[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0 3/18/peter-parkermary-ja

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 32

File: spidey_wedding.jpg (101KB, 610x360px) Image search: [Google]
spidey_wedding.jpg
101KB, 610x360px
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/18/peter-parkermary-jane-watson-marriage-will-never-ever-return-infinity-says-dan-slott/

why does Marvel hate the marriage so much?
>>
>>92550895
Slott also said that Peter Parker was never coming back from the dead and that Superior Spider-Man would be permanent. And you know how they're going to have a "break-the-internet" reveal in the Marvel Legacy one-shot? Yeah there's a very good chance that it'll be something related to One More Day that at the very least will start the process to undoing it and bringing back the marriage. It makes sense. It would be very unexpected, much more so than bringing back Logan or the F4. And it would provide an answer as to why Marvel's doing all these MJ variants.
>>
>>92551989
I'm just curious as to who these higher-ups that apparently all want to keep the marriage dead are and where the vitriol comes from
>>
>>92550895

Spider-man and MJ getting married AGAIN would be dumb. Its iconic as it is. Its why I think killing Gwen Stacy in adaptions is dumb. You don't just do the same thing, that's not fun.
>>
>>92551989
I've heard this many times before, and yet here we are.
>>
>>92551989
Undoing OMD and bringing back the marriage would also be an easy, almost effortless way for Marvel to restore some goodwill with fans.
>>
Mary Jane is a lesbian now.
>>
File: Unreadable Books.jpg (188KB, 700x634px) Image search: [Google]
Unreadable Books.jpg
188KB, 700x634px
>>92550895
>says-dan-slott
>>
>>92551989
This.

Skittish just stirring the pot now so that when it happens later there will be a bigger pay off.
>>
>>92560645

Does Peter retain any memory of the Mephisto deal? Also I recall MJ whispering a little side-deal condition, but I don't think they ever revealed what that was.

>>92551989
They also said Spider-man's secret identity reveal wouldn't ever just be "magically poofed away by Dr. Strange or anything" and so when he tells Peter he can't magically undo it, he goes to Mephisto, who magically poofs it instead.
>>
>>92561009
Which Gwenpool issue is that from?
>>
>>92550895
And I will never ever read your Spider-man up to infinity, Slott.
>>
>>92551989
>OMD gets undone
>With the condition that Pete somehow gives up his Spidey antics.
>Sizes up Miles for a while to determine if he's a suitable replacement
>Gives him his blessing, even offers him his colors (Miles either excepts or declines and sticks with his black)
>Pete finally gets the happy life with MJ that he has struggled for multiple decades to achieve
I'd dig it, if that's what happens. Doubt it will be though due to the status quo of Peter Parker's characterization.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-08-18-45-35.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-08-18-45-35.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Do you think Slott has read any of Spider-Man and Deadpool?
>>
>>92563641
I doubt Slott reads any current book that he isn't writing and just has Lowe tell him anything he absolutely needs to know.
>>
Marvel would sooner de-age Peter back to high school for imaginary movie synergy bucks than bring back the marrage. This isn't DC, who is content on having their comics, tv, movies, etc. be complete alternate universes. This is Marvel, where things are similar so people won't be confused. It's why the only comics they publish are largely either from a movie or a popular joke character (Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, etc.). It's why their lineup for Legacy is still the same tired writers and artists that we see today. And it's why Spider-Fags need to stop deluding themselves with this fantasy that the marrage will come back.
>>
>>92562543
Marvel will never let Peter grow up or move on or not get tortured perpetually

but this is a nice thought
>>
>>92561768
>Also I recall MJ whispering a little side-deal condition, but I don't think they ever revealed what that was.
that he would leave peter alone. which according to omit retconned the deal itself out of existance. and mephisto is fucking over peter in sm/dp
>>
>>92563641
didn't he make a deal with mj to leave peter alone
>>
>>92550895
>why does Marvel hate the marriage so much?
Because redheads aren't an important minority in their eyes.
>>
>>92565928
It was to live him alone "until the end of his days", and since technically he had just died, you could technically argue hell, Mephisto's the Devil, he would argue that the contract was null
>>
>>92565928
Presumably, in Spider-Man and Deadpool, when Peter died, the deal became fulfilled, Peter reached "the end of his days." But was then brought back, this means he's free to fuck with Peter all he wants.

Of course that's in Kelly's comic, Slott probably doesn't read it.
>>
>tfw the Spider-girl universe where Peter had a good life and mostly retired to be a cool dad is only one of the 'infinite number' of spiderman universes Marvel has, instead of the practically canon future like it was originally.

>we never see Parker building on his classic successes like his best-selling book, or his university teaching, or his job at an experimental chemical plant that one time.
>now they keep trying to make him a proto-tony-stark with his own bullshit holding company that feeds him money and crime-fighting shit like literally every other hero, and doing so seemingly out of thin air and superhero benefactors
>>
>>92566426
>instead of the practically canon future like it was originally.
How could it be the canon future when the story is literally based on a "what if" about their daughter not being stillborn during the Clone saga?
>>
>>92566349
>>92566405
yeah that makes sense.

but peter only died because mephisto was manipulating Deadpool
>>
>>92550895
SJW hate heterosexual marriage. Peter will marry Iceman instead.
>>
>>92565902
>>92565928
Now I want an MJ crying on youtube "LEAVE PETER ALONE!!!@" fanart.
>>
>>92566680
Which one? After all the young one was made gay by young Jean Grey, but the old one?
>>
>>92566680
>Spider-man and his amazing friends is now Firestar and her flamboyantly gay friends
>>
>>92566577
Checked em

It's actually pretty genius plan, he only made a deal with Weasle who wants to torture Deadpool by fucking with his hero who just happens to be spider-man.
>>
>>92566825
They are storywise the same one. Not alternative dimensions (at least as far as I've tried to read), but actual time travel
So the reveal that the young one is gay retroactively turned the older one gay, even if he had always been in hetero relationships
>>
>>92566940
I get that, but I don't remember the older Iceman ever coming out.
>>
>>92551989
>Slott also said that Peter Parker was never coming back from the dead and that Superior Spider-Man would be permanent.

And also that Phil Urich killed Roderick Kingsley. And about how people shouldn't pirate comics (yet he was pirating something)
>>
>>92566996
I have not seen the actual reveal, but I think it basically happened at the same time. In one of the earliest chapters of that X-men book that was released just after Secret Wars I remember him talking with a gay student of the school because he didn't know how a gay should act, since he had remained in the closed for so long
>>
>>92562543
>Pete somehow gives up his Spidey antics.
>Sizes up BEN REILLY for a while to determine if he's a suitable replacement
>Gives _BEN_ his blessing, even offers him his colors ([spoiler_BEN_sticks with his rework of the spidey costume)
>Pete finally gets the happy life with MJ that he has struggled for multiple decades to achieve.
>Pete fucks up and gets RE-radioactivated and gets his powers back, and comes back in time for ben to find out he's the clone and dies.
>pete back as spidey.

Something about this sounds so familiar....
>>
>>92552675
Dan Slott is a manchild retard and spouts a LOT of shit to make people mad. He also legitimately hates Mary Jane Watson as a character.
>>
>>92550895
>there is nobody in the world can undo what i do
Trump could unironically actually do it in a whim, and by that i mean Barron Trump
>>
File: image.jpg (321KB, 900x1222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321KB, 900x1222px
there is a comic catering specifically to your weird fetish. The Fantastic Four haven't had a comic in almost 2 years.Conclusion: Marvel hates Spider-Man fans.
>>
Has any comics publisher ever been as terrible as Marvel is right now?
>>
>>92567526
DCYou era DC was literally a year ago and it was maybe the worst lineup of comics I've ever seen. They managed to turn it semi around. Make Mine Marvel.
>>
>>92567403
You shouldn't read it because it "caters to your fetish"
You should just read it because it's a much better Spider-book with a much better author
>>
>>92567273
>>92567273
I stopped reading Spidey after Ben took over.

Started up again right before Civil War up until Superior and stopped again.

Also, since Spider-girl was based on the Ben era, does that mean Peter was still powered down in that series? Only ever read one issue of the series.
>>
>>92567822
>Also, since Spider-girl was based on the Ben era, does that mean Peter was still powered down in that series?

No, the events of the Clone Saga happened all the way through with Peter regaining his powers, Ben being killed by Osborn, and the baby being kidnapped (with Osborn setting things up so that MJ thinks she had a miscarriage). Things don't change into MC2 until The Final Chapter, where instead of finding Aunt May alive he finds baby Mayday alive, IIRC.
>>
>>92567822
Didn't like Ben? There was some good stuff in the ben arc. I really liked some of the stuff that was happening at the time, like the Phil Ulrich Good Green Goblin.

Spider-Girl was kinda weird, pete had his powers and was the defacto spidey and they never really mentioned ben bar the fact that's where may got her suit from and ben was a great spidey and was her uncle ben that she never met.

I don't know if he ever showed up, I only read the first few years of SG and it ran a surprisingly long time. Fantastic 5ive was bullshit though. FUnny enough, most of MC2 was just remaking current teams with loads of guys swapped for chicks. It was ahead of it's time and died on it's ass with only May's title surviving. Almost exactly like what happened to the 2099 and the Ultimate Universe.

Why are the spiders the only characters that can sustain marvel alternate lines?
>>
>>92560826
I prefer she'd be bi. Threesomes with MJ and Felicia would be dope!
>>
>>92567666
Not one current Marvel title is as good as Omega Men or even Midnighter.

Hell, Starfire was better than any of the "cute girl superhero" books Marvel's become obsessed with producing.

And when the initiative was a sales flop, they changed their direction and recovered within the year.
Compare to Marvel, who are fine with having a bulk of their titles being sales disasters since they're propped up by semi-annual events, constant relaunches, Star Wars, and an endless supply of Marvel money which means they'll literally never have an incentive to improve.
>>
>>92550895
MJ a shit.
>>
>>92568152
Well, they're holding off on events for a while.. but it still seems like Marvel editorial isn't going to do fuck all, so not much will change.
>>
>>92568152
We have some different tastes the anon.
I really want to like Tom King, i just don't. He has some nice formalist moments/tricks up his sleeve. The Grayson one-shot, even the lat two Batman issues, the swamp thing one and "the Button" with the hockey game that was The Watchmen riff. i'm still not sold though. Gay Batman beating up Cis scum didn't push my heteronormative buttons either.
You managed not to mention Prez, the gooking of Superman, Bat-Mite, Doomed, Levitz on Dr. Fate, an Earth-2 book, Some sort of Black Canary thing. Chappie Jim Gordon Batman. We are Robin. Hal Jordan with a fucking Backpack and NES power Glove.not one, not two but something like 17 Cullen Bunn ongoing titles. It was shit. they did correct ship though.
>>
>>92550895
Because Marvel is full of hacks that use Peter relationship drama as a crutch when they're running low on ideas and being married stops them from doing that.

They're also convinced that having him married ages him and makes him unrelatable.
>>
>>92568152
You take that back. Starfire was generic shit.
>>
>>92550895
Because people who read comics don't want the marriage and the responsibility it brings.
>>
File: dan slott.jpg (112KB, 403x495px) Image search: [Google]
dan slott.jpg
112KB, 403x495px
>>92550895
He sounds like pic related
>>
>>92550895
Is there a bigger baby than Dan Slott?
>>
File: 1483915236383.jpg (56KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483915236383.jpg
56KB, 405x600px
>>92562543
>Peter will never live a happy life with MJ after giving Kaine his blessings to become Spider-Man as the final step to his well-earned redemption. And I guess Miles can take over as the new Scarlet Spider or something
>>
>>92567666
DCYou had better comics than Rebirth, you pleb. Except for Prieststroke, none of the comics are half as good as Omega men or Prez. What is with the recent hate for DCYou. I remember /co/ liking it when it was going on.
>>
>>92550895
Jealously.
>>
>>92567359
>>92552675
To elaborate on anon's point, Slott says MJ is too much of a perfect woman, a beautiful celebrity which had everything handed to get in life and thus she isn't compelling, and that Peter would be a shallow person if he picked her as companion for life and that Octo is much more of a deep man for falling in love with the midget
>>
>>92550895
Probably the same reason we hate Dan Slott so much.
>>
>>92568124
I started reading Spider-man in the 80s as a child. The Clone Saga revealed the Spider-man that I had been reading all this time, the one who got married to MJ, and had all this drama with the Osborn family, the one who I was emotionally attached to, was actually a clone of the original from a story I had never read.

So when he took over as Spider-Man, I kinda rage quit.

To be honest, aging the characters by having given birth to May Day Parker would have been an acceptable change to me. Spider-dad and what not.
>>
>>92572686
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Slott didn't read that issue when they said that MJ too had a pretty shitty life, right?
>>
>>92566349
>>92566577
When you think about it, that's the second time he died, the first being when Otto stole his body and left Peter in his dying one.

So Mephisto's got a double out.
>>
>>92568124
Amazing Spider-monkey on going when?
>>
>>92572767
At the end of the Alien Symbiote arc, yeah? How her mom got married too young and they had a rough childhood after her dad split?
>>
>>92572751
>To be honest, aging the characters by having given birth to May Day Parker would have been an acceptable change to me. Spider-dad and what not.
There an actually good comic about that
>>
>>92571106
Why not just make him Spider-pre-teen then? Him having a job and not going to school ages him and makes him unrelatable.
>>
>>92572831
Oh, is this legit? I thought these were, like, ironic variant covers or something.
>>
>>92572831
Yeah, but a literal webslinging family sucks balls.
I can't get over how bad MJ and the kid look.
>>
>>92550895
>Why does a company who's been infiltrate by the Gay Agenda hate heterosexuality

O GEE I DUNNO GUYS
>>
File: Mj-stand-by.png (1MB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
Mj-stand-by.png
1MB, 800x792px
>>92572767
>>92572822
But even ignoring such backstory reveals, how the hell do you look at all the trouble MJ and Peter went through together and think "oh yeah, that's a shallow supermodel that should stay away from muh Peter"
>>
>>92551989
Undoing OMD won't be break- internet, it will unify Internet in joy. If anything, we'll know the twins MJ secretly had with the Vulture
>>
>>92572686
In general, it seems like Slott has a general disrespect for most of Spidey's supporting cast/rogues, but with MJ, it's outright hate. There's a reason he doesn't even bother writing her anymore.
>>
>>92572944
But isn't that what Miles is for? I mean he's gotta be for something.
>>
>>92550895
>The marriage is NEVER EVER coming back. Spidey is all MINE, MINE MINE MINE
>S-stop insulting me on twitter you fucking NAZIS!!!!

I think Slott is legitimately retarded.
>>
>>92573097
Miles is there to jerk off Bendis' ego
>>
>>92550895
because quadeda and slott want peter to be a young adult that lives with his near dying aunt forever.
because they think people won't like an adult peter that has a happy marriage
>>
>>92572944
Are Luke Cage and Jessica Jones married? Cause if not, the only other one I can think of is Deadpool and Shiklah, and their relationship is disfunctional as fuck.
>>
>>92572910
There are variant comical covers about MJ this month, but the comic is real

>>92572921
I can understand that, but after having thought about it I came to the conclusion that it's for the better, because this isn't a comic about Spider-Man, it's about the Spider-family
In a Spider-man comic you can have MJ just being a supporting character without super powers, but it's really difficult to incorporate her in a story as a main character without it feel like Aquaman in the Superfriends cartoon or Aqualad in the original Teen Titans comics
She's not even a reporter like Lois Lane or a tech genius like Oracle, so you can't give her something to do to actually help Peter like those other too
If they didn't give her powers she would have ended up like Lois Lane in the current Superman comic (at least as far as I've read it), which is for the most part not being in it with the story completely focused on Superman and his son

Also, while I concur that Annie's costume is bad but I can understand the process that created it, I like MJ's one
>>
>>92573119
That's pretty much Marvel Editorial wholesale. All are the worst qualities of Marvel fans magnified.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
Imagine if any of you were dealt the same hand as Peter, by the powers that be. Striped away from a loving spouse and your child; a good future. Forever forced to be a play thing for your creators. Would you not want revenge? Would not want to meet one that causes you grief and crush them? What say you /co/?
>>
>>92573168
Why can't a man just have a loving wife anon?
>>
>>92573184
News Article about all of Marvel Editorial dropping from their windows and some mysterious glue residue being found covering their persons.
>>
>>92573184
>Spider-Man Kills the Marvel Editorial
>>
File: slott karen gillan.png (768KB, 643x747px) Image search: [Google]
slott karen gillan.png
768KB, 643x747px
>>92573217
Because Slott is a manchild.
>>
>>92573296
Jesus, imagine the exchange
>>
>>92573217
Because in that case she would have barely been a character in the comic
Let's be serious. For most issues of any comic more than half of the pages are dedicated to action sequences, either the action itself, the build-up to it or, if not strictly action, still situations that are not normal life-like, like a crime investigation.
In that situation a loving wife waiting for his husband to get home would have really little space, so she's either barely in the comic or you're forced to give her secondary plots that would in most cases take away from the aforementioned action, since MJ isn't normally related to anything that can help Peter in his crime-fighting business
Giving her powers lets her have an important presence in the comic while giving the reader what he normally wants from a comic about a man with spider powers fighting crime
>>
>>92573457
I don't think you really understand what a supporting character is.
>>
File: IMG_1397.jpg (22KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1397.jpg
22KB, 512x288px
>>92573296
>>
>>92566089
So are non redheads getting married left and right?
>>
>>92573184
DEADPOOL DID IT! DEADPOOL DID IT!
>>
>>92573529
The fact is that MJ isn't a supporting character in RYW, she's a main character together with Peter and their daughter
>>
File: 1487643454342.jpg (46KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1487643454342.jpg
46KB, 309x323px
>Straczynski will never come back to retcon this last decade of spider-bullshit
>>
>>92567273
I misread it as ANAL ADVENTURE.
>>
>>92573184
>Peter gets to meet his Creator
>the Man point out that in the strips he has a good life and what happened to him it's not his fault, pointing him to Slott and Quesada
>Black costume Peter strikes
>Now Stan is in charge of Marvel again
>Ike dies shortly after
>We can finally read good comics again

I would be happy as fuck.

Also fuck that anime and his overly ridiculous exposition episodes. How waste a great concept.
>>
>>92573603
Jim Shooter won't come back to just cleanse the entire department.
>>
File: 1494852053006.png (566KB, 725x733px) Image search: [Google]
1494852053006.png
566KB, 725x733px
>Fat retarded virgins hate pretty girls and cannot understand them.

Colour me surprsied!
>>
File: 1479185193097.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1479185193097.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>92573296
>>92574117
>>
>>92573663
SHOOP IT
>>
>>92573730
>Stan
>good comics
Pick one.
>>
>>92550895
Because none of them know what a happy marriage is and find it difficult to write.

Still, You want to know how bad OMD and marvel's last decade is in my eyes?

I would be 100% fine with the clichéd "and it was all a shitty-food induced fever-dream" cop-out and for the last decade to simply be binned

I'll feel bad for Carnage-man and Gwenpool, but Carnage-man would sacrifice himself for the greater good and Gwen... well tough shit, Gwen
>>
>>92574198
I love the strips
>>
File: SlottsMidgetNightmare.png (623KB, 420x640px) Image search: [Google]
SlottsMidgetNightmare.png
623KB, 420x640px
>>92574187
Your wish is my command.
>>
>>92574247
Lieber can write, yeah.

>>92574260
Based.
>>
File: SlottsMidgetNightmare.png (527KB, 400x613px) Image search: [Google]
SlottsMidgetNightmare.png
527KB, 400x613px
>>92574269
>>
File: anal.png (88KB, 255x148px) Image search: [Google]
anal.png
88KB, 255x148px
>>92574455
>>
Oh boy, more of Dan's "Tee Hee it will never happen!"

Which means its probably on its way.
>>
Watch all this speculation be for naught and it ends up being something completely different from this or the return of the F4 or even Miracleman becoming Marvel canon.

It'll be so dumb in comparison to what everybody's been hoping for that there won't be any reason to bother laughing about it on /co/.

It'll be Kamala kissing Miles.
>>
>>92568795
>He didn't like Prez
>He thinks Midnighter is some SJW bullshit about beating up straight people
>He didn't like Bunn's Sinestro
Holy shit taste
>>
File: nobodycares.png (215KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
nobodycares.png
215KB, 500x375px
>>92550895
>2017/03/18
>>
>>92550895
Well guess I'm never ever buying a Spider-Man comic made after the marriage was undone. Not like I was going to anyway.
>>
>>92574232
What's Gwenpool got to do with it?
>>
>>92575731
He basically said that we wanted the last 10 years to be cancelled, which would mean that all the characters created in the last 10 years, like Carnage-man, Gwenpool or, for example, Kamala wouldn't exist in the Marvel Universe after that reveal
>>
>>92550895
Can someone do a quick rundown on NEVER EVERs Dan Slott backed out from?

>Otto is Spider-man and Peter is NEVER EVER coming back
Also, didn't he go out on Youtube once to say that Uncle Ben is ded, Stacies are ded, everyone is ded and not coming back only to create Clone Conspiracy years later?
>>
>>92573132
Because that was their status quo during childhood, before they got all bitter and divorced.
>>
>>92567774
It's okay.

It's just Slott is so bad some people might even delude themselves that it's actually Spider-Girl good.

I still disagree on going as far as giving MJ her freaking superhero costume, I mean, it's the complete opposite of what a responsible person would do, instead of jumping less in skin tight spandex and punching niggers Peter is now running in skin tight spandex and punches niggers with his wife and daughter, doesn't sound healthy
>>
>>92574455
Best description of the Slott run ever.
>>
>>92575861
They try to explain it to some degree, but in my opinion it's just one of those things that should be handwaved because otherwise the story doesn't work, like Batman and other DC superheroes having a kid sidekick
>>
>>92573015
And now she's Bendis' toy. But at least he gets bored of his, unlike Slott.
>>
>>92574011
Shit went so fucking downhill after he got the boot, I'd take Bruce Banner getting raped at the YMCA and Carol Danvers getting abducted by son-husbands to another dimension while the Avengers don't give any shits over 80% of what happened afterwards. And the Carol thing would be especially nice right now.
>>
>>92575991
Honestly, what Bendis is doing with MJ is about a million times more respectful and halfway interesting than anything Slott did with her. Slott gave such a little shit about MJ that he couldn't even be bothered to remember who he paired her up with the last time she was shown with anyone.
>>
>>92573296
The hell is wrong with this man?

First it was looking for people complaining about his work on twitter and blocking them. Now this?
>>
>>92573296
Is he stalking her?
>>
>>92573183

I wonder if any of this bullshit would have happened if Shooter was EiC. Say what you will but he was top dog of some of Marvel's best stuff.
>>
>>92573165
Think their relationship is rocky now too. Could be wrong, only see snippets of their comics on here when browsing.
>>
>>92572686
>MJ is too much of a perfect woman,
Comic book writers should be required to actually read the entire series they write for.
>>
File: Drew.jpg (10KB, 335x371px) Image search: [Google]
Drew.jpg
10KB, 335x371px
>>92550895
>Marvel thinks being married makes Spider-man look old
>Its actually being around since the 1960s that makes Spider-man look old
>>
>>92572831
so what's the deal with this series?
is it in the 616 universe?
is it it's own universe where Spidey never made a pact with Mephisto?
are the 90's still a thing and the Xmen are more popular than the Avengers?
I need to know
>>
Is Spider-man still discount Tony Stark?
>>
>>92577432
Its set in a Universe where either Norman Osborn or Mephisto didn't abort MJ's baby.
>>
File: shit series from shit writer.jpg (131KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
shit series from shit writer.jpg
131KB, 1200x800px
>>92550895
Modern Marvel has made it very clear that they now oppose the heteronormative agenda. Haven't you been paying attention?
>>
>>92577569
OMD was canned ten years ago and Slott regularly uses Spider-man for straight fap fantasies.

Neck yourself or make your own thread to whine about that book.
>>
>>92577569
Plus they're both white, so that's a double no-no.
>>
>>92577432
It's a series with Slott's OC daughter for Pete, Anime
>>
File: hurhurhur.gif (664KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
hurhurhur.gif
664KB, 230x230px
>>92577602
>Neck yourself
How? I'd have to be an anteater, giraffe, or Opabinia regalis to do that.
>>
>>92577437
He is burning his fortune and respect in the international community to hunt down Norman Osborn and free Silver Sable's home country from his control and infectious goblin serum.

He is about to be a SHIELD wanted criminal.
>>
>>92575861
He doesn't want them to, though. He made the costumes so they could defend themselves if something happened, and keeps telling them to stop swinging into whatever is happening for the issue. Peter must be filled with nothing but impotent rage at his inability to control his fucking family.
>>
>>92577626
>anime is actually her name
>>
>>92566518
But the daughter wasn't still born originally, all hints pointed to that woman stealing it and raising her on the yacht.
>>
>>92575814

For years he insisted Ben Reilly could never come back because dissolving into goo is just too hard for bullshit comics superscience to reverse and then he goes and does the Clone Conspiracy where he comes back in the laziest way possible.

What really gets me is he supposedly sat on that story for years because there were other plans for Ben that never worked out but with all that time to really think about that piece of shit was still the best he could come up with
>>
File: aiyaa.png (823KB, 677x1025px) Image search: [Google]
aiyaa.png
823KB, 677x1025px
>>92572686
Remember in the 80's when Mary Jane was a moderately attractive young woman who was effectively trailer trash that ran away from her abusive father to live with her aunt in the ghettos of New York City and her best (and nearly only) friend is a socially retarded nerd who lived next door who also nearly gets himself killed every night fighting dudes in costumes?

What a fucking boring, perfect Mary Sue. How could you ever come up with material for such a vapid backstory?
>>
>>92573168
But that's false, Lois does end up having a lot of good scenes every arc and she's actually a very prominent cast member.

But she's a mother and a reporter so it's easier to give her stuff to do even without the Bat Armor, MJ doesn't really have anything like that at the moment.
>>
>>92573296
Why can't he give both? It's not like he can't afford it or just ask a favor from the sales department or whatever.
>>
File: amzng_smcov52.jpg (118KB, 520x792px) Image search: [Google]
amzng_smcov52.jpg
118KB, 520x792px
>>92550895
Romance in comics have always been a joke. Even if they did get married, down the road something would happen to fuck it all up.
>>
I stopped reading Spiderman after they canned Superior.
Did they ever bring back Doc Ock's midget gf? She was kinda cute.
>>
>>92573296
The funny part is you know he's never received something written by a fan of his own work.

Nobody fucking wants your fanfics or your references to their work. If you give them something, they want to see what YOU do and what YOU make. They already know their own material. They're probably trying their best not to get fucking sick of it.
>>
>>92578260
She's been working with Peter for a while, don't know what's going on post-Osborne ruining Parker Industries.

Unfortunately the character writing in the book has been abysmal, so Namor could show up and talk just like Peter for all it matters.
>>
>>92578260
The artist change makes her cuter. The story takes a big shit on her, she's essentially ungrateful peter's slave.
>>
>>92578297
>>92578299
Wonderful.
Guess it's back to reading Invincible for me.
Haven't read an issue since last December though so I bet the story's gone to shit too.
>>
>>92578260
You should have dropped the book BEFORE that superior trash heap.
>>
>>92567359
Also Slott can't write women. Even his waifu Anna Maria does nothing these days.
>>
>>92578397
I only read the Superior arc tbqh
I found it to be okay.
>>
>>92578461
I hope you mean that's the only Slott Spidey you've read, and not the only Spidey.
>>
>There is no lottery ticket BIG enough that anyone could win it, buy Marvel, and make this status quo happen.

I dunno, Powerball's been like $1.5 billion before. I could see it getting up into the $20 billion range someday.
>>
>>92578299
>she's essentially ungrateful peter's slave
>Implying a female slave midget doesn't improve things
>>
>>92578347
Isn't Invincible ending soon?
>>
>>92550895
This is really old news. Slott loses his shit anytime people figure out the end game of his stories. He does this song and dance every fucking time. Never, ever believe anything Slott says about upcoming stories. He is known to be full of shit and a straight up liar.
>>
>>92578252
Well, superman and lois are still married for almost 2 decades now(minus 5+years on new 52)
>>
>>92579197
I dont think Slott really has an end game to be honest
>>
>>92579428
Neither do I, but I think Marvel as a whole does. Its already been confirmed that they're moving back to a more relatable versions of their books with Legacy and, as they were saying at C2E2, something that will "break the internet" (kek at how absurd that statement is) will happen at the end of Legacy. I could totally see the Mephisto retcon being undone as part of that.
>>
>>92562543
Why would Peter quit being Spider-Man because he's married? It didn't stop him when they were previously married, it would also be widely out of character for him to just stop since a major aspect of his character is that he feels obliged to be Spider-Man.

I'd much rather see Spider-Man become a father in the main continuity and struggle with figuring out if it's more responsible to remain Spider-Man or raise his child. (and not have either Green Goblin or Mephisto preform a late abortion)
>>
>>92579712
>something that will "break the internet" (kek at how absurd that statement is) will happen at the end of Legacy

Peter comes out of the closet
>>
>>92552675
>>92567359
>>92578414
>Trying to pin the whole thing on Slott

Slott didn't pitch One More Day. Marvel has viewed the Spider-Marriage as a mistake for years. The comic book industry, in general, hats superhero marriage. Just look up the Superman 2000 pitch, or how DC killed Batwoman during the 52 era because J. H. Williams III wanted to marry her off.
>>
>>92578587
>Implying ANY lottery jackpot could even free Marvel from the tentacles of Disney

I got some bad news for you, anon. Disney will never sell the rights to Marvel. Those are IP's with toy, movie, cartoon series and fucking lunchbox potential for years and years. Not even Warren Buffet or Bill Gates could convince Disney to let it go.
>>
>>92577761
>He is about to be a SHIELD wanted criminal

Team-up with Bullseye when?
>>
>>92579938
>Marvel has viewed the Spider-Marriage as a mistake for years

They were opposed to it but ultimately did it anyway. This was less "Marvel" than "whining writers didn't like status quo change and would not stop bitching."
>>
>>92577761
>He is about to be a SHIELD wanted criminal.
Which means fuck-all considering how pretty much anyone who takes an initiative ends up in SHIELD's crosshairs, Maria Hill included.
>>
>>92579938
Superman/lois otp is too strong for millar and morrison, they'll just have to accept it
>>
>>92580173
> implying Millar will ever work at DC again while Paul Levitz draws breath
>>
>>92580201
And DC has already pretty much conceded in reborn that breaking up lois and clark is just not worth the effort anymore
>>
>>92580330
It might have worked if there had been anything resembling chemistry between Clark and Diana but there honestly wasn't. Clark is anchored by a human, not by another god.

Shippers can eat it.
>>
>>92580201
Levitz doesn't run DC anymore though. Or does Didio just not want to bring Millar in out of respect to Levitz?
>>
>>92580545
>does Didio just not want to bring Millar in out of respect to Levitz?
That would be based.
>>
>>92580201
Good, I consider marvel as a containment publisher, they can have millar, bendis, spencer and slott. Hell they can keep JMS for all i care since superman earth one is the only worthwhile thing he'a written in a long time. As much as I like lemire for animal man, his death of x is mediocre, hopefully he stays away from books I read
>>
>>92562543
It would also give a reason for the people who don't like Miles but like Peter to buy the Spider-Man comics, because as long as Miles is the main Spider-Man
>>
>>92579994

Elon Musk in about ten years will be able to buy or sell every media company in existance.
>>
>>92580812
Millar doesn't even work on Marvel's main titles anymore.
>>
>>92580812
JMS isn't working on comics anymore, and even if he was he might be persona non grata at Marvel.
>>
>>92581027
Yeah, the point though is he's not writing in anything thats on my pull list(him being in editorial or otherwise) which is good
>>
>>92572767
Or the fact that MJ's dad was a sociopath and framed MJ's sister for a crime she didn't commit which got her locked up and her kids end up living with the neighbors. Instead of blaming dad Mj gets constant guilt trips from her convict sister for abandoning her and running away to New York for a modeling career. All this AFTER her mom died.

Surprising when a person ends up persevering without a strong family unit. MJ still was determined to succeed and did it the entire time with out blaming or feeling sorry for herself. Still managed to keep a sunny happy-go-lucky disposition. Unlike Petey. Face it she, she's a jackpot.
>>
File: Shark.jpg (101KB, 900x726px) Image search: [Google]
Shark.jpg
101KB, 900x726px
>>92550895
To them it was a knee jerk panic reaction to Stan Lee's Newspaper Spider-man strips where they basically wanted to steal his thunder for getting them married (Marvel in the 80s had a serious hate for Stan Lee the person, why is anyone's guess) so they made the comic marriage happen and made a big deal out of it only to have the issue hit them later that in their panic they just put a huge amount of baggage on Peter's life. To make matters worse the only easy ways to clean the marriage (divorce or widowing) were big readership killers of the time because it both aged the hero and tarnishes any future dating adventures with Peter. It's why the convoluted Satan made me do it plot happen, and really the mess it was to undo the marriage is likely why they will never bring it back because it was an even more embarrassing and cringe moment in comics than the marriage in the first place, thus to bring the marriage back would be all the current staff admitting they are fucking stupid.
>>
>>92552675
There are people in the comic industry who think Peter and MJ marrying is up there with Crisis and eliminating the Silver Age version of Superman, as cardinal sins against humanity.

Which is hilarious since the marriage was Stan fucking Lee's idea as he wanted to marry MJ and Peter in the comic strip.

>>92560645
This too. One More Day basically drove away the majority of Spider-Man readers and rendered the book radioactive for a generation. It would definitely be a PR move to distract people for the SJW bullshit killing the company continuing after Secret Empire

>>92561768
They revealed MJ's side deal in OMIT: MJ revealed that she realized that the whole "Save Aunt May for your marriage" deal was REALLY being offered to her, not Peter. Because Peter would never do it unless MJ consented as well.

MJ agreed to the deal/letting Peter think HE was the person making the deal, in exchange for Mephisto vowing to never come near Peter again.

However, during Superior Spider-Man, Brevoort stated during an AMA that Mephisto's deal with MJ became null and void when Otto killed Peter in ASM #700, since MJ phrased her deal as "never come near Peter for the rest of his life" (which ended in ASM #700). So Mephisto can now terrorize Peter anew like he has been in SM/DP.
>>
>>92581190
>Marvel in the 80s had a serious hate for Stan Lee the person
Sauce?
>>
>>92550895
because it means the characters are aging
>>
>>92566680
SJW were part of the anti-OMD crowd.

Both Baker and Boxleitner, two of the biggest fanboy critics of OMD/Slott are SJWs....
>>
>>92581078
Why does marvel hate JMS? Was it the unfiltered interviews he did?
>>
>>92581240
http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/stan-lees-universe-c-v-r.html

>According to historian Sean Howe, Marvel’s newly installed and notoriously prickly owner Ike Perlmutter despised Lee, resented paying him a pension, and had demanded that Marvel stop featuring the phrase “Stan Lee Presents” in issues’ credits pages. The legal battle lasted for three years, concluding with a settlement in 2005.

This is also why Stan and JR Sr started doing the Spiderman newspaper comics. There are stories from Miller and others where Ike dislike Lee because Lee was very supportive of liberal writers even though Lee claim to not understand it.
>>
>>92581272
Several reasons:

1. JMS managed to pull off a huge fucking con on Quesada and Jemas over the Spider-Man marriage (told them he wanted MJ out of the books when he took over, then brought her back and guilted Kevin Smith (who Queada wanted to write the "Spider-Man and MJ divorce" story in exchange for Quesada firing JMS and giving AMS to Smith to write) into turning down the offer, allowing him to keep the job and reunite MJ/Peter.

2. JMS wrote AMS and Fantastic Four, which were the two most prominent Civil War tie-in books that painted Tony as evil and the villain of Civil War.

3. He threw a huge public tantrum over how Marvel allowed Bendis to violate a promise made to JMS, over how Thor would not be subjected to any crossovers when Bendis demanded to be given control over the direction of Thor as part of the Siege X-Over he wanted to write.
>>
>>92550895
Marvel must be eliminated.
>>
>>92581624
Holy shit what an absolute schemer though.
>>
>>92550895
To be honest I think most people memed themselves into liking the marriage in hindsight because OMD was so wretched. I don't miss it, though I do miss them being a thing. And someone needs to put America Chavez' fist in Mephisto's ass for what he did
>>
>>92572686
Even if she was perfect, would it be so terrible from a story standpoint? Spiderman is about fate throwing too much shit at a kid all of a sudden and him having to deal with it and do his best not to fuck it up. Somehow pulling the perfect girl and desperately trying to not fuck that up while doing all the super heroing and everything else would be pretty fitting for the story. Plus knowing she's perfect means anything that fucks up is for sure his fault, making the narrative cleaner and easier to understand.
>>
>>92581624
You know, for all the faults in his run I do like the JMS Spider-man run.

You think having to write OMD was punishment for all he did at Marvel?
>>
>>92582257
How can you like JMS after sins past?
>>
>>92582314
Violently blocking it from my mind.
>>
>>92582314
Remembering that it was originally supposed to be Peter's kids hunting him down, but then Quesada thought it would age Peter and forced him to add the bullshit with Goblin.
>>
>>92582559
>it was originally supposed to be Peter's kids hunting him down
that's just as stupid as Goblin's kids.
The whole thing was just a stupid writer wanting a twist story about a character he didn't understand.
>>
>>92582559
JMS couldve just scrapped the story couldn't he? It was his idea in the first place before editorial tweaked it
>>
>>92582705

I like JMS but he does have a habit of throwing tantrums on the page and burning it all to the ground when editorial interferes. His Thor run ended terribly after/due to Siege too.
>>
>>92582314
I still think it's funny that people are so triggered by this, Gwen was a shit character and Norman was an evil bastard, who cares if he plowed Gwen? Him plowing MJ would have been far more upsetting
>>
>>92582705
The stories told here is how things went with JMS
>"I wanna do X!"
>"you can't do X JMS"
>"OK"
>does X anyway
>"We told you no, you can't finish it like that, do Y or we will replace you"
>"I hate you faggots!"
>>
>>92567666
DC You was almost entirely excellent books. They were just based on C- and D-listers
>>
>>92582801
The annoyance was more how it still aged everybody but with a stupid plot point that almost couldn't exist.
>>
>>92572348
Marvelcucks
>>
>>92582853
That's understandable, but it's also comics, cape comics at that, from the big two no less, it felt like just an everyday kind of thing to me.
>>
>>92578011
She even buys a craddle
>>
>>92582257
>You think having to write OMD was punishment for all he did at Marvel?

He didn't though. Why does everyone forget that he fucking quit writing the book after he got into a fight with Quesada about how to break up Peter and MJ?

JMS told Quesada to pound sand, after having his story hijacked again (the first time being Sins Past). He quit and wanted nothing to do with Spider-Man. He even told Quesada to remove his name from the credits, because he wrote virtually none of OMD and Quesada was too much of a pussy to do it. He left JMS on the credits because he didn't want to take all the fire for OMD himself and threw JMS under the bus.

>>92582314
Oh fuck off. Aside from a few scenes (the Gwen/Norman shit), Sins Past is no where near as bad as people act like it is. Considering what the story is, JMS was able to do a pretty good job dealing with the emotional stuff and crafted a decent story around Quesada's ass fuckery.
>>
>>92582705
>JMS couldve just scrapped the story couldn't he?

No. It was editorially mandated by Quesada, who was top dog at the time. If he wanted to keep his job, he had to write it. If he didn't write it, Quesada would have just fired him and wrote it himself (pretty much exactly what happened with OMD, the only difference is JMS quit instead of getting fired).
>>
>>92572921
Yeah and it feels a bit DC.

Which is why I liked Spider-Girl it seemed like a natural progression. Peter and MJ don't want their daughter to be a superhero, especially after all the shit they went through but Mayday is at a point where she is old enough to make that decision for herself so they accept it.

That said RYV is a pretty cute comic and I'm glad it's doing good.
>>
File: __hr_spx_p02.jpg (180KB, 964x1500px) Image search: [Google]
__hr_spx_p02.jpg
180KB, 964x1500px
Because Peter married the wrong woman.

This is the perfect reality.
>>
>>92581500
Ike could never outjew Stan which is also why he hates hum with a passion.
>>
File: __hr_spx_p03.jpg (187KB, 969x1500px) Image search: [Google]
__hr_spx_p03.jpg
187KB, 969x1500px
>>92583710
>>
File: __hr_spx_p08.jpg (178KB, 970x1500px) Image search: [Google]
__hr_spx_p08.jpg
178KB, 970x1500px
>>92583787
Life goes on.

While in 616 life never goes on. Peter is trapped in literal hell.
>>
>>92551989
>mjfags STILL grasping at straws
You guys are really tenacious when it comes to your waifu.
>>
File: boobspalm_by_yestherdey-d5zneia.png (349KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
boobspalm_by_yestherdey-d5zneia.png
349KB, 1024x768px
>>92583710
>>92583787
>Gwen Fags.

Fuck off, she's worse than Carlie.

We all know what the end game should have been.

She just has too learn how to accept Peter as Peter.
>>
>MJ
>Gwen
>Black Cat
>Carlie
Why is Peter such a slut?
>>
>>92583931
Did a gay dude draw that picture? What a terrible way to talk about tits
>>
>>92583979
That's not even half.
>Michelle
>Silver Sable
>Betty Brant
>Silk
>that one blue alien chick

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
>>
>>92583982
No, but I think there might be some slight autism involved.

>>92584207
We have a chart of it. I think the number of girls (and three guys) Peter got with was 98.
>>
>>92581158
Whatever happened to MJ's sister?
>>
>>92582853
I was reading the thread bottom to top, and thought you were talking about invincible for a moment there.
>>
File: img_3847.jpg (258KB, 604x497px) Image search: [Google]
img_3847.jpg
258KB, 604x497px
>>92583710
The Peter will forever want Gwen thing is retarded, especially if you think into account the first time a Gwen clone appeared and he thought it was the real deal.

Yet all he could think about was MJ.

Gwen is just nostalgiafagging.
>>
File: 15.jpg (135KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
135KB, 606x600px
>>92583710
Yes, Gwen Stacy the woman that loved cucking him.
>>
>>92582559
>but then Quesada thought it would age Peter
Has this line of thought ever turned out well for Peter?

Maybe Peter should get a new nemesis; Spider-boy.
Some sort of personification, supernatural or just metaphorical, of every misguided attempt to reverse development in an attempt to keep him relatable.
>>
>>92584702

The funny thing is these decisions all come from middle aged editors, and are all hated by the usually younger fans.
>>
File: iphone-20120903012940-1.jpg (166KB, 521x600px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-20120903012940-1.jpg
166KB, 521x600px
>>92584577
>>
>>92584722
>He'd be revealed to be some sad middle aged guy acting out his nostalgic fantasies and doing what he thinks he'd have done if he where given Spider-man's powers at fifteen
>He also has a hate boner for MJ and has been sending her threats for months
Don't think it'd be too subtle do you?
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.