[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /co/, I've been gone away from comic books for the past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

Hi /co/, I've been gone away from comic books for the past 3 years ever since I entered Med School. Are there /co/ recommendations on important story lines to catch up on?
Normally I'm a marvel fag, but I do read DC comics as well. I'm also about to read DC rebirth to try and get updated with things. Is it worth the read?
>>
Deathstroke is the only real must-read from Rebirth, but most of the books are safe to read if the concept interests you.
>>
> marvel fag

physician heal thyself
>>
>>92526054
what would you recommend then? I haven't read anything good from marvel for a while now. I grew up reading marvel tho
>>
>>92526039
Thanks. My friend tells me he liked the flash and batman stories of rebirth as well
>>
File: Batman-concept-art-DC-Rebirth.jpg (83KB, 609x870px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-concept-art-DC-Rebirth.jpg
83KB, 609x870px
>>92526128
>>
>Marvel fan
>been gone for three years

Count your blessings, anon. You really haven't missed much. Go read Tom King's Vision run.

For DC, read the Rebirth one-shot obviously, as well as Flash Rebirth and The Button if you care about the overall DCU status quo. Beyond that, I'd say read Superman, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Super Sons, Teen Titans and Wonder Woman.
>>
>>92526155
Is this all marvel has to offer now?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-08-18-59-24.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-08-18-59-24.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>92525947
Ignore the company wars, this is what I'm currently pulling from Marvel and DC

Flash
Spider-Man and Deadpool
Batman
All New Wolverine
Detective Comics
Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Venom

Many anons also seem to really enjoy the following
New Super-Man
Deathstroke
Super-Sons
Uncanny Avengers
USAvengers
Ultimates

Honorable mention for runs that were canceled recently

Vision
Contest of Champions
Carnage
Harley Quinn's Little Black Book.
Illuminati
Squadron Supreme
Hyperion

Hope you find something that you enjoy reading OP and welcome back to comics
>>
>>92526299
>Spider-Man and Deadpool
>All New Wolverine
>Venom

You are a mouth breathing faggot for liking these titles.
>>
File: itsy2a-1.png (364KB, 527x648px) Image search: [Google]
itsy2a-1.png
364KB, 527x648px
>>92526369
>stop liking what I don't like
Sorry anon, I didn't know the comics I'm pulling were having such a negative effect on you, I'll be sure to take them off my pull list as soon as I can.

I should also point out that Flash and Tec are both pretty weak titles, I'm pulling Tec for Cass and Basil, the rest of that comic has been trash, and Flash hasn't really been any better aside from the button issues.

So what's your problem with SP/DP anyhow? Each issue that Kelly writes has been great. AN Wolverine and Venom both suffer from Not Muh, but the other is a genuinely good comic. So what gives? Is it a company wars thing?
>>
>>92525947
I would HIGHLY recommend Deathstroke, Superman, Supersons and Green Lanterns.

The rest of DC is at least readable for the most part (Batgirl and Harley Quinn are utter shit) so if you like the core concept of the book you will like the book.
>>
>>92526455
If you noticed I took no issue with the other Marvel titles on your list so its obviously not a company thing. I just don't like those three books.
>>
>>92526474
You forgot New Super-Man anon, I would say a Chinese version of the Justice League is far and away the most interest idea in rebirth.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-03-16-38-04.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-03-16-38-04.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>92526519
Alright, that's fair and I can respect that and even admit that SP/DP suffers from constant guest writers in filler issues which has gotten pretty annoying, but over all I'd say it's been a good run that has paid a lot of respect to runs from both characters that came before it. But hey, opinions right? Sorry you don't enjoy em.
>>
>>92526474
Thanks! I was hoping Green Lantern would be good
>>
>>92526299
Thanks! Appreciate all these recommendations! The original Kelly Deadpool run was one of my favorites back then, are you telling me he's writing Spiderman and Deadpool? Then yes I'll totally get into that.
>>
>>92525947
Rebirth basically partially fixed DC. They went from unreadable to mostly average and occasionally good.

DC Universe Rebirth #1 is excellent and well worth reading.
>>
>>92526621
Green Lanterns starts off as just decent and just gets better from there. The current arc is the best so far. Jessica Cruz is far and away my favourite Green Lantern.
>>
>>92526104
I grew up on Marvel, too.

Marvel is dead to me now. I've never read a worse publisher than what Marvel has turned into over the last few years.
>>
>>92526705
>They went from unreadable
This is a trash opinion.
>>
>>92526621
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is the main GL book now. "Green Lanterns" is about 2 other nobodies. Hal's book is actually pretty decent with some nice art in most issues.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-14-40-44.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-14-40-44.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>92526652
Yep, but as I mentioned, the comic suffers from guest writers, but Kelly is the man so you know he'll deliver
>>
>>92526652
Also, be sure to check out Flintstones, while I personally don't care for it (I've never been a fan of Flintstones) I have herd nothing but good things about here on /co/ which is surprising considering how most of the posters on this board can never agree on most things, but that comic which is ending soon, if it has not already, is seemingly loved by all.
>>
>>92526749
But that is wrong anon. HJ & GLC is a cosmic book, Green Lanterns is an Earth book. Both suit overlapping but different tastes.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.