[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm confused New Gods are supposed to be multiversal right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: darkseid.jpg (106KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
darkseid.jpg
106KB, 1024x768px
I'm confused

New Gods are supposed to be multiversal right? well exist outside the multiverse.

So why does Darkseid never seem to take notice of the universe resets or better yet occasionally get his back story changed?
>>
>>92585186
That's New 52 Stuff IIRC, and the New 52 had a habit of being confusing. I much prefer the New Gods to be different for every individual universe.
>>
>>92585186
>
New Gods are supposed to be multiversal right? well exist outside the multiverse.

No. This was bullshit inserted in the last few years because they had fucked up and rendered Kirby's own fiction noncanon. Rebirth seems like it will sort of be correcting this by ignoring New52 New Gods.
>>
>>92585291

The New52's only editorial edict seemed to be to ignore things that had gone before. So of course everything is confusing and stupid, because a lot of writers didn't want to just remake stories, but instead wrote sequels to stories that were no longer canon so they took parts and nothing made fucking sense.
>>
Multiversity explained it. They have true versions that exist outside of the orrery and the specific ones that show up in each universe are just emanations.
>>
>>92585433

The problem with that is it's stupid and makes no sense. That was just done to try to save them from Nu52 fuckery.
>>
>>92585186
It's stated that Earth 51 is where the original, higher-concept New Gods live, in Multiversity. It's implied that the New Gods have the ability to fragment themselves into independent entities when dealing with the other realities and the 51!Gods are aware of their other existing versions' actions simultaneously.

TL:DR, the New Gods can split themselves up when they universe-hop.
>>
>>92585186
>New Gods are supposed to be multiversal right? well exist outside the multiverse.
Nah. Only Morrison writes them like that. Johns(chief creative officer at DC... heh, creative) writes them as big dumb angry aliens. Also, most writers and artists today have more respect for Starlin's garbage NG than Kirby's.
>>
>>92585433
>>92585473

This reads like stupid fanfic Morrison inserted so he could try to claim the New Gods as his own.
>>
>>92585473

Really weird they can do that since Kirby just wrote them as very powerful mortals who can live and die. Such as the millions of slaves on Apokolips and the average no name citizen on New Genesis. Don't forget the Forever People have abilities and are random schmucks. Big Barda is tough as shit and she's just raised up from the dregs on Apokolips.
>>
>>92585473
So there could be 100 Darseids in 1 universe if the original just kept making copies to that 1 universe?

I hope Rebirth gets rid of this
>>
>>92585338
>>92585460
>>92585507
>>92586137
Your hateboner is getting pretty fucking obvious.
>>
>>92586137
No, under Multiversity, each separate universe gets its own Darkseid that embodies that universes concept of absolute Evil.
>>
Hey, did you guys know that britfaggots pronounce his name "dark seed"? I know, right? I laughed my ass off when I found that out.
>>
>>92585186
The versions of Darkseid we see during the DC eras are not the true form of Darkseid. Darkseid's true form is the Multiversal entity that appeared to Superman at the end of Final Crisis. Post-Crisis true Darkseid got killed by Superman, but since the flashpoint happened and new 52 emerged, a new Darkseid got born, along with a new Anti-Monitor.
>>
His back story doesn't change because he's Multiversal and above shitty reboots.
>>
>>92586813
The real Darkseid is still dead. Earth 51 is the closest to the Multiversal one. Johns Darkseid is an avatar

>>92586137
Johns pls go. There's no need to make Darkseid a power ranger big bad.
>>
How come sometimes he is the son of a farmer and sometimes the son of the previous ruler of Apokolips?
Since both of those stories take place on Apokolips and not any Earth then they wouldn't be avatar versions but the true outside the universe versions.
>>
>>92585433
This guy has the right idea.
>>
>>92585338
Nice green text
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.