[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it with the sudden appeal of characters with zero flaws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26

File: Marvel_NOW_catalog_51.jpg (62KB, 575x390px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_NOW_catalog_51.jpg
62KB, 575x390px
What is it with the sudden appeal of characters with zero flaws at a company known for it's relateable and more humanized characters you can sympathize with despite the wacky comic book setting?
>>
File: 35.jpg (942KB, 1177x3705px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
942KB, 1177x3705px
>>92503365
>What is it with the sudden appeal

you answered your own question. there is no sudden appeal, look at the sales figures. it is and was ONLY MARKETING and virtue signalers on social media that never bought any issues.

fire sana, when?
>>
>>92503365
Virtue signaling.
>>
File: yy5yfej8zlky.jpg (188KB, 527x810px) Image search: [Google]
yy5yfej8zlky.jpg
188KB, 527x810px
Whenever you have a character that's being thrown out for "representation" there's a risk that they won't get to exist on their own terms, and thus will risk being uninteresting because of a lack of texture and flaws

Movie Gamora is a good example of this. Comics Gamora is(was?) a bloodthirsty horny sadist.. Movie Gamora is your generic constantly-fed-up "Mom" character. I'd honestly rather they kick her out and replace her with Nebula if they're going to make another Guardians movie.

Say what you will about Carol's push (and it has been kind of lame) they at least haven't shied away from making her kind of a fuckup. She's got a slightly worse batting average than Tony Stark, I'd say.
>>
>>92503365
1. Marvel is hiring talentless lobotomy patients off of tumblr to write their comics.
2. When the entire purpose of a character is to positively represent an ethnic group, giving the character flaws might make the whole group look bad so Marvel is afraid to do it.
>>
>>92503365

There is no sudden appeal. The new lead of Marvel's comic department are just a bunch of Tumblr SJWs who think that they have a hidden army of billions of rainbow-haired dykes at their disposal.
>>
>>92503365
Moon Girl is a pretty bad example, OP
In her own series she's a brat and she's been fucked up by her own arrogance and unwillingness to ask for help. It's not a great book for adults but it's not the circlejerk people think it is

Problem is
a) that stupid press release wanking off over how she's so smart
b) every other person who writes her read a wikipedia article instead of the comics
>>
But moon girl has plenty of flaws and people in her own comic hate her.
People who say this stuff don't read comics.
>>
>>92503763
>>92503710
The problem is that her comic is bad, so you see shit from it where she's being a smug brat, but you don't see the part where (anyone reasonable) dislikes her
>>
>>92503365

This>>92503591

It's not about the characters, it's about doing it so they say they did it to make people who don't want to read their comics happy.

Also, 'appeal' is not the right word. They Marvel NOW stuff is selling like shit in a pig farm.
>>
>>92503954
You do raise a good point there - while she does fuck up, she rarely gets anyone treating her like the brat she is.
>>
>>92503365
Their characters were always perfect and civies always drooled over them. Their "flaws" were bs.
>Oh Daredevil can't see... except he kind of can... his radar sense is actually superior to sight lel. Oh and women fight over the right to date him.
>Oh Spider-man is poor... but a genius, top tier strength, agility, slight precog and is funny as hell. Oh and women fight over the right to date him.
>>
I can understand Moon Girl - she's the star of a book primarily for kids. When you were a kid, didn't you always think you were smarter than those cranky adults?

As for characters like Miles, Riri, and Cindy, that's mostly Bendis and Slott trying to make an OC that will outlive them.
>>
>>92503993
let me correct you
>Oh Spider-man is poor... but a genius, top tier strength, agility, slight precog and is funny as hell. Oh and women fight over the right to date him.
> oh wait they're dead
>let's just move on
>>
>>92503365
the scenario you imagine exists only in your head. consume more opposed forces and seek the middle path
>>
>>92503365
>14 posts in and nobody mentions the most obvious flaw that the character in the picture has
>>
>>92504025
Only Gwen and I think she came back recently.
>>
>>92503633
>NOOOO!
>thats four O's, write it down

based Spidey. We just need to get rid of his midget sidekick now
>>
>>92503993
Jesus fuck you're stupid.
>>
File: muhOpinion.gif (32KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
muhOpinion.gif
32KB, 810x800px
They want to appeal to a crowd that read daily webcomic solely consisting of "look at me being calm and owning that silly enemy" 4 panel pages.
>>
>>92503586
I kinda wanna see her go to a country that is currently under shariah law, "to see what it actually is"
>>
>>92503365
Post lewds pls
>>
>>92503710
>>92503763
I kind of get why he posted moon girl

Sure she has more backstory in her own comic, but the problem is that in other comics where she makes short appereances she is hailed like the best thing ever

It's the same problem with carol really
>>
>>92503763
>people in her own comic hate her.
That's not a flaw, it's virtue signaling. She's good but the evil jerkops don't want her to be famous. that sort of logic.
>>
>>92503698
You sound upset anon.
>>
>>92503365
Maybe they consider being black a flaw?
>>
>>92504562
Shhh... you'll summon /pol/
>>
>>92504265
Not really. They think she's stuck up, and they're not wrong.
>>92503990
I mean she is a little girl.
The entire last arc was basically the heroes of the MU rolling their eyes at her and going "You've got a ways to go, kid "
>>
>>92503365
>>92503586
>Millions of dollars invested into marketing because the movie universe
>Your characters are fucking everywhere like they have never been before
>Still fucking up so bad that your company cant sell a fucking comic
People have been saying that this progressive shit is cancer for buisnesses, apparently its true, you can argue otherwise but at this point it just makes you look retarded supporting communism levels of retarded
>>
File: latest-3.jpg (175KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.jpg
175KB, 791x1200px
Guess how many things in this pic I wanna fuck?

The answer may surprise you!
>>
>>92503710
She is Korra?
Oh my fucking good that's hilarious
>>
>>92504614
But we're already here.
>>
>>92504164
your mom is stupid.
>>
>>92504727
;-;
Are we /colmblr?/
>>
>>92504727
So what do you think about the death of Net Neutrality and impending death of 4chan?
>>
File: Moon GirlSupervillainSpeech.jpg (1MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
Moon GirlSupervillainSpeech.jpg
1MB, 1800x2767px
>>92503710
Lets not forget she's a supervillain.
>>
>>92504832
Mostly laughing at the number of "THANKS TRUMP" comments about it, since everyone seems to think the death of net neutrality was a result of Trump even though it started in the prime of the Obama administration. But hey, whatever legitimizes that confirmation bias.
>>
I genuinely like Riri and Moon Girl. What I don't like is the push on them without any real arcs, storylines or time to let the characters be explored and grow.

Kamala Khan worked because there was a set vision for her character and it was fleshed out patiently over time. These two have been thrown into the Marvel universe and, because marvel is desperate for sales, are being pushed hard instead of being allowed to have their own stories with real ups and downs and consequences. It's just executive bullshit bogging down the characters and it's inexcusable.
>>
>>92504659
Korra asks for and accepts help many times.
>>
File: 1478535709717.jpg (63KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
1478535709717.jpg
63KB, 526x436px
>>92504895

>characters mindlessly agreeing with other characters during their first interaction

No no no no NO

That's not how you do characterization at all. People need to disagree, bounce off each other, feel each other out. This sort of shit kills entire casts of characters.

10/10 would mad again
>>
>>92504895
Seriously? These grown adult women are taking a child seriously? This is a dream sequence right? She's just living in her own mind with this? I don't care how smart a child is, they lack experience.
>>
>>92504640
Two: The moon and the dinosaur.
>>
>>92504640
Thise are some luscious, full planet lips
>>
>>92505042
It flies in the face of her own comic even, because a major point is that she feels frustrated and impotent in her own skin because no one takes a little girl seriously.
>>
>>92504025
He also has the biggest inferiority-superiority complex in the entire world, is socially retarded (he has always been about five years behind the curve in social situations; the man practically mumbles one of his proposals to Mary Jane), has crippling mental breakdowns fairly regularly, and is constantly fucking himself over.

Peter's a lot of things, but he's deeply flawed as a person.
>>
What gets me is that every new character seems to have a "genius level intellect."

Like what the fuck does that even mean? How do you measure that sort of thing? Why is every superhero a genius, why can't they just be some average joe?
>>
>>92505064
These aren't frown adult women. These are college SJW sorority. This is some sort of a TED talk, but not really.
This is what happens when marvel hires brain dead people to write comics.
>>
>>92504107
Did she mention fucking a Goblin?
>>
>>92505998
That's basically asking why every super hero is a handsome chiseled Adonis with a perfect BMI. "Let's make a character with 18 in every attribute" is pretty much the default for super heroes. And then if they want to make a "good" character, they go "oh, but let's give him a character flaw by giving him 13 in THIS particular attribute. But only in his alter-ego form.
>>
>>92503586

>The best thing she can come up with to defend Sharia law is that it would destroy banking

You do know that if people giving out loans can't make money from doing it then all that means is that no one will be able to actually GET a loan, right?
>>
File: 1488915525616.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
1488915525616.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>92504895
>white male acting dumb

Very sublte Marvel.
>>
>>92504625
To be honest, it's not the progressive shit. Marvel, and just 'mainstream' comics in general, have always been pretty progressive. The problem is piss poor writing. You can be progressive without making it seem forced and stupid.

Superman, X-Men, Spider-Man, etc, have all been doing that for decades.
>>
>>92503365
but she's a nigger, that's a flaw.
>>
>>92506437
This. Captain America had an arc where the villain was honest-to-God Nixon, but it led to Nomad and everyone loved it.

It sucks because the current political climate lends itself well to high melodrama. A foreign entity infiltrating the highest levels of our government? Partisan politics coming to their logical, maddening conclusion? A caligula-esque manchild leading the free world because of the arrogance of the opposition? Any writer with an ounce of talent in their body would give their left leg for a scenario like that. Instead we get Nazi Cap and other shit no one asked for.
>>
>>92504142
Anna is the only good thing about Parker Industries era Spider-Man.
>>
>>92504895
There's no phone on that selfie stick.....
>>
>>92506635
It's not a selfie-stick, it's a genetic extractor to try and get a sample of Devil Dinosaur so he can turn himself into Homunculus Rex, Lord of the Dino-Men.

That sort of thing happens all the time.
>>
>>92506635
Maybe he just wants to poke the dinosaur to see what happens?

I know I would.
>>
>>92503365
Fuck off with your bait threads. If you actually bothered reading Moon Girl's comic you'd see she's really flawed.
>>
>>92506660
If that's the case then he's the only sane one there.

There is a fucking dinosaur on stage, why the hell is everyone listening to a little girl.
>>
>>92503365
>a company known for it's relateable and more humanized characters you can sympathize with despite the wacky comic book setting?
Marvel hasnt been this company since the Clone Saga
>>
>>92506671
You just like it because of those lewd edits. Fuck off pedophile.
>>
>>92504895

>I learned that most rules and systems aren't designed to make ME, Lunella LaFayette, great.

Reminder that the person who wrote this is an unironic Marxist.
>>
>>92506600
Didn't we already did something similar to that in Dark Reign with Norman Osborn.
>>
>>92506671
Moon Girl's crossovers were REALLY counter-intuitive. They just made everyone hate her while her actual comic is a delight.
>>
>>92503365
I mean, I agree with you, but why would you use the one of the few new characters that doesn't illustrate your point for this? Moon-Girl is plenty flawed.
>>
>>92504014
>she's the star of a book primarily for kids.
The problem for me is that this book "primarily for kids" is part of the mainline 616 universe, and not some AU where the creative team can just do whatever the fuck they want in their containment book.

Since it's part of 616, then it brings down all the other books to its childish level, because now they must all acknowledge that monkey girl is the smartest in the universe and play it straight.
>>
Tumblr thinks Lisa is the best part of the Simpsons.
>>
>>92506405
Write what you know
>>
>>92503633
>Movie Gamora is your generic constantly-fed-up "Mom" character. I'd honestly rather they kick her out and replace her with Nebula if they're going to make another Guardians movie.

That remind me of that clip from the GOTG cartoon where it's suppoesd to be every member was overloading the ship to make it have too much weight and Gamora had so many dumbells because "She needs to be strong" and it's so...bland...
>>
>>92506805
Why is accepting canon "bringing down the book"? Sounds like you just have a bias towards the character.
>>
>>92506355
>That's basically asking why every super hero is a handsome chiseled Adonis with a perfect BMI.
Not the same thing. Heroes are attractive because people like stories with good-looking characters. Heroes are physically fit because their adventures require them to be fit, and also because it looks attractive.

Characters being geniuses aren't required for a hero story. That's just something lazy writers think up to justify the lazy plot devices they'll need to create, in order for the hero to win.
>>
>>92506862
The Marvel cartoons are just

so, so bad nowadays.

Like, limited animation can be good IF the drawings are interesting. But they use this bland in-house art style that's lifeless without good animation to compensate.
>>
>>92506808
I find it hard to believe that Tumblr is old enough to have watched the Simpsons. Even when _I_ was in high school most kids had stopped watching it. And I'm thirty flippin 1.
>>
>>92506895
If Moon Girl is a book for kids, then by nature of the subject, every other Marvel book - no matter how serious - gets brought down to that level because of her existence when she inevitably crosses over.
>>
>>92506895
It's a stupid canon. Not that anon, but what if he does have a bias towards the character? She has tumblr written all over her and if you don't realize why that kind of shit is hated here yet there's no hope.
>>
>>92506973
>Children exist in my world and I see them
>Therefore it's always Barney time down here in fagsville

Idiot.
>>
>>92506994
Not an argument.
>>
>>92506973
Sorry, that logic doesn't follow. They don't have to tone down the blood or anything when Moon Girl appears. You are suggesting accepting canon is childish.

>>92506982
>written all over her
At least you admit you haven't read the comic. If you actually knew what you're talking about you would realize she's perfectly well rounded. You idiots screaming at the sjw boogeyman should be banned, it's impossible to discuss comics with you.
>>
>>92506405
They are actually evil androids, even more subtle
>>
>>92506982
>what if he does have a bias towards the character?

I almost said "you should read a comic before you decide you hate it" but then I remembered I'm on /co/.
>>
>>92503365
>What is it with the sudden appeal of characters with zero flaws
Dude if I want flaws I'll just go live my fucking live
I have enough flaws there
I want to relate myself to a perfect character because that makesw me feel better
>>
>>92507017
Why?
>>
>>92507018
>They don't have to tone down the blood or anything when Moon Girl appears.
That's not what I'm arguing. Moon Girl's appearances in other books ultimately lends validity to all the dumb shit that happens in her own book. She's the smartest in her own book because she solved a puzzle? Fine. But she's canonically the smartest in ALL Marvel books? That's stupid.
>>
>>92507018
>it's impossible to discuss comics with you.
Maybe you should stop reading them then and go discuss actual important things like politics, you fucking nerd
>>
>>92507017
You're saying Marvel books are childish because there's an all-ages book in canon.

Guess what? Power Pack existed at the same time as Punisher for years. Moon Girl can still have crazy dinosaur adventures whil Punisher rips out a gangster's spine.
>>
>>92507079
>all the dumb shit that happens in her own book
What dumb shit? You don't read her comic. Her intelligence wasn't even revealed until issue 12, the story isn't about that.
You don't have an argument.
>>
>>92507081
>Power Pack existed at the same time as Punisher for years.
And? Was it ever stated that Katie Power was the smartest in the universe? You still don't seem to get it.

>>92507109
>Her intelligence wasn't even revealed until issue 12
So you admit it's still a thing that has bled over to other books? I rest my case.
>>
>>92506728
No one is falling for it Marvel shill.
>>
>>92507138
>So you admit it's still a thing that has bled over to other books?
...No? How would you even reach that conclusion? I said her intelligence didn't involve any "dumb shit." It just is.

>I rest my case.
What case? Seriously. Does it just trigger you that she's smart? There's nothing wrong with it. There's no reason why other comics should pretend it isn't so, just because it bothers you. You don't even read her comic so you don't know if she's annoying.
>>
>>92507081
Why did she had to be the smartest and have crazy dinosaur adventures? She seems to do less of that than anything.

Half her book is guest spots coming in and out of the book telling her how smart she is and/or asking for help.

Kids with high IQs aren't smart because of that. They have to work to achieve their potential. She's just fucking smarter than everyone else because smartass bitchy child seems to be something some people like.
>>
>>92507183
>Half her book is guest spots coming in and out of the book telling her how smart she is and/or asking for help.
Literally only in the latest arc. The point was that her intelligence was finally recognized and she's becoming part of the larger Marvel U as a whole, with all the good (powerful allies) and bad (powerful enemies) that that entails.

>Kids with high IQs aren't smart because of that. They have to work to achieve their potential. She's just fucking smarter than everyone else because smartass bitchy child seems to be something some people like.

If you had read the book, you'd know that a plot point is that she spends literally ALL of her time studying. She had no friends before Devil Dinosaur came into her life.
>>
>>92503633

I never read any Carol stories except for the first few issues of Civil War II and she seems like some kind of disgruntled space cop who is tired of everyone's shit.
>>
>>92507183
>Half her book is guest spots coming in and out of the book telling her how smart she is and/or asking for help.
It's the other way around. The heroes tell her she has much to learn
>>
>>92507208
All the time of a child still doesn't compare her to the time of an adult with a similarly high IQ. She may have the potential but she cannot be the smartest.

>>92507256
"Don't be such a hotshot" is the same lesson almost every hero ends up having.

In a universe of brilliant people who have made times machines, Cured illness, extended life, Create and take away powers at a whim and any number of things what is the point of another one on the pile? A universe with powered people who can do all these things without the claims of being the smartest. What's the point of this character in the greater universe?
>>
>>92503633
>they at least haven't shied away from making her kind of a fuckup
The problem is that while she IS a fuckup, she is not treated AS a fuckup, she is treated as THE GREATEST.
>>
>>92504895
God I hate her hair.
>>
>>92503365
I still don't get why they had to kill off Moonboy and make devil dino her sidekick.

Why fuck that up? I liked Moonboy and DD.
>>
>>92506600
>A foreign entity infiltrating the highest levels of our government?
Jesus christ do you people honestly believe the "HE'S A RUSSIAN PLANT" thing?
>A caligula-esque manchild leading the free world because of the arrogance of the opposition?
Trump's biggest detractors come from the fact he's acting like a neocon or neoliberal. You'd get this exact same shit from Hillary.
>>
>>92507173
>...No?
So you deny the fact she's the smartest character? And you deny the fact that the greater Marvel universe acknowledges this?

>Does it just trigger you
I see I'm wasting my time here.
>>
Someone should really storytime Moon Girl so /co/ can finally come to a consensus on it.
>>
File: moon girl riri meet cover.jpg (419KB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl riri meet cover.jpg
419KB, 1800x2767px
>>92503365
>>
>>92503586
why is it when these people try and defend minorities they just come off as ignorent
>>
>>92507437

wait they killed Moon Boy?
>>
>>92506922
Wacker made Avengers Assemble somewhat better. I mean, it actually is going through comic stories now.
>>
File: moon girl inhuman rea.jpg (527KB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl inhuman rea.jpg
527KB, 1800x2767px
>>92507588
>>
File: moon girl and hulk.jpg (528KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl and hulk.jpg
528KB, 1988x3056px
>>92507619
>>
>>92507563
I've read exactly one issue of Moon Girl, which was storytimed here. I hated it.

I know she has a group of defenders on this board but I honestly don't see the appeal. Marvel's obnoxious virtue signalling marketing and her odious guest appearances in other books really doesn't help.
>>
File: moon girl rock scissors paper.jpg (446KB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl rock scissors paper.jpg
446KB, 1800x2767px
>>92507639
>>
>>92507614
Why do you think DD is in the present time instead of trying to get back to his bff?
>>
File: moon girl saved by mom.jpg (392KB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl saved by mom.jpg
392KB, 1800x2767px
>>92507668
>>
File: moon boy death.jpg (129KB, 810x547px) Image search: [Google]
moon boy death.jpg
129KB, 810x547px
>>92507614
Yeah, he died in the first issue of Moon Girl just so they could replace him.
>>
>>92507702
Why the hell are they dressed like sluts?
>>
>>92507719
its a contest about who is more mature, the joke is that hanging around dressed like a slut is not mature at all.
>>
>>92507719
Marvel pushing pedophilia in a last ditch effort to drum up sales
>>
>>92507588
how old is she. 12? and she is wearing that
>>
>>92503633
Its telling a random anon on 4chan making a parody comic was able to write Carol as a character I actually want to read about, while paid professionals make her the dullest shit.
>>
>>92507702
Wait, is this an upcoming issue?

Slut edut aside, I mean.
>>
>>92507719
>>92507761
>there are people on /co/ right now who still don't know these are edits
>>
>>92507821
really wow you got me
its telling that i though this was real
>>
Why is this black loli wearing lingerie? Is it part of the plot?
>>
>>92507860

I'm 100% convinced these images are all edits
>>
>>92507821
>>92507851
>>92507860
>>92507874
People say that these are all edits, and it makes sense, but it begs the question...
Why /co/ WHY?
>>
File: moon girl.jpg (571KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl.jpg
571KB, 1988x3056px
>>92507753
you are not that wrong, she wears really thight clothes and she has some ass on her

all I did in this edit was to remove her pants, she already got those legs and hips
>>
File: the rage of a thousand suns.jpg (56KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
the rage of a thousand suns.jpg
56KB, 500x459px
>>92503586
>Sharia is fun! Be muslim!
>>
>>92507938
It's just one pedofag that keeps posting his edits every time moongirl comes up in any context.
>>
File: moongirlcover.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
moongirlcover.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>92507949
ass and legs

I should really take request for things to edit and piss SJW's
>>
File: REEEEEEE.png (141KB, 395x409px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.png
141KB, 395x409px
>>92503586
>Sharia is fine as long as you don't leave your husband and get your nose cut off

I want racism back in style
>>
File: 1qgl6qf_1280.png (229KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1qgl6qf_1280.png
229KB, 500x376px
>>92507953
are you implying legally raping women and throwing gays off roofs isn't fun?
>>
>>92507965
>ha ha look at all these edits of a loli in lingerie
>really sticking it to the sjws right guys ha ha
>just some edits for laughs i wonder what moon girl's panties smell like ha ha

You'd be better off admitting it's for fapping, Anon, this whole cover story is embarrassing.
>>
>>92508031
>
oh look, we spotted the angry SJW, its working!
>>
>>92508083
Dude, do SJW's know this even exists? Do you post it on tumblr or what? How is posting to 4chan, which is only going to elicit grunts of perverted approval, sticking it to the SJWs?

I mean, whatever, I'll take the fap fodder, but you're deluding yourself if you think you're sticking it to anyone.
>>
>>92508112
>Dude, do SJW's know this even exists?
yes, the pics are posted in rule 34 and SJW's love to bitch about characters appearing there
>>
>>92507949
the art is fucking terrible.
>>
>>92508137
That sounds like a lot of work to accomplish absolutely nothing.
And if they're already on R34, what's the point of continuing to post them here?
>>
>>92508137
Oh. Well, OK then. Still seems like a lot of effort, but thanks for the pics.
>>
>>92506912
This fucking double-think.

People are smart because people like stories with smart characters. Heroes are learned and analytical because their adventures require them to be, and also because it makes the characters' personality attractive.

Characters being conventionally attractive and be built like bodybuilders with no fat is lazy writing, blah blah blah.
>>
File: moon girl dr strange 2.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl dr strange 2.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>92508210
>>92508250

>That sounds like a lot of work to accomplish absolutely nothing.

making those doesn't take much time and I have learned a lot about editing pics and digital painting while working on these.

not a lot of effort and not a waste of time and we get to see a brown loli while making SJW's and spergs angry

all I see is a win win scenario.

in fact I'm going to work on more shit after I eat lunch
>>
>>92504895
Remember that this character thinks only smart people should be allowed to vote.
>>
>>92508210

>That sounds like a lot of work to accomplish absolutely nothing.

Haven't you been on this website before?

>And if they're already on R34, what's the point of continuing to post them here?

You could apply this same logic to story-times, fan-art threads and like, 20% of all post on the board in general.
>>
>>92508305
But you won't make any SJWs angry by making these and posting them on R34, where they'll get buried beneath mountains and mountains of furry and pony porn that's so depraved, it makes your edits look like a sunday morning comic strip.

The only people that you piss off are the people that have to deal with your constant attention-whoring.
>>
>>92508305
by the gods, who drew that shit?
I know eastern europeans who draw better when half drunk and for 12$ a year, holy shit
>>
>>92509213
like you, faggot?
>>
>>92509335
Me and everyone else that comes to /co/ for actual /co/ reasons, yes.
>>
>>92509293
other people being better doesn't make this art bad, is decent looking at worst
>>
>>92503365

It's like when Trank did FF; they don't care about the decades of work they're shitting on, they think they know better.

The politics is just a tool for narcissists to trash the work of others with their new, improved garbage.
>>
>Marvel wants the SJW audience.

>Gets pedophiles.

FUCKING KEK!

Also, I hope you fucks die of cancer.
>>
>>92509599
>Me and everyone else that comes to /co/ for actual /co/ reasons, yes.

this just makes me feel like editing and posting more stuff
>>
>>92506922
Yup. It's a shame, too, cause at this point DC is making better comics and animated movies (although they suck at the live action stuff). Marvel's got the MCU going for it, but unless they quit with all the fucking 'events' and get some major writing talent I doubt they'll be able to get in more new readers. They replaced DnA with fucking Bendis, which is disheartening and moronic, seeing as Dan's /tg/ fare gets onto the NYT bestseller list.
>>
>>92506912
I also don't get why they never explain how the tech doesn't get adapted. At this point, 'genius' just means 'my superpower is engineering.'

At least the Foglios did a decent explanation for all the odd gadgets, because I have yet to see capeshit that explains why superhero tech can't be reverse engineered.
>>
>>92507476
>fire the guy investigating claims of Russian influence
>compromise Israeli spy infiltrating Daesh by giving intel to Russia just because
This is Nixon levels of "what the actual fuck". Also, we hate Trump because he's acting like a big kid who can do whatever he feels like. Even Republicans are getting sick of his shit.
>>
>>92507949
So what you're telling us is that the ass was fat?
>>
>>92503365
every time i see moon girl on the shelf at the comic store i say "moon cricket" to myself and chuckle and then buy manga
>>
File: moon girl has it going.jpg (136KB, 820x424px) Image search: [Google]
moon girl has it going.jpg
136KB, 820x424px
>>92509966
>>92509966
>the ass was fat?

maybe
>>
>>92510020
>and then buy manga
you are not better than anyone here
>>
>>92510051
true enuff i might be a giant faggot that reads manga but even i'm not lame enough to buy this garbage
>>
>>92509935
He had months to give us proof and he didn't.
Aside from his fucking twitter feed what awful "bullying" shit has Trump done?
>>
>>92510164
Not that anon, but I would assume that investigating something as big as international conspiracy would take a lot more than a couple months.
>>
>>92510515
they said they had proof during the election
>>
>>92510164
You investigations take a while, right? And that firing the guy investigating you looks at least a BIT shady, riiiiiiight?
>what awful "bullying" shit has Trump done?
He restarted the shitshow that is Standing Rock (their tribal elders don't want him building his stupid wall on their land), put in that stupid travel ban (but only with countries he doesn't have lucrative business deals with, of course) and censored the EPA from even mentioning climate change
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/24/trump-ignores-standing-rock-sioux-question-after-dakota-access-order.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-immigration-ban-conflict-of-interest/
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/donald-trump-environmental-protection-agency-website-climate-change-global-warming-a7544621.html

Let's face facts: America done fucked up.
>>
>>92508430
Does anyone have the page where she says that? I've been trying to find it to prove a point but don't know where to look.

It's probably something really easy to find and proves that I'm dumb enough not to pass her voting tests
>>
>>92509879
>my superpower is engineering
Moon Girl is so smart that she was better at this than the guy whose superpower literally is engineering.
>>
>>92510604
It was in America #2. Same as >>92504895
>>
File: FilthyHobitses.jpg (45KB, 333x340px) Image search: [Google]
FilthyHobitses.jpg
45KB, 333x340px
>>92509640
>>92509293
I don't know anon, it seems pretty bad

Filthy hobitses....
>>
>>92505064
As the other anon said, this is a TED type talk. And TED talk has also had youngsters do talks on shit like space and computer hacking.
>>
>>92509935
I find it hilarious that leftists were screaming for Comey's head for his investigations into Hillary, but now that Trump removed him they are all against it.
>>
>>92506600
>A foreign entity infiltrating the highest levels of our government?

If Russia wanted to influence America they would have just donated to the Clinton Foundation
>>
>>92511087
I hope you're happy, anon. I read that whole issue and couldn't find it. Was that your plan all along?

But seriously, I don't see it anywhere during her speech. She only touches on the arbitrariness of voting age requirements but, doesn't actually say anything about literacy tests. Spoon feed me please.
>>
>>92513547
Anon is talking about the part where she says something along the lines of: "I'm the smartest person in the world and yet I still can't vote." which implies that her, and by extension the author, believe intelligence should be linked to voting rights
>>
>>92513330
>leftists
Just call us liberals, you damn tool. And a cover-up's a cover-up, no matter how you spin it.
>>
>>92513618
Thats a real stretch.
>>
>>92507661
It was the one with the hologram puzzle, right? Funny how the "Moon Girl is great on her own book" argument died the moment someone storytimed the book.
>>
>>92504640
Seven?
>>
>>92510654
Anon why complain about comics when you don't read them? Forge's power is building shit despite not actually knowing what it does or how it works. There is no part of his power that makes it impossible for other people to do it better.
>>
>>92514066

> Just call us liberals...

Ehh...
>>
>>92509645
This. Narcissist is the exact word; the type of people who show no respect to other's work and think they are superior.
>>
>>92510654
The fuck is that that she drawn into the sand?
>>
>>92510576
Proof of a Russia hack, yeah. Now they're investigating Trump's campaign to explore possible collusion between him and the Russians.
>>
File: confused black man.jpg (40KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
confused black man.jpg
40KB, 505x431px
>>92514908
I am not American, so help me out here.
Wasn't the Right-Wing the ones supposed to be conspiracy nuts?
>>
>>92514979
The pendulum swung.
>>
>>92514979
Trump spent half the election campaign talking about how he was bestest pals with Putin, so it's not like this came out of nowhere. There's pretty good evidence that Putin's been funding a lot of far-right shitheads so he can turn the EU into the League of Nations and go full Schickelgruber.
>>
>>92515349
>implying that Putin needs to do anything for the EU to ruin besides wait
Britain already bailed out, and Poland is starting to look like they want out too.
>>
>>92514979
right wing conspiracies came true with the whole Seth Rich being murdered thing so now other conspiracies are being given a shot
>>
>>92504640
24 asteroids, 3 planets, 1 planetary ring system, 1 dinosaur, 1 Face-moon, and every single star.
>>
>>92515519
>implying support for the EU hasn't risen since Britain fucked up
>implying everyone else hasn't realised that EU membership is useful
>impying Poland isn't run by an idiot
66-34, dipshit
>>
>>92515833
>impying Poland isn't run by an idiot
I never implied anything of the sort.
>>
>>92503365
She looks like Maz Kanata from Star Wars.
>>
>>92508031
Clearly the best option is both, Anon.
>>
>>92514979
>Fire FBI Director a week after praising him, but days after he asked for more resources for the investigation
>Jeopardize important middle East connections to please Putin.
>Prepare use of obscure law "just in case" he's prosecuted

For an innocent guy Trump is a master of looking guilty.
>>
>>92504895
>learning to function as a group and team is keeping my feefees in line! literally raped!
I fucking hate this generation, jesus christ.
>>
>>92516540
Hey remember when he settled out of court for that fraud trial? Y'know, the one weeks after he was elected?
>>
>>92503633
Rogue bringing the banter
>>
File: 1494549734282.png (414KB, 621x424px) Image search: [Google]
1494549734282.png
414KB, 621x424px
>>92509293
It's a Marvel standard these days.
>>
>>92516600
Which, again, was addressed in the latest arc.

She barely took down one Doombot, and almost got herself and the X Men killed in the process. When an army of them was converging on her she didn't hesitate to swallow her pride and call for help.
>>
>>92504640
Moon boy didn't deserve to die for this shit.
>>
My favourite heroes experience character assassination, die horribly in events/what ifs, receive ridiculous retcons, and just general fuckery. How long until she gets some?
>>
>>92506600
Want to know how I know you only read CNN and facebook news posts?
>>
>>92503365
They don't want to spend years and decades building these characters up, so they jump right to the "omgsoamazing" self indulgence.
>>
>>92513533
Russia has no money.

The oligarchs can pull some strings but CIA and other intelligence agencies hate Russia.
>>
>>92510654
Has she even made her own fucking suit yet? The whole using random scraps of shit approach only makes sense for a day or so after you find out you need shit, how the shit does she not have a mech or something? And what was the point of the iron heart character if this one is the super engineer genius?
>>
>>92506405
"Subtle" is the last word you'd wanna use to describe that comic.
>>
File: Disney.jpg (94KB, 1200x501px) Image search: [Google]
Disney.jpg
94KB, 1200x501px
>>92503365
>>
>>92515349
>Trump spent half the election campaign talking about how he was bestest pals with Putin, so it's not like this came out of nowhere.
Yeah, to appeal to people upset by Hillary's insane sabre rattling.
>>92515833
>implying support for the EU hasn't risen since Britain fucked up
Yeah, I sure do love the idea of living under a super state that fully intends to replace me with low IQ military aged "refugees". Look how well it's going for Germany, Sweden and France!
>>
>>92519103
Yeah. She weaponized soda and bullhorns, supercharged a tazer, and asded rockets and a jetpack tk her skates and backpack.
>>
>>92507080
Why aren't you on /pol/?
>>
>>92507538
>he got triggered
>so he's taking his ball and going home
lol
>>
>>92521975
It's called having multiple tabs, shill.
>>
Is that the new iron man?
>>
>>92522247
You're thinking of the taller, smugger nigger
>>
>>92504640
All.

All of the things.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.