[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rather than showing how Jack finally destroying Aku positively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1469131798934.jpg (81KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
1469131798934.jpg
81KB, 700x526px
>Rather than showing how Jack finally destroying Aku positively affected the lives of every character we've come to know and love over 5 seasons and 13 fucking years spend the last half of the final episode finishing your ham fisted romance subplot
>Literally just throw away that entire plot that took up well over half of season 5 with a half minute scene of "lol, I'm not real fag"
GENNDY YOU FUCKING HACK!
>>
Ashi is symbolic of everything Jack did in the future, she fades away like the details of a dream

perhaps not so coincidentally Genndy said Jack is based on a recurring dream he had as a child where he traveled to the future and fought robots with his dream girlfriend which kinda puts the ending into perspective
>>
>>92589336
That Jack made everyone emboldened enough to take on Aku was a shorthanded positive note, ending a future that now no longer exists except for in Jack's memories
>>
Samurai Jack was not so subtly influenced by Ronin, a Frank Miller comic about a samurai being flung to the future to fight a shape shifting demon along with his modern girlfriend and it also ends with basically everything being wiped out.
>>
File: 1474131519253.png (126KB, 210x339px) Image search: [Google]
1474131519253.png
126KB, 210x339px
>>92589486

>Genndy said Jack is based on a recurring dream he had as a child where he traveled to the future and fought robots with his dream girlfriend

So this entire season was just Genndy animating his teenage masturbatory fantasies? Was the original series only as good as it was because Genndy wasn't allowed to add the "girlfriend" part?
>>
>>92589608
>Genndy is basically the George Lucas of cartoons
>>
>>92589608
no it was genndy returning to the roots of the show to bring it closure

if you think ashi was just a masurbatory fantasy then I'm afraid the point went right over your head
>>
>>92589608
Apparently this was supposed to go on for 3 seasons plus the movie that was kicked around for a decade but he had to compress everything into one.
>>
>>92589721
That would explain why everything past the third episode felt so rushed, especially episode 7 where they basically ended three different plot points all within like five minutes
>>
>>92589697
If you think Ashi was designed from the ground up as anything other than Gendys perfect waifu, you're delusional.
>>
>>92589851
I literally just explained how she's his waifu

you are a special kind of retarded aren't you
>>
File: 33_1.jpg (10KB, 182x187px) Image search: [Google]
33_1.jpg
10KB, 182x187px
>>92589608
Surprise! Girls ruin everything! Who knew?
>>
File: 1491660764059.png (75KB, 327x299px) Image search: [Google]
1491660764059.png
75KB, 327x299px
>>92589697
Will you be working on another Adult Swim show, Mr. Genndy?
>>
>>92589676
They give us hours of KINO that far surpass the original?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.