[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irregardless if got superpowers or not, do you believe that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ___nightwing____by_wyv1-d5pkmi2.jpg (130KB, 900x1286px) Image search: [Google]
___nightwing____by_wyv1-d5pkmi2.jpg
130KB, 900x1286px
Irregardless if got superpowers or not, do you believe that you can handle the stress that would come with being a superhero?

Would the fame and drama go to your head?
>>
File: superfeels.jpg (174KB, 669x558px) Image search: [Google]
superfeels.jpg
174KB, 669x558px
Probably not
>>
>>92532905
some people out there are tough enough to shrug off trauma that would break a lesser man

that sounds like the person who should be a hero in an ideal world
>>
I have anxiety issues so if I ever got superpowers my first thought would be "holy shit how can I get rid of this I don't want any responsibility".

I wouldn't be able to handle the stress, unless I got god-mode superpowers and nothing could ever harm me. Even then I'd probably stress about something.
>>
>>92532905
Maybe the opposite, I'd be terrified I'd become some sort of Ozymandias minus the intellect
>>
I straight up wouldn't give a shit. I'd spend all day shitposting on /co/, and just use my telekinesis to get myself more Cheetos or use my pyrokinesis to light a blunt, etc.
>>
Fame and drama? Who am I, Wally?

I'd work in the shadows doing it for personal reasons and not giving a fuck what the media and word-of-mouth said about me.
>>
>>92532905

It honestly depends what kind of superhero you are. Technically speaking, if you're doing it as a personal crusade, and you're actually killing people, you wouldn't want to be recognized.

If you're more a flashy kind of hero, you'd basically be X-Statix.
>>
>>92533152
>Being able to fly anywhere and fuck up slavers and warlords.

Can you even imagine the high? And I'd want journalists filming everything I do, good luck to governments trying to pull shit on me when I have billions of people on my side.

>#TAKEOFF TO INDONESIA AFTER LUNCH, IF YOU'RE A CHILD TRAFFICKER YOU'RE GONNA BE SORE V. SOON

Having to deal with diplomatic incidents (or having to give up on missions to avoid them) and cutting ties with my family would be tough but holy shit you're practically a god among men. If you maintain integrity you can do things that entire nations wouldn't be willing or capable of doing.
>>
>>92532905
I think I would just be glad to have some sort of purpose in life instead of wasting away waiting to die because I'm too much of a coward to kill myself.
>>
>>92533597
I give it a month before the public turns on you and every world government is trying to either kill you or drug you into some sort of zombie.
>>
File: supercapd.jpg (521KB, 1895x767px) Image search: [Google]
supercapd.jpg
521KB, 1895x767px
>>92532905
>>
>>92533678
Ending up in a Dr. Manhattan scenario is possible but I'd gladly take the compromise of not interfering with nations' war agendas and acting on a smaller scale instead. I don't think the public would turn on you if you act with integrity and explain yourself. Social media in general would be fantastic for a cape.

Worst case scenario you can go every day to a dirt poor country and fix shit that noone else cares about or is willing to fix.
>>
I wouldn't be able to handle the fact that I couldn't help everybody. And there'd be the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I wouldn't have the right to change things. People have a right to choose how they live. It wouldn't be up to me as much as I'd want to change the world.
>>
>>92532905
Me? I doubt it, I'm was a volunteer fireman from 16 until I was 26, I played rugby for the regional team, I played in the national volleyball team and I'm a med student. I can barely handle the stress. It's hard as fuck to play on a competitive level, to handle the hospital, or to be on a fire. Being a superhero would be way harder, I doubt any of the manchildren here could, I think that some former soldiers or people in similar stressful jobs could, but we all would end up dead anyway before the stress really fucked us up.
>>
>>92532905
>Irregardless

Are you trying to trigger me?
>>
I'd be like Moon Knight if you know what I'm saying
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.