[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Samurai Jack the most selfish cartoon character? He knew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 587
Thread images: 81

File: file.png (47KB, 243x257px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
47KB, 243x257px
Is Samurai Jack the most selfish cartoon character?

He knew that going back in time was going to delete everything that existed.

He was prepared to kill the Scotsman and all the people he helped just so he could live his original life.

Jack deleted all of the Scotsman's daughters, his "Pride and Joy" from existence.

Is Jack the real villain? To kill all these people that created an existence in despite of Aku?
>>
>was jack selfish
You know that everyone hated Aku and wanted Jack to go back and finally kill him, right? They knew that they'd be gone if Jack succeeded in his goal but they didn't care so long as the future will actually be bright.
>>
>>92610400
He also stopped millions from dying under aku's reign, you dunce.
>>
>>92610435
>>You know that everyone hated Aku and wanted Jack to go back and finally kill him, right?
Except they didn't. The Scotsman wanted him to marry one of his daughters.

>>92610450
Aku was stuck in his tree doing nothing.
>>
>>92610400

Aku just killed every one that came to save Jack.

He made their deaths matter
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 350x263px
Nigga how many millions did ali slaughter for humans to be a rare sight in the future and most of the world living in fear of punishment,preventing tens of thousands of years of evil is not a selfish thing
>>
>>92610450
Most of those people never existed now.
>>
File: this is a load of barnacles.jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
this is a load of barnacles.jpg
74KB, 720x480px
>>92610400
>>
>>92610497
And instead milllions of other people will get to live not under the rule of pure evil.
>>
>>92610400
t. Aku
>>
>>92610464
The Scotman is a retard. They had literally just watched a broadcast saying "Jack wants to go back in time and kill me" and they all turned up to help
>>
>>92610494
Aku didn't actually slaughter anyone. The only confirmed kill he has is the Scottsman, and the Scottsman came to Akus house and attacked him so it was more self defense than anything.
>>
>>92610497
We don't even know that,All jack did was prevent aku from enslaving the earth and inviting aliens in the future,whether dogs still evolve to talk or Aliens show up can still happen,except with no evil wizard enslaving everything
>>
File: Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-05.gif (236KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-05.gif
236KB, 200x200px
>>92610494
>Nigga how many millions did ali slaughter

I know exactly what you meant to type but this was really funny.
>>
>>92610518
This cheesy as bullshit is even worse than the horseshit ending we did get.
>>
>>92610531
That doesn't invalidate that millions of other people never got to live at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 259x194px
>>92610552
Considering what he did to Japan when he first took over and the state of jacks village when he returned,are you really certain Aku NEVER killed any humans in his thousands of year rule
>>
>>92610596
It's a net gain.
>>
File: jack4083925.jpg (868KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jack4083925.jpg
868KB, 1920x1080px
>>92610400
Jack repeatedly put others before his quest to go back. Ashi is effectively the one who made the decision for him. It seemed to be conveyed from her expression that she knew that doing so might kill her, but she knew that if Jack knew that, he wouldn't go through with it.

Everyone Jack touched was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for him. They wouldn't have rushed to attack Aku if they weren't.

In episode 9, Jack said that he was sure that he would never see the beauty of the past world again. Making the world beautiful for him again was Ashi's final gift to him.
>>
It's just so shitty that SO MANY episodes were about the people in the future knowing about Jack, getting help by Jack, Jack being their only hope and now they just never exist.
>>
>>92610531
>if you live a life of hardship but rise up despite that your existence is worthless
>only the pampered lucky few born under peaceful times are worth allowing to exist

Bravo, Gendy's done it again, what a magnificent bastard.
>>
>>92610400
You talk as if he was Barry Allen. He didn't go back just to save his parents or his castle, he went back to save the entire world. Billions enslaved, tortured and killed by Aku for shits and giggles. Also, they helped him because he stopped himself several times from going back to the past when they needed him in the present/future (The monks, the archers). He only went back after Aku had killed most of them.

>>92610596
You think the archers, the scotsman, genuine heroes on their own right, would be so selfish as to deny Jack the possibility of setting the course of history right? To prefer their existance fighting and hiding from Aku, while countless unfortunate innocents are ravaged by monsters and criminals, over the possibility of a better life?
>>
>>92610596

Stopping Aku takes priority over everything. If Jack has a chance to stop him, past or future, he has to take it.

Also, any attempt to moralize casualties in a time travel scenario is bullshit anyway. You don't kill Hitler, millions of people die. You kill Hitler, millions of people don't die but millions more are never born or die in a different way. People are gonna cease to be, there's no way around it. All you can do is stop the Ancient Oil Demon/German Drug Addict and hope history sorts out better.
>>
>>92610744
But those billions lived their lives and died. Deleting the potential future didn't stop them from experiencing it. It happened and was over.
>>
>>92610724
None of those people mattered to Jack as much as some Aku-lite socially retarded pussy. He really was a selfish piece of shit.
>>
>>92610797

>Save the entire universe from eldritch horror
>Get called a piece of shit by angry internet people

It's Man of Steel all over again.
>>
>>92610774
Then everyone in the future lived their lives, deleting them didn't stop them from experencing it. It happened and was over.
>>92610797
I'm biting all hooks today but that's objectively wrong. He denied himself several times to save people in the future, such as the monks. Funnily enough, when he did that /co/ was like "Why didn't he just go to the past, he's so stupid!!!" and now that he did you're like "Wow he went to the past what an asshole"

>>92610862

This is considerably worse than MoS, given the history of the show.
>>
>>92610918
>Then everyone in the future lived their lives, deleting them didn't stop them from experencing it. It happened and was over.
What do you think being removed from the timeline and not existing means? None of it ever happened.
>>
>>92610773
>Stopping Aku takes priority over everything. If Jack has a chance to stop him, past or future, he has to take it.
Except Jack had opportunities in the previous seasons and didn't take them, because they would have meant abandoning people in need. He only actually went back when the choice was all but taken from him.

Jack may have slain the ultimate evil, but in the end he was revealed to be a selfish coward unable to take control of his own destiny, instead being manipulated and shuffled along the entire way by the very malevolent force he was setting out to destroy.
>>
>>92610400

m8

Jack would have been absolutely content with staying in the future. He'd of just slain Future Aku then everyone would be able to live in the future world aku-free with Ashi.

Ashi was the one that took Jack back into the past. She knew full well that it would kill her, but Jack lamented the fact that "all I'll ever know of my home is just memories"

It was Ashi's gift to jack, to go back to the past and be with his family at the cost of her life that she was willing to do.

Ashi made the choice for Jack to go back because she knew he wouldn't do it
>>
>>92610639
I know I never saw him kill anyone he wasn't defending himself from, and I believe in innocent until proven guilty.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 300x465px
>>it's selfish to stop a bad future since some of the survivors MIGHT not exist
>>
>>92610400
Youre that nigger from other thread arent you? I want to tell you something, faggot. Jack isnt the selfish one; YOU are. Aku sent Jack centuries into the future and destroyed the world during that time. Millions, if not billions, if not trillions of people on earth and other planets suffered from Aku's reign. By the time Jack showed up, generations upon generations upon generations of people had lived under oppression, have suffered, or were exterminated. Ya, some people were better off, but most of the time it was because Jack saved them. Jack gave them a place to exist where Aku's negligent gaze wouldnt easily notice them. Before that, they were slaves, or worse.
You keep saying "muh friends" but you are ignoring the bigger picture. The happiness of the few are just an atom of a drop in the ocean of destruction Aku wrought to gain control of the planet. Jack's mission was always meant for a higher calling, meaning he had to put his objective over others if possible, but he never did. That is a part of his cheacter. He had several chances to go back to the past at the risk of others, and he shouldve, especially given the finale, but he didnt.
However, from a purely logistic standpoint, salvaging 500+ years and onwards of darkness is better than damning everyone in the past for your 50~ years of sparse nornality.
So no, Jack wasnt selfish for deleting everyone he had known for 50 years from existence to save the untold year's worth of people. You are selfish. You are putting your circle friends above the wellfare of everyone else. Aku wiped out most of them anyways with his black raining arrow shit, leaving only the Scottsman's girls. They all died for Jack so he could save the world. You would throw their sacrafices away just so Jack could also throw away his mission? Fuck you, anon. Selfish prick.
>>
>>92611001
seriously this is even worst,
a character introduced in the last season thinks she can just decide Jack's most important decision herself
>>
File: ashi glance.jpg (61KB, 1256x704px) Image search: [Google]
ashi glance.jpg
61KB, 1256x704px
>>92610400
Jack didn't know that changing the past would do what it did (obviously - look how shocked he is about Ashi). Every time someone stood to die for him to get back, he helped them instead. Even if they were willing to sacrifice themselves.

Even knowing that Aku's timeline was 'fake,' an anomaly that never should have been - even knowing that everyone he met would have better lives were he to change it all - I imagine that he wouldn't have been able to make the call.

Ashi made it and killed herself in the doing. But between her and Jack's heroism, billions won't suffer under Aku, and will probably be born into happy, prosperous lives (following the Back to the Future logic that Genndy used in Ego Trip). The only one who gets nothing is Ashi. Maybe. We dunno if her being erased rubbed out her soul, too.
>>
Would you go back in time to kill Hitler to save a couple thousand Jews knowing the present would end up drastically different and many of the people you know wouldn't exist?
>>
File: rf 34.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
rf 34.gif
3MB, 240x135px
>>92610662
The tree is half a heart.
>>
>>92610976
I know. If the answer to Aku's reign through thousands of years being deleted is "deleting it didn't stop them from experiencing it" (a contradiction) then I guess the same applies to those in the future. It's a flawed answer to a flawed observation.
>>
>>92610978

Wait, doesn't that make Ashi history's greatest monster? I mean, she was the one who activated the time portal, Jack just tagged along with her to kill Aku in the past.
>>
>>92611077
>aku wiped them out
Aku was defending himself, you prick.
>>
>>92610400
Are you retarded?
>>
File: Yin_yang.svg.png (60KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yin_yang.svg.png
60KB, 1200x1200px
>>92611138
It could also be interpreted as half of yin & yang
>>
File: Laughing Bird.jpg (93KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Bird.jpg
93KB, 800x450px
>>92611161

>Aku's life matters
>>
>>92611137
Imagine a super Nuke goes off killing billions on earth and even damaging other countries,your one of the survivors who remembers when the world wasn't an awful shithole,people are dying of irradiation,starvation and conflict.Would it be selfish to go back in time and stop the nuke or better to stay in the future and began the in achievable task of fixing the damaged earth,you tell me
>>
>>92611193
Just gets me in the gut, two parts of a whole divided almost as soon as they were joined.
>>
>>92610400
>He knew that going back in time was going to delete everything that existed.
Where was this ever said? Jack probably didn't have much understanding of time travel given he was from an era that didn't even have the smallest inkling of such a concept yet.
>>
File: (You)gotdunked.png (257KB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
(You)gotdunked.png
257KB, 638x360px
>>92610400
>OP acting like one of Aku's Bill O'Reilly media white knights

>Jack killed Aku in the past thereby erasing the bad future

>MFW OP and his thread technically no longer exist.
>>
>>92611137

I feel like Hitler might have done something else. World-something-2, I don't know, I'm pretty vague on the details.
>>
>>92611209
if you go back immediately after the bombs go off it would be fine
if you wait several hundred years after humanity has recovered, started rebuilding, and tons of people have been born it would be bad
>>
>>92611253
you have to go further back and stop the other countries from completely fucking over Germany after the first world war, some random other guy could have become hitler too, maybe even a better hitler that didn't waste his youth painting shitty pictures
>>
>>92611239
He demonstrably doesn't know, because he doesn't even understand why Ashi is vanishing.
>>
>>92611196
And why doesn't it? He's a person just like you and me, and definitely at least as much of a person as Ashi. They came to Akus home and attacked him. If they didn't want to die they shouldn't have brought a knife to a gunfight.
>>
>>92611137
>Couple thousand jews

For the analogy to make sense, the amount of victims in the past would have to be much greater than the amount of people living in the future.
>>92610662
At the risk of being called retarded by /co/ for calling this subtle (fuck it, they probably didn't notice anyways) I wonder how many more bits of visual storytelling still haven't been pointed out.

>>92611239

If he did, he would know that Ashi was going to cease to exist.

>after humanity has recovered, started rebuilding, and tons of people have been born

That's not what Aku's future is.

>>92611342
Aku is not a person. He's more like a concept or a force of nature, a living void of blackness. That's like saying that Darkseid or morgoth are people.
>>
File: Laughing-Thunderbirds.gif (469KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Thunderbirds.gif
469KB, 480x228px
>>92611342

>Aku was standing his ground
>>
>>92611309
And it would be better if you went back before the bombs fell and stopped them, saving all those lives. There's no point in them falling.
>>
File: 1495400583387.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495400583387.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
Future doesn't exist until it happens, not to mention, you are assuming butterfly effect. There is nothing selfish in saving your country and your family from dying under rule of a demon. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>92611338

Thankfully there's no-one else in this scenario who can become a better Aku.

Although, to be honest, I was sure Ashi was going to be the last remaining piece of Aku that Jack would need to destroy to finish him off for good. Surprised they went with the time paradox end instead of the evil surviving through a loved one ending.
>>
>>92611342
Nigga, he was the literal embodiment of EVIL itself. Not only that, he was but a FRACTION of said evil, the rest having been gang raped by Odin, Vishnu, and Ra before it could consume all existence.

Maybe Aku had whimsy to him, but it didn't change the fact that he lived to be cruel and monstrous to others.
>>
>>92610400
>delete

you mean save from a lifetime of tyranny at the hands of aku? i know these are all troll threads, but the idea that jack going back in time obliterates all the people he helped is stupid. they would still be born, just not in a world controlled by the living embodiment of evil.
>>
>>92611447
Saving all those lives would create a drastically different future where most of the people born afterwards would never have existed and if any of them did manage to be born they would be so different they may as well be different people.
>>
File: Fqj-_UWGttw.jpg (57KB, 466x509px) Image search: [Google]
Fqj-_UWGttw.jpg
57KB, 466x509px
Guys.

Don't forget that just before future-Jack won, past-Aku flung past-Jack into the future again. So the NEW past-Jack has to be fighting the future-Aku now.

Why is no one talking about this?
>>
>>92611400
And how are Darkseid and Morgoth not people?
>>92611489
That's like,the gods opinion though. The Aku we see as viewers has never killed or hurt anyone that didn't hurt him first. He is nice to the children, allows people to rave, and has created a booming economy with marvelous cities. All he asks in exchange are statues here and there from his subordinates.
>>
>>92611459
It would have been interesting if someone had alerted Jack to the possibility of the future being wiped out. Maybe the old dog would propose the theory, giving Jack a pause to wonder if he should just eliminate Future-Aku and leave it at that. We could then have everyone tell him that they'd rather the future never exist, erasing all of Aku's influence even though it would mean giving up themselves as well.

I am hoping maybe that Genndy might throw together some alt. endings for the dvd release, it would be pretty fun to see what other things could have happened. Maybe an ending where the future still exists, and everyone memorializes Jack as their savior.
>>
>>92611510
So not being born or being born in a different environment is worse than a millennia of torment and suffering of billions
>>
>>92611499

Some people wouldn't exist. History would take a distinct path that wouldn't involve billions becoming refugees or trillions being enslaved and murdered. It seems probable that some, if not all, of the people who exist in Aku's future would not exist in Jack's new future.

I agree with you that OP is a giant troll,
I'm just saying that his impotent outrage and shitposting stem from an actual reasonable point, no matter how idiotic his extrapolation of that point may be.
>>
File: consider_the_following.gif (458KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.gif
458KB, 500x281px
>>92611433
I mean at no point in season 5 episode 10 was he not standing his ground. All those assholes came to his house. He never seeked out their homes and assaulted them during the episode. Their deaths would have been fully justified, and Aku didn't even kill most of them.
>>
>>92611556
>That's like,the gods opinion though.
You fucking idiot. We SEE the evil consuming worlds and blotting out the space it attacks.

>The Aku we see as viewers has never killed or hurt anyone that didn't hurt him first
Bullshit. He killed the servants of Jack's father as they rode into the lands where Aku is born, and he was burning the entire country for his own amusement while Jack's father received the sword. Aku was cruel and ruthless, you can't deny this.

This is sounding like fucking Scrapper levels of denial.
>>
>>92611510
Okay
But you should trade the lives of a few hundred thousand people for the lives of billions. Itd be selfish NOT to. Life being precious isnt argument when youre weighing less life against more life.
Those new people are gonna have to live with not existing, Im gonna get those other 4 billion people another chance at life and making new life.
>>
>>92611582
Would you rather exist with the chance of a better future or not exist at all?
>>
>>92610435
if they hated aku then jack shouldve killed aku in the future
>>
File: Maka Laughing.gif (241KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Maka Laughing.gif
241KB, 400x225px
>>92611611
>>
>>92610400

Jack prevented thousands of years of Aku ravaging the earth to the point half the planet's remaining inhabitants appear to be robotic minions. The future where Aku's evil is LAW is broken beyond repair and has been a terrible place to live for centuries. Untold billions knew only slavery and death in the years between Jack's confrontation with Aku and his reemergence in the future. Jack saved all of their lives by finishing what he started. Given that Aku was slaughtering the resistance force that had rallied against him most of the people he helped died fighting for him to go back in time and save the world.

Jack saved every generation that has existed since he lost to Aku when he finally got back to the past. He did the right thing.
>>
>nobody hurts my daughters!!
>oh except for you jack, go ahead and kill us all
>>
>>92611556
>That's like,the gods opinion though.
I see where youre going with this, that the winners write history, yada yada. Fuck you though, and fuck Aku, the majority of people dont like him existing, so majority rules here and we get rid of Aku. Beetle bots dont count as votes. Even from the start of time it was 3v1, and that disparity has only grown since then.
Fuck outta my court room Aku sympathizer.
>>
>>92611534
Not very likely, considering that Ashi and the future were completely erased.

Though, if you try you can make a sequel hook out of this.
>>
File: 1489987110609.png (678KB, 1280x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1489987110609.png
678KB, 1280x1061px
you know what, the ending was't great but at least it happened

Now there is only one thing i need to know, so ok jack killed aku and everything from the future was deleted, but because jack killed past aku after he sent another jack to the future that means there is now a jack living an a future that isn't ruled by aku

so wtf i need to know the story of that jack, is that the jack that will defeat the guardian?
>>
>>92611615
You're arguing that potential lives that will never actually exist unless you dick around with time travel have more value than people who currently exist.
>>
>>92611510
So it's perfectly fine to let a debilitating event happen that would impact the earth itself for centuries to come?

What, does the fucking bomb have a right to explode or something you mongoloid?
>>
>>92611696
>you know what, the ending was't great but at least it happened
I consider it to be good. Not great, but good. Its worst crime was to not live up to the high expectations.
>>
>>92610400
the thing that is bugging me the most is that now single timeline is basically confirmed, so why did he not just use the portal from when he beat those archers if they were not going to exist in the first place anyway?
He could have ended it long time ago now he just let all his friends die just for the sake of it.
>>
>>92611696
I think that Jack is still just him, all we saw was what Aku saw a second after the scene in episode 1, which was Jack returning.

What I wanna know is if Ashi (and any other never-borns) remain in spirit if not corporeal matter.
>>
>>92611698
The entire argument about the nukes was based on the argument that we could choose to go back and prevent the bombs.
>>
>>92610464
>Aku was stuck in his tree doing nothing.
Uh? no!, he was enslaving all of Japan already and aiming for the world.
>>
>>92611715
>So it's perfectly fine to let a debilitating event happen that would impact the earth itself for centuries to come?
It's the same as the "is it right to go back in time and kill Hitler" debate. You could go back in time and stop a major event that killed a shitload of people but doing so would alter the timeline and create a much different future where a shitload of people also didn't exist.
>>
>>92611738
That specific portal was cursed but there were a small numbers of others he couldve used at the risk of others
>>
File: 1494329048585.jpg (94KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1494329048585.jpg
94KB, 872x685px
>>92611614
I didn't know blotting out or taking up space was a crime. Is Aku a bad person for simply existing now? Jerk.

He didn't kill them preemptively. He defended himself. Aku does not have a single confirmed kill in this show where he wasn't defending himself. Jack on the other hand literally comes out of a time portal and assaults an past version of Aku that didn't even do anything to that future Jack. Matter of fact, past Jack comes to Akus lair and assaults him before he gets thrown into the future.

If you watch this show objectively instead of just thinking Jack is some paragon of goodness, you'd realize Aku seriously does nothing wrong at any point.
>>
File: 1357147027669.png (94KB, 306x243px) Image search: [Google]
1357147027669.png
94KB, 306x243px
>>92611137
>a couple thousand Jews
>holocaust-sceptic retards are on /co/ now
>>
>>92611738
>so why did he not just use the portal from when he beat those archers
IT was a tricking wish well. If he had done his wish, he most likely would have got to the past as wished, but also cursed as his guardian and thus unable to confront and beat Aku.

The wishing well was a dead end all along.
>>
>>92611715
The morals of samurai jack lend that answer to be yes. Why did Jack sacrifice time portals and bestow lessons onto people just to erase them? It was his fault he got tricked into being sent to the future. He failed. The second chance would be to rebuild the future HE let happen.

Bad writing
>>
File: Turtles_are_boring.png (476KB, 504x524px) Image search: [Google]
Turtles_are_boring.png
476KB, 504x524px
>>92611686
>it's okay to kill someone just because the majority doesn't like him
Let's hope you never end up in that situation, pal.
>>
>>92610400
Behead all support Ashi's death.
>>
>>92611698
Even if they're worth less to you I doubt that they'd feel that way about themselves and seeing how none of them give a shit about dying it's just further prove that gendy is literally a hack
>>
File: 09-trolley.w710.h473.jpg (27KB, 645x429px) Image search: [Google]
09-trolley.w710.h473.jpg
27KB, 645x429px
Aku's future causes thousands to be happy, billions to suffer.
Jack trades the lives of the few for the many.
>>
>>92610400

No he didn't?
>>
>>92611735
Yeah it's great that they finally ended it just to literally retcon the entire show in a unearned and forced way
>>
>>92611002
Aku is literally the Japanese word for evil I think it's safe to assume he's killed more than a few people
>>
>>92611768
So what? One is a terrible event that killed millions, but didn't hurt the earth that badly. The other is literally seeing the world take a serious hit on the chin. It's a no brainer that stopping the bombs is the only right thing to do.
>>
>>92611774
I mean come the fuck on if he is just going to sacrifice all of them to go back to the past he could have just done it in the first place and spare them the pain and trouble.

Why did he think "Oh boy I better save them instead of going ot the past, changing the past and making them not suffer in the first place."
>>
>>92611830
If I ever become a celestial terror and the gods themselves try to exterminate me I will understand why they are trying to do so
>>
>>92611602
Well Gods are confirmed to exist. As well as an afterlife. It's not a wild assumption that they all have souls and would just be reborn as something else
>>
>>92611780
Not even going to read all of this bullshit. You're fucking wrong, and stupid. For your sake, you better just be baiting.
>>
Can someone post the link of Jack facefucking Ashi?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>92611780
The army attacked auk because his goo shot was destrying the forest and killing animals and humans,after killing the army ali decides to burn a village to fuck with the guy that let him form a body,how is that not fucking evil
>>
>>92611738
He couldn't be sure it was single timeline until he went back. and also that particular time portal was evil.
>>
>>92611945
https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/6056190
>>
>>92611906
>to literally retcon the entire show in a unearned and forced way
Nothing wasq retconned.

Time alteration within a story isn't retcon.

And if you are against Jack going back to the past to save his people and and undo the evil that is Aku, then , well... you are against the very premise of the show.
>>
>>92611872
Jacks trade means that he can be happy and all the characters that were established on the show are wiped. That's all that matters.

Keep in mind that they all suffered like Jack and all fought aku like Jack, but jacks not a hero anymore so he's the one who walks away with the happy ending. Bad. Writing.
>>
>>92611936
have to be born before you can be reborn
>>
>>92611906
The entire premise of the show was to "retcon" Aku's future.
>>
>>92611928
He didn't know the future would cease to exist(ergo shock at Ashi vanishing)Hell he didn't know he was going to the past until he was already in the portal and after 50 years was he really gonna stop and think before killing aku
>>
>>92610450

Samurai Jack has a confirmed afterlife.

Alll of those millions would get to live on after death as spirits.
Jack, however, wiped out all of those millions from existence. They don't get spirits or an afterlife.

Going back was the worse option.
>>
>>92611995
Jack can literally undo the evil that is aku without going back to the past you mongaloid. He's immortal and his girlfriend is Good Aku. They'd have plenty of time to fix what aku did.
>>
File: 1448205307035.png (313KB, 506x518px) Image search: [Google]
1448205307035.png
313KB, 506x518px
>>92610400
All the people that teamed up to save jack saw Aku's broadcast and knew that Jack's end goal would be to stop this future from ever happening.
Therefore they are willing to be killed/erased rather than letting Aku rule.
>>
>>92611909
A name is just a name
>>92611934
That's you then. Aku was not a confirmed celestial terror and the gods were attacking him unfairly before he even did anything bad. All he did was exist and ask for statues.
>>92611940
You seem upset. Calm down, try to read the post, and try to refute it. If you can't, and/or realize you can only resort to name calling, you might have to take a look in the mirror.
>>92611955
Show me the dead humans Aku killed directly before the army attacks him.

Also he killed the army and destroys the village because those fuckers attacked him first.
>>
>>92611913
>It's a no brainer that stopping the bombs is the only right thing to do.
Maybe if it's so bad that humanity will be completely wiped out and there is no future. But if it's years later and the world has already recovered it's not the right thing to do.
>>
>>92612027
To be fair, nothing had guaranteed that Aku's future would be undone. They could have had Aku die in the future and the past, but the future still remains because of multiverse theory, meaning that Jack's friends would have to contend with rebuilding their world, but at least now without Aku's influence hanging over them while Jack at least manages to create a new future where Aku's evil was never law.
>>
>>92612054
Nope because characters still have attachments, like the Scotsman still gets angry and protective of his daughters when he should know they're not gonna exist anyway.

None of the characters are implied to have any knowledge that they're going to be erased. Bad writing.
>>
>>92612074
GRIFFITH DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>92612074
I don't understand why you think Aku needs to kill people himself to be evil. I mean do you think Hitler wasn't evil because he ordered others to?
>>
>>92612052
Nigga, the entire point of the show as to GET BACK TO THE PAST.
>>
If Jack is still ageless then he'll live into the future to see if any of his friends actually come into existence
>>
File: 1492922992245.png (540KB, 1426x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1492922992245.png
540KB, 1426x1450px
>>92612074
Draw requesting Ashi's mom sitting in front of a computer defending Aku's character on /co/ using posts like these
>>
>>92612074
The army attacked him first,the village full of women and children did not attack him,He'll he even says he's attacking it as "reward" to jacks dad for accidentally helping him get a body,that's not self defense
>>
>>92612052
>Jack can literally undo the evil that is aku without going back to the past
>without going back to the past
So, did you just watch the the few last episode and didn't bother with the rest?

I mean, even if you only watched the last episode of season 5, Aku himself deliver the whole fucking premise: Samurai want to get back to the past to stop Aku from ever taking over the world in the first place.
Ime fucking seriously WHERE YOUNOT PAYING ATTENTION?
>Season 1
>Samurai Jack want to get back to the past and undo Aku
okay
>Season 2
okay
>Season 3
okay
>Season 4
okay
>Season 5
>Samurai Jack actually get back to the past and undo Aku
HOLLY FUCK SAMURAI, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

Like, did you just get on the bandwaggon last night or what?
>>
>>92611637
But then he'd have no way of getting back to the past to un-do all the evil fuckery Aku had done.
>>
>>92612039
>Jack, however, wiped out all of those millions from existence. They don't get spirits or an afterlife.

We don't know that, and the ladybug may indicate that isn't the case. Genndy needs to answer this question.
>>
>>92610497
How the fuck do you know that
>>
>>92612087
>But if it's years later and the world has already recovered it's not the right thing to do.
That's just fucking stupid. Why would it be bad to undo that future just because the world recovered? That's like saying going back to undo a horrible scar is worse than just letting it fade. If you can stop the trauma that causes it, it's objectively the better scenario.
>>
>>92612052
Are you retarded?
>>
>>92612121
Aku didn't even order a kill on anyone. He's only ever ordered the defeat or capture of the Samurai, and that's fair game because Jack is technically a terrorist in the future that is Aku.
>>
File: 1452981921112.jpg (406KB, 703x540px) Image search: [Google]
1452981921112.jpg
406KB, 703x540px
>>92612105
Who's to say that they actually were erased?
Maybe the original timeline still exists and Ashi was erased because she's in the new non-Aku timeline.
>>
>>92612074
Here's your (You) buddy
>>
>>92612169
>it's objectively the better scenario.
Not for anyone who only existed because of those circumstances.
>>
What should have happened
>Jack exits time portal
>Aku catches him on the rebound and sends him to the future again
>>
>>92612174
>Sets up a grand scheme ensuring the suffering of as many lives as possible
>but he didn't actually kill them, he just let them live in torture forever, so he's not evil.
>>
>>92612128
They wouldn't be exactly the same, though. Scotsman wouldn't be a wanted man being sought for capture/execution by the world's leading figure. The dogs may never evolve because humans would still be their masters. And who knows how many aliens would come to earth once humanity reached a space-ready point, much less if aliens want to come as they did before.
>>
>>92612123
>>92612151
Woh! It's like the series claimed to subvert the series, and characters like Jack go on things called "arcs" where he realizes what he thought he wanted wasn't truly what he wanted. What's hard to understand about simple pillars of storytelling?
>>
Another series that can't do time travel right
>Aku never existed so neither did I!
So why didn't ashi vanish instantly when Aku died?
So if we take this approach to the time (single timeline) then ashi never exited then all of the shit never happened and jack never went back to the past so he could never kil Aku and so on.
>>
>>92612074
>You seem upset.
Not an argument, Scrapper.
>>
>>92612165
Ashi disappearing.
>>
I honest don't get how anyone is upset by this. It was the entire fucking point of the show. Get back to the past and undo the evil that was Aku.
>>
>>92611637
You realize if he killed Aku, Ashi would lose the one power that can bring Jack back to the past, right?
>>
>>92612247
Nah, Ashi is the only one we know 100% can't exist, simply because she's a product of Aku and absolutely needs the Aku future to have ever been born.
>>
File: 1.jpg (67KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67KB, 634x476px
>Ashi, you have Aku's powers!
>Gasp, I do!

>bitch jobber Aku being that much of a bitch jobber

>that shoddy Gurren Lagann ending with no Samurai Hobo afterscene

>not ending the show with a WATCHA

Ghost Scotsman and jumping monkeys were the only things that lightened up my mood while watching this.
>>
>>92612147
It is if that village made it known they were upset and posed a threat to Aku after he defended himself from the army.

It's like having to kill someone in front of their brother after they attack you and you see the brother who didn't attack you holding a knife and looking at you with rage in their eyes and saying violent things to you. They would have been okay if they kept their mouth shut.
>>
>>92612151
>Season 1-4
>Samurai Jack wants to get back to the past, but on his journey brings freedom and hope to thousands, inspiring them and giving them the courage to stand up to Aku
>Season 5 if written by someone competent
>Samurai Jack can finally achieve his goal of Going Back to the Past but has grown as a person with his travels and feels a conflict over the connections to people he has made in the future that is must be resolved
>Season 5 as is
>Samurai Jack goes back to the past but only cares about muh waifu
>>
>>92612220
Wow, it's like you're overthinking it and acting like you know better about the story when you really don't.
>>
>>92612173
>no rebuttal

Fuck off gendy apologist. Jack had his chance in the past, now he has to fix the future HE caused because he failed.
>>
>>92612220
>Woh! It's like the series claimed to subvert the series, and characters like Jack go on things called "arcs" where he realizes what he thought he wanted wasn't truly what he wanted
Woh! it's like the series didn't turn out like the headcanon you wanted it to be.

I mean, fuck, Season 5 literally start with Jack dealing with the guilt of being unable to save his people from the tyranny of Aku. the guy is literally haunted by the death of all his people under his wrath. You'd think that would still be something mattering to him?
>>
File: 1463820157336.png (88KB, 450x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463820157336.png
88KB, 450x400px
>>92612224
Ashi vanished because the new timeline couldn't change to accommodate her.
Jack had an equivalent that he could take the place of (his past self who got sent to the future), but Ashi didn't.
The ripple of the change (Aku's death) took a short while to reach the point in the future where Ashi would have been born.
>>
>>92612074
Aku calls his own law "evil", Aku knows he's evil and doesn't care because he enjoys killing and terrorizing. How can you say Aku didn't kill any innocents when he literally destroyed the village Jack lived in/has hired bounty hunters. Even if somehow Aku didn't kill a single innocent person in the village he destroyed , his actions and demands obviously got people killed as we see that Scaramouche fucking wiped out a town just to get Jack to visit. Aku also has so many bounty hunters and hired killers he can make a list of favorites.
>>
File: Aku btfo.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Aku btfo.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>92612265
>Ghost Scotsman and jumping monkeys were the only things that lightened up my mood while watching this.

What about Aku being JUSTed by a giant stone samurai?
>>
>>92612279
He cared about his family and people too, you mong. He literally says he only has MEMORIES of them all. And the whole beginning arc was him wondering if they hated him for failing them.
>>
>>92612244
Neither is throwing ad hominem and continuing to ignore
>>92611780
Because your feefees are hurt that someone is watching this show, thinking about the events that transpire logically and not emotionally, realizing that Aku legitimately is not that bad of a person, and realizing the main character is arguably just as bad or even worse than Aku.
>>
>>92612291
But he didn't failed. It took awhile, but he went back and killed Aku. He did his job. Don't get what all the damn whining is about.
>>
>>92612281
>can't fathom the benefits to not going back to the past
>says I don't understand anything

Hilariosu!
>>
>>92612279
>>Samurai Jack goes back to the past but only cares about muh waifu
1. Ashi actually made that decision for Jack.
2. Then Jack only cared about his duty of beating Aku.

It's only once victorious he started turning his mind toward the future, but then time travel rules made a future with Ashi impossible.
>>
File: 1453646796258.gif (496KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1453646796258.gif
496KB, 500x385px
>>92612337
He did as much wrong as Griffith, which is to say as much as you think he did.
>>
>>92612202
Torture? He gave the people jobs.
>>
File: timelineerasing.gif (3MB, 497x371px) Image search: [Google]
timelineerasing.gif
3MB, 497x371px
TIMELINE ERASIN
>>
File: 1458025569888.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1458025569888.gif
408KB, 500x345px
The whole early seasons premise of Jack being depressed about no time portals being left falls apart when you consider he's known since season 1 that time travel is possible via scientific methods due to the astronauts episode.
>>
File: DrAku5.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
DrAku5.png
1MB, 1600x900px
You what sucks about Aku. His malaise never got a resolve.
>>
>it should have ended with him accepting the future
We've seen that done in many stories with time travel already. To actually see something end where the future is erased is pretty rare. The only real issue that Jack should have been shown lamenting the fact that everyone was erased, then maybe traveling the world to spread the tales of the wonders and good people he met, so that they could live on in legends of a time that never was. I could easily imagine him going to the Scotland and telling about the Scotsman, inspiring him as a kind of folktale figure amongst the people there.
>>
>>92612309
Ashi was supposedly Aku so why couldn't she take his place then?
Also if it really was another timeline then what happened to the jack that got send into the future? That means that this jack that came back is not the "real" jack of this timeline, and what happens if the real jack finds a way to travel back trough time and comes back?

Too many loopholes, if you want to do time time travel just do it with different time lines so whatever the fuck you want to happen can happen.
>>
>>92612379

There's also the whole missing sword thing, which was a bigger issue
>>
>>92612387
It did more or less when he got to see Jack again and win against him.
>>
>>92610400
made Ashi a time anomaly lost between Jack's past and Aku's future. Jack would then patiently wait and search for his waifu, be it in two days or a century
>>
>>92612387
It did when he realized he had a beautiful daughter who would torture Samurai Jack for him, as long as he...encouraged her.

But sadly, she chose the FOOOOOLISH SAMURAI BOYFRIEND over her father. Kids!
>>
>>92612316
As viewers we see that Aku has bounty hunters he only ever sends after Jack. What they do in their spare time is on their hands.
Also calling his law evil doesn't make it evil. I could rape you can call it good, and that doesn't make it good.
>>
>>92612387
It kind of did with Scaramouch belatedly telling him that Jacko lost his swordo. Aku's funk was all because he knew Jack wouldn't die of old age, and might even have the sword which he was clearly getting tired of being cut up by whenever Jack got a direct hit on him.
>>
>>92612403
>a future ruled by Empress Ashi and her immortal samurai prince consort

I kinda wonder how that would've panned out
>>
>>92612403
>Ashi was supposedly Aku
No, she was a daughter of Aku.
In the new timeline, Aku was killed before he instigated the birth of the Daughters of Aku.
>what happens if the real jack finds a way to travel back trough time and comes back?
He probably has no need to because the future was already saved.
>>
>>92612337
Nigger, you're literally ignoring direct confirmations of the atrocities committed by Aku and that he was evil both in nature and actions.

Stay the fuck wrong.
>>
>>92612347
He fucked up in the past by underestimating aku. It's his fault the future was the way it was.
>>
File: Aku Fades Away.jpg (242KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Aku Fades Away.jpg
242KB, 1600x800px
He'll live forever in our hearts.
>>
>>92612298
He's haunted because he can't let go of the past. Finally being able to would've been a satisfying character arc in its own right.
>>
>>92612465
>ignoring direct confirmations of the atrocities committed by Aku
Cool, show me a clip of Aku committing an atrocity with his own hands in the show that's not him defending himself or disciplining his subordinates.
>>
I wonder how the ending would have been if it had Jack looking at imaginary images of all his friends and allies and him wondering if he really did the right thing instead of the lady bug
>>
>>92612470
I'm pretty sure he had no fucking idea that Aku had the power to rip open portals in time when he first fought him. He dealt with his shapeshifting abilities, so if Aku hadn't sudden pulled that out of his ass, Jack would've won there and then.
>>
>>92612472
>Evil monster
>Still feel bad knowing he was going to die in the end
It hurts bro.
>>92611780
>Aku Apologists
>>
>>92612513
Well Aku himself said he unleashed an "unspeakable evil" long ago in a distant land. Not even Aku tries to defend his own actions.
>>
>>92612513
Try watching the show, like the pilot where he attacks Jack's home completely unprovoked.

Oh but wait, you'll just say it was him getting back because of his imprisonment or some horseshit.
>>
>>92612560
And just because he calls it evil doesn't make it evil.
>>
File: jashi 2.jpg (52KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
jashi 2.jpg
52KB, 1200x675px
>yfw fucking ZONE of all people was backing a comfy vanilla ship and was distraught enough to tweet about the bitter end before resuming stream

You can't just do that, Genndy.
>>
>>92612449
>No, she was a daughter of Aku.
But she was not his "daughter" in normal biological sense, she was "made of" aku, she was basically him in another form.

>He probably has no need to because the future was already saved.
But why would he chose to live in an unknown future instead of going back trough time to live his old life in peace?
>>
>>92612527
It certainly would have added a bit more weight, at least in that he wasn't thinking solely of Ashi and nobody else.
>>
>>92612565
>not the Episode where he torches the Emperor's castle
>>
>>92612529
So right, you're saying he underestimated him even after his father told him that evil will find a way. It's his fault, he lost, then he ran away from the future he made.
>>
>>92612570
Are you questioning the words from the master of masters?
>>
>>92612581
>why would he chose to live in an unknown future instead of going back trough time to live his old life in peace?
I think it's more that the new future may have no time portals to the past.
>>
>>92612565
He doesn't attack Jacks homeland unprovoked. He walks into town and then the gongs are sounded and he's attacked by Archers. He doesn't even destroy the countryside or the village on his walk over. He goes directly to the emperor presumably to ask about a statue and get lit up with arrows. Jacks village cannot be mad at Aku for retaliating to that unprovoked attack.
>>
Hiro needs to nuke this entire site. Fuck this autistic gay shit

>HERP DERP SHOULD HERO KILL VILLAIN
>>
>>92612620
>He goes directly to the emperor presumably to ask about a statue and get lit up with arrows
So what you're saying is that he should have seen the guy about a horse.
>>
>>92612612
Yup
>>
>>92612492
>Finally being able to would've been a satisfying character arc in its own right.
Letting go the fate of a whole nation counting on you when you actually have the opportunity to save them would have been non-sensical.
>>
File: 1494735065710.png (157KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1494735065710.png
157KB, 500x374px
>>92612654
Then I guess it wouldn't be evil if Aku decided to destroy you for talking shit.
>>
>>92612653
No I'm saying the emperor should have heard him out and talked instead of being a spook and ordering the army to attack the guy who just walked into town.
>>
>>92612602
That's in the pilot.
>>
>>92612620
Do you enjoy forcing this stupid meme?
>>
>>92612630
He could've killed him in the future you mong. Go back, back to the reddit
>>
>>92612681
...ok?
>>
>>92612657
He already lost his entire nation when aku beat him in the past. He. Lost.
>>
File: rf aku topper kek.png (252KB, 610x601px) Image search: [Google]
rf aku topper kek.png
252KB, 610x601px
Greg Baldwin had one farewell message:

https://twitter.com/GregBaldwinIroh/status/866384652453371904

I know some of you will cringe, but it made me smile.
>>
>>92612694
>this series ends how I SAY IT ENDS or it's shit
>>
>>92612685
>this much fucking delusion

Ok, maybe you aren't Scrapper. Scrapper at least fucking tries to make some sense with his bullshit "muh favorite characters aren't so bad" with some shred of evidence. You're just spouting completely tripe because you can't grasp the fact that Aku was literally made of evil itself and did evil things because it's his goddamn nature.
>>
>>92612688
It's not a meme. If you go back and watch the first episode Aku literally just walks into Jacks town, goes to the emperors place, and then is assaulted by a firing squad. He doesn't hurt anyone.
>>
File: SamuraiJackbestending.png (47KB, 1322x264px) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiJackbestending.png
47KB, 1322x264px
>>92610400
>>
File: 3.png (26KB, 345x504px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
26KB, 345x504px
>>92612685
>spook
So that's what it's all about.
>>
File: SJV.jpg (40KB, 1143x745px) Image search: [Google]
SJV.jpg
40KB, 1143x745px
Was it vore?
>>
>>92612763
Last (You).

>>92612726
Top kek man, that's genuinely funny
>>
>>92612764
>fans had to write a better ending

Thanks, Genndy.
>>
>>92612763
It was still Aku's fault for not being patient.
Surely he should have known that people would think he's dangerous from his appearance.
>>
>>92612074
>people are seriously trying to protect Aku
(You)
>>
>>92612791
Stop feeding him for fuck's sake, he's either an aspie or he's forcing this meme. Is this what you want?
>>
>>92612730
Well no the series could've ended well enough with him going back to the past, but it wasn't done well here. Him staying in the future is too big for your peewee brainlet to understand "b-but he said the entire series he needed to go back! I will not stand for this!"
>>
All this discussion about the ending just proves it was actually good and thought provoking.
>>
>>92612763
He ripped the goddamn roof you idiotic mongoloid retard dipshit delusional fuckwit cock sucking buffoon.
>>
>>92612724
And? Losing once doesn't mean you should renounce to victory when given a new opportunity.
>>
>>92612686
I mean when Jack's dad makes him sentient, can't remember the name again
>>
>>92612812
>HOW
>I
>SAY
>IT
>ENDS
>>
>>92612309
>>92612358

If Jack is able to kill Aku after coming back to the past without
having to disappear himself, he is subject to a linear time
progression from personal perspective and thus subject to temporal
isolation - he exists in reality independently of causality because he
is inserted and reinserted between time periods, separating him from
any cause and effect as a result. Jack exists as an entity fixed in
space regardless where he is in time.

Given that Ashi travels with him, she is subject to the same principle
and as such should be able to exist after going back to the past
regardless of what happened. In effect she takes herself out of a
future that won't exist, but due to principle of conservation of
matter and energy, there is no way for her to disappear, her presence
in the past is already decoupled from the events of the future that
has not yet occurred and won't occur, otherwise time travel to the
past is impossible for anyone.

I think the big failing of all time travel stories is the failure to
acknowledge that the cause and effect and past events in linear
storytelling cannot violate laws of thermodynamics when matter (in
this case people) are moved in between time periods. Any and all
paradoxes instantly resolve themselves when presence of physical
matter is fixed in particular time-space and not subject to causality
which becomes irrelevant the moment you travel back in past to alter
it.
>>
>>92612813
People are debating endings that should've happened, not the one we got.

The only question this ending gives us is plot holes. It's shit.
>>
>>92612813
but /co/ only talks about bad things.
>>
>>92612739
https://youtu.be/vMyScF0ccV4
Watch from 4:00-5:30

He literally walks into town, they sound a gong, he tries to see the emperor and gets lit up with arrows, spears, and flaming rocks. He doesn't even hurt anyone before that.
>>
>>92612853
>should've happened

WAAAAH WHY DIDN'T GENNDY DO WHAT I WANTED HIM TO DO WAAAAAAAAH
>>
File: 1472151747147.png (102KB, 356x438px) Image search: [Google]
1472151747147.png
102KB, 356x438px
>>92611137
>Implying I'd help them
>>
>>92612823
The new opportunity could have been the future he was flung into, bringing peace to all with his aku lite girlfriend etc.

But nope, magical second chances! Yay!
>>
>>92612815
Of the emperors house so he could ask a question about a statue. Notice he didn't destroy anything else!
>>
File: niggaz.png (120KB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
niggaz.png
120KB, 316x320px
ITT: we prove that we're no better than /tv/ and probably even worse
>>
I'm more mad at the fact that Aku didn't shapeshift AT ALL into a single animal this whole season
>>
>>92612832
Hey gendy, I know you're mad how people are coming up with better endings but feel free to do more damage control
>>
>>92612861
>>92612888
>this fucking delusional

Fine, here's the (you).
>>
>>92612791
I can agree with that, but it's still fucked up they attacked him. All he did was show up in town and try to talk to the emperor.
>>
File: 1495409643493.png (67KB, 380x370px) Image search: [Google]
1495409643493.png
67KB, 380x370px
>>92612900
We already knew that, you fuck.
>>
>>92612923
>PANDER
>TO
>ME
>WAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>92612870
Like make a good series? Are you actually upset that people don't like your show?
>>
>>92610400
>Jack was surprised when Ashi disappeared
I assume this means he had no idea how time travel paradoxes work thus could not be knowingly committing a selfish act
>>
>>92612929
So then where the rest of the destruction and people killed, anon? Aku didn't kill anyone until those or destroy that village utility those people attacked him.
>>
>>92612933
If you saw a demon at your doorstep, your kneejerk reaction would probably be to assume that he means you harm.
>>
File: fag.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>92612960
>>
File: 1426198067296.jpg (26KB, 383x287px) Image search: [Google]
1426198067296.jpg
26KB, 383x287px
>this ENTIRE thread
>>
>>92612844
>Given that Ashi travels with him, she is subject to the same principle
No, there is a difference. JAck go forth and back. Ashi only come back.

I guess Jack is preserved because he only come back from a potential future, but his own origin is grounded in the past. Ashi, on the other hand has er own origin only grounded in a potential future, which make her a susceptible to time alteration.
>>
>>92612974
Why would that be my knee-jerk reaction? Especially if I see the rest of the neighborhood is in perfect condition and unharmed?
>>
>>92612970
>ignoring the literal burning hellscape that Aku has made of Jack's homeland
>"Oh, but nobody died!"
Nice. Delusion.
>>
>>92612974
I get those every other weekend. I just politely but firmly tell them I don't entertain solicitors
>>
>>92612861
>He doesn't even hurt anyone before that.
Uh, yes he does. That time when he put the whole country on fire before being entraped in a tree. He did all that unprovoked.
>>
>>92612980
There are 2 things going on:

>either aspies defending aku for aspie reasons and retards answering or shitposters baiting retards by defending aku
>manchildren crying their headcanon didn't happen 100% the way they wanted it and they start bitching about the finale

Just another /co/ thread
>>
>>92613027
What if the demon then rips out your front door?
Wouldn't you be at least a little cautious?
>>
>>92612121
You mean to tell me that Hitler was evil because some pricks killed people in his name?
>>
>>92613037
I'm not saying nobody died. I'm saying Aku only has killed in self defense or to straighten out his subordinates like Scaramouche.
Aku literally doesn't attack anyone until he is attacked in episode 1. The burning hellscape that Jacks homeland becomes is totally on his father. Aku didn't do anything except lift a roof to see the emperor before he was attacked.
>>
>>92610400
The guy is the most selfless motherfucker ever. He gave up a future with friends and wife, so that he could save the untold billions that Aku slaughtered. He created a future for those people where they were happier, because Aku never ruined everything.
>>
>>92610400
>Is Samurai Jack the most selfish cartoon character?
No. There are worse.
True... To some extent.
>He was prepared to kill the Scotsman and all the people he helped just so he could live his original life.
False. The term "kill" is misleading at best. He's prepared to kill Aku, and undo his countless centuries of tyranny.
>Jack deleted all of the Scotsman's daughters, his "Pride and Joy" from existence.
That's subjective. Everyone is not a spawn of Aku.
>Is Jack the real villain? To kill all these people that created an existence in despite of Aku?
Hell no. He killed Aku, spared shit ton of lives from Aku's misery & evil doing.
>>
>>92613069
I ask him what he wants.
>>
>>92613092
Keep telling yourself that, retard. I honestly can't imagine anybody being as fucking deluded as you to think that Aku never did anything wrong and that it was all in self-defence.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>92613116
He says that he would like to place an order for delivery.
>>
>>92610400
Yeah man, it's not like all of them were either dead or on the verge of dying by mini-Akus at that very moment, right?
>>
>>92613143
So show me what he did wrong. Show me a scene where he wasn't attacked first when he was simply walking around or when he wasn't straightening out his subordinates.
>>
>>92613143
Will you fucking stop feeding him, for God's sake anon, it's like this is your first day here
>>
File: Aku in the computer.jpg (102KB, 638x471px) Image search: [Google]
Aku in the computer.jpg
102KB, 638x471px
>>92613145
I̤͇̳̯̘͊̒̊̒͗ͯ ̬̦̝̩̰͔͕ͯ̽̿T͔̘͈̝̹͓͓̒̄H̦͛͌̇͋Ì̥͊̂N͔͔K̰̳̜͎ͩ̑ ͈̩̘̳͎Ī͓͕̤̞̈́̌̚'̭̠̞̣̂M̜̗̩̘͇͗ͤ̉ͭ ̹̳͚̯̞̮̭̉́ͪÎ̌N̦͉͛̐ͦ ͍̮̹̠͓͊ͅT͈̜̣̏̔H̫̣̩̤̱E̱̼̓ͦ͗ͩ̽ ͚̪C̞̝̭̝̱͋̾Ő̤̰̠̙̣͓M̘ͭ͂̉ͮ̔̌P̘̜̺̞̊ͧͪ̉̇ͦU͚̼͔̥̻͙̥̓Ṱ̼̳̹̖̰̔ͬ͋ͤ͑̄E̥̰͖̟̠̪̹Ṛ̑̋ͫ͒̒̓̊
>>
>>92613052
I don't remember seeing a scene with any dead bodies. Or is burning empty fields a crime now? Better alert the farmers.
>>
>>92612861
It gets even better. In the birth of evil the darkness just sprung into existance doing nothing really when to gods starting to attack without provocation. As is it's mere existance was a crime. No wonder it became evil
>>
>>92612724
And then he went back into the past and saved his entire nation by killing Aku you fucking autist
>>
>>92610400
How many times do I need to repeat myself, everyone in the future already knew Jack wanted to go back to the past when they swooced in to save him. It was made abundantly clear that Jack had this endgame because of the old intro Aku put on the screens, and they all wanted Jack to succeed because they knew the world would be better without Aku's takeover.

>They all stopped existing
We have no way of knowing Ashi fading away wasn't just because she went to the past instead of "the future not existing." The rules were vague as hell.
>>
>>92613248
So explain why the Scotsman wanted Jack to marry his daughter if they were both about to pop out of existence?
>>
Is this the most autistic thread in 4chan history? Not likely, but it has to be top 20.
>>
>>92610494
>Long ago in a distant land, I Ali, World Boxing Champion of evil, unleashed an UNSPEAKABLE match.
>But a FOOOOLISH Warrior, weilding a magic glove stepped forth to oppose me
>Before the final blow was struck, I opened a magic portal and threw him into the future, where my Championship is Law
>Now the fool seeks to return to the match and undo the evil that is Ali
>Gotta get back, back to the past, Boxer Frazier!
>>
If past Jack gets sent to the future in the timeline where Aku is killed, what does he find in the future?
>>
>>92613234
Exactly. Aku seriously isn't that bad. His biggest crime is probably calling himself evil when he really isnt.
>>
>>92612074
AKU DID NOTHING WRONG
THOSE PEOPLE ENSLAVED THEMSELVES
IT WAS OUT OF SELF DEFENSE
>>
File: 13 10.jpg (93KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
13 10.jpg
93KB, 640x427px
>>92613319
All this autistic garbage was worth it. Brava big guy
>>
>>92613330
Enslaved? He brought them jobs, big wondeful cities, and a booming economy. The only people who remotely got "enslaved" were prisoners or criminals who assaulted him first, like Jacks father.
>>
>>92610494
>Prince Aku, Fabulous Dude, Master of evil
>Strong as ten, regular men, true devil
>He faced the Galloping Hordes
>A foolish Samurai with a Sword
>He sent him to where his evil is law, did Prince Aku.
>>
>>92613264
Maybe the Scotsman is as time-ignorant as Jack.
>>
>>92613365
It's telling how autistic this board is when you get 3 replies explaining to you how you're wrong and no one realizes you're b8ing.
>>
>>92611715
The big difference is that at least one "heaven" is canon in SJ. All the dead from the past had that as a reward for their suffering, the erased souls have nothing.
>>
>>92613192
Fuck you.
>>
>>92613418
Who's b8ing?
>>
Jack wasn't selfish. He was naive. He repeatedly in the original show would sacrifice going back in time to save a few individuals. I can say with a fact he doesn't understand how time travel works. If he destroyed a time portal in order to save cursed beings I can tell you he didn't know how rewriting history would work.
>>
>>92613449
No one
>>
>>92612726
beautiful
>>
>>92612162
>genndy needs to answer that
I agree, it would completely change the implications of the finale
>>
>>92613420
And yet at least now if the people are ever born again, they'll be able to exist in a world untainted by Aku's evil.
>>
File: woaeeeehhh.png (425KB, 817x573px) Image search: [Google]
woaeeeehhh.png
425KB, 817x573px
What if the future timeline dissolved slowly, like a wave of non-existence enveloping everything. It took a while so that's why Ashi didn't fade so quickly.

>yfw the rest knew they were about to be wiped out and died in utter terror
>>
File: my_sides.png (811KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
my_sides.png
811KB, 800x560px
>>92612726
>>
>>92613491
Other ones I wanna know:

-Is Aku REALLY dead? I mean, it seems like it, but Aku has come back before.

-How did things shake out for the future folks? Did they still get born in happier lives?

-Just how long passed between Jack returning from the future and the wedding?
>>
File: comic rick jack.jpg (569KB, 636x3612px) Image search: [Google]
comic rick jack.jpg
569KB, 636x3612px
Ribbit's alternative epilogue, as opposed to the one we had in the stick.
>>
>>92613286
>top 20.
I think you underestimate how low can 4chan go.
>>
Not gonna (you) at the autist just in case he is trolling, and not just wrong, but to be clear..

Timeline was Aku is created from a shard of some galactic being who is in opposition to Ra, Odin, and Rama.

Aku lands on earth and becomes a dark and expanding forest.

This dark forest eats a goat and expands, uprooting the landscape and causing destruction to the surroundings.

We then see an oriental town in ruins, destroyed by the black woods.

Finally the woods have expanded outside of the emp's house, and he goes to drive it away, as he assumes it will destroy his land just as it has others.

Aku... "gets rid of" several of emp's guards. Their armor shows up later, empty, but i suppose no bodies are shown.

Emp now attacks Aku with an arrow, giving his body shape.

I would argue that Aku, and even the entity he was before, initiated violence against mankind as a whole. Also yes, burning the empire's fields is a crime. Thats someones property, asshole.
>>
File: 1494463371798.gif (452KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494463371798.gif
452KB, 540x500px
>>92613502
Except the only one who matters
>>
File: IMG_2291.gif (592KB, 360x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2291.gif
592KB, 360x184px
>>92613466
>>
>>92613508
That's pretty much the only way to look at it.

As for whether everyone was terrified, some may have realized what they had allowed to happen and accepted it, knowing that at least now there would be a future without Aku's presence.
>>
>>92613601
She's waiting for Jack when he passes on.
>>
File: top lad.png (500KB, 518x531px) Image search: [Google]
top lad.png
500KB, 518x531px
>>92613612
Pretty hot desu
>>
File: 1410096429453.gif (978KB, 154x154px) Image search: [Google]
1410096429453.gif
978KB, 154x154px
>>92613407
>>
There was no point in him killing aku in the future if he had to go back to the past and kill him again.

Wouldn't that make it unnecasary since that futire would have already not happened?
>>
>>92613644
But her soul never existed. How can I get that out of my head?
>>
>>92613003
Re-read the whole argument. Travel to the past already decouples you from causality and in linear time perspective, it fixes the matter in whatever time you decide to deploy it. In no way would time travel cause a "disappearance" of someone, or Jack would have to disappear as well, as his time travel is dependent on the same causality as Ashi's existence (disregarding the fact that it violates the fundaemntal thermodynamics at this point).

Ashi disappearing is plot magic, and should have not have happened if you decide to throw BS exposition our way as her last words.

Last time someone tried to be clever with time travel was Bioshock Infinite and it ended with pants on head retarded explanations.
>>
>>92613590
Aku lands on earth as a result of the actions of the gods attacking him. He is likely scared an unsure of what is happening, and as a dark forest he is just roaming the land and we still see no dead bodies left from its movement. He eats a goat because he is hungry. He is not a threat to mankind. Man then attacks him and he defends himself.
Lastly burning those fields isn't a crime when there's nobody there. Who's to say those fields belonged to the empire? Aku was bullied by the gods, then bullied by man. You cannot fault him for defending himself.
>>
>>92613709
Aku please go
>>
>>92610400
>everything that existed.

Sure if by anything you mean robots.
>>
>>92613664
For Jack it would have meant he was being thorough. To him, killing Aku in the future would mean freeing it from the sorcerer's control, then doing it again in the past would be (to Jack who likely doesn't know about paradoxes) him freeing his time from Aku's wrath. Had someone told him about the likelihood of the future being erased, Jack might have weighed his options before returning.
>>
>>92610400
By this logic everyone who uses a condom is a mass-murderer. Taking an action that will prevent someone from ever existing isn't the same as murdering them.
Aku would have brought about an era of oppression and suffering. Jack prevented this. His actions were totally justified.
>>
>>92613709
>ignoring the literal fact that the presence Aku spawned from was consuming worlds and blanketing the universe in a cold darkness
>>
>>92613728
Oh so it's a crime to get hungry after the gods beat you up, huh? All he did was eat a goat and got shot with an arrow and then defended himself.

We don't even see him kill any of the emperor's guards as the black forest. That's speculation and heresay.
>>
>>92613709
...You know you can do this with anything though, right? Any action can be justified by backtracking enough. and besides, we know the character we follow allies himself with Ra, Odin, and Rama, so if you really wanna ride this "Aku did nothing wrong" angle, then can you at least accept that he was on the opposite side of an ancient conflict where we follow one side as it fights against another.

Also, why does everything have to show bodies on screen? Even if, by your reaaaaally stretched imagination, no one died in the village, the Forrest destroyed the homes of hundreds and displaced them. Does that not warrant some form of attack? How must you be attacked before you may retaliate with justification in your world?
>>
>>92610662
Yeah, remember the time when the shaolin monks where about to die and Jack returnt to help them instead of entering the portal?
Jack is a true hero yo
>>
>>92613793
It may not be murder, but the idea that Jack is responsible for everyone being unmade is a pretty heavy thing no matter how you look at it. The problem lies in that we don't see Jack at least contemplating this realization, and wondering if his quest was really worth it if meant effectively undoing all the good he caused in that future that no longer exists.
>>
>>92610400
Guess what? Gaijin are worth less to Jack than his civilization in the end, too bad for you I guess
>>
>>92613800
The universe IS A cold darkness. And we don't know that aku ate any planets because the gods beat him up before he did. The other guy aku broke off from though is someone else entirely different and it's not right to blame aku for the sins of the father.
>>
>>92610797
Just for him whe aren't living under the domination on the Aku's minions you bastard
>>
>>92613684
Samurai Jack's more mystic elements lie in eastern ideas about life and death. Souls don't get created or destroyed, they get born into life or they don't. Ashi and Jack are tied by the whole 'red string of fate' idea, and the ladybug motif and yin-yang imagery, they'll be together again.
>>
File: 1495403571096.png (336KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495403571096.png
336KB, 1280x720px
>>92613888
>thinking about it more deeply than Genndy
>>
>>92610662
It does make you wonder how they would feel if they knew their timeline would vanish once Jack accomplished his goal. I can imagine a lot of them would be accepting, if only because to know (however briefly) that there will be a world that never knows of Aku's evil would give them some solace, even if not all of them are quite able to grasp the concept of existential erasure. Scotsman would probably insist that they'll come back in some way, even if they aren't who they were before.
>>
>>92613880
>And we don't know that aku ate any planets because the gods beat him up before he did.
Except we literally see the darkness that spawned him eating worlds. Stay wrong.
>>
>>92613987
>the darkness that spawned him
Glad you agree they're two different entities.
>>
>>92610400
You people need to see this from an adult perspective.

The attachment you have to the cast of the original run is evidence that this show is impactful you because you grew up with it and/or its generally a work of art and a great show as well. Either way, you care more about their lives, some small yet significant amount of people with newfound hope rather than anyone else who suffered from Akus wrath.

Millions of lives were destroyed. Cultures and peoples decimated. Suffering of unprecedented proportions for eons.

This was one of the worst possible outcomes for humanity and life in general but you're too sentimental towards the only lives you saw presented to you because the show is a master of storytelling, and ill give you that, but stop and think of it from an outside perspective. A simple matter of numbers if you need to

To undo the future that is Aku is to restore balance to the world and save humanity. Thats what Jack knew from the very start. Its what he said all the time and was mentioned in the opening intro and the god damn song as well. This is from the responsible and noble viewpoint.

This is not even mentioning Jacks own family, people, and culture as well.
>>
>>92614011
>>92610400
What makes the last scene pretty fucking sad but very touching and heartwarming is that Jack touching the ladybug again makes him realize a small truth. Not something that can make the pain go away but something that helps him heal.. Is that he remembered Ashi valued life and life's beauty in nature. And as he waves off the ladybug he sees the sun melt the fog and illuminate the valley of trees. Beautiful, and as real as he described them to Ashi, who imagined a reality so pure and bliss when she envisioned it in ep.5. And its the very same valley he took her too to see the one tree Aku left as a sign of his destruction.

He stands underneath it and realizes this is truly a world Ashi would have wanted to live in. Something she never had growing up in a life of pain and abuse and misery. A life dedicated to killing him. And sure enough, she ended up saving him instead. Because he saved hers. She was doomed from birth and yet he broke through to her and showed her a whole new reality. One of love and freedom. See it as living on borrowed time if you will. But she would have given her life for his because of this. For this reality Jack sought all those years.

And that gives him peace
>>
File: rf jack growing stronger.png (695KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rf jack growing stronger.png
695KB, 1280x720px
>>92613950
Nah, I think some degree of thought went into it. Ladybugs weren't chosen at random. A Japanese tea ceremony wasn't chosen at random. A shinigami was not chosen at random.

It's all fictionalized and tweaked for a setting that isn't really eastern and viewed through the lens of a naturalized Russian Jewish-American, but it's there.

So begone, Suicide Jack.
>>
>>92611342
>Aku killed a lot of people in the past (Even on older season you can see this)
>Aku slaved not only this world, also others (Aliens on earth and that stuff)
>Created minions to help him rule the world/space
>Killed Scaramouche

Aku is th representation of pure Evil, don't get that point lost
>>
>>92613868
He's been considering it for 50 years. And we've heard it repeated for 5 seasons. Gotta get back to the past, undo the future that is Aku, etc.
>>
>>92614004
Never said that, and you're wrong.
>>
>>92613225
Burning house and town, empty or not, is definitely a crime.
>>
>>92614137
That doesn't mean he knew that the future would be undone, though. As far as Jack is concerned, he would return and defeat Aku, and see that world continue with Aku to fuck things up.
>>
>>92611534
It's the same Jack you fucktard
>>
>>92612767
It was Akira
>>
>>92611690
>>92611534
Past Jack going into the Future just means that it's a stable time loop. The events of the series are going to happen, the timeline just stops immediately after Jack and Ashi leave the future.
>>
>>92613888
Do you really think that can transcend cosmic laws?
>>
At least it makes sense compared to Onimusha 3 where fucking Sam gets sent to the future, then comes back to the past just as his past self is literally killed with no effect on present-Sam, who then just absorbs the dead him and that's it.
>>
>>92614152
How so?
>>
>>92614136
>Killed Scaramouche
I'll give you that. But the other I can't say for sure. I never saw any bodies, and most things done were not carried out by aku, but by bounty hunters gone mad with power. Aku only ever asks them to go after Jack.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (10KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
10KB, 251x200px
>>92614291
I don't think it has to. Ashi isn't a demon, a corporeal spirit. She's still a human (of sorts) with a human soul (certainly). She just got shuffled off back to whereever souls are kept when they're not being born into new life.

The only question is whether she'll remember Jack.
>>
Wait, how do we know the future was undone? What if Jack stayed in the future and Ashi disappeared because Aku passively maintained her existence or something?
>>
>>92614386
What about the Ultra oppressive government that Aku puts in place?

are you building up to "Hitler did nothing wrong"?
>>
>>92610400
Why did Jack go out of his way to help people in the future and postpone his getting back to the past, if he was eventually going to actually go through with it anyway? And with Ashi in the picture too, he had to have known killing past Aku would make it so she would never exist. After all this time I figured they were setting up for Jack realizing/accepting that it would be for the best to remain in the future and build a better world.
>>
>>92614173
Better say something about Jack attacking innocent beasts in the wild or destroying the insides of a giant monster in that episode where he was hanging with Ashi. Or him destroying the insides of that abandoned prison. Still a crime, right?
>>
>>92614386
Watch the old show
>>
>>92610450
By fucking killing them first
>>
>>92614434
I think that's what he did in the comics.

In the end, the finale only made me question the entire series. He should have taken the very first portal that wasn't a monkey's paw.
>>
>>92614338
It was all one entity, nothing at all indicated that Aku was its "child".
>>
>>92614452
Well to Jack they were just Gaijin and therefor just nuts and bolts so I think it is OK
>>
>>92614426
Oppresive? How so?
Also Hitler did everything wrong.
>>92614450
He doesn't do anything in the old show either. Everything is self defense or heresay from people who likely attacked him first like Jacks dad and army did.
>>
>>92614434
Its not in his nature/personal ethics to abandon someone in need if he can helo it

Ashi didnt give him a choice, but more importantly, all the people who he saved, most in a way where he gave up an opportunity to get back to the past, came willingly to help him get there in the final battle, finally ready to return the favors he did them so selflessly before
>>
>>92614477
Would you call Ashi and Aku the same person?
>>
>>92614426
What? Oppressive? It was the most Progressive government in history! All that diversity; just inviting any alien who wants to join Earth in: Wonderful! BUT THAT FUCKING BIGIOT JACK RUINED EVERYTHING FOR HIS SHITTY CULTURE
>>
>>92614521
I know youre baiting, but the first episodes along with Jack and the Lava Monster directly tell accounts of Akus unwarranted destruction

You sound like Ashi demanding proof of Akus evil in ep.5
>>
>>92614434
Odds are if he had just killed future Aku, Ashi might have survived through some bullshit "that part of me is gone now" deal, but it's hard to say. She was part human, but Aku's death could have still ended her existence even if they stayed in that time. As for others, it's hard to say if Jack understood that possibility as time travel was an unheard of concept to someone like him. Not to mention they could have easily have gone with the multiverse theory and had it that the future remains regardless of Jack killing the Aku from the time he was originally flung into the future.
>>
>>92613573
What if Aku only can use just a single timeline,
but Rick's portal gun can jump between several timelines?
>>
>>92614521
Episode one, has an alien species who he destroys the planet of. takes all the refugees and puts them in work camps.

Thats pretty oppressive, and done directly by him.

But im gonna assume you only watched S5, so how about how his policies allow random space criminals to move into occupied territories, with the implication that they can cause violence?

And im not sure if I ever saw any on screen deaths Hitler personally executed. Thats kinda the logic you are running on.
>>
Hey dumbass, by killing Aku he erased centuries of suffering and oppression. Just because the Scotsman was doing alright it doesn't mean the whole planet was happy. Everyone that Jack never crossed paths to help was miserable, constantly.
In the end erasing everyone he knew and all his actions was a sacrifice, not selfishness.
Damn, yall are dumb.
>>
>>92614548
No, because Ashi was the child of a woman who consumed a piece of Aku's very being. That's entirely different.
>>
>>92614597
Alu did nothing wrong: Those nords were in the way of his glorious multicultural utopia
>>
>>92614611
That would seem to be the implication, but I wouldn't overthink a cross-fandom joke too much.
>>
>>92613573
I would have been fine with this
>>
>>92614625
>Episode one, has an alien species who he destroys the planet of. takes all the refugees and puts them in work camps.
>oppressive
It was buitful. All these races that would have never seen any of each other brought together by Aku!
>>
>>92614011
This
>>
File: 1495402086988.jpg (13KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
1495402086988.jpg
13KB, 640x348px
>>92614057
Can you call Ashi disappearing anything else than a cheap and poorly thought out tearjerk that ended up being a stinging disappointment?
>>
>>92614707
You joke, but give it a couple centuries and that's what the history books would say.
>>
File: 1495180229931.jpg (125KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
1495180229931.jpg
125KB, 640x496px
>>92614653
>>
>>92614767
I call it based Gendy BTFOing you losers
>>
This season was a shitbag full of retcons and shoehorned romance. But if there's one thing it did right, it's erasing aku in the past and correcting the flow of things.
>>
>>92614531
You forgot to mention a key point: the final battle had so many of Jack's friends clearly destroyed by Aku. The only way to save them was to finally go back.
>>
>>92614780
If it wasn't for that fucking racist bigoted Samurai, Aku's diverse utopia would last for millenia
>>
>>92613573
I really like this comic.
>>
>>92614707
And who says that that wouldn't happen in the new timeline? Only without Aku's tyranny being a factor that shuttled everyone to earth?
>>
>>92614767
I think delaying it to the wedding like that was cheap, especially since they didn't really have the time to flesh that out. I think it would've been narratively better to have Ashi vanish shortly after Aku died and use the rest of the time to show Jack's grief, a sombre return, and the same first flicker of acceptance we got anyway.
>>
>>92614810
The only retcon is Jack undoing the future, nothing else.
>>
>>92614393
>whether she'll remember Jack
I'd like to think that the gods could make that happen. Idk though, I'm just really bummed she's gone, and we don't even have gaps in her life that could be expanded upon by comics or other media.
>>
>>92614859
It feels perfectly in character for Rick & Morty's setting. Rick seems spot-on there, too, doing something nice and blaming someone else for it. Anyway, it was kinda funny in the meta context.
>>
>>92612259
But why? her powers arent explicitly stated to be contingent on if aku exists or not
>>
>>92614899
He is probs talking about the guardian.
>>
>>92614860
Because Aku was the only thing standing in the way of Jack, the destroyer of progress. Now the evil Samurai will insure such vibrant mixing will never happen! Aku was right to exterminate the Japanese people the first time around, but now they will be led by Jack and ensure a 1000 years of bigotry
>>
>>92614904
Pretty much the only option is sequel/epilogue stuff, yeah.

With all the yin-yang and 'opposite aspects of the same whole' imaging going on in the season, I tend to think she'll remember for woo-woo fate reasons, even if it takes a minute.
>>
>>92614638
And Aku was the man made child of an arrow and a goat interacting with the dark forest. He's not the same as the intergalactic cosmos eater.
>>
>>92614927
They kinda are, when Ashi briefly collapses and says "I felt him leave me." Seems Aku was never a natural part of Ashi, even as her father.
>>
>>92611906
You've never heard of subverted prophecies?
>>
92614963 (You)

Not even going to let you enjoy a proper one, fucking loser.
>>
>>92614625
He didn't destroy their planet though. He used their oceans as a bargaining chip to get statues. And they don't own the oceans.
>>92614597
No it doesnt. Aku didn't do anything in that episode that was self defense or him trying to cut a deal for some statues.
>>
>>92614464
>>92614531
>>92614610
Honestly I'm not inherently against Jack going back to the past, but I really didn't like the execution. It felt hollow and anticlimactic. I wish they could have had Ashi understanding that killing past Aku would make her not exist and accepting it, being willing to sacrifice herself for a better future. And have her disappear immediately after Jack kills past Aku.

Also have an epilogue where the future is shown and we see the characters Jack has come to know, including the six sisters who get to grow up as normal people (Ashi wouldn't be completely the same person since she's not part Aku anymore, but mostly the same). Some reassurance that they all weren't permanently wiped from existence would have been nice.
>>
>>92611696
Time loop man

Every thing that happend was supposed to
>>
>>92615003
Deep down you know I am right. Aku was the future, and Jack cut him down
>>
>>92614966
It was only the arrow that affect him getting a body. The goat had squat to do with anything, and Aku was still part of that some cosmic entity.
>>
>>92614965
>Pretty much the only option is sequel/epilogue stuff, yeah.
She's the only character who can't have those though. We saw her life from the day she was born to the day she was unmade.
>>
>>92610400
he didnt even decide to go to past. He was flung into it by Ashi.

So the man was flung into the future then back to the past.
>>
>>92615011
>And they don't own the oceans.
...why?

and then why does Aku?
>>
>>92615036
Aku was a different entity entirely once he was attacked with that arrow, just like how ashi is a different entity entirely when she picked up human traits from her mom.
Having some remnants of the space cosmos thing doesn't explicitly make them the space cosmos thing.
>>
>>92615075
Aku doesn't own the oceans either, but he clearly used his power to bluff and convince the dumb creatures to build him statues. That's their fault for being stupid and not realizing Aku is a nice guy with no kills under his belt that aren't self defense or straightening out subordinates.
>>
File: jackendj.jpg (848KB, 1553x3831px) Image search: [Google]
jackendj.jpg
848KB, 1553x3831px
>>92615045
Well, there's still the inviolable soul aspect going on. But yeah, Jack won't see her again unless the gods pull a pic related or Jack decides, for some reason, to go and try to find a timeline where he can save Ashi AND keep Aku dead (no idea how that would work unless you take that joke Rick & Morty comic up-thread seriously).
>>
>>92615025
The problem with this season in general is simply that 10 episodes werent enough
>>
>>92615025
That could have been one way to do it; someone in Jack's rescue army mentions that all existence may be undone, and Ashi overhears and maybe even realizes she'll definitely never exist because of Aku's destruction. She accepts it, while everyone else has mixed feelings, then they help her warp Jack, who may not have heard. Once the final battle is over, Jack realizes it and grieves, but ultimately accepts that he has given the world a better future, one that will never know the evils of Aku (barring the 12 or so years that passed during his training as a kid).

As for a rewritten future. I could more easily see Jack using his knowledge to guide the history of the new world into an era like the future, and we see people who are like his friends living lives that have none of Aku's taint.
>>
>>92615086
Except Aku speaks as if he were that same entity, now given a new form. And again, Ashi's case is entirely different. You're still fucking wrong, you deluded cunt.
>>
>>92615234
How is Ashis case different? And how is Aku speaking as if he was that same entity a problem? People talk about their ancestors as if they were one and the same all the time. Just look at /pol/.

If Ashi is different from Aku then Aku is definitely different from the space entity.
>>
>>92615283
Ashi was made because her mum basically did the turkey baster trick with some of Aku's "essence", that's literally makes it a whole different issue.

Meanwhile, Aku was the last remnant of the cosmic evil. It did not spawn him like King Piccolo did with Piccolo.
>>
File: jack timeline.jpg (27KB, 699x689px) Image search: [Google]
jack timeline.jpg
27KB, 699x689px
>>92614269
It's a literal loop in the time stream.
>>
File: comic jack ashi tag.jpg (1MB, 968x5806px) Image search: [Google]
comic jack ashi tag.jpg
1MB, 968x5806px
Never ever, guys.

>>92615283
To be fair, Aku has a slightly different birth than Ashi. Aku was born of a fragment of the amorphous evil that was given personality by an arrow shot. Ashi was born through the medium of a human woman by Aku giving his essence to her. Aku-ness isn't even essential to Ashi, it would seem, since she feels him leave her.

I still tend to agree that Aku is distinct from the creature he's a remnant of, though. He has his moment in Season 5 where he shows he's his father's son by just morphing into a black blob raining spikes as long as a city bus.
>>
>>92615338
It would be cool if after the show the Gods approach Jack and ask him if hes willing to take on a new quest: To vanquish another fragment of the primordial evil thats taken on an alien persona in an alien galaxy
>>
>>92615536
>those three cunts asking Jack to do their job for them AGAIN
>especially after everything that happened with Ashi

Thing is, Jack would do it, too.
>>
>>92615338
Aku is not the last remnant, he is something else mixed with that cosmic evil, particularly an arrow. Its just like how Ashi is something else mixed with that cosmic evil, a woman's genes.
>>
>>92615593
>humanity redeems and abolishes primal evil in an act of selfless love

wew
>>
>>92615593
He fucking is the last remnant you dumb twat. We LITERALLY SEE IT in the origin special.

And no, Ashi is different because Aku left a bit of himself, and then Ashi's mom did what crazy lesbos who don't want to visit sperm banks do and injected herself with that bit of Aku. Your argument is complete shit.
>>
>>92612977
>no rebuttal

Wow what a retard
>>
>>92610400
You're a wuss.
>>
>>92615789
Aku isn't the primal evil only. He is the primal evil with an arrow. Ashi is the same way, except she is mixed with a woman's genetics.
They both are not the cosmic evil, and if Aku is somehow that evil, because it somehow overrides the man made aspects of Aku, then Ashi is in the same fucking boat.
>>
File: 1495323237198.png (3MB, 1520x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1495323237198.png
3MB, 1520x3000px
Anyone have the finished version of this?
>>
File: 1494433431199.jpg (312KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1494433431199.jpg
312KB, 1280x905px
>>92615656
>humanity redeems and abolishes primal evil in an act of selfless love

This is all the ending needed to be. Just give us straightforward, undiluted closure, with sugar on top. why must we be always subject to these half-ass, tryhard "bittersweet" endings that barely ever get done right?
>>
With all the talk about selfish characters, I'm surprised nobody's brought up Mabel
>>
>>92613109
He spared some lives and deleted his friends lives. You're pretending like that didn't happen.
>>
>>92615852
>Ashi is the same way
No she isn't. She's basically a child created through a surrogate mother.

And no, if Aku were that primordial evil (which he is), it doesn't mean that Ashi is as well because she was someone born through a human.
>>
>>92613243
He spared his nation by sacrificing the worlds people from the future.
>>
>>92613286
I like how gendy apologist have to call everything autistic or they get insecure.
>>
>>92615913
He's ensured the world can know a future free of Aku. It still doesn't make him selfish because he likely didn't know that ending Aku would erase everyone. He fucking believes in lies about magic fish monsters, he likely believed that the future would remain and that only Aku would go poof.
>>
>>92616003
I like how autists can't come up with any good argument and just accuse people of being apologists/cock suckers.
>>
File: jack's bacl.png (3MB, 1062x3148px) Image search: [Google]
jack's bacl.png
3MB, 1062x3148px
>>92615867
Here you go, bud.
>>
File: 1482610270093.jpg (17KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1482610270093.jpg
17KB, 500x333px
>>92616068
>>
>>92615870
I dunno, man. It sucks to see two people who so well deserved a life of comfort, quiet, and kids get nothing of the sort.
>>
>>92615965
Its actually never clarified if all those people ceased to exist or not. With Ashi its because Aku is inherent to her existence directly

But even if they all did get 'erased', its better if they had not known existence at all then to (the vast majority of all life since Aku took power) live and breath unprecented suffering for eons
>>
>>92616115
You're welcome. I just wish it ended on a happier note.
>>
>>92616068
I was half-expecting it to be the TTGL one, but with Sam Jack character's pasted over the GL characters.
>>
>>92616162
Someone made a parody one like that.
>>
>>92615155
>>92615391
These images help my troubled soul, thank you anons
>>
File: 1495340074231.gif (1000KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
1495340074231.gif
1000KB, 490x367px
>>92616150
Yeah, I felt doubly empty after it ended because everyone that Jack met over the years stopped existing as we knew them
>>
File: Mystery Incorporated title card.jpg (108KB, 1295x729px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery Incorporated title card.jpg
108KB, 1295x729px
>>92616147
Hard to say. Ashi could have still existed without Aku, though perhaps in a greatly weakened and shortened life as a full human.

As for the erasure of the future, it seems most likely as Aku appeared quite disturbed upon realizing what Ashi had just done. If he's killed in the past, then he'll no longer exist in the future, and that means none of his actions would have occurred. Of course, you could argue that what happened in Mystery Incorporated happened; reality simply rewrites itself and amends the removal of the great evil, but everyone who existed still existed and lived their lives more or less the same.
>>
>>92616219
Tag one might even have happened. Jack was home for a fair bit before his wedding.
>>
>>92611013
>it's okay to change time so a thousand years worth of aliens and humans didn't exist anymore

Jack was a monster worse than Aku.
>>
>>92616218
Where is it?
>>
>>92616314
Shut the fuck up already, Scrapper.
>>
File: jack ashi tree.jpg (573KB, 1280x870px) Image search: [Google]
jack ashi tree.jpg
573KB, 1280x870px
>>
>>92610400
>still not over it
>>
>>92616320
I didn't save it, it usually pops up in these big smoke break discussion threads we've been having.
>>
>>92616369
>tfw you hate the art because of the story behind it, even though it's pretty
>>
>>92614452
What jury would convict Jack? Some kind of time jury?
>>
>>92616442
I love it because its not only good art but I wasnt mad with the ending. (just frustrated that we didnt get more episodes to flesh out the plot)
>>
>>92616147
All of jacks friends were living in relative comfort before they were erased. All of them. I'd hardly call that suffering for eons.
>>
>>92616518
Only because he directly saved them.

And youre selfishly disregarding the MILLIONS of lives completely destroyed over thousands of years
>>
>>92616516
I'm not mad with the ending, just slightly disappointed at the execution and bummed out about how unkind it is to Jack and Ashi (and potentially the future people, but we don't really know there).
>>
>>92616562
Aku has ruined multiple planets, it's probably billions at a minimum.
>>
>>92616516
Don't get me wrong, I still find it really nice, I'm simply still not over the ending and the context just hurts me so.
>>
File: 1490229795147.gif (3MB, 440x243px) Image search: [Google]
1490229795147.gif
3MB, 440x243px
>>92612074
>dumb anon is literally defending a guy whose name literally translates into evil
>>
I kinda wish there was a quick montage that maybe showed some of the allies of past seasons living better lives in the new future.
>>
>>92616594
I'm with you there.
>>
>>92616617
>he said hes evil so he must be evil!!

no story has ever challenged your peewee brain it seems
>>
>>92616562
It's not fucking selfish at all. It's stopping the literal source of evil from ruining lives. Yes, it sucks that bros like the Scotsman and the Woolies are gone, but at least now there can be a universe free of Aku's presence.
>>
>>92615945
They both have evil mixed with something else. Nothing really makes human matter that much more special than any other matter in this universe. Her coming out of a womb doesn't make her any different.
>>
>>92616655
>he's not evil because I say so and will ignore all evidence to the contrary because I'm incredibly autistic

Only one with a peabrain is you, retard.
>>
>>92615870
Seriously. Just fucking give us the happy ending, but no he'd rather just be an asshole and ruin what little future Jack hadl eft.
>>
>>92616562
there are other people clearly living relatively normally besides jacks friends within the entire series.

why would jack sacrifice time portals or attempt to impart wisdom onto people he was going to erase asap anyway

also you don't know that millions of lives were completely destroyed, and even if you did, thats consequence of jack fucking up in the past. he could make things right by killing aku, then rebuilding the future.
>>
>>92616617
If my name was "Good" and I beheaded you and defiled your corpse, does that mean that was a good deed I just did?
>>
>>92616678
Except it does because she was basically human until Aku activated the demon part of her. And Aku was still all that primordial evil. The arrow did nothing but give him a form that wasn't jagged spires of blackness and a somewhat more sapient mind.
>>
>>92616701
show me evidence that hes evil, peewee
>>
So do you guys figure Aku GOT anything out of all the evil he did? Besides hilarity, I mean. He seemed to have an awful specific fixation on Earth despite being capable of faster than light travel and a ruler of some sort of interplanetary fiefdom. Hell, he forcibly imported species by ruining their worlds. Do you figure he literally feeds on suffering?
>>
>>92616655
And Samurai Jack never tried too. Nothing in this show has ever attempted to paint Aku's influence as a net positive. Aku's most positive trait is he's too lazy to be the ultimate evil, he just settles for ruling a dystopian kingdom spanning the galaxy.
>>
>>92616701
What evidence? I've been waiting all thread to see a clip from the show where Aku kills someone who didn't attack him first, commit a rape or an assault, or pretty much do anything besides ask for statues. The only person he has ever gone after was Jack and that's because Jack is a terrorist in his timeline.
>>
>>92616746
>Do you figure he literally feeds on suffering?
Yes. It's the source of his enjoyment and power. He fuels himself with worship and fear, even though he already is powerful enough without it.
>>
>>92612190
>For someone
Don't be a retard. That's pretty much subjectivity.
>>
>>92616745
>>92616793
>this much delusional samefagging
>>
File: Ashi_waiting_Jack.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi_waiting_Jack.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92616594
>>92616646
Thirded. Ashi dying just feels so avoidable from a writing standpoint(especially in this universe) that I simply can't move on and appreciate anything else from the finale.
Add to that it came out of nowhere and was the cap on an incredibly rushed season, so it feels like(whether this is the case or not) they tacked it on to the end to punch people like me in the gut.
I miss her more than actual people I've cut contact with, what the fuck is wrong with me.
>>
>>92616670
Yes thats what I was getting at

>>92616707
Or, you know, making it right by undoing the fuck up

Also read >>92614531
>>
>>92616743
With that kind of logic I can say Aku is basically a sapient arrow until Jack activates the demon part of him by attacking him.
Aku is not the same as the primordial evil. If he was the same, he'd literally be the same. Aku is Aku. The funny guy who lives in the pit of hate. Two totally different entities.
>>
File: 1493417204309.png (322KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493417204309.png
322KB, 640x480px
>>92616655
>>92616745
>>
File: lmfao.png (5KB, 334x90px) Image search: [Google]
lmfao.png
5KB, 334x90px
>>92616811
so you dont have any evidence

thats good to know, i know it can be awkward to admit you're wrong sometimes
>>
File: Ultra_Robots.png (122KB, 472x343px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra_Robots.png
122KB, 472x343px
>>92616793
>Thanks for building these robots, I think I'll test them out on your village.

It's like I've actually watched the show
>>
>>92612190
Oh boo hoo, people born in a contaminated world didn't get to exist. So fucking sad. I bet if they knew there could be a world without the contaminant, they'd wish for it regardless of their own existence.
>>
>>92614393
Maybe pull some steins;gate bullshit
>>
>>92616812
She's a likeable character with a sympathetic story, an amusing personality, and a connection to a character we already love. She shows us new things about that character and you get a strong sense that her story will end happily, so it hits pretty hard when it doesn't.
>>
>>92616849
what lesson has he learned by "undoing" the fucking up? its less satisfying to give someone a "do over" rather than go through an arc where they place importance in things that don't involve magic to fix their woes.
>>
>>92616881
>I'm right, you're wrong
Keep deluding yourself you retarded mongoloid.
>>
>>92616884
So who did those robots kill?
>>
>>92616877
thats not evidence either retard keep trying
>>
>>92615887
She's shit
>>
>>92616871
He's literally the last fragment of the evil you blind retarded sack of shit. It's literally shown in the origin special. It literally escapes the notice of the gods who are hacking up the bulk of it. It literally infected the earth and was gradually spreading unopposed. Just because the arrow concentrated it into a whole that named itself, doesn't mean it isn't that same evil.
>>
>>92616921
They destroyed a crap ton of sentient robots
>>
>>92616967
He isn't the same evil though. He has part of that evil, but he's an arrow.
Just like how Ashi isn't the same evil because she's also part human.

Human and arrow are interchangeable. They both still are not the cosmic entity.
>>
>>92613573
I accept this as the new ending in lieu of the current being fucking awful.
>>
>>92613573
WTF i love rick and morty now!
>>
>>92617014
So just like Jack?

Hmm...
>>
>>92617032
>>92617065
The simple happy stare pulls it off.
>>
>>92616812
>I miss her more than actual people I've cut contact with, what the fuck is wrong with me.

You aren't alone buddy.

Genndy really needs to address whether or not the people who got erased went to the (canon) afterlife or if they simply never existed at all. It completely changes the implications of the ending.

Either we get what we were shown:
>Jack saves the limited amount of people slain by Aku throughout history, but condemns an infinite amount of people in the future timeline to a fate worse than death

or:
>Jack saves everyone slain by Aku and sends all the people from the future timeline to the afterlife

If it's option A, he committed an atrocity far worse than anything Aku could ever do. If it's B, he did the right thing.
>>
>>92616917
you're wrong if you can't provide evidence that aku is evil like you claimed, yes, that is how arguments work you troglodyte
>>
>>92617086
But Jack does it in self defense like you or whoever in this shitshow of a thread has been claiming about Aku.
>>
>>92617121
I don't know why everyone doesn't understand what you are doing. It's so obvious it hurts.
>>
>>92617026
He's not the arrow you twit.

And Ashi is his child because he basically let a bowl of sperm for her mom to impregnate herself with.
>>
>>92617177
Where the actual fuck is all the High Priestess porn?
>>
>all this butthurt couldve been avoided if the lives of the characters in the future were shown briefly instead of the stupid focus on ashi
>>
>>92617121
Keep deluding yourself, shitposter.
>>
>>92617195
I'm at least expecting an image that uses screens of Aku remembering his visit, but replacing the "She...drank it?" bit with her using a turkey baster or some kind of device to inject the Aku essence into her cooter.
>>
>>92617204
People who like Ashi would still be butthurt.
t. person who loves Ashi
>>
>>92617103
I'm reasonably confident they must, since the spirit exists independent of the meat.
>>
Op were john connor, trunks, kitty pryde, cable, yj impulse, movie wolverine, movie flash ect selfish?
>>
>>92617153
>>92617156
>still no rebuttal

FUCKING LMAO
I MEAN LOL
>>
>>92617278
Not all of those use the same definition of time travel, Trunks especially.

But in general when you start fucking with time you're going to cause people to die or never exist. If you accept the adverse effects of time travel then fine, but it's a horrible plot hole to think time travel as a cure-all works.
>>
>>92617261
Meat+experiences+spirit=person
If you take any of those away, they cease to be the same person.
>>
>>92617208
>calls me delusional
>cant even back his beliefs up with proof

*leans back*
*inhales deeply*
AHAHAHAH-
*inhales some more*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>92617301
You have to be 18 to post here, kiddo.
>>
>>92617357
show me how aku is evil troglodyte
>>
>>92617349
I'm guessing the spirits are gonna get to keep their experiences if not their meat, and certainly the afterlife in Jack seems to be a pretty good deal, from what we saw of it.
>>
>>92617354
>I'm not delusional!
>keeps insisting Aku did nothing wrong despite literally made of evil itself and allowing other evil entities to kill and harm others

Whatever, kiddo. What. Ever.
>>
>>92617301
Just watch the merpeople episode. He destroys their whole planet plus even banishes a guy to some dimension of pain.

Also THE GODDAMN OPENING

>Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shapeshifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil!
>>
>>92617378
>I didn't watch the origin episode where Aku is shown to be the last scrap of evil that the gods didn't see slip away from their attack
>>
>>92617378
So what is your definition of evil? Because if being the tyrant of at least one planet doesn't count I got nothing.
>>
>>92612726
noice
>>
>>92617261
I am too, especially if it follows the way the Japanese view spirituality.

It needs to be addressed though.
>>
>>92617177
If he's not the arrow, who's to say Ashi isn't a human?
>>
>>92617589
Because Ashi is literally shown coming out of her mom. Your argument is shit, child.
>>
>>92617403
Do you really think so anon?
I'm not trying to be contradictory, its just been hard to find positives when all I wanted out of the finale was Ashi and Jack to end up together
>>
>>92617434
And if I say I unleashed a highly speakable good, that doesn't mean that the crime I committed was good.
Objectively speaking, Aku hasn't really done anything bad.
>>
>>92617557
I agree. I'm kinda wondering if we'll get an epilogue (highly unlikely) or a follow-up Q&A.
>>
>>92617623
Well, consider this, anonymous: we know that the viking king kept HIS memories. We know Jack's parents did when they comfort HIM spiritually during The Aku Infection. Obviously, the Scotsman is still himself in death. I don't think they'll lose their memories until they're recycled back into the world of the living, but even in that case you have the whole eastern 'red string of fate' idea.
>>
>>92617628
>enslaving a kingdom of innocent people isn't objectively bad
>>
>>92617613
And Aku is shown literally forming after the black entity is hit with an arrow. What's the difference?
>>
>>92617666
Which innocent people were enslaved by Aku personally? The emperors kingdom attacked Aku first. And the space aliens that had their oceans borrowed are bad negotiators that got strongarmed, and even then only had to build one measly statue a month or something like that.
>>
>>92617661
I tried thinking like that, but I don't feel like you can compare spirits of people who died conventionally to someone who was retconned from reality.
Her hourglass of time didn't run out or shatter, it was never made.
>>
>>92617671
Because one is the culmination of a magical fuck up, the other is a woman GIVING BIRTH to a child. It's not even remotely the same kind of circumstance you mongoloid retard sack of donkey shit.
>>
>>92617666
You see? Even SATAN knows when something is evil.
>>
>>92610400
He spent his entire life training to save his people and the world from Aku's tyranny.
Those same people who were "deleted" fought and died for him to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku. They wanted it just as much as Jack did, if not more so. Jack's quest was noble and just.
>>
>>92617716
>the emperors kingdom attacked first
they acted in self defense to the dark pit that was advancing on them and claiming the lives of all living things.
Said dark pit began this process the second it arrived.
>>
>>92617734
>culmination of a magical fuck up
The archers chose to shoot their arrows just like the High Priestess chose to swallow that Aku baby goo. Both situations resulted in the birth if a new entity. It's really not that different.
>>
>>92611342
No he isn't.
>>
>>92617780
>he's just standing there
>MENACINGLY
yeah no, that's not how it works in the real world. They attacked Aku first. He had no kills under his belt until they sounded the alarms and initiated that attack. Technically, any and all deaths in Jacks homeland that day are on the emperor and not on Aku.
>>
>>92614791
You strike me as the type of person who'd take a hammer to his own hands while shouting about how hard you're owning it because your significant other asked you to cook the meal tonight.
>>
>>92617785
The other arrows didn't matter, dipshit. The only one that did was the one Jack's father dipped in the unknown incantation stuff. Even then, Aku was still literally born from the fragment of the primordial evil. Ashi meanwhile was born because the priestess used the Aku essence like sperm. It's not the same fucking thing no matter how much you autistically say it isn't you goddamn stupid cock sucker.
>>
>>92617724
Well, look. Ashi's soul is not a creation or a product of Aku's. It's its own entity, and always was. It existed before Ashi was born and must exist after she stopped existing, by eastern ideas.
>>
>>92617826
>no kills on his belt
What are
>dinosaurs
>cavemen who took a wrong step
>Wildlife
>pet dogs
he also was not "standing there" he was spreading, consuming life that was once there.
>>
>>92617826
Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ jumping on a pogo stick onto a trampoline over a cliff, you are one fucking stupid piece of shit with these "Nuh uh!" rebuttals as you autistically try to weasel out of acknowledging Aku's fucking nature like some braindread whiteknighting idiot who has taken their retardation to a level unlike anything ever seen before.
>>
>>92617413
>made of evil itself

no thats only part of his being.
>allowing others to harm others
ie aku is not harming others, but other people are.
>>
>>92617852
Two separate entities came together to make a new life. For one birth it was the cosmic entity and the arrow. In another it was the cosmic entity and a woman's genes.
It's the same thing, and one crawling out of a womb doesn't make a difference. Just like how creatures that hatch from eggs are different from their parents, and things born in labs are different from their parents. You take a bit of them and a bit of something else, but you are still your own being.
>>
>>92617917
How about you refute the argument instead of namecalling. Aku only has ever really attacked people in self defense.
>>92617910
Show me the dead bodies.
>>
>>92617442
He's not the scrap of evil though, he was born part from it, just like Ashi was born from it. Sounds like your dad was beating you with the ol' 8-ball sock when that episode was on.
>>
>>92617931
He allows it, and encourages it. That's the same thing as doing it, numbnuts.

>>92617942
Except it isn't. One is a woman using essence like sperm, that's it. Aku was still the primordial evil, just given a mind instead of just being living blackness.
>>
>>92617446
people will naturally assume people in power are evil. see: donald trump
>>
>>92617976
>Aku only has ever really attacked people in self defense.
He attacked directly numerous times you fucking retard. He directly attacked Jack in the graveyard with the zombies. You can't refute that, you are wrong. You are stupid. You are autistic.
>>
>>92617987
He's literally made from it you stupid nigger. He fucking came out of it from where it landed during the dinosaur age. That makes him the scrap no matter what.
>>
>>92617996
>condoning things is the same as doing them
you are literally retarded
>>
File: bodies.png (443KB, 777x394px) Image search: [Google]
bodies.png
443KB, 777x394px
>>92617976
>>
>>92617996
>aku was still the primordial evil
No he wasnt. He was part arrow. Just because you come from your father's semen doesn't make you semen. Aku is his own entity.
>>92618030
But Jack is legally a terrorist and wanted criminal in the future that is Aku, therefore any attack on him is legally justified because he is a threat to national security.
>>
>>92618062
So are you with this "He didndu nothing wrong!" bullshit you keep spewing you goddamn shitlord.
>>
>>92618057
No, he was FREED from the scrap. Watch the episode again you stupid nigger.
>>
>>92618063
Alright I'll give you that. Now since we are getting on people for killing animals and eating them, this also means Jack is evil for eating fish.
>>
>>92618071
The arrow isn't part of him, it's the magic attached. And even, he still fucking emerged from the fucking point that the scrap of evil was bubbling in. Just because he has his own mind now doesn't change the fact that he was once that goo that killed the dinosaurs.
>>
>>92618125
Then the same logic applies to Ashi.
>>
>>92618085
you cant provide proof of him doing anything wrong so i guess im right
>>
File: more bodies.png (292KB, 769x393px) Image search: [Google]
more bodies.png
292KB, 769x393px
>>92618111
>animals
following this shot, 6 more villagers come to try and help him and we hear them scream in agony off screen.
>>
>>92618088
He was freed from being a formless mass, retard. That doesn't mean he isn't borne of it. Stay the fuck wrong you goddamn retard child.
>>
>>92618063
oh no!! those poor animals... had such promising lives ahead of them... as fucking dinosaurs..
>>
>>92618156
That doesn't look like a dead body to me
>>
>>92618148
No it isn't. Ashi was born like any other person, using what basically amounted to sperm.
>>
>>92618179
How do you know they wouldn't go on to become more intelligent than us? Ever heard of a crow, anon? What if the dinosaurs never died?
>>
>>92610400
Shit... Op is right.
>>
>>92618186
As was Aku. The arrow and the black mass substitute as egg and sperm and he was born outside of a womb.
>>
>>92618156
Thats not Aku, that's the primordial evil fragment.
>>92618157
he clearly implied he was free of the black goo you fucking autistic retarded manchild
>>
>>92618180
They cannot show a human being get smothered to death on screen with a tvy7
>>
>>92618186
Ashi seems to have actually been immaculately conceived, since the portion of her that is her father just leaves when Aku dies.
>>
>>92618230
i hope you contemplate this every time you eat steak

heres a protip: they never would become more intelligent than us in that lifetime you fucking retard autist
>>
>>92618235
>Pretty much the only option is sequel/epilogue stuff, yeah.
I'm aware, Aku was inadvertently released from an attempt to retaliate against the evil fragment.
>>
>>92618260
Sure they could have.
>>
File: sunny-donkeybrained.jpg (53KB, 650x359px) Image search: [Google]
sunny-donkeybrained.jpg
53KB, 650x359px
>>92618246
So... you're saying you don't have any proof of Aku killing anyone?
>>
>>92618071
>Jack is legally a terrorist and wanted criminal in the future that is Aku
>aku literally means evil
I think you've already refuted your own argument
>>
>>92618372
How so? A man owning a territory or name does not mean he is evil or the property that he owns is evil. If your name was evil, would that make your laptop a bastion of sin just because you own it? Or is it a bastion of sin because of your actions?

Stop being a donkey brain, and think for one second before you post.
>>
>>92614531

The armies who came to save Jack showed that they are 100% willing to die to save Jack or even buy him time to escape (let alone defeat Aku).

If they're willing to die doing that, they're pretty clearly willing to "die" being potentially erased/never existing through time travel.
>>
>>92618555
Death≠wiped from existence when Afterlife is canon
>>
>>92613573
>ODIN'S, UH, *BURP* ODIN'S NOT REAL JACK, SLAMMADAMMADINGDONG
>>
>>92618555
No because being erased means no afterlife you fucking idiot, theres a world of difference.

Think before you post, jesus.
>>
>>92618655
>No because being erased means no afterlife you fucking idiot, theres a world of difference.

This is what Genndy needs to explain.
>>
>>92618619
>>92618655

The only 2 afterlives we see are Valhalla (exclusive for the Nordic peoples and ONLY if you fall in combat) and Jack's parents in some unnamed one
>>
>>92618728
we also see Ra, Vishnu, and cronus, implying the existence of their mythologies respective afterlifes.
>>
>>92618728
We know there's some sort of Hindu and Egyptian one too, by inference. Ashi probably goes to whatever afterlife Jack will.
>>
>>92618786
>Ashi probably goes to whatever afterlife Jack will.

Except we don't know what the fuck happens if you are erased from times. It never gets explained at all.
>>
>>92618728
Which means being erased from existence is an even GREATER sacrifice than dying.

Which means Jack is worse than a murderer, if they did not consent (which they didnt)
>>
File: 1490409904178.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490409904178.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
OP please make another thread after this, it's been such a long time since I've seen so much butthurt in one thread
>>
>>92618810
You can't erase a soul, dude. Even if Ashi had never been born, her soul would have existed (and never been born as it was).
>>
>>92618866
>Which means Jack is worse than a murderer, if they did not consent (which they didnt)

That's my problem with this ending. We had no explanation for the whole timey wimey erase bullshit so now it's not clear if Jack did something absolutely terrible or the right thing.

>>92618926
>You can't erase a soul, dude.

Do we have an instance throughout the show where someone gets erased and goes to the afterlife?
>>
>>92618728
CELTIC MAGIC
There's also several souls in Jack and Haunted House, who do not come back alive after demon's death.
>>92618926
Says who? I guess this would be the way, if everyone was reincarnating. But we have confirmed Valhalla, which does not adhere to reincarnation cycle from the looks of it. Why would there be a soul of someone who never existed in the first place?
>>
>>92618235
Then what was he before, nigger?

Oh wait, nothing because the only thing there was the BLACK GOO, the scrap of evil.

He was FREED FROM BEING a formless mass bubbling out of the earth.

Goddamn, it's astounding how you can't follow such a simple piece of storytelling.
>>
>>92619042
>Do we have an instance throughout the show where someone gets erased and goes to the afterlife?

No, but if we're assuming Jack's pseudo-eastern spirituality is still a thing, Ashi's soul already existed before she was conceived, hell, probably has lived lives before. Erasing Ashi from the timeline doesn't get rid of her soul, just this case of her being given a body.

She might not have her memories, but the ladybug motif is a pretty clear indication that she and Jack have a red string of fate situation going. They'll be fine in the afterlife.
>>
>>92619141
>They'll be fine in the afterlife.

I like to think that anon, I just wish they had shown us some sort of confirmation of that or something. Leaving it all in the air as they did makes the ending seem extremely bleak and depressing.
>>
>>92619070
>which does not adhere to reincarnation cycle from the looks of it.

The Norse afterlife absolutely has reincarnation, just at a specific date. Shit, even Abrahamic faiths have this. Hinduism and shintoism, which are both explicitly a thing in Samurai Jack do. Probably different courts of heaven just have different laws for how a soul may be reincarnated.

>Why would there be a soul of someone who never existed in the first place?

Because it had to have already existed to have been given to Ashi at all. This probably isn't the first life her (or for that matter, Jack's) soul has lived.
>>
>>92617976
>Show me the dead bodies
Dude, did you not see episode 5 of the new season? The whole part where Aku is inviting the worst assholes in the universe to set up shop on earth "On one condition. The land has some happy people on it we need you to exterminate as horrifically as possible."
>>
>>92618235
>Thats not Aku, that's the primordial evil fragment.
Which is what Aku was before the arrow gave him a proper mind instead of just a formless evil that consumed all. Goddamn.
>>
>>92619188
That's part of what the ladybug is for, I figure. They probably can't end on Jack dying and be reunited with her, since they want the last shot to be about rebirth, growth, a hope for the new future.
>>
>>92619360
Thing is the ladybug could also just be a reminder of Ashi to Jack. They made it so damn vague we really don't know what went down.
>>
>>92619384
This to be honest. It could just as easily indicate that Jack is going to remember the good things in life and not live in despair. Whether his friends will be reborn is anyone's guess.

I still hope Genndy might make some alternate endings for the DVD, if only to satisfy those who would have preferred whatever alternatives they could entail.
>>
>>92619211
Oh, my mistake. And yeah, my saying of soul not existing depends on absence of reincarnation cycle. Damn, pretty much everyone believes in reincarnation.
>at a specific date
You mean the Ragnarok? I just did a quick search and found this "Here as well, the sources are unclear as to how exactly this would happen, but oftentimes the dead person is reincarnated in someone who is named after him or her" which sounds different from what you're saying.
>>
>that redubbed episode 1 scene
man, both baldwin and lamar just sounded bad
>>
>>92616915
Read>>92614531
>>
>>92619106
he was nothing before, Aku is Aku. Aku is not the formless black bubble who absorbs shit.
>>
>>92619282
Aku wasn't inviting them, some Jew was. And Aku wasn't killing them, some Arab was.
>>
>>92619282
Where did Aku invite those guys?
>>
>>92619384
Could be, but a ladybug under THAT tree - only one - JUST as Jack happened to come by? And with the whole association the ladybug has with lovers in eastern spirituality?

>>92619476
I was referring to Ragnarok, yes. Random other reincarnations are a thing in old pagan faiths, but Ragnarok was the proverbial Superbowl.
>>
>>92610400
Jack killed trillions, trillions because he wanted to see his family again.

What a selfish cunt.
Thread posts: 587
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.