[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets be honest. This would have been a better start to the DCEU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

File: Green Lantern.jpg (58KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern.jpg
58KB, 400x593px
Lets be honest.

This would have been a better start to the DCEU than what we got.
>>
>>92491729
I want to say that you're wrong.

But I can't.
>>
>>92491834
/thread
>>
>/co/ finally admits they liked GL
In the end, DC always wins.
>>
>>92491729

It's a sad state of affairs that you're totally right.
>>
>>92491729
>>92491834
>>92492217
>>92492298
samefag
>>
That's pretty sensible.

>>92492314
This isn't sensible. 6 posts, 5 posters. Even mobile posters are able to see this.
>>
>>92492343
Prove you're not samefagging.
>mobile posters
Ban evaders, you mean. They love their company war threads.
>>
Green Lantern was lame, cheap looking and supremely uninspired. Ultimately it wasn't offensive, but it wasn't really good either.
Just like Thor.
I agree, the DCEU should have stayed there
>>
>>92492378
>lame, cheap looking and supremely uninspired
So was Iron Man; because GL was IM without RDJ.
>>
>>92491729
>This could*
With what we got? No, it was sloppy. Less Space Bug, Hammond and Hal focus and more Sinestro and GLC would have worked though.
>>
>>92492314
I dont think they are the same guy
and I agree with them
>>
>>92492371
>mobile posters
>Ban evaders, you mean
No, I mean mobile posters.
>They love their company war threads
Nobody's talking about Marvel except the two posts below yours, and even then it's detrimental.
>>
>>92492394
No. There are sfx in Iron Man that look better than even a lot of what we get these days.
>>
>>92492401
>>92492405
>samefag agrees with himself
Well, duh.
>Nobody's talking about Marvel
You hate DC = you like Marvel. Please don't bother to deny it.
>>
>>92492428
>only sfx are important
Typical marvelfag. Enjoy le epic PacMan reference xd
>>
>>92492469
Who the hell said that? Jesus.
>>
>>92492493
He's trying to shitpost, don't bother.
>>
>>92492502
>he shitposts because he's not joining the daily anti-DC circlejerk
>>
>>92491729

It was about as good as MoS imo. Not great but definitely watchable on a boring Sunday afternoon
>>
>>92492542
I agree that they're better than the MCU too.
>>
>>92492542
I think Man of Steel flaws and all still could have worked as an alright beginning the DCEU.

But then BVS came and killed all that hope.
>>
>>92492592
>implying you even like DC
lol. If you ask me, I think you're angry because the DCEU is still alive and kicking despite Disney's smear campaigns.
>>
>>92492617
Dude I'd be happy to have good DC films existing along with good Marvel films.
>>
why didn't people like Catwoman?
>>
>>92492669
Don't bother replying to him, he's just trying to stir up shit and get replies. You'll just keep getting inane trash until the thread 404's.
>>
>>92492669
>good Marvel films
Fox, fuck yeah.

>>92492678
It was Vixen.
>>
>>92492695
Ok. Then lets talk about what if Green Lantern was a success.
>>
>>92492695
Dude, shitting on DC is your (unpaid) job. Don't be lazy.
>>
>>92492720
Marvelfags would commit suicide. The board would be a more civilized place.
>>
>>92492720
Live action Rainbow Lantern Rangers. Not sure if want.
>>
>>92492695
>stir up shit and get replies
That's what this thread was about...
>>
>>92492720
I'd have been great with that, the lanterns would be an excellent addition to the DCEU. There's a ton to work with.
>>
>>92492776
Yeah, it sounds retarded like a GotG movie.

>>92492785
Oh, they will bring the GL-verse back sooner or later. Haters will hate it, fans will love it.
>>
>>92492749
>People can't enjoy more then one studios product.
>>
>>92492828
>>92492695
>>
>>92492828
Marvelfags can't. Honey wasn't made for the donkey's mouth.
>>
>>92492814
Green lantern is about the only thing I gravitate towards on the DC side. it's a shame they made a parralax cloud in this movie but. I definitely won't say no to more.
>>
>>92492852
Yeah, and now you will say you read comics...
>>
>>92492852
>I definitely won't say no to more.
Even if White Lanterns?
>>
The movie is forgettable and wasted potential. Although the only thing irritating about the movie was the after credits stinger where Sinestro puts on the yellow ring for no reason. It feels like WB was playing it safe, but you need to go all out with this kind of material. That said, doing a Green Lantern movie is no simple task, I mean I wouldnt want to be left in charge of it. CGI and makeup would be a nightmare and cost a fortune
>>
>>92492890
If it's Kyle raynor's journey to become a white lantern. I liked that a lot.
>>
>read Christopher Priest's blog
>praised the CGI costume while criticizing Captain America's in Avengers
Welp, DC haters get BTFO again. See you another day, OP; keep that hate alive, it could be the only thing that gives you a reason to exist.
>>
It wasted too much time setting up the main character and his life, so the parts after he gets the ring all feel rushed. His training on the alien planet especially suffers from the pacing. He goes from barely knowing aliens exist, to being on an alien world and training with aliens, to feeling dejected and quitting the team because one alien was mean to him, all the span of what seems a single day.
>>
>>92491729
This movie is only superior to Supergirl and Steel. It rests in the D- dept.
The best DC has to offer on the big screen are a few B to B+ Batman movies.

However, DC cartoons rule.
>>
>>92493039
DC should really just give up on live action and just do animation.
>>
>>92493039
>However, DC cartoons rule.
Well most of them do. Justice League War was dog shit, especially the voice acting.
>>
>>92491729
sinestro begins is awesome
>>
>>92491729
I wish it wasn't true, but yeah. It would've actually been a better jumping point than Superman snapping his enemy's neck in the first movie.
>>
>>92491729
Probably. It's still better than either thor flick in any case.
>>
God can you imagine what Suicide Squad would look like if THIS was the standard we'd be working with?
>>
>>92494540
Probably better.
>>
>>92493064
Why? Their animation is on the same level of shit.
>>
>>92494540
No, elaborate.
>>
>>92493039
don't you fucking start in on Steel, faggot

the Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits movie I'll grant you but this is not better than Steel

Steel doesn't take itself seriously
>>
>>92492720
We would have gotten a bit more space opera and weirdness before GotG came along and tried to take "the new Star Wars" title (until actual new Star Wars started coming out that is)

I actually really liked the Green Lantern movie toys. Also if the movie had been a hit there would have been more reason to keep the excellent animated series going
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.