[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2014-2015 >Every Marvel book is totally the best book ever,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: comic book gal.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
comic book gal.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
2014-2015
>Every Marvel book is totally the best book ever, Marvel's legacy characters are the best thing ever, Marvel should make more of it!

>What the fuck, Marvel, why did you make more legacy characters? How am I supposed to read the books I praised a year ago? You fucked up!

Are her opinions defined by Bleeding Cool?
>>
>>92610177
her "opinions" are written on a script

she doesn't run the channel, she's just the host

her boyfriend is an ex-MTV producer who does online/youtube content now

he made a channel above "le geek culture" and got her to host it

stop being a gullible idiot
>>
>>92610340
Then read that as "Are the channel's opinion defined by Bleeding Cool?";
>>
>>92610340
source for this?
>>
>>92610177
Huh, now I know where Matt from the Super Best Friends gets all "his" opinions on comics.
>>
>>92610585
the Super Best Friends just like anything that's Marvel
>>
>>92610177
You know that people can change their opinion over time anon?
>>
>>92610871
A convenient excuse for people who don't stand for what they say.
>>
I like cake, but I don't always want to eat cake.
>>
>>92610938
Hm yes rigid adherence to every thought that you once had. This is healthy. This isn't why we have conspiracy nutters.
>>
>>92610996
"Hey, this cake is the best cake I have ever eatI I really would like to eat more!"
"Well, then here, have more of this cake!
"... you know what? I don't like this cake anymore. You shouldn't have given me more cake. You fucked up!"
>>
>>92610938
You know, I remember a /co/ that loved Kamala and was actually kind of excited for Miles when his run was just starting.

Every legacy character since then has turned out to be shit, including Miles. Should we have just stuck to what we thought then even though Marvel is the one who ruined everything?
>>
>>92610177
She still denies it is a legacy problem.
She places the blame squarely on over-saturation of crossover events and perpetual relaunches.

She isn't wrong, but she isn't entirely right.
The legacy problem is very real and very obvious.
>>
>>92611062
It's more like we got some pretty good cake at first and then they tried to give us a cake with bullshit in it and sell it as the same cake.
>>
>>92611120
>You know, I remember a /co/ that loved Kamala and was actually kind of excited for Miles when his run was just starting.
Do you remember /co/ praising it as the best thing ever written and asking for more of this Marvelous?
>>
>>92610177
Believe it or not, Marvel was much better even two years ago. Her opinions changed because the books got worse.
>>
>>92611152
It is the same damn cake.
>>
>>92611121
It's not a legacy problem, it's a quality problem.
There are no bad characters, but there are a ton of shitty writers at marvel right now.
>>
>>92610938
This is why I still watch Barney the Dinosaur and crap my pants. I will stand by my principles forever!
>>
>>92610177
l still would
>>
>>92611121
Legacy isn't the problem, but how Marvel is handling it.
>>
>>92611205
Get out of here Barneyfag, this isn't a pony thread
>>
>>92611205
Totally comparable with "demanding things one year only to reject them one year after because MUH OPINION CHANGED"
>>
>>92611179
>Marvel was much better even two years ago.
It was not. Are you really saying that Soule's She-Hulk was much better than what is being published right now?

It is the same level of quality.
>>
>>92611179
It really wasn't.
>>
Her opinions are consistent.
She wasn't complaining about the legacy characters, but how Marvel doesn't try to keep them going. Fresh ideas are good but the cost of losing characters is bad. The reboots are just plain bad because reading comicbooks is like being in a relationship. You want it to evolve and move foward instead of start over and over after you got into a minor fight.
>>
>>92610585
>>92610781
i doubt matt is a modern marvel fan.

whenever he talks about comics it's usually about something from the 90s or punisher related.

hell, him & woolie are probably the only people i've ever seen outside of /co/ ever talk about valiant.
>>
>>92611842
I know they hate Green Lantern with a passion
>>
>>92611121
legacies are a symptom not a cause. axeing them won't actually fix anything

to fix marvel it would require a complete corporate restructuring & draining of the talent & editorial swamp
>>
File: EVERY TIME.jpg (25KB, 566x212px) Image search: [Google]
EVERY TIME.jpg
25KB, 566x212px
>>92611121
>She still denies it is a legacy problem
Because it isn't.
>She places the blame squarely on over-saturation of crossover events and perpetual relaunches
Because that's the obvious problem ( aside from a general decline in overall quality as all of their best writers fucked off to do Creator Owned stuff ).

I know it doesn't fit your narrative, anon; but multiple owners of comic shops have posted about this repeatedly ( see image related ).

Here's a detailed breakdown:
http://www.comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/

TL;DR Black Panther sold really well at first ( and brought in quite a few new faces due to the fame of the author outside of comics circles ); so marvel shit out two more titles and split the buyer's attention ( resulting in most of them dropping the title ).

Just like they hurt sales of Doctor Strange buy starting up Sorcerers Supreme.

Just like they hurt sales of GotG by shitting out a solo for EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER as well as multiple ongoings.

See also: current X-Books, Avengers books, and Spider-books ( ffs they had THREE SPIDER WOMEN/GIRL BOOKS RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME! ).
>>
>>92612127
>TL;DR Black Panther sold really well at first
We forget to easily that it sold due to every gimmick in the book, and still failed to have Harley Quinn numbers.

"Black Panther sold really well" is the new "Ms Marvel sells more than every other book digitally".
>>
>>92612127
This, Marvel drives everything to the ground. Even Wolverine got caught on the oversaturation before they killed him. I fear for the next status quo shift cause you know Marvel is going overboard and releasing 2 ongoings for every A and B Lister and it will kill the sales once the hype of the legacy numbering and returning characters is over.
>>
>>92611876
so they have the shittiest possible taste?
>>
>>92611062
The difference is between someone getting sick of cake over a period of seconds and someone getting sick of cake over a period of several years.
>>
>>92612294
pretty much
>>
>>92612324
Alternatively, saying you love chocolate cake and wish you could have more like it, and so your host starts making... plain ordinary white cake with chocolate icing.

And you keep saying "This isn't what I asked for" and so they take it back, but then they just keep on bringing it back to you with another layer of chocolate icing, and no matter how much you explain to them you want REAL chocolate cake, they just don't seem to get it, so you eventually go "screw this" and eat elsewhere.
>>
>>92612324
In the context of comic books, one year is ~twelve issues.

So, she went from "EVERY MARVEL BOOK IS GENIAL" to "Marvel fucked up" after twelve issues?
>>
>>92612441
One issue is enough to ruin thingd
>>
>>92612424
This is a shit excuse.

If you praised KSD's CM, then you have no right to complain about her book now. If you praised Bendis X-Men, then you can't be much hard on current X-Men. If Gillen's YA was the best book you have ever read, then why are you complaining about "America" or "Hawkeye"?

It all has the same quality.
>>
>>92610177
>shill for Marvel when they gave her a show
>don' t shill for them anymore since the show was "cancelled"
she still shills the MCU for free though
>>
>>92612127
Kamala's the one who hurts the most.

Makes me want to make an indie comic ripping of her design, personality and personal drama.
>>
>>92610177
Her opinions are defined by being an X-men fan.
She obviously doesn't care about comics otherwise. Even the european stuff she praises is a side thing, she likes X-men and Game of Thrones. That's it.
Other than that, she will parrot the popular opinion, and the popular opinion back then was that Marvel was killing it and DC done.

She isn't dumb though, she obviously isn't eating shit once Marvel puts it on her table like all the other dumbasses, but she sure was hell will book a table along all the other sheep to try out their shit, despite the fact they literally advertise that they are selling shit.
>>
>>92611842
>i doubt matt is a modern marvel fan.
He likes Spider Gwen and Kamla Ms. Marvel
>>
>>92614064
>Her opinions are defined by being an X-men fan.
X-Fags being the worst and a waste of space, once again.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.