[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Harley supposed to be so dangerous? She's canonically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Why is Harley supposed to be so dangerous?

She's canonically a former cheerleader which implies she's at least more fit than the average person (or she was ten years ago, remember that she has a psych degree). Ivy rendered her immune to natural and manufactured poisons so they could fuck. Spending time with Joker means she can handle a handgun without shooting herself in the face.

But that's it.

No special training, no powers, nothing that would qualify her for the Suicide Squad or (thanks Injustice) the Batfamily. She's just a woman with a baseball bat, bad makeup, and enough brain damage to turn her into a sociopathic child.
>>
I hate that they bleached her skin. She can't even pretend to be normal anymore.
>>
>>92591844
>She can't even pretend to be normal anymore
Except she can, and does in the same run that OP posted. It's just the other way around. She puts on make-up to look normal.
>>
who fucking cares op
harley is henchwoman
jack of all trades is in the title
>>
File: Harley Feminist.png (1MB, 1150x874px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Feminist.png
1MB, 1150x874px
>>92591875

This.
>>
>>92591875
Regardless, there was no reason to give her the exact same origin as Joker.
>>
>>92592034
Oh man, I never thought I'd seen that again

even with the same filename that I put it
>>
>>92591723
She's dangerous because she's a survivor. Think of it like she's a nasty cockroach that escaped the nuclear holocaust. That would still freak me the fuck out. You try to crush it, and it just keeps crawling around, doing its thing. Only this cockroach has a nice pair of Jew tiddies and a sawed-off with a crowbar in the other hand.
>>
>>92591723
>Why is Harley supposed to be so dangerous?

She isn't, except for when nuWriters who are commanded to insert her into stories or use her because she's popular.
She's a bit more acrobatic and athletic then normal, but she has zero reasons to be put on the Suicide Squad aside from namedropping a more popular hero then usual and trying to tie Batman into everything. Perhaps she has use as a moderately fit extra moving target to soak up bullets, but the Suicide Squad movie just highlights how ridiculous her presence there is when she fights demons with a revolver and a baseball bat and you're left wondering why the fuck THAT makes her more dangerous then a special forces soldier.

Around the time of her newer comic appearances she was supposed to have gained very mild superhuman physical abilities thanks to something Ivy did to her, but this was basically completely ignored by everyone and forgotten almost as soon as it happened, as Batman never really moved her up the threat ladder from her original position of "ignorable problem".
>>
>>92592063
Made sense to me. She wanted to be like the Joker, so he made her like him. You could also say it's a metaphor for her being irreversibly marked and twisted by him, and if she wants to pass as normal she has to cover that up.
>>
>>92591723
she has a vagina and she's a character in batman stories
>>
>>92591723
Same reason why planet busters are afraid of the Joker and Batman can singlehandely defeat the entire Justice League, popularity. Every other answer is bullshit.
>>
>>92592278
And normies fucking love her for some reason. That's all your really need to be part of the Trinity
>>
>>92591723
Most superhumans in capeshitland are made mentally retarded when dealing with normie villains so there can be a comic about the normie villain.
>>
>>92592181
> ridiculous her presence there is when she fights demons with a revolver and a baseball bat and you're left wondering why the fuck THAT makes her more dangerous then a special forces soldier.

It's simple; she has a costume and a gimmick and we are to understand that this by default makes her more competent, more skilled, and more dangerous then anyone who DOESN'T have these things because they denote her plot importance and popularity.

Now mind you this was always true (more popular characters gradually always got more powerful or competent), but back in the day you at least needed to write and excuse of some kind into the book (like "they have superpowers" or "they have training") rather then just flat-out admit that her reason for being around is plot importance and popularity.

This is the kind of horseshit that passes for modern comics writing these days.
>>
>>92591723
Reckless stupidity mixed with luck/plot armor. The serum Ivy gave her also enhanced her physical abilities enough that she could go toe to toe with Batman. It's why she is able to use her giant hammer so easily. At least that is what it did pre-Flashpoint.
>>
>>92591723

Popularity is a hell of a drug enhancer.
>>
File: Sorrow.png (694KB, 426x650px) Image search: [Google]
Sorrow.png
694KB, 426x650px
>>92592332
I have never been more appalled and enraged in my life.
>>
>>92591723
You're completely correct, although if she somehow miraculously survived all the bullshit that is usually thrown at her, I'm sure Harley is no longer just a cheerleader with a bat, she's a tough as fuck cheerleader with a bat and tons experience against Batman/whatever bullshit Joker throws at her.
While that makes her a step above the average henchman (who usually get their asskicked immediately), its not really that much of a threat.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.