[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always wanted to become one of those people who knows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I've always wanted to become one of those people who knows a franchise startlingly well. Not one of the ones who's an asshole or acts superior about it. It'd just be nice to have something to throw myself into that way.

I've narrowed it down to three that I've at least enjoyed a bit of. Which of these has the largest amount of genuinely GOOD material?

>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
>Transformers
>Hellboy/B.P.R.D.
>>
>>92520056
Hellboy.
>>
>>92520056
Hellboy.
>>
You can't really "become" one of those people on purpose.

You just enjoy something so much that you can't stop reading about it.

You can't just say "I'm going to read EVERYTHING in [x] series!" because you're going to get burned out.
>>
OP, how about you fucking "throw yourself into" a goddamn productive hobby?
>>
Hellboy/B.P.R.D. has the most good material of those three. TNMT and Transformers has the most normie appeal and thus you'll have the most chances to actually display your knowledge. Regardless, showing that you know any of those three subjects in massive depth is going to be more embarrassing than anything in most circumstances.

Not to mention you can't really intend to learn about something in depth like that. People who know a lot about a particular subject tend to come by it because they're intensely interested in the subject and the knowledge comes naturally to them over the course of years exploring it and gathering information. It's about passion.

If you really want to be a wealth of knowledge about something then pick something you're really passionate about. Engage in it, explore it, enjoy it and everything will come to you easily. And for fuck sake pick something - an art genre, a music genre, books, pets, etc. - that won't automatically label you as some weird faggot.
>>
>>92520056
Hellboy / BPRD /Mignolaverse
(Lobster Johnson, Witchfinder, Abe Sapien, Frankenstein Underground)
>>
>>92520056
None of those. Judge Dredd instead.
>>
>>92520411
>People who know a lot about a particular subject tend to come by it because they're intensely interested in the subject and the knowledge comes naturally to them over the course of years exploring it and gathering information
I really, really wish I didn't know who Reppy and Glitter Shell are.
>>
>>92520411
>It's about passion.
i learned an embarrassingly large amount of info on Halo and gave commentary on lore stuffs while co-oping with friends, also happened with the Alien franchise
>>
>>92520692
What's some good Dredd? I tried reading some stuff and it just seemed to goofy but then I read America and loved it. What do you recommend?
>>
Hellboy/ BPRD

>the only franchise without majorly embarrassing entries that you kind of have to excuse when talking to non- fans- ie the recent live-action TMNT and Transformers films.

>Hellboy is reasonably for adults and not merchandise- driven, while the other two are firmly in the territory kid franchises driven by toy sales.

>BPRD is its own expansive offshoot with a textured, fairly complex storyline
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.