[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when is part where everyone starts claiming the entire show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: BALLS DEEP.jpg (215KB, 900x3740px) Image search: [Google]
BALLS DEEP.jpg
215KB, 900x3740px
So when is part where everyone starts claiming the entire show was never good at all?
>>
>>92579440
14 hours ago.
>>
When the Mary Sue redeems herself by no longer existing.
>>
>>92579440
I don't know but you'd need to be a fag to not like the first 3 episodes of S5
>>
>>92579440
It would be impossible because there are some episodes that are undeniably good, but yeah as a whole the show kind of sucked.
>>
>>92579510
I hope you mean the season. There were some stinkers in S5 but not enough to drop the needle for the whole show.
>>
>>92579440
It was never the paragon of action animation people liked to pretend it was, and the more comedic or 'spiritual'/symbolic episodes were its biggest high points, but it was undeniably a 'good' series that was rather daring for where it was and what it did.
That doesn't stop season 5 being an absolute trainwreck.
>>
>>92579440
You havent been browsing lately?
>>
>>92579440
When E;R reviews it
It's gonna happen eventually
>>
>>92579440
Afro Samurai > Samurai Jack

Just kidding I like them both.
>>
There are 40 threads on Samurai Jack. Nearly 80% of them are about the same damn topics. Holy shit
>>
>>92579741
Everyone thinks their dumbshit opinion or observation is worthy of its own thread. Makes me sick.
>>
>>92579558
Nah I mean the show. Season 5 was bad but the show as a whole had pacing issues and was mediocre except for the good episodes.
>>
>>92579440
Where were you since the past month and as half aka the introduction of Ashi
>>
>>92579741
>13 years worth of shitposting poured out of /co/ in a goopy mess
>>
>>92579594
>That doesn't stop season 5 being an absolute trainwreck.

Elaborate, and let's have it with factual truths and not feefees.
>>
>>92579440
If someone wanted to frame that as like a 10 x 34 poster, how would one go about creating it? Are there sites got this sort of thing?
>>
>>92580514
>factual truth
>about an atmospheric show
Cartoon is art, it's main purpose in inducing feelings and emotions. You're the retard
>>
>>92579440
I've been saying the entire show was a mixed bag ever since season 5 was announced. It's got some excellent episodes in the mix but most are nothing to write home about.
>>
>>92580605
shoop a pattern on both side to fill the gap. make sure the pattern isn't more eyecatching than the central image
>>
>>92580514
Pacing is dreadful, both in the long-form and pace of individual episodes, ending seems contradictory to themes presented in earlier episodes, with problems ranging from just narrative cohesion to "why didn't they just fly the eages up to aku's castle"-tier nitpicks, having Jack's success be dependent almost entirely on Ashi feels like a personal copout.
Also I just fucking loathe Ashi in general but I don't know if that counts as 'feefees'.
>>
>>92581681
Since when has hating a bad character been something frowned upon? Disgusting.
>>
>>92581815
Ignoring waifufaggotry, the common defense I've seen is that her relevance, 'thematically' (which is kindof bs) and to the actual plot somehow make her non-terrible.

Also tumblr hates her for (mostly) retarded reasons so of course a chunk of the community needs to become the Ashi Internet Defense Force
>>
>>92581681
>>Pacing is dreadful
Marathon it and take the season as a single whole instead of episode by episode basis like the previous seasons. Pacing is hardly a problem when you approach it with this mindset.
>>
i always thought it was underwhelming
>>
The second Jack became a "current" show again instead of a nostalgia object, /co/ began hating it, because /co/ mindlessly hates anything that didn't come out when they were 12 (even if it's a continuation of something that did.)
>>
File: 1333093919921.jpg (31KB, 317x427px) Image search: [Google]
1333093919921.jpg
31KB, 317x427px
>>92579440
It really wasn't.

The original series was extremely boring and an utter slog to sit through, outside of maybe a few good episodes. Everyone remembers the one where Jack is fighting the film noir robot, but forgets that most were like the ones where Jack is turned into a chicken or has to protect a baby.

Really this is just an excellent wake up call. Genndy is a hack. Always has been, always will be.
>>
>>92582300
the only bad episode from the original run that I remember would be Jack and the Farting Dragon

I loved the Chicken Jack episode because of the fighting sequences
>>
my only problem with the new season is that people talk too much
>>
>>92581681
>ending seems contradictory to themes presented in earlier episodes

I read this, and think that it is stupid.

Jack STARTED the season without any hope of going back in time. The theme was him OVERCOMING this and deciding that he WILL continue his path.
>>
literally how ashi died
>>
>>92582020
>pacing is hardly a problem if you're marathoning it
But I did marathon it
It's still abysmal.
>>
>>92582557
>he WILL continue this path
that makes zero sense considering he's well-aware the path literally does not exist anymore and he only managed it because Ashi conveniently has papa's Fool Ro Dah because reasons
He's decided that he'll put an end to Aku directly instead of just trying to survive again. And I personally think him managing that without time fuckery would have been more powerful but that's just me.
>>
>>92579440
The finale was so shit it retroactively ruined the show.

Just like Ridley is doing with Covenant regarding the original Alien.
>>
>>92579440
The first 4 seasons and the first 3 episodes of season 5 are still great so never.
>>
>>92582299
>"current" show again instead of a nostalgia object
>/co/ generally likes the first three eps, that are pretty much antithema to the original series
>hates the rest in gradual amounts going onward, that are literally just Ashi-wank or 'MEMBER THE EARLIER SEASONS
really backed my past
>>
>>92582299
i never liked jack and it came out when i was like 10.
shit was boring back then, it was boring when it later was on toonami taking time of series i would actually want to watch, and it is boring nowadays.

i dont think its any good, at all, deal with it.

>shittaste asdasdkajsldkjaskld
whatever

now clone wars its a god tier series and shits on both jack, symbionic titan and dexter any day.
>>
>>92584716
this
>>
>>92584716
>both
>names three things
about what i'd expect from a genndywars fan
>>
File: AKOOGLY EYES THE GREAT.png (151KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
AKOOGLY EYES THE GREAT.png
151KB, 720x480px
>>92579440
I defended the whole season. But the finale... I can see the plot planned points, but you can't shove all of that in 22 minutes. I mean, Jack didn't even have an actual fight with Aku! And what about his parents? They were and old woman and an emaciated slave, but a shave and a haircut later they look exactly like when Jack was 8 years old?

First half of the season was perfect, but then there was too much ideas and plot and only so much focus and time. I hate to say this, but except for Ashi retconing herself, the last episode felt like a fanfiction. I think some Anon wrote a synopsis almost like the one that actually happened and he was laughed away.
Too much hype? Too little time? Nostalgia goggles? Still love the season overall.
WATCHA
>>
File: extra thicc.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
extra thicc.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>>92579463
>When the Mary Sue redeems herself by no longer existing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6n1WCJ98eQ
>>
>>92579440
As someone who watched most of the series as a lead up to this season coming out, it was never very good at all. Maybe you have to be a kid that can't get his bad ass sword action from any other source, but outside of a few cool artistic episodes (such as fighting the ninja) and a few fun characters it was all a very mediocre experience that I could have lived without watching.
>>
>>92584965
> I mean, Jack didn't even have an actual fight with Aku!
People keep bringing this up, and I don't understand. They literally went to the moment before "the last blow was struck" and any actual fight between Jack and Aku previously was very short whenever he had the sword.
>>
>>92580431
In other words, the future OP feared has already come to pass.
>>
Faggots hate it cause Ashii
>>
>>92585015
She Ash Crimson'd herself in the finale.
>>
>>92585077
It was brettygood because there were several "cool artistic" episodes. Definitely more than half of them had "cool artistic" moments.
>>
File: Sad Aku.png (154KB, 1028x766px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Aku.png
154KB, 1028x766px
>>92585120
>any actual fight between Jack and Aku previously was very short whenever he had the sword
But they did fight. And there were some great and memorable fights. But in season 5, Jack never fought Future Aku again. And he only fought Past Aku with 5% HP left. That was a bit underwhelming.
And by a bit I mean a lot.
>>
>>92585771
>people will actually defend the titular character spending more time going "pwease don't kill meeeeee" than any actual combat or character growth in a series finale
>>
>>92585266
That's a reference I didn't expect to find. K' is still better though
>>
>>92579440
It was good it just went down hill after episode 3, it clawed its wait back a little with 6 but then shot itself in the fucking face with 10

I'm just still confused though. How the fuck do you make such amazing episodes like 1-3 and then shit out that ending or the other episodes?
>>
>>92585771
Not having a serious fight or killing future Aku really annoys me. Killing past Aku is a shell of what the other fight would be. There is no relationship there.
>>
I'm not going to lie that I wish there was some last time banter between Jack and Aku. I'm happy with everything else, I just wish that. Still, I guess what could they honestly say to each other?
>>
test
>>
>>92586700
I feel like the first 3 episodes were something gennedy had been musing over for a while and he had a clear idea of what he wanted to do with them - he blows a bunch of his time and money budget on them and then finds he's just got vague general ideas for how the rest of the season's going to go.

The more it goes on, the more rushed and improvised the whole thing feels.
>>
>>92588853
Congratulations bro, you passed
>>
>>92588912
Also honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were gonna do the father/daughter route re: chimpface initially and decided "wait fucking everything does that now" at the last minute
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.