and his future?
>>
>>92625155
Nah, Ashi's soul is a product of the gods, not Aku or her mother. Souls don't get made at birth, they're incarnated, live, die, and are reincarnated. This is an eastern flavor divine bureaucracy, you gotta remember.

Ashi was never born, but her soul still existed, because Aku never had anything to do with that part of her.

Maybe she won't remember Jack, but with the yin-yang and ladybug motifs, it seems to be pretty clear they're bound by fate.
>>
>>92625164
hes fucking miserable because hes tortured by the ghosts of his past. the past is a haunting shithole, both in fiction and in real life. it would be a more mature turn to look towards the present and the future instead of trying to fix your past mistakes by using magic plot devices.
>>
>>92614828
/co/ likes comics

/co/ doesn't like endings
>>
>>92625164
Yeah. Ashi even asks him about it, and he says he thinks about the past every day. You can see how much it hurts her to see that that pain is still fresh for Jack.
>>
>>92625140
If that was the case why did he go and help those two monks that helped him up to a time portal instead of just using it. If he knew everyone would be erased, why the hell would he give to fucks about them about to die. They would have been written out of existance before they had a chance to die.
Along with their kids, ancestors. Everyone. A fate much worse than death
>>
>>92625238
He then told her the NEXT day that he doesn't want her to become just a memory.
>>
>>92625140
>no scene where the sam-hoo-rai redeems himself, donning his sword in the final battle

why the fuck would they give him an entire episode segment if he wasn't going to come back

jesus christ everything about this series was fucking wrong. i feel like patchy the pirate after he watches the lost spongebob episode of a fancy walkcycle.
>>
>>92625165
>preventing existence = taking away lives
Yes Anon, they did exist, It's not like "jerking off and killing potential children" meme response. Jack has memory of his adventures and friends he forged throughout the years he spent in the future.

And because of the way it was written , they now cease to exist, which is even worse.

>>92625206
Just because you think he knew that, doesn't mean he did. Again there's zero implication he knew how time travel works. This is further proven when he was shocked ashi went "poof" This all comes to the fact, Genndy is a fucking hack and doesn't even know how his own story works.
>>
>>92625176
Eh, it's already a stretch to make Aku more danerous for proper fight between him and Jack. Everyone together vs Aku should be a stomp. I think that Double Aku would be the best choice to make Aku real threat for finale.
>>92625206
Because there were several episodes where goes to save somebody instead of finishing his quest? And if he knew that all of this would be prevented, why would he not go for portal and save people from their existence then?
>>
>>92625259
I guess she prioritized Jack's quest and home over her own life.
>>
>>92624833
this is spot on how i feel completely.

I still feel there was a way to have kept her alive seeing as she was part Aku and she could been considered the last remnant of Aku which allowed her to remain in the timeline.
>>
>>92617120
>emulates gurren lagann ending
>fails to have the same impact
>forget to have ashi finish the fucking marriage

This could have been done so much better.
>>
File: comic rick jack.jpg (569KB, 636x3612px) Image search: [Google]
comic rick jack.jpg
569KB, 636x3612px
>>92625334
>>
>>92625294
I would have taken that over what we got any day too.
Another thing. When exactly did the future get erased then?...
I mean.. Aku was clearly still there, realizing and reacting to what had just happened.. Shouldn't the entire reality around him have disappeared the moment the portal closed?
>>
>>92623679
Anti-spirals are an alien race that (somewhat implied to be earth, far in the future) that was essentially dedicated to trapping and subjugating the universe in stasis so as to prevent entropy.

When they get their asses beat their creation, the girl on the left, is doomed to die as shes' an extension of them, but across the course of the series she manages to become enough of a real person to hold on through her wedding.
>>
>>92625334
Yes yes yes!
>>
The whole Jashi thing was stupid and forced, there should of never been a romance between them and would of just been better if she died as well when Jack dropped her off the cliff.
>>
>>92625371
based
>>
>>92623894
I hope the Symbionic Titan final season rips off Gunbuster.
>>
>>92625371
>>92625405
what was it?
>>
File: 233.gif (2MB, 490x377px) Image search: [Google]
233.gif
2MB, 490x377px
>>92625371
well if anything Aku's the one with the most 4th wall awareness
>You know what's gonna happen
>You'll swing your sword I'll fly away and say something like:
>"I'LL BE BACK, SAMURAI"
>And then I'll flutter over the horizon and then we won't see each other for about a week
>and then we'll do the same thing over again
>>
>>92625294
>>92625293
You are not giving me any arguments so let's try an example

Say the Guardian let's Jack use the time portal, please tell me why does Jack would want to use the time portal, what's the reasoning behind using it?
>>
>>92623894
if its like this season I'm gonna say no thanks
>>
>>92625371
This!
I'll just accept this as the new canon. Still didn't like the ending but this is the very least they could have done.
>>
>>92625336
Either
>Ashi immediately disappears when Aku is defeated
or
>Ashi disappears right after they kiss and get married
would have worked perfectly.
I can't fathom how they messed this up. Is there some deeper meaning for this that I'm not seeing?
>>
File: symbionictitan.png (205KB, 728x738px) Image search: [Google]
symbionictitan.png
205KB, 728x738px
>>92623894
>>92625444
sorry to break it to you guys
>>
>>92625490
>is there some deeper meaning

well you got to ask yourself, is genndy a hack? if the answer is yes, which it is, there you go.
>>
>>92625490
if im being honest if i didnt know that was the finale i wouldve thought it was one big dream sequence
>>
>>92625381
Apparently in the SJ universe time ripples take as long as they need to in order to be as melodramatic as possible.
>>
narratively what was the purpose of the "50 years have passed"? aku's world seemed exactly the same, not better nor worse. and all of jack's acquaintances were alive, even that dog. he didn't even got to keep the beard.
>>
File: jackendj.jpg (848KB, 1553x3831px) Image search: [Google]
jackendj.jpg
848KB, 1553x3831px
>>92625371
And since I'm posting that, I'll also post the epilogue /co/ came up with in the rolling sticky. This ones rolls a bit darker.
>>
Better ending would be Ashi turning into Aku after the kiss. FOOLISH SAMURAI
>>
>>92625520
I know. I was joking.
>>
>>92625458
>You are not giving me any arguments so let's try an example

This is exactly what you're doing though. Where's you're argument? You're quick in trying to fill in blanks for genndy when its obvious the writing is complete shit.

You don't seem to get it, This whole season was written for two things : Ashi and a forced bittersweet ending. Guardian? hand-waved away, along with every single portal in existence and anything else that would get in the way of ashi screentime.

I don't get how you people can even stomach this garbage writing when Ashi had more fight time than Jack against Aku and was even using his powers thanks to the "power of love."

Get the fuck outta here
>>
>>92625561
>dream sequence
When it zoomed in on Jacks teary eyes I was hoping it would cut back to right before they went back and Jack would change it.
>>
>>92625381
The only evidence of future being erased is Ashi dying, and that one is real quality writing. Everything about future just got fucked so hard. If timeline is retconned, there weren't any people. If timeline is alternative, everyone is thouroughly fucked by Aku who has noone to stop him. The only good outcomes are BttF-style, but even that is hard to believe, since we're talking about 2000 years instead of 30 years and reincarnation. Pick your [s]fanfiction[/s] poison.
>>
>>92625572
To give a valid reason why Jack had given into despair and mentally degenerated.
>>
>>92625572
because it was a neat little subversion where jack would have to deal with the depression of not being able to kill aku that entire time while being haunted by his past

part of the reason season 5's first few episodes were so good was because they were based around that, then there are no more subversions, just more goofy weightless oldschool samurai jack episodes and a disappointing finale.
>>
>>92625572
If you know enough about tropes then you would've known Jack was never going to keep the beard.

It amazes me that people were expecting this show to do something new.
>>
>>92625620
>but even that is hard to believe, since we're talking about 2000 years instead of 30 years and reincarnation. Pick your [s]fanfiction[/s] poison.

I mean, Genndy did that before in Ego Trip.
>>
>>92625600
>Statement: Jack knew going back to the past to prevent Aku would undo the future (including the people he knew)
>Counter-argument: You are retarded and the reason behind is because he actually knew
>Counter-argument: Can you explain why would Jack want to go back to the past? I do believe the answer to the debate lies in that question
>WUURUAIROIWO FUCKING ASHIFAG

(You)
>>
>>92625606
ashi's death was so surreal, and seeing how everyone was back to normal including japan and jacks old and withered parents, i thought it was a fever dream at first.

but nope!
>>
>>92623681
you should have used that image of willie
>>
I think this has once again proved to us that we can't trust the creators to their own work.

It's not always easy to wrap things up but in this case, how hard could it have been?

-Get everyone we know together for a big fight
-Defeat Aku in big climatic fight with Aku really getting his ass kicked. let us see the desperation in his eyes as he realize that this is it. he has lost.
-Let the timeline be, regardless of Jack going back. At least it's Aku free and all his friends will still be there for a brighter future
-Defeat Aku in the past and let Jack have his happy end

Besides all the characters showing up in the finale, the ending failed on pretty much every other point.
>>
>>92625371
I accept this.
>>
>>92617448
Stop posting this shit, faggot
>>
>>92625721
2.5/4 ain't bad
>>
File: 1493006701258.png (515KB, 676x557px) Image search: [Google]
1493006701258.png
515KB, 676x557px
>>92625704
>Statement: Jack knew going back to the past to prevent Aku would undo the future (including the people he knew)

Show me proof Jack knew how time travel worked and knew going back will wipe the existence of all his friends, when he passed on the opportunity to go back to help his friends in the future, and the fact he was surprised Ashi disappeared.

Provide actual proof and not your headcanon.

Otherwise I'll take your silence that you admit you are a stupid retard.
>>
>>92614828
I just wanted to protect his smile OP.
Like she tried to...
>>
File: 1474173223656.png (514KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
1474173223656.png
514KB, 532x582px
>>92624802
>>
>>92625458
What argument? For what? For the fact that Jack did not know how time travel works? The monks episode is the easy one. He has portal in front of him, but two monks will die in this future. He goes back to save them, so he clearly cares about people in future.
>>
File: samjackfinale.png (339KB, 496x311px) Image search: [Google]
samjackfinale.png
339KB, 496x311px
>>92625265
>thats it? thats the final episode? IT WAS JUST A BUNCH OF STUPID PLOT CONTRIVANCES
>what a ripoff
>GENNDY HAS BETRAYED US
>>
File: Ashi_waiting_Jack.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi_waiting_Jack.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92625716
I wish it was just a fever dream.
I miss her, anon
>>
>>92625792
2.5/40?
Everyone got together to fight yes. that's 1
They also all died

No climatic fight with either future or past Aku
The future timeline and everyone we know were erased
Jack didn't get his happy end

calling it a 0.5/4 might be more appropritate
>>
>>92625721
>go back in time with ashi
>about to strike final blow
>third time portal opens with a punished jack
>deflects his sword then old jack proceeds to try and kill ashi
>cut to outro
>>
File: 1315094546631.png (68KB, 220x210px) Image search: [Google]
1315094546631.png
68KB, 220x210px
So let me get this straight.....
>Samurai Jack was about a lone Samurai who wandered the earth, looking for a method to not only kill his arch-nemesis, but to travel to the past to undo his evil
>With the exception of a few episodes and re-occurring characters, every episode is non-continuous (can't remember the term)

>Years later
>They inexplicably do a time skip
>Episodes are now continuous
>They force a re-occurring character and love interest
>To try and force a bitter-sweet ending
She should have been introduced earlier in the show, rather than at the literal last season

Also, did they ever reveal Jack's name?
>>
>>92625864
"genndy" has same syllables as spongebob, the "has" was unnecessary.
>>
>>92625721
>I think this has once again proved to us that we can't trust the creators to their own work.
This ending wasn't their work. This was the work Hiroyuki Imaishi, and Kazuki Nakashima.
>>
>>92625807
My proof is that Jack going back to the past to defeat Aku and him thinking the future is going to remain unchanged is the stupidest fucking thing I can think of.

Like, how do you even begin to understand such a retarded mindset
>FUCK now I'm in the future, I must go back to the past
>BUT I know going back really doesn't change anything in the future
>I'm still going to search though

I will ask you again, what possible fucking reason would Jack have to search a time portal but to prevent Aku? Have you never watched the intro or what? "UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU", is that not clear enough for your retarded little brain?
>>
>>92614828
People do not like the realization that, no matter how many years Jack spent in the future, he ALWAYS saw himself as a tourist. Even when he used technology. Even when he saved people, which he started to see as more of a burden. He always hated this "aku infested land", and he never gave up on going home, even when all the portals were gone, he kept hoping. Fans tended to just brush his dreams aside, never taking his want to go back to the past seriously. Because they enjoyed the future more, but Jack didn't. Hell, even if Jack didn't have Ashi, he still would have said no to the Scotsman's offer, because why find love when you will eventually leave the future? I'm surprised it never got to anybody just how little Jack cared about the future, never really connecting to it. Jack really only saw the future like a adult would see a child's building block city that he made, as something someone else made, and not part of the real world. Jack doesn't like to see people suffer, but deep down he knows that with all the suffering from Aku over the years, there's tons he couldn't have prevented. He probably walked around imagining Aku just torturing people day in and day out for years, and got used to the idea that the people that live here are used to torture, and his helping won't change anything over all. Sure, they came to help, but Jack still would have seen himself as a failure. When weighting his own family and friends, with centuries worth of people, against the remains of a desolate future, Jack would choose the option with more people every time. Jack always wanted a bland and boring life, and fans didn't.
>>
>>92625885
>Also, did they ever reveal Jack's name?
No.
>>
>>92622671
Nah, he's correct. Showing them in school completely ruined the tone.
>>
>>92625885
I'm assuming it was either Hiro, or something like Masamune.
Because that's the level of writing this show ended up having.
>>
File: 1486314175424.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1486314175424.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>>92624802
>>
>>92625655
Mind expanding on that? Out of interest.
>>92625902 ->>92625858
>>
>>92625898
What.. The creator couldn't be bothered. I thought he said on multiple occasions that he wanted to wrap up the story??
>>
>>92625902
in the end through his hubris he becomes the ultimate evil by undoing the lives of those who struggled under aku wishing for the chance to be free.

that ladybug flying away at the end wasnt symbolizing ashi, but every person he help along the way. if they kept with the sad ending he wouldve crushed the fucking thing
>>
>>92625902
if he wanted to undo everyones lives so bad why didn't he go into the countless time portals presented to him
>>
>>92625926
I mean I think it shaked things up a bit for the better, that one episode where they create a plane on the roof to escape school is great
>>
>>92625704
Chill out HK-47
>>
>>92625873
>Get everyone together (1)
>Defeat Aku in the past (.5)
>fight Aku in the present and we see his desperation in his eyes when they go back to the past (.5)
Maybe more of a 2/4
>>
>>92625902
Not that anon but there is evidence supporting the fact that he doesn't fully grasp the consequences of his actions given right in the finale.

The narration you're quoting is Aku's. Not Jack's There's no real reason to believe he's privvy to that other than you calling people retarded.
>>
>>92625983
Because it was an episodic show.
>>
>>92625966
Ego Trip was the Dexter's Lab film, in it Dexter undoes some Mandark faggotry by teaming up with future versions of himself. Ultimately the future resembles the "dark" timeline, just everyone is happier and none of the bad ship happens.
>>
>>92626012
So then you are agreeing that Jack mindset makes no sense? There's no way he's searching for time portals and him not knowing what going back is going to do. And if so I am all ears.
>>
>>92626014
so bad writing
gotcha
>>
File: 1490656842501.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
1490656842501.png
326KB, 903x713px
>>92625902
>Doesn't actually provide proof Jack knew how time travel worked and the fact all the friends he made in the future would cease to exist, when he clearly cares about them
>Goes off in a autistic fit of rage because no one cares about his head canon

Pathetic.
>>
>>92625968
Google those names. Or don't. I'll just explain the joke. I'm saying that Gennedy didn't put any work in and just covered anime.
>>
>>92617272
>"Aagagagagaga"
Died.
>>
>>92614828
>People don't get that Ashi was the representation of all the good he did in the Aku future.
>While his struggles ultimately didn't happen like his new life with Ashi they weren't futile as shown by the last scene.
>>
File: 1490473340662.jpg (32KB, 244x295px) Image search: [Google]
1490473340662.jpg
32KB, 244x295px
>>92626053
>claim Jack knew the implications of his actions because then his actions make no sense
>prove it
>well my proof is that his actions would make no sense
>lol no argument
>>
>>92625371
That's not Ashi, her profile is supposed to look like a baboon.
>>
>>92625993
Okay, I think you are reading to much into the words and not what I actually try to communicate. But yes, you would be correct then.

However, 2 seconds of Aku just saying "Oh No" isn't the same as him being beaten to a pulp, surrounded and overpowered by the people he have oppressed for thousands of years, knowing it's all comming to an end here and now before Jack finally deliver that final blow.

Having everyone coming together was definitely a welcome and cool idea, but seeing them all die and not really win.. not so much

And yes. Aku was beaten in the past, but that Aku had only known Jack for like 5-10 minutes. They had no history together, and they didn't even really fight at all.
>>
>>92626050
I never said it was good though
>>
>>92626045
Jack's mindset makes sense if we assume him to be an imperfect being so dedicated to his mission that he hasn't really thought about what happens after he completes it.

That's the way he can search for time portals and not think about that actually changing the timeline means.

Not to mention, the guy's from what, Japan circa 1600 at the latest? Why are you assuming him to have an encyclopedic knowledge of temporal mechanics?

In short, you've forgotten to account for human error and stupidity.
>>
>>92626030
well what happens is that Dexter goes to the future to find out who sent a bunch of assassin robots to kill him. while searching he finds out that he saves the future from mandark trying to takes over the world with some sciency whogivesafuck that dexter built.
long story short it was actually Dee Dee who saved the world and all four dexters get so pissed they create assassins to go back to the past to try and kill "the savior of the future"
honestly the more I think about it, the Dexter movie did a better job at conveying time travel than Samurai Jack
>>
File: comic ashi gi.jpg (628KB, 1080x3612px) Image search: [Google]
comic ashi gi.jpg
628KB, 1080x3612px
>>92622598
>>
>>92626153
The Dexter movie was actually pretty dark and epic. It just kinda sucked that they ended in such a lazy way
>>
Do anyone have that mass effect 3 ending edit with 3 colored time portals? I want to feel enraged again.
>>
>>92626045
Still waiting for proof from that time someone explain to Jack how time travel works and what happens if Aku is defeated in the past.

No one cares about your assumptions.
>>
>>92626228
Samurai Jack was worse.. They had 10 years to come up with a good ending. I had 10 minutes and did a better job.
>>
>>92626153
From that standpoint, what story has the best time travel mechanics?

I kinda like Dragonball Z's mechanics where they're pretty much like.....
>Fuck it, you created an alternate timeline--the future you know will forever be fucked.

Bioshock's wasn't terrible, if not a bit ham-fisted
>>
>>92626145
Again, that makes no sense. Jack's mission is "defeat Aku", and the moment he gets sent to the future his mission changes to "find a time portal and defeat Aku in the past", if we are to assume Jack is ignorant about what going to the past is going to do then we are also agreeing that Jack's mission would be to kill Aku in the future because then going back to the past has no use if it's not going to prevent anything.

Jack has to know what killing Aku in the past is going to do, otherwise his search for a time portal makes no sense.
>>92626246
You are literally assuming Jack doesn't know about the consequences of going back to the past for no reason, except that Jack not knowing makes no sense.
>>
>>92626272
>I had 10 minutes and did a better job.
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>92626045
>So then you are agreeing that Jack mindset makes no sense?
Why does it have to? People and life are nonsensical. Badly written reflections of life that rely on cliche doubly so.
>>
>>92626153
>>92626200
Personally, I loved the ending.
>Dee Dee saves the world
>Four Dexters get pissed
>use their anger to create robot assassins
>send them back in time to kill Dee Dee
>all return to their own times
>Dexter returns in time to see himself fighting assassin-bots
>realizes the temporal irony of the situation
>shrugs it off and goes to get breakfast
>Dee Dee sits at the table
>Dexter sneers and walks away

Kino.
>>
>>92626294
>You are literally assuming Jack doesn't know about the consequences of going back to the past for no reason,
>for no reason
If he knows that changing the past means changing the future, why is he surprised Ashi disappears? That makes even less sense.
>>
>>92626304
From what I can tell from the majority of this thread, most people agree in what they wanted to see and how disappointed they were with what we got.
>>
File: plinkett.jpg (484KB, 1039x792px) Image search: [Google]
plinkett.jpg
484KB, 1039x792px
Samurai Jack Season 5 was the most disappointing thing since my son.
>>
File: samuraijackending.jpg (165KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
samuraijackending.jpg
165KB, 1200x675px
>>92626228
>tfw made it but forgot what filename it was
I'm just glad someone requested my shitty edit
>>
>>92614828
>SJ finale
>excellent

I want what your smoking
>>
File: 1493335598065.jpg (39KB, 566x740px) Image search: [Google]
1493335598065.jpg
39KB, 566x740px
>>92626294
>>92626294
>muh assumptions

You're the only one making assumptions here.

If jack knew the consequences of going back in the past why was he surprised when Ashi vanished? And please use that timy pea-brain of yours and provide some sort of proof jack knew this was going to happen instead of sperging "WELL HOW CAN JACK NOT OF KNOWN" because that, is making assumptions.
>>
>>92626346
Because Genndy is a hack, and wanted to make a shitty "sad" ending. Just because the writing in the ending was absolute garbage it doesn't mean the rest, non-retarded story is invalidated.
>>
>>92626346

>why is he surprised Ashi disappears?

Because she was standing right there, bruh. He changed the past, he changed the future, and she was still standing right there. And then, at some unspecified later date, she suddenly wasn't. I'm confused. Why should the character be any more certain?
>>
>>92626403
>>92626405
>>
>>92617272

saved
>>
>>92626294
>Jack not knowing the consequences makes no sense
No sense for what? For the story where he was transported in future against his will?
If Jack knows the consequences, then what he DID makes no sense. See the monks episode. Or the fairy part of Jack Tales. Why everyone keeps talking about Ashi for this. Have you watched the fucking original?
>>
>>92626405
Why are you assuming the rest of the story is non-retarded?

Samurai Jack was always an example of style over substance. I have no idea why people were expecting anything other than hitting the random entry page on tvtropes until they had enough for another season.
>>
>>92626179

That poor robe has been shredded so many times, and now it's defiled by their fluids.
>>
>>92623734
>>92623632

>>>/pol/
>>
I like the ending, I just didn't like that it took so long for Ashi to disappear. Technically she should have disappeared immediately. But, for dramatic affect, I would have been fine with her fading away. I don't understand the pain of it though as she keeled over. That doesn't make sense, she shouldn't be feeling anything. Anyway, I would have been okay with that as well, but only after Aku was defeated. So no marriage. We could have had that time spent seeing what the future without Aku is like and then go back to Jack reflecting like we had.
>>
>>92626415
>And then, at some unspecified later date, she suddenly wasn't.
Which he should've expected if he knew changing the past meant changing things?
>>
>Ashi gets to control her aku half in the last few minutes
>All the superpowered shapeshifting sex they could have had
>All the porn we could have had
Their room would get exploded or set on fire every 2 days.
>>
I want to see exactly what happens in the future after Jack left it..
Did everyone just disappear like Ashi after a while?
>>
>>92626528
Probably even before ashi, just a few seconds after he fucked off everything got erased.
>>
>>92626132
You're right, I'm sorry.
>>
File: jack rain.gif (1018KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
jack rain.gif
1018KB, 500x290px
>>92626474
Actually, it's a gi.
>>
>>92626502

He went to the past and changed the future and then she was still there. How in God's name was he supposed to know there was some sort of countdown clock on this sort of thing?

When you do something and get an unexpected result, do you just assume that the consequence is on some sort of delay fuse? Are you waiting for your phone to spontaneously crack because you dropped it two weeks ago?
>>
>>92626373
Thanks
>>
>>92626502
He should have also had an inkling that if Ashi is apart of Aku, then without Aku, Ashi would lose a big part of herself which could kill her.
>>
Jack and Ashi's post-Aku slaying sex must've caused earthquakes
>>
>>92626574
Hey, no worries.
I could have been a bit more clear from the start
>>
>>92626634
He doesn't seem to think the Aku spunk is critical to Ashi, and to be fair, he was right.
>>
>>92626584
At this point it's just samurai semen and whatever weird aku stuff Ashi ha.
>>
File: 1490638171719.jpg (71KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
1490638171719.jpg
71KB, 559x598px
>>92626405
>Just because the writing in the ending was absolute garbage it doesn't mean the rest, non-retarded story is invalidated.

Which...is why people are not satisfied with the ending. It doesn't make any fucking sense. Sure Jack got back to the past, but it feels completely empty and contrived. With the amount of asspulls the show has pulled, they went out of their way to force a shitty bittersweet ending.

Not only has Jack lost ashi, but every single character we grew up with , is now completely gone. If Jack knew going back in the past would do that, do you think he would be so quick to do so? It's already been proven he cares about the friendships he made in the future. We wanted to see Jack deal with that situation and what he would do, but instead we got a shitty garbage ending, shit-guzzling fans are quick to defend and ignore all criticism of thier 10/10 KINO show.
>>
>>92626676
What was that pain she was feeling before she faded away, could that have been all existential time changing, or something else?
>>
I usually HATE the idea of goldfish replacement, but fuck it, i would take it over what we got. Just give us a 20 second skit of jack's friends reincarnated in a normal world.
Plus if souls exist before birth and will eventually take up a equivalent body when the "time comes", it means that ashi would still be reincarnated even without aku..

but no, we have to have a bleak ending where everyone else is gone.
>>
>>92626588
>Are you waiting for your phone to spontaneously crack because you dropped it two weeks ago?
If it stops working then yeah, I might think "maybe it has something to do with what happened". Not all consequences are immediate. That's obvious and logical.

But that's the problem. You're assuming Jack has to be logical and knowledgeable 100% of the time and not just a guy in over his head.
>>
>>92626574
>>92626656
You guys are cool
>>
>>92621753
so ass
>>
>>92626697
>but every single character we grew up with , is now completely gone.

Nothing confirms either their existing or not. It doesn't matter not even to them. The final fight proves that. They were willing to put their existence to an end to help ensure a world without Aku.
>>
>>92626809
they just sorta died friend. they wernt real to begin with but we keep the memory of them with us
>>
>>92626809
Not just their existance, but also everyone they know, themself, their ancestors, their kids.
They are not just gonna cease to exist, they will never have lived to begin with
I think that is like an infinite times worse than dying.
We are practically talking wiping generations of billions of lives from history
>>
>>92626809
>they were ready to sacrifice themselves for past
From which ass do you people pull this out? Even Jack who has experienced time travel firsthand does not know how it works. There was no way they could know that they would be retconned. For all they knew they were helping Jack to get rid of Aku and go back to the past. The only people who MAY have knew something are scientists from first season as their means of time travel were actually scientific.
>>
>>92626809
>Nothing confirms either their existing or not.

If Ashi vanished because of time shennigans, then every who was affected by Aku has the same fate.
>>
>>92626906
If afterlife was not canon, this could be bittersweet(as death might potentially be on the same scale as timewipe), but the fact that there is not just an afterlife, but MANY, makes the ending simply needlessly cruel
>>
File: memessiah.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
memessiah.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>92622732
i dont give a shit about SJ i was just enjoying the fire and getting mad at people defending that shit ending.

jesus fucking christ i almost cried with this.
almost fucking cried..

im really sorry for all of you fuckers.
>>
>>92626937

>they were ready to sacrifice themselves for past

I didn't say past, I said "existence" doesn't matter when.

>>92626939

Ashi's existence depended on Aku because he is dad.
>>
>>92626727

I can't even fathom what point you're trying to make. You asked why the character was surprised. The answer is that the event was completely unexpected.

I know how cardiac arrest works -- and I'm aware that I have a genetic predisposition to arrhythmia -- but I'm going to be pretty fucking surprised if my heart stops.
>>
>>92626964
Like the Scottsman's daughters. They will never have a chance to live their lives. In fact, they never had one
>>
Anyone have the pic with all the episodes?
>>
>>92626882
>>92626906
Do you even Rick and Morty?

>I think that is like an infinite times worse than dying.
We are practically talking wiping generations of billions of lives from history

Oh, I'm sure in a lot of pain for not existing, ooo wee.
>>
>Dean Martin playing as their souls reunite in the afterlife
>>
>>92626989
Well, in battle with Aku they could merely die. While time-altering stuff TOTALLY(1) wipes out EVERYONE(2). And they probably did not expect those 2 things. They were fighting for better world, but in the end there was no world at all.
>>
>>92615538

Wait, what?

When Jack goes back to the past, he makes everyone's life better. Like, the people in the future had to live for centuries under Aku, and Aku was a complete asshole.

It would be HIGHLY irresponsible for him to stay in the future. It's like if you were sent to a dystopian future ruled by Osama, and you killed Future Osama. But all the damage he's done is still there. The only logical option is to kill Osama before he establishes the Global Caliphate - This way, you save BILLIONS of lives.

It would be really stupid of Jack NOT to go back.
>>
>>92626964
Why does it matter if there was more than one?
>>
File: 1490537075245.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490537075245.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>92626989
>Ashi's existence depended on Aku because he is dad

She was still half-human, and she had gained control over her own being. In fact it was shown that, Aku himself was a small part of a larger entity before he broke off and became his own being.

It made sense Aku could control her but she regained it back becoming her own. Aku didn't even know he had daughters, and it's shown He can call back pieces of himself from far away in the episode of Jack vs the ultrabots and feel when it's destroyed.

Why didn't Aku know pieces of him were destroyed when Jack killed Ashi's sisters?
>>
>>92626989

Everyone's existance depended on Aku. He shaped the world they were born in.

All the characters we came to love never existed.
>>
>>92627088
>While time-altering stuff TOTALLY(1) wipes out EVERYONE

That is conjecture.
>>
>>92627122

This doesn't argue for or against what I said, but alright.

>Why didn't Aku know pieces of him were destroyed when Jack killed Ashi's sisters?

I don't know. Did he feel it when Jack broke that wishing well?
>>
>>92627147

>conjecture
>Ashi literally vanishes
>>
>>92627147
Well, the wiping out part depends on rules of time travel, but the effect is definitely worldwide, no one is safe from it, unlike this battle with Aku.
>>
>>92627147
It would be conjecture if the episode didn't open up that specific can of worms.
>>
>>92627130

He shaped the world, yeah. But he didn't have anyone get married? He wasn't acting as cupid.

In the end, it's still irrelevant. The characters were probably okay with it because they know how bad it is to be in a world with Aku.
>>
>>92627089
Its far better to live in a shithole of time but have happiness here and there, and hope for the next generations (specially if future aku got defeated) that outright not existing.
It doesnt make "everyone's lives better". It ERASES everyone's lives to open up place for other random people that neither them or we care about to have a (potentially) better life than them.
>>
>>92627190
Aku is Ashi's father. This is like the grandfather effect, killing your own grandfather takes you out of existence.
>>
>>92627233

If you could undo WWII, would you do it?
>>
>>92627184
>I don't agree with it so it's not an argument

Right.

Even if Aku felt it, it wouldn't of mean anything because Jack had his sword. Plus we don't know if that was Aku's actual essence, or something he corrupted like those sheep Jack killed.
>>
>>92627184
Well wasn't part of Aku at first. It even had a name (Well of King Ozerick). That was a stupid retcon, making more of the world revolve around Aku and Jack.
>>
>>92627249

Everyone in the future we met, was born in a world shaped by Aku's influence.

It doesn't matter that Aku had a more direct relation to Ashi.

His death in the past erases every character from the future we met.
>>
>>92627256
You can't undo the past, only try and make a better future.
>>
>>92627337
>You can't undo the past
Because we haven't invented time travel yet.
>>
So.. Were Aku even defeated for good or was he just banished like Jack's father did?
>>
>>92627337

But...Here, you CAN!

It's like if you ended up in the far-future, which was a hellish irradiated wasteland. Then you became Mad Max, and fought the half-man, half-machine Overseer for control of a time portal.

Why would you not go back to undo the nuclear war? I mean, sure you've saved the future, but the future is a really shitty place to live in.
>>
>>92626153
It's still kinda fucked up they all decided to outright kill Deedee.

And it's also silly that they made such shitty killbots.
>>
>>92627220
>He wasn't acting as cupid.
Literaly a single second offset during conception will result in a different kid. Multiply it for hundreds if not thousands of generations. Unless specifically stated that people are fated to born and their biological bodies dont matter, they will never be born.

>The characters were probably okay with it because they know how bad it is to be in a world with Aku.
Heaven is canon in SJ universe. ETERNAL LIFE IN HEAVEN is not a small detail. Those 20-90 years in akus hands pales when compared to the reward.
>>
>>92627256
At this point? No. No I wouldn't
Who know what impact that could have on the future?
>>
>>92627256
Never, i not even a single moment of doubt. Learn to value yourself a little.
>>
>>92627296
I didn't say I didn't agree with it, I basically said I couldn't tell with I agreed with it or not.
>>
File: s-jack-00090539.jpg (18KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
s-jack-00090539.jpg
18KB, 560x420px
>>92614828
>Aku spends 50 years having depression
>finally starts to feel better when he discovers he has family
>his only daughter chooses to kill herself and him too

Aku didn't deserve this. He should have won.

Ashi? More like 'A shit'.
>>
>>92627367
By that logic since heaven is a shoo in there is no reason intensive for Jack defeating Aku once and for all since they will get eternally pleasure sooner or later.
>>
>>92621422
Did you make this "graph"? Whoever made this deserves to get shot in the dick.
>>
>>92627363
> but the future is a really shitty place to live in

And this is why season 5 is complete shit. Why bother showing all the good jack has done and how many are surviving rebelling against Aku, when you are just going to wipe it out from existence?

Those archers and dogs, were living quite the comfy life from what we saw.
>>
>>92627335
What is it with everyone's thinking in this absolute way? It's an all or nothing deal you guys. Why can't it be that some do exist and it had nothing absolutely to do with Aku existing or not?

I argue in the end that it doesn't matter if all of them existed in a different way or not, a world without Aku was desirable for them.
>>
>>92627425
Did you forget the dead dogs and the fact the Archers are in hiding?
>>
File: 1479389012913.jpg (25KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1479389012913.jpg
25KB, 719x719px
Do people actually think changing the past is equivalent to killing everyone that won't exist in the new future?
>>
>>92627443

>Why can't it be that some do exist and it had nothing absolutely to do with Aku existing or not?

... how?
>>
>>92627443

What's with you just not understanding that the characters we met are conditional upon a future were Aku reigns.
>>
>>92627396
He already won when he tore opened that portal in time. He rules the whole world and was trying to conquer the entire galaxy. 50 years of depression is honestly nothing to the thousands of years of oppression he's already caused.
>>
>>92627468

Killing is a strong word. You're simply preventing them from coming into existence.
>>
File: Three_Blind_Archers_home.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Three_Blind_Archers_home.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>92627449
>Hiding
>>
>write himself into a corner by destroying all the portals
>need to have Ashi asspull a portal
>plus Jack ends up wiping his own girlfriend/wife from existence

fuck it Genndy should have just had him stay in the future, I know Jack's goal was always to back but it just didn't work well or make sense
>>
>Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish Samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku!
>Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku!
>seeks to return to the past, and undo the future
>return to the past, and undo the future
>literally returns to the past and undoes the future
>everythingwentbetterthanexpected.avi

Hell, he even undid the "shitty shoehorned romance" that /co/ has been "reeee"ing about since the season hit it's 4th episode, so it could hardly have turned out any better
>>
>>92627388
>Whole premise is jack going back in time and undoing the future that is aku
>jack goes back in time and undoes the future that is aku in the ending
>WHAT THE FUCK KINDA ENDING IS THAT!?
Wonder how a group of people can be so retarded.
>>
>>92627517
A mountain in the middle of nowhere seems liking hiding to me.
>>
File: XZY1k7Z.jpg (74KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
XZY1k7Z.jpg
74KB, 500x683px
>>92627233

>it's far better for people to suffer, they deserve misery, only I am allowed to be happy
>>
>>92627496
Jack retconned his victory by going back in time and killing him, though.

All Aku wanted to do was take over the world and make dank memes.
>>
>>92627546
Not exactly hiding if they have to fend off Aku's beetle drones, but that's another thing
>>
>>92627499
And there's literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>92627546
>A mountain in the middle of nowhere seems liking hiding to me.

That's why they were still being attacked by Beetle drones right?
>>
>>92614828
Seemed a touch hamfisted, I dislike most stories that deal with paradoxes or these kinds of shenanigans. All his fights and allies in the future no longer exist, would have been bittersweet enough for him to memorialize they who will never have existed or whatever. He sent the stone viking to fucking Valhalla, except now he didn't. It's all a big mindfuck, should have just left it at happily ever after ending.
>>
>>92621995
Yeah, jack is clearly a time refugee having all his memories and experiences despite undoing the evil that was Aku. Surely there could have been other time refugees existing outside their normal timeline.
But then time stopped affecting jack while he was displaced maybe time would have stopped affecting Ashi?
>>
>>92627402
Exactly. You can make those 20-90 years people will live in the future better, so killing aku in the future is ok. But going back to the past and undoing everything is such overkill, is like about on the same level as using a death star beam and destroying the planet and billions of people just to kill a mosquito.
>>
>>92621222
>>92621099

They should have had pulled a Star Wars. Everyone is celebrating Aku's defeat and Jack stands by the tree and looks to his side, where all his allies are in spirit form as Ashi slowly fades in and smiles at him.

That way, even in death, his friends, and the comrades are right there at Jack's side, guiding him towards his new adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiM5zEEI_Jo
>>
>>92627470
>>92627479

I see where you guys are coming from with >>92627367.

If we're dealing with large numbers, then it's possible that a few would. But, even with that said, I don't think Aku being around stopped anyone from fucking, regardless of the time. Like the Scottsman. I think he fucked his wife at whatever time he pleased with no care whether or not anything he had to do due to him living in an Aku world or not. He may not be going around fighting what horrors lives in the future, but he might have still been adventuring anyway. Even let's say he was off by many seconds to rescue his wife if she was in any sort of trouble or in no trouble, I doubt his kids would come out all that different considering how they are.

Also, this may not technically give you a satisfactory answer, but if some other work of fiction had time traveling in it showed a world with the characters still existing as they are in the future despite a major change, you probably shouldn't be reading too much into it. It may not be technical because of poetic license, which is what I was thinking might be the case. But, since we didn't see the altered future, then we could suppose the technical outcome. But, even with that said it's still a numbers game, and with such high numbers I wouldn't put it past that a few are the same as they were.
>>
But wait, since he beat Aku in the past, that means The Guardian would still be by his time portal, still waiting for a worthy opponent to free him from his burden.
>>
>>92627618
Personally I would've at least liked to have seen the good future and see how these characters fare in a new Aku-less timeline. The last we saw them, they were all fighting and dying to save Jack, once Jack goes back to the past the show kind of stopped caring about them as if only Jack's home being restored was the only thing that mattered.

Even if we can assume that they all probably had good ends, it would've been nice to actually see it and get some closure on them. The horrible future and its inhabitants were as much a part of the show as Jack was.
>>
>>92627673
>Jack has hallucinations the whole season
>even has a hallucination after he's back to his old self and has the sword back
>show doesn't end with him and an Ashi hallucination

It's shit.
>>
>>92627673

That would've been nice. The shitposting would have been horriffic though.

I just want a post credits of Jack and Ashi's silhouettes slowdancing to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEzuBgeiSnk
>>
>>92627542
>The whole premise of all indiana jones movies are about he going after a forbidden treasure
>In the end he realizes no one should be able to have this kind of treasure, grows a little as a character and let it go.
>WHAT THE FUCK KINDA ENDING IS THAT!? WHY DIDNT HE RISK EVERYTHING TO GET THE GRAIL.
There are so many examples of this "hero realizes his objective isnt that smart as he though and learn to let it go" that im sure you are the one who dont actually read books, watch movies or series, etc. Why should jack INSIST in doing something that isnt nice after second thought besides "mako said he would in the intro"? Give me a good reason.
>>
>>92627644
But eventually it'll be a thousand years later and by that point there won't be deaths by Aku's hands and the people who have already suffered and thankful. So in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter because there'll will be 4000x more than the people Jack erase.
>>
>>92627002
>The answer is that the event was completely unexpected.
And the argument was that he KNEW changing the past would change the future; so it wasn't unexpected.

Gurren Lagaan did this shit better. All it took was for the girl to flicker for a second.
>>
>>92627744
>Lets kill people that exist and are here right now to open space up for 1000x more POTENTIAL people.
Sound stupid. No amount of potential life is intrinsically more valuable than a single "real" life.
>>
>>92627742
Not to mention we had like two episodes of this season devoted to Jack accepting that things had changed and getting over his depression and learning to move forward.

But nope! You CAN go home again! You CAN get a complete status quo reset! Wacha!

But we shouldn't be surprised. Jack is as big a nostalgiafag as the people defending this ending.
>>
>>92627706
>we didn't see the guardian in the past but instead of suit and glasses he wears an armor and a helmet
>>
WHADDAYA THINK 'O THAT, MR. SERIES ENDIN', SCENE SYMBOLIZIN'
>>
>>92627826
How do you define "real" life anon? Jack made their lives exist so they're as just as valuable as those in the past.
>>
>>92614993
That show was a scam.
>>
>>92627760
Most jack friends arent philosophers or even smart. They might know the objective of jack, but they not necessarily wanted him to achieve it, though he could, or knew what it would have meant.
There is no reason to think 99% of the guys were there for anything else than SAVING jack.
>>
>>92627673

Honestly, I would've been fine with that, even if they are just memories or whatnot.

Better than LITERALLY NOTHING.
>>
>>92627827
>Not to mention we had like two episodes of this season devoted to Jack accepting that things had changed and getting over his depression and learning to move forward.
And those episodes terrified me. Bravo, Genndy!
>>
>>92627827
>Not to mention we had like two episodes of this season devoted to Jack accepting that things had changed
What episodes, you mean the ones that show Jack really wanted to fuck Ashi?
>>
File: 1492945198460.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492945198460.gif
2MB, 420x420px
>>92627742
Excellent point Anon.
>>
>>92627742
Because that was the literal point. In the example you give Indiana Jones gives up the treasure because greed was the downfall of whoever was pursuing him throughout the movie showing once again some things are left buried. Jack was literally ripped from his time and thrown into a hellish nightmare, said nightmare kept him from aging since he didn't belong in that time. His family, friends, and literal thousands, of years of innocents all died in the gap. Was he really supposed to let all those innocent lives, all that strife, all that anarchy happen? just let his entire journey be a failure and preside over his failure wasteland future, that will descend into anarchy without aku, as an immortal vigilante? You're so concerned with what you wanted that you don't realize that what you want would be fucking terrible. The goal was set from the beginning, you were foolish to expect something as crazy as jack letting the world he knew die because he was sentimental for Aku's hellscape future.
>>
File: pepe hopeless.jpg (30KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
pepe hopeless.jpg
30KB, 597x519px
>>92617272
>Agagagagaga

I'm laughing so hard it fucking hurts and now I'm crying
>>
>>92627918
>Aku's hellscape future.
>When it's literally shown people where thriving and rebelling against him building a better future

What was the point of showing this?
>>
>>92627918
How about a better solution?
Stick with your "all time portals have been destroyed", don't force him to make the choice, and have the ending be him accepting that he can't change the past, but can work in the present to change the future.
>>
>>92627827

Fucking seriously. It was all set, but then bullshit happens, he gets to go back, and the one that made it possible dies for bullshit nonreasons.
>>
I was expecting Jack to kill aku in the future, marry Ashi, and Jacks parents appearing in ghost form to thank jack as they vanish. Afterward establishing Neo-Japan.
>>
>>92627742
>Jack spends an inordinate amount of time being a huge moralfag
>his actions show that he values honor and duty above pretty much everything

So your argument is that Jacks character has to be inconsistent so he can stay in a future he made a vow to prevent?
>>
>>92627951
by "stick with you're", I was referring to the writers as "you're"
>>
>>92627951
Because a ending telling altering the timeline is bad is cliche as fuck. How about a show where the Hero actually succeeds in his journey.
>>
>>92627958
>Neo Japan
>Jack goes back with Ashi to the ruins of his homeland and rebuilds it
>Scotsman and all of jack's friends attend the wedding
>King Jack is now canon
>>
>>92627980
>cliche as fuck.

Everything about this season has been nothing but cliche as fuck.
>>
>>92627728
this
>>
>>92627918
You are the one who dont realize that even though akus future sucked, there was still good in it. There was still hope. There were people rebelling. We got a fucking whole chapter about it goddamnit. All the people who die in the gap spent thousands of years in the heavens, completely free from akus grasp.
If future aku died, do you think the world wouldnt be able to repair itself with time, specially with strong groups like jack and the scotts around to fix it?

If the universe was completely fucked. Aku killed the gods, literally breached into heaven and started devouring SOULS, then yeah, thats the time to go back to the past. But no, he was just an asshole that dont really wasnt much worse than real life tyrants and dictators.
>>
>>92617027
>I found it to be unbelievably romantic.
can you ashi juveniles fuck off?
>>
>>92617272
Awful and hilarious.
>>
>>92627980
How about we take both our ideas and mash 'em together.
Kill aku in future, let them try to rebuild, take Ashi to past and kill Aku, creating a branching timeline they can enjoy. and it's bittersweet because Jack can never see his friends from the future, but knows they have a chance to rebuild on their own, and at least he has Ashi.
>>
>>92628042
A happy ending would have been cliche.
>>
>>92628087
Killing off the girlfriend as drama for the main character is equally cliche.
>>
>>92628087
>>92628102
everything has been done, the only thing left is execution.
that's what the episode lacked
>>
>>92628087
A cliche ending to a cliche show works.
An attempt to be "not cliche" by ripping off a famous anime ending shot for shot and spitting on your fanbase in the process clearly doesn't work.
If the show had kept the tone from episodes 1-3 and had a bittersweet ending, it would fit better and people would be less pissed.

But you shouldn't use deus ex machina every other episode if you want people to accept your bittersweet ending.
>>
>>92614867
>opinions
>>
>>92621307
>spent more time
>13 years to figure it out
>>
>>92618515
This
>>
>>92627946
>What was the point of showing this?
Are you tone death? it was for you! that's the whole point of the whole Ashi death/tree imagery at the end. It's gone, it technically never existed but yet it was still something beautiful that we got to enjoy. That's why it was bittersweet. Not because of the dead waifu, but because we got to know and love Aku's future while forgetting that the endgame was killing Aku's future.

>>92627951
HE WAS GOING TO KILL HIMSELF. He never accepted that he couldn't change the past. Ashi convinced him his journey wasn't futile. He was trapped in his own failure. The point wasn't that he shoud've been complacent for failing his purpose because he did some good. The point was that he shouldn't give up because even though he failed he was still able to do SOMETHING. renewing his drive to defeat aku and find a way to get back to the past.

>>92628048
The future IS aku! holy shit. Jack literally lists why Aku's future is fucked. "WHERE DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?". why make the best of a failure for the rest of your immortal life when you haven't failed yet? that was the point of showing there was still hope. Jack was convinced that he had failed but he hadn't.
>>
>>92627961
The objective of going back to the past was entirely personal. It wasnt his teachers that once told him "if he happens to send you to the future, you MUST return". It wasnt the emperor who set that goal. The emperor just wanted aku dead. If it took 20 years or if took XX000+50 years, it would be the same.
It was a goal entirely defined by Jack. He has no promise to honor about that. His only duty could be performed in the future as well as in the past. On the second though it was almost selfish to end it all because he couldnt accept his own mistakes.

Another rather well written story about it: In one of the videogames, punished peter parker from the future tries to undo the future so he can stop Gwen, Aunt may, Uncle ben, and MJ from dying. He argues that he isnt killing anyone, just changing history. Changing some people for others. He promises to make the future better. And yet he is outright the villain and main antagonist of the story, because he cant accept his own failures. They dont even play around "he might be right", what he is doing is a massive sin against nature.
>>
>>92623310

It's not that Aku was expected Jack to find his way to the past. From his perspective, it looked like he had only flung Jack 3 seconds into the future since he emerged from an identical Aku time portal. In the beginning of the original series Aku wasn't anticipating the moment of Jack's arrival, he just blindly tossed him somewhere in time.
>>
If Tara's reading of the exposition were more suffering and shock and hurrying because she was fading it would've been slightly less shitty, but damn she just read off a page in front of a classroom
>>
>>92628173
The future isnt a permanent thing. Do you think its outright impossible to fix what aku did? Do you think that they cant get rid of monster such as the beast that eat him in epi4 with time? There would be literally millions of years forward, and yet a few aliens and some wasted land aku did in a couple thousand years will NEVER get better?
>>
It was a beatiful ending, anyone who says otherwise truly has no idea of what the word kino means.
In the last moments i wanted him to stumble across the guardian's time portal and go back to the future to defeat aku there and still have Ashi. But what you people don't seem to understand is that sometimes good endings don't necessarily have to be happy.
It's Chinatown
>>
>>92622214
says the lolwacky poster hungry for attention
>>
>>92628252
>Do you think its outright impossible to fix what aku did?
Considering jack can't bring back the dead, yeah.

>Do you think that they cant get rid of monster such as the beast that eat him in epi4 with time?
yeah they can, by going back to the past and undoing it's existence

> There would be literally millions of years forward, and yet a few aliens and some wasted land aku did in a couple thousand years will NEVER get better?
Why make it better when you can make it not happen. Seriously why clean the shit when you can not shit on the floor? It's good you got attached to Aku's future, that was the point. But hating the show and refusing to let it go is childish.
>>
>>92624833
>tfw the fights in episodes 2 and 3 were much better than the finale

what the fug happened
>>
>>92622447
>lecherous man and brave female
your tumblr is showing, waifufag
>>
>>92628414

I mean tumblr is basically for porn so yeah
>>
>>92628371
There is a difference about letting go something you like peacefully in a proper and beautiful way and watching someone drop acid on it while it twitches in pain till there is nothing left
>>
There were a lot of ways it could have been handled better

If Jack yelled "AKUUU" in pure frustration one last time after Ashi disappeared, for example, that would have been both kino and hilarious

How come nobody seems to care the whole thing was on fucking fast forward, the animation was fucking laughable at parts?

Literally still images of people staring at a still TV, and then reusing those same images for a good large chunk of the episode with a video playing on them?

Half of this episode was running/fighting animations being tweened across a landscape, it didn't look like an actual professional animation half the time
>>
>>92628298
>stumble across the guardian's time portal and go back to the future to defeat aku there and still have Ashi.

This would have satisfied everyone. I'm not sure why it wasn't the ending they went with.

>And King Jack crusades against the remnants of Aku's evil machines and brings peace to the past AND future.

Would have been great.
>>
>>92628561
>I'm not sure why it wasn't the ending they went with.
Because Genndy was dead set in giving the series a bittersweet ending, no matter how many paradoxes, thematic inconsistencies or rushed it was.
What we got was a laughable "bittersweet for sake of bittersweet" that dont make any goddamn sense, was overly dramatic and left everyone with a bitter taste on their mouths.
>>
I love the arguments about a "nonsensical" ending to a show that was 5 straight seasons of shit that made no sense.
>>
>>92628561
>>And King Jack crusades against the remnants of Aku's evil machines and brings peace to the past AND future.
Yes! Weren't we teased with that vision of him in that episode? That was totally the ending i expected Genndy to give us but i guess those asian films influenced him too much. You know the one's with tragic heroes and shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wd4vTnqTEk
>>
>>92614828
So it's still fashionable to hate Jack? Meh.
>>
>>92628731
Back then it didnt tried to play itself seriously nor tried to sell a dramatic sad ending that was supposed to touch our emotions.

Suspension of disbelief is tied to the kind of narrative we are having.
>>
>>92625716
>but nope!
i'm not surprised you're an ashifag by the way you type
Thread posts: 529
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.