[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what was the general consensus on this in the end? Watchable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: mistakes.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mistakes.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
So what was the general consensus on this in the end?

Watchable tier like an average season of Supernatural or something more akin to eye-scrapping bad ala Agents of Shield?
>>
>>92605310
Constantine would have been a hit if supernatural wasnt already there. It looked like a ripoff even tough supernatural is the one that actually ripped off from hellblazer comics.
>>
>>92605310
It's good enough that it's a shame it got cancelled.
>>
Too good for NBC
>>
>>92605310
Far from perfect, but still good enough that I wish it at least got a full season.
>>
Man, I feel like it would've hooked if it just had one more season.
>>
>>92605341

Both are owned by WB/DC so Constantine had no chance.
>>
Definitely deserved more episodes than it got, it feels like it was still growing into itself
>>
It was pretty good, but it felt stuck in a weird limbo between the original grimy scummy world of Hellblazer and the New 52 discount Dr. Strange.

So you had a more grounded approach to magic without him flinging spells all over the place like a damn RPG mage but the world felt way too clean.

I've only read Delano's run but what I took away from it is that Hellblazer should be Trainspotting with arcane magic.
>>
>>92605341
Pretty much.

Supernatural already had a huge fan base.
>>
>>92605341
>>92606102
It's sad how many people looked at Constantine and immediately pegged him as a Castiel ripoff, not knowing that Conjob came first. By a lot. And that it was the exact opposite situation.

These are the same type of people who think that Stargate should have a movie because they only know about the shows.
>>
>>92606258
>>92605341
Recently started watching Supernatural at my Wife's recommendation and it's enjoyable enough but it apes so much from Hellblazer it almost feels intentional at times.

I can see why a Constantine TV adaptation would get a lot of flack from general audiences given their ignorance.
>>
>>92606617

Whatever you do, stop at end of season 5
>>
>>92606642
Oh it's too late to get off the bus. Far too late.
>>
>>92606642
nah you should continue, he just have to ignore season 6/7
>>
>>92605310
What pissed me off is that it ended with a cliffhanger when they knew there was no chance for a second season. There was even talks about it getting canned at the mid season break and not returning. SO why the hell did they leave with the cliffhanger
>>
>>92606642
>>92606682
>>92606818
I would never recommend stopping. It goes off the rails after season 5 but there are some VERY quality episodes even in the second half of the series.
>>
>>92606682
>>92606818
>>92606953

Don't listen to these people, they're already in hell and just want you to join them.
>>
>Manny getting a blowjob from a nurse in the hospital supply closet.
>>
>>92607048
it's not true, Supernatural is comfy and fun. It's just not season 1-5 level of awesomeness.
>>
>>92605310
pretty good, Matt Ryan is a good Constantine. It started off bad but then they started to push the boundaries of what the studio would let him to. Like at first he wasn't allowed to smoke, then he had an unlit fag, then they showed smoke but no him smoking. They just needed a little more time to get it all working properly.

Episode 4 was great.
>>
>>92607071

Lies and Slander. In order to have 'comfy' you need original ingredients. They change their own lore because of Sera Gamble Post season 5.

You had 1 good episode in season 6, maybe 2 at most, out of 22 episodes.

Season 7 was so bad it cut the viewership in half that had lasted largely for 6 years. Season 8 was seen as 'good' because of season 7 but it wasn't. Purgatory was dumb and mindless and people enjoyed it because of body count, QED that was it.

Season 9/10 you had mark of cain, Death 'dying' I mean in dumbest way possible. It was so bad people thought it was a joke. Reapers being turned into Angels, yes they changed huge things in their lore, retconning tons of smaller things as well, killed off best supporting characters over budget..what else..all good looking women had to die because can't have any vaginas near brothers, not like first 5 seasons, and they bitched so hard during season 3/4 that hambeasts were effecting even best seasons of the show, little did we know that Kripke just didn't give a shit, once he left, comfy left too and now you get a bunch of repititive nonsense. Even with all callbacks in season 12, some decent episodes in season 11...it just doesn't make up for all poor writing and failed plots and dragging nonsense. Cass and Crowley have needed to die permanent for about 4 or 5 years now.

That is just a few things off top of my head.
>>
>>92607329
and yet you're still watching it liek us. Tell you, you're liking it. You're a tsundere.

i agree with you that season 6/7 are atrocius.
>>
>>92607379

Right but I wouldn't subject new people to limbo hell that is Supernatural after season 5.

So we're different.
>>
>>92607048
I'm waiting for the scooby doo episode
>>
File: Spectre.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Spectre.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92605310

>We will never get a Spectre origin story.
>We will never get a Constantine and Spectre team up episode
>We will never get a Spectre spin off series.

Why even live /co/.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.