[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Samurai Jack ended with episode 9 of season 5 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 1494737778815.png (2MB, 900x3740px) Image search: [Google]
1494737778815.png
2MB, 900x3740px
Reminder that Samurai Jack ended with episode 9 of season 5 and everything that comes after is poorly written fanfiction.
>>
>>92540798
t. Aku
>>
pretty sure everything past episode 3 of season 5 was poorly written fanfiction, actually
>>
>>92540872
>pretty sure S5 as a whole was poorly written fanfiction, actually
FTFY

Is there ANY scenario where people might be at least ok with the finale? Because I can't see one.
>>
File: ashi awoo.jpg (12KB, 210x295px) Image search: [Google]
ashi awoo.jpg
12KB, 210x295px
>>92540798
Fuck off, Aku.
>>
>>92540872
>>92540903
Most people will be perfectly fine with it.
>>
>>92540903
Aku wins.

At this point even Jack would come across as unlikeable in my eyes if he decides to not go to the past just for Ashi, or at least act like nothing happened.
>>
According to the spoilers he can't be killed, only made to disappear for a while. Aku will return.
>>
>>92540798
I'm here to shitpost like OP.
This season was perfect 10/10 kino.
>>92540962
>believing spoilers on 4chan
>>
>>92540936
Problem is that now there's no way he can not go to the past without people blaming Ash, even if it is literally impossible.
>>
>>92541033
The thing is that Jack not going to the past and being okay with it it's out-of-character and really stupid.

Like he was about to kill himself at some point this season because he knows he failed to save millions, including his family and people, let alone the people that were going to suffer after he killed himself, Jack knew he was a failure because he was indeed a failure.
And so comes Ashi, and suddenly Jack is happy again, is a pussy all it takes to make Jack forget about all those people or that he failed his mission? Really? Like holy shit, the fact that the relationship itself was rushed and poorly done it's just an extra slap to the face. I don't hate Ashi as a character in-universe, but as the plot device that she is and as a choice to be included and how it was handled I literally cannot understand how the fuck did Genndy think this would be okay.

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself, but at this point I'm at least 80% sure he's not going back.
>>
>>92541175
More like you missed the point entirely. That point being that Jack was so wrapped up in the past and what he failed to do that he couldn't see the present and all of the good he has done. It isn't that hard and it amazes me that people like you are so blind to it.
>>
>>92541234
>Jack was so wrapped up in the past
Anon his whole mission was to prevent Aku, millions upon millions of death, rape, torture and misery, he should be fucking wrapped in the past.
It's not a matter of me not getting the whole "hurr durr the past is the past and now we move foward" it's that they made a joke about how some asshole was going to destroy and kill an entire village to live on a couple of episodes ago, does that people not matter or what?

From the looks of it it's like Jack is an asshole that thinks he can preach about forgetting the past after getting himself a girlfriend and letting everyone that he failed to save to be fucked when it was his own failure the one that ensued such pain in the first place.
>>
>Guardian dead
it is indeed
>>
>>92540798
Here is the truest tale of all! There was an almighty, all-powerful wizard, and there was a p- A PATHETIC little samurai AND THE WIZARD DESTROOOYEED HIM. THE END.
>>
>>92541469
based anon
>>
>>92541469
He'll appear as part of Scotsman's army.

It's obvious.
>>
>>92541175
Better to live in suffering and end up in heaven eventually than being written off reality completely.

But thats more about philosophy than its about jack.
>>
>>92541539
Without his glasses? Surely you jest.
>>
Does anyone have that image from the comics were Aku cockblocks Jack for the 2nd time?
>>
>>92541360
That WAS his mission, and why he's beating himself up so hard early on. He's repeatedly been thwarted by Aku, who eventually decided to just say fuck it and destroy every time portal there is. An on top of that Jack lost his sword, which was the only means of ever defeating Aku. He'd pretty much accepted that he won't be going back to the past and that he's trapped in a future where he is powerless to ever make a difference, or that's how he sees it.

However, in the process of all that, he'd also saved and inspired hope in countless lives. That wasn't really part of his mission but it was something he accomplished none-the-less. Jack himself couldn't really see that, as to him there was no hope since he failed at his goal.

The whole point of the end of episode 6 was to make him realize that his entire existence wasn't in failure. It was that even if he failed in his original purpose, there was still a world he could save. That maybe he doesn't need to write off the rest of the world just because he can't press a reset button on it all.

And you say that like he doesn't still feel bad about the past. He outright said that he is afraid to get close to anyone because Aku has taken everything he's ever loved. Being able to move forward and allow yourself to find a new purpose doesn't mean you just forget everything else. Or would you prefer it ended at episode 6 with him killing himself, thus truly dooming the world?
>>
>>92541701
No but I've got a pretty clear visualisation of it. Telepathic coordinates?
>>
>>92540798
I can't help it but keep thinking Aku looks like Wilt from Foster's Mansion
>>
>>92541829
But at this point he's only saved about .001% of the people that died and suffered, I'm not denying Jack wasn't a good person, I'm saying that in the bigger picture he really didn't save nor really did anything significant, even if he defeats Aku it would take thousands of years to fix what he has done, he would've been better dying in episode 2 and letting someone else take over him than what happened.

His mission was to prevent, he failed already if the portals are indeed destroyed (which was also poorly done), I just want to make sure we agree on this and not on his mission being killing Aku.

>He outright said that he is afraid to get close to anyone because Aku has taken everything he's ever loved
But this is selfish as fuck, he's basically saying he feels bad about losing others because it affects him rather than not being able to prevent their suffering in the first place, I'm not saying being selfish at this point in Jack's character arc is wrong, but to some extent he deserves it.
>Or would you prefer it ended at episode 6
Honestly I would prefer a good and dramatic sad and tragic ending that was well executed rather than a bad ending where everyone smiles and winks at the camera in the end, but that's just me.
>>
Aku will be offscreened
>>
who else is going to be drinking Samurai Jack Daniels while watching the final episode tonight?
>>
>>>/mlp/
>>
File: 1494129233224.png (111KB, 400x454px) Image search: [Google]
1494129233224.png
111KB, 400x454px
>Jack walks in complete silence for 21.5 minutes
>when suddenly.jpg
>a wild aku appears
>Jack fights Aku
>Aku flings him even further into the future
>dogsong.wmv plays
>geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet dunked on
>"If you were really fans of my show, you'd of let me tell the story how I wanted"
>WHA JACK
>credits
>>
>>92543077
You know what anon I don't like undertale anymore.

Fuck you.
>>
>>92540962
I hope not because that isn't an ending.
I don't want a Samurai Jack jr. spinoff I want Aku dead.
>>
File: 1444315081916.gif (73KB, 129x150px) Image search: [Google]
1444315081916.gif
73KB, 129x150px
>>92543150

>genndy pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4wptBuM6zs
>>
>>92540798
reminder that your mom could have just aborted you but there was police watching
>>
File: 1494732371270.png (3MB, 1520x2660px) Image search: [Google]
1494732371270.png
3MB, 1520x2660px
Anyone here have the most recent version of this?
>>
File: jack's back.png (3MB, 1520x3000px) Image search: [Google]
jack's back.png
3MB, 1520x3000px
>>92543369
>>
File: 1482610270093.jpg (17KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1482610270093.jpg
17KB, 500x333px
>>92543408
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.