[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that Green Goblin is the most iconic and influential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1445316948044.jpg (138KB, 295x378px) Image search: [Google]
1445316948044.jpg
138KB, 295x378px
Can we all agree that Green Goblin is the most iconic and influential villain in all comics?

He's the arch nemesis of the most popular superhero in the world and defined the very concept of an arch nemesis. When people think "nemesis," they think Green Goblin.
>>
File: confused-bill-cosby.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
confused-bill-cosby.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>92582943
Why do you post this bait every month?

Wouldn't it be more productive to make something new so people don't catch on?
>>
The Joker.
>>
>>92582975
>>92582990

t.batfag
>>
>>92582943
He's my favorite villain in comics, OP, but you're dead wrong.

The Joker, Lex Luthor, Dr. Doom, the Red Skull all set the standard for 'arch nemesis' before the Goblin. I mean even Doc Ock set the standard for Spidey before the Goblin's introduction.

>When people think "nemesis," they think Green Goblin.
No they don't. 9 times out 10 they think of the Joker.
>>
>>92582943

He just a knockoff Joker

Same smile same color scheme
>>
>>92583010
You said that last month too.

Do you just have replies saved on a word document?
>>
I don't think that's actually true, but he IS a pretty famous one in general since his movie appearances and generally represents a lot of really classic villain traits; he's a wealthy man but selfish, a scientist and an egomaniac, uses his brain more then his fists to fight the hero (especially originally when he was way weaker then Peter), he's batshit crazy, has really recognizable gimmicks, at first he was sympathetic because his condition is only kind of his fault and a result of mental illness (though that's been done away with now), and finally he's ultimately self-defeating.

Also; wears purple and green, that's pretty important.
>>
When I think of Spiderman's nemesis, my head goes to Venom because I read a lot of comics in the 90s, then to Doc Ock.
>>
>>92582943
I don't know whether I like this one or the "Ever notice all of Spider-Man's villains are the natural enemies of spiders?" Pasta. Probably the latter.
>>
>>92583241
The natural enemies one, mostly because of all the variations.
>>
>>92582943
>one if the most popular superheroes in the world
FTFY
>>
>>92584448
*of
>>
File: DocOck_B_Vallejo.jpg (247KB, 581x768px) Image search: [Google]
DocOck_B_Vallejo.jpg
247KB, 581x768px
>>92582943

not even close
>>
>>92584958
Oh c'mon Slott.
>>
>>92584448
I'd bet that Spiderman is still the most popular cape among kids and he sells a crapton of merch.

Joker is definitely the most iconic villain
>>
File: Dr__Doom_by_JoeJusko.jpg (407KB, 796x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Dr__Doom_by_JoeJusko.jpg
407KB, 796x1224px
>>92582943

Peasant.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.