[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>travel to past >kill Aku >forget to kill Aku in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1491809753927.png (136KB, 1280x778px) Image search: [Google]
1491809753927.png
136KB, 1280x778px
>travel to past
>kill Aku
>forget to kill Aku in the future
This is probably the biggest plot hole. Gennedy is a hack.
>>
He rewrote the timeline
>>
Nah that pretty typical of time travel.
>>
>>92606466
you dont know even the most basic shit about time travel do you?

or are you trying to make yet another "final episode of Jack sucked" thread?
>>
>>92606466
SJ dosn't work on multiverse theory

It works like back to the future
>>
>>92606466
>travel to past
>kill Aku
>forget to kill Aku 5 seconds after killing Aku
>forget to kill Aku 10 seconds after killing Aku
>forget to kill Aku 15 seconds after killing Aku
>forget to kill Aku 20 seconds after killing Aku
>forget to kill Aku 25 seconds after killing Aku
>forget to kill Aku infinite times because for some reason once is not enough

PLOT HOLES; PLOT HOLES EVERYWHERE
>>
>>92606466
>One half of /co/ doesn't understand time travel and believes that the future timeline still exists, meaning Aku still exists in the future and probably wiped out the army after Jack and Ashi left. Gennedy is a hack.
>On the other hand, the other half of /co/ argues that the previous timeline doesn't exist, which means that every sacrifice Jack made in every season was literally pointless since they didn't exist anyway.
Gennedy is a hack either way.
>>
>>92606911
Who is this "Gennedy" person?
>>
A thing that really bothers me is that a few of the old episodes hinged on Jack choosing people in future over his quest, so Jack definitely thinks that him going to past won't solve problems in future.
>>
>>92606943
Replace "Gennedy" with "Genndy"
I blame OP.
>>
>>92606962
Jack isn't a "the end justifies the means" kind of guy. He won't screw somebody over in order to achieve his goal because it isn't the honourable thing to do.

Contrast with Nox from Wakfu, who would gladly engage in genocide and murder because he reasons that going back in time would undo all of the death and mayhem he caused in the present.
>>
>>92606962
Jack chose to help them because it was the right thing to do even if it wasn't a good choice for him.
>>
>>92607083
>>92607131
That's what I'm talking about. He's transported to past, while Aku is still alive in the future. Moreover, a lot of people he cares for are fighting Aku right now. And it's not addressed in the end. An important character trait is abandoned for epilogue, when it's most relevant (he finally went back).
>>
>>92606911
>Samurai Jack is finally over
>People still don't know how to spell Genndy's name
>>
Jack should have disappeared too, but you can always argue
"time has lost its effect on me"
>>
>>92606911
Of course, the few patricians on /co/ realize that it's actually a third option: the timeline was overwritten with everything that didn't depend on Aku (e.g. Ashi existing) still happening, if not exactly in the same way.
>>
>>92606911
Jack is eastern. He believes in Shinto and that all those people would have existed anyway without Aku, save Ashi who is literally half Aku
>>
>>92607161
No aku died in the future because jack killed him in the past and also the future doesn't exist now. Again this choice by going to the past was made for the greater good, a future with aku while losing his friends and ashi the world is now free.
>>
>>92607293
I meant with out aku.
>>
>>92606943
Same guy who made the terrible decision to include Aishi as a character in S5

Hack hack hack
>>
>>92606863
GENNDY IS A HACK
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>92607293
The very first time he denies himself is when innocents are in direct threat from Aku (bee rocket is aimed at scientists). No Aku -> No evil government(not even sure what to call Aku's rule) -> No Aku's bots killing scientists
I could argue that even people that are in danger from something other than Aku would be saved by him going to past, but that's reaching further.
>>
>>92607466
But letting people die isn't the righteous way
>>
>>92607670
Are you dense? That's what I'm saying. He couldn't go to past several times, because there were future people in danger. Cue season 5 ending, he goes to past in the middle of a fucking battle (Future Aku was very much alive when Ashi opened the portal) and does not even think about it when the dust settles.
>>
>>92607752
Yeah sorry I misunderstood your reply. But the future is no more time in samurai jack is a straight line. No alternative futures etc.
>>
>>92607883
>No alternative futures
Where in the show do they say that?
>>
>>92608199
>Implying Ashi would be a paradox if the alternate future that she came from was still intact.
>>
>>92606911
The sacrifices were not pointless.they saved jack and gave him chance to get back to the past.
>>
>>92606508
>morons still believe causality works this way

He just made a fucked timeline.
>>
>>92608492
To literally do nothing for their timeline.

You can't unmake the past you can only fragment it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.