[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the first three epsiodes so gritty and bloody? We didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: are you kidding me 2.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
are you kidding me 2.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
Why were the first three epsiodes so gritty and bloody? We didn't see a drop of blood for eps 4-10.
>>
>>92590836
>Jack slaughtering the daughters of Aku
>neck slit
>one impaled by a spear
>Another by a knife
>Next episode shows the corpse of one that feel to her death.

You fuckin' w0t m8?
>>
File: 1485057845525.jpg (51KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1485057845525.jpg
51KB, 640x628px
Because they were the good ones, I don't think there's a single scene as impactful as when Jack slits Mulan's throat.
>Jack is wounded
>the explosion of the tunnel
>now floating on the river
>cuts back to the wolf, now dead after defeating the tigers
>WACHA

What could've been, oh my god what could've been of this season. I need a break from western animation after such a let down
>>
>>92590836
The tone is certainly different from the first three episodes. It's like 1 - 3 were written for Adult Swim or at least written at a separate point in time from the rest of the season.
>>
>>92590892
>>Jack slaughtering the daughters of Aku
>>neck slit
>>one impaled by a spear
>>Another by a knife

That was all 1-3.

>Next episode shows the corpse of one that feel to her death.

I think that was Ashi who was just stunned. But whatever.
>>
>>92590981
>The tone is certainly different from the first three episodes. It's like 1 - 3 were written for Adult Swim or at least written at a separate point in time from the rest of the season.

1-3 is a reworking of the script and storyboards for the Samurai Jack movie. That's my theory.
>>
OP needs to see the Samurai Jack teaser interview AS posted before the show aired.
Genndy did not want an 'all out bloodfest' since the show was based of a kid's cartoon (despite most of the audience back then now being already mature enough for such content). He just did not think it was the way to go with the show (even on AS).
>>
>>92591080
Shouldn't have started out with it then, cause it was a major fuckin tease. But hey, they needed initial viewership, and gritty SJ got everyone hyped.
>>
>>92590836
better question is why didn't this stay throughout the season
>>
>>92591123
Well, the only blood shed was when most of the sisters were alive.
The rest of the fights were just typical robot/alien stuff (except for Scotsman and ending part), but yeah I agree some blood would've been nice.
>>
>>92591186
More or less I wish they picked a tone and stuck with it, it felt jumbled after ep 3. For what it's worth, the first 3 were phenomenal (not just for bloodshed), worth the new season just for that.
>>
>>92590836
It was a cheap trick to rope people back into watching the show and it worked.
>>
>>92591433
Fucking this. Just Eder us up for waifu bullshit and a really rushed ending
>>
>>92590836

maybe the first 3 were supposed to be a movie arch like in season one, the followed up by episodes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.