[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>killing aku means that the people in the future will not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

File: samurai jack.jpg (24KB, 599x406px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack.jpg
24KB, 599x406px
>killing aku means that the people in the future will not exist! Reeeeeeeeee!!!

It just means that they will be different people, if you pay attention, besides armies of destruction and evil monsters and robots, there is nothing in the future that says that Aku had anything to do with the family of the scottsman existing, or the monkeys that jump good, or the 3000 men, etc.

A lot of characters seemed to live isolated from the things that Aku did
>>
>What is the buttefly effect
>>
>>92584362
a theory
>>
>>92584504
A GAME THEORY
>>
>>92584319
Actually if you take a dimensional view on time travel, even after Aku's death in the past those people we left in Aku Future still exist. Our Aku-Free timeline just continues in another direction.

Those people still exist. You could go back to the Aku Future and visit those people.

Time travel is actually dimensional travel not actual time travel, basically.

Yes smart people with actual PhDs have banted this around. We all get bored I guess.
>>
>>92584319
Anon did you know that you went back to say 120,000 B.C and stabbed the first human you saw in North Africa, you would actually kill every single human that exists in Eurasia and the Americas throughout all history right?
>>
Yeah aside from things directly created because of Aku like Ashi and her sisters, there's nothing wrong in assuming that everyone else will be born into the future and live together as they had in the Aku timeline minus Aku's tyranny.

I feel like the ending, Ashi and the ladybug symbolize the one thing that Jack, both as as a character and as a series, lacked prior to season 5. That thing is hope. The ladybug gave Ashi hope, Ashi gave Jack hope, and the series finale finally gives the audience hope. Its bittersweet to think about the Scottsman and all the others never knowing Jack, but it is in the end better that way because at least they'll be in a world free from darkness.

I loved the ending. It makes perfect sense to me.
>>
NotOP here,
>>92584766
Negative: Most humans died out 60,000 years ago after a super volcano eruption.

Further: Killing that one person doesn't doom all their descendents because there's a strong chance their would-be partners would've adjusted to breed with someone else.
>>
>>92584872
I dont think you understand the concept of a common ancestor.
>>
>>92584968
Or sexual reproduction, either.
>>
>>92584319
Most of them were aliens who were immigrating to Earth due to Aku's shenanigans.
>>
>>92584686
I those rules were in play then Ashi would not have died. She disappeared because of a time paradox.
>>
You guys realize that almost all of Jack's friends we killed in the battle against Aku, right?
>>
>>92585137
You are one specific sperm and one specific egg, fertilized at one specific time, change the time of fertilization and one of your potential siblings would exist not you.

So this means if you kill an ancient human you also wipe out any human that came from his sperm and since all human races have common ancestors back to 120,000 B.C it means you kill every human in Eurasia and America.

See anon humans in your country are 34th cousins to you, humans in your continental region are 42th cousins with you, humans in your face are 51st cousins with you, and humans outside of your race are at the very least 74th cousins with you.
>>
File: sketch1495398857226.png (41KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sketch1495398857226.png
41KB, 720x1280px
>>92585201
This. The timeline literally loops back on itself but then goes in a new direction with Aku's destruction. Ashi wouldn't have been born without Aku so she doesn't exist anymore.

I did this quick sketch to show how it works. First x is Aku shooting Jack into the future. Second x is Jack going back in time emphasized by the arch. Since he kills Aku, in his second passing through the first x the timeline doesn't go in the same direction anymore.
>>
>>92585325
Yeah, I got that. I'm saying there would just be other humans. She would've fucked Rod had Tod died.
>>
>>92585201
I'm aware the dimensional travel instead of time travel rules were not in play. I was just pointing out we could've had a version of this story that didn't end with Ashi vanishing and the people back in Aku-Future continuing a life. A miserable one since Jack didn't kill future-Aku and he'd be free to continue reigning over Earth and a growing galactic empire.
>>
>>92584319
>A lot of characters seemed to live isolated from the things that Aku did

In terms of his impact over several centuries, Aku was probably the equivalent of an extinction event or a world war unto himself. If you look at far-reaching calamities in our history (the Black Death, for example) even untouched areas were eventually affected by the longterm consequences of their effects.

For argument's sake, let's say the Scotsman's family came from a remote highland village, and that it went largely untouched by outside forces during Aku's rule because conflict in the region made it too dangerous for travellers and merchants to reach. Remove Aku's influence and thus the source of conflict, and the village would have more commerce, different influences, and ultimately a different history. All it would take to prevent the Scotsman's birth in this scenario would be any of his ancestors deciding to leave the village before having children.
>>
>>92585500
But that's stupid.
>>
>>92584319
Have you ever read a book or had a thought in your entire worthless life?
>>
>>92584527
Reddit
>>
>>92584872
>Further: Killing that one person doesn't doom all their descendents because there's a strong chance their would-be partners would've adjusted to breed with someone else.

What in god's name... are you under the impression that you would be the same person if you had a different mother or father?
>>
>>92585712
Okay. That would make you not exist.
>>
>>92585264
That's what I keep saying but everyone ignores it. The only thing left in the future was him and ashi, plus some of the scotmans daughters
>>
>>92584319
I haven't rewatched the original episodes in who knows how many years, but didn't they address this in an episode? Probably pretty early on, right? I'm sure there was a scene where Jack is talking with someone about how he'll go back to the past to defeat Aku, they mention that would mean that the people of the future would never exist, but the person talking to Jack says it would be worth it for a world free from Aku.

Maybe I'm just making this up, but I could swear they addressed it.
>>
>>92586068
It makes sense though. And in the new timeline, though it would be drastically different, we could assume that parallels would exist between the two. Such as the Scotsman and other friends of Jack's still coming into existence, just as slightly altered people livng a more prosperous life now with Aku gone.
>>
>>92586481
A new timeline would mean a different universe. Even if the timeline were to loop back, everyone's lives in the old timeline would instantly end.

Not only that, but say some of Jack's friends were still born (As unlikely as that is) they would be different people. They could act similarly, maybe even look the same and all that, but they wouldn't be the same Scotsman, the same dog guy, the same whoever else. It's like you dying and someone makes a clone of you with your memories. You still died. You don't just get to move over to the clone. You're dead. The clone however, would think otherwise, as they have your memories, and would believe they are you.
>>
>>92586175
Not everyone died. If you look, there were still a good number of peeps still alive. We can infer that some died offscreen, but not all.
>>
>>92584504
>a theory

It's a non-trivial effect observed in the real world.
>>
>>92584686
>Those people still exist.
No they don't. Even if the timeline was preserved (which it wasn't), Aku would have killed them all.
>>
>there are people dumb enough here that they fail to understand why Aku not existing would change the future in such a skewed manner the characters we know would have never existed.
>>
>>92587134
Exactly my point. >>92584769 It sucks but at the same time all the characters we've come to love have just given the ultimate sacrifice in the chances of a new and brighter future without Aku.
>>
>>92584362
Genndy doesn't care about it. Never cared on his previous works.

Anyway, the
>huuur you killed them
Is a stupid concept, considering that for each person, 5 others would have existed in a brighter and more hopeful future.
>>
The only way that they would continue to exist at this point is if souls existed in a cycle of reincarnation or were placed in bodies by the gods, which would mean that they'd be the same in essence but occupying different bodies in different lives. Otherwise they never existed and will never exist.
>>
>>92587456
Samefag, but I want to hear Genndy address this because otherwise the ending is a punch in the gut for essentially no other reason but to be a punch in the gut.
>>
>>92584872

Did you miss sex ed or something?
>>
>>92584319
Wouldn't there be an alternate time split from when the past Jack was sent to the future seconds before future Jack showed up to change the future? Wouldn't that mean then that there's a second Jack of a now alternate timeline without Aku trapped in the future?

They should do a movie about these now Past and Future Jacks trapped in timelines they no longer wish to be in and questioning if he could some how simultaneously save his family and world of the past and Ashi.
>>
>>92587340

we don't know how far into the future Jack is.

Maybe robots and aliens and all that stuff is part of the natural progression of humanity
>>
>>92584319

Spirits and the afterlife exist in Samurai Jack.

By staying in the future, all of those killed by Aku in the past get to "Live on" eternally as spirits.
However, by going back to the past, Jack wiped out 1,000 years worth of people.
People that aren't killed, but ceased to exist.
Meaning they don't get spirits either.

Aku denied people life.
Jack denied them existence.
>>
>>92584686
This is a work of fiction, therefore it works the way the author wrote it. And this was clearly not written this way.
>>
>>92585826
No, all it would take for the Scotsman not to exist is his father fucks his mother 10 seconds early or late. Then a different sperm would win, and the Scotsman's brother/sister who never existed would be born instead.
Literally a difference of a few seconds thanks to Aku's millenia of rule would be enough for every single character not to exist.
>>
>>92587424
Pfft, fuck that. I want my robots and Scotsman and talking dogs.
>>
>>92584686
>string theory
>>
>>92585201
But there's an other problem at play here.
Stick with me for a sec, cause time travel be trippy:
>Ashi is the daughter of Aku, made with his evil essence
>Ashi has her dad's powers
>Ashi uses powers to get Jack and her back to the past
>Jack kills Aku in the past
>Ashi stops existing, since she was born from Aku in the future

The big BIG problem is here:
>Ashi uses powers to get Jack and her back to the past

Is she stopped existing but, by her actions, Jack got back to the past, that means that Jack never got to the past, because Ashi was never born, to inherit her father's powers to open the portal in time.

If anyone BUT Ashi would have made a portal, or Jack would have used anything BUT Ashi's powers to get back, the ending would make sense, but as it stands, it's half butterfly effect and half... I don't even know.
>>
File: hwha.png (17KB, 420x335px) Image search: [Google]
hwha.png
17KB, 420x335px
>>92587683
Fuck.
>>
>>92587759
Work of fiction. If Jack ever gets to visit the future in a comic or something it's almost certain he will meet his friends living without aku. Think of the one in a million rule.
>>
>>92587898
Then Ashi shouldn't have died. The exact same reson that she winked out of existence applies to everyone else in that world.
>>
>>92584362

Ashi doesn't dissapear until the marriage ceremony instead of immediately after AKu dies. I don't think butterfly effect would work anyway, unless time had to take time to catch up with time.
>>
>>92587946
Ashi is a special case. And again, you are trying to apply logic to something that never had it to begin with.
>>
File: kafkaesque.jpg (207KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
kafkaesque.jpg
207KB, 621x621px
>>92587946
This, what a fucking dick move on Genndy's part. There was literally no reason to kill Ashi but to make the ending ~bittersweet~. Cheap emotional trick. I really hope he comes up with some sort of explanation about how billions of people weren't literally erased from existence 'cause that's some bullshit.
>>
>>92584319
Except Ashi.
She won't be a different person.
>>
>>92588039
I don't have a problem with Ashi dying.
I don't have a problem with Jack dying.
Either or both of them sacrificing themselves to destroy Aku would be fine.
But they erased everyone in the future from existence althogheter.
For me the series is dead. It managed to top TTGL and Mass Effect 3 for me, as the most unsatisfying ending ever.
>>
>>92588123
He took TTGL's ending and doubled down on the shit ending by not killing the waifu, but erasing from existence her
and every other character that was born after Aku sent Jack into the future.
The Guardian who so many people were so eager to see again? He never existed.
>>
File: fugggg.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
fugggg.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>92588123
Yeah...I don't know what the hell Genndy was thinking. The entire series was rendered meaningless, and he dedicated the last season to cultivating a new character and relationship only to have her disappear from existence entirely for absolutely no reason, depriving Jack of happiness. There are numerous avenues he could have taken for the ending, and he chose the only one that managed to be completely unsatisfying. He didn't even leave any non-convoluted way for people to keep the characters alive in headcanon.
>>
>>92588274
The Guardian might be one of the FEW exceptions, as it is implied he and the portal have been around since... A long time.
>>
>>92588345
I was kinda thinking about rewatching the old Season 1-4 episodes. There's some real gems in there. But now, they lost all meaning.
I can pretty safely say that I won't intentionally rewatch any episode of SJ again.
>>
>>92588465
I'm in the same boat; I still needed to catch the last couple episodes of s4 and wanted to rewatch s5, but given the ending, there really doesn't seem to be a point. None of it happened anyway, and it's better not to get emotionally invested in anything that would just cease to exist.
>>
>>92588345
>>92588465
What did you guys think "undo the future that is aku" meant?
>>
>>92588555
I thought he'd realise that was a foolish, naive wish, and grow past it, and work to change the future for the better.
Guess I was the naive one.
>>
>>92588555
That he would realize he shouldn't do that.
>>
>>92588555
That it was a device to drive the story, or that time travel would involve multiple timelines.

At the very least, Genndy didn't have to devote a good portion of the last season to building a relationship only to destroy it for no reason. There's no reason why Ashi had to disappear or why she had to be introduced in the first place if only to disappear in the end. That just pisses off jashifags and anti-jashifags who didn't want the final season to be so romance-heavy.
>>
I am channeling every ounce of my hate into Gennedy for what he has done. Im am so fucking pissed off and THROUGH with Western Cartoons after that embarrassing shitshow of a finale Samurai Jack had last night. Who the fuck thought that was okay to air?????
Completely half-assed and rushed, tons of things left unanswered, and despite Jack finally going back and destroying Aku, it felt so fucking impact less and unfulfilling. It happened so fucking fast. The worse part is, that Russian cuckold probably considers this his master piece. Yeah, its a master piece alright. Master piece of fucking SHIT.
Fuck Ashi. Fuck Samurai Jack and most of all fuck western cartoons. If this fucking medium isn't going to respect its viewers as adults then they can keep their target audience of babies and children.

Farewell /co/, I will not be returning to this board since Western animation is dead as can be. Enjoy getting 3 new shows every 5 years or so that include baby shit or "adult" comedies while I enjoy 50 new anime and live dramas that have come out just this season alone.
Fucking assholes.
>>
>>92588039
>I really hope he comes up with some sort of explanation about how billions of people weren't literally erased from existence 'cause that's some bullshit.
>>92588123
>But they erased everyone in the future from existence altogether.

After thinking it over for a bit, the snap decision to go through the portal bothers me the most. Jack chose to stay in the future because he didn't want to sacrifice others before, so I'm sad he didn't have time to reflect on the consequences of undoing history.

if Genndy really wanted to go the star-crossed lovers route, I would have preferred if Ashi had been unable to travel with Jack through the portal. If I remember right, we never saw Aku use them himself, so I'd buy that as an excuse to separate them. There was no reason Jack had to go back immediately after beating Aku. Not like the past was going anywhere. Instead, they could have said their goodbyes, and it wouldn't feel like a major moral dilemma was glossed over in favour of a seamless action sequence.

>>92588555

I expected that to be subverted, honestly. That he'd realize that the future is more than just Aku's influence, and that there were things and people in it worth preserving.
>>
>>92587869
The entire show is a time paradox from even the beginning.
>>
>>92588689
Haha, see you tomorrow anon.
>>
>>92588689
Dude, almost everyone's unhappy with the ending, but there's no need to get this upset. At the end of the day, it's just a cartoon. And animu has its own problems
>>
>Aku dies
>Technology doesn't evolve at a faster rate from aliens with more advanced tech never being forced onto the planet
>World becomes overpopulated and in a worse situation than when Aku was around to keep it unintentionally balanced
>Other planets in the universe are focused on fighting and enslaving each other instead of working together and focusing on the one thing enslaving them all

Jack fucked up.
>>
>>92588740
>No reason to be upset at what is basically an "it was all a dream" ending.
Ok.
>>
>>92584766
How would only one human reproduce without another of the opposite sex? CHECKMATE ATHEISTS
>>
>>92584319
>ts, there is nothing in the future that says that Aku had anything to do with the family of the scottsman existing, or the monkeys that jump good, or the 3000 men, etc.

I always reasoned that the reason their where Spartans, Celtic warriors, a traditional feudal Japanese family, etc, was because Aku had stunted human culture in a way when he sent Jack into the future and began to take over. Otherwise the Samurai Jack world would've progressed"normally" as our world had. Granted, one could argue that the Samurai Jack world was anachronistic by nature so they could still exist, but I feel like the continued existence of historical warriors was meant to be the influence of Aku.
>>
>>92588775
>THIS upset
>>
Easiest way to tell if someone's a plebiscite is if they can't stand to watch something without a happy ending.
>>
>>92588836
I don't consider him shouting his displeasure on a imageboard dedicated to cartoons to be disproportional.
This is the place to do it. Him going and shouting it on the street, IRL, that would be too much.
Venting here is fine.
>>
>>92588689
>I am channeling every ounce of my hate into Gennedy for what he has done
get laid, id just a cartoon
>>
>>92588901

Read this >>92588123 , moron. We don't have a problem with the ending being bittersweet. We have a problem with it being the shittiest option Genndy could have gone with.
>>
The only person we actually see okay after dying is the Scotsman. For all you know everyone else is suffering endlessly. Take for example Jacks parents and kingdom.

I don't get why it's so hard to just have a sliver of optimism and imagine that in this new timeline, things will go right. The new future won't have the characters we grew with but who's to say that with the way death and spirits may work, and with the influence of the gods now that Aku is no longer in control, that there can't exist an alternate timeline/universe that flows similarly to before, with corrections made due to Aku's absence?

If this were a straight sci-fi story, yeah, Jack just erased all his friends from existence. But who's to say the gods can't make things happen so that these characters don't ever come back again? Hell, even without their influence it could still just be a mirrored reality where alternate versions of the characters come to exist.

I don't know. I liked the ending. I just don't get why you're all digging so deep into this. Ffs if you want to take all this too seriously, Jack cannot ever go into the future if he at some point kills Aku. Since he killed Aku the Aku future never happened so he should have no recollection of it. It literally never came to fruition due to the cycle of travel breaking. I of course ignore the paradox ending the series had because it's a fucking cartoon about a samurai with a magic sword in the future fighting robots and aliens.

Just let it go.
>>
>>92588960
>We have a problem

YOU have a problem, only autist in 4chan had problems with the show
>>
>>92587368

Most were dead by the time Ashi and Jack went back.
>>
>>92588964
Because that's going to inane levels of headcannon and wishfull thinking.
>>
File: ashi.png (944KB, 1675x941px) Image search: [Google]
ashi.png
944KB, 1675x941px
>>92588959
>tfw when gotten laid
>with girls I felt nothing towards
>felt more sadness over losing an animated character than when I broke up with a girl in response to her telling me she loved me
>>
File: SamuraiJackbestending.png (47KB, 1322x264px) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiJackbestending.png
47KB, 1322x264px
>>92584319
>>
>>92588714

To be fair, only the premise that going back would change history is paradoxical:
>Jack lives a normal life until he's removed from the present by Aku
>time progresses linearly
>Jack is re-inserted into the timeline hundreds of years later
>linearity preserved, no wibbly-wobbley time balls
If Jack had been unable to return, everything would have checked out.
>>
Everyone fuck off, this is how it should have ended

Jack stays in the future, defeats future Aku, wanders the world until he's sure everyone is safe, maybe even becoming King Jack. Then after the future is saved, and he says farewell to everyone, he goes through a time portal back in time and saves the past. His actions can either be undone or make a split timeline shown, keeping his character the way it always was, saving others before going back to the past anyway.

Ashi dies when he defeats past Aku, or she doesn't and they get married, whatever.
>>
File: let me educate you.gif (171KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
let me educate you.gif
171KB, 267x199px
>>92584319
>there is nothing in the future that says that Aku had anything to do with the family of the scottsman existing
Do you even know what a butterfly effect is? Think about this. Without Gavrilo Princip assasinating Franz Ferdinand, WWI would not have started, without the zimmerman telegram, the US wouldnt have gotten involved, without WWI, Germany wouldnt have been crippled and turned nationalist, without that Germany wouldnt have become a powerful, venegeful Reich aftwerwards, without that there wouldnt be a WWII, without that 70 million people dont die and the US doesnt become THE superpower while Europe rebuilds.

That's all in one century. Now imagine thousands of years like the SJ timeline?
>>
>>92588959
I have gotten laid, ask your mum. Now run along and go start up minecraft or something kid, adults are talking about cartoons.
>>
If Aku didn't exist, things would be slightly off which means that various certain sperm wouldn't meet various certain eggs and thus change everything.
>>
>>92589032
The ending is such a damn cliffhanger it is up to YOU to imagine what happens next. The battle is won. The future is bright. The ladybug at the end should have clued you in that what Jack did was for the better. He's spent the whole season thinking "all hope is lost". Well now he and we finally have it. I say it's better he go back to the past and the future is up for us to decide than he stay in the future and let his family and friends from the past suffer unavenged deaths for all eternity. Think of all the teachers and friends we saw when he went back. They'd be dust if he stayed in the future. Their lives permaturely snuffed out because he didn't go back. The fate of the future is an if. The fate of everyone else from the past has always been a terrible fate the moment the show started. Have some hope and things will look bright. Have some hope and the ending is bright.
>>
>>92589226

Kinda like that Astro City story where the Hangman helps people get over the latest CoIE/Tme line fuckaroo
>>
>>92584319
>Copy and pasting this from anoyher thread since it's semi-relevant:

Are you guys forgetting that Aku's earth was largely uninhabitable hellscape or overgrown ruins, with only pockets of civilization here and there?

There's also the fact that Aku attacked other planets, forcing their people to come to Earth and worship him.

Jack's actions ultimately have saved more than what was erased.
Also to the people saying the characters from the future still exist, you're all dumbasses. If your great grandad didn't exist, you wouldn't either. How is that so hard to comprehend?
>>
>>92589432
People live and die and suffer and enjoy life endlessly.
The fact is that the characters in the series that we liked, the ones who we have rapport with would never have existed with the ending we had.
That's the problem.
The number of people that Jack "saved" is the same as the one he destoyed: infinite. Because different people would be born from the fork point until the end of time, in both timelines.
But we care more about the people in the destroyed timeline, because we know them.
>>
>>92589524
This is the same reason why going back in time to kill Hitler (or whoever) would be a bad ideea. You'd destroy the present as it is now, with no guarantee of a better outcome.
Maybe the people that Jack "saved" all die in a war that would not happen with Aku there, or nuclear war happens and everyone dies, or an asteroid hits the planet, one that Aku had just swatted aside in the original timeline.
There is NO GUARANTEE that the future is better without Aku.
>>
File: JackTheWarrior-King2[1].jpg (112KB, 1189x890px) Image search: [Google]
JackTheWarrior-King2[1].jpg
112KB, 1189x890px
Really makes you think
>>
I waited so many years for this. I don't care they are all dead or never existed.

All is well.
>>
>>92589432
>the whole story is a time paradox that can't exist should Jack kill Aku in the past because then he would never send him into the future/future would never happen

>magic sword that disappears and reappears whenever gods see fit

>the fact that there are gods, magic, and ghosts

>the fact thst there are aliens, multiple time portals that anyone could use, and every other thing that is total fiction in the show

You're trying to make total sense out of an extremely fictitious story with so many things in it that aren't real or would never happen, that the idea of some magic mumbo jumbo giving us the same characters in a new future is not that far fetched. The entire way the time travel even works in this story contradicts itself, let alone how the gods can influence shit and how the afterlife and spirits/reincarnation work.

I'm not a dumbass for thinking in this magical world that the gods or time itself realigns itself in Aku's abcense (since he was an unnatural entity fucking with the flow of everying anyways) and things are set to a different but similar path and the characters we know are born back anew in the good future. The possiblities are endless. Literally anything could happen now. You fucking choose how it ends. If you wanna dwell on the butterfly effect shit then fine. I don't care because just as Genndy doesn't give us the good ending with a screenshot of said reborn Scotsman and co., he also doesn't show us them being shat out of existence. Make of it what you want but it's not impossible given the nature of the cartoon.
>>
>>92588960
>read this

No
>>
>>92584872
Holy fuck, this is a new level of bio-ignorance.
>>
>>92584504

A CARTOON THEORY

THANKS FOR WATCHING
>>
>>92587683
And this is why abortion is wrong
>>
This is why network heads need to watch things before they air, Lasso said he wasn't even going to watch it until it aired so he didn't spoil himself. Great job fago
>>
I find it interesting that despite the move to [as], the prior death seen of non robotic creatures, and even this season having such die, the finale only had the robots in the robot "die" and of course Aku.

I'm fine with it, just something I noticed. Despite being more out in the open the sea aliens just seemed to have gotten knocked off their jellyfish, and the woolies weren't shown during the hail either. The only bad end for one of them was the Yakko dog whose name I can't remember, because his ship was fucked and he was falling, but even inside it was just a few pricks barley coming in, he easily could've survived through convenient tech.

Also every line/noise Ashi made in this finale seemed fucking grating, example being the UAAGHHU stressing sounds in the Aku suit and the way she says her final lines, especially "existed". It's just sharp or something.

also was her fading in 0.30 seconds and her dress falling even quicker supposed to be sad because it's timing seemed comical
>>
The worst part was they managed barley any humor
>>
>>92594966
0/10
>>
>>92584686
If that were true Ashi would still be alive.
>>
File: 1469656409889.png (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469656409889.png
497KB, 1920x1080px
Two words faggots:

Multiverse Theory
>>
>>92587946
>Then Ashi shouldn't have died.
But with Ashi there's no other way she would have existed without Aku. That was central to her identity.
>>
>>92595190

Doesn't make sense for what happened to Ashi, though. Fading away suggests there was only one unified timeline and her erasure just took a while to catch up to her.
>>
File: jacknap.png (330KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
jacknap.png
330KB, 1344x756px
>>
>>92595426

No. Ashi was linked to the Aku in the future. As soon as they went through the portal she was cut off from him and began weakening.

Even if the Aku they killed in the past had lived, she probably would have died anyway, because she was a piece of the future Aku.
>>
File: reeeeee.png (313KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.png
313KB, 1344x756px
>>92595605
SHUT UP I'M TRYNA SLEEP
>>
File: 1492202448021.gif (255KB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
1492202448021.gif
255KB, 300x243px
the jetsons is a dream of jack and samurai jack is a dream of the professor and the powerpuff girls is a dream of grim, billy, and mandy, and the grim adventures of billy and mandy is a dream of the kids next door

you can't refute this
>>
>>92584319
This is a better ending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHoeWDUYA4
>>
Just take it to /sci/, already.
Let them deal with this retardation.
>>
>>92584319
You really don't want to open this can of worms anon. Or it'll be another Dragon Ball time travel mumbo jumbo. Where you have the time travel that basically is a time travel between timelines and the time travel where you travel back in the timeline itself. It'll hurt you.
>>
How could Jack be sent to the past if Ashi never existed? This shit doesn't make any sense. Even Jack's memories of all this shit shouldn't exist because technically it never happened.
>>
>>92588782
All of us human apes come from like 60 individuals if you go back to 200,000 B.C.
>>
>>92589657
Killing Hitler wouldnt do shit since his next in commands were actually more competent than him.
>>
>>92596214
but you don't know if something hitler did let do something good in the present, if his next in commands even did a+ shit it'd still be different in the future
>>
>>92584319
Even with alternate timelines the future people are still damned.
Aku's still in the future Jack left and there's no magic sword in sight
>inb4 but Ashi disappeared so the timeline is linear
Nigger, I said "even if"
>>
File: 1478734960437.png (179KB, 396x454px) Image search: [Google]
1478734960437.png
179KB, 396x454px
ENOUGH

IF I WAS HITLER JACK AND I DEFEATED THE JEWS AKU THE TIMELINES COULD SPLIT IF THAT'S HOW THEY DECIDED TO WRITE IT MAKE THE UNIVERSE AND CINDERELLA ASHI WOULDN'T HAVE TO VANISH, PERIONIS
>>
File: 1396322760747.gif (2MB, 236x132px) Image search: [Google]
1396322760747.gif
2MB, 236x132px
>wedding
>immediately think that they couldn't possibly copy TTGL's ending
>it immediately happens
jesus fuck
>>
File: scotsmans.png (225KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
scotsmans.png
225KB, 720x540px
>ACH! YOU'VE REALLY DONE IT NOW JACK! YA DONE WENT AND CREATED MULTIPLE TIMELINES!

>WHILE YER ALL HAPPY IN THA PAST, WE STILL BE HERE IN THE FUTURE FIGHTAN AKU! WE NEED YA JACK. COME BACK!
>>
>>92595745
SHUT UP! I'M TRYIN' TO NEVER EXIST BECAUSE AKU WAS KILLED BEFORE HE COULD TELL MY STORY!
>>
Obviously time paradoxes are settled by eventual read consistency.
>>
>>92584319
It's directly stated that aku is the one who brought aliens to earth.
>>
>>92597732
OH YEA! PORR-
>>
File: JJL_ch065_036_037.png (755KB, 1784x1280px) Image search: [Google]
JJL_ch065_036_037.png
755KB, 1784x1280px
>>92584319
Some of them might even be cooler in this rebooted future.
>>
If there's a multiple timeline thing going on, that would mean there is still a future that is Aku.
That would make him going back to the past pointless.
>>
File: scotsmanhouse.jpg (8KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
scotsmanhouse.jpg
8KB, 250x189px
>>92584319
the scottsman lived far away and he was the only one that left his house and that's why Aku had a price for his head.

I mean, look at that, does it look like Aku affected that place at all?

Clearly the scottsman and his family would still exist regardless of Aku, I think that clearly a lot of places were not affected by Aku regardless of whatever he did
>>
File: 1494551460887.jpg (47KB, 467x263px) Image search: [Google]
1494551460887.jpg
47KB, 467x263px
>>92597228
when will people understand that only weebs know about Gurren Lagan?

Yes the ending is similar but that doesn't make it a rip off and I can argue that Samurai Jack is better by default because visualyl is not a generic piece of shit anime that has the character smiling like a happy girl because she is dissapearing...
>>
>>92597712

If this was the case Ashi wouldn't be dead since the Aku she came from would still be alive
>>
>I think Ashi should've lived
>>
>>92560191
>>
>>92598460
Wow, underage AND ESL. That's a new one.
I mean, this is /co/, right? Most of this stuff is aimed at <18yo. Do you get this a lot?
>>
>>92587683
They probably live different existences.

Like Jack's parents or the Guardian.

Also I don't think the gods give half a shit about time paradoxes since they could probably summon magic time portals and supreme evil killing swords like nothing.
>>
>>92597712
>Even if Jack did try to go back to that future via time portal, he can't
>The damage has been done
>>
>>92584319
>It just means that they will be different people
Her father was literally Aku. Her mother was directly impregnated by him.
>>
>>92599816
Ashi isn't everyone
>>
Don't consider Ashi as child of Aku and hooded woman. Consider her as clone of hooded woman, created with Aku's magic.
>>
File: jack getting fucking MARRIED.png (551KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
jack getting fucking MARRIED.png
551KB, 900x900px
We didn't get a happy ending with Jack, even though an attempt was made. Him smiling after bad shit happens is a running thread in the series, he finds hope somewhere at some point, but it's always dashed.

Hell we didn't even get to see him happy but 3 seconds
>>
everyone talking science like time travel mechanics and having different parents meaning you wouldnt exist someone else would but they forgot souls destiny and magic exist in sj
>>
File: 1478674952652.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478674952652.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>92601648
souls destiny and magic exist in real life too
>>
>>92601671
yeah but i was talking from a neutral on real life quandaries perspective
>>
>>92601370
this fucking picture
>>
>>92589677
What if Jack never loses his immortality and eventually becomes this?
>>
>>92587291
>observed in the real world.

We can time travel?
>>
>>92602401
Then why was it in the portal viewer as something that is required before he goes back back back
>>
>>92585325

With that logic every possible future path means the death of billions of other potential paths, which is true. It's basically opportunity cost applied to timelines. We just feel attached to this future because we've seen it, but if Jack goes back in time, any possible future is just that: a possible future. The selection to preserve any one of them causes the death of all the others. The bad future itself exists at the expense of every other possible future.
>>
>>92584319
God they all fell for it.
>>
>>92602363
all of the art in this season was extremely wrong and off-model for the show as a whole. Especially the facial animations. Way too spongebob.
>>
>>92602463
I just meant that it makes me feel all kinds of emotions, but yea that's in the mix. The only thing that isn't is "dude that's the sad scene where ashi died" because I couldn't even muster up tears. It'd be more of "dude that's when the shitty ending really kicked in".

The rest is just me being sad it's over and stuff like that and that seeing Jack smile is a blessing. I just wish they didn't alter his design like they did
>>
>>92602411
I time travel forward every night when I sleep. You do too.
>>
>>92602526
what the fuck is this anyway, why does time speed up
>>
>>92591902
And dont forget masturbation! Millons of potential lifes wasted...
>>
Assuming all of Jacks friends would still be alive in the future is incredibly silly. Aku's existence was an incredibly disruptive force in the world. He controlled the government, committed genocide with giant bug robots, and devastated the natural environment. Most of Jacks friends were mutants, aliens, robots, and other shit that wouldn't be on Earth without Aku fucking around.
>>
>>92586351
I think, yes. In third or fourth episode, that one about scientists building rocket to escape Earth.

>>92587946
If we speaking about possible scenario, Ashi winking out could be explained by interference of some timewalking fraction.
Maybe someone somewhen decided to play with Jack, break his heart by taking away his would-be-wife (and at the same time fix the timeline and/or remove last part of Aku from the existance).

>>92602679
More so, Aku brought (or allow to settle) many of the aliens in exchange of their worship.
>>
>>92584686
But since Ashi was born in the Aku Future timeline, wouldn't she still exist since she came from a different timeline that still happened?
>>
This is how the show ended? It's what I was often thinking about while watching the early seasons - why would all those characters cheer for Jack if he is essentially trying to erase their existence instead of giving them a better future.
>>
>>92584319
>he doesn't known how the future works
>>
>>92584319
> billions of people not dying doesn't effect the future

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>92602642
Time is an illusion. Illusions are only effective when observed. When we sleep we do not observe the illusion that is time.
Thus 'time' for us is only perceived when we are awake. When we sleep, it passes like the snap of ones fingers.
We may have dreams, but we only perceive and remember them if awoken and the proper time, usually only if they're interrupted.
The conscious mind is required to experience time. Without it we are free of it.
>>
>>92585264
Since afterlife exists in that universe, being dead sure as fuck beats not being born or being an entirely different person with a different personality shaped by different experiences and circumstances.

Scotsman was fucking dead and he was cool with it. Once he would stop being dead he would just go to his own heaven like the lava monster did.

Now the Scotsman we all knew doesn't fucking exist.
>>
Time travel isn't really that complex, but this show handles it really poorly.

Aku sends Jack into the future. Whatever.

Jack lives in that future. Fine.

But then Jack goes back to the past, and kills Aku AFTER he had been sent to the future. Now everything is fucked.

Jack kills Aku, right? That means the jack that was sent to the future is living in a COMPLETELY different world. But is it a unified universe / timeline deal? Because if so, that Jack would never return to the past to kill Aku.

And if it IS unified, that means Aku comes back somehow, so that Jack's future is the same as ours, who goes to the past, kills Aku after being sent forward, rinse and repeat forever.

But that means Ashi wouldn't have died, so it CAN'T be a unified timeline.

But now that there's another Jack flying through time, and assuming OUR Jack is still immortal from the time-magic, does that mean there are going to be two Jacks, and two magic swords at some point?

Time travel only works on a straight timeline. The past is as it would be had you already interfered, and nothing can change the future. If you go back to "change" something, all you're really doing is ensuring the future to turn out how you've always known it. And if you don't go back, then still nothing changes.

Time is as it is.
>>
>>92603434
>Once he would stop being dead
Stop being a ghost*
>>
>>92584362
A shitty movie staring Ashton Kutcher.
>>
>>92591902
Destroying a potential person is not the same as wiping an already existingperson from existence.
>>
>>92603436
How is it a problem when an artist depicts something that nobody can understand in a way that you disagree with?
>>
Do you even know the odds for a consciousness to exist?
No, you dont because they are so fucking massive you cant even comprehend. For "you" to be created, the exact fucking events must happen the exact same way.
News flash: if your mom and dad had sex a week later, you wouldnt be you. If they had had sex a DAY later, you wouldnt be you. The sperm cell that created you was in the right place at the right time out of an infinite number of possibilities we're all lucky sons of bitches. A fucking nanosecond difference would cause us not to exist.
Nobody in the future timeline will ever exist because of Aku's death.
>>
>>92603434
>being dead sure as fuck beats not being born or being an entirely different person with a different personality shaped by different experiences and circumstances.
I bet if you asked everyone that was suffering under Aku "hey, if you could give your life to prevent Aku from making everyone suffer, would you do it?" they would say yes. You could add whatever stipulations that you want, but when people are being killed, enslaved, etc all the time it's not like they have much to lose, regardless of whether or not they're thinking "well whatever at least I'll go to heaven afterwards."

Besides, technically none of those people should have been that way to begin with because Aku broke the timeline. Would you sit on your bed in a mind numbing panic about "lost lives" if you could fix a Nazi-controlled reality because someone went back in time and helped Hitler?
>>
>>92603533
Not to mention personalities are mostly defined by experiences and circumstances.

The world around you is what shapes your personality. Being born in a different world is going to result in a different personality.
>>
>>92603533
source? So I can laugh
>>
>>92603569
>source?
Common fucking sense and basic understanding of a human brain.
>>
>>92603495
Becausese they're wrong and it's an agreed upon phenomenon called the Gorben Berndt Effect.
>>
>>92603569
You do understand that, if you have siblings, they are made up if the EXACT same genetic material as you, right? That shows you how different the outcome can be.
>>
>Jack is still immortal
>Studies everything he can for various reasons, including making plans for if Aku ever comes back somehow
>Gets lonely
>Creates 3 daughters that could also be potential guardians of the world if he ever managed to die
>Claims he accidentally added an unknown chemical so the public doesn't view him as creating biological weapons
thanks for reading my fanfic make sure to follow favorite and review
>>
>>92603634
>Jack is still immortal
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>92603557
>I bet if you asked everyone that was suffering under Aku "hey, if you could give your life to prevent Aku from making everyone suffer, would you do it?" they would say yes.
Death is not the same as being wiped from existence. Not in Jack's universe at least.

I bet if you asked Scotsman if he was willing to sacrifice the existence of his daughter he would cave your fucking skull in for even asking.

>you could add whatever stipulations that you want, but when people are being killed, enslaved, etc all the time it's not like they have much to lose

>being wiped from existance
>not much to lose
k

>regardless of whether or not they're thinking "well whatever at least I'll go to heaven afterwards."
Going to heaven is big fucking deal. Certainly preferable to not existing at all.

>Besides, technically none of those people should have been that way to begin with because Aku broke the timeline. Would you sit on your bed in a mind numbing panic about "lost lives" if you could fix a Nazi-controlled reality because someone went back in time and helped Hitler?
It's irrelevant if they should or should not exist, they already exist. The damage was done, people were born. Salvaging the situation is much better than effectively destroying it to start again.
>>
>>92584362
Fucking lame excuse. How the hell should we know? Nothing about this is realistic anyway. People just acted like retards and thought everynoe's birth was directly linked to Aku somehow.

We have absolutely no information about the good future. Ask Genndy about it.
>>
>>92584319
You obviously have no idea how time travel works.
>>
>>92588689
No anon don't go, this board will be nothing without you.
>>
>>92603665
Now, only if we had some information about what happened in the future where 60 episodes took place. Something like a properly written ending...
>>
Remember that Genndy saw how the comics ended (where Jack gives up on going to the past in favor of making a better future, becomes King Jack, forms a grand army of people he helped over the years including OCs based on Phil and Mako, and charges into battle against Aku).

And Genndy fucking hated that ending.
>>
>>92584319
I was going to type up a storm about how much of a dipshit retard you would have to be to believe that theory, but then I realized that you're just baiting, and that no one would seriously hold that kind of opinion.

Good work OP, you got me mad. Take this (You) for your troubles.
>>
>>92585500
but that makes no sense because if the other timeline is "retconned" then jack never gets back to the past to kill aku, because aku never fathers ashi to open the portal
>>
>nobody who watches Toonami would know what Gurren Lagan is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-xeCmyjws
>>
>>92603150
gotta get back
back to the past
to fix my typo
>>
>>92589063
U not alone, my negro
>>
I can't believe how many fucking children there are here actually crying about Ashi dying and being so melodramatic
>>
>>92616807
I agree and normally I'm the melodramatic one. Usually sad endings work well on me but the ending to SJ was so shit in general that the only emotion it made me feel was disappointment.
>>
>>92589657
This is true, aku while evil as fuck is a great defender of earth.
>>
>>92584686
Except theyre left alone woth with no magic or jack and no hope to defeat him. Also ashi disappeared so its all one timeline thats reset. The whole point was to undo the future
>>
>Ashi faded out of existence because she was cut off from Aku's spirit, not because of a time paradox

Unless Genndy really was desperate to make a GL reference, this seems like a poor way to show that. She had a normal mother and a flesh and blood body. I can buy that Aku's essence was a part of her life-force or whatever, but if so, why didn't she die in Jack's arms when she ran out of energy, leaving a body behind? AS would have allowed it, and it would have been easier to understand.
>>
Did you guys see the alternate ending?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euo98i4vuaU
>>
File: time travel.png (29KB, 1523x639px) Image search: [Google]
time travel.png
29KB, 1523x639px
>>
>>92620303
I'm so fucking sick and annoyed of people calling her poochie just because MUH FEMALE IN A MAN SERIES

eat fucking trash, she was fine
>>
>these fags backing up genndy under the "time travel is complicated" guise
except genndy did the basic version of it and the issue is he fucked it up by extending her dying to the wedding and also that wasn't needed and it was retarded how her last lines were and how comical her fading was speed wise
>>
>>92621066
Genndy is a storytelling genius and this can't be disproven, the finale was great and it's just assblasted weeabos mad about an anime being ripped off or something and it being a crime

well newsflash, nothing is original anymore and it's impossible to do something that hasn't been done before
>>
>>92620934
Both the left and right side show exactly the same thing. Basically nothing fucking changes and Ashi shouldn't have disappeared, because by traveling to the past they created a new universe.
>>
>>92589677
That episode literally says no man can beat the guardian except the destined one and he will be the one to go through that portal to the past.

Like, that was the setup for the end of the show right there. Old Jack recovers, beats the guardian, uses the portal. By having the guardian killed and the portal destroyed, it invalidates that destiny/prophecy. It's a minor thing but at least we wouldn't have gotten the Ashi crap with tragic timing right before marriage.
>>
>>92589677
IM FUCKING MAD
>>
>>92602411
Butterfly effect doesn't specifically refer to time travel as in the movie of the same title or the Bradbury story "A Sound of Thunder", it can refer to any given small stimuli that causes other unforseen responses.

It gets its name from the idea of a butterfly's wingbeats causing all the way across the world. Or from the bizarre shape graphing such anomalies tends to take, which vaguely resembles eyes or a butterfly's wings.
>>
>>92623060
thanks for reminding me wikipedia posters exist
>>
File: 1349141813184.png (56KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1349141813184.png
56KB, 250x197px
>>92622285
>left and right side show exactly the same thing
>>
Jack created our history, instead of billions dead and aliens
>>
>>92587869
this is why there must be a sixth season or a two part movie.
>>
>>92589677
Why the show must go on. "Never say never."
>>
>>92626666
Damn, Aku
>>
>>92620971
>she was fine
no she wasn't, she was better than fine, she was perfect, and deserved happiness
>>
>>92628276
>she was perfect, and deserved happiness
fuck you
>>
>>92587992
She's the caster and was time displaced just like Jack in the Future so the effect would have reached her latter.
>>
>>92588689
>being this triggered over your waifu being killed off in the last episode

Lmao, calm ur ass, sperglord
>>
File: 1399362865110.jpg (59KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1399362865110.jpg
59KB, 500x363px
>>92588689
Man i feel ya I just watched the last 2 episodes myself and god damn that was just bad. Like come on that shit was rushed as hell. And the sad part is I was willing to let the rushed ending slide if only he didn't do the whole ashi not existing shit.
>>
File: 1395811125104.jpg (130KB, 620x631px) Image search: [Google]
1395811125104.jpg
130KB, 620x631px
>>92597228
Fuck I knew! I was looking at that sceen and thinking to myself this fuck isn't gonna pull a TTGL is he, can't be, couldn't be, he wouldn't do that shit. THEN HE DOES IT! OH COME THE FUCK ON GENDY!
>>
It's perfectly fine if you want to say that everyone is still "destined" to be born. The particular rules of time travel or fate or whatever are completely up to the author/creator.

BUT

The problem comes from the inconsistent way characters behave. Specifically we've seen Jack give up many attempts to go back to the past to save people in the future.

Then in the finale he abandons everyone in the future to go back to the past.
>>
>>92625449
It does though. Any "alternate future" is a "alternate universe".
There is basically 2 kinds of "consistent" time travel, "alternate universes" and "closed loop".
Closed loop imply that everything that jack did after going to the past already happened in the future he was sent to. Which makes no sense as aku wouldnt be alive.
For an example of closed loop, look at stuff like at that Futurama episode on Roswell. Their ship was always the UFO, fry was always his own grandfather, bender has always been burried there. We just didnt knew it till we saw it. They arent creating any new future, just ensure it actually happens like it happened before.
>>
>>92629103
He had no say on the subject, ashi did it and he just rolled with it without thinking. On normal situations he wouldnt go before aku was dead.
>It's perfectly fine if you want to say that everyone is still "destined" to be born. The particular rules of time travel or fate or whatever are completely up to the author/creator.
That would be something nice to see. Only if series could end with, you know, epilogues and resolutions.
>>
>no bants between aku and jack like
>"that pillar did not move by itself aku"
>"yes it diiiiiiiiiiiid"
>>
File: multipletimelines.jpg (41KB, 767x486px) Image search: [Google]
multipletimelines.jpg
41KB, 767x486px
>>92585500
nice rip.
>>
No no no, Jack created an new alternate time in the past. Basically Ashi is still alive but in a different, alternate timeline.

Source
https://youtu.be/gVx4OOcIRXg?t=31s
>>
>every Jack thread is either Ashifags mad or Scotsmanfags mad
every time
>>
>>92629479
the ending was shitty and i hate ashi and couldn't give two shits in a windbasket about the scotsman
>>
>>92629449
>Ashifags grasping at straws trying to justify their waifu is still alive
hilarious
>>
>>92629540
only a terminal retard could like ashi, so why are we surprised
>>
>do a 50 YEAR time skip
>don't do something with the salamander master saying "in time we can fix the portal"
>don't even give them the second hand shaft by """"addressing"""" them
I fucking hate GrandKey
>>
>>92584319
Foolish samuraiposter.
>>
>>92629540
Retards didn't believed that the guardian died because they didn't saw the body, anything is possible when you're retarded
>>
>>92607860

Fuck Genndy, I'm taking Ashi, transplanting her into comic canon, and that's the ending I choose to believe in.
>>
>>92629540
Didn't exist =/= not alive if we take into consideration the dimension of time is what I'm trying to say
>>
>>92629704
It takes 51 years for the portal to rebuild :^)
>>
>>92629851
I get the reason of your post, but while we're on the topic

that shit was literally just fucking rock in the shape of a circle, say it takes about a week to shape the rock together, then about a month to connect the rock and the sparkle magic that wasn't ERADICATED at all by some science stuff and wires inside them, if you wanted to extend this at all it'd be much under 50 years.

also their purity pool would've been REAL GOD DAMN NIFTY HERE
>>
>>92584527
You don't know what game theory is, do you?
>>
>>92630734
You dont know what (horrible) show he is referencing, do you?
>>
>>92630754
I didn't even realize it was a reference. What show was it referencing?
>>
>>92630789
Game theory on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/MatthewPatrick13

Just a show of over analising videogame plots and assets and making up headcanon, most of which is "mario was dead all along", "link should have his arms broken by the hookshot" tier.

They always end up their episodes with "But hey, its just a theory. A GAME THEORY!"
>>
Here's how time travel (should) work and why Genndy fucked up:

If Jack is able to kill Aku after coming back to the past without having to disappear himself, he is subject to a linear time progression from personal perspective and thus subject to temporal isolation - he exists in reality independently of causality because he is inserted and reinserted between time periods, separating him from any cause and effect as a result. Jack exists as an entity fixed in space regardless where he is in time.

Given that Ashi travels with him, she is subject to the same principle and as such should be able to exist after going back to the past regardless of what happened. In effect she takes herself out of a future that won't exist, but due to principle of conservation of mass and energy, there is no way for her to disappear, her presence in the past is already decoupled from the events of the future that has not yet occurred and won't occur, otherwise time travel to the past is impossible for anyone.

I think the big failing of all time travel stories is the failure to acknowledge that the cause and effect and past events in linear storytelling cannot violate laws of thermodynamics when matter (in this case people) are moved in between time periods. Any and all paradoxes instantly resolve themselves when presence of physical matter is fixed in particular time-space and not subject to causality which becomes irrelevant the moment you travel back in past to alter it.

tl;dr Ashi should have not disappeared, matter, energy and time-space do not work that way.
>>
File: prof.png (233KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
prof.png
233KB, 500x382px
>>92603639
But it's such a delightful little fanfic. Are you sure you don't want to finish it?
>>
>>92628788
I literally say "fuck Ashi" in my post you humongous retard.
God damn does everyone on /co/ have a sub IQ of 70.
>>
>>92603495
>something that nobody can understand
Speak for yourself. The behavior of closed timelike curves (time loops and such, as time travel would involve) are understood within General Relativity, which uses a single constant universe. It appears that, in reality, any possible time travel would either work that way or involve travel between branches of a many-worlds universe. The Back to the Future time travel here has no basis or mechanism in any real or imaginary physics, as it involves causality contradicting itself. And since anything can follow from a contradiction (principle of explosion) causality goes out the window and takes the rest of physics with it.
>>
>>92584504
A FILM THEORY

THANKS FOR WATCHING
>>
>>92612445
Westaboos can't continue to pretend cartoons are superior to anime if they acknowledge the blatant plagarism this time around.
>>
>>92589677
Why does no one think that this is what Jack would look like, many years after he has beaten Aku in the past? Maybe that was supposed to be the prophecy, not that he would encounter the Guardian in this form. The one man that was destined to defeat the Guardian is Aku.
>>
>>92630817
That does sound pretty awful. And not just because I'm not a fan of the sentence fragment "just a theory".
>>
>>92584319

This. For example, the Scotsman would still be alive and well, but instead of being an adventuring bass, he'd be some normal office-worker with a mortgage who just happens to have Celtic heritage.

Kinda sucks knowing that an Aku-free world would be the one we have right now.
>>
>>92632528
>adventuring bass
*badass

Fuck, I'm tired.
>>
>>92603640
This. Maybe if Jack was a God character it would make more sense, but the earlier episodes really packed it on that he was a Jesus character.
>>
>>92584319

Yeah but individuals might not exist. Because if Aku's empire had some kind of influence towards their parents, or grandparents, or ancestors meeting each other and starting a family, then that family never existed if Aku was dead and the empire never got built.

Its the butterfly effect. Scotsmen would still exist, "Jump Good" gorillas would still exist, but Scotsman and the Jump-Good dude won't probably exist.
>>
>>92588689
>Enjoy getting 3 new shows every 5 years or so that include baby shit or "adult" comedies while I enjoy 50 new anime and live dramas that have come out just this season alone.

Oooh, sounds nice. What's that one new anime that features a young girl who has a quirky personality, has equally quirky friends and always wears her uniform even when she isn't in class, no matter the situation?

Oh, wait...
>>
>>92619596
He can't be the ultimate evil since people were literally coexisting with him.
>>
>>92622201
>this can't be disproven

Lmao
>>
>>92629199
He knew what was happening to him. He's been halfway and all the way through time portals before.
>>
>Show is about a future that shouldn't have happened.
>I remember watching it in fucking middle school
>Never got attached to a single character
>Scottish guy was a dweeb
>Show ends exactly as we all assumed it would before the guy bitched out and didn't finish it for a fuckign decade.
>retards that have become obsessed with a show that had one good episode in it's original run (the archers) and probably weren't old enough to wipe their own ass just 10 years ago sperg out because it ends how it was always going to
>the people jack spent some time with in the future, met with the knowledge he was using them to move closer to destroying their timeline, now matter more than preventing worldwide genocide and saving his home.

This is a childrens cartoon. I recognize this is /co/ but if you're affected by this ending or REEEE over timeline fuckery, fuck off and kill yourself.

This is why you cartoon watching autists need your own board.
>>
File: 1494826865012.jpg (12KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1494826865012.jpg
12KB, 235x235px
>>92633016
>This is why you cartoon watching autists need your own board.

Where do you think we are?
Bravo for your insight though, I'm sure everyone is lining up as we speak to suck your dick.
>>
Shinto, niggas.

Everyone is fated to exist.

They just exist in a future with no Aku.
>>
>>92632759
>i only watched anime like pokemon and yugioh and now im going to act like im making a point
>>
>>92633016
>children's cartoon
>TV-14
>>
>>92584362
>what is a fucking cartoon that doesn't play by every realistic rule
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.