[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /co/, now that it's over, let's settle thi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 496
Thread images: 77

Alright /co/, now that it's over, let's settle this.

Would you prefer the ending if Jack was stuck in the future?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13010116
>>
That was the comic ending
>>
>>92563532
I feel the sacrifice would have had more meaning if Jack made it willingly. As it stands, it was a by-product of his actions. An unforeseen consequence.
>>
he should've killed aku in the futre then gone back in time to kill him in the past

now all the people in the future either no longer exist or are stuck with Aku and no way to kill him
>>
Honestly, it could have gone both ways, just that it had to be done well.

Though maybe Jack staying in the future would have fit the direction and tone 5th season took, being content with how things have gone and fighting for the future and when Ashi said that things are in place for a reason in episode 9 (or something like that.)

Was sort of hoping for the stay in thr future ending, we get to keep the friends we got.
>>
show should have ended by having Young Jack show up in a different future, free of Aku. Though Future Jack and Ashi no longer exist either.

The Samurai appears in a city, and it is beautiful and utopian. He bumps into someone and that person says "whacha where you're going Jack".
>>
>>92563648
Yeah, what I figured would happen was that since Ashi has some of Aku in her, Aku would use that to pull a last-minute cheat. His body is destroyed but he can still return because part of him lives (or something along those lines) and he starts possessing Ashi in an attempt to return. So Jack is forced to kill her (or Ashi forces him to) because that's the only way to ensure Aku can never come back.
>>
>>92563532

All the world-building and characters we got to know were in the future.

Nobody should honestly give a shit about the past.
>>
We got exactly what Jack was looking to do, but it felt kind of empty.
>>
I don't know what all the people are talking about, it's really not a bad finale
>>
>>92563532
His whole goal was to get rid of the future that is Aku. If he went back to the future, it would basically make everything for naught, evil would still exist. By defeating him in the past, he prevented the evil of the future and saved far more than the other way.
>>
It was kind of rushed and the reunion scenes weren't properly ended, but overall solid 7/10 ending
>>
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO KING JACK

WHAT THE FUCK WAS HIS NAME

SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI
>>
>>92565565
Scaramouche confirmed for Brawl?
>>
File: Jack's_friends.jpg (63KB, 1024x384px) Image search: [Google]
Jack's_friends.jpg
63KB, 1024x384px
Future. The IDW comic had it right. Instead of moping around doing nothing, Jack was creating an army to save the lives that needed his help in the present, not in the past.

It would've been both bittersweet and noble.
>>
>>92563532
I would have rather had more stand alone episodes mixed in here and there.
>>
File: RCO018.jpg (3MB, 3975x3055px) Image search: [Google]
RCO018.jpg
3MB, 3975x3055px
>>92563610
>>92565606
>>92565751
These.
>>
>>92563714
He kills aku in the past, thus erasing the future with aku. Ashi's erasure from existence proves this.
>>
>>92563648
Yeah, I'd have been fine with either
>Aku is defeated, Ashi is quickly losing her power/dying and urge Jack to make his decision, he decides to accomplish his destiny and says goodbye to her and the survivors of the battle, going back to the past
or
>Jack almost dies fighting Aku, has a vision of his ancestors, who tell him it's better to go on and live for the future rather than undo what already happened. He wakes up and stays in the future.
>>
>>92565565
So is Sakurai still the biggest hack in existence or does that belong to someone else or even Genndy now?
>>
>>92565565
His name was son. The emperor's name is emperor. His mother's name is mother. Not even kidding.
>>
>>92566003
nah, nomura is way more of a hack but it gets ignored because he does it once each decade

>>92566058
the son thing would be tight, mother and emperor suck though
>>
>>92564298

They're all gone. I hate this.
>>
>>92563532
Originally I would have advocated for him staying in the future but after Aku killed all the characters we knew then going back to the past seems like a better idea. Both scenarios offer closure, in some way.
>>
>>92563532
Yes, because even if everyone died, they would still exist. There is a heaven in SJ universe.

On the other hand, being retconned through time travel probably overlaps that, which mean everyone we loved got erased. I think this is fucking depressing.

Plus i REALLY wanted jack to be happy. I mean, it still a 2002 story first idealized for kids. Jack didnt deserve the shit he got

Thats not even talking about the plotholes.
>>
>>92566003
Sakurai needs to keep easing up the reigns for Bandai-Namco team to do their thing. Smash is so close to having a perfect title but he keeps shitting the bed with some of his idiotic design philosophies
>>
>>92564298
>>92566111

As a matter of principle he shouldn't accept to stay in the future. Not saving the past and the people of the past for the sake of personal ties would be selfish.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>92566222
>Jack could've easily ended the series here if he didn't save those monk bros

He clearly cares about the people and friends in the present and he should've stayed.
>>
>>92563532
Time travel is one way nigga

If Ashi disappeared then when Jack got sent into the future Aku should have already been dead.

If Aku is already dead then Ashi never existed and then she never sends Jack back in time.
>>
>>92563610
Yeah, I liked the comic better.
>>
why do people assume that time is a linear line and not a fractal of every infinnite possibility that could ever happen

if this shit made any sense there would still be two alternate realities the one where jack goes back and the one where aku is dead in the "future'
>>
>>92566475
It can be 2 ways in form of a closed loop, which this one certainly isnt
>>
>>92566222
>There is a heaven in SJ universe.
>On the other hand, being retconned through time travel probably overlaps that
Who the fuck knows. If heaven can transcend death it can probably also transcend time.
>>
>>92566619
Then there is 2 major problems:
>In the reality where "aku is alive in the future", where most of the series take place, jack never killed Aku. Jack abandoned scottsman and the daughters and aku will rule forever in that time. Bad end
>If that were the case though, ashi was born in the "aku is alive" timeline, and as it still exists, so does ashi.

But we see ashi doesnt exist anymore, so the whole fractal / multiverse falls to pieces. Time is linear in SJ.
>>
So did it never occur to either of them that if the Ashi's father and the future she came from were both gone, that she would also be gone?

Gurren Lagann at least had both characters fully aware that this would happen and wanting to have the wedding anyway before it did. Here Jack is caught completely off-guard and Ashi either figured this would happen but didn't tell him (she doesn't seem too surprised by it), or was just as clueless as he was.
>>
>>92567014

Why did it take her several weeks before she ceased to exist?
>>
File: king jack.png (492KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
king jack.png
492KB, 700x350px
>>92563532
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13010116
jack should have stayed in the future. he could have been king and had ashi too.
>>
>>92567014
Ashi you could excuse given she doesn't know anything the priestess or Jack didn't teach her, but Jack has had decades to ponder that eventuality.

He really was a foolish samurai after all. Bravo Genndy.
>>
>>92567094
Yeah, though nothing, nothing will keep them together.
>>
>>92567057
In TTGL Nia managed to live long enough to
marry MC because of Power of Love(c) kept her alive. It's probably the same shit here
>>
>>92567157
Of course that only works if Ashi knew this would happen
>>
>>92567259
Considering how calmly she takes it, she probably did.
>>
>>92567259
seemed like it from her final words
>>
>>92567259
She felt pain seconds after Aku's death, so she probably knew this. And you don't to be genius to figure that out anyways. I don't know why the fuck she didn't tell Jack about it though. Unlike TTGL it seemed like betrayal from her side desu
>>
>>92563532

You know, I'm not really sure why he WOULDN'T want to return to the past.

Think about it this way: Let's say you're in a future where the world has been nuked. You basically become Mad Max, the Lone Wanderer, or other post-apocalyptic heroes.

But then you have a chance to go back to the time BEFORE the world was nuked, and prevent the apocalypse. Isn't it more responsible to do that? Sure, it sucks that your friends are wiped from the timeline, but you've delivered billions of people into far, far happier lives.
>>
>Aku just fucking HAPPENS to "accidentally" send Jack right back to the moment he sent him to the future at

This was a fucking hack asspull but if they need to, here's a 10/10 ending that could have worked with it:
>Jack is sent back
>Duels with Aku in the past on top of Aku tower
>Aku himself goes into the future out of Jack's reach in the distant past
>Jack looks out on to the past empire with sadness for a moment before leaping into the new portal returning to the future know Aku will continue his evil reign if he stayed behind
>lands the final blow on Aku and end the series with the same end scene we got, except its the future and now represents the rebuilding of a torn world

Jack literally didn't have one hard decision to make. Whether it involves staying in the future or saving Ashi, he needed to make some kind of choice for a satisfying ending, otherwise it doesn't show what he learned in his hero's journey.
>>
>>92567259
In which case she probably should've told Jack at some point so she wouldn't have a "oops sorry lol" moment.
>>
>>92566897
>Time is linear in SJ.
fair enough

i just dont think that time is linear in real life is what i mean but thats just autism not relevant to the show
>>
>>92567414
>Jack hold Ashi in his arms
>she whispers her dying words
>"f-foolish samurai..."
>>
>>92567386
>Duels with Aku
Did people seriously think Jack wouldn't completely annihilate Past!Aku?
>>
>even the archers had a flat screen tv
>>
>>92567544

Yeah, Aku has NEVER been able to beat Jack in a straight-up fight. Like, even the first fight ends with Aku losing.
>>
>>92567563
Aku really raised the standards of living, don't you know.
>>
>>92566260
You could argue that deleting a whole future and everyone living there for the sake of his personal ties to the past is equally selfish. No matter what he did, people either got fucked or were going to get fucked.
>>
>>92567414
>Ashi waits until Jack has summoned all of his friends from around the world
>travel is still low-tech as fuck so some of them may have journeyed months just to be there
>she waits until everything is perfect
>Jack is finally getting the happy ending he wants
>she collapse
>she starts fading
>"Ashi, what's wrong?"
>"Without Aku... I would have never existed."
>Ashi begins to fade
>at the last minute her face turns to Aku's
>"I HAVE RUINED YOUR HAPPIEST DAY FOOLISH SAMURAI AND IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT"
>fades away
>>
>>92567626
>defeating literal evil
>selfish

justin trudeau get off co
>>
I'm with these anons
>>92565959
>>92565849
It could've been either choice but one of the biggest problems with this season is that it didn't develop Jack's thoughts of going back to the past or staying in the future. Heck, for as shit as Ashi was, at least she could've been a character to reintroduce this theme.
>>
>>92567576
Well that and the fact that Jack now has 50+ years of constant battle experience on a comparatively green Aku.
>>92567626
I would say one of the big differences is that the future peeps knew that going in. Remember, Aku played the original opening. They knew full well Jack was a time traveler and that if they succeeded, there was a strong chance they would get retconned out of existence.

They came anyway.
>>
>>92563532
If he didn't return to the past then there would have also been a huge backlash.

I think Jack should have killed Aku in the future and just stayed there with Ashi and all of his friends.

I mean, he spent 50 years without his original family; he probably grew apart from them even if he didn't know it.
>>
>>92567886

But then what about all the people Aku killed? Going back in time is the only moral choice, because Aku has ALREADY WON in the future. He's basically unbeatable.

In fact, is it even possible to kill Aku in the future?
>>
>>92567886
They probably should've made it so that he could return to the past, but only briefly. He returns, kills Aku, and then goes back to a changed future. Now he can never go back to his old home in the past, but he can at least live in peace in a brighter future.
>>
>>92567984
>In fact, is it even possible to kill Aku in the future?
It is, he's still terrified of the sword for that reason. That's why he was so desperate to kill Jack, he was the only thing that could threaten him.
>>
File: Young_Da_Samurai_with_sword.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Young_Da_Samurai_with_sword.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
He should've came back for the final battle. Unlike those random ravers, he actually had decent combat experience.
>>
>>92567984
Think about it, it may not have even been possible for Jack to defeat AKU in the future and the only reason AKU lost in the past is he essentially had to fight two jacks, young jack in his emotional and ideological prime and then IMMEDIATELY after almost losing to him he has to fight 50-years-plus-buffed mad max jack who wants nothing more but to slay AKU.

AKU got dp'ed hard by the jacks
>>
File: 1280.jpg (96KB, 1024x657px) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
96KB, 1024x657px
There is not reason Ashi receives damage after Aku's death. that's exactly the point where all fucked up.
>>
>>92568205

Why doesn't that make sense? When Aku dies, Ashi is never born. Therefore, as the universe catches up to the paradox, she ceases to exist.
>>
>>92568205
>>92568244
Well, it is arbitrary. If she disappears because the future never existed, Jack couldn't come back from the future either since he had no future to come back from.

Time travel is bullshit.
>>
>>92568244
>Therefore, as the universe catches up to the paradox
Why would it need to catch up? It should be instant.
>>
>>92568338

I don't know, I'm not a physicist.
>>
>>92568205
You just got Gurren Lagann'd
>>
>>92568244
It has more sense if you'd talk about the same scene.
>>
>>92568330
The fact is, Jack was "frozen" in time when he was in the future for over 50 years. When he came back, he started aging again, because Jack was born before the Aku future or the New future was created, so he's not a paradox. Ashi was.
>>
>>92568330

Really Ashi should have remained because she traveled from a timeline that was real just like Jack did. I believe that when you travel to a point in the past before you change the future you become a part of that timeline.
>>
>>92568470
His existence in the past isn't a paradox in and of itself, but the fact that the means that he used to travel back to the past no longer exists means that by killing Aku he also removes that method of travel, effectively cancelling it out.
>>
>>92568550
No, Jack never belonged in the future in the first place. That's why he was in stasis. Aku created a future that effectively never happened, so Ashi became a temporary fixture in the past until time properly registered that she's a paradox and removed her. Jack exists independently of the Aku future, so the loop is closed.
That's also why the time portal to the past put him immediately after he was sent to the future, because in that instant, time started to make sense again, and the stasis ended.
>>
File: non sense.jpg (118KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
non sense.jpg
118KB, 1366x768px
>>92568244
Because in this universe there's a linear time, so Ashi disappearance had to be instant
>>
>>92568083
Not anymore. He was not only old as shit but he hadn't fought in 50 years. It's like language skills. Use it or lose it.
>>
>>92568650
Not him but that makes a lot of sense anon. Good work.
>>
>>92568650
>so Ashi became a temporary fixture in the past until time properly registered that she's a paradox and removed her
Why the hell would time need to "properly register" that she's a paradox? It's not like time needs to think about it.
>>
>>92568650
>Jack exists independently of the Aku future, so the loop is closed.
Yeah, but the way of jack returning (ashi) isnt independent of Aku. It is not a very direct case, but thats a grandfather paradox.
>>
>>92567386
This but also

>final scene is Jack going to the guardian portal to fight him so he can get sent to the future
>>
>>92568823
Maybe because Jack NEEDED to exist in the future until he went back to kill Aku, or else time literally couldn't right itself. Jack was necessary to set time back to where it needed to be, but Ashi was not.
>>
File: overhype.jpg (321KB, 401x906px) Image search: [Google]
overhype.jpg
321KB, 401x906px
>>
Because of jack's return and murder of aku, everything is a paradox and the universe should be destroyed. Jack should have stayed in the future.
>>
File: I have a grievance with this.jpg (19KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
I have a grievance with this.jpg
19KB, 450x333px
>>92568699
>I felt him leave me
>still covered in Aku skin
>takes another few weeks to actually die
>>
>>92568838
Sure, but in that sense, Aku creating a new future indirectly resulted in his own death. He created the loop himself that came right back to him and ended his existence.
>>
I'm just happy we got an ending.
>>
So why didn't Ashi disappear as soon as Aku died?
>>
>>92568650
>>92568735
Can someone screenshot this and use it as a response for the inevitable next few weeks of finale butthurt?
>>
>>92568244
If you remove the cause, the effect does not happen. But if you remove the cause AFTER the effect happens, then the effect stays.
>>
>>92569047
NO!

Aku dying happens before jack hits the future BECAUSE IT'S THE FUTURE. When aku is killed, jack that got flung should reappear in a world without aku. Since this presumably happened just moments after the first time we see jack get flung, that means jack never should have seen a future with aku. If there are naturally occurring time portals he can come back, but the things we see him doing never should have happened.
>>
>>92563532
I am still confused. I guess it's because I never saw the first episode. He imprisoned Aku but how did jamming the sword into the ground and yelling KILL Aku? It was almost like injecting him into his own fortress caused a massive overload.
>>
File: 0a.gif (873KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
0a.gif
873KB, 500x281px
>>92568990
AI YO
>>
>>92566619
>fractal of every infinnite possibility that could ever happen

Because that hasn't been proven.
>>
>>92568898
That still doesn't explain why it took so long for time to autocorrect.
>>
If Ashi never existed why does jack have memories of her. If aku never existed in the future why does jack have memories of his adventures.
>>
>>92569161
>I guess it's because I never saw the first episode.
Why are you watching an ending to a show you never saw the beginning of?
>>
>>92569159
None of the time portals were naturally occurring. Aku created all of them since Jack may have been the first, but certainly not the last to be thrown into the future by Aku.
>>92569193
Time is lazy.
>>
File: bowie-starman-point[1].jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bowie-starman-point[1].jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>92567144
I see you anon

I see you
>>
>>92569223
knowledge is unaffected by time, I guess.
>>
>>92569161
The sword was made specifically to kill Aku, but since he's a shapeshifter Jack must have needed some sort of finishing move. Even when Aku sent Jack back in time he was very weakened, then Future Jack comes back with a vengeance and wrecks his shit. The move with the sword was just something visually impressive to signify Aku's done for, that's my guess.
>>
>>92569238
Then if Aku died there would be no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future for jack to return, so he can't come back to kill aku which means there are time portals so jack can come back and kill aku, but that would mean no time portals in the future f
>>
>>92563532
GOTTA
GET
BACK

Thats the entire premise of the series.
>>
>>92569302
Jack came back into the correct time the instant that he left it, as far as time is concerned. Hence why he didn't age. He was in a temporal stasis the whole time until he could re-enter the "correct" time.
>>
>>92569228
Those were years I spent binge drinking and very little into an cartoons from that era. At the time I just figured SJ wouldn't appeal to me. When I realized it -would- ten years passed and finding old episodes seemed like a hassle.
>>
>>92569347
it doesn't matter when he came back, if aku was killed as shown in the show jack never should have seen a future with aku.
>>
I can't wait until people start making charts to explain the ending.
>>
>>92569412
No charts will work because the writers fucked up. The depiction of time travel does not fit the laws of physics.
>>
>>92569399
He was put into the sword, not killed.
>>
>>92569399
No, it does matter. How else do you think Ashi created a time portal to the exact time and place Aku sent him to the future from? She had no idea where or when exactly to place it.
No matter what portal to the past Jack jumped into, any one of them would have taken him to that exact time and place.
>>
the main problem is that the future that is aku wasn't adressed at all after the "oh no"

>a scene with everyone in the final battle fading to white
>a glimpse of a more utopic future
>a last scene with aku fading away and everything else still intact

any of these 3 would have been a better option than nothing
>>
>>92569442
Because we don't know that time travel exists IRL. Time travel in SJ is explicitly magic.
>>
>>92569444
Aku turned into a tree and exploded, and the death was confirmed by Ashi saying she felt him leaving her.

>>92569459
What I mean is that if jack returned to the past 1 second or 100 years after he was sent and came back and killed aku then the future he was sent to should have been one without aku.
>>
File: forgotten wolf.jpg (153KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
forgotten wolf.jpg
153KB, 1080x1080px
This would be a better ending for me after Ashi took control of her body:
>Jack defeats Aku
>After some training Ashi figures out how to create a time portal
>Jack and Ashi go to past to defeat the Aku of that time line (not linear time crap)
>Jack and Ashi's wedding scene is a reference to yin (Ashi) and yang (Jack), the balance between light and dark, because the dark can't and mustn't be destroyed completely.
>>
>>92569561
>because the dark can't and mustn't be destroyed completely.
>the dark mustn't be destroyed
Aku is pure evil, what does he add to the universe?
>>
>>92563532
Like any good show or game there are unanswered questions aplenty.

Aku's Genesis: How did that magic arrow fuck up and give him sentience? I used to think Jack's father had been set up by one of Aku's agents. But in hindsight that certainly could not have been the case at all for obvious reasons.

Mysterious Old Woman: Was that a Space Ghost reference to Brak's species? I was hoping it would be revealed to be Lulu.

The Guardian: Much has been said about this one. My personal belief is that he saw the future and knew that Ashi + Jack had to be a thing for Aku to go down once and for all.
>>
Here's what should have happened.

Jack was ageless. He could have lived life in the future as an immortal with Ashi at his side. Problem is, Ashi would still have Aku inside of her, thus resulting in a possible event where Ashi turns evil. Jack could have stayed as long as he wanted in the future and gone back to the past by having Ashi toh open a potal and having it stay forever.

But I guess to finish the series quickly it had to happen this way.
>>
>>92569603
>Aku is pure evil, what does he add to the universe?
Balance
>>
>>92569618
this guy gets it
>>
>>92569618

the supergods in the show sure didn't believe in balance. Aku's existance was an oversight, not a play for balance.
>>
>>92569522
>What I mean is that if jack returned to the past 1 second or 100 years after he was sent and came back and killed aku then the future he was sent to should have been one without aku.
You're right.
It's also the reason why Jack never aged during his stay in the Aku future. Jack eventually would go back to the past and kill Aku. It was always the case that he would, hence why he wasn't allowed to age.
What was NOT expected was coming back with something from the future that never existed- Ashi. It took a few years for time to correct this and erase her though. For some reason.
Her hair certainly grew long enough for me to suspect it's been some number of years.
>>
>>92569618
Balance from what? Too much good?

Is too much good evil?
>>
>>92569684
You're missing the point. Jack and Ashi never should have met in the first place. Aku died in the past, so there was never a future with aku.
>>
>>92569690

He's a retard who thinks he's being deep. Don't worry about it
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-20_22-44-42.jpg (215KB, 1792x985px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-20_22-44-42.jpg
215KB, 1792x985px
Someday, somewhere!
>>
>>92569604
You make a good point. That the Guardian probably saw the possibility of it just going on forever with Aku and Jack having to deal with it as his noblest self. Or it could just end.
>>
>>92569732
Jack's actions still happened in a possible existence. Aku caused the shift in time, and inadvertently set events in motion to a point where he'd die no matter what. The path between those two points of beginning and end are just means to an end, but they happen nonetheless.
>>
>>92569732

There was for Jack.
>>
File: 971.gif (291KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
971.gif
291KB, 480x270px
>>92569734
>If you don't understand him, don't worry, he must be a retard.
Great advice
>>
>>92569884
Jack is explicitly stated to be sent to the future.
Jack comes back and kills Aku moments after he was sent to the future.
Because Aku is dead, Jack must appear in a future without Aku. This is how causality works.
>>
>>92563532
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13010116

I don't think I've ever seen a poll with this many votes be this close. Looks like we will be arguing about this for years
>>
File: Peterson_Lecture_(33522701146).png (1MB, 1149x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Peterson_Lecture_(33522701146).png
1MB, 1149x1369px
>There are "people" who don't think Jack should have rescued his father

Sort yourselves out.
>>
File: in memoriam.png (250KB, 625x340px) Image search: [Google]
in memoriam.png
250KB, 625x340px
>>92569752
>>
>>92569936

Nah you're a fucking spastic mate. Fucking "Balance" give me a break
>>
>>92569968
There's probably samefagging on both sides to keep it at 50/50.
>>
>>92569970

We have two kinds of people here. Those who want Jack to stay in the future so he can be happy with all his friends and those who want Jack to go to the past to ultimately defeat Aku knowing he will suffer

One group is selfish and the other is not
>>
>>92565849
So how does the comic end?
>>
>>92570045
>defeat Aku knowing he will suffer

How? He'll be where he belongs, and teh Earth won't go through centuries under the thumb of a demon.
>>
>>92570047
basically Jack assembles an army made of allies and enemies from the past to against Aku.
>>
>>92570047

It essentially adds context to what you see through the Guardian's portal in that one episode.
>>
>>92564298
>>92566111
This so fucking much.

>Without Aku, I would never exist
>Fades away
YOU FUCKERS TOLD ME DESTROYING AKU IN THE PAST WOULD CREATE TWO TIMELINES! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ASSI BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SCOTSMAN, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER CHARACTERS, WHAT ABOUT THE DOGGOS! WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF RESCUING THEM IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA REMOVE THEM FROM EXISTENCE?! FUCK!
>>
>>92570047
It doesn't. Someone should set-up a kickstarter so the people who worked on the comic could come-up with a proper comic conclusion.
>>
>>92570045
which is the selfish side?
>>
>>92570085
This. This right here. All this.
>>
>>92570070
>How? He'll be where he belongs, and teh Earth won't go through centuries under the thumb of a demon.

Instead of suffering under the thumb of a demon COUNTLESS PEOPLE NEVER EVEN EXISTED.

Jack just wiped out more people than Aku ever killed.
>>
>>92568990
they wanted the TTGL ending
>>
>>92563532
I would have preferred the comic version, to be honest. Especially since it would have ended with an actual final battle with Aku, rather then the anti-climactic death he got in the finale.
>>
File: uncle.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
uncle.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>92569690
>>92570008
If you destroy evil, it will appear again, just in a different form.
>>
>>92570093
gdi anon you can't just fix everything with fucking kickstarters.
>>
>>92570119

Yeah OK anon. Aku lives for eternity and we know he fucks with other planets. Had Jack not defeated him he would have just gone on causing misery for the rest of time on multiple worlds
>>
>>92570085
>>92566111
>>92566260
you know, the moment ashi attacked jack and the scotsman keep talking, i realized genndy wouldn't show any kind of closure to the future characters and probably didn't even consider that. they always were meant to be just fodder to the "real" friends from jack's past. like the narrative equivalent of an army of joke characters comically trying to help the actual, fleshed out main couple.
>>
>>92570332
Not that Anon, but it is possible for Jack to destroy Aku in the future, and then leave time travelling alone, right? Allow Aku's years of ruling the Earth and possibly other planets to have existed, but end at that point in time in the future?
>>
>>92570085
Creating two timelines would be worse. If the timeline was split, Aku would be the undisputed ruler of his timeline.
Never having existed is preferable to existing under the evil that is Aku.
>>
>>92570418
Then he could have destroyed Aku before going back to the past. He had the sword, he had an ally with Aku's powers, he had a bunch of other allies from previous episodes and Aku was right there.
>>
>>92570085
>WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF RESCUING THEM IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA REMOVE THEM FROM EXISTENCE?!
Aku told the world that Jack sought to go back to the past and undo the future. Undo everything.

They came to save him anyway. Everyone did.
>>
>>92570085
1. Their happiness in the moment wasn't any less real just because they no longer exist
2. Not existing is preferable to suffering at the hands of Aku for millennia
3. Most of them were bastardized, unnatural things that never belonged on Earth to begin with
4. Fuck you antenna dog
>>
>>92570452
And if going to the past would have done that, he and Ashi would have killed Aku before leaving. But since it doesn't, they could leave right away.
>>
File: 1478677241854.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1478677241854.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
>how was that new episode, anon?
>it was sad, the main character's girlfriend faded from reality before they got married
>hahaha
>no it was sad, like she was walking down the isle then collapsed (what the fuck am i saying shit shit shit) and then laid in his arms saying after defeating the bad guy she was dying (bail bail bail) and then she vanished and the main character started crying and he usually doesn't do that (i've lost a friend fucking god damn it why am i retarded)
>>
>>92570474
>2. Not existing is preferable to suffering at the hands of Aku for millennia
Go fuck yourself fedora tipper.
>>
>>92570498
You are assuming that Jack and Ashi are aware of how time travel works, but considering Jack's surprise at Ashi's nonexistence I don't think that is the case.
>>
File: Verbina.jpg (51KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Verbina.jpg
51KB, 400x300px
>>92568701
I am surprised they do not appear in the final showdown. They do owe him a favor.
>>
Explain saving the future guys over going back every time except this time
>>
>>92570564
So Ashi made a gamble (or was just being dumb), but it worked out allright in the end. Because if anyone knows how his time travel works, it's Aku, and he didn't react as if he'd just won.
>>
>>92570109
bump question
>>
File: 1463043882625.png (283KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1463043882625.png
283KB, 512x384px
>>92570578
>>
>>92570588
I suppose.
>>
>>92570593
The one where Jack stays virgin
>>
It could have worked either way, but the show aimed to Jack stuck in the future and then gave us back to the past anyways. They went into the consequences of Jack's actions too much and showed the future getting better and having hope, and THEN they gave us the undo everything button and he pressed it. The ending works, but taken as a whole with the season, was not very satisfying.

It was especially jarring when taken with that picture of warlord Jack where you're certain his beard and hair are aiming for that at the beginning and then they just turn him into young Jack in a zap of random magic. I feel like that's the turning point where the series changed its mind about what it wanted to do. That and his refusal to go back in time because it would sacrifice people from this timeline throughout the series prior just didn't add up.
>>
>>92563532
>poll results are exactly 50%/50%
Talk about a splitting a community in two, god damn. Not like we're all one big happy community, but still, wow.
>>
>>92570559
>Suffering under Aku is preferable to living in a world without Aku. SOMEHOW

No, go fuck yourself, anon.
>>
>>92565849
>Canadian cyborg
>>
File: make up your hivemind, babe.png (76KB, 347x343px) Image search: [Google]
make up your hivemind, babe.png
76KB, 347x343px
>>92570711
Nothing separates this board like Samurai Jack, it seems.
>>
>>92570578
before? jack was a selfless hero who would rather save those in need in the present than abandon them. kinda dumb, but hey, jack could find another way home and heroes don't abandon those they can save.

but since in the final battle jack left literally everyone he knew to die to aku to go to the past, he clearly doesn't give a shit about that anymore.

so it's very dumb ending because of that. if jack was just gunna ditch those in need to stop the evil that is aku from ever being in the future, why did he wait so long to do it? he should have went back in time the first chance he had.
it made little sense than, now makes even less sense now that he's done the thing he avoided doing.
jack isn't a hero, he's a fucking dumbass who made a lot of people needlessly suffer because he wanted to feel like a righteous hero
>>
>>92570499
>i've lost a friend
WHERE DID I GO WRONG
>>
This would be a satisfying conclusion to the series of old, but they aimed too high too early on. Scaramouche is going to go down as one of the most memorable things about this series and that temple scene right after was fuckin beautiful and showed how high Gendy was aiming... and then it sunk back to random episode quality as time went on.
>>
>>92570739
I want that robot to fill me with his oil :( </3
>>
>>92570739
Fuck off, the second one is obviously a joke thread
>>
>>92570763
SONY YOU WENT WRONG
WITH THE PS3
>>
File: seemseven.png (18KB, 662x331px) Image search: [Google]
seemseven.png
18KB, 662x331px
I guess its a 50/50
>>
>>92570474
>1. Their happiness in the moment wasn't any less real just because they no longer exist
It is, in fact, less real. Time itself objects so fiercely to it that it retroactively erases it and all things it produced. Reality itself denies that it ever was a moment.
>>92570570
They also had no way of knowing what was happening on Earth.
But it doesn't matter now; Jack was never around to save them.
>>
I have three different ways for fixing the ending:

1. Jack is stuck in the future, kills Aku there, and has to live with the fact that he'll never see his home again, but at least he has Ashi.
1b. Jack is stuck in the future and has to kill Ashi anyways in order to kill Aku. Worst ending, but makes sense logically.

2. As the original ending, but Ashi fades from existence immediately after they escape Aku's tower (at the moment where she says she felt Aku leave her). Instead of a wedding a celebration is held for his victory, but he's solemn from the loss of Ashi, who only exists as a memory now. Final scene with the tree and ladybug plays out as normal. This one still doesn't make as much logical sense with linear time travel, but the timing of Ashi's disappearance makes more sense.

3. The ending Jack deserved. Time travel works off of branching streams, meaning Ashi could still exist despite Aku being killed in the past. Final shot is both of them under the tree. Bonus points if the time used originally to set up the wedding and Ashi's disappearance is reallocated into more fighting with future Aku. Even more bonus points if Jack kills future Aku before returning to the past with Ashi to then kill past Aku as well.
>>
File: ladybug.jpg (70KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ladybug.jpg
70KB, 1366x768px
Jack doesn't know the relation between the ladybug and Ashi's redemption. And it's impossible that the ladybug is a reincarnation of Ashi. So why he smiles?
>>
>>92570929
nigga just happy he saw a bug I guess
>>
>>92570929
That's what I expected and was pissed at the possibility, so don't fucking start
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-21-02h08m14s217.png (208KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-21-02h08m14s217.png
208KB, 512x384px
>>92565849
Who is that qt flying alien?
>>
>>92570929
He's gonna FUCK THAT BUG
>>
>>92570929
Because the world is still beautiful
>>
>>92570929
It reminds him of the time Ashi lowered her weapon against him on that island.
Also >>92570966
>>
>>92570981
>It reminds him of the time Ashi lowered her weapon against him on that island.
...he didn't see that. that's what he meant in his post by "Jack doesn't know the relation between the ladybug and Ashi's redemption."
he didn't see her do any of that. all he knows is that they went to the island and ashi calmed her tits for some reason.
>>
>>92571014
Jack sees all babe, his senses are on fire.
>>
>>92571038
He knows scary much.
>>
>>92570902
3 is the same as
>>92567386
and
>>92569561
The ending Jack deserved indeed
>>
>>92571038
>so skillful he can hear lady bugs land on figure tips and eyes widen with new found realizations
damn jack
>>
>>92567144
like dolphins
>>
It was a weird ending. The whole episode felt like it was focusing on the wrong parts.

I feel that Jack staying in the future would've been a better ending, simply because it echoes the entire theme and internal struggle Jack was having throughout the season; specifically, healing and moving forward. Unfortunately Samurai Jack has never really been about its plots and its stories, more its atmosphere and its action, so we got exactly what it was the premise had promised us: Jack goes back to the past and undoes the evil that is Aku.

I mean, it's kinda fucked-up that Jack gets bent out of shape over Ashi dying but doesn't spare a thought for the potentially trillions of people who now will never have existed.
>>
>>92570981
>It reminds him of the time Ashi lowered her weapon against him on that island.
Jack did not see that
>>
>>92568856
T H I S
Literally this is all that is needed to fix that messy ending we have now.
Just a few seconds long scene with old Jack arriving at Guardian's portal.
>>
>>92571168
It's a linear time so Jack would travel a diferent future not the one he knows.
>>
>>92570929
>Jack doesn't know the relation between the ladybug and Ashi's redemption.
jack has bullshit hyperawareness, he knew Ashi was sneaking up on him.
>>
>>92569603
>>92569618
>>92569690
Yin-Yang do not and were never meant to reflect good and evil. Their concepts are different and we equate the two out of pure ignorance. Evil as the west knows it is a thing to be fought against and ultimately removed, like Ahriman of Zoroastrianism. Yin is a concept meant to represent femininity, darkness, passivity, stillness, etc. It is not at all like "evil", and it is not hard to understand why any of it's related concepts must continue to exist, albeit counterbalanced by their opposing forces.

Now an argument can be made for Aku representing Mikaboshi of shinto mythology. He represents the primordial darkness that once enveloped all existence and constantly seeks to do so again. He is the source of human passions, which obviously when allowed to flourish would bring about chaos, but must still exist for us to be human at all.
>>
>>92571295
To add to your point, remember what Jack was able to do in the time it took for a drop of water to fall to completely hidden enemies in The Princess and the Bounty Hunters? I don't think it's too far a stretch to assume Jack heard the wind on her blade or the grass crinkling as Ashi sat down on it or something.
>>
>>92571381
Remember when Jack heard the branch crack he was standing on but just stood there surprised it was about to fall
>>
File: 6b7.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
6b7.gif
3MB, 480x360px
In fairness to Genndy, people would be bitching if he made Jack stay in the future. Their is no he could have settled the Future vs Past thing without isolating someone.

Go to the past and you wipe millions out of existence. Stay in the future and let your family and millions of others suffer under Aku's reign.
>>
>>92571381
>remember what Jack was able to do in the time it took for a drop of water to fall to completely hidden enemies in The Princess and the Bounty Hunters?
Every single other episode evinces this being extreme stylistic exaggeration, but your point remains true.
>>
>>92571422
>Stay in the future and let your family and millions of others suffer under Aku's reign.
Have a vision of them telling Jack it's alright to move on and that they still love him etc
>>
>>92571420
Comedy Jack, Fight Jack, and Drama Jack all have extremely disparate capabilities.
>>
>>92571447
>Have a vision of them telling Jack it's alright to move on and that they still love him etc
No, fuck that. They toiled away in slavery for the rest of their lives believing their son and emperor died that day to Aku.
>>
>>92571447
>>92571470
whoops, meant prince not emperor
>>
>>92564298
Wait a second aren't you future fags saying you should let go of previous ties for a new a better future? Because that's what going back to the past fucking does
>>
>>92571422
One side is arguing that Jack needed to ultimately succeed for their feel good ending, the other is saying what thematically makes sense with the rest of the series including but not limited to all the events of season 5 leading up to the end. I know what side I agree with more.
>>
File: 1494696261256.png (90KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1494696261256.png
90KB, 320x320px
As much as I liked Ashi and wanted her to survive, Jack and the show as a whole got the closure it deserved, if somewhat mishandled - back to the past, beat Aku, save the world.

Ashi said she felt Aku "leave her", which means there was a way for her to survive after he was beaten, but since causality needs to be preserved (which is rubbish at this point, killing Aku would mean that Jack would not be able to get back, grandfather paradox and the works, Ashi should've disappeared the moment Aku died or not at all), she had to go, which was more of a "forced bittersweet" ending than anything.
>>
>>92570929
because he knows what he does is right and not a waste.
>>
>>92563943
>cue Italian Samurai Jack
>>
>>92565869
>He kills aku in the past, thus erasing the future with aku.
Thus erasing all the people he had saved.
>>
>>92563532
Yeah because then you have a nice message about strength through suffering being preferable to wishing for no suffering, because Jacks pain and loss is worth something to him and to all the friends he made over the course of the show which is a lot fucking better than Jack goes to the past because Ashi does everything for him and then he just lives in the past with none of his friends and nothing to live for except ladybugs.
>>
File: file.png (168KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
168KB, 480x360px
>>92565869
So he should have just abandoned those monks because in the end it wouldn't matter if they lived or died.
>>
>>92570929
I seriously expected him to find the Guardian and his portal in the past and go back to the future.

It would be perfect.
>>
Would be cool if Aku was kill and Jack lived with Ashi in the future.
>>
>>92572096
Seriously, that would've wrapped up everything. I guess Genndy just really wanted to do an artsy closing shot
>>
>>92563532

Gurren Lagann/10
>>
>>92570085
>WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF RESCUING THEM IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA REMOVE THEM FROM EXISTENCE?
is what all of them wanted
DO YOU EVEN WATCHED THE EPISODE YOU FUCKING FURFAG?
It was a sacrifice for Jack happiness , beat Aku
>>
>>92570045
>Stays in the future knowing that everyone he cares about will exist, and that his and everyone elses suffering had meaning.
>Goes to the past and everyone including his own actions are unmade and mean nothing, but his friends never suffered

You can't win, its 'selfish' to unmake the people in the future and its 'selfish not to save the people in the past. Ideally I would prefer the ending that says suffering has meaning rather than the one that just unmakes it all.
>>
>>92572184
Nah, that ending is not even close to gurren's ending
>>
>>92563532
No. He had to get back to the past and kill Aku there. Had to. He could have done some tether-mumbo-jumbo and get himself sent to the Aku future afterwards though. But returning to the past verifies which side wins.
Still, Jack knows where some of the time portals are now, right?
And as much as I hate to agree, co was right, the pacing was off. Big start, weak time-wasting middle, rushed ending that should have gone on a bit longer.
>>
What should have happened

>Jashi go back to the past
>Aku: Ohh shit
>Aku goes back too
>Double the Aku
>"I'm seeing double. Four Jacks!" The twin Akus would say
>Jack, Jack, and Ashi destroy the Akus and everything is happy gilmore
>>
>>92563532
I would not mind either honestly.
>>
>>92563532
>Would you prefer the ending if Jack was stuck in the future?
Of fucking course.
This show was always about the cool future, not boring medieval Japan.
What's Jack gonna do in there anyway without any robots to slash and porridge to eat?
>>
File: OC of Ashi.jpg (30KB, 1762x1074px) Image search: [Google]
OC of Ashi.jpg
30KB, 1762x1074px
Wow. That really needed 30 minutes at least.

Like, a real 30 minutes, not 22 with eight minutes for ads.

Hell, I'd have loved a 40 minutes special to really seal the deal.

Fuck you CN. You cancelled it a decade ago, went in to panic mode as you share price & revenue ebb away, but even though you moved this shit to AS presumably for more creativity and srs bizness you still cucked Gennedy even at the very end. Talk about killing the golden goose.

Any real reason to really watch CN/AS in 2017?
>>
>>92571618
>what thematically makes sense with the rest of the series
Which would, of course, be the goal stated in the intro for 62 episodes straight (this season too!).
>>
>>92572096
>I seriously expected him to find the Guardian and his portal in the past and go back to the future. It would be perfect.
I agree
M-maybe Adult Swim will make a surprise and release episode 11 next week?
>>
>>92572268
I feel like the ending missed the point entirely. Jack should have realised that his entire life was in the future and that he has to let go of the past to embrace what he has in the future. The selfishness argument doesn't work because no matter what Jack does he's fucking people over.
>>
>>92569985
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>92570957
too bad they do not make any cameos in the last season.
>>
I thought it was somewhat satisfying to see the whole trip back that's been teased most of my life be resolved. I can see why people would argue for a future ending, but I think the "gotta get back" line would have been phased out if that was ever a realistic possiblity.
>>
File: ashi suit origins.png (556KB, 1080x1053px) Image search: [Google]
ashi suit origins.png
556KB, 1080x1053px
>>92563532
As fun as it could be, Aku's future was too miserable and just plain weird to be allowed to exist.

If Aku had tried to threaten them with potential erasure at Jack succeeding, you wouldn't even get all Justice Guild-y about it. Everyone there would just be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om5rbtudzrg
>>
>>92570499
I fucking hate explaining cartoons in real life where if you say something weird you can't take it back and you sound like a fuck
>>
File: 1492922992245.png (540KB, 1426x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1492922992245.png
540KB, 1426x1450px
The real question is:
Was the whole Ashi relationship better than a season full of Jack getting back his old friends, fighting Scaramouche and beating Aku in the end?
>>
>>92570844
>hey also had no way of knowing what was happening on Earth.
MUH SPACE TV
INTERDIMENSIONAL CABLE 3: NON APRIL FOOLS EDITION
>>
>>92572375
No, Ashi was a mistake.
>>
File: 319.jpg (293KB, 900x1008px) Image search: [Google]
319.jpg
293KB, 900x1008px
would you look at that we DID bingo
Also did anyone do the gaijin 4koma reaction yet?
>>
>>92570570
The blue one is so cute.
>>
File: women_laughing.jpg (22KB, 340x330px) Image search: [Google]
women_laughing.jpg
22KB, 340x330px
>>92570499
>The thought this cliche riddled, cheesy, poorly developed and explained ending was sad
You fucking faggot
>>
>>92572410
this bingo makes me sad as fuck that we know these things
>>
>>92570929
ladybug and chat noir are reincarnations of jack and ashi

But which is which???
>>
>>92572434
It makes me sad more due to the reactions in the boxes, even if unmarked
>>
>>92572410
Shouldn't power of friendship be checked as well?
>>
He had to go back
>>
>>92563532
I would of had an epilogue added showing the future in the new timeline with everyone having lives free from Aku's influence. Most importantly, X9 and Lulu reunited.
>>
>>92572453
all jack's friends didn't do much except buy jack more time to free ashi
besides it wasn't the power of friendship that finally killed aku, it was indeed the sword
>>
>>92572453

Agreed. Only reason jack got free was his friends bailing him out and distracting aku
>>
>>92572465
On the flip side, he only escaped because of all of his friends, and he only got back to the past because of his relationship with Ashi.
>>
>>92563532
I think it was right that jack went back to the past, no matter his personal interest in staying in the future and living his life there he still has the entire past filled with suffering caused by Aku on his conscience since he could do something about it: go back to the past and kill Aku. He can end centuries(millennia?) of suffering.

The last scene pointed at that, that spot was probably the same spot as when Jack showed Ashi the only surviving tree Aku left. And now he looked over an entire forest of those trees meaning that all the suffering Aku would have done(had done?) will never happen. Ashi disappearing was the price paid.

Now, that doesn't mean the episode wasn't rushed as fuck and the entire season wouldn't have benefited from more time and optimizing the content to deliver a better pacing.
>>
File: lulu.jpg (336KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
lulu.jpg
336KB, 800x1067px
Honestly, I would've been happy if somehow this was made into a happy ending.
>>
So is jack gonna jump start technology with all his knowledge of the future
>>
>>92572456
Yea, why not

I mean have X9 and Lulu run in from opposite sides of the screen and hug by sweet thing jumping into his arms

just a bunch of happy stuff and showing that all that shit is still around, maybe showing planet-based aliens thriving on their homeworld, one or two even planning a visit to earth

future aku should've fucking been defeated by jack though like god damn dude
>>
>>92563532
People are pretty much split on this shit.
>>
>>92572465
He broke Ashi's mind control instantly just by saying I love you as well.
>>
>>92572493
He isn't sure how it's made and also still didn't grasp the concept of a walkie talkie, which was the best thing about him, his naive yet cunning character
>>
File: 1495354516765.png (47KB, 1322x264px) Image search: [Google]
1495354516765.png
47KB, 1322x264px
>>92572485
>>
>>92572501
Yeah, I wanted to see Jack fuck him up after he rained spikes on all his friends.
>>
>>92572092
yes, but he was young and a noob hero
>>
>>92572485
>The first feeling robot is invented in the Aku-free far future
>It's used as a robotic animal caretaker and adopts a stray pug as it's own, along with dozens of other animals
>>
I honestly would have preferred an ending in which Jack stayed in the future. It fit better the theme of "accept the past mistakes you've made, move forward" and having Jack dealing with the disasters Aku caused in the future. However, I don't blame Genndy for this, since whatever he did he would be pissing somebody off. When Jack was sent to the past I was a bit disappointed, but still pretty thrilled to see Jack actually going back.
So, despite it not being quite what I was hoping for, the ending that was given to us was much more tragic and subdued, and I liked that.
>>
>>92572240
ashi gets spitroasted noice
>>
>>92572539
stop reminding me that genndy could've been based and that we could've had a montage in the alternate timeline with everything being A+
>>
>>92572519
he had to jump inside of the body to get her too though
>>
File: 1494985423716.png (312KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
1494985423716.png
312KB, 600x660px
>>92572531
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this would've been perfect! Why didn't we get this ending instead?! Instead we just saw Jack get cucked by Aku one final time!
>>
Ashi's death reminds me of something I've seen but I've never watched anime enough to remember it this way and I know it wasn't the thing people say it copied.

I just remember this person walking and everything being happy but then it gets weird for a second and she just fucking dies and falls over.

Could be any fucking Lifetime movie I happened to glance at while visiting parents though
>>
>>92572531
the ashi school thing makes me fucking infuriated for some reason but the rest is fine and doesn't make me autistic
>>
>>92567014
I feel like a lot of the significance was dropped by bridging Ashi well after the climax was resolved and the threat was over. It just seemed like some minor afterthought. No weight to it, or any kind of final reflection of her character progression.

She could've died of pneumonia or cardiac arrest in the middle of the wedding and it'd feel just the same.

Maybe if they had a split second scene with her looking worried and then calmly coming to terms with knowing her fate before walking down the aisle to tie it all back in. Might've helped idc.
>>
>the ending you didn't know you wanted
what the fuck did he mean by this? jack getting back to the past? literally the main plot and said in the main opening theme.
>>
>>92572660
Ashi was never a genuine character
>>
>>92572611

Gurren Lagaan?
>>
The gravity falls finale was more intense than this hot garbage, it's like Genndy didn't try at all and just followed a straight forward idea that everything is doing right now, which is having EVERYONE BACK FOR THE FINALE and Anime references but being so caught up in that he forgot having a fucking final battle that was in the episode synopsis in the spotlight

i think he just did this so the autists would stop asking when it'd be finished, but now he's got a lot more questions to be asked by autists
>>
>>92572816
I didn't want to believe it, but I honestly think this is Ashi's fault. If we didn't spend so much time on her we would've had more time for a satisfying finale
>>
>>92572816

> it's like Genndy didn't try at all and just followed a straight forward idea that everything is doing right now, which is having EVERYONE BACK FOR THE FINALE and Anime references but being so caught up in that he forgot having a fucking final battle that was in the episode synopsis in the spotlight

This is the one argument I don't understand.

Jack and Aku fought a bunch of times in the show. They fought so any times that Genndy made an entire joke episode about how over-the-top the storytelling could get with the battles they constantly had, showing that functionally every battle with Aku would be the same thing to a certain point.

I don't get why people wanted ANOTHER gigantic fight scene with them. The fanservice stuff provided the juice for the fight, and the actual last battle was quick and to the point, it was great.
>>
>>92570047
Jack grows old and assembles his allies against Aku in a final battle. We never see the battle but he's wearing the same clothes as seen in the Guardian's prophecy, hence implying he wins.
>>
>>92565606
I wonder if Genndy avoided doing that finale just because the comics had done it first and he wanted to do something different.
>>
File: 1478846291226.jpg (126KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478846291226.jpg
126KB, 450x500px
>>92572816
>stan deals the final blow to bill, everyone's happy
>jack deals the final blow to aku, everyone's happy
meh
>>
>>92568083
>He should've came back for the final battle
The guy was like 80.

It would have been cool had he become a legit samurai though.
>>
>>92572096
I was expecting that to happen to, but... I dunno, that seems both illogical and out of character. For once, even if he traveled to the future it'd be a different future since he killed Aku in the past. And Jack sacrificing his home just to be with Ashi would be incredibly selfish.
>>
>>92573193
Why did we have the timeskip anyway? What did that add to the plot to jump ahead that far?
>>
Getting back was probably best. Having him just beat Aku in the future would be far too bitter of an ending, his parents and everyone he knew stayed enslaved by Aku and he ruled the world for 1000 years, and would have basically defeated Jack in his quest to go back.
>>
File: Second.jpg (283KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
Second.jpg
283KB, 640x638px
>>92573247
>>92573247
>Why did we have the timeskip anyway? What did that add to the plot to jump ahead that far?

How about 5 years instead of 50?

You wouldn't have to do a "LOL I DON'T AGE" shit and would have given everyone an excuse to level up.
>>
>>92572874
I agree, there wasn't a cheesy scene where Jack or Aku wasted time fighting and giving speeches, Aku just got annihilated.
>>
>>92572375
That sounds like a much better season than what we got.
>>
>>92573245
He lived 50 years in the future; most of his life. Regardless of whether Ashi was around or not, he's more familiar with that place than he is with where he was born. If he went back and saved his family, but still pined for the future he actually lived in that'd be acceptable.
>>92573283
I say move it in real time. Actually 16 years in the future. Gives time for Jack to settle in as a legend and allows Scots and Aku daughters a reasonable time to grow up. Jack would be older, but not so old as to be incapable. Or you could still freeze his aging, wouldn't really make a difference beyond making the Ashi/Jack romance less creepy
>>
>>92573342
>He lived 50 years in the future; most of his life. Regardless of whether Ashi was around or not, he's more familiar with that place than he is with where he was born. If he went back and saved his family, but still pined for the future he actually lived in that'd be acceptable.
The thing is that would not be the future he lived in. It's a completely different future, and if you remember episode 2 of season 5, Jack fucking loathes the world Aku has made.
"I WON'T SPEND ETERNITY IN THIS FORSAKEN TIME".
>>
>>92572375

>Was the whole Ashi relationship better than a season full of Jack getting back his old friends, fighting Scaramouche and beating Aku in the end?

Yes.

This has nothing to do with waifuism, it could have been a male protege too. But their would have to be an external narrative element to force a conclusion to a show that was so rigidly episodic, and a new character though which you can see the influence of Jack was the best option.
>>
>>92573380
>external narrative element to force a conclusion
Says who? Even if that was somehow required, one of Jack's old friends would have been a much better choice than a brand new character.
>>
>>92566003
Fuck you, Sakurai is best husbando
>>
>>92573283
Not to mention tumblr wouldn't have cried PEDOPHILE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IllSfxDXNvg

They still would be butthurt by the reminder of heterosexual majority.
>>
>>92573372
If the places and people were still roughly equivalent, you could make an argument that he'd still be more comfortable around them than in the past. Assuming people like the Scotsman were still around and like their old selves he could just make friends with them again. It'd be a strange kind of friendship, but workable.
>>
>>92573412

>Says who?

Because it would be an endless loop of Jack looking for portals and Aku destroying them. That's why the show was set so far in the future, to emphasise the eventual futility of Jack's quest as presented in the original series.

> one of Jack's old friends would have been a much better choice than a brand new character.

Jack's only continuing friend that mattered was the Scotsman.
>>
>>92573372
Depression Jack loathes the future. He also loathes Ashi and wanted to murder an old man.
I think it's safe to say blue Jack isn't an accurate reflection of his true feelings.
>>
>>92573458
It's possible, but I still feel it would have been cheap having Jack realize that the future "wasn't so bad after all" and that the past he had yearned for so long "is kind of overrated anyway". I mean, if you dedicated more time to this realization, it would have worked, but having it as an afterthought during the last few minutes of the episode would just have been really rushed bad writing.
>>
>>92573476
It's a part of his feelings, certainly. It's also context-relevant; Suicide Jack can't stand being trrapped in a world in permanent stalemate with Aku, where every fire he puts out is replaced with 10 more, all while the failure of his quest scourges his mind. In an Aku-less future, Jack's opinion might have moderated some, especially since Ash had gotten through to Jack and reminded him that he DID make a difference and doing good DOES matter.
>>
>>92573476
I think those really were his true feelings. Just because he got rid of them doesn't mean they were not true. Think of it as his subconscious. He showed calm and collected as much as he could, but that is how he really felt deep inside. Cleansing himself of them was what he needed in order to regain balance.
>>
>>92570418
>they could have explained this and had Jack have to choose to be with ashi, albeit with an alternate reality where aku reigns over the world, or save said other world, but lose ashi
>>
>>92573509
Anon, it was already rushed bad writing. We'd need to redo the whole season to enact any change with any meaningful impact.

>>92573516
It's an aspect, yes. But we all can have wildly conflicting feeling about the same thing. You can hate a thing and miss it, you can love someone and still be infuriated with them, etc. Again, assuming the future would be Aku free would leave only the things he liked to reminisce on.

>>92573535
Then I guess he really wanted to kill Ashi deep down all this time too.
>>
So the problem with time travel is the whole "erasing the future" thing, which is unsatisfying for a viewer when they start to question why all the characters they liked are no way erased from history.

From Jack's perspective though, I do think it would be better for him to be in the future. By the end of the series, he had been in the future longer than he had been in his own time. All his friends were in the future, his love exists because of the future, everyone he inspired was in the future. Jack's happy ending was in the future.

And as someone who watched his journey from the start, I believe most would prefer that Jack got a happy ending over fulfilling his original goal of getting back to the past.
>>
>>92570418
That could be solved by slaying Aku in both timelines.
>>
>>92573604
>Anon, it was already rushed bad writing. We'd need to redo the whole season to enact any change with any meaningful impact.
Well, that's your opinion, and I humbly disagree. I liked the ending; I thought it was well paced and executed. Maybe I'd extend Ashi's death a little to allow for more drama, but the suddenness itself is pretty dramatic too.
>Then I guess he really wanted to kill Ashi deep down all this time too.
At first he did; he threw her down the cliff without hesitation. After that he changed his mind and resisted the temptation to do so because he felt it wasn't right even if his subconscious told him he should just get it over with.
>>
>>92573615
>I believe most would prefer that Jack got a happy ending over fulfilling his original goal of getting back to the past.
http://www.strawpoll.me/13010116/r
Very barely most. Opinion is pretty split according to this sample.
>>
>>92573615
I wouldn't call them exactly life long friends. I mean, the Archers for example only met Jack once 50 years ago; that doesn't sound like a very deep friendship. He did them a big favor that day, but not much beyond that. Same with all the people he encountered them; he usually just solved their problems and then left. That's the nomad's life.
>>
>>92573645
>wants to give even more time to the Ashi drama
Well I guess we should just agree to disagree
>>
It's shitty they had to spell out that Aku was not part of Ashi anymore and that she disappeared because of timeline shenanigans. They could have implied that through a visual metaphor with the black goo or something.

>they go back to the past
>the goo gradually disappears over a montage
>at first Jack and Ashi are happy about the vanishing influence
>Ashi starts showing signs that she's ill
>Jack still decides to marry her
>as the last parts of Aku's magic disappear, they spend her last moments watching the sunset or something equally romantic
>Ashi disappears in Jack's arms
>sadjack.png
>the thing with the ladybug happens
>ending

It's cheesy and cliché, but at least it respects show, don't tell. Having Ashi explains what was happening felt very unnatural.
>>
Who is to say that half the characters wont be born in a new future if the timeline is linear?

Space travel is implied to exist independently of Aku, he just lets space assholes come live on earth because hes evil and they know it, so wouldn't the nice races still evolve/exist?
>>
File: sI4tSUzGsUE.jpg (297KB, 1280x870px) Image search: [Google]
sI4tSUzGsUE.jpg
297KB, 1280x870px
Could anyone link the reaction guys pic for the final episode?
>>
fuck.

FUCK!

I wanted Jack to finally be happy.
I wanted them to get married.
I didn't want her gone, /co/.

Fuck!

Jesus christ, I'm 32 and crying like a little bitch, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>92572375
I just wanted another season of one-off episode with neat worldbuilding and adventures, and then maybe a 2 or at most 3 part finale
>>
>>92573683
That just implies she died because of some magical link to Aku, not because of paradox problems
The way they set this up makes it very hard to differentiate the two without spelling it out
>>
It was weaker than any storyline involving a rematch with the guardian, that's for sure. Also Ashi dying was pointless.
>>
>>92573680
Very well. I mean, not much, just a quick "I love you, Jack." and perhaps some "Please Ashi, you can't... it can't end like this, please..." A kiss and boom, she's gone. No more than 10 seconds, really.
>>
Everything Jack did in the future amounted TO FUCKING NOTHING except WOUNDS THAT WILL NOT HEAL. All he got was 50 years of skills and experience and nothing else.

SHIT ending. FUCKING INFURIATING ENDING. Fuck Genndy, fuck the story direction of season 5, fuck JUST 10 fucking episodes. I want MORE JACK and a satisfying ending.
>>
File: LaughingWomen2.jpg (12KB, 203x152px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingWomen2.jpg
12KB, 203x152px
>>92573722
Faggot
>>
>>92573744

Jack is a man of honour. His entire life's purpose was to defeat Aku. Now you could argue about defeating him in the future is a mission complete, but that's not how Jack see's it.

We've only really see the future where Aku won, Jack remembers the world before Aku.

He did the right thing.

I'm sure for Jack it wasn't easy to leave all his friends behind, I'm sure once Ashi Marty McFly'd her way out of existence he hurt, but his one true comfort was he saved the entire fucking world, for all time.
>>
>>92573783
>but his one true comfort was he saved the entire fucking world, for all time.
By completely annihilating another, for all time.
>>
>>92573744
If Jack hadn't lost the first time none of that shit would have happened in the first place.
It was his responsibility, no more like his very existence was to go back to the past and "undo the future that is Aku"
>>
>>92573804

By all rights with aku not meant to be on earth, his timeline is like a parasite, it isn't mean to be ours. Remember, he fell to earth by random accident.

Anyone not thinking Jack did the right thing doesn't understand Jack as a character .Everything he done was to get back to the past, and sure he saved others over going back many times, but that was because he's pure of heart and decent. He can't be selfish, he doesn't really know how.

Jack did the right thing wether /co/ agrees or not. He completed his life's mission.
>>
>>92573838
>sure he saved others over going back many times, but that was because he's pure of heart and decent. He can't be selfish, he doesn't really know how.
Ironically, it would logically be more selfish to repeatedly forfeit opportunities to go back and slay Aku, thereby preventing the suffering he'd be saving them from in the first place, just to ease his own conscience and give himself the illusion of doing good.
>>
>>92573758
Incel.
>>
The episode definitely needed better pacing and I do believe that Jack should have atleast killed future Aku and then had a moment to ponder if returning to the past and rewriting history is the right thing to do.

Ultimately though I do think returning to the past was the right thing to do since that was the whole fucking plot to the series as a whole. Plus if Jack had stayed in the future he would have essentially been immortal and had to watch all his friends and ashi die eventually anyways to the point that he would eventually kill himself since its the only way out
>>
Jack going back to the past makes sense, it's what the series was always about. The whole "you can't change the past, you have to live for the future" doesn't make a lick of sense since, by all means, the "past" is his present. Jack isn't "meant" to be in the future.

The problem isn't that he goes back to the past, but that every character he met in the future is left hanging. The epilogue really needed a flash-forward to the future showing how it looks without millenia of Aku opression.

Also Ashi ceasing to exist raises a lot of questions and felt unfulfilling. Why is her final line pure exposition?

Other than that, I really love the episode.
>>
>>92574145
>Why is her final line pure exposition?
Because it was rushed and Genndy just threw it out there. It felt like an episode that was sliced and spliced to meet the time deadline.

Either you do it right or don't do it at all. A happy ending would have worked just the same if not better than what we got and the rules it applies to time travel are just inconsistent and bs.
>>
>>92568938
More like a month or two, though I have no idea how long it would take to go from Africa/India/Greece/England to Japan by boat.
>>
>>92569618
Unalaq pls
>>
>>92573683
That would have torn my fucking heart out.

>>92573731
Does that matter? The grandfather paradox should, theoretically, stop Jack from returning too.
>>
File: okay.jpg (12KB, 271x234px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
12KB, 271x234px
>>92573744
He got a second shot at Aku.

All it cost him was his sanity (nearly), buckets of blood, years of agony, years of shame, years of struggle, many sweet and meaningful friendships, and the one woman he had ever loved.
>>
File: Ikra.jpg (24KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
Ikra.jpg
24KB, 388x388px
>>92574678
>the one woman he had ever loved
Truly a tragic loss
>>
>>92570929
>The appearance of a Ladybug heralds a time of luck in which our wishes begin to be fulfilled. Higher goals and new heights are now possible. Worries begin to dissipate. New happiness comes about. This insect also cautions not to try to hard or go to fast to fulfill our dreams. Let things flow at their natural pace. In the due course of time, our wishes will all come true.
>>
File: TheBeginning.png (642KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TheBeginning.png
642KB, 640x480px
>>92572298
Would had been even better if it was an hour like the original starting episodes, a perfect bookend.

>Part 1
>All of Jack's surviving allies engage in massive battle against Aku and completely perish (adding weight to their sacrifice), but in the process aid in freeing Jack, who slaps Ashi out of her possession by declaring his love to her
>Ashi learns to open time portal to the past
>Aku chases Jack and Ashi through the portal to stop them from killing weaker past Aku
>"Go get em', Jack", as the Scotsman fades away among the devastation

Part 2
>The three arrive at point when past Aku teleports past Jack to the future
>Future Aku merges with confused past Aku to become Aku Prime
>Conjures up massive armies and hellish monsters to fight Jack and Ashi
>Battle rages out of the lair
>Aku Prime is defeated and slain for good
>Ashi feels the effects of Aku's death. Jack questions if they could continue living as long as Aku's blood is in her
>Ashi compels Jack that they can still live together. She declares that she loves Jack too.
>Heartfelt embrace

Part 3/Epilogue
>The Empire rebuilds
>Jack and Ahsi in engagement to throw Jashifags a bone
>Marriage plays out like in the finale with Ashi's delayed time paradox
>Jack struggles to come to terms the cessation of existence of Ashi and possibly all the surviving friends he made in the future
>Jack is reminded by his father about how the future is not set in stone, that despite languishing for many decades in the future he still has a full life ahead of him in the present to chart a course in.
>Jack is still unsure
>Wanders to the cherry blossom tree like in the finale and is reminded by the ladybug that it's not the end, but a new beginning
>Credits roll over panning traditional Japanese wall murals depicting Jack's adventures in the future
>Jack's young son (implying Jack has found new love) plays with a wooden sword against the backdrop of the mural, just as young Jack did in the very first episode

>End
>>
>>92568205
the point he fucked up was when Ashi created a portal
>>
>>92569970
not like this...
not like this.
>>
>>92575232
the point he fucked up was when he created Ashi
>>
>>92563532
>Asks would you prefer that Jack stayed in the future.
>Makes the answer for yes to that question a no in the poll.
What?
>>
File: 1325262339620.jpg (103KB, 534x512px) Image search: [Google]
1325262339620.jpg
103KB, 534x512px
>>92563532
What was the point of the Scotsman and the scene in the earlier episode dedicated to him?

It feels like he should have been more important but all he does is show up, banters a bit, and then things continue

He could have basically been removed and things would have been exactly the same

That's what really bothers me. The characters didn't feel like they had weight. But as the viewer, they're all you know. And then Jack goes to the past and they're just gone? That's what really kills it. People don't mind Jack went to the past, they mind that all the weight of his actions in the future and the weight of the actions of the Scotsman and other friends meant nothing.
>>
>>92563532
Shoul've stayed in the future and had a real final battle, too bad genndy is such a hack that he started killing jack's allies in the "final battle" so retards would think going back to the past was the only choice
>>
>>92575318
Did you miss the part where the Scotsman's magic was all that stood between Aku and everyone else, giving Jack time to fight?
>>
>>92575318
It was so he could die and be a ghost
>>
>>92572096
Ashi still wouldn't be alive in the future because he died in the past.
He's been written into a true end hole.
>>
>>92570119
Erasure from history is not the same as genocide.

It simply replaces a line of people with a different line of people. There is barely any pain so there isn't even much of suffering to begin with. The only tragic fact is that Jack is the only one left to remember them, but it was also an expected outcome of his very mission.
>>
where's the mega, Ma'am?
>>
>>92575406
The true tragedy of death isn't the suffering it brings, but the potential to affect the world the loss of a life prevents. Erasure is just a more thorough version of that tragedy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJhgwxSTHDs

Post music to go with the ending.
>>
File: Moonman_Pepe.png (181KB, 712x700px) Image search: [Google]
Moonman_Pepe.png
181KB, 712x700px
>>92563532

>Help people of the future by undoing their existence altogether

Samurai Jack makes Adolf Hitler look like a minor tyrant.
>>
File: 1490482393407.gif (1MB, 576x566px) Image search: [Google]
1490482393407.gif
1MB, 576x566px
>>92575463

This. Quite a few storylines in media regarding time travel-inflicted shift of destinies depict such erasure as an instance just as bad, if not worse, than murder. Even if the life is seeping away from you, you still have those few seconds of awareness. Erasing ones existence from birth to death gives no such chance.
>>
>>92575946
But is it worse than suffering under Aku? It clearly seems that the in-universe consensus is "no".
>>
>>92567626
Also deleting a thousand years of aku tyranny and salvaery sure is selfish.

Still we could argue that they will probably exist in that distant future but in a completely different world and timeline.
>>
>>92571014
>>92571115
he could have heard the weapon fall
>>
>>92573722
It's implied that, although he clearly mourns Ashi, he gets over it and glances with hope to the future he helped to save.
>>
>>92568925
Honestly I was not over hyping it and I enjoyed all of it for what it was, all I'm seeing is people compkain8ng abiut what it wasn't.
That's like eating a peice of fish and complaining it's not steak
>>
File: tumblr_onh1p2h9zX1rcarapo1_1280.gif (259KB, 875x452px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onh1p2h9zX1rcarapo1_1280.gif
259KB, 875x452px
>>92576172
>It clearly seems that the in-universe consensus is "no".

Maybe Jack's allies didn't expect nothing less than seeing their world bloom with them still around?

For one, it sure took a while before time paradox caught on and erased Ashi without even the faintest of material traces, making her but a memory.
>>
does anyone have the Madrid mega of the first episode? Its the only one I'm missing plz and thnks
>>
>>92576373
i'm here to ask where can i find all of madrid mega links
i'm missing ep 1, 2, 3 and 10
>>
>>92576339

>Deleting literal thousands of years of dominion of sheer evil where slavery, violence, pillaging and death were the norm is worse than deleting future people in order to give their ancestor a better chance at life.

Really makes you think
>>
>>92563532
I would have liked Jack to stay in the future but him returning to the past was part of the mission statement of the entire series.
>>
What's the fucking point of anything that happened in the show if he never made it back to the past?
>>
>>92573099
I'm fine with everyone being happy, I just wish we got to see what happened after that.
>>
He should have returned to the past.
But he did it in the worst way possible:
>Look Jack got a love interest.
>Look Ashi is Aku's daughter.
>Look She can control Aku's power!!!
>Look she can use it for good.
>Look she can create time portals!!!!!!
>She returned Jack to the past without previous knowledge of how to use said powers.

The problem of Ashi is that she is a plot device.Jack coul've returned to the past in a lot of ways. The Guardian's rematch of Jack could've been a great moment in cartoon history, yet they ruined it.

And its sad, since the first half of the chapter was Fanservice and the best kind of.
>The robot samurai.
>"Flying monkeys?", "No, jumping good."
>The scotsman.
>And a lot more.

The problem with chapter CI is the first half of the episode... Because its great in comparison to the second half.

Is not a bad finale, yets is totally underwhelming.
>>
Should've been Jack killing Aku, but then deciding to wander around helping others n shit.
>>
>>92564298
How fucking childish and selfish
>>
File: eee7.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
eee7.png
8KB, 493x402px
Reminder that there was literally no point in Jack not using the time portal in the Three Blind Archers

He accomplished quite literally NOTHING different by not using it
>>
Removing all the characters in the last 50 episodes we've come to know from ever existing is the same as "it was all a dream."

Fuck that.
>>
>>92578317
>Use a magic well made by Aku

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>92578365
>Use a magic daughter made by Aku

What's the difference
>>
>>92570045
>Those who want Jack to stay in the future so he can be happy with all his friends and those who want Jack to go to the past to ultimately defeat Aku knowing he will suffer

Did we watch the same season 5 or the past 4? lol
>>
>>92578388
Don't act retarded, you know what the difference between the two is.
>>
File: 1493526604513.png (420KB, 918x547px) Image search: [Google]
1493526604513.png
420KB, 918x547px
>"Gotta get back to the past" in every episode
>"Undo the future that is Aku" in every episode
>Jack finally does both
>WAAH BUT THE SCOTSMAN AND JUMP GOOD AND THE FISH DUDES AND THE SAMOORAI
Yes, it sucks that his friends and Ashi are gone. But Earth is now spared from thousands of years of Aku's tyranny. Most of his friends will probably live peaceful lives back on their home planets, or like the Scotsman, in their homeland. Aku will never control them, he will never burn their homes, enslave their people, or ruin the Earth. Jack's friends weren't the only people in Aku's future, generations upon generations of Earth's people suffered under him.
If you're mad that Jack fulfilled his quest and saved his family and people, you're being selfish.
>>
File: 0.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>92578365

hiiii
>>
>>92578388
Assuming that you are retarded and not "trolling", its clearly explained that the well concedes a wish but taints it. As in, maybe Jack gets back to the past but without the sword, or without his memory, or not that far in the past, or cursed in some kind.

Ashi uses her free will to send him to the past.
>>
>>92563532
No, his return to the past was perfect. It keeps the tragic aspect of Jack's story.
>>
File: Aku_Defeated.png (228KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
Aku_Defeated.png
228KB, 736x552px
How the fuck did jack even destroy aku? His dad did the same shit and it only sealed aku. Was it just that jack is stronger than his father?

It should have been that aku could not be completely destroyed, and that Jack would have to seal aku in the sword forever. Im not a jashifag, but it would have kept her alive.
>>
>>92578594
>Most of his friends will probably live peaceful lives back on their home planets, or like the Scotsman, in their homeland.

NO THEY FUCKING WON'T THAT'S NOT HOW TIME TRAVEL WORKS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

For real though, the only way the Scotsman or anyone else who was born in the future still exists is if "a wizard did it". Which is entirely plausible, but never stated in the show so there's no reason to assume it. It would have been better if there was an establishing shot of the Scotsman living a normal life or something to show that the future was just changed and not erased like it logically should have been.
>>
>>92579004
My head canon is that Aku can't be destroyed for real, and in a generation or two he will be free to smite the world as he did in days long past

The true reason is that gendy is a hack and don't give a fuck about keeping consistent
>>
>>92579004
He destroyed the sword itself
>>
>>92573722
how many movie/novel/comic/cartoon have you read/watch in your life?
>>
>>92573247

The time skip was the whole reasoning why both Jack and Aku didn't even really care anymore. Jack was just kind of wandering around--still saving people--but just a shell of who he used to be. Lost his sword, he'd given up, and his inner demons were literally telling him to just kill himself because there was nothing worth fighting for.

Also, It almost seems like the world was a little bit better off than it was in the first four seasons, since Aku had also sort of given up because destroying shit didn't really get his rocks off anymore, and being the supreme ruler of everything had gotten boring when Jack was just going to be around to stop him all over the place.

The time skip was there to show they'd both been doing this for too long, and were on the edge of giving up.
>>
File: _______.png (166KB, 413x350px) Image search: [Google]
_______.png
166KB, 413x350px
>every season, every episode of Samurai Jack was about Jack trying to get back to his time and stop Aku rule over earth

>Every show intro was stated he is trying to get back to the past to stop Aku from ever killing off people and races, enslaving his people, and outright polluting and destroying homes and lands

>Constantly made the statement "my search for a time portal home continues"

>WHY DID HE GO BACK TO THE PAST! HE WAS SUPPOSE TO STAY IN THE FUTURE!

If you wasn't day 1 jack getting back to past what the fuck was you doing watching Samurai jack in the first place? He was going to change the future for the better regardless of your feelings for the one episode characters, besides the talking dogs, Ashi, and Scottsman. Put the selfish, childish, emotional bullshit to rest.
>>
>>92579404
B-but muh metaphors!

You can' change the past in real life!
>>
>>92578388
one doesn't give you a fucking curse
>>
>>92579404

The problem is that he had multiple chances to return that he squandered saving people that were going to be erased from existance anyway.
>>
File: 1424033235652.gif (671KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1424033235652.gif
671KB, 400x400px
>>92563532
the only good part of this episode was how the mech raped Aku
>>
>>92567157
It makes sense that Nia was able to exist for a while though, through spiral power.

It makes no sense that Ashi was able to ignore the timelibe change. If she disappeared, it should have happened just as Aku died. Time is much more immutable than Spiral power.
>>
>>92579638
up until now, on the final episode.
There is no problem
>>
>>92579729
I don't think you're following the conversation.
>>
>>92579404
The time portal isn't real! It was just used to set up a moral dilemma!
>>
>>92579638
Think of it this way:
Jack always knew he had more time portals.
He would rather save an innocent and just find a different time portal.
In the end, he was pulled back in the past by Ashi without even having a chance to speak.
It had to happen this time or it would never happen.
>>
File: Aisha Smirk Small.jpg (54KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Aisha Smirk Small.jpg
54KB, 500x333px
>>92579665
I thought him getting archer'd in the eye while bragging was the best part, but yeah Aku getting slapped while being arrogant is fun.
>>
File: gsxpoop stances.jpg (3KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
gsxpoop stances.jpg
3KB, 300x57px
>>92579749
>My Duck Dodgers parody said so
>>
>>92563532
He should've stayed in the future and help rebuild it as their new warrior king with the Scotsman, Ashi and all of their friends.
>>
>stay in the future currently winning the poll
glad to see the majority of /co/ aren't cocksucking idiots who think Gennedy can do no wrong. That ending blew, the pacing was shit, and Ashi making the escape was bullocks. How can she move faster than Aku, master all of his powers in an instant, and then Aku doesnt chase them through the portal or shoot his own right after them?

Terrible.
>>
>>92579740
Obviously you're not
>>
>>92565849
>>
>>92570085
>YOU FUCKERS TOLD ME
Idiot.
>>
>>92570085
This. Jack should have come to the conclusion that the lives being lived in that timeline were real, and regardless of Aku's evil making them, they should have continued on. Jack and his quest would have changed him, he would have slowly realized that the people he was fighting with to end Aku were the ones that became his real friends, and that the original group from the past weren't as important to him anymore. We as an audience spend 5 seasons, a decade with these characters, while we only spend an hour with the characters from the past. Our relationship and feelings for all the characters from the future should have been Jack's realization, but instead Jack is a huge asshole and only gives a shit about his timeline and his original bag of friends. Why did he fight for any of them, then, if that's how he really felt?
>>
>>92570085
Maybe those doggos are aliens that already exist in Jack's time, and should they come to Earth in the far future, they won't be attacked by robot bugs. For the greater good, anon.
>>
File: Wot.jpg (14KB, 296x311px) Image search: [Google]
Wot.jpg
14KB, 296x311px
>>92579983
>We as an audience

Lol post disregarded
>>
>>92580030
OK? So you're saying you watch the show?
Retard.
>>
>>92580051
didn't*
>>
>>92580051
>>92580079
What the fuck does your feelings, have to do with the story development of the show? Nobody gives a fuck you watched all the episodes and got emotionally attached to the characters.
>>
File: sword.png (547KB, 1010x611px) Image search: [Google]
sword.png
547KB, 1010x611px
>>92579312
if only that were true. That would have at least made sense.
>>
>>92580206
>erasing characters that have become better characters than the original bag of friends is a good thing
>>
>>92579983
Everyone in the future knew Jacks plan and tried to help him achieve it. They didn't want to live in a fucked up Akufied world.
>>
File: Screenshot (649).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (649).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>92579004
Re-watch the first episode. Jack tells the emperor that he banish Aku back into the pit of hate, bit the emperor says that that mindset is what led Aku to be simply trapped last time. The sword is a tool to facilitate the defeat of Aku. The warrior wielding it determines whether he will be killed or not.
>>
>>92580278
So fucking kill Aku in the future and fix the world. It's that easy.
>>
>>92580228
>>erasing characters that have become better characters
???

The only characters that actually got development time were Ashi and Scottsman and Scottsman I can garantee has a more peaceful future than with Aku running it. Blow it out your ass.
>>
>>92563532
I don't like the options. I would have liked it if we had some acknowledgement of the future's outlook without Aku. Would any of Jack's allies even exist without Aku?

It just feels like all of Jack's troubles won't be properly acknowledged, since from his timeline's perspective, he had slain Aku right then and there.
>>
>>92580407
>only watched season 5
>>
File: 1385937675374.gif (1MB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1385937675374.gif
1MB, 150x150px
>>92580338
>fix the world. It's that easy.

Iam done
>>
>>92580454
It is in genndy's CARTOON world.
>>
>>92580338
Not easy the world is now filled with evil monsters. Much easier to kill Aku in the past.
>>
>>92580432
Obviously by the bullshit youre spewing
>>
File: 1494367109268.jpg (27KB, 565x596px) Image search: [Google]
1494367109268.jpg
27KB, 565x596px
>>92580483
>>92580476
>>92580454
All of you are blithering retards. Keep eating shit, then.
>>
>>92565606
Why can't you enjoy both the comic ending and cartoon ending? Why do they both need to be the same?
>>
>>92573083
That would be interesting because then you can choose the ending you like best
>>
>>92572816
>The gravity falls finale was more intense than this hot garbage,

Stop right there, GF finale was fucking terrible

However you are right in that the conclusion to GF, Dipper and Mabel on the bus, was a better ending. It's just everything before was garbage.
>>
>>92568083
Man, it would've been cool to see him and all those other guys at the bar show up as a rag tag group.
>>
>>92572029
Thus erasing an entire timeline and universe. Your point? Only one can exist. His goal was to avenge his family, his own timeline, not save the timeline of his failed mission.
>>
>>92572410
Shoul've put "community is not pleased" in the free space.
>>
File: 1429350152958.jpg (131KB, 1134x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1429350152958.jpg
131KB, 1134x1079px
>>92579123
> is if "a wizard did it".

You mean like.... Aku?
>>
>>92580766
So why did he even bother saving those people then, even at the expense of his chances to go back to the past? Why did he get so broken from accidentally "slaughtering" a bunch of underage gremlins?
>>
Reposting from smaller thread: I think I understand why Genndy did this, and even if I don't agree with the decision in practice the principle still needs to be met.

He wants the audience to get off the rollercoaster and move on. The show was as pastfags have said always about going back to the past which inherently means that the journey can't matter as anything more than a fleeting rush of excitement. Genndy wanted to remind you with this ending that it's just a cartoon and you're a foolish samurai if you legitimately got so attached to the series to:

A) Rant about a woman taking over the show.
B) Screech at heteronormative forced sexual romance.
C) Yell about internal lore being forgotten (Guardian).
D) Care about the plot ultimately not mattering.

Genndy is telling you, "It's just an animated action show with setpieces and deliberately spaced tearjerkers." Why? Because modern cartoons and the creative process behind them is severely gimped and crippled by attempts to make them "matter" instead of just being high-quality fun with exactly enough heart.

I'm not saying he says "It's a cartoon so it gets a pass" but "It's a cartoon, it's over, move on, watch my next show, stop making demands." And overall the creative stifling that comes with an audience-creator contract of modern times is what's keeping artist like him from making stuff like the second episode from the fifth season consistently. Genndy is at his best making non-narrative, lore-lite action animation with deliberate emotion manipulation, not deep storytelling or worldbuilding.

Tl.dr. Genndy tried to be the saviour of western animation in a way you didn't expect. Was it a worthy effort, but futile?
>>
>>92580934
>It's just a cartoon, your criticism is irrelevant
>>
>>92581025

Not what I said, but having listened to Genndy's interviews I'm pretty sure he doesn't listen to criticism.

I remember pre-internet eras like Darkwing Duck and Batman TAS when people couldn't actually critique works of fiction en masse, and those were objectively at least as kino as SJ.

Personally what that tells me is a creator or creation being good and criticism given to it are completely unconnected.
>>
File: 1494696339763.jpg (6KB, 267x209px) Image search: [Google]
1494696339763.jpg
6KB, 267x209px
>>92580934
Except you are negating your own argument in a meta-sense.

All stories need internal consistency in order to be legible, fun and have the impact the author intended for them.
From the start we know that the show was "show, don't tell" and that all emotional pieces and appearances are there for pure visual purpose, with plot connecting them all. As such, to give the viewer a plot of supposed importance superseding the visual matter of the medium is to impose an expectation on the viewer that the visual medium will obey the needs of the suddenly introduced story in order to make sense. The bait and switch we were given does not only fail to deliver justice to the plot established and internal consistency it demanded of itself, it also surrendered itself to the primacy of visual style of the show over narrative substance we were told to expect.

Either do your twists properly and set them up, or don't do them at all and serve your narratives straight so you can do your visuals. What Genndy did was worst of both worlds and was inherently unsatisfying, despite the finality and closure delivered. Instead feeling love or bitter-sweetness promised, I'm feeling inherent annoyance.
>>
Would jack age in the future? If so, he should have stayed in the future. but I understand why genndy chose this ending.
>>
File: ytmnd.png (399KB, 1020x315px) Image search: [Google]
ytmnd.png
399KB, 1020x315px
>>92579123
How do you know how time travel works?
>>
>>92576854
So you would be fine with somebody you don't even know erasing you right now because he traveled back in time to prevent some fucking genocide thousands of years ago? No, you wouldn't.
>>
>>92580278
>like 400 people and 5 dogs that jack personally knew and saved
>"everybody"
>>
>>92580505
then explain to me who's gonna control the global hierarchical meltdown that is bound to happen with the destruction of Aku.
Jack? He may be ageless, but he's human. He nearly snapped to the bring of suicide after wandering 50 years without a purpose, while Aku simply brushed it off as a "bad day"
Ashi? She may be half Aku but she's also half human, and an aging human at that. Aku is immortal and invulnerable to even time itself and the only being capable of ruling an entire world. Killing him in the future would only cause a worldwide crisis and possibly a massive conflict that would cause more harm than good
>>
>>92581208

And that's the crux of the matter, isn't it? Genndy had told you for 4 seasons that Jack had to go back to the past to undo the plot of Samurai Jack, but back then it was just an episodic show with no ending in sight. So what happens when you must confront this with an ending?

Well, Genndy starts with a declaration that there really is no way back to the past, so tricking the viewer into thinking the previous objective is null and void. Instead, the mission for Jack becomes a gradual process of survival, saving Ashi, regaining hope, regaining balance, the romance and then slaying Aku. This is the plot, it is set in a world, it is filled with characters. Everything we as an audience could want, right?

Only this was always about not having a plot or world or lore. An ending means the world, plot, characters ceasing to exist both metaphorically and literally. With this division, Genndy is left with two choices: he can either commit to the world he built and make a dramatic ending with impact, or he can erase it all and tell you to move on, stating you shouldn't be asking for impact from cartoons.

It's clear he did the latter, but why? I can think of only one reason: because the plot he built and the characters he created were meant as a plea for the audience to not attach their demands to his work because if you do, his strength in the visual primacy and episodic format becomes a weakness for any attempt at narrative substance. Genndy wants to convince you not to want a narrative for the art because it will fuck up his art.

Is he right? Well I don't know I'm not an animator. But I can tell you right now this ending doesn't make sense for the narrative especially with its execution so either he did it for the reasons I outlined or he's just didn't know what he was doing.
>>
>>92581584
>With this division, Genndy is left with two choices: he can either commit to the world he built and make a dramatic ending with impact, or he can erase it all and tell you to move on, stating you shouldn't be asking for impact from cartoons.
This is absolutely correct, but you're drawing the wrong conclusion from it. NOT having Jack get back to the past would have been the latter one.
>>
>>92567373
From a strictly utilitarian sense you're right, but as a narrative it means that the emotional investment of the audience was pointless.
>>
>>92579988
This
>>
>>92579683
Yess becauae there is a confirmed set of rules all time travel must adhere too
>>
>>92567626
But the future is full of non-Japs lol why should he value Gaijin over his own people lol
>>
>>92581584 (You)
>>92581208

Of course he could've ended the whole thing in one episode, really, but maybe this decision only came up halfway through production or maybe a one-episode season isn't something anyone would agree to and would permanently ruin his career.

>>92581634
That's nonsense and you know it, first off you don't know how things would turn out if Jack hadn't gone to the past, and second the current ending has no dramatic impact at all. It's a non-plot story with a character ceasing to exist due to a delayed paradox and some ladybug giving Jack closure. In laymans terms it's a bad ending.
>>
>>92581584
>Is he right? Well I don't know I'm not an animator. But I can tell you right now this ending doesn't make sense for the narrative especially with its execution so either he did it for the reasons I outlined or he's just didn't know what he was doing.

I wish it were true, but given the pacing of the last episode, I am feeling that this was something done out of desperation to fit it in within 10 episode limit, as opposed to being executed properly. There was simply not enough time for us to absorb the ending in a way that would make it make sense the way you laid it out. A happy ending which was built up for the viewer until the moment Ashi falls in itself already defied the expectations of the show and to simply execute that would be sufficient, while the present ending asks us to invest emotionally in the ongoings within span of few minutes which makes it jarring.

If you truly were to move on, you need proper, permanent and emotional closure - reason why we tend to be satisfied with happy endings and move on from them faster, as story is concluded with no further emotional development to be had - the emotional palette is exhausted, the author had delivered his art. Bittersweet endings come out as forced when done as Genndy did it, as you are trying to squeeze out a lasting impact when you are committing yourself to a closure - a good sendoff is memorable in itself, it does not need further garnishing.

Committing to the world and characters at this stage becomes irrelevant if the final result delivers the closure, which this did not but exacerbated arguments about flaws of the ending.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
The ending we got was like Evangelion or Hotline Miami 2. All the side characters we loved died or didn't even exist to begin with. At least they sacrificed themselves on their own accord, but Jack erased their existence by killing Aku, so any good experiences they had are lost too, not just the bad ones. Pretty shitty, honestly.
>>
>>92581894
>delayed
Enough with this meme, just pretend that she disappeared immediately and that wedding scene was Jack's imagination if it bothers you so much.
>>
>>92563943
I like this idea. Jack continuing his journeys, but free from a life of revenge.
>>
>>92573744
>Everything Jack did in the future amounted TO FUCKING NOTHING
>His experience allowed him to kill Aku easily and then restore his Civilization

Anon, I...
>>
>>92574736
>Whenever he falls in love, it is always with Aku
>>
>>92573804
>By completely annihilating another, for all time.
OH NOES, NOT THE MULTICULTURAL WORLD OF AKU WHERE HIS CIVILIZATION DIED!
>>
>>92563532
is there a mega of the latest episode. Dont want to deal with xdcc
>>
>>92564298
>Fuck Jack for caring about his past
>>
I just realised Jack still can't age. Does that mean he'll wind up in the future anyway just by surviving? I wonder what the future would be like in a world without Aku.
>>
>Complaining instead of enjoying the show
>Thinking that an overthought more complex ending could work better

Sometimes simple is best
>>
>>92573838
Destroying the entire future just to save his civilization is actually extremely selfish, you stupid piece of shit. Not sure what Jack being pure of heart has to do with anything either. You seem quite dumb.
>>
>>92581897
That is also true. Happy endings or very well set-up tragedies are best for closure and moving on. And honestly if we forego the wedding and ladybug scenes Im sure we could've cut together just enough time for:
1. Slightly more than I LOVE YOU for turning back Ashi.
2. Slightly more heroic victory over Aku.
3. A sunrise.
And everyone would be happy. So why not do this? Only if Genndy wants you to quit the drug cold turkey. He wants you to move on without a satisfying ending and with the world he built literally gone forever, so that you don't come back for reruns.

It's a shame because the guy clearly has loads of talent and can make a decent story, but choses to ruin the story to increase demand for talent.

If he'd stick to small shows with no important overarching conflict or plot that requires real investment to watch good animation it'd probably be the best outcome for everyone.

>>92582162
I can't because that isn't what happened. The series was implying that she'd get away scott-free as a trick to make her deletion even more jarring. If that's not "Stop being invested in this show or else" I don't know what else Genndy could do.
>>
So all those times where Jack could've gone back to the past but stopped in order to save someone was completely pointless in hindsight, considering they would cease to exist in that timeline anyway after he finally did go back.
>>
>>92582181

He would have killed Aku easily anyway if Aku didn't pull a dick move and fling him into the future. The only experience he gained that was relevant to that situation was "don't fucking let your guard down", and unless he's autistic, we didn't need a fucking 5-season show for him to learn that lesson.
>>
>>92582231
>Only if Genndy wants you to quit the drug cold turkey

Would a happy ending negate that? A closure that is as permanent as erasing everything and everyone that connects Jack to what he experienced sure as hell puts any continuation to the grave, but it does little to justify the flaws of the story itself, which what the gripe is.
I do not see how "all victories have a sacrifice" works here as an explanation when the plot logic itself does not support this - Ashi might have a well dissipated right after Aku's death, which would be more impactful and bittersweet and less jarring than the wedding (and thus justify the "price" trope), or have the happy ending play straight and conclude with complete confidence that the story has ended with a "happy ever after". Don't try to play both fields, because instead of bittersweet, you end up with sour - not for Jack, but for the viewer.
>>
>>92563943
This present Jack should have died with Aku, which also kills Ashi, then we get to see past jack into the new and bright future and he just accepts that he must have killed Aku some how but still missed his family cuegotta get back
>>
>>92580284
screenshot source?
>>
>>92582466
>Would a happy ending negate that?
Yeah actually it would. People learn more from negative emotional experiences. Compare your first heart break to your first succesful date, which is more memorable?
Anyway, I wasn't concerned with discussing the flaws of the story, just the ending. AFAIK the story flaws were overall hiccups at worst and the ending was what's really ruined the show for me, so I can only assume it was deliberate ruination.
It's like a sculptor making a perfect Venus and then smashing off the head with a maul so that I have no choice but to wait for the next statue or stare at tits with no substance. Yes, I like statues, sue me.
>>
>>92582638
>re-watch the first episode
>>
>>92582728
it was a question of video quality, not what episode it was
>>
>>92570929
he's reminded about the world he saved
>>
>>92582671
>Compare your first heart break to your first succesful date, which is more memorable?

Both are equally memorable, but for different reasons. In terms of the ending, what makes it impactful and memorable however is the execution - if the execution is flawed, whatever you hoped to convey will stumble and will be remembered as badly as the flaw itself. What has been a message of moving on has turned into memeing about Gurren Lagan and Genndy being a hack.
I would not mind a bittersweet ending, as stated earlier if the execution led it to be so. To suggest that the ruination we have seen was deliberate is asking for some meta-awareness from the viewer to the extent where content becomes irrelevant, all the while subjecting viewer to a barrage of images, sounds and emotions that led him to actually invest into it. The dissonance created destroys any hope of seeing the material in a meta-narrative context, instead it refocuses the ire on the execution of the content for either emotional (muh happy ending) or technical (rushed) reasons.
>>
>>92582837
Oh my bad, anon.

I dunno what the source is, but I remember reading someone posted higher quality links to all the first four seasons. You might have some luck with archives.
>>
>>92582922
>To suggest the ruination we have seen was deliberate is asking for some meta-awareness from the viewer
>The dissonance created destroys any hope of seeing the material in a meta-narrative context

I don't see how or why that would be the case. If the show didn't trick you into being invested, it wouldn't have been as crippling to see it concluded so disrespectfully. The dissonance is the product we recieve because we "fell for it" so to speak. In the future, Genndy recommends the viewer to enter a Zen state where all input immediately becomes impression without lingering in the mind so that a narrative isn't necessary to string sounds, images and emotions together.

Maybe's he's a Buddhist Jew? Those exist, right?
>>
>>92583308
I think you are treating this as deliberate outcome of a planned rush, I am saying its the opposite, a bad ending with an unintended fallout because it is bad. to try and find metacontext in it the way you are stating it is overestimating the source material that has always been a straightforward visual affair that suddenly has been laden with a plot to resolve.

Genndy is not Shakespeare nor Picasso - we aren't watching a masterpiece being unfolded, we watched a well-drawn animated show which had a weak ending to its plot. That's all the gripe ever was, is and will be about.
>>
So has Aku finally been destroyed or just sealed away again?
>>
>>92566897
>But we see ashi doesnt exist anymore, so the whole fractal / multiverse falls to pieces. Time is linear in SJ.
But this isn't necessarily true
She does says if not for Aku she would never have existed BUT she also has a huge callout wherein she says she feels Aku leaving her
She's 50% Aku

The fact that she fades away only proves linear time as much as it proves that her life is inextricably linked to Aku, who's dead in this time.
>>
>>92583520

I wasn't implying it was a masterpiece. I'm just struggling to find a reason, any reason at all, to end things this jarringly other than as an attempt to persuade the viewer to accept unsatisfying finality as an immutable fact.
>>
>>92582638
>>92582837
Got it from this mega: https://mega.nz/#F!zoRxiZSK!prCZ-Wm4xc4lN5R9rL7HGQ
>>
>>92583788
There isn't much that you have to accept, simply use your own sense and taste for things to work out the pacing, the shifts and the tone of the story and the ending to know that this is sub-par.
To treat the author with unwavering authority is to surrender your own taste and imagination for things to a third party that might not necessarily be objective in the creation of their work (and they usually never are).
>>
>>92583930

That doesn't work, that doesn't explain the reason for the decision. All that would do would just return me back to "I don't like it so it's bad." I'm convinced he wasn't forced to do it this way and I've judged that he has the necessary skill to do it better, so I must conclude that he completed his work as sub-par deliberately. But for what reason exactly?
>>
>>92584127
Sometimes, people make mistakes. Errors need no justification or explanation, they just are and need addressing.
>>
>>92581393
If we lived in a world where literally every single person was enslaved and oppressed and has been for hundreds of years i probably wouldnt care
>>
>>92565751

I would too but keep in mind that this is the last season so stand alone episodes would hamper the ending.
>>
>>92569604
>How did the magic arrow fuck up and give him sentience?

I always interpreted it as the cultural belief in the arrows power to purify transferring over to the shapeless evil.

Basically Japanese cultural belief shaped the evil into something that Japanese would understand.
>>
>>92573099
What are you saying
>>
tfw this show sucked so hard only 2 people watched the episod
>>
>>92572092
ikr so it's ok for Jack erase the future while he don't look it
>>
>>92581584
There are no time portals=/=no way back to the past

I knew some bullshit would happen in the final episode to get Jack back. Surprisingly it actually made sense how they went back.
>>
The only thing I didn't like about this episode was that the guardian's prophecy was all bullshit. His time portal should have been the one Jack used. Like almost everything else could have remained the same.
>>
Jack still not aging and will live forever
>>
File: 1495345026120.jpg (499KB, 1520x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1495345026120.jpg
499KB, 1520x3000px
Anyone got the final version of this?
>>
>>92570929
Jack just likes ladybugs
>>
File: jack's bacl.png (3MB, 1062x3148px) Image search: [Google]
jack's bacl.png
3MB, 1062x3148px
>>92587687
And now his duty is ended.
>>
File: 1330709185979.jpg (60KB, 277x476px) Image search: [Google]
1330709185979.jpg
60KB, 277x476px
>all those times Jack gave up his chance to go to the past to save some schmucks from dying
>in the end he bails on everyone in the middle of the fight against Aku and erases them all from existence

what was the point
>>
>>92587701
that's little faggot, anon
>>
>>92587742
He didn't bail on them, Ashi took him back of her own volition.
>>
>>92587733
Thanks anon!
>>
>>92587733
But the ending wasn't sad. The show failed on making Ashi a likeable character ,as a result people didn't emphasise with her
>>
>>92587742
You're right, why bother saving someone's life if they're going to die anyway?
>>
>>92587640
That's why I like the past Guardian theory. There's nothing to say he's dependent on an Aku-ruled future, for all we know the prophecy could still come to pass with Jack visiting the future later on.
>>
>>92568925
Is there a template for this image? I feel we're going to need to use it many, many times more.
>>
>>92587790
Disagree, but I felt her ending was rushed and it hurts the effect they went for.

>>92587813
Jack can't sacrifice others.
>>
File: 1494810115587.jpg (49KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1494810115587.jpg
49KB, 565x486px
>tfw everyone who was erased will be born again into a new timeline and live peaceful, happy lives
>>
File: ashi simon sez.png (586KB, 1274x722px) Image search: [Google]
ashi simon sez.png
586KB, 1274x722px
>>92588307
Except her.
>>
>>92588307
>>92588500
>jack is still immortal
>eventually runs into a girl that looks just like ashi
>she asks "have we met before?"

Just putting that out there. Not like it's outside the realm of cartoon logic.
>>
File: Ashi_waiting_Jack.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi_waiting_Jack.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92588658
>gets to relive his love just to see her wither and die of old age
Thread posts: 496
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.