[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /co/ thinking about Coco? https://www.youtube.co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: NEeeoffrMGx0hg_1_b.jpg (40KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
NEeeoffrMGx0hg_1_b.jpg
40KB, 600x315px
What's /co/ thinking about Coco?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCz4mQzfEI
>>
>>92520890
I think it looks like an uninspired attempt at Book of Life, and the already-emerging fandom for the movie has been shitting on BoL as if it were the rip-off.

Any time I'm reminded of it, though, I'm reminded that Disney failed to purchase a holiday just so they could name the movie after it, and it makes me smile. There's still some things that shit company can't do.

I really hope this movie just comes and goes.
>>
>>92520890
Its not going to be Zootopia tier. /co/ had threads for that full of art for months leading up to this. No one seems to care about CoCo. Its the Lion Guard of animated films

It does have the added bonus that it was directed by Alex Hirsch's college friend whose mom vomited on her clean dishes when she saw the midget appear on Twin Peaks.
>>
>>92522146
>the already-emerging fandom for the movie has been shitting on BoL as if it were the rip-off.

What? Why? What reasoning could Coco fans have for not liking BoL? Shouldn't they be happy they get two Day of the Dead movies?

>Disney failed to purchase a holiday just so they could name the movie after it

I still find it depressing that they're big enough and full of themselves enough that they could even make a serious attempt.
>>
>>92520890
It looks like a literal nothing. That's pretty much it. You could watch it, or you could just watch Book of Life and get the same amount of boringness with much more creative animation and design work.
>>
>>92522146
Are you sure that fandom isn't Disney shills trying make a fandom and hate on BoL? They did steal the idea. They also stole Zootopia too and are getting sued over it
>>
>>92520890

current Pixar movies are so meh they're added as bonus to women's magazines as if they were straight-to-dvd garbage.

It's over.
>>
File: IMG_3401.png (910KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3401.png
910KB, 1334x750px
>>92520890
I really wish they could've used a different style of eyes for this character. It looks so fucked. Just having black holes would've been better than this.
>>
>>92520890
It looks pretty and Mexican. That's literally it. Nothing else of note.
>>
>>92524216
seriously the skeletons look absolutely horrible what where they thinking??
>>
>>92524517
>>92524216

they ddint want to be accused to copying BoL.

>>92523092
>boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-fkmRaX0Wk

it was badly paced and written, but definately NOT boring.
>>
File: 1407221604020.gif (1015KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
1407221604020.gif
1015KB, 500x470px
>>92520890
I love Day of the Dead and everything that showcases it, plus it has a Xolo and I fucking love those dogs to death, so chances are I'll like it. It's a shame it'll likely be one of the most shitposted animated movies in recent years in account of it having similar themes to BoL and it being Pixar.
>>
File: fennecfox.jpg (67KB, 489x367px) Image search: [Google]
fennecfox.jpg
67KB, 489x367px
>dog named dante

how predictable
>>
File: sad green gem.png (417KB, 790x730px) Image search: [Google]
sad green gem.png
417KB, 790x730px
>>92524906
>had a cat named Dante
>he died
>now feel a little twinge of sadness every time I watch the Coco trailer and here the kid's voice saying "Dante! Wait up, boy!"

It's a good thing I don't want to see this movie very badly, because I don't know if I could handle an hour and a half of that.
>>
>>92520890

I think it's going to under perform. I've got no intention of seeing it with my kid
>>
This looks very uninspired and generic. Say what you want about their worst movies like Cars 2 and Monsters University, at least there you had a feeling of what they were going for in terms of marketing, development, and story.

What do we have here? Nothing. It looks boring and generic. Seems like this is going the way of Brave, which is a shame because considering how fucking shit Book of Life was I was sure Pixar would've been the first ones to make a decent Day of the Dead film. But I guess I'm wrong.
>>
>>92525191

didnt Jorge R. Gutierrez ask Pixar to make the his BoL movie?

no wait, that was DreamWorks, either way, mustard after dinner.
>>
>>92520890
You just know that at some point in production and planning that dog was a chihuahua before someone figured that was a little too stereotypical.
>>
File: disney-satan-fantasia.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
disney-satan-fantasia.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>92525405
They should make one about satan
>>
File: 559f9ec2bbdeb492df0e5184aa48f83c.jpg (148KB, 1024x443px) Image search: [Google]
559f9ec2bbdeb492df0e5184aa48f83c.jpg
148KB, 1024x443px
>>92525575

it's because people think small = harmless , so "oh he's angry, that's so cute"
>>
>>92525575
ridiculously tiny dogs like them and Pomeranians are always the worst, they are just pure annoying.
>>
CoCo featuring Dante from Dog My Cry &Knuckles + song by O.T Genasis remixed by Samplifire.
>>
>>92525405
>Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein's Creature, The Wolfman, etc?

Even though those monsters are technically public domain, they're all famous specifically for their Universal studios versions. If a big studio like Disney does a take on them and they're a little too close to the Universal versions, then Universal might find grounds to sue.

This is the reason why Adam Sandler's Dracula in Hotel Transylvania wasn't allowed to be too much like the Universal Dracula, so Sandler couldn't do just a straight up Bela Lugosi impression.

Also this is the reason why every Wizard of Oz adaptation isn't allowed to be too much like the MGM Wizard of Oz, so when Disney made Oz the Great and Powerful, they had to walk on eggshells a little to avoid making the costumes and such look like copies of the MGM versions.
>>
>>92525659
Wasn't Universal trying for some monster mash cinematic universe? Did that just fail with how badly that Dracula one did?
>>
>>92525405
Mexico does suck, it doesn't have to, but it does.
>>
>>92524597
>doesn't want to be accused of copying
>makes something that looks 10 times worse than what they're copying
bravo. But seriously, if they had just left the eyes blank then they could've done all the emoting with the sockets and it would've looked a lot cooler. I'm so mad.
>>
>>92525575
I have a friend who has two chihuahuas and those little shits ruin pretty much every movie night said friend hosts by going into their spastic little rage seizure fits mid movie. Can't really blame them too much though, because they're usually only freaking out so much because their shithead owner invited all the other guests to bring their medium sized dogs over, and the chihuahuas fucking hate the bigger dogs being in their house. I mean the chihuahuas are jerk themselves, but it's chihuahua owners that are the real assholes.
>>
>>92525705
There's a new The Mummy about to come out (or is it out already?) but it looks like shit.
>>
>>92525841
Well, of course it looks like shit. Is it going to make any money, though? That's the real kicker.
>>
>>92525422
I like to imagine somebody on production went on one of the traditional research trips to Mexice, saw a Xolo while there, and fell in love with the breed.
>>
>>92520890
It looks bland as fuck
>>
>>92525768

KIDS WOULD BE SCARED!
>>
>>92526122
They're fucking skeletons they're already scary.
>>
>>92525382
>either way, mustard after dinner
no one knows what the fuck that means
>>
>>92526456

oh, sorry,it's an idiom.

it practically means "too fucking late"
>>
>>92526456
I've never seen it used before, but didn't think it was hard to figure out. If someone gives you mustard after you've already finished eating dinner, what the hell are you supposed to do with it?
>>
>>92525382
>didnt Jorge R. Gutierrez ask Pixar to make the his BoL movie?
I am not sure but I can see why they passed. That movie fucking sucked

>Lol let's have cheesy covers of popular pop songs
>terrible script
>generic and dull characters
>uninteresting villain

It was insultingly terrible
>>
>>92520890
Human and skeleton designs look awful. Dante's all right
>>
>>92520890
I'm Mexican and honestly I'm completely uninterested in this film, which says a lot considering I usually don't fail to go turbo autism on upcoming animated films made by Disney/Pixar.

Dante is a very good boy, though. I like Xolos so it's nice to see one be the companion of the main character.

I saw the animated short of Dante chasing the bone and honestly the first few scenes that displayed a Mother's Day message kind of made me understand why I'm not as interested in Pixar as I am with regular Disney or Dreamworks anymore. Everything out of their marketing department just comes of as rather pretentious and masturbatory. They're aware they're part of your childhood and that you know them for being IMAGINATIVE AND HEART-FELT, and they won't let you forget it. No new movie they make is able to market itself without Pixar reminding you that you should watch it because they have made other good movies.

I might pick up on it later on, but so far I've got no real hurry or hype to speak of.

That one time they tried to copyright the fucking holiday's name and failed is so fucking satisfying to me.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.