[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/co/ tells me Mockingbird is shit >actually read it >turns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: mfew.png (371KB, 947x279px) Image search: [Google]
mfew.png
371KB, 947x279px
>/co/ tells me Mockingbird is shit
>actually read it
>turns out its mostly good (by modern marvel standards)

And people complaining about her retcon "ruining" her char, clearly didn't know about Ales Kot's retcon that turned into a sleeper AIM agent. So she was always morally compromised.

Plus is it bad to have a blatant bitch woman char? It adds more depth to her than just "rape victim", we already have 2 of those with ongoing series (hawkeye and jessica jones) in marvel.
>>
>>92532233
Yeah but she wore an SJW shirt one time
>>
>>92532233
>Plus is it bad to have a blatant bitch woman char?
that's every female character in Marvel these days, the book did nothing new, nothing worth talking about, it has no flavor to it and falls into the same shitty SJW writting traps ''are you body shaming me???''
>>
>>92532293
>did nothing new
>no flavor

I think you didnt read it. It introduced a bunch of elements almost without intersecting with the rest of marvel. Even the retcon that changed the moral core of the char without turning her "evil" was something you dont see often.

As for flavour, the art and tone was pretty distinctive. Maybe on a better era for Marvel that wouldnt necessarily mean "good", but right now, it does.
>>
>>92532293
>falls into the same shitty SJW writting traps ''are you body shaming me???''
it was in Power Man and Iron Fist
>>
>>92532233
I'm sorry you have abysmal taste.
>Jessica Jones
>rape victim
Oh, so you're a casual from a shitty show to boot.
>>
>>92532797

>show

its on alias, tard. and even if you dont consider what happens there "rape", the character clearly does when she discusses it with Kate on that Young Avengers special issue
>>
The writer has talent. But couldn't refrain from slapping you over the head with sjw rhetoric
That's why the book sucks
>>
It's literally just two issues that are bad. The controversy made people fucking retarded though and hyperbole rules the day.
>>
>>92532233
Its shit.
/thread
>>
>>92532846
It was a violation and sexual assault since she was forced to expose herself, but on actual rape. It's still fucked up but don't mislabel things.
>>
>>92532870
There was some sjw rhetoric, specially on the tampoon comic but i really didnt see that as a central point in the series. And even that tampoon issue had her dealing with a filthy mutie in a smart way instead of just fighting like retards.
>>
>>92532233
I'll only address your main point as if the general plotting of the series wasn't lackluster, trying to hard to be witty, cluttering the script with 1000 clues on every page and generally shit on every character involved including Bobbi.
The last arc of SA v2 intentionally left everything ambiguos though, her memory was severely fucked with by rewrites so we can't get to know what's real about Bobbi and we're left with just that. She possibly started as A.I.M. but the point was that both those and S.H.I.E.L.D. did nothing but abuse her. Even if you choose to say she was always a sleeper agent we know she chose legitimate heroism and reaffirms so by leaving AIM and deciding to be a free agent, which doesn't go completely against her McCann's characterization.
On the other hand, if she intentionally lied about the rape, her entire character is destroyed since her actions are simply villainious now. She cheated on her husband, never told him, lied about the whole thing, and willfully left the man she willingly shagged to die while playing the victim and claiming she was raped.
Do you see the difference, OP?
>>
>>92532940
ok. where i live violation is legally and grammatically equivalent to rape but i guess its not like that everywhere
>>
>>92533039
>On the other hand, if she intentionally lied about the rape, her entire character is destroyed since her actions are simply villainious now. She cheated on her husband, never told him, lied about the whole thing, and willfully left the man she willingly shagged to die while playing the victim and claiming she was raped.
>Do you see the difference, OP?

Morally reprehensible? yes
antihero-ish? yes

villainous? no

By that same standard, wolverine would be a villian, or prof x, or any of the many morally compromised chars in comics.
>>
>>92533066
Rape generally requires penetration outside of a few things like statutory or the victim being unconscious. Even in a fantasy world with mind control I don't think making someone want to fuck you should count, though maybe there generally should be specific mind control laws on the books there.
>>
>>92533159
To clarify, this is mostly in the context of the US. But different states do have different definitions.
>>
>>92533159
Legally speaking, rape means without consent. Mind control very much fits under that definition, anon.
>>
>>92533148
>antiheroish
>lying about rape and murdering the man you cheated on your husband for
>>
>>92533148
Professor X never faked being raped, you mongrel.
>>
>>92533212
I have never seen a rape statute worded that loosely.
>>
>>92533227
>>92533240

morally reprehensible lies like the ones prof x told to hide the truth about his cannonfodder kroakoa team or about Danger, or the ones quicksilver told about him being replaced by a skrull etc

the thing is your char can be deeply flawed and have done wrong things while still being heroic, as long as it does heroic acts
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.